Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 7, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2014
firemagnet said:
Izanaginookami said:
HOLY FUCKING GOD!!!! I can't even begin to express my feelings about this episode. Shit, words aren't enough, so pictures are the best I can do with.

If anyone has enough time to waste, like going to the bathroom to do the second, feel free to read my thoughts and reactions here. In that pathetic blog of mine (yes, I'm shamelessly promoting it), but I really just want to share my emotions about the episode, especially the last two minutes. You can just scroll down to see the last two minutes and skip all the episode commentary.

I think the amount of pictures I used is too much, but it's quite impossible to describe my feelings with words alone (I AM bad at communicating though...).

Yes, I read your blog. Your reaction at the end was pretty hilarious. Your reaction actually made me laugh out loud and undoubtedly made my night.

And you dear sir, made my night here. I'm so happy to hear that it was able to transmit something. Also loving how this discussion post is getting so analytical and almost in th realm of philosopy (rather, haven't we passed that already?), while I'm here, saying "screw that and screw this, I enjoy it? Then that's enough".

Now if you excuse me, but I have to battle one of my worst enemy: Law's test. Have a good day everyone, and remember that anime is entertainment, and thus should firstly enjoyed (though that's merely my lowly opinion, and in reality I even enjoy reading these disagreements).

May 7, 2017 2:04 PM
Jul 2014
Izanaginookami said:
firemagnet said:

Yes, I read your blog. Your reaction at the end was pretty hilarious. Your reaction actually made me laugh out loud and undoubtedly made my night.

And you dear sir, made my night here. I'm so happy to hear that it was able to transmit something. Also loving how this discussion post is getting so analytical and almost in th realm of philosopy (rather, haven't we passed that already?), while I'm here, saying "screw that and screw this, I enjoy it? Then that's enough".

Now if you excuse me, but I have to battle one of my worst enemy: Law's test. Have a good day everyone, and remember that anime is entertainment, and thus should firstly enjoyed (though that's merely my lowly opinion, and in reality I even enjoy reading these disagreements).

For those of you who haven't read it, his blog post is here:
https://animemangalnvn.wordpress.com/2017/05/07/regarding-recreators-episode-5-you-fuckerssssss/

I was also waiting for that moment, hoped it would have been included earlier, but my reactions was "this is excellent! we get to find out what all of this means next episode!"

as opposed to your reaction, which can be summed up as:

Now, to answer a few questions raised in your blog post:

He gets on the Defensive easily? Does it means that he’s weak to abusive people or something? I don’t really get what “Defensive” exactly mean, but I get the FEELING of it.

He's basically a passive-agressive bipolar. Usually meek but if he gets frustrated he explodes. Like Shinji Ikari, but without all the emotional attachments and other psychological issues.

Hm, does MUP have to play her violin with her sword everytime? Is it her ability? How does it work? Why the sword? Why so beautiful?

a) It's a Russian PPSh submachinegun from World War II. Her theme is that she's a "conductor" in the musical sense of aspects of the world. It ties into the title of the material she comes from, "Altair: World Etude," where "etude" is a French term for:

"a short musical composition, typically for one instrument, designed as an exercise to improve the technique or demonstrate the skill of the player."

b) we don't know.

c)She has very good visual design that ties into a). The way I see it is that she's an avatar of war in its ceremonial aspects; her uniform and weaponry are all ceremonial in nature, emblematic of gear given to old military marching bands or cavalry formations. This would also overlap with the power of her weaponry, her Holopsicon, which could well represent the power of war to create for the victor and take what is most precious from the defeated. It could be said that she plays the "song of war" when she uses her weapon as a violin, but I'm probably trying to read too much into this.

May 7, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as usual, don't believe the reaction of the military. Would never be like that
May 7, 2017 2:22 PM
Jul 2014
RediceRyan said:
Good episode as usual, don't believe the reaction of the military. Would never be like that

what do you think it would actually be like?
May 7, 2017 2:27 PM
Apr 2016
RediceRyan said:

"Obivously it would be shooting them on spot, when they look like people and surrender and have not harmed anyone yet and look like a bunch of weirdos that is probably not going to harm anyone intentionally". Since military = retards, y'know...
Either way the reaction "Not believing it" and believing it as I have presented is quite redneck-ish.
Re:formed
May 7, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
forcing myself to watch this show at this point
May 7, 2017 2:40 PM
Jul 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
RediceRyan said:

"Obivously it would be shooting them on spot, when they look like people and surrender and have not harmed anyone yet and look like a bunch of weirdos that is probably not going to harm anyone intentionally". Since military = retards, y'know...
Either way the reaction "Not believing it" and believing it as I have presented is quite redneck-ish.

