Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 6, 2021 10:17 AM
Aug 2020
AlexConrado said:
Did they really just waste an entire episode of a 12 ep anime for a recap after 7 eps? You cant do that man..

Nope, it’s not included in the BD which means we’re still getting 12 actual episodes
Mar 6, 2021 5:58 PM
Apr 2019
Oh yeah. This is an interesting recap so far. Still, I can't wait for next week's episode.
Mar 6, 2021 6:41 PM
Dec 2020
Just 7 episodes and we receive a recap, pfff..
Mar 6, 2021 11:52 PM
Dec 2019
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Except its not. To be honest I was too tired to fully enjoy something like this, since my brain was exhausted. I'm happy it was a recap, but at the same time annoyed. Its decent, but I'm more interested in the operators, which is promised to be released next week.
Mar 6, 2021 11:52 PM
Dec 2019
Raistandantilus said:
Just 7 episodes and we receive a recap, pfff..
this is an anime original too lmao. are they even going to have enough episodes to finish? second season chances lol
Mar 7, 2021 4:04 AM
Jun 2019
Yeah it's a recap episode :/ still excited for next ep.
Mar 8, 2021 2:34 AM
Apr 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
A fucking recap episode that also doubles as explaining pretty much all of the interpretive elements so far. There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end.

Clowerworks has some internal problems with the episode producing and realising. The same thing happened for tpn s2, also it's a recap you're just over-reacting lol
The recaps are necessary for schedule issues and TV slots, they do not place them because they think that us viewers have a short memory. In WEP this implies even more that the staff are very keen to keep the quality high throughout the series.
BeAtOrIcHeEMar 8, 2021 4:13 AM
Mar 8, 2021 8:58 AM

Jun 2019
be_nice_uwu_ said:
Blue_Maroon said:
A fucking recap episode that also doubles as explaining pretty much all of the interpretive elements so far. There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end.

Clowerworks has some internal problems with the episode producing and realising. The same thing happened for tpn s2, also it's a recap you're just over-reacting lol
The recaps are necessary for schedule issues and TV slots, they do not place them because they think that us viewers have a short memory. In WEP this implies even more that the staff are very keen to keep the quality high throughout the series.

I don’t know how many times I’ve said this, but I can reiterate it if you haven’t seen my other replies.

I know the studio has had problems this season, but when I say that there is “no excuses” that means someone and/or some group of people at the studio are at fault.

Similar to how TPN’s recap turned into a special, if this does the same then I will not hold this episode against them. But it still looks like this is an actual episode so I have to factor that in to my rating if it does not change.
Mar 8, 2021 7:03 PM
Jan 2020
A recap of all the events that took place.
Mar 8, 2021 9:40 PM
Dec 2020
They shouldn't have done a recap episode, it would've been fine to just not put anything out that week.
It actually made me pretty mad to see a recap episode, may as well spit in the eyes of the viewer. I mean, after 7 episodes? Reallly? Was this made for people with alzheirmers?
Anyways, i just wanted to vent. Of course i know it's probably not the fault of the shows creators, but as always, the fault of some greedy corporate management that forces the creators to make the episodes as they air instead of letting them finish the god damn anime first. Or something like that, keep in mind that i don't actually know.
Although in a small capacity, it does diminish the overall integrity of the work, and despite clearly taking an effort, it amounts to practically nothing.
Then again, I'm sure some people will enjoy this, so again, I'm just venting. I hate recaps in anime. They suck and shouldn't be a thing happens, but they are and they are probably there because the industry needs them in some capacity or something.

While I'm here, the anime is pretty alright so far, but i wish it's characters weren't so... unidimensional? I mean, they clearly do have some dept to them, so it's not that...
Passive, i guess. When their friend was letting herself be killed they would just yell some dumb generic bullshit to wake her up from it. So they don't mind getting their hands dirty when it comes to impaling the shit out of monsters, but when it comes to feelings (one of the things the show is about) they come off as half assed. As in, no matter how your personality is, in that sort of situation i expect them to show a bit more of character, other than just crying a little an saying "nooo, don't do it, we love you, don't let it end like this". That's just the way i felt with that scene, and the overall show so far, maybe I'm missing the point, let me know.
Mar 9, 2021 6:26 AM
Oct 2009
tfw a 12-episode anime has a recap episode -_- wish it wasn't counted as part of the season cuz won't this cause scheduling issues with the actual planned finale? xD
Mar 9, 2021 8:32 AM

