Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2018 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Looks like Kaede suffers from a case of dissociative disorder according to the doctor.

"The person right here is Kaede". Well, if there's anything, Sakuta really knows how to comfort someone when they need it the most. Looks like Kaede really wants to go to school despite being difficult for her.

At least she got to see a giant panda.

Weird cliffhanger...another case of identity problem? Quite an emotional episode though imo.
ArdanazJan 9, 2019 12:51 AM
Dec 19, 2018 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah I think this is one of my favorite episodes. I think what happened was Kaede got her original memories back, can't wait to see how they handle this in the next episode.
Dec 19, 2018 11:18 AM

Aug 2018
Yet another great episode. I loved the shot of the single orange maple tree, a play on Kaede's name.

Great job by the VA conveying Kaede's reversion in the last scene through her tone of voice and expressions.

Really is the fastest 25 minutes of the week... Sigh.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 19, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2018
Zoo part was great

So Kaede's memories are back but looks like she lost the memories of Kaede we know from until now

I want both of her memories to be there and Kaede's voice from before T_T
Dec 19, 2018 11:33 AM
Jan 2018
Yoooo this is a HUGE change of personality. Gonna miss cute Kaede :(
Dec 19, 2018 11:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well in expanding upon Kaede's character and the effects that the trauma had on both Sakuta and family. Shoko though sure proved to be a blessing for Sakuta at that time as she not only listened but provided heartfelt advice to him as well. The letter from her friend caused a shock to her hidden memories huh. Kaede's love of pudding sure was amusing. But her desire to go to school despite the trauma that she got it was surprising. The walking to school scene was pretty well done and did well to show Kaede's determination. It was sad seeing the marks reappear though despite her courage. Going to the zoo though was a great idea and it was nice seeing Kaede's spirits return. Sakuta though sure was sneaky but he at least he managed to get Kaede to school. But man that ending though what a shocking development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2018 11:45 AM

Nov 2016
Enjoyed this episode quite a bit, especially since the normal Kaede seems to be back. Already like this one a lot more, but guess that imouto fans will be disappointed :(

http://imgur.com/gallery/uAAREiS

Shame on those who think evil of it.

Also about the scene where she said it's ok if it was you Onii-chan.
FMmatronDec 19, 2018 12:26 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 19, 2018 11:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Did the Kaede we know just completely vanish?

All the explanations given for her behaviour and how it comes together through her disorder.

Getting goosebumps minutes after the episode thinking about that.
Dec 19, 2018 11:49 AM

May 2018

Ya know when we 1st saw Kaede in her school uniform she was wearing this.

And now we see her wearing this .

So does that means that she'll be transferring to another school???
Dec 19, 2018 11:50 AM
Sep 2014
Nice episode, but judging by Sakuta's reaction, I don't think that's the original Kaede. I think maybe this is a new version of her? Idk, but Sakuta was too shocked. He knew she might be regaining her memories, so I don't see why he would react like that if that was the original Kaede.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm not ready for the end of the season and the wait till the movie is out tho =0=
Dec 19, 2018 11:52 AM
Dec 2018
So they are really going to finish 5 stories in only one season...... Disappointed and sad ;(
After the first three stories, many details and scenes are cut out, especially in Kaede's story.
Dec 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Schools in Japan usually have a lighter coloured and less heavy Summer uniform and a darker coloured heavier Winter uniform.

Jul 2014
That was messed up! I knew her memories would return the moment she kept saying she's got confidence that she can go to school over and over but man... that drastic change in tone and personality tho...I don't want this Kaede!
#NotMyKaede
#BringBackPandaKaede

This is now my #1 arc! they really saved the best for last (well... not actually last since Shoko's arc will be in the movie)
I really felt bad for Panda Kaede throughout the ep, she really wanted to do stuffs cause she knew she didnt have enough time left... and I love how Sakuta handled everything, from taking care of her and bringing her to the zoo and then tricking her into school, this man deserves an award!
That was the fastest 24mints I've ever experienced in this show, gonna be a sad day when this ends, I already miss it, hoping this all ends well with Panda Kaede and JK Kaede fusing like how Futaba was.