Since I was in the military, I can tell you that there are strict rules of engagement. Military would have done largely as they did in the episode, especially if their mission was to capture rather than kill. Had the robot not been there, they would have simply come to the front door and said "sirs, madams, we need you to come with us."
May 7, 2017 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
firemagnet said:

Don't waste your time arguing with him. He is extremely biased and won't listen to reasons.

"A frog in a well", if you ask me.
May 7, 2017 3:36 PM
Jul 2015
Finally we move away from the poorly done info dump episodes. Glad I stuck with it.
Decent episode
May 7, 2017 5:11 PM
Oct 2010
RediceRyan said:

The mech came out and started destroying property, it would be exactly like that if you asked me. They weren't sure if Celestia's group was hostile or not and they already knew that the creations were battling each other so that seemed like the best way to go.
May 7, 2017 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
lTl__lTl said:
imagine those creation are the god in thier universe.. what gonna happen to the real world ???

I'm pretty sure they're already in the background of the show. If a low-tier reality warper like Gunpuku is able to cross then higher tiers like Featherine or Demonbane are more than capable.

I don't think the director accounted for plot-holes like this, though it would be amazing for there to be a character from Takashi Masada's work, it would break the immersion of the anime and end in a bloodbath though.
May 7, 2017 5:33 PM
Jan 2016
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
elior1 said:
the ending scence was about the girl who commited suicide at the first episode. souta remembered she created her

How do you guys remember scenes like that? Small scenes you saw WEEKS ago. Watching anime weekly is so hard.

Can't speak for others, but since this is the only other title I'm watching this season it's pretty easy to remember details like that; it's a detail that a lot of people also noticed, based on comments about how curious/out of place it was, and was brought up again a few times in subsequent episode discussions while theorizing Gunpuku's origin.

And I dunno, watching any TV show weekly is the norm, I think the only reason it's hard for you is simply because you aren't interested in it. Anyone would struggle to remember something they're bored by.

Gqz said:
lTl__lTl said:
imagine those creation are the god in thier universe.. what gonna happen to the real world ???

I'm pretty sure they're already in the background of the show. If a low-tier reality warper like Gunpuku is able to cross then higher tiers like Featherine or Demonbane are more than capable.

I don't think the director accounted for plot-holes like this, though it would be amazing for there to be a character from Takashi Masada's work, it would break the immersion of the anime and end in a bloodbath though.

Maybe not such a plot hole. From what we've been shown so far, it seems like Gunpuku's ability to cross isn't due to her ability, but related to Setsuna's suicide, and the reason why higher tier reality warpers aren't being pulled over is easily explained by the fact that it's solely by Gunpuku's discretion (maybe she doesn't want competition or their dispositions don't fit into her grand plan).
MysteriousBananaMay 7, 2017 5:48 PM
May 7, 2017 6:06 PM

Nov 2016
1st half was good 2nd half went a bit of boring with more talk... and then there's the near the end scene, wtf!
May 7, 2017 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
MysteriousBanana said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

How do you guys remember scenes like that? Small scenes you saw WEEKS ago. Watching anime weekly is so hard.

Can't speak for others, but since this is the only other title I'm watching this season it's pretty easy to remember details like that; it's a detail that a lot of people also noticed, based on comments about how curious/out of place it was, and was brought up again a few times in subsequent episode discussions while theorizing Gunpuku's origin.

And I dunno, watching any TV show weekly is the norm, I think the only reason it's hard for you is simply because you aren't interested in it. Anyone would struggle to remember something they're bored by.

Gqz said:

Maybe not such a plot hole. From what we've been shown so far, it seems like Gunpuku's ability to cross isn't due to her ability, but related to Setsuna's suicide, and the reason why higher tier reality warpers aren't being pulled over is easily explained by the fact that it's solely by Gunpuku's discretion (maybe she doesn't want competition or their dispositions don't fit into her grand plan).

