Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 18, 2015 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ichii_1 said:
YOOOOOOOOOOO

AINZ is an anagram of NAZI

:O :O :O

Now just decipher the other two words.

Okay :P

ichii_1Jun 7, 2016 12:01 PM
Sep 18, 2015 12:59 PM

Sep 2014
I want a second season :( I like this anime so much.

So Shalltear really is that strong? I always thought Albedo would be the strongest (not knowing about Pandoras Actor ^^ )
since Shalltear was "only" guardian of a mid level floor? Considering her to be that strong, a real fight between her and Albedo could have been pretty bad :o

I just thought that Ainz was scared that maybe the other NPCs could also be mind controlled, but he really fears that Albedo could lose? wow. Never ever expected that.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 18, 2015 1:12 PM
Oct 2011
ichii_1 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Okay :P

Found this meaning of Ainz :)
http://www.whatstandfor.com/meaning-definition-of/ainz

Putting the Japanese kanji for OOAL in google translate XD
I got WOOL :O
Which fits since one of Ainz's summons is described having goat hoof.
http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Young
Also the biped sheep.

Gown is outer garment
It symbolizes faithfulness, purity, ranking etc... which fit with the nazarick npc's

Ainz = Nazi

Ooal = Wool

Gown= Gown

------
Taking everything into account, it's a group that has sworn loyalty to Ainz Ooal Gown no matter what, whether it's good or evil intentions the will follow it like sheep and Nazis.
The Supreme Beings also fit with the Nazi theme, since the Nazi's thought of themselves as a superior master race.
The ranking of he npc's also fall in line with the meaning of gown (ranking), as we see later on in vol 7 when everyone in Nazarick is lined up according to rank.
Very fitting and accurate considering what we have seen so far.

You may begin praising me now :)

lololololol I dont even.....ah yes your reward, here have an entoma

You deserve it.
barmarJan 19, 2016 8:55 AM
Sep 18, 2015 4:27 PM

Oct 2011
Shaltear NOOO
Sep 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Dec 2010
Lmao, Ains' naming sense is weird XD Also loved Pandora's Actor <3 That scene between him and Ains was hilarious XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 12:14 AM

Jun 2010
Ozuka said:
Sourire said:
The transition from guild meeting to that dude getting killed by Momon's crew was badly executed. Felt rushed too. This is going from an 8 to a 7 real quick.

Well i wouldn't even have cared if they didn't include that part since with the adjustments it seems pretty useless (not that that scene very important to begin with)

I just wanted to see Nigredo...

Jesus Christ it was one of the best scene of the LN and it dissapeared in a smoke screen... I'm doomed.

There is just so much content to be fit in 13 episodes... so its not really surprising those scenes didn't make it. They had to cut many things already if we want to see Shalltears showdown anytime this season. But in truth I'm kind of angry and I think Overlord deserved a full fared season at 24-26 episodes though to fit everything. Its a shame so much is wasted at this point.

Sep 19, 2015 9:33 AM

Dec 2010
...oh God that voice actor

...just beat the shit out of the extra characters

...OP characters ...OP magic ...OP item ...OP everywhere
Sep 19, 2015 10:13 PM

Feb 2014
The giant hamster didn't say anything and he stole the show yet again xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2015 12:15 AM

Mar 2012
Oh okabe, I've missed you.

Albedo + ainz part was great.
Sep 20, 2015 3:10 AM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ichii_1 said:
YOOOOOOOOOOO

AINZ is an anagram of NAZI

:O :O :O

Trivia: Ainz sounds like "Eins" in German which means "One". Ooal Gown sounds like "All Gone" in English. Therefore, Ainz Ooal Gown means "One - All Gone" which suprisingly fits the story.
Sep 20, 2015 2:00 PM

Jun 2014
Shalltear's transformation was very disappointing.
She gave off a mad werewolf aura instead of an elegant vampire.
Sep 20, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2008
GrimorumInvoke said:

That was the point. It's a racial weakness duh
Sep 20, 2015 8:40 PM

Dec 2013
SchwingBoner said:

So Pandora's Actor is younger Ainz's idea of a cool character. Kinda funny how he was so embarrassed about it.

Never thought I'd see Ainz lose his cool upon learning about the world item. His talk with Albedo was quite emotional. Ainz vs Shalltear should be good.

this scene got me good, ainz had that green thing that makes his emotions go away on repeat with pandora's actor lameness XDDDD
Sep 20, 2015 9:27 PM
Oct 2011
GrimorumInvoke said:
That was because of blood frenzy,Shalltear herself doesn't use that form too often, nor is she fond of it.Well this is how the LN describes True Vampires btw.Sorry for no sparkling Edwardos':

barmarSep 20, 2015 9:50 PM
Sep 21, 2015 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
Ozuka said:
Sourire said:
The transition from guild meeting to that dude getting killed by Momon's crew was badly executed. Felt rushed too. This is going from an 8 to a 7 real quick.

