Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2016 8:01 AM
Apr 2016
Hate how in the movie and this episode they only hint at Anaru's and Jintan's relationship not properly confirm it.
Apr 24, 2016 3:15 AM

Mar 2016
I can't remember the last time I cried so much

wow that was intense

Menma will be missed
May 1, 2016 5:38 AM

Dec 2014
ok my good how can one be so pure.... menma..... sob sob
May 17, 2016 12:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In this last episode "truth" comes out. The feelings are overflowing. The drama takes over the screen. the true desire is discovered. The summary of the series would be "The Chou Heiwa Busters are mentally too fucked up".

--
En este último episodio "la verdad" sale a relucir. Los sentimientos se desbordan. El dramatismo se apodera de la pantalla. Se descubre el verdadero deseo. El resumen de la serie sería "Los Chou Heiwa Busters están mentalmente muy jodidos".
May 21, 2016 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
Farewell Menma, I will never forget you!
Poppo I will never forgive you, don't forget it!
May 26, 2016 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
Hah, they found you menma...

Anyways, that was good anime I've ever watch and it made me really sad...

8/10
Jun 12, 2016 10:34 PM

Mar 2016
final perfeito, muito trite quase chorei
Jun 13, 2016 9:23 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man im weak af when its about goodbyes with someone dead. ;-;
some stuff here and here that annoyed me at some moments but it was, overall, a great watch.
8.5/10
DatRandomDudeJun 13, 2016 9:30 PM
Jun 21, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2016
I have never went beyond tearing up in any show or movie I have ever watched in my life.

Today, tears streamed down my cheek for the first time when I saw the letters left for the super peace busters.

9/10

I never thought a day like this would come. Farewell, Menma T-T
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Jun 24, 2016 3:42 PM

Jul 2015
Noooo, Menma! AHH this last episode had me bawling my eyes out, at that scene when they were alone at night, and the very end. I was really clinging on to the hope that some how, SOME HOW, Menma would've been brought back to life (her ghost turning into her real body). Dangit. I really hope that that group of friends won't separate.

10/10

caught in the wonder
Jun 30, 2016 4:48 PM

Mar 2014
So, I've finally finished the so called "classical masterpiece", and wow... are you people serious?

I fail to see what's so incredibly tear jerker inducing about this series. Seriously. Watching the characters interact with each other felt like watching paint dry.

Menma is an annoying brat bitch who looks and sounds like a loli (no offense, Ai Kayano, I still like you), the otaku MC is as bland as an otaku main character can get, Anjou/Anaru is completely anal (get it?), Poppo is fat, rich guy has some serious cross dressing issues and the glasses girl is cold and mysterious. Seriously, that's all there is to these characters. Or wait, they have occasional emotional outbursts twice-thrice every episode and there's sad music, that totally changes everything, amirite? No, it doesn't, it's still a sappy melodrama. Fucking christ, I thought they were going to kill me there with their try hard "CRY THEN" techniques.

1/10 NOT EVEN THE CUP WITH THE SWEDISH FLAG COULD SAVE THIS PIECE OF SHIT
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 2, 2016 6:29 PM
Jan 2012
Liked the final. 2011 have good crop the animes.
Liked the messages of menma and beautiful final.
I hope see the movie in the next month.
Short anime and big emotions.
Revelations of popo,Tsuruko and Analu make me a cryed. The final cryed,but not much.
So happy have the time to farewell accordingly. Very good the everyone liked menma.
Jul 15, 2016 12:43 PM
Mar 2016
cried much at the end of this masterpiece..
very nice anime.. one of my favorites ^^
10/10 of course :")
Jul 15, 2016 6:14 PM

Jun 2016
When everyone admitted their selfish desires in order to properly give Menma a farewell and she appeared to everyone I cried so much

My heart is aching a lot~ such a rollercoaster of feels!

So much human emotions and empathy/sympathy I can relate to all the characters - jealousy, love, selfishness but they all come to terms to themselves which makes the ending even better
Sep 1, 2016 9:51 PM

Aug 2016
but the real question is did anaru finally get laid
Sep 15, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2015
Thought I would go through this entire tearjerker anime without even a single bit of moisture, but (thankfully ?) the scene with the parting letters had my eyes watering.
Yhe hide and seek game was neither here nor there though, and the characters cried way too much during the shrine scene, it got me to cringe a bit.
The ending was called for and I had long before guessed that Menma's "wish" was something along the line of Jinta's mother saying "Take care of him for me".