That's illogical. Gunpuku isn't that strong enough to face beings like Featherine. Sure her 'Holiscpon'is stated to be eternal but what does that mean to a being which isn't restricted to dimensions and are more larger than infinity. She could sure compete with Universal characters like Goku but ones which are considered '1-A' according to VsBattle she has no chance.
removed-userMay 7, 2017 6:56 PM
May 7, 2017 7:36 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. Ending got interesting.
May 7, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 2014
Just_Chicken said:
firemagnet said:

Don't waste your time arguing with him. He is extremely biased and won't listen to reasons.

"A frog in a well", if you ask me.

I'm not sure that he's "merely" a frog in the well, but I'll take your word for it.
May 7, 2017 7:53 PM
Jul 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Gqz said:

Or perhaps because they're not aware of their "yoke" like she is.
May 7, 2017 7:55 PM

Mar 2017
The government's too calm to handle the situation.

I think MC here created MUP (Military Uniform Princess) but she wasn't 100% complete since he stopped writing/drawing.
May 7, 2017 8:14 PM

Aug 2014
firemagnet said:
Izanaginookami said:

For those of you who haven't read it, his blog post is here:
https://animemangalnvn.wordpress.com/2017/05/07/regarding-recreators-episode-5-you-fuckerssssss/

I was also waiting for that moment, hoped it would have been included earlier, but my reactions was "this is excellent! we get to find out what all of this means next episode!"

as opposed to your reaction, which can be summed up as:

Now, to answer a few questions raised in your blog post:

He gets on the Defensive easily? Does it means that he’s weak to abusive people or something? I don’t really get what “Defensive” exactly mean, but I get the FEELING of it.

He's basically a passive-agressive bipolar. Usually meek but if he gets frustrated he explodes. Like Shinji Ikari, but without all the emotional attachments and other psychological issues.

Hm, does MUP have to play her violin with her sword everytime? Is it her ability? How does it work? Why the sword? Why so beautiful?

a) It's a Russian PPSh submachinegun from World War II. Her theme is that she's a "conductor" in the musical sense of aspects of the world. It ties into the title of the material she comes from, "Altair: World Etude," where "etude" is a French term for:

"a short musical composition, typically for one instrument, designed as an exercise to improve the technique or demonstrate the skill of the player."

b) we don't know.

c)She has very good visual design that ties into a). The way I see it is that she's an avatar of war in its ceremonial aspects; her uniform and weaponry are all ceremonial in nature, emblematic of gear given to old military marching bands or cavalry formations. This would also overlap with the power of her weaponry, her Holopsicon, which could well represent the power of war to create for the victor and take what is most precious from the defeated. It could be said that she plays the "song of war" when she uses her weapon as a violin, but I'm probably trying to read too much into this.

I see. Many thanks for taking the time to explain some things to me. As I quite love the show, I'm always pleased to get to know further information about it.

May 7, 2017 8:52 PM
Jul 2014
Izanaginookami said:

I see. Many thanks for taking the time to explain some things to me. As I quite love the show, I'm always pleased to get to know further information about it.

YW. I would have answered them anyway, even if they were rhetorical. I also would have duplicated the end of your blog post here, but that would likely have taken too much time.

Anyway, I'm of the same opinion as you; this series is great, and the reviews I'm seeing of it, both on youtube and elsewhere are overwhelmingly positive. Better than 80% of what I see from reviewers is high praise of the show for its characters and narrative, as well as the concepts it chooses to explore. There are very few people who are saying that they don't want to watch this show, or they simply aren't commenting at all.
May 7, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2016
Another great episode adding yet another new character but this time it's a guy! I was shocked to see the Japanese gov. get involved but I guess if magical people were flying around I would be asking questions too! Still a lot of mystery around the main plot but it looks like Souta may know the creator of the military uniform girl. I can't wait to see next weeks episode!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 7, 2017 10:43 PM
Nov 2014
I really liked this show in the beginning, liked the concept, the characters, everything in general. And well...that lasted until episode two I think, I felt the anime had potential to be one of my favorites of this season but now I feel like it's going to be a "meh" show, not good not bad just "meh". Let me elaborate a little:

1. The concept of the anime. Popular(maybe?) anime/game/manga characters coming to our world is interesting indeed. However, for me one of the most importants parts of any anime/novel/movie it's not WHAT is trying to tell but HOW it's telling it and so far the job the anime is doing is getting worse and worse for me. Sometimes tries to be "serious" since fictious beings are in our world so that must/should have consequences for us (about time they mentioned something about this in ep5), sometimes I see a SoL and sometimes it tries to get misterious (usually the cliffhangers but that's it). In the end I think we're getting a lot of everything and it's just turning out in a mess.