Dec 2016
Very odd episode number for a recap. It would make sense if it was episode 6.5
Mar 9, 2021 6:36 PM
Nov 2018
Although this was a recap episode. I definitely needed this since I forgot almost everything and I don’t understand anything since I got a monkey brain. Much needed!
Mar 12, 2021 9:52 PM

Oct 2009
recap at ep 8? why? :|
Mar 15, 2021 10:37 PM

Mar 2009
174 posts for a recap. Okay, then.
Mar 16, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2019
Oh I thought the next episode is going to be the recap. Either way, a recap is a recap and there isn't really something I forgot. Though I love hearing Acca so it's a win win situation.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 19, 2021 10:10 PM

Jul 2020
i just skip, thats all
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2021 12:42 PM
Mar 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
zLeroy said:

But there actually is a reason for this episode just read the comments above

I do not care if they had production issues.

You sound like an entitled little prick, imagine showing some form of empathy towards people that work their asses off for other people's entertainment. If anything this studio is prioritizing quality rather than pushing out actual garbage, which in my opinion is a good thing but here you are complaining like some spoiled rich kid.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but considering your lack of care(empathy) you probably don't: There's a pandemic going on where people- and companies try their hardest to give their best considering the circumstances, but sometimes it just doesn't go as planned. Welcome to the real world! Perhaps if you step out your basement and garner some real life experience and interact with human beings you will gain some understanding of how things work.

Blue_Maroon said:
be_nice_uwu_ said:

I don’t know how many times I’ve said this, but I can reiterate it if you haven’t seen my other replies.

I know the studio has had problems this season, but when I say that there is “no excuses” that means someone and/or some group of people at the studio are at fault.

Similar to how TPN’s recap turned into a special, if this does the same then I will not hold this episode against them. But it still looks like this is an actual episode so I have to factor that in to my rating if it does not change.

Are you on the spectrum? Because everything is extremely black and white to you, there's no room for somewhere in between.
Mar 20, 2021 1:04 PM

Jun 2019
Bakrakon said:
Blue_Maroon said:

I do not care if they had production issues.

You sound like an entitled little prick, imagine showing some form of empathy towards people that work their asses off for other people's entertainment. If anything this studio is prioritizing quality rather than pushing out actual garbage, which in my opinion is a good thing but here you are complaining like some spoiled rich kid.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but considering your lack of care(empathy) you probably don't: There's a pandemic going on where people- and companies try their hardest to give their best considering the circumstances, but sometimes it just doesn't go as planned. Welcome to the real world! Perhaps if you step out your basement and garner some real life experience and interact with human beings you will gain some understanding of how things work.

Blue_Maroon said:

Are you on the spectrum? Because everything is extremely black and white to you, there's no room for somewhere in between.

I have no idea what you are refering to with this comment. I can’t absolve this show of critcism for the recap episode because the studio and production team were mismanaged.

And if I am rating a series, then I have to factor every episode in that rating. If 1 of the 12 episodes is a recap then obviously that matters when I am rating a series. If the recap episode became a special, then it wouldn’t be a part of the final product and it would not be taken into consideration.

I don’t know why this is so hard for you to understand. Where is the middle ground that I am lacking in my reasoning?
Mar 20, 2021 1:38 PM
Mar 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
Bakrakon said:

I have no idea what you are refering to with this comment. I can’t absolve this show of critcism for the recap episode because the studio and production team were mismanaged.

And if I am rating a series, then I have to factor every episode in that rating. If 1 of the 12 episodes is a recap then obviously that matters when I am rating a series. If the recap episode became a special, then it wouldn’t be a part of the final product and it would not be taken into consideration.

I don’t know why this is so hard for you to understand. Where is the middle ground that I am lacking in my reasoning?