Overall it was an enjoyable marathon, even if the inconsistencies surrounding Menma's condition really bothered me. The characters were good, definitely the strength of the show, although I could've done with less love interests between them.

7/10
Sep 27, 2016 7:13 PM

Apr 2013
WE FOUND YOU.

8/10.
Nov 13, 2016 4:23 AM
Jun 2015
OVERRATED AF . Omfg who can be so stupid to compare other drama animes to this SHITTTTTTT !!!!????!!!!..????
Nov 13, 2016 2:54 PM
Mar 2009
I loved the ending song. I've been watching "sad" anime lately and this was the first one I tried since a lot of people say it's good. It had its moments.
Nov 22, 2016 11:39 PM

Sep 2015
Omg that beautiful. I loved how they all told us other everything they did wrong thinking that was the reason Menma couldn't rest in peace.

I was actually expecting her to be gone and leaving the letters but everyone else got a chance to hear and see her as the real thing. This anime legit made me cri a bit. Sayonara one day I will Come back to rewatch! So wait for me Menma! Very beautiful anime. I'm glad I binge it within a couple hours.
Dec 7, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
So my friend had told me about an episode of this show where it was literally just everyone sitting around crying ... and well, guess it was this one >_< Yeah not gonna lie, it was kind of cringey to watch, but turns out Tsuruko was jealous of Anaru not Menma! :O Poppo's outburst was kind of out of character to me, I guess he felt guilty about not doing anything but being that depressed about it all these years ...? Eh, I'm not feeling it. Everyone confesses they just wanted Menma to pass on out of selfishness ... glad that was out there at least. Finally some progress. Menma's promise was to make Jinta cry, made to his mom, and well looks like she was successful ... that's what she wanted to ask everyone about anyway, but then Anaru and Yukiatsu wanted to make Jinta confess and Tsuruko knew and ... whew! Anyway Menma writes her final words to everyone (confessing her love to Jinta as well) and finally disappears. God I'm not gonna lie that last scene with everyone looking for her and shouting was soooo ham fisted and cringey >_< Oh well, at least the ending was decent and everyone ended up making peace with it looks like! Shame we didn't see what happened later on, no pairings confirmed ... but oh well, at least they didn't end it terribly XD

Eh overall it was a decent watch with good music and (mostly) great animation. Characters were not bad - I definitely liked most of the development, even if that meant that everyone was just stubborn :P The plot was ... meh, I mean, I still can't get over that 8 episode waste of denying Menma's existence >_< At least the ending was pretty good. I just felt that it was overly hamfisted at times, but it was an enjoyable watch even with the cringe. It was a good at showing how different people cope with loss, and well, it wasn't as great as it was made out to be but at least it wasn't bad! 8/10
Dec 17, 2016 6:12 PM

Aug 2016
I freaking bawled....I don't know what to do with my life anymore
I'm so miserable now..
Wonder if Jinta ends up with Anjou
WHen he said they were becoming adults I felt left behind...
Like one of the biggest feels train ever :(
Dec 20, 2016 9:38 PM

Jan 2016
Bye.. Bye.. Menma...
Jan 1, 2017 1:16 AM

Sep 2013
There is one thing I don't understand.

What's the flower referred to in the title? IS there any significance?
The nice little white flower symbolism pops up here and there, but..
I dungeddit.
Jan 14, 2017 11:23 AM
Jun 2015
An amazing anime and an amazing ending! I loved how it was all for Menma being able to rest in piece but also for Jintan and also sort of for everyone else as well. Although RIP Menma... The last scene definitely got me good- Props to the writers and animators! In general, I thought it was excellently written and animated!
Jan 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Apr 2015
A Masterpiece Indeed
Mar 18, 2017 8:05 PM
Jul 2016
If we exclude the time you cried as a baby because of everything or when as a child when you´re so sensitive to pain and all... This is the second time I´ve ever cried of overwhelming emotion. First was at my big sisters funeral 3 years ago and now.

From when Menma was lying on the floor when Jinta came to get her, to her final words I was holding it in if only barely, my mouth was trembling. The music, the words said, the panic, the desperation to the final good bye´s... So tough. But it was during the credits it finally got to me, beautiful song and lyrics and I think just because I can relate that I couldn´t hold it anymore.