2. The characters. I think the anime doesn't even have the half of the number of characters that Mayoiga had and for me it feels that it already forgot they even existed. We see the antagonits so little, we never saw Yuuya again and instead of that we get a lot/a little talking done by the other main characters. Yeah, I understand that their talking might the character development but again my problem it's not in what they tried to express but how they did it (long, redundant and it's starting to get boring). For reference I did enjoy the Monotagari series and currently watching Sakurada Reset which I'm enjoying too.

3. The time progression. I don't know how much time has passed in the real world, I feel like maybe two weeks? But what amazes me it's the chill the characters have. Even before Meteora explicitely told that the world might get destroyed none of them (creators,creations,everybody) seemed to truly care about returning to their worlds, nor trying to finding a way to do it.

4. Meteora. No, I don't hate/dislike her in fact I actually like her. The problem I have is that it looks like she does all the thinking and all the talking, that specially bugged me in this episode. Like they were taken by the goverment and (again) Meteora did all the talking and none of them ever prostested or told their thoughts about the situation. Yes, let's Meteora decide all of our future because we know the goverment is going to be so understanting and there's not going to be any consequences for what has happened so far and all of this it's going to look super realistic...yeah...because we know military is soooo understanding. To be honest I was expecting something like: a bunch of scientist/military grabbing the creations and try to figure out the source of their magic,origing,etc; the creators getting furious, Meteora dropping the bomb that world will get destroyed, the creators say something like "they (the creations) are our only hope", Souta becomes their manga/anime specialist (because he has to be useful, right?) and then the military and creations becomes best buds in the fight agains MUP.

5. The antagonists. This is somewhat related to point 3, like what the hell have they been doing so far? Is Alice creator dead? Is Mamika eating curry with everyone? I need answers. Also...their lack of evil deeds so far is...is unrealistic unless there's a coherent reason for that. Because from what we've seen so far the reason the main motive of MUP for doing all of this might be revenge, and I think she wants to act fast so what the hell are they/she waiting for to start the fighting/killing/despair? The only reasons I see so far is that maybe she is waiting to bring that other missing character to the real world?

6. The plot in general. So this is my biggest concern so far. To this point we've been given a possible reason as of why all of this is happening "MUP's revenge", and to be honest it that's it then I think it would be possible to wrap up the story in just 12eps. I basically be something like: we have the good side (creations that want to stop MUP) and the bad side, we see them fight, no one dies (because I don't think this anime wants to kills any of its characters thought I'd love to see a creation die XD ), good side it's about to lose but Souta does something that saves the day (because again he has to be useful, right? Yeah I know he said this wasn't his story, that it was "hers". Was he referring to "Meteora's"? because I think she's the only one that's always talking :v Maybe he referred to MUP or the suidice girl if that's the case I think this anime also becomes kind of Souta's story in a sense. ). Soooo going back to the main point, unless they have planned a big plot twist I don't see how this anime is going to remain interesting in 22 episodes. Maybe well get SoL between creations/creators? :v

Well, that's it. That's the end of my percpection of this anime so far.
Oh, and before you ask something like "Then how would you have wanted the progression/talking/etc to be?" Well *shrug* I'm not the Creator :v No, in all seriousness I'm just giving my perception/disappointmet so far because like I said I liked the series at the beginning. I will still continue watch it thought I feel it's just going to be a "meh" series (Really hope to be wrong here)
Oh, I like the OST btw :D

May 7, 2017 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
Things are starting to get out of hand! and JSDF is now also involved!
That big ass mecha was totally cool!
Amamiya Sora nailed the Kanoya! suits him better!
looks like Souta finally remembers about gunpuku no himegimi!
5/5.