"If you’ve lost the count, that brings us to 4 directorial debuts across 7 episodes thus far, with a few first-time supervisors too; starting of course with designer Saki Takahashi, who’s acting as chief animation director for the first time. All of this, in a show handled by a novice series director as well. "

Perhaps applaud the production team for:
- High quality animation
- High quality story(telling)
- High quality voice acting
- Passion for their project
- Not releasing a shit-tier quality episode just to please spoiled brats.
- Involving young talent as staffmembers: teaching them the ropes and letting them have some creative freedom.

Just their passion for the project alone tells me they're not going to skim episodes, even if they don't receive a broadcast-slot for the (extra) episode they will very likely make it a web-release shortly afterwards. You also leave out the fact that they've written this show specifically for TV, there's no source material (manga) they can just copy-paste scenes out of, this project is bigger than your typical manga-to-anime shows. So give them some slack..

But rather than employing rational thinking, perhaps by finding out WHY this episode was a recap and give them the benefit of the doubt, you immediately come in here to complain while not giving them a chance to prove themselves.

"A fucking recap episode"
"There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end."
"I do not care if they had production issues."
"Furthermore, what frustrates me the most about this is that this was not a special like The Promised Neverland’s 5.5 episode, "
^ I fixed your MISMANAGED spelling mistake for you.

Your reasoning is inherently flawed as the series has not concluded yet, so you can't form an informed opinion about this matter as they can still release the actual episode 8-12 in the upcoming weeks. Neither can I, but considering their passion I DO give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until it's concluded rather than acting like a spoiled brat or Blue_Karen.
Mar 20, 2021 2:15 PM

Jun 2019
Bakrakon said:
Blue_Maroon said:

"If you’ve lost the count, that brings us to 4 directorial debuts across 7 episodes thus far, with a few first-time supervisors too; starting of course with designer Saki Takahashi, who’s acting as chief animation director for the first time. All of this, in a show handled by a novice series director as well. "

Perhaps applaud the production team for:
- High quality animation
- High quality story(telling)
- High quality voice acting
- Passion for their project
- Not releasing a shit-tier quality episode just to please spoiled brats.
- Involving young talent as staffmembers: teaching them the ropes and letting them have some creative freedom.

Just their passion for the project alone tells me they're not going to skim episodes, even if they don't receive a broadcast-slot for the (extra) episode they will very likely make it a web-release shortly afterwards. You also leave out the fact that they've written this show specifically for TV, there's no source material (manga) they can just copy-paste scenes out of, this project is bigger than your typical manga-to-anime shows. So give them some slack..

But rather than employing rational thinking, perhaps by finding out WHY this episode was a recap and give them the benefit of the doubt, you immediately come in here to complain while not giving them a chance to prove themselves.

"A fucking recap episode"
"There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end."
"I do not care if they had production issues."
"Furthermore, what frustrates me the most about this is that this was not a special like The Promised Neverland’s 5.5 episode, "
^ I fixed your MISMANAGED spelling mistake for you.

Your reasoning is inherently flawed as the series has not concluded yet, so you can't form an informed opinion about this matter as they can still release the actual episode 8-12 in the upcoming weeks. Neither can I, but considering their passion I DO give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until it's concluded rather than acting like a spoiled brat or Blue_Karen.

Why are you so mad about my opinion on an anime that you had no involvement with? It isn’t like my way or your way of viewing this recap are wrong, we just have different values when we judge anime.

You may be more forgiving for this episode because of all the first-time directors and supervisors, but I cannot do so. The fact that this recap was because of poorly planned scheduling is something that should affect the rating (assuming it stays in the episode count). Like you stated, this is an original anime, so it is entirely on the creators if they were too ambitious and perfectionist, resulting in an episode getting replaced by a recap.

I see forgiving the creators for this large blunder as an insult to other anime and their creators that did not make these same mistakes. Creating art isn’t an easy job. Inexperienced directors and supervisors often make mistakes in their first project. But, I believe we should take those mistakes into account so when they improve on future projects, their growth is more commendable and praiseworthy.

I have never said that this anime was bad. I have it as 7/10 and it is closer to an 8 than a 6 (factoring in this recap as an episode). It is a good anime and can be great depending on the ending and if this episode stays a part of the actual series.

