Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 22, 2018 10:43 AM

May 2015
Unowen said:
Sakuta's expression when his sister recovers her memory is arguably the funniest thing of the show so far. Oh no, she's no longer completely dependent and making dick jokes?

Have you payed attention at all? Because it doesn't look like it.

Dec 22, 2018 11:48 AM
May 2018
I saw this anime is 13 episodes, how can this be? There is so much yet to be explored and explained!!

Someone please tell me there are more than 13 episodes
Dec 22, 2018 4:09 PM

Jun 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Unowen said:
Sakuta's expression when his sister recovers her memory is arguably the funniest thing of the show so far. Oh no, she's no longer completely dependent and making dick jokes?

She recovered her normal self at the expense of forgetting her life as a hiki. Big deal for onii-chan I'm sure.

Unfortunately I did pay attention. The whole drama around the fact that they're like "2 different people" and Sakuta even predicting this was going to happen was both cheesy and spoon-fed. If he knew it was going to happen, then he could have shown some mixed feelings, resignation in part. No, he has that shock expression written in his face. Which was honestly funny.

Also, old Kaede in a nutshell:
UnowenDec 22, 2018 4:15 PM
Dec 22, 2018 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
Those who did not meet a person who was bullied at school and after that isolated himself/herself from the world simply won't know how much of a progress Kaede did in the latest episodes. I guess her joy at the ZOO was way more huge than we could see from her face's expression. Too bad that Puberty Syndrome stroke her mind and original Kaede returned, leaving behind memories from who she was before. I hope everything's gonna return to normal and memories of "old" and "new" Kaede will merge somehow.

The biggest minus of this episode goes to Sakuta's recall of how Puberty Syndrome started. It was executed badly, to be honest. I mean, everything could be fine, but it could be directed better. There were some moments I couldn't tell whether we see images from the past or from the current timeline. ;p

Apart from that, the whole episode was great. It's sooo sad that the next one will be the last one for this anime. :(
Dec 22, 2018 5:03 PM

May 2015
Unowen said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

She recovered her normal self at the expense of forgetting her life as a hiki. Big deal for onii-chan I'm sure.

Unfortunately I did pay attention. The whole drama around the fact that they're like "2 different people" and Sakuta even predicting this was going to happen was both cheesy and spoon-fed. If he knew it was going to happen, then he could have shown some mixed feelings, resignation in part. No, he has that shock expression written in his face. Which was honestly funny.

Also, old Kaede in a nutshell:

It's a big deal for him because she loses all of her memories she had from her current self. It's obviously not as bad as when she lost her memories the first time, but amnesia is still amnesia. It's not a pleasant thing to have to deal with for either party. He obviously doesn't want to have to go through that again, and I don't see how his reaction was unwarrented.

It being "cheesy and spoon-fed" is something I disagree with completely, but it's subjective and you don't exactly explain what you mean anyway, so whatever. But, at no point was it shown or stated that her regaining her past memories was a guaranteed thing. It was only a possibility. So no, he didn't know it was going to happen. He was just afraid that it could. Which is understandable.

Btw, when did she ever make a dick joke? I don't remember that happening.

Dec 22, 2018 7:02 PM
Time Traveler

Jun 2016
OMG! I've been to this zoo! It's the Ueno Zoo in Tokyo!
It brings back so many memories!
When I was there this summer, the baby panda was just born!
Hey you!
Yes you!
Have a nice day!
And best wishes for your life's journey!

Dec 22, 2018 7:10 PM

Jun 2017
So... who wins the "best imouto" - award? Old Kaede or New Kaede? (Old one being her former self)

I hate the fact that only one episode is left!
AOTS so far and i don't think an actual "bad" episode next week could change that for me
Dec 22, 2018 10:26 PM
Oct 2017
Ahh, I really liked the episode. I'm glad Kaede got to see some giant pandas, but I'm kind of surprised that she's back to her normal self.. and Sakuta seemed surprised as well.