May 8, 2017 12:40 AM
Jan 2016
Gqz said:
MysteriousBanana said:

That's illogical. Gunpuku isn't that strong enough to face beings like Featherine. Sure her 'Holiscpon'is stated to be eternal but what does that mean to a being which isn't restricted to dimensions and are more larger than infinity. She could sure compete with Universal characters like Goku but ones which are considered '1-A' according to VsBattle she has no chance.

Er, I'm not sure what's illogical about what I'm saying? By "competition" I don't mean they have equal power levels, but by going into another universe and pulling someone who is WAY over her power levels means all of her plans would be at the mercy of the whims of that person. If they don't cooperate and have their own idea of what to do with "reality", that will directly compete (though it wouldn't be much of a competition) with her plans.
May 8, 2017 1:10 AM

Jul 2014
Riiiight. It all connects to the beginning of the show no.
So basically Shimazaki is dead. Sota is the creator of the antagonist and Shimazaki was the creator. Interesting to see how it will progress from here on.
May 8, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2009
An actually competent anime government is my fetish.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 8, 2017 1:36 AM

Jun 2015
Nice story development in this episode :D.
May 8, 2017 1:42 AM
May 2016
Stark700 said:
Interesting reveal about the military princess is as she seems to be created by Shimazaki (suicide girl) from some TV show called "Altair/World Etude".

Suicide girl? Whaddya mean?
May 8, 2017 1:50 AM
May 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
—I laughed at that pun she made.

About that...can you help me with the pun? The humor didn't exactly get to me.
May 8, 2017 2:26 AM

Dec 2014
KandyJar said:
Stark700 said:
Interesting reveal about the military princess is as she seems to be created by Shimazaki (suicide girl) from some TV show called "Altair/World Etude".

Suicide girl? Whaddya mean?

The girl that jumped in front of the train in ep1
May 8, 2017 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
MysteriousBanana said:
Gqz said:

Er, I'm not sure what's illogical about what I'm saying? By "competition" I don't mean they have equal power levels, but by going into another universe and pulling someone who is WAY over her power levels means all of her plans would be at the mercy of the whims of that person. If they don't cooperate and have their own idea of what to do with "reality", that will directly compete (though it wouldn't be much of a competition) with her plans.

I'l explain to you why it's a plot-hole in the best possible way since it's above comprehension to explain it as if you were some higher dimensional being.

Imagine if you were a human looking at an A3 piece of paper which had an oval on the right side of the paper which represents the Anime Universe.

You put your finger on the inside the oval -> You're technically inside that Universe as a 2 dimensional being.

Then all of a sudden a new Oval appears on the left of the paper -> You notice it

You then lift your finger up and move it to the other Oval -> You place your finger inside the new Oval called 'Real World'.

You exist in the real world

To understand what I'm saying you'd have to watch the first half of the movie titled 'Flatland: The Movie'
May 8, 2017 6:19 AM
Jan 2016
Gqz said:
I'l explain to you why it's a plot-hole in the best possible way since it's above comprehension to explain it as if you were some higher dimensional being.

Which is why Setsuna's suicide is relevant, because it's likely the mechanism (in conjunction with the popularity of her character) that allowed Gunpuku to perceive and/or connect to the "real" world; Featherine and Demonbane don't have that, so they can't cross over by themselves because they don't know there's anything to cross over to, hence why I say it's solely Gunpuku's discretion on whether or not she brings this information (and connection) to their attention.

That being said, even if they did have the ability to perceive the existence of other worlds, Meteora points out that every story created gives birth to a new world; it would be illogical for them to spontaneously realize there is a "real" world or somehow know exactly which of the sea of worlds is the right one.
May 8, 2017 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
MysteriousBanana said:
Gqz said:

Which is why Setsuna's suicide is relevant, because it's likely the mechanism (in conjunction with the popularity of her character) that allowed Gunpuku to perceive and/or connect to the "real" world; Featherine and Demonbane don't have that, so they can't cross over by themselves because they don't know there's anything to cross over to, hence why I say it's solely Gunpuku's discretion on whether or not she brings this information (and connection) to their attention.