Well i wouldn't even have cared if they didn't include that part since with the adjustments it seems pretty useless (not that that scene very important to begin with)

Oh please, it wasn't a 'hasty transition' or anything.

We knew from the beginning that Momonga was considered to be the highest tier of adventurer or 'Hero' tier. The plates really mean nothing to him, so it goes without saying that those Mithril plate adventurers were nothing as well.

Getting rid of a few Mithril adventurers is just like taking out the trash for Momonga, which is why there wasn't any 'build-up' in-between.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 21, 2015 5:41 AM

Nov 2010
Woah woah woah, what happened...?

One moment Ains is in his Momon form, alone, telling that adventurer "You can follow me, but you'll die", next moment he's in the woods in his regular form together with Guardians, saying "I told you so".

Other than that, episode was satisfactory.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 21, 2015 5:43 AM

Apr 2008
Aurioch said:
Woah woah woah, what happened...?

One moment Ains is in his Momon form, alone, telling that adventurer "You can follow me, but you'll die", next moment he's in the woods in his regular form together with Guardians, saying "I told you so".

Other than that, episode was satisfactory.

There was quite a bit that was skipped out from the novel in regards to that sadly
Sep 21, 2015 6:42 AM

Nov 2010
Darklight0303 said:
There was quite a bit that was skipped out from the novel in regards to that sadly

Pfff. Typical Madhouse. Now they only have to modify an ending of S1 so that it screws with S2...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 21, 2015 7:07 AM
Oct 2011
Aurioch said:
Darklight0303 said:

Pfff. Typical Madhouse. Now they only have to modify an ending of S1 so that it screws with S2...
Well if you put it that way,they already sort of modified a lot like not introducing Nigredo ,Shalltear not wearing her armour when Ainz finds her and some more.
I doubt they'd change anything major in the final episode even if they have no plans to make a new season.Maybe not mention the Lizardmen and end it with that, but you never know.
barmarSep 21, 2015 7:13 AM
Sep 21, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
thewhitesea said:
The moment Pandora's Actor spoke I fucking knew it was Mamoru Miyano. I was on the couch crying from laughing so hard because Actor may as well have been Tsukiyama different outfit.

OMG. I-Is that you HOUOUIN KYOUMA??!! :OOOO
And yeah, he reminds me of Shuu too XD
Laughed way too hard at this XD
Oh I just love Miyano's voice casting these type of roles :D

Oh Shalltear is second strongest after Ains :OO
I thought it'd be Albedo.
Sep 21, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2013
FinalFlash18 said:

Oh Shalltear is second strongest after Ains :OO
I thought it'd be Albedo.

I don't think she's the second strongest, but she is strong enough to take care of yourself and even Albedo is not able to overcome her that easy.. but would be a fair fight i guess.
Ainz just wants to secure the Victory and his following Plan to rescue her, because i still think she'll come back!
I wonder if the Maids could fight the Guardians in Fact they are all Pretty Strong - aren't they?
Sep 21, 2015 9:47 PM
Oct 2011
Vious said:

I wonder if the Maids could fight the Guardians in Fact they are all Pretty Strong - aren't they?
Nah the maids don't stand a chance, maybe with Lastborn of pleiades they do who is supposed to be very powerful and an immortal,but we don't know much about her in the LN yet.

Well if you count the butlers then Sebas should be on par with Shalltear maybe even stronger.
barmarSep 21, 2015 10:10 PM
Sep 22, 2015 11:26 PM

Mar 2013
Pandora's actor was so damn amusing. That scene with Albedo though... She's cute.
Sep 25, 2015 2:08 AM

Dec 2012
Ainz x Albedo, this scene was so good. Albedo showed is vulnerable side and as usual Ainz was badass.
Pandora's actor was funny and his seiyuu is great !
Oct 6, 2015 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
This was cool and funny. Cool.
Oct 6, 2015 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
I have a feeling feels are incoming...

Making Shalltear Ainz's opponent was a cool idea. Since Ainz proves over and over again he is leagues ahead of everyone in strength, why not give him a real challenge by making him fight one of his comrades?

a nice, rather sentimental episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 9, 2015 7:40 AM

May 2012
Okay episode, let's see what the last two will offer us.
Oct 11, 2015 9:49 AM

Feb 2013
Talking talking and more talking. I hope the action being setup will be worth it.
Oct 17, 2015 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
Oh boy, that moment you find back something very shameful you did when you were younger... Lord Ainz-sama know that feel.

Ainz kinda failed as a leader though, by letting one of his lieutenant get corrupted. He can't really kill Shalltear, because that would prove he can't protect the one close to him.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 21, 2015 5:21 PM

Oct 2008
Ainz messed-up because he didn't completely collected all of the World-Items.
LOL at Ainz & VA Miyano Mamoru "Whoa! He's so lame!" of course he is because that is the way you created his personality! haha!
5/5.

Oct 30, 2015 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
Mostly a build up episode, but I liked it. Pandora Actor was the star of the episode. Mamoru Miyano is in his best when he voices hammy characters, and God if Pandora actor is one, for a moment I though that I was hearing Tsukiyama, lol.