Maybe Kaede's 'To Do' list was for the purpose of doing what she wanted, then she would be satisfied enough with what she'd done to become to original Kaede? Or something like that, but I don't really know.. I wonder how they'll play it out in the last episode.. and then I'm really looking forward to the movie and Shoko's arc..
Dec 22, 2018 11:51 PM

Nov 2014
Hmm... all I can say is that they could have made it a little more suspenseful. I'm not sure that people regaining old memories necessarily means they lose the new memories that they made in the meantime, at least that's definitely not the case when most shows include an amnesiac that regains their memory. Not quite sure why Bunny-senpai feels the need to have the doctor say out loud that Kaede might have some memory changes because she passed out, then have Sakuta outright mention Kaede might lose her newer memories. It feels less like both of them came to the most logical conclusion based on what they know and more like they just read the script in advance.

In any case, I'm curious what old Kaede was like. She really seemed like a completely different person, kudos to the voice acting of Kubo Yurika.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 23, 2018 7:50 AM

May 2016
I already miss the Kaede we knew :(

Last episode in 4 days I'm gonna miss this show.
Dec 23, 2018 4:23 PM

Aug 2015
akiba-kei said:

That's anime nowadays, and it seems to work out since many people likes the show.

Well, people like their anime simple, I guess. I found this episode quite boring.
Dec 23, 2018 6:47 PM
Dec 2017
vhagar8 said:
Mmmm after this ep I'm kinda confused:
If Kaede lost all of her memories about her past she doesn't even remember about being bullied, right? So why is she so scared? I understand they may have explained her the situation, but being told smth isn't the same as going through it yourself, so wasn't her fear of the outside a little bit of an exageration?
If someone could tell me if I'm missing smth I'd appreciate ;)
So,can anyone answer this question cuz it's been plaguing my mind too

And also,if Kaede regained her old memories again why did she appear so confident in the last scene?like I expected her to be timid like the Kaede we know from the first ep as a result of the bullying.Or maybe like someone pointed out here,she regained memories from before she was bullied and that's why she's so confident?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help out here
Dec 23, 2018 8:43 PM

May 2016
I love かえで so this is going to be difficult, dammit I knew that I had to wait until thursday.
People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English?

Dec 24, 2018 12:07 AM

Feb 2014
DedPanda said:
So in anime...parents suck? Pouring one out for Kaede and Sakuta.

The dad probably decided to make them live alone because Kaede can't handle dealing people who see her as the old Kaede. It would only make things worse for her if he lived with them (along with the mother who herself is now mentally ill), constantly reminding her of the fact that she isn't "Kaede-san".
Dec 24, 2018 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
I did'nt know that this was a 13 episode omg, I hold myself from watching this since episode 10 just to give me a cliff hanger..
Dec 24, 2018 6:04 PM

Feb 2016
They took the Kaede we grew to love and reverted her back. This anime plays with our feels every damn episode. She was gonna go to school for real!
Dec 25, 2018 3:32 AM

Sep 2016
Kaede straight up became a Gyaru lmao.
Dec 25, 2018 8:53 AM

Feb 2017
Evil kaede has awaken
i hope she is not a brat

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 25, 2018 10:37 AM

Oct 2008
oh no! Kaede is not Kaede anymore!
4/5.

Dec 25, 2018 1:28 PM

Oct 2016
lazy red panda got me spinning
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 25, 2018 1:57 PM

May 2015
RIP Kaede. Hello, Kaede.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 25, 2018 5:42 PM

Oct 2017
Episode was enjoyable and got me on the forgetting memories. I'm curious if we are still only getting half of Kaede though and not a whole Kaede as some of the stuff doesn't add up like people have said before (Why she was so scared of outside and phones despite apparently having no memories and why the awakened Kaede is so confident and not timid from her previous bullying). Probably need to fit all of her memories together to finally get past this?
Dec 26, 2018 6:43 AM
Oct 2018
Give kaede back!!!
Dec 26, 2018 9:00 AM

Dec 2016
Poor Sakuta :( he is having a hard time figuring out what just happened to Kaede and all the good memories from yesterday they both had. I am wondering how much changing she will have...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 26, 2018 3:26 PM

Jun 2015
kaede just legit became a gyaru overnight via memory loss
Dec 26, 2018 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
This whole #NotMyKaede is stupid. While it's indeed sad what happened to the other Kaede I'm glad the real Kaede got her body back because losing two years of your life to someone else must be a nightmare.
Dec 26, 2018 8:13 PM