MayInu said:
Nice episode, but judging by Sakuta's reaction, I don't think that's the original Kaede. I think maybe this is a new version of her? Idk, but Sakuta was too shocked. He knew she might be regaining her memories, so I don't see why he would react like that if that was the original Kaede.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm not ready for the end of the season and the wait till the movie is out tho =0=

No, that was the original Kaede, she could instantly tell Sakuta's her brother, Sakuta was shocked because the prev Kaede AKA the cute panda loving one just disappeared.
Dec 19, 2018 11:53 AM
Dec 2018
crisike said:
So they are really going to finish 5 stories in only one season...... Disappointed and sad ;(
Better to have it done in nice tight arcs than meander around for 14 episodes of Namek Blowing Up.
Dec 19, 2018 11:55 AM

Apr 2010
crisike said:
Would you rather have that the rush the anime and destroy the story completely making it a disappointing anime?

Anyway Kaede returning back her personality towards the end didn't come as a surprise but now she will have to face a surprise tho.
Things will be hard on her for sure.
Dec 19, 2018 11:58 AM
May 2017
This series honestly surprised me! Every episode is so well done!
Dec 19, 2018 12:00 PM
Dec 2018
MayInu said:

He was shocked because he knew (or guessed) that if the old Kaede came back, the Kaede that he has lived with (and the rest of the main cast knows) would disappear. He was shocked because he instantly recognized "Kaede" 's tone and speech was way different from Kaede. This "Kaede" is the old one but obviously way different than the Kaede we've known since episode 1. Maybe this is the "Kaede" before she was even bullied online (since she doesn't seem to be afraid or traumatized or anything. She's acting normal for a girl who shut down her memories to cope with the bulling).
Dec 19, 2018 12:01 PM
Dec 2018
Aversa said:
crisike said:
Would you rather have that the rush the anime and destroy the story completely making it a disappointing anime?

Anyway Kaede returning back her personality towards the end didn't come as a surprise but now she will have to face a surprise tho.
Things will be hard on her for sure.

I mean this anime is already too rush and cut out so many details and scenes from the novel. Kaede would has a harder life, but also more hope.
Dec 19, 2018 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
OMG Kaede just lost her memories again :(

Why?? Just when she was about to go to school.. Why she has to suffer so much ? :(

Dec 19, 2018 12:05 PM
Sep 2018
This is so drastic man she even made it to school.Now I'm getting a vague view how she end getting hated in school, SHES WAS A DORK YANKEE.
Let's see how Mai and others react in the rest episodes. IMOUTOS DON'T DIE, THEY JUST REGROUP IN HEAVEN
Dec 19, 2018 12:09 PM

May 2018
BaconCatBug said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Schools in Japan usually have a lighter coloured and less heavy Summer uniform and a darker coloured heavier Winter uniform.

Yeah, but she was wearing sailor uniform in summer they wore short sleeves, in the winter they wore longer sleeves, in her new uniform it was short sleeves in the summer without the blazer, and longer sleeves in the winter with the blazer.
Dec 19, 2018 12:16 PM

Sep 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

i mean in her old school she was bullied so they left i'm pretty sure
Dec 19, 2018 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
that ending fucking hurt my heart man
Dec 19, 2018 12:26 PM

Nov 2017
Just don't tell me that she's gonna transform into some dumbass bitch tsundere mode now. That's gonna be a real thrill-killer and more important it's the final episode next week. Hoping for a strong final although the show was kind a average according to me.
Dec 19, 2018 12:32 PM
Nov 2015
It is probably better for her to exchange her new memories for the old ones (that are much broader). So I'd say it was an evolution. But I didn't like the first impression of her old personality. And it's not as if both Kaedes wouldn't merge by next episode or anything...
Dec 19, 2018 12:39 PM