When Ainz and Albedo were in the treasure chamber with the world level items and Ainz mention his former comrades, I thought how interesting would be that Ainz could find a former player of Yggdrasil in that new world. I really want to know how other people have reacted to the new situation, and I don't think that Ainz was the only guy that was connected in the game when the game transported him to the new world.
I don't think however that any of his comrades it is in the new world, as he mention in the first episode that the slime guy whom he talks at the beginning was the last of the guild to talk with him and the rest of the guild except 4 members left it without told him nothing.

But I doubt that in this season we could find any player, taking into account that the battle with Shalltear will when the anime ends.
Nov 26, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
So far it's been a breeze, and strong emotions were a mirage, but now things getting serious. Previously he had sensed the danger of the situation, I am curious to find out who's behind all this. Funny enough contexts comedians in the narrative, Momonga is a really successful. Step immediately to the next episode.
Dec 20, 2015 5:44 PM

May 2013
Igvarge just dies, lol.
Pandora's Actor was freakin' hilarious as fuck.
Aww, Albedo's crying. (T_T)
Damn, Ainz will kill Shalltear.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 10, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
No matter how much of a bad character the adventure is depicted as in the light novels, from the perspective of Ainz, he simply kills several people who were innocent for quite a selfish reason (and even makes that elf guy kill the last one. Well, his servants aren't much more than puppets anyway). Nothing does excuse or forgive these actions, let's face it, Ainz is officially an asshole now (by the definition of "kills innocent people"). Quite funny how a lot of people here are willing to overlook this fact just because they like Ainz so much :-P

Well, my opinion of the show so far: A series only made with the idea of wish-fulfillment behind it. Some people just relate more a real badass, somewhat-merciless protagonist, for the others, we have SAO xD

If Ainz' lack of humanity would be properly dealt with as a topic, it might have become interesting as a series, but as it is, the series is just a "things I wished that happened in my life" by xxx_dragon_slayer_99_xxx :-P
Jan 12, 2016 4:04 PM

Mar 2010
Shalltear is now somehow the top dog.. wtf

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 18, 2016 1:13 AM

Apr 2009
barmar said:
Well Pandoras Actor was the only saving grace here.

Why couldn't they just do this to Vol 2 and properly adapt vol 3. While the PA scene was ok(being generous) the rest...yea where do I even begin.If you thought the Anime was a mediocre/dumbed down version of the LN fear no more now it's time for butchering.

On the bright side they have 2 episodes for the fight.I guess thats what they were going for.

Good thing I did decide to start reading the LN soon then :p

Jan 19, 2016 7:55 AM

Feb 2010
Pandora's Actor/10, seriously he is too badass and saved this episode.

Saw all the comments above made me want to read LN too

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 19, 2016 8:53 AM
Oct 2011
Go for it you guys,no need to hold back ;
Jan 22, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
lmfao he's so embarrassed by pandora.
Feb 7, 2016 1:52 AM
Jul 2014
So, a vampire is a user of holy magic? WTF? I just can't process that.
Apr 24, 2016 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
Is it really necessary to kill Shaltear? No matter what, it's gonna be Momonga's lost because that would mean losing the second strongest warrior in Nazarick. Hmmm.. I wonder who used a world item and did that to Shaltear? It's probably another player from Yggdrasil.
May 2, 2016 8:03 PM

Feb 2013
Pandora is so hilarious.
Jun 5, 2016 2:13 AM

Dec 2012
Nabe so cute with bunny ears.

Of course its Mamoru. lol

If only Ainz kissed Albedo after promising her that he would return.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 15, 2016 8:10 AM

Feb 2016
Most funniest character thus far - the one who's in charge of the finances. Also we are able to get a glimpse of how the other players characters looked like as well as some background story. Ainz sure is enjoying albedo's obsession over him.
Jul 15, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
What, Shalltear is that strong? I thought the stronger guardians are on the higher floors and since she's on the first, second and third one...
Aug 11, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 2016
when i completed this EP i thinked about there is 2 more episodes to watch and said fuck it is gonna end why it is gotta be 13 episodes for fuck sake ...... :(
Aug 17, 2016 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
Pandora's actor was frigging hilarious haha. Mamoru too good.
Ainz and Albedo's scene was really good <3
Looking forward to seeing some of those items in action and more Ainz BA!
Oct 3, 2016 8:21 PM

Aug 2016
This episode is kinda special.
The Albedo and Ainz scene was quite emotional.
Alebedo's affection toward Ainz is hearth-warming.
Oct 11, 2016 2:31 AM

Jun 2013
Wenn es meines Gottes Wille ist!!!!!
Nov 29, 2016 4:07 PM
Nov 2016
must be nice to get bumped up to mithril after one quest... haaaah!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

331 by MrList »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

242 by jesuscris01 »»
Jun 16, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

370 by HayiaSarah »»
Jun 13, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2015

240 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

433 by BlackSummoner826 »»
May 30, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.