Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 8, 2016 4:31 PM

May 2015
Am I the only one who think Hajime Sugoroku looks like Saitama

[アウサマ95]
Oct 8, 2016 11:54 PM

Mar 2008
I laughed so much. I'll be looking forward to this series!
Oct 9, 2016 7:19 AM
Mar 2010
9/10.

Almost as good as the manga.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 9, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know what's more painful to watch, the anime itself, the jokes, or the animation.
Oct 9, 2016 10:29 PM

Sep 2012
This is one fucking colourful anime. Seems okay atm. I can see the jokes and gags getting old kinda quickly though.

Whenever I see the supervisor, I just think of a bald Yzak, lol...
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 10, 2016 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
Tbh this kind of show arent my cup of tea. But I'll give it a try since this show has many potentials to give surprises.
Oct 11, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
I'm not sure what to think about this episode. Like, at the beginning I was entertained with our group of main characters trying to break out of "best secured" prison in the world, but then in the second part of the episode, I get a little bit bored and I didn't feel the comedy that much. Overall, it's nothing special but it might improve, so I'm going to watch this one, at least for a couple of laughs.

And yeah, also, character designs are a little bit too over the place imo. They're distracting xD

Oct 11, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
Not half bad. Out of the two shows I've watched before this one this fall, this one is so far the best. Overall a great first episode, decent animation and a light atnosphere. I think this shown has potential to be upon graduation the best of this season.

(Yes my name is a joke before anyone asks)
Oct 11, 2016 4:45 PM
Oct 2016
the art style so far has been really enjoyable, i was thrown off by the out of place seriousness towards the end to get the "plot" moving. the main antagonist appears to be a kiznaiver so thats fun
Oct 11, 2016 7:42 PM

Feb 2013
This was pretty good....and I almost didn't watch it....I'm glad I did :)
Oct 13, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
Goodness, such wild designs with extremely bright colors and sparkles everywhere. This will take some getting used to for my eyes. XD

Don't really like either the OP or ED. Despite the things I've said, it was alright. Overall and so far, it doesn't seem like I'll have much problems or hesitations with continuing to stick with this.
Oct 13, 2016 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
I like this anime :3

I find the art/animation great it's just different.
removed-userOct 13, 2016 12:20 PM
Oct 13, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2015
So this is what Impel Down would be like if it was run by Ivankov?
Oct 13, 2016 1:34 PM
Apr 2016
So. Much. Glitter.

lol

Not bad. Not that good either. It's okay. I'll keep going with this.

TrashDax said:
So this is what Impel Down would be like if it was run by Ivankov?

Sigh....
Oct 15, 2016 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
I can't get over how stupid the character designs are in this. They all look like horrible OC pulled straight out of some teenager's deviantart.
Also, what's with the sparkles? What's with that one pointy tooth sticking out whenever someone opens their mouth?

I'll give it a chance but if it doesn't improve over one or two episodes, it's definitely a drop.
Oct 15, 2016 8:37 AM
Jun 2016
The opening and ending are not really good, but the show itself is alright so far. The designs are outrageous as fuck, but not as outrageous as many of One Piece's. Don't really get the tons of sparkles lol, but I heard that the sort of thing is in the original web manga, too, so I guess it's some sort of odd aspect I'm gonna have to try to get used to.
Oct 15, 2016 8:02 PM

Jul 2015
Garto said:
what's with the sparkles?

It's one of those recurring elements sorely for this series (both anime and the original manga) to help differentiate from others and show that almost everything everywhere is that fabulous.

What's with that one pointy tooth sticking out whenever someone opens their mouth?

It's one of those recurring elements sorely for this series (both anime and the original manga) to help differentiate from others and show that almost everyone is part demon or vampire.

I hope this was helpful to you.
Oct 16, 2016 2:34 AM

Jan 2015
AmyTwo said:
Garto said:
what's with the sparkles?

It's one of those recurring elements sorely for this series (both anime and the original manga) to help differentiate from others and show that almost everything everywhere is that fabulous.

What's with that one pointy tooth sticking out whenever someone opens their mouth?

It's one of those recurring elements sorely for this series (both anime and the original manga) to help differentiate from others and show that almost everyone is part demon or vampire.

Yeah, thanks. Now I'm more certain that those things are basically pointless and stupid.
Oct 16, 2016 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
Garto said:
AmyTwo said:

Yeah, thanks. Now I'm more certain that those things are basically pointless and stupid.

Pretty much, yeah. lol I'm pretty sure you know I was joking a little with my answers (well, except for the sparkles showing that the series is that fab. Maybe that's true. I really don't know. XD), but yeah, overall, they're just elements only this series decided to include and not really anything else.

