Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 7, 2011 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
index...she really ruins everything.
Mar 8, 2011 9:31 AM
Jun 2010
lol i loved the index vs misaka moment. Misaka is all dere, and index is all upright and says what she thinks exactly with no shame XD
Mar 8, 2011 9:32 AM
Jun 2010
Blutspender said:
Notice how the culprit is nearly always a woman and always gets beaten up by Touma...

Yup, its always Toma, a really FIT woman, and Tomas right fist doing the "fisting"
Mar 9, 2011 1:51 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, the barely-dressed magician ran off and the "stab sword" was a fake. He still managed to punch her though, so at least could do what he does best. =P

Mikoto and Touma's parents meeting aws great as well. They all though she was her sister. xD

Apr 7, 2011 11:08 AM

Mar 2011
Ahahaha.....Touma and Mikoto's parents meeting was hilarious. I love it when Mikoto's mum sugests she uses her 'appeal' much to Mikotos disgusst!

And im loving Index in the Cheerleaders outfit...mmmmmm......!
Apr 18, 2011 9:06 AM

Feb 2011
oriana getting punched by touma drops my expectation to her.. it's such a lame way to defeat such a badass character with just a punch, <.<

i like the scene where the parents of mikoto and touma met
it's about time that misaka should know about index and touma :P
Feb 12, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
tinman21 said:
pffft, I shouldn't have been eating during this part..

I KNEW i wasnt the only one who noticed that, i had this strong desire to put the glasses on him.

Apr 26, 2012 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
Index vs. Mikoto is awesome; that would be a hard decision for me... Index would probably win, but Mikoto's mom is hot. Just wait a bit and Mikoto will look like that... and she looks fine already as it is...
May 26, 2012 11:25 AM

Jul 2011
haha can anyone else not help but hold back the laughter whenever Touma punches a Woman. Anyway I enjoyed the ep being a misaka fan and all, but I feel like they might be turning her into too much of a stereotypical anime character. Hopefully I'm just imagining things
Jul 7, 2012 10:55 PM

Jun 2012
How can Oriana run so fast with that giant thing she is carrying around? Or is it that Toma and Tsuchimikado are really slow? Cause she isn’t even breathing hard or breaking a sweat at all.

Lol, I like how Toma talked about himself in third person. I should try that sometime.

And why didn’t Toma touch that little book of hers when he punched her on the ground? Stupid.

And of course Toma and his dad got this harem thing going on all the time. Really funny and interesting in my opinion.
Never go full retard
Jan 11, 2013 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
Misaka vs Index, it's always funny
RobokoJan 11, 2013 9:40 AM
Feb 2, 2013 7:34 AM

May 2012
Lol that ending xD This episode was quite a nice buildup I do wonder where the real sword or well real cross is or what they're actually trading!

Lets see what's next!
Mar 23, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
Ohh, biting turned into punching XD
Jul 13, 2013 6:06 AM
Jul 2013
The doctor reminded me of Kamina from Gurren Lagann..lol
Aug 13, 2013 2:34 PM

May 2013
Touma keeps punching girls hahaha. Touya is a pervert . I hate Index a little
Nov 16, 2013 3:14 AM

Dec 2010
A pretty good episode, I was hoping for another episode of this arc, it's a really great one.
Mar 4, 2014 11:26 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nice episode

1. Oriana getting punched by Touma. Her pants are not buttoned so idk why they haven't fallen down yet. Oriana's shirt opens up after Touma punches her in the face.

2. Oriana wears a sexier outfit. Bumps into Touma's father and Touma's mother gets jelly after Touma's father stares at her sexiness.

3. Index doesn't bite Touma. Index must have lost the sharpness of her teeth lol.

4. Misaka's mother chats with Touma's parents. She has huge breast that are almost as big as Misaka's head LOL. Well Misaka is in middle school so she might develop bigger breast as she gets into late teen years. That or she can have surgery.

Preview: Himegami and Komoe no!!