I´m one though mf to break, but I´m glad I cried if only for like a good minute, because this anime diserved it. Not the best anime I´ve seen overall in terms of emotions I´ve felt watching, but definitely the strongest one to hit me.

I wanted it to be longer so don´t know if giving it a 9/10 instead of 10/10 just because of that is fair enough? I can only compare to my mild experience so far where it´s by far the most emotional, realistic, relatable, mature, evolving etc I´ve seen... So logically I should give it a 10 then. Hmm... Well, I think I´ll give it a 9 and then most certainly give the movie a 10 just for what it fills in to compensate for what I felt the anime was missing. So the movie rating will be the "true" score for the movie & anime as a whole. Works for me ;)
HilariumosisJun 5, 2017 6:59 PM
Apr 4, 2017 5:18 AM
Jan 2012
Oh geez, I made such a mess crying like a baby... I am going to give it a 10/10 out of enjoyment and emotional attachment to the characters.

Bye, bye Menma.
May 29, 2017 11:31 AM
Aug 2016
What a beautiful ending. . Menma we will miss you. M lots of tearing up moment especially the letters. Wish that after all that confessions there was atleast one couple of of it. Sorry we really hoping for him to realize she was gone and have feelings for anjou
Jun 19, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
It was a beautiful Anime. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I secretly wanted her to be reincarnated and to be with everyone, but what would be "cheesy and cliche". However, the opposite is also cliche :P

Anyway, loved it.

Jul 8, 2017 11:13 AM
May 2013
This is the last anime i've given a 9.

It happened back in early 2012. Not a single show after that has deserved this score, which is meant only for the shows that changed my life. Gurren Lagann came the closest (i'd give it a 8.5 if we had those decimal points) but not quite there. I gave a 9 to EoE but that was a movie.

I just finished rewatching Anohana for the third time and I still teared up. Like, man. Why does a show like this only come up like twice every decade?

I've often considered moving a few 8s to the 9 range and dropping a couple of 9s to the 8 range, and this show was included. It's been so long since I last rewatched it that I was starting to feel that maybe it wasn't all that amazing.

Glad I was wrong. I'll never lose sight of which my favorites are and how much they impacted me. I'm even thinking of giving the live-action a try, and I absolutely despised the one live-action movie I watched.

Anohana forever.
Jul 11, 2017 11:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Simply an astonishing, breathtaking and tear-jerking ride albeit it’s numerous flaws! I believe those words are just about right to describe this entire sensational series, despite some certain aggravating flaws which slightly proves to be a hindrance. My favorite character of the show goes hands-down to Poppo for enduring the most guilt, or maybe second after Jinta, and for remaining the strongest character by not letting his emotions take the better of him until the inevitable end. As for the whole Characters, in general, I found it rather intriguing how almost each and every character introduced felt some guilt behind Menma's tragic death and in the end gaining salvation once and for all from that blame. However, it was clearly evident that Menma was this 'just too special kind of a girl' that everyone would remember even after 10 years and do note that they were children. Despite how tragic and mortally excruciating it is for a friend's death, day-to-day life problems catches up and this seems to be neglected by this show. You might think I'm contradicting myself here since I said I found it to be intriguing but I didn't really feel that the show got it entirely right because of the reasons I mentioned above but I didn't really mind them too much. Atsumu, on the other hand, was my least favorite character of the show because I felt that his hatred towards Jinda was overestimated and therefore slightly bothersome and this can also be related to Menma's mother to a certain extent only though. Furthermore, towards the beginning of the show I felt that the character interactions grew authentic which is a "Wait. How come?" kind of expression. Nevertheless, it was still satisfactory and great. What really got to me however was that there turned out to be forced love interests and this really made the whole thing a mess. I’m a Romance fan through and through but I don’t like when shows introduce forced relationships just to get the plot moving. On this regard, it felt really stupid and unnecessary. Another notable feature of the series goes to the flawless A-1 Pictures Animation and stunning Music for it created the perfect environment for this setting and for the storyline. Speaking of the Storyline, I felt it was slightly poor in comparison to the other features of the show and that was slightly disappointing. Even during the show, in some of the episodes you'll realize that a couple of episodes or so in the middle are somewhat repeated and therefore this slightly drags the shows progress down. Nonetheless, the show manages to pick up from that cache in its earlier stage so that's great.
Overall, it was a great show but with numerous flaws. Hence, my rating for this show comes down to a well-earned 7.5/10 which rounds off to a 8. Maybe some years down the line, I might decrease it to a 7 but for now, 8 does the trick.
_MushiRock11_Mar 30, 2018 7:25 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 17, 2017 12:57 PM