My frustration with this episode only came about because I thought it could be great and having a recap for an official episode hurt those chances. Like you said, we still have yet to see what the results of this recap is, but the fact that we have not gotten any confirmation about added episodes or this becoming a special is worrysome to me.

I am not telling you how you should rate this or any anime. I am just explaining my viewpoint to you so you can see where I am coming from. Calling me insults will not change any of my views.
Mar 20, 2021 3:09 PM
Mar 2021
Blue_Maroon said:

You may be more forgiving for this episode because of all the first-time directors and supervisors, but I cannot do so. The fact that this recap was because of poorly planned scheduling is something that should affect the rating (assuming it stays in the episode count). Like you stated, this is an original anime, so it is entirely on the creators if they were too ambitious and perfectionist, resulting in an episode getting replaced by a recap.

So basically you're going to downrate the show because they had a week of delay in production? Would you be as rigid with your complaints if you started watching the show after it concluded? Do you check the concluded anime that you've watched if they had delays in their development and change your ratings based on that?

See how stupid and faulty this logic sounds?

For example you've rated Monogatari Series: Second Season a 10, a show with 26 episodes that had 3 recap episodes
Episode 6
Episode 11
Episode 16

But you're going to downrate a show for "1 recap episode" in 12(possibly 13) episodes, whereas the first 12 episodes of Monogatari Series: Second Season you've had to endure 2 recaps....

Once again faulty logic.

Blue_Maroon said:

I see forgiving the creators for this large blunder as an insult to other anime and their creators that did not make these same mistakes. Creating art isn’t an easy job. Inexperienced directors and supervisors often make mistakes in their first project. But, I believe we should take those mistakes into account so when they improve on future projects, their growth is more commendable and praiseworthy.

You're blowing this way out of proportion, why would you rate a show differently when their decision is entirely based on NOT HAVING TO compromise on quality... Delays happen for a multitude of reasons, I rather have them delay one week and ensure the actual episode is of the same quality as the other one's rather than having some random poorly made episode. But apparently you would rather see them give us some Naruto Filler episode quality, so you don't have to wait "one week" for new content.

Sorry, but you really sound spoiled.

Blue_Maroon said:

My frustration with this episode only came about because I thought it could be great and having a recap for an official episode hurt those chances. Like you said, we still have yet to see what the results of this recap is, but the fact that we have not gotten any confirmation about added episodes or this becoming a special is worrysome to me.

Confirmations only happen if they have something concrete, this will likely be revealed in the upcoming weeks. My guess is that the "extra" episode will be released on the web rather than on TV. Patience is a virtue.
Mar 20, 2021 3:44 PM

Jun 2019
Bakrakon said:

So basically you're going to downrate the show because they had a week of delay in production? Would you be as rigid with your complaints if you started watching the show after it concluded? Do you check the concluded anime that you've watched if they had delays in their development and change your ratings based on that?

See how stupid and faulty this logic sounds?

For example you've rated Monogatari Series: Second Season a 10, a show with 26 episodes that had 3 recap episodes
Episode 6
Episode 11
Episode 16

But you're going to downrate a show for "1 recap episode" in 12(possibly 13) episodes, whereas the first 12 episodes of Monogatari Series: Second Season you've had to endure 2 recaps....

Once again faulty logic.

It isn’t the week of delay that would impact it, but the episode itself being included as a part of the series (i.e. listed as an actual episode). I rated Monogatari Series: Second Season a 10 a while back and the site that I watched it on did not include the recap episodes, so I didn’t notice. If they were included, I likely wouldn’t have rated it a 10.

Bakrakon said:

You're blowing this way out of proportion, why would you rate a show differently when their decision is entirely based on NOT HAVING TO compromise on quality... Delays happen for a multitude of reasons, I rather have them delay one week and ensure the actual episode is of the same quality as the other one's rather than having some random poorly made episode. But apparently you would rather see them give us some Naruto Filler episode quality, so you don't have to wait "one week" for new content.

Sorry, but you really sound spoiled.

I would have preferred a complete week delay over a psuedo-canonical recap. I am in agreement that a downgrade in episode quality is the last thing I want, but if this recap episode stays a part of the episode count, then it’s impact on my rating would be somewhat comparable to a filler episode. Again, my criticism has always been pointed to it NOT being a special and taking an actual episode slot. If it became a special then I would not hold it against the series.