Aug 2015
Noo, Kaede D: I mean I saw it coming but I'm still just as sad.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 26, 2018 8:16 PM
Aug 2018
How is the top review a 4 lmao wtf
Dec 26, 2018 9:06 PM
Aug 2017
One word.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 27, 2018 8:49 PM
Nov 2018
metalfacedkid said:
akiba-kei said:

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

oops sorry i meant this dude

Hegar said:

Bring back the magic! But without scientific explanations that have nothing to do with the real science, like that odd explanation about Schrodinger's Cat, which just butchered the concept. That is the weakest point of the series. But it's still good, of course. Great art, good characters.

LOL "this dude" doesn't "get what it's about"? And you are unable to explain it, so you go for the old Hide Behind Authority trick by referring to someone else's thread - without even linking to it, to make it harder to scrutinize your claim. Sad.

Since you are unable to explain what sort of Deep and Important Point I'm missing in the philosophical depths here, your criticism of my post is irrelevant. Try again.
Dec 28, 2018 5:34 AM
May 2015
It's like the DID syndrome. with multiple personalities
Dec 28, 2018 12:44 PM

Apr 2018
Hegar said:
metalfacedkid said:

oops sorry i meant this dude

LOL "this dude" doesn't "get what it's about"? And you are unable to explain it, so you go for the old Hide Behind Authority trick by referring to someone else's thread - without even linking to it, to make it harder to scrutinize your claim. Sad.

Since you are unable to explain what sort of Deep and Important Point I'm missing in the philosophical depths here, your criticism of my post is irrelevant. Try again.

ah okay i didnt say this to attack you tho

i dont care if you get it or not was just tryna help

Dec 30, 2018 10:20 PM

Jul 2016
How serious bullying must be to produce a dissociative disorder? Man, I really feel bad for both Sakuta and Kaede. So, that explains why she talks in third person, her dependence on her brother and stuff. Really sad for sure.

All in all, it was another very good episode, it gave some explanations about Kaede's situation. Not to mention that it also gave us a major focus on what happened right after Kaede's incident regarding Sakuta's injury, the incident in the hospital mentioned in the first episodes and the conection with Shoko. A very complete ep. I must say.

And as expected, old Kaede returned in the end and being honest, after hearing her voice, I'm already missing my old panda lover Kaede :/
But being serious, It's been 2 years and 6 months or so since Sakuta knows this new Kaede, so I understand his shock when, from one day to another, his little sister went back to her old self. That for sure is a huge amount of mental stress he has been carrying since all this happened.

Well, and with all that said, I'm really looking forward to the last episode!
SouthRzVaMay 25, 2020 9:02 PM
Jan 2, 2019 6:22 AM
Mar 2017
In other words, the adorable Kaede we met in these 12 episodes, was not the real one? and now it's gone forever ... Damn you can´t believe how sad I am, Kaede became one of my favorite characters within all the Imouto characters I've seen in animes.
Kaede suffered from dissociative disorder due to the bullying she suffered, in addition to the puberty syndrome. Now I see how much Sakuta and his parents suffered, especially his mother, having to see how her little daughter / sister has suffered and now they had to live with someone they no longer knows should be traumatizing.
Then we see the period in which Sakuta suffers from puberty syndrome and gets that huge scar and his encounter with Shoko, who was the only one who listened to him and believed everything that Sakuta told her and was Shoko who made Sakuta be who is now
Kaede continues to give her best effort to be independent and now she wants to know more about Kotomi even though she is afraid of the people who knew the original Kaede, it made me very sad when she started to cry when she saw the word "friends", but from the Grief pass to worry when she fainted.
It is good to see that it was not serious what happened to Kaede, but apparently Kaede may recover her memory, but there is a possibility that she may lose all her memories of those last two years in which she lived with Sakuta.
Kaede begins with her biggest challenge, which is to go to school, I found it moving to see all the support that Kaede has, her family, the school counselor, Mai and Nodoka and finally Sakuta. Kaede begins to show symptoms that her memory will return, but even so she does not achieve her goal of going to school and Sakuta decides to take her to the zoo so that she gets disconnected from so much stress, you can not believe how happy i was to see Kaede happy and smiling , after seeing her so sad on her way to school. At last she could see her beloved pandas and know the zoo that she longed to know.
Sakuta finally manages to get Kaede to meet her goal of going to school. What happened the next day was the most painful part, Kaede recovers her memories, but the adorable Kaede with whom he shared these two years was gone forever and that left Sakuta shocked.
It was impressive to see the change of Kaede, her voice and way of speaking sound so different, goodbye adorable Kaede.
Jan 3, 2019 12:42 AM