That being said, even if they did have the ability to perceive the existence of other worlds, Meteora points out that every story created gives birth to a new world; it would be illogical for them to spontaneously realize there is a "real" world or somehow know exactly which of the sea of worlds is the right one.

I dont think Demonbane was a suitable example since it's a crap setting. I'll use Umineko instead.

Why a being like Featherine is more than capable of passing is because she's a fallacy. Featherine knows that she's in a story by breaking the fourth wall and states that she could chose to leave by becoming one with the Creator.

The Creator (The actual god and the only being above Featherine) is meant to be Ryukishi07. If one were to reach the power of the creator then they'd also become Ryukishi07. It's described as a door to reality which you can only go through once.

Another reason why Featherine would have that perception is because she's in-front of the door which she already knows is the 'Creator'. What she doesn't know is the space behind the door. The witches kill themselves out of boredom which is also one of the catalysts for her coming over to the world. She wants to ascertain more power.

MysteriousBanana said:
Which is why Setsuna's suicide is relevant, because it's likely the mechanism (in conjunction with the popularity of her character) that allowed Gunpuku to perceive and/or connect to the "real"

I'm not sure what you mean here but if it's only applicable to popular characters / stories then Featherine should be capable since she 'technically' created Higurashi no Naku Koro ni which has a-lot of MAL users.

removed-userMay 8, 2017 7:41 AM
May 8, 2017 9:07 AM

Nov 2009
They should rename this anime to Re:Exposition because this is really what this show is all about.

Nidhoeggr said:
Yes, a "competent" anime government that let's a bunch of supernatural people loose without giving it too much of a thought. How competent...
May 8, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2017
Another impressive episode of an impressive show. And the fact that people theorize about the plot like in this thread should be proof enough to see that the creation of suspense works damn well, even without every minute being an action scene.
May 8, 2017 9:30 AM
Jul 2016
So, this is a bit unrelated to the episode itself but I rewatched the fight scene from the first episode and Himegimi/Altair tells Celesia "My Master liked you too".
I took this as "obligatory villain line" back then and completely forgot it, but now that I was reminded of it, I wonder if she's specifically targeting characters that Setsuna was a fan of.
May 8, 2017 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
xenovibe said:

Nidhoeggr said:
Yes, a "competent" anime government that let's a bunch of supernatural people loose without giving it too much of a thought. How competent...

The bar has been set so low by the industry that I will gladly take anything that is a bit above the usual drivel.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 8, 2017 10:09 AM
Jan 2016
Gqz said:
MysteriousBanana said:

I dont think Demonbane was a suitable example since it's a crap setting. I'll use Umineko instead.

Why a being like Featherine is more than capable of passing is because she's a fallacy. Featherine knows that she's in a story by breaking the fourth wall and states that she could chose to leave by becoming one with the Creator.

The Creator (The actual god and the only being above Featherine) is meant to be Ryukishi07. If one were to reach the power of the creator then they'd also become Ryukishi07. It's described as a door to reality which you can only go through once.

Another reason why Featherine would have that perception is because she's in-front of the door which she already knows is the 'Creator'. What she doesn't know is the space behind the door. The witches kill themselves out of boredom which is also one of the catalysts for her coming over to the world. She wants to ascertain more power.

MysteriousBanana said:
Which is why Setsuna's suicide is relevant, because it's likely the mechanism (in conjunction with the popularity of her character) that allowed Gunpuku to perceive and/or connect to the "real"

I'm not sure what you mean here but if it's only applicable to popular characters / stories then Featherine should be capable since she 'technically' created Higurashi no Naku Koro ni which has a-lot of MAL users.

From what we've been shown so far, the formula for a character gaining the ability to jump between worlds involves them to being popular (an observation pointed out by Yuuya) and their Creator dying under specific circumstances; we know simply being popular doesn't give them that power for obvious reasons, but we also know death of the Creator by itself isn't enough, because Meteora's creator died in an accident and she doesn't have the ability to freely hop between worlds.

So a character like Featherine would be popular, but since her Creator hasn't died under the same circumstances as Setsuna, she doesn't qualify under the rules presented by the plot - so as long as it remains internally consistent, it's not a plot hole.
May 8, 2017 11:25 AM
Jul 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
Gqz said:

From what we've been shown so far, the formula for a character gaining the ability to jump between worlds involves them to being popular (an observation pointed out by Yuuya) and their Creator dying under specific circumstances; we know simply being popular doesn't give them that power for obvious reasons, but we also know death of the Creator by itself isn't enough, because Meteora's creator died in an accident and she doesn't have the ability to freely hop between worlds.