Bakrakon said:

Confirmations only happen if they have something concrete, this will likely be revealed in the upcoming weeks. My guess is that the "extra" episode will be released on the web rather than on TV. Patience is a virtue.

I am hoping for an extra episode too. However, I have found the pacing of the last 2 episodes to be more rushed than the episodes before the recap, so I am worried that they are trying to finish up in the next 2 episodes. It’s all speculation, but like I said previously, the lack of information is worrysome since TPN 2’s recap was quickly labled a special as was Skate the Infinity’s recap episode.
Mar 20, 2021 4:01 PM
Mar 2021
Blue_Maroon said:

It isn’t the week of delay that would impact it, but the episode itself being included as a part of the series (i.e. listed as an actual episode). I rated Monogatari Series: Second Season a 10 a while back and the site that I watched it on did not include the recap episodes, so I didn’t notice. If they were included, I likely wouldn’t have rated it a 10.

You pointed out in one of your previous posts that MAL states that Wonder Egg Priority has 12 episodes, yet you didn't question while watching Monogatari Series: Second Season and updating your MAL accordingly that you've only seen 23 episodes whereas MAL states 26 episodes?

So basically you've skipped the recaps of Monogatari, completely ignoring that you missed 3 episodes out of 26 but you're going to lower your rating on this show, because the only difference between Monogatari and WEP is that you've watched the first one when it was concluded and the latter while it's ongoing.

So going by your logic, the rating of Monogatari should be adjusted as well as you didn't receive 26 episodes of content.

Blue_Maroon said:

I would have preferred a complete week delay over a psuedo-canonical recap. I am in agreement that a downgrade in episode quality is the last thing I want, but if this recap episode stays a part of the episode count, then it’s impact on my rating would be somewhat comparable to a filler episode. Again, my criticism has always been pointed to it NOT being a special and taking an actual episode slot. If it became a special then I would not hold it against the series.

Well considering they've booked a programme slot on TV, the likelihood of them being forced to broadcast something is the reason why a recap episode was done instead.

.. once again going by your logic the rating of Monogatari should be adjusted as well.

Bakrakon said:

I am hoping for an extra episode too. However, I have found the pacing of the last 2 episodes to be more rushed than the episodes before the recap, so I am worried that they are trying to finish up in the next 2 episodes. It’s all speculation, but like I said previously, the lack of information is worrysome since TPN 2’s recap was quickly labled a special as was Skate the Infinity’s recap episode.

With all the unknown parts of the story. Momoe's story not being concluded yet and the high ratings, the likelihood of a second season is pretty high.
Mar 20, 2021 4:36 PM

Jun 2019

I don’t want to go through the effort of clipping your points, so I’m just going to respond to them in prose.

I binged Monogatari Series: Second Season and did not pay too much mind to the amount of episodes that was listed on MAL. I completed the 23 episodes and thought that it was the complete experience. I then marked the series as completed and rated it a 10 from the 23 episodes I saw. I was not aware of the recap episodes until you pointed them out to me earlier.

Yes, my rating on Monogatari Series: Second Season will likely be adjusted (I even said so in my previous reply). However, I cannot do that until I rewatch the series, including all of the previous material. Once I do so, I will be comfortable to rerate the anime, so I can judge how much those recap episodes impact the quality of the entire season.

I guess I have to repeat this again, but other anime aired recaps and made them specials, not actual entries in their series. I see a big difference between the two.

I think a second season (or a movie) would be ideal given the bomb they dropped on episode 10. Original anime don’t get second seasons too often so that would be a welcome surprise.
Mar 20, 2021 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
This episode said to me " Yeah, we did such a terrible job of translating what was going on for 7 episodes so now we'll spell it out for you" If I were to recommend this anime to someone I'd simply tell them to start on 8. This recap ruined the immersion for me.
Mar 30, 2021 6:07 PM
Mar 2021
Blue_Maroon said:

I don’t want to go through the effort of clipping your points, so I’m just going to respond to them in prose.