May 2013
Is it bad I prefer the amnesia Kaede? Lolol ^^" she was adorbs :(
Jan 3, 2019 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
I have a very good friend who has suffered from dissociation disorder for years... this episode did well at conveying the symptoms and feeling out what it's like for a person to completely change, but in my friend's case, dissociation is in greater degrees of flux... she comes and goes, sometimes for hours, sometimes for weeks. And when she dissociates, it's not really like this multiple personality sort of thing... more like she becomes a robot, totally detached from her life. She's pretty lifeless.

I don't know DID to manifest as this sort of amnesia like thing where you just become a completely new person, like juggling two souls inside of you, but maybe the way it manifests depends on the individual? I don't know.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 4, 2019 10:50 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh, shoot, she remembers now, and also likely has forgotten all about what happened after that incident. This is going to be devastating.
I'm so glad they gave us a flashback of what really happened to Sakuta and Kaede, I was worried they would never go that far as we were already at the one episode to go mark. And now that they did, it really, really explains a lot about Kaede's situation, like she wasn't always home as though she was being helped captive from some abusive family or just because.
I don't know how they are going to go from this point on, are they going to couple with Kaede being her old self or are they going to restore the character she's just lost? Also, what about Skuta's first crush? So many questions that I'm too afraid that the next episode isn't going to fit them all.
Jan 4, 2019 10:59 AM

Oct 2017
It may not be the best place to write it but why isn't this series genre a "slice of life"... I think it's more sol than "comedy". I was tryin to find some good slice of life anime today and I tried to search on site and was surprised that Bunny ain't there!
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jan 11, 2019 4:53 PM

May 2012
Yea this is the stuff! Really great episode filled with emotions! I really am going to love the last episode for sure, really looking forwards to see how they'll end it! But as expected that change in the end would happen, this sure is going to be really something next!
Jan 23, 2019 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
Shikaco did her best!

junmisugi said:
It may not be the best place to write it but why isn't this series genre a "slice of life"... I think it's more sol than "comedy". I was tryin to find some good slice of life anime today and I tried to search on site and was surprised that Bunny ain't there!

Not a comedy but It's really not a SOL neither. It's an episodic supenatural drama show.
Jan 23, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2017
But isn't slice of life the thing and got "elements of friendship, romance, family drama, tears"? with conflict, some unreasonable decisions ect?
Jan 23, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
junmisugi said:
But isn't slice of life the thing and got "elements of friendship, romance, family drama, tears"? with conflict, some unreasonable decisions ect?

SOL should focus on everyday life, as in actual mundane life(that makes sense in the premise of course)

Following your definition almost every show set in a realistic setting could be called a SOL. Too much conflict/plot in Bunny Girl. Not a SOL.
Jan 23, 2019 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
Oh I thought that it's totally opposite of what you just said. It was always for me that "slice of life" is same for anime that "drama" is for tv series.
Jan 24, 2019 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
Man, losing her memories was so sad... About the ending, I'm not sure how to feel. It's such a change, but there's simply no good answer here on which side of her is more important. I hope she will regain both by the end of the season, becoming more mature but also the same loveable sister. That would probably be the best outcome.
One thing I'm not sure about is why exactly did the scars appear on Sakuta. Was he the one closest to Kaede? Or could it be something else?
RazielZeroJan 24, 2019 3:26 PM
Feb 10, 2019 5:56 AM

Mar 2016
All the events such as Kaede's memory loss & rashes, Sakuta's huge scar and initially infamous popularity, Sakuta's meeting and relationship with Shouko, the reason to why Sakuta is so kind, the mother's mental illness, the Azusagawa family separation and even Sakuta being able to meet and believe in Mai's adolescent syndrome all are caused by Kaede being bullied. This is really a turning point in the lives of many people! And especially for Kaede herself and Sakuta.

