Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2017 12:21 PM

Oct 2016
I really don't like dropping a series, but if I don't have a significant enough interest then I will.
Feb 24, 2017 2:34 PM

May 2013
Hell naw, I drop that shit quick fast. I can be 23/24 episodes into a series and still drop it if I'm not feeling it. I've dropped TV series after watching 5+ seasons with only 1 season left.

As soon as I stop enjoying, I'm out. I don't care to see how it finishes - not worth wasting my time watching something I'm not enjoying.
Feb 24, 2017 3:36 PM

Oct 2016
i have a "never drop no matter what" policy ... but if you see my droped anime list ... you'll find animes that torchered my eyes so much that i gave up on my beleives ...
Feb 24, 2017 6:45 PM

Oct 2015
Wait wait! It's possible to drop anime? o.O

But in all seriousness, it's just become a habit to complete anime now.
It's not like I achieve anything from it.
Feb 24, 2017 7:40 PM

Jul 2015
i got shit to do, i can't be wasting my time with a show that doesn't captivate me
i make terrible youtube videos, dont click the link unless you have literally seen everything else in existence
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8qW8C2w0PNpTGlA-0r_HA
Feb 25, 2017 12:40 AM

Jan 2016
I guess I kind of cheat I do the 3 episode rule (sometimes I do 5 episodes if it's a slow start) before I decide if I'm going to buy it or not and I don't add it to my list unless I do, so I have no drops although I think I tried maybe 10 animes that I just couldn't get into.

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Feb 25, 2017 12:45 AM

Jan 2016
Thorlak said:
Wait wait! It's possible to drop anime? o.O

But in all seriousness, it's just become a habit to complete anime now.
It's not like I achieve anything from it.

Got to admit I love that pic and the "You've managed to survive watching so many anime without dropping any of them. You masochist."

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Feb 25, 2017 2:00 AM

Feb 2016
I actually hate it to drop anime.I only drop a anime if it's really that bad and annoys me.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Feb 25, 2017 2:10 AM

Jun 2014
In 99 of the cases, first thing I do before start watching an anime is searching information about it, how popular it is, what my friends think about it, if is in my category of "likes" and maybe watch the pv too, so in generally I don't start an anime that I think I will not like... but in the 1 case left, if it turns into a bad anime for me I'll still give it a change and always hope for a decent ending or something ^^
Feb 25, 2017 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
heh... same as OP. I drop it like its hot.
Feb 25, 2017 3:31 AM

Mar 2014
Yes, I never drop any anime, because I want to see what happens to the very end.
Feb 25, 2017 4:12 AM
Sep 2014
Half and half I guess. I'll drop a show, but I'll eventually try and come back to it(so i don't put it on my drop list).

Unless it's Naruto Shippuden, I'm not coming back to it.
Feb 25, 2017 10:57 AM

Feb 2016
I love hating things, so I continue watching shitty shows in order to hate them more.
Feb 25, 2017 11:03 AM
Feb 2017
No. Why would I want to waste my time watching something shitty when I could be watching something good? This is why I dropped bleach after the 1st arc way back when.
Feb 25, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
No, because that'd be pretty stupid.
Why on earth would anybody want to do that?
Why would you watch something you don't enjoy?
Feb 25, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2015
No I don't have that policy. Though, I rarely drop shows.
Feb 25, 2017 11:23 AM

Jan 2015
tenltd said:
I want to better understand the people who stick to their guns and never drop anime, because I'm the exact opposite. I have no problems whatsoever dropping a show after the first episode - sometimes earlier - if I didn't have something to latch onto. If you never drop shows, what are your reasons? If you hate a show from the beginning, how do you not just turn it off and go watch something else?

I don't drop anime because I can't, it amazes me how some people can drop over 300 anime and I can't even get myself to drop just one -w-
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Feb 25, 2017 11:55 AM

Mar 2016
I've dropped an anime 10 minutes into the first episode. I'm far from having one.
Feb 25, 2017 1:40 PM

Dec 2015
Somehow yeah, I may seem to drop an anime but I mostly stall it and leave it for later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2016
No. I drop anime regardless of how many episodes I've watched if I no longer enjoy watching it. Why force myself to finish something that I don't like?
Feb 25, 2017 2:25 PM
Dec 2009
I used to have not drop anime. I used to think any kind of anime is good in its own way.
Later on, due to lack of time I started to carefully chose what I watch and also started to drop some.
Feb 25, 2017 2:56 PM

Feb 2017
Watched inu x boku ss after finishing kamisama hajimemashita.
Oh boy what was i wrong to expect the same.

Some male char that looks around 20-25 years old litterly begging/sliming/sucking/retardness for a girl thats cocky + douche and looks like 14. Non stop the same shitty comedy and 1% action.