May 17, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
It amazes me that they didnt even know that it was her mother ...
Jun 26, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
Haha that was an awesome expression of the bunch from finding she is Misaka's mother. :D
Aug 24, 2014 7:17 AM

Dec 2013
Punching women - typical Index 2 xD
Dem boobs, that tease.
No more biting ? Good.
Misaka's mom again mistaken for her onee-san lol.

Ksa said:

Touma was a slowpoke when Tsuchimikado collapsed...

Yeah, as always ..
Aug 30, 2014 9:12 PM

May 2014
stevewiess01 said:
Just like someone noticed it here, I think J.C. Staff is going low-budget with this series as the animation and drawing quality of this series has gone a pretty steep downhill... They are abusing too many cheap distant shots or face shots with :-| expression with the characters' mouth barely moving...

I'm starting to miss the good old Railgun series... sigh.

That's quite true, but the plot is pretty solid. Nothing beats a well-developed cast and a decent plotline. Not even non-fluid animation and recycled frames!!!
Good episode
4/5GOOOD!
Sep 2, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
ahhh, the parents meet. it must be fate.
also, the punch wasn't very effective XD
Dec 31, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
So the Stab Sword was a... Ice Cream Panel? Just kidding, they got tricked good. At least he was able to ToumaPunch the bitch.

I feel like Oriana may have put something on Touma father. Also, his dad is exactly like him, right? :P

So they have a big family reunion, eh? Misaka getting all flustered, that sweetie :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 15, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2012
On the red corner.. Tokidawai's Ace Misaka Mikoto aka Railgun
On the blue corner.. Librorum Prohibitorum aka Sister Index
FIGHT START

Nice episode overall. Touma was just too slow on some parts, but still I loved it
Dec 10, 2015 3:12 PM
Feb 2015
Lol @ the fight for Toma at the end, Index and Misaka were way too cute :3
Jan 18, 2016 6:50 AM

Mar 2014
It is the Doctor that can heal anything after all ~ .. what a relief .
Touma badass-ness gets the spotlight as always ~ !! He never gets tired ~ .
TOUMA PUNCH !! All the way for minna ~ !! I would want her to be his next .
Change of plans but still , Trading is underway . Hope we can get the vibe of it .
VERY GREAT Episode ~ !!! "Like Father, Like Son." Mother !? not surprising tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
It's a very good thing that Oriana never uses same attack twice just like me.

LOL at Index not biting Touma anymore XD

Parent-child convo were fun too.
Mar 28, 2016 9:33 PM

Mar 2015
Best ending to an episode ever!

Like father like son. Misaka, when you marry that boy, you have to be careful with the girls that keeps hitting on him.

Misaka best girl! Index ruins everything.

That blushing and jealous Misaka is awesome

Jan 19, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
The little fight was cool. Didn't think it was just a sign board.

Interactions with the parents is fun.
Jun 16, 2017 1:56 PM

Mar 2013

Goddamn that frog doctor would've made me choke with my own spit XD

Index vs Misaka tho XD
I also love Touma's parents segment XD
Nov 11, 2017 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
The pursuit is still fascinating and the clash with Oriana is not bad, but the most interesting thing is to have discovered the true plane or almost the enemy. The Mikoto's mother is really hilarious. Oh, he looks back at the doctor, who knows who this is. Oriana's moves are still wrapped in mystery, who knows what's going on, I'm excited!
Jan 3, 2018 4:13 AM

Apr 2013
I like Oriana's attitude, so kinky! I hate Touma's fighting style though, so boring...
May 8, 2018 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
Family meeting was pretty much my favorite part,so amusing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2018 5:43 AM

Dec 2014
yes the families meet..so nice..I like when this happens ... hmm
Mar 10, 2019 8:15 PM

Aug 2017
Oriana vs Touma was great!