Glad that at least Sakuta has told about his past to Mai and Nodoka besides the people that had already known.

Now that's really scary... Having lost the original Kaede's memory is already bad, but losing the current Kaede's memory is just even more painful. It makes sense why Kaede wanted to fulfil her goals ASAP. And about that... The siblings visiting the zoo nonchalantly is a great part of the ep, followed by them visiting the school at night. It's all great and all, and even Kaede is looking forward to visiting the school in the daytime. Well until... CURRENT KAEDE'S MEMORY IS GONE, REPLACED WITH THE ORIGINAL KAEDE'S MEMORY

That sent shivers down my spine... Kaede's adolescent syndrome problem has been solved by completing her goals and especially visiting her school, but that means, she revert back to her original personality, erasing the current Kaede's personality! (T_T)
ShadowkillZFeb 10, 2019 6:06 AM
Feb 11, 2019 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
But why two personalities? Why can't just Kaede remember everything and at the same time retain her recent memories kinda like amnesia? Gotta give it to this show for making things complicated.
Feb 18, 2019 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
Seems like we've got a twist in this arc too (although predictable). And we all know that the most desirable outcome is for her personalities to join together. I only wonder how they want to do it. But she had her diary, zoo card and new friends, somehow they manage I guess.

Also, calling it now but he's the last one who has yet to fix himself. He thinks he got over that in the past already thanks to Shoko but the twist - she's his own quantum construct all along (and young one too). The weight of having to live without parents and take care of his sister is great burden and I bet his father knows something about him he doesn't.

Basically, he's in big denial too, the story we got this time was only his version and I wouldn't be surprised if those wounds on his chest were really his own doing.
May 8, 2019 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
Wow... that was just... wow.

This episode really focused on Kaede and I'm all the more happy for it. Glad to see more backstory on what actually happened. I dislike their parents less now, since it seems their mother get ill too and their father had to take care of her. At least Kaede had Sakuta. Shoko really came at the right time, I'd say that wasn't a coincidence. Without her, Sakuta might've given up and things might've got worse and most importantly we wouldn't have this series. Despite the awkwardness and distance, it seems their father really cares about them.

I love Kaede's character. She portrays trauma, the aftereffects of bullying, hikikomori really well. Sakuta really has a knack for helping people with what they really need. Kaede felt alien, feeling she's not this old Kaede but everyone expecting her to be. Only Sakuta understood that this Kaede is not the same as the old Kaede and you can't force her to be. Sakuta is a really sweet brother and I really love their relationship. It seems like he'd do anything to help her, ANYTHING.

Kaede's determination though. She kept on moving forward, determined. It was slow, and sometimes it didn't go really well, but she kept moving forward. Even if that resulted in a lot of her scars coming back. Sakuta was real sneaky with how he got Kaede to school, but that was an awesome plan. Going to the zoo first, and then incidentally getting some pudding, and getting to school at night. It really lifted her spirits.

But then the ending... I mean if her memories came back I'm glad... but at the same time, I'm not. She lost all her memories in between? She doesn't remember everything Sakuta did for her? She doesn't remember what happened in between too? She doesn't know all the people that cared about her and knew her in between like Mai, Nodoka, Futaba, and Shoko-chan? I don't want it like this honestly, I want both of their memories to merge!

Really hoping the next episode is amazing and brings some happy closure to this arc. Can't believe it's only one episode left. I'm already sad.
Jun 21, 2019 7:45 AM

Mar 2015
Wow so the real Kaede makes a comeback!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 26, 2019 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Oh shit, so the old Kaede is a basic bitch? Damn
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Why is no one talking about the dub being announced… No hype?

SorryNT - Aug 28

35 by Mystogan14579 »»
Sep 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

230 by Pepista »»
Sep 17, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

531 by ItsRizzmi »»
Sep 13, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

194 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 9, 7:41 PM

» Why this anime didn't get an English dub version?

RaiYou - Jun 7, 2023

41 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Aug 9, 1:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.