Not surprised nor do I blame you if you don't like it or find it stupid (I never said I liked it myself. I said it'll take some getting used to, mainly the sparkles for my eyes. lol). Though I do think the series so far is at least decent, if not at least watchable, despite such elements, so I do hope it gets better for you and that you'll be able to enjoy it (and I hope it doesn't get any worse than right now), though if it doesn't and you want to quit it, then again, I wouldn't blame you at all.
AmyTwoOct 16, 2016 3:22 AM
Oct 16, 2016 5:42 AM

Jan 2015
AmyTwo said:
Garto said:

Pretty much, yeah. lol I'm pretty sure you know I was joking a little with my answers (well, except for the sparkles showing that the series is that fab. Maybe that's true. I really don't know. XD), but yeah, overall, they're just elements only this series decided to include and not really anything else.

Not surprised nor do I blame you if you don't like it or find it stupid (I never said I liked it myself. I said it'll take some getting used to, mainly the sparkles for my eyes. lol). Though I do think the series so far is at least decent, if not at least watchable, despite such elements, so I do hope it gets better for you and that you'll be able to enjoy it (and I hope it doesn't get any worse than right now), though if it doesn't and you want to quit it, then again, I wouldn't blame you at all.

I have not seen episode 2 yet so I might just get hooked on this show, although that seems unlikely at this moment. The humour doesn't really click with me so I feel like it's not funny enough for a comedy and not good enough for a serious show.
Probably just gonna do the three episode rule and try to keep an open mind. It might just prove to be better than I expected.
Oct 16, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
I like the energy i get from this show, very colorful and visual.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 16, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
By far the most sparkly prison I've ever seen. Ok first episode, some funny moments but the jokes are pretty generic for the most part. The character designs and art were what prompted me to pick this up in the first place but now that I'm seeing it in motion, I'm not quite sold. It's flashy for sure though.
Oct 17, 2016 9:39 AM

Jul 2010
That wasn't really all that funny. Got kinda bored halfway in, though I'm interested to see if it improves or not.
Oct 17, 2016 4:16 PM

Sep 2016
Hmm. The opening's okay, but I don't really like the ending, and the sparkles, loud colors, and zany/wild character designs are pretty distracting, but not that bad. I do like how lively it's trying to be, and I think it's working while not going too overboard except for the ending credit. Not really funny, but not really bad comedy, either. It's alright. I actually do see potential in this, so I'll stick with it for now.
Oct 20, 2016 4:49 AM

Jul 2012
Aaahhhhh this show...Was wild.

It went from super comedic to DARK AND INTENSE holy shit. I'm actually so excited to watch more bc of Juugo's backstory. I think it'll be a good show.

The voice cast is superb. Kakki and Uemura are killin' it.
Oct 21, 2016 12:35 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Better start than I thought it was going to have.

This seemed like this was going to be pretty yaoi at first, but luckily the guys are desperate for women.

I want to see more of the warden please, she was incredibly sexy!

Fun stuff so far.
Oct 22, 2016 6:54 AM

May 2016
God, so sparkly and vibrant. *.*

It's been okay so far. I don't have a problem with sticking around so far.
Oct 22, 2016 8:34 AM

May 2016
Todd_ said:
Better start than I thought it was going to have.

This seemed like this was going to be pretty yaoi at first, but luckily the guys are desperate for women.

I want to see more of the warden please, she was incredibly sexy!

Fun stuff so far.

Yaoi? I don't really see that, unless you're referring to the vibrant colors, colorful character designs, sparkles, having almost entirely only dudes seen so far (and attractive looking ones at that, whether adorable or handsome-looking), and how most of them have their fingernails painted, then I understand. lol
Oct 27, 2016 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
Sparklessssssssssss >:D
Oct 27, 2016 11:10 PM
Jan 2012
It wasn't that great. The premise is nice and is what got me to watch, but the characters aren't really that likable, and the humor is very dry and stale. The only thing that stands out is the character design, which seems like it's trying to pander to fujoshi a bit too much with all the characters and their hair designs and wacky colors.

It feels like another anime that tried to start off as one with a nontypical premise to get people to like it because of the constant stagnation the anime industry is going through, but it ends up being a bland gag anime. While being original is a good thing for anime, it doesn't guarantee it'll be good, just as being unoriginal doesn't always mean an anime will be crap.

It's not the worst, but it's definitely not great either. If you guys like it then good for you for finding another anime to watch, but for me I just can't like it. I'll probably give it another few episodes till I drop it just because this anime season is pretty terrible, but I don't see myself giving it more than a 4 or 5
Oct 31, 2016 4:03 AM

Jun 2013
This is another fujoshi bait series that a unicorn vomited rainbows on. I love colorful series but this is a tad too colorful. Jyugo saying that he likes men too was intentional and I'm sure the fujoshis bit that hook line and sinker.

Niko is such a fucking trap and Hajime's brother is another trap so I don't know why Niko was excited to see "her" when he could just look into a mirror and see a pretty girl all day long. Even the blue-haired guard looks like a girl. Uno could pass for a tall girl.