Jul 2017
This was another lackluster episode in my opinion. I'm just not enjoying this Kaede arc. Same thing with the Nodoka arc tbh.
Dec 19, 2018 12:46 PM
Mar 2015
Wonderful Show We have come full circle with Kaede. Is she willing to face what she could not face before
Dec 19, 2018 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
inb4 we get incoming animal rights freaks trying to bitch around the zoo in this episode xD
Dec 19, 2018 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
I really like the Kaede arc so far, it portrays anxiety and acrophobia in a sensitive way. Even though there is less Mai in this episode it was still great.
Dec 19, 2018 1:27 PM

Jun 2017
Damn, gonna miss memory loss Kaede, she was just way too cute. I hope that personality will somehow merge with the pre memory loss one. (This is basically what's going on with Sakura from Zombieland Saga as well, hyped for the ending of that!)

Hyped for the ending of this arc too :D.
Dec 19, 2018 1:37 PM

Oct 2018
Goddamit Plot ,why are you so predictable but at the reveal you still shocked me

yea i predict kaede memory are coming back after her problem of "not be able to go to school" is solved ,just like koga's crush on Sakuta ,nodoka jealousy at mai ,and mai contradicted feeling of going back to being an actress
oh yeah and futaba's "something something 'i want to see firework' "(the explanation got too complicated for my head in futaba's arc)

man the "old" kaede feels mature and have some sakuta's trait in there like his smugness(tbh i can see the sibling getting along really well before she lost her memory)

still curious for the reason kaede get bullied ,why do i feel the person that bullied kaede (which get mention in the last episode)will come for revenge or salvation in the next episode ,maybe its that glasses girl in the last episode

really good series this episode kinda confirmed the 9/10 it getting from me ,because we can relate to sakuta a lot ,we can feel his shock confused or dillema(top tier character writing) like when kaede regain her memory ,i see it coming from a mile away but it still hit me really hard
Dec 19, 2018 2:01 PM
Oct 2018
What an episode holy sht.

I honestly saw the old Kaede coming back since the first time they mentioned it but it still hit hard. Also, her story is way sadder than I thought (specially what happened to their Mom) Sakuta is such a strong guy for dealing with all this after this much happened. Honestly seeing Sakuta cry is so sad for me to watch idk why it hurts :(

I really don't know how this is going to get resolved but I'm so pumped for next week, it seems the Shouko arc is left for the movie too
Dec 19, 2018 2:04 PM
Aug 2008
Real Kaede seems like bitch. No wonder girls from school hated her, lol. I hope she won't be as bitchy as she looked at the end of 12th episode. She probably won't like Mai etc. Ehh.
Dec 19, 2018 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
So that's how Sakuta got that scar.. that's kinda scary if you ask me.

This episode was really adorable but also emotional at the same time. The Zoo part was great, to see Kaede is such joy walking through the Zoo and seeing the panda's..

So Kaede has recovered her lost memories but also lost the ones she made and the change is huge. The change of tone and her voice is very well done by the VA. I wonder what will happen next now that Kaede's memories are back.
Dec 19, 2018 2:14 PM
Nov 2018
CeddyyBearr said:
So that's how Sakuta got that scar.. that's kinda scary if you ask me.

Geass488Dec 19, 2018 2:28 PM
Dec 19, 2018 2:14 PM

Apr 2007
Well fuck. It was all a lie.
Dec 19, 2018 2:18 PM

Aug 2018
Geass488 said:

^ Spoiler tags please! ^

Regarding Shoko, the show is setting up a nice contrast for Sakuta: Go for the girl who gave his life direction and purpose, or choose the one he's more compatible with. I think we all know who he will choose in the end, but these little glimpses of how Shoko affected his life make her seem more realistic as a potential rival.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 19, 2018 2:30 PM
Jan 2015
mimimikachuu said:
just when panda kaede was growing on me they sweep her away. though im really interested in this new (or should i say old) kaede. sakuta being so shocked is really overdramatic imo but as the eldest sibling of my family, i can also understand what he's feeling. great episode, as always.
I wouldn't say its over dramatic. He loves both versions of his sister. When this first happened to Kaede, he more or less lost his old sister(which was obviously very hard on him as shown in this episode) and after moving on and developing a close bond with the new Kaede, it happens again, so its like losing a sister all over again.
My Queens

Dec 19, 2018 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
-Stray said:
No, that was the original Kaede, she could instantly tell Sakuta's her brother, Sakuta was shocked because the prev Kaede AKA the cute panda loving one just disappeared.

Which is incredibly harsh on Sakuta more than anyone. Even if he'll have gotten back his sister, he'll also forever feel like he lost one.

Spannerhead said:
Regarding Shoko, the show is setting up a nice contrast for Sakuta: Go for the girl who gave his life direction and purpose, or choose the one he's more compatible with. I think we all know who he will choose in the end, but these little glimpses of how Shoko affected his life make her seem more realistic as a potential rival.

I think that is a bit too simplistic. Sakuta then was not the same as Sakuta now, so saying Mai is more compatible with him sounds almost unfair. Heck, the whole thing is unfair, but that's life, and no need to make it any more so. Also, quite ironically, one could question whether Shoko would feel for Sakuta like she does, if Sakuta were still as he was back then.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 19, 2018 2:32 PM
Mar 2018
That was cool and all, but it seems like there is much more to say, and it's last episode next week. Are there any plans for season 2?
Dec 19, 2018 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
Might_Magic said:
That was cool and all, but it seems like there is much more to say, and it's last episode next week. Are there any plans for season 2?

Some people keep saying there is but I can only find confirmation of the movie.

Dec 19, 2018 2:40 PM

Oct 2010
Kawai Kaede disappearing is extremely sad. I really hope both personalities end up merging - it would be the best/most fair result. I'm sure original Kaede is a perfectly fine girl but I fell in love with Kawai Kaede.

As others have said, Kubo Yurika did a fantastic job this episode, especially in that final scene.
Dec 19, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was sad. I like that they explained a lot of things.

It seems that Kaede got her original memories back.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 19, 2018 2:56 PM
Nov 2018
This show is fucking amazing
Dec 19, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
So in anime...parents suck? Pouring one out for Kaede and Sakuta.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 19, 2018 3:56 PM
May 2018
im really excited for the resolve. well what would be better? the new kaede or the old kaeda?

so much refreshing quotes in this episode ^_^
Dec 19, 2018 4:04 PM
Oct 2017
Well, I have not been this emotionally scarred since Madoka Magica. I think this is possibly the best episode of the show, just after last week's episode. But holy shit, my feels hurt. I think my parents signed the permission slip for the wrong feels trip
This is for all the gravy!!!

Dec 19, 2018 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
That ending was extremely predictable. And I honestly don't think it's that bad for she have her memories back.

Yeah, most likely I will give a 7 for this show whn it ends. It could be an 8, but lately the show isn't as interesting as it was with the first 3-4 episodes
Dec 19, 2018 4:09 PM

Aug 2018
Laionidas said:

I think that is a bit too simplistic. Sakuta then was not the same as Sakuta now, so saying Mai is more compatible with him sounds almost unfair. Heck, the whole thing is unfair, but that's life, and no need to make it any more so. Also, quite ironically, one could question whether Shoko would feel for Sakuta like she does, if Sakuta were still as he was back then.

That's a good point, and one the show hasn't really explored (yet). We know Sakuta carried a torch for Shoko, but how does/did Shoko feel about him? What did she want with him? I have a feeling the movie will delve into that.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 19, 2018 4:11 PM

Apr 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

She might've changed schools, or she was wearing the summer uniform. I hope she really transferred to another school. Staying in the same school where she was bullied makes no logic.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.