Since i dont drop if i started something. It was a pain to watch till the end
Feb 25, 2017 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
i rarely drop an anime, if i pick an older anime i know if they are at least decent..

if it is a seasonal (watching 30 this season...) i usually just keep watching and hoping it will be a little better next episode,
then again i love slice of life animes and now everything is SOL based lmao =D

every season i pick 2 or 3 i kinda dislike... before starting the episode i'm like...i don't feel like watching it... but i just watch it and after the episode ends i'm like...it wasn't that bad lol

the only animes i drop are stuff like 1000th season of an anime (yugioh...) , a show that has retarded deaths like chaos dragon... or something that doesn't interest me at all (boys love/reverse harem or... mob psycho 100)
winddevil1Feb 25, 2017 3:44 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 26, 2017 12:21 AM

Feb 2017
I've dropped shows a while ago but now-a-days if I can't drop one, cause I feel frustrated I didn't finish it Lmao

I want to finish what I started.
Feb 26, 2017 3:16 AM

Mar 2016
I do have that, because I hate not to finish it, unless it is really horrible and unbearable.

Feb 26, 2017 6:04 AM

Dec 2015
Used to but not anymore.

'Life is too short' to watch 24+ episodes of something that you can't seem to enjoy no matter what! ;)
Feb 26, 2017 6:13 AM

May 2014
I really hate dropping any anime/movies/TV series a lot. Even if the show is bland or bad, there might be some instance of the anime that I might really like. And I hate keeping stuff unfinished. The ending of the anime also might be really good, even if it started out bad.

And I am proud of not dropping any anime.
Mar 6, 2017 1:06 AM

Nov 2016
Kinda. I try to finish all anime I start (because I hate starting something and not finishing it) but nowadays I'm too lazy to keep up with a series so if it's long or boring, it's getting dropped.
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Mar 27, 2017 6:40 PM
Jul 2013
Danime said:
For it is a matter of no matter how bad a show is I want to experience it through to the end to have the absolute knowledge and understanding of it so I can talk about or to see every part of it, because although not every anime will be good overall I think there are always hidden gem scenes that are still awesome to experience and that alone makes it that if I dropped I'd never know what I could potentially be missing out on!

All that aside it can sometimes really suck when a show just isn't for me and never happens to have any of them good moments I keep pushing onwards for :c - but most the time I only watch shows after looking into them enough and deciding this is favorable in being towards my liking so it's rarer I get shows that I genuinely don't appreciate a single thing about.

This probably sums it up pretty well for most people like me who follow the no drop policy. I hate leaving any stones unturned, since I can always find memorable gems in even mediocre animes. There are often animes that have less than average beginnings but turn out to be absolutely phenomenal once finished (e.g. Shinsekai Yori). That being said, it's perfectly understandable why many people wouldn't put themselves through all of that.
Mar 27, 2017 8:48 PM
Nov 2013
Usually I try to finish it if it at least has some good aspects to it but yeah some shows are just too uninteresting and boring..
Mar 27, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2015
I watched the first few episodes of Gintama years ago, and "dropped" it for a while, then I thought about it and gave it another chance, now that I've finished it I gave it a 10 and have pretty much concluded that I'd watch things through to the end regardless on first impressions. I'll occasionally put anime on hold, but I'd never consider dropping one entirely. Though I guess I could assume I haven't watched any REALLY bad anime.
Mar 27, 2017 10:14 PM

Dec 2009
I've dropped a couple shows but the only name I could remember from those is Soul Eater. After the episode introducing Death the Kid I realized that everything else about the show was boring and he really needed his own show.
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Mar 27, 2017 10:45 PM

Mar 2015
Yep I've got a no drop policy. It's a mix of OCD + masochism + I sort of enjoy watching anime that are total train wrecks. I think something has to be out-of-this-world level of shit if ever I'm to drop one.

What's even weirder to me than not dropping anything is that there are people that drop an anime like 1-2 episodes away from being finished..

Even if the future awaiting me is so bright that it's blinding,
If I'm to face it alone, there's no real meaning in it.. ♫♫

Mar 28, 2017 3:51 AM

Mar 2015
no, i just too lazy to list my drop series...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 28, 2017 4:13 AM

Dec 2014
It's a bit simple in my case, I feel like when I start watching an anime, I should at least see it to the end, even if it's bad. Not really a masochist, I just don't like leaving things unfinished.
Mar 28, 2017 4:36 AM

Jun 2011
Yes, I usually don't drop anime, though sometimes it got so boring I even forgot to add it to my list and forget about it after a while. It's the opposite for manga though, I dropped a tons of manga. The good thing about anime is that, even if you're not paying attention, the video still plays on, you don't have to pay 100% attention on the anime, whereas with manga, you have to be active to read it. So when the anime got really boring for me, I'll just turn on some games to play while having the video play on next to me.