I binged Monogatari Series: Second Season and did not pay too much mind to the amount of episodes that was listed on MAL. I completed the 23 episodes and thought that it was the complete experience. I then marked the series as completed and rated it a 10 from the 23 episodes I saw. I was not aware of the recap episodes until you pointed them out to me earlier.

Yes, my rating on Monogatari Series: Second Season will likely be adjusted (I even said so in my previous reply). However, I cannot do that until I rewatch the series, including all of the previous material. Once I do so, I will be comfortable to rerate the anime, so I can judge how much those recap episodes impact the quality of the entire season.

I guess I have to repeat this again, but other anime aired recaps and made them specials, not actual entries in their series. I see a big difference between the two.

I think a second season (or a movie) would be ideal given the bomb they dropped on episode 10. Original anime don’t get second seasons too often so that would be a welcome surprise.

Well here's your special episode to conclude the series with;
https://myanimelist.net/anime/48614/Wonder_Egg_Priority_Special
Mar 30, 2021 6:33 PM

Jun 2019
Bakrakon said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Well here's your special episode to conclude the series with;
https://myanimelist.net/anime/48614/Wonder_Egg_Priority_Special

Yeah I saw. Unfortunately, THAT is the special while the recap is included in the 12 episodes.
Apr 4, 2021 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
A 12 episode series with a recap ep. How lazy, just make it 11 episodes if they can tell the story they want in that amount of time no need to pad out the episode count. Or don't have a "special" that is coming out in a few months and air it all at once.
Apr 5, 2021 6:58 AM

Jan 2020
Holy shit mang. After the last episode I was starting to think this series might not be so bad and then they turn around and throw a recap in there... I think I hate this show...

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 7, 2021 7:10 AM
May 2020
recap episode SMH
Apr 10, 2021 7:16 AM
Apr 2021
Schedule problems are everywhere in anime production, most of the studios will give a bad episode in that case or give the episode to a sub studio, they chose something else.
Wonder Egg Priority have a quality level almost never seen in a TV anime, and then people complain for nothing.

I don't understand why people cry about "no episode this week" or things like that. People on this topic doesn't have anything else to do in their life to be so disappointed by a poor recap from an anime ?

They probably are trying their best, maybe aren't sleeping at night for work, and then people witch aren't even japanese (so who don't watch anime on the TV aka the audience for witch the anime was created) are like "noooo one more week I hate this show".
Wtf seriously, I can call a psychologist, this forum need it.

Blue_Maroon said:
be_nice_uwu_ said:

I don't think japanase studios care about what is a "special" or not on myanimelist and how is it cut. (Netflix even cut HxH or FMA:B in season)
Who care about where is the special episode, the important thing is the anime itself.
You're so focus on details which we don't even know how it will finished (for exemple when the series will be re-airing or on bluray)

Apr 10, 2021 9:52 AM

Jun 2019
Mareetaa said:
Schedule problems are everywhere in anime production, most of the studios will give a bad episode in that case or give the episode to a sub studio, they chose something else.
Wonder Egg Priority have a quality level almost never seen in a TV anime, and then people complain for nothing.

I don't understand why people cry about "no episode this week" or things like that. People on this topic doesn't have anything else to do in their life to be so disappointed by a poor recap from an anime ?

They probably are trying their best, maybe aren't sleeping at night for work, and then people witch aren't even japanese (so who don't watch anime on the TV aka the audience for witch the anime was created) are like "noooo one more week I hate this show".
Wtf seriously, I can call a psychologist, this forum need it.

Blue_Maroon said:

I don't think japanase studios care about what is a "special" or not on myanimelist and how is it cut. (Netflix even cut HxH or FMA:B in season)
Who care about where is the special episode, the important thing is the anime itself.
You're so focus on details which we don't even know how it will finished (for exemple when the series will be re-airing or on bluray)

In most current anime, recaps are planned and are explicitly labeled to not count toward the planned episode count. This was not the case with Wonder Egg Priority, as they were so poorly managed that the recap accounted for one of the planned 12 episodes. This resulted in the actual 12th episode becoming a special that will be released in June.