Dec 2015
I cried a lot when they all finally saw her
I giving it 10/10 ❤️
Jul 18, 2017 3:41 AM

Sep 2016
amazinggg the tears oh my goddess this show will always keep a special place within my soul and heart much lovee
Facta Non Verba
Jul 21, 2017 8:19 AM

Dec 2015
I cried... I fucking cried. What a feelscoaster ending; the relatively tame build up from ep 1-7 was worth every tear.

Probably my favourite ED to date.
Prim3Jul 21, 2017 8:27 AM
~
Jul 21, 2017 3:58 PM

Aug 2015
That was an amazing ride. Great show, 10/10.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Jul 24, 2017 9:47 AM

May 2016
This anime and Your Lie in April were the saddest feeltrips I've ever gone on ;~; I either welled up some tears or cried my ass off throughout lol

Just when I thought that them admitting their ulterior motives were emotional enough, Poppo dropped the line that he was a witness to Menma's death and broke down making me end up crying along with them... Good thing Anaru's fake eyelashes got loose~

It was quite the twist that Menma's wish was to make Jinta let out his bottled emotions and gathering everyone for ideas. As crazy as they looked while running around the woods and screaming, seeing them desperately look for her while she wrote letters for them was kinda emotional.

I really lost it when they started reading the letters and even more so when they finally saw Menma for the first and last time... Every passing second in that scene I just cried harder and harder. Menma talking to all 5 of them with Secret Base playing was a heart-crushing combination.

I'm happy that she finally rest in peace without anyone having regrets in the end and that addition written beside the carving was a great last shot. I just hope Menma got to reincarnate into someone the Super Peace Busters will get to meet~

Sep 30, 2017 12:11 AM
May 2017
While the ending definitely gave me the feels and couldn't help but laugh a little. There was just so much screaming and crying it almost took me out of it. Overall, I thought this was good series but I didn't really find it all that special so I was left slightly disappointed. I probably wouldn't watch it again however I would still recommend it.

I give it a 7/10.
Oct 4, 2017 7:47 PM

Feb 2017
Rewatched it in DUBbed and it's still really great, voice acting is not as good as sub(duh),but it still delivers in important emotional parts... It also reminds me of why I have this show on my top ten, I'm going to rewatch the movie as well. Hopefully one day, we get an OVA of them fully into their adulthood and see how their doing... I rate 8/8
TrebolzOct 19, 2017 6:57 AM

Nov 16, 2017 10:04 AM

May 2016
Ah man, that was a short ride, Menma I already knew she would die because of fucking spoilers damn. I cried so hard damn man. 9/10
Nov 22, 2017 12:22 AM
Sep 2016
Im kinda pissed at the ending.The resolution to the main problem was perfect,menma got her wish,a proper goodbye and and went to heaven.Heres the thing that pissed me off the more it really settled in my head: why did they leave off their relationships with loose ends?!?I really hate that.It just hurts me a bit in my chest knowing that the characters dont seem all that happy by the end.I hate that,even though it mightve happened,Anaru ending up with jintan is not solidified and the same goes for the other two. I wish we wouldve got more development in that aspect.They shouldve shown us the cast in the future when they are finally happy and settled;maybe even had kids.It sucks that its so open like that,it just feels like the story was cut a bit short for me and leaves an annoyingly sad/bitter/frustrating sense of dissatisfaction.Its like having a rock in your shoe,it may only be a small problem but it makes sure to remind you its there every time you think about it.If not for that,this show would be a ten for me.Its a great show but those loose ends drag it down for me. Its a strong 8 imo. Sorry for rambling but I really need to express my frustration somewhere or else it wouldve bothered me forever.
SIX_PAINSNov 22, 2017 12:27 AM
Dec 6, 2017 2:04 PM

Nov 2016
This was the third anime I watched. Gave it an 8/10 but I think a 7 is more appropriate after a rewatch and being far more experienced with the medium. It tried to be too melodramatic and ended up being rather cringe worthy. The animation is rather nice though with a peaceful OST and pretty good characters.