So a character like Featherine would be popular, but since her Creator hasn't died under the same circumstances as Setsuna, she doesn't qualify under the rules presented by the plot - so as long as it remains internally consistent, it's not a plot hole.

Interesting extrapolation, but I suspect this will be validated or denied in time.
May 8, 2017 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
The government agencies along with the military were exceedingly magnanimous, they didn't even force Meteora to foot the bill for the wares that she lent. Regardless, it was an interesting turn of events, the imaginary folks getting privileges (and responsibilities) of government officials an all that. As was the revelation that concluded the episode.
May 8, 2017 2:59 PM
Jul 2014
Agnika_Kaieru said:
The government agencies along with the military were exceedingly magnanimous, they didn't even force Meteora to foot the bill for the wares that she lent. Regardless, it was an interesting turn of events, the imaginary folks getting privileges (and responsibilities) of government officials an all that. As was the revelation that concluded the episode.

They would be unable to do so; she has no means by which to pay them.
May 8, 2017 4:06 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode. At least we now know who that Military Princess girl is.
May 8, 2017 4:37 PM
Jan 2016
firemagnet said:
Interesting extrapolation, but I suspect this will be validated or denied in time.

Given how much info dumping and how little details actually do get touched upon in later episodes, I'd honestly be surprised if they don't at least theorize in detail how Gunpuku gained her world crossing powers.
May 8, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
firemagnet said:

Given how much info dumping and how little details actually do get touched upon in later episodes, I'd honestly be surprised if they don't at least theorize in detail how Gunpuku gained her world crossing powers.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but right now we need to see whether Souta keeps his knowledge to himself or shares it with the rest of the group. Well, we will find that out in about 5 days or so.
May 8, 2017 5:26 PM

Aug 2015
H1r0gen said:

-mediocre soundtrack

NANI!!?!?!??!?!?!???????
May 8, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, finally we got a "fight".
That mecha is epic!!!
Glad that Rui joined the good guys xD
So that girl was created by Souta??
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2017 9:54 PM
Jul 2014
AivanK said:
Nice episode, finally we got a "fight".
That mecha is epic!!!
Glad that Rui joined the good guys xD
So that girl was created by Souta??

He seems to have had a hand in her creation. To what extent is not clear.
May 9, 2017 1:00 AM

Dec 2015
Wah! They chose to implicate the officials so soon o_O
About that, what a niiiiiice government crisis cell ! They didn't fall in the real world but in Neverland.

The comments about the new transfered hero's personality were funny. The Meteora "Theory" being swallowed for no reason was even more stupid than before, this time being sold to the government.

2/5 At least, they try to innove on the full series normal composition. Unsure if it's really a good thing.

For those who want to get the Internet comments in english: http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2017/05/08/230040
There is a World Étude video on niconico: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31138174

@PizzaWarrior Making abstraction from MAL and its population, who sold you
this show as an action series? Was this even said on the official website presentation?

edit @MysteriousBanana That something is wrong with reality, perfect. But to accept everything up to the whole scifi plot around her theory was too much. (though like we said, their overall attitude was exaggerated)
Rei_IIIMay 9, 2017 4:22 AM
May 9, 2017 4:03 AM
Jan 2016
Rei366 said:
The Meteora "Theory" being swallowed for no reason was even more stupid than before, this time being sold to the government.

To be fair, people with superpowers and giant mechas are crawling out of their TVs, if that isn't a reason to believe something about reality is getting fucked hard then what is?

If anything it's the opposite that's more unbelievable: that they're so calm talking to beings whose very existence violate the laws of physics. The body language of the various officials should have been a lot more varied and more defensive.
MysteriousBananaMay 9, 2017 4:06 AM
May 9, 2017 8:55 AM
Apr 2017
Shit just got real!!

Was waiting more this imminent twist in plot and final it comes. Good scope for a good plot development. Cant wait to see where they take it from here on.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

401 by Selcukyilmaz »»
May 14, 8:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.