As for the reason to not drop an anime, there's no real reason to be honest, it's just that I want to say I have watched it and didn't like it, it makes my life easier when I look for a new anime to watch, I don't have to think twice if I've completed an anime whereas if I dropped it 5 years ago, I might doubt myself as in, if my taste has changed.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 28, 2017 4:59 AM

Aug 2016
I tend to either watch anime that I'll think I would enjoy or think I'd dislike just for the laughs.

If I ever decided to discontinue watching a show I put them on my "on-hold" list because either I forget to keep up with it when it was airing or just that I don't think I should continue watching it atm. I'll get back on them since I like most of them.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 28, 2017 5:03 AM
Aug 2015
I had a no drop policy until I watched Durarara!!! After that, there's only been a few I've dropped but I generally tend to try my best see things through tothe end unless I find them unbearable
Mar 28, 2017 5:22 AM

Dec 2015
Mhh I think... I got it that your question is for people who literally has no anime in their Dropped list but for me.. just like how people up there.. if its not interesting in my point of view then Im not gonna waste my time watching it...
But there is a time when someone recomend an anime and was asking about my opinion, then I will pretty much finish it to see the whole things then so I could give them my opinion and what I thought about the anime (even if I dont find the anime interesting) :) but this one is rare.. and I only did it for one anime so far (which I ended up putting it in Dropped list with no score eventho I finished it yet I already thinking of dropping it at episode 8 and ofc I have reason for it) ...
Mar 28, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2015
I used to think I have one until I tried Toradora

Couldn't stand it, really. NHK progressed with its awfulness. That show just repeated over and over how cute Taiga is despite being an abusive bitch. It was too much.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 28, 2017 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
When I don't like an anime I just drop it, maybe I will watch it when I have nothing better to do.
Mar 29, 2017 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
if i find something to be either dismissable or utter garbage, then yeah, i'll probably abandon it altogether without question. hence why most of my dropped shows have no episode count. they're that useless to me, sometimes i can't even remember where exactly i dropped them. if something's at least funinily bad, or i've forcefully committed myself to watching it as an act of masochistic self torture, that's different, and i'll rate it like the steaming bile it is.
Mar 29, 2017 12:25 AM

Dec 2016
I don't drop anything until I'm either an hour and a half in or a quarter done with the series since I want to be sure I've got a good idea of the show's quality. After that it's fair game since I don't have all day and I don't want to waste my time watching any old bollocks
If you enjoy anime (wild assumption on this site, I know) and want a club to discuss and watch it with, check out Anime Advocates! https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=73517

My dragons <3
Mar 29, 2017 10:37 AM
Mar 2017
I did. I have watched anime for 5 years, but I have only totalled a number of thirty or so anime. Mainly because I have had this awful protocol about never dropping a series. 2017 has been a new start for me since I drop a show without hesitation if I don't like it and go on to the next. This has boosted my anime spree by finishing 5 new anime in under 2 months.

I like it better this way. My standards have become more strict and I am more fixed at things meeting up to them.
Mar 29, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2016
Yes.

I don't drop shows because I like to give each anime a chance to eventually redeem themselves later with a strong finish or maybe a couple of good episodes here and there
+
I have strong tolerance
+
I can talk shit about it since I've seen it from start to finish

You don't need to be 100% focused on a shitty show. A shitty show gives me good reason to exercise, do household activities, or anything else that enables me to be able to do things simultaneously. Laptop in this situation helps tremendously.
Mar 29, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Most definitely not. Some shows are amazingly bad, but miss the mark where they're so bad that they're interesting because of how bad they are.
Mar 29, 2017 3:52 PM
Oct 2016
I don't drop anything. A worst, I'll put it on hold (and even then, at times I do so because there's something that caught my interest and one of them will be sacrificed to the "on-Hold" section.) and I'll always watch a show to it's end, no matter how awful I may find it.
Cerco un centro di gravita permanente. Che non mi faccia mai cambiare idea sulle cose sulla gente. Avrei bisogno di...
Mar 29, 2017 4:07 PM

Jun 2016
I think i do, but when i really see that the show won't progress even a bit/ or shows i'm not interested at, i would really drop it. But i have really low droping rate.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 29, 2017 4:17 PM

Feb 2013
I did way back in the day, but then I started watching seasonal anime. There is too much garbage that airs, to not drop some.
Mar 29, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2012
I have dropped almost half the amount I've watched, I just don't record a lot of them because I didn't even get through the first episode.

A no drop policy just means you just don't care about the quality of the material you watch. I mean it's like playing in the sandpit, you guys can play with the dug up cat shit, but I'd prefer to watch my hands and skip the sandpit for the day.

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - 8 hours ago

31 by Nurguburu »»
6 minutes ago

» Favorite openings of 2024 so far?

Fukoku - Jun 6

14 by Coaghim »»
18 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

122 by Lucifrost »»
19 minutes ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Jun 11

9 by Kwanthemaster »»
22 minutes ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

15 by Kwanthemaster »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.