So, the Stab Sword never existed and they planned to use St. Peter's Cross to take control of Academy City...
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 30, 2020 6:39 AM

Jan 2020
Touma waits again before he decides to touch tsuchimikado. What an idiot.
May 29, 2020 7:50 AM

Aug 2018
I don't understand, though.. If this weapon can start war and stuff.. Why they didn't involve bigger company to help.. Chasing that carrier around would be much more easier with more people than just 3..
Eh.. I wouldn't really agree with Touma's motives here.. I mean.. Yeah, she hurt that big boobed girl, as well as her chasers.. And it's indeed bad, though questionable with chaser, as kinda self-defense.. But.. Why it doesn't matter to Touma, what she does, and how she can start war?.. If he cares about people suffering, he should care about avoiding war..
Fight with her would be easier with more people as well.. But well.. This is the thing that is apparent in any anime, really - that MC and small group only can do things, and others can't.. So whatever, I guess..
Touma was remembering Index' pussy.. Maybe covered by pussy, or maybe it was only covered for watchers.. ;p Well, anyway.. It's not like it's first time he sees her nude..
Well, to be honest, that's why Touma gets beaten all the time.. I know that myself, but it seems some people just ignore it or think it's not enough reason.. It's just that Touma much of the time indeed not thinks about Index and her feelings..
lol.. Misaka says "apple falls not that far from the tree".. ;P Yeah.. Indeed how father sometimes forgets about people's around feelings.. Touma does that all the time as well.. Especially with Index, to be honest..
Oh.. I'd like if Index and Misaka would get to know each other more.. And yeah.. It's even a bit surprising, how noone knows that Index is living with Touma.. ;p
Well, guessed right about Misaka's mother.. ;p
Overall, some last minutes of episode was slice of life after all this action.. Touma's talk with Index, and then whole company of Touma's family and Misaka's family meet.. I wish we'd have more time like this..
Nov 24, 2020 2:29 AM

Jan 2017
Gendolfas said:
I don't understand, though.. If this weapon can start war and stuff.. Why they didn't involve bigger company to help.. Chasing that carrier around would be much more easier with more people than just 3..

It's told in the first ep of the Daihaisei arc (ep 8) that they cant use any forces from either the magical side or the science side.
Getting help from the magical side would start a civil war among the different magical factions as it was the Roman Catholic church that wanted to do the trade, if the Anglican or Amakusa interfere it would signify as breach of conduct.
If Academy City were to interfere it would also signify that they wanted to wage a war against the whole magical side.

The reason why it was those 3 is Stiyl went to AC under the pretense of "visiting Kamijou on holiday" and Tsuchimikado is a classmate of him. Touma is a level 0 so he dosnt really qualify as an esper either (hence not on either sides)
Jan 22, 2021 6:31 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watching railgun, I would get bored during the slice of life elements and sometimes even just skip through those segments altogether.

Here in index however, I find myself skipping over all the magic and church talk and being way more amused with the slice of life stuff. Maybe I'm just a sucker for more touma and misaka interactions. Screw my inner desires for rom com.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 15, 2022 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
Damn the number of girls who got punched by Touma keep growing lol

but damn Oriana NICE BODY...

oh my god Misaka Misunderstanding continues.
Jan 13, 2023 2:55 PM

Jan 2021
MOTHER
Seeing Misaka blush is a blessing.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 11, 2023 3:29 PM
May 2020
mikasa's mum got the good genes
Nov 25, 2023 5:17 AM
Nov 2023
Wow, man. Just wow! Heaven Canceller's abilities is like a goddess's primary ability.
May 23, 1:39 AM
Jan 2023
Nothing that crazy in this episode, but there was absolutely no hesitation from Touma when he punched that woman with the sign, yes a decoy.

I was totally expecting Index to bite Touma, but he got a punch to the face instead, didn't see that one coming.

Also, seems both Touma's and Misaka's parents are in Academy City and meet, along with Touma and Misaka. That was certainly entertaining, that's for sure.

Another thing I noticed, in the preview, loli sensei had blood all over her, looks to me like something big is about to go down.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.