I do not care if Japanese studios do not care what is labeled a special or not. At the end of the day, I am reviewing the anime on a site that includes the recap in the final product. It is only fair that I take that into consideration because it is the result of the anime’s poor management of time and resources.
Apr 25, 2021 8:27 AM

May 2018
What a recap haha.
Apr 25, 2021 8:28 AM

May 2018
I want a leotard rawr.
Apr 26, 2021 10:05 AM
Oct 2019
For a recap Episode, I'm actually not complaining...
It made me understand more...
Because sometimes it's kinda confusing, and also refresh my memory.

I like the Commentary by Acca and Ura-Acca adding some explanation to clear things up for me at least...

Lmao look at the amount of people overreacting to a recap Episode...
Y'all ridiculous.
davidyodo24Apr 26, 2021 8:43 PM
Apr 29, 2021 4:43 PM

Mar 2018
Surprised to see a recap episode considering how this show has spoon fed it's story, thoughts, and points across. Makes it even worse that it's considered a full ep among the 12.

I'm caught between dropping this show or continuing seeing how far I made it but my patience has run thin and my faith in the show recovering it's quality is pretty much gone as it has only gone lower in enjoyment and connection for me.

I really wanted to enjoy this show, it felt like it could be another great psychological anime, but many of it's thoughts and topics come off as surface level at best with it's pace on Wonder Egg's not helping cement any emotions onto the viewer either. Great visuals and sound will get you nowhere if the writing can't back it up.
Apr 29, 2021 5:35 PM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
Totally agree with the last post. My immediately thought when this episode started was “why do we even need a recap for this?”.

We’ve only seen 6 episodes so far and it’s not like any of the metaphors or messages this show is trying to make are hard to figure out by any means. It’s been extremely upfront with what it’s trying to say, so this episode seems very much unnecessary 🤷🏼‍♀️
_MemApr 29, 2021 6:37 PM
May 18, 2021 2:42 PM
Apr 2020
That was actually a pretty good recap episode and I'm glad they put it in lol...
I always forget everything after I watch it.

But anyways, Sawaki gives me major creeps.
May 28, 2021 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
Man, I know how much weebs bitch about recap episodes, but... I got distracted with other things and fell off watching this weekly around episode 6; with the 3 month lapse since I last picked this up, this was some remarkable first aid. These recaps are for people like me. Usually I don't like 'em, but I'm glad for this one.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 17, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
Wonder Rec(ap)egg priority! For a few minutes I was confused with all the repeated scenes and the sudden narration about the eggs and the four girls until I realised its a recap. Feels pointless (even if its done out of production issues) since only 7 episodes went by with only some character development of our four heroes but nothing too major (like a big reveal) happening.

Sep 10, 2021 1:18 PM
Apr 2021
Only 12 episodes! I need moreeeee!
Sep 11, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2018
Recap episode.. Well, still not everything is revealed, really.. Even if Accas at the same time say the did reveal everything, and also hint that they haven't..
Oct 9, 2021 5:00 PM

Jul 2021
First episode of this anime I've actually disliked, and of course it's the recap episode. Just found it really boring, and didn't really learn anything new from it. Ended up watching it in 1.25x speed lmao
Oct 10, 2021 7:10 PM

Apr 2019
Unnecessary recap and extremely expository. 22 minutes of torture watching this garbage, the worst is that there are still 5 episodes left until I finish this shitty ani
Oct 22, 2021 3:53 PM

Aug 2017
Episode 8 is just a recap from Acca and Ura-Acca's POV. The anime isn't hard to understand lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 28, 2021 8:21 PM

Oct 2013
In general I'm not a fan of recap episodes, and I dislike 99% of those recaps that take place after just several episodes of an anime. Luckily, I consider this recap to be 1% of good ones. Why? Well, it's my fully subjective opinion. I had a break from Wonder Egg Priority and I have returned to watching it recently. I forgot some details about the plot, so getting reminded about them in a recap was really helpful to refresh my memory.
Dec 24, 2021 12:52 AM
Sep 2021
Is episode 8 worth watching
Jan 29, 2022 10:26 PM
Jan 2016
Amazing anime through the first 7 episodes, best of 2021 for me thus far... And episode 8 is a recap. Yikes! Now I'm nervous...
Jun 8, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2013
A good recap, this made me understand a bit more of what's happening in the story.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

411 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

364 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

170 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.