In the end I feel like Toradora and Shigatsu did melodrama a lot better.
Dec 9, 2017 3:56 AM
Apr 2014
I guess they solved it. It was nice that everybody was able to see her at the end. Can't say I enjoyed the entire ride though. The middle part was getting pretty annoying. But then again I think Drama simply isn't for me. At least combine it properly with romance or anything. This was just kids being angry at each other for 11 episodes.

Srsly the only I'm feeling sorry for is Poppo. He had to watch one of his friends die while being too scared to help and probably didn't tell anybody about that until that point. I was wondering why he dropped out of school and traveled around the world but didn't think anything like that would have been the reason. Must have been pretty rough.

And while we are at it anyway I'm kinda disappointed we didn't find out what happened exactly. I mean apparently it wasn't and important point of the story but I still would have liked to know. Poppo only saw her once she was in the river after all. But what did really happen at that day? We only know Jintan ran away, a few were following him and Yukiatsu told Menma he loved her. After that it's absolutely unclear what was going on.

Well. The start was nice and the end, too. Without the middle part I'd give it a pretty good score but as I said I'm not a big fan of this kind of drama so I'll avoid rating it at all.
Dec 13, 2017 2:48 PM
Nov 2017
Crying loads is an understatement for this anime
11/10
Dec 26, 2017 1:31 AM

Aug 2017
I don’t like this anime and the characters at all. I am a very emotional person and I cry for every sad animes but I did not cry at all for this anime.

3/10
Jan 6, 2018 4:26 AM

May 2015
Come to think of it "Super Peace Busters" sounds like a villain group. I mean busting peace in a superly way.
Jan 7, 2018 11:53 AM

Jan 2018
I seriously cried in the episode :(

MASTERPIECE!!!
Feb 4, 2018 3:33 PM
Dec 2014
Yup. Just finished, cried like a bitch.
Feb 13, 2018 6:33 AM
Dec 2016
I was enjoying the ending with everyone just being honest and stuff. But the second part after they look for Menma is just so... forced. The way she disappears but then appears again... almost eleven episodes of plot-establishing she is a Jintan-only presence thrown away felt incredibly frustrating to me.

Also, I have three complaints about this series:

1. How NO ONE decided to go to a psychologist is beyond me. In fact, how NO ONE addressed this subject until her reappearance is also extremely bothersome.

2. She is a physical entity. Why didn't she or Jintan, for once, thought about communicating before? It's so obvious. "Menma's here. Oh, you want proof? Okay, Menma, just move that chair". Viola. But NO

3. It's an add-on of 3, really; there was a scene Jintan's father went in his room and Menma was sleeping on the bed. Which means Jintan's father saw the bed sheets floating (above Menma, who he can't see) but JUST DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT. This man must've gone some terrible stuff, like Nam or Okinawa, to not care about that.
Feb 19, 2018 4:02 PM
Jun 2017
Holy shit that was an awesome anime and I feel like they executed the melodrama really well, along with the right amount of romance. Also, for the people that disliked the ending, I thought the ending was one of the best. It was a happy ending as everyone got to see Menma and both sides got to say their final good-byes. The small bit after Menma disappearing was not ambiguous as to what happened to the relationships between the characters, as some people complained. Jinta giving the handkerchief back to Anaru signified that he finally moved on from Menma, because the handkerchief represented Anaru's feelings of love toward Jinta, and by giving it back, it shows that he reciprocates those feelings now. Also with Yukiatsu and Tsuruko, Tsuruko had the old hairpin that Yukiatsu tried to give Menma before she died, which meant that Yukiatsu, realizing Tsuruko's feelings for him, also moved on from Menma. I didn't feel that Yukiatsu and Jinta both moving on from Menma was sad in any way, because Menma wanted them to stop carrying burdens from the past and move forward with their lives, and I felt that the last scene signified this step forward.
Pages (25) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AnoHana - favourite characters

tsubagakure - Sep 18

6 by someguy »»
Sep 20, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

437 by OrenPlayz »»
Sep 12, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

390 by IzanaSolos »»
Aug 18, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

330 by IzanaSolos »»
Aug 18, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

425 by IzanaSolos »»
Aug 17, 9:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.