Still, Hajime Sugoroku is an awesome-looking character. Looks like Nanbaka applies to both prisoners and guards, that one guard running after them was dumb as fuck lol.
臭い-
Oct 31, 2016 10:15 PM

Jul 2015
Bibimbapski said:
This is another fujoshi bait series that a unicorn vomited rainbows on. I love colorful series but this is a tad too colorful. Jyugo saying that he likes men too was intentional and I'm sure the fujoshis bit that hook line and sinker.

Niko is such a fucking trap and Hajime's brother is another trap so I don't know why Niko was excited to see "her" when he could just look into a mirror and see a pretty girl all day long. Even the blue-haired guard looks like a girl. Uno could pass for a tall girl.

lmao Pretty much.
Nov 6, 2016 10:15 AM

Nov 2016
What the hell I saw ._.

The quirky style with glitter as fuck is fun. This is so cheap ! xD
Love this colorful anime !!
(But... Omg... Nico's voice and ending.... Horrible...)
Nov 6, 2016 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
What a really weird anime. Loud colors while forever sparkly with a ton of characters that have both sharp teeth, colorful fingernails, extreme hairdos (even when it comes to anime standards).

Hm.... I'll give it a go, just because it is that bizarre and I literally haven't seen something like this before.
Nov 11, 2016 7:20 PM

Jun 2009
First episode already this much fun, can't wait for more coming episodes
Nov 13, 2016 4:53 PM
Oct 2016
It's not really a discussion, but I think it's hilarious how they be subtle with their playful stereotypes.

Niko - Drug addict and loves anime: AMERICAN DESCENT Drugs? Anime? Those are two generally normal things or topics where I am in America.

Rock - Has a mohawk and long feather earings. Muscular, loves to eat, loves fighting and more or less mentally average. In comparison to the geniuses at the prison, extremely dull. AMERICAN DESCENT: The lightly tanned skin, crazy hair style and color plus the love for food, with everything else. Stereotyped like a boss.

Uno - British descent: Loves gambling and women, wears a hat and a long braid. Really into cards and the such. Not as stereotyped but it's still there.

Jyugo - Japanese. The "smart" or at least technology savvy one. I mean, he's a pretty unique character but his particular talent or skill introduced is stereotyped. Or maybe they don't think of themselves as smart in Japan... Well, we do.

It is obvious that some of these things were slightly formed off their descent, but they are still out there. I honestly think the writers didn't know a whole lot of Americans or British people, therefore making the one Japanese inmate in Cell 13 the most unique character.

I think this is hilarious!
Nov 23, 2016 3:47 PM
Nov 2016
I love this show..... That's all I can say❤️
Dec 14, 2016 3:43 PM
Jul 2016
So many traps in this anime. I'm not even sure if the warden is female at this point
Jan 6, 2017 11:54 PM

Sep 2009
The style really reminds me of older anime., especially with the colorful character designs.. But with funky androgynous bishounens.
MortalMelancholyJan 7, 2017 12:14 AM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 7, 2017 8:02 PM

Sep 2013
I liked this episode. The over the top characters and garish neon colors were lots of fun. I alos like how they don't even try to take themselves seriously and even point out that there's no reason that the dobermans would have poofed up and gotten tame all the sudden. It's just like, who cares if it's realistic? It's fun!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 9, 2017 2:19 PM

May 2012
Pretty hilarious and interesting start I must say! Really interesting concept and the characters just have such a fun personality :p Really looking forward to see what this anime will have to offer for a story! Let's see what happens next!

That OP & ED are just great!
Feb 3, 2017 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Everything is so glittery lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 13, 2017 7:35 AM

Jul 2013
I like it, it was very funny.
Mar 27, 2017 2:35 PM

Mar 2015
Huh not sure what to make of this but I'll keep watching
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 26, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
after watching the first few eps, i can say the comedy wasnt my cup of coffee. for the time being its a drop for me, pretty sure i wont pick it back up again in the future.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 9, 2019 9:42 PM

Apr 2009
LITERALLY EVERYTHING SPARKLES!!!

and apparently 15 likes boys too,
i wonder if that murderer will appear later, i can only guess what all those bleeps were..
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Oct 30, 2019 9:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
According to the first episode it's a really funny anime, I really like the art especially for the bright colors and chara design.
Dec 26, 2019 10:59 AM
Oct 2019
I’m just so confused by the sparkles. Also, the character designs are so over the top. Don’t get me wrong I really like the designs, but seeing from the op EVERY character design is over the top. It just seems excessive (also the sparkles). Since the characters are all unique I find it harder to remember their names and looks. Ironic, right? Not sure how I feel about the show so far, but I’m interested to see where it goes.
wuntunsDec 26, 2019 11:03 AM
Jan 18, 2020 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
"prisoner 69" nice
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Oct 8, 2020 10:08 PM

Apr 2020
aight I found my new anime to binge, that OP is for sure catchy!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2016

57 by jumbosan »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2016

87 by jumbosan »»
Dec 6, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2016

58 by Hyakkin »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

40 by StateofOhayo »»
Aug 25, 2022 8:21 AM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

61 by StateofOhayo »»
Aug 25, 2022 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.