Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2022 11:22 AM
Aug 2018
great episode like always
my fav anime of fall 2022 ends today 😭
Dec 24, 2022 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
I can't for the life of me pinpoint what character from another series Bocchi's mom sounds like at 12:52. The particular airy and serene tone of voice and the wavy pitch shift in those lines is too familiar, it's driving me nuts. It's none of the seiyuu's other roles that i'm thinking of, I already checked. 

That aside, another peak episode from Cloverworks. I didn't expect to love this show, let alone enough to bump Kessoku Band on spotify, but here we are. Season 2 ASAP please

Jan 2021
That performance was amazing with the band, even if Bocchi's string broke she still nailed it and found an alternative way to play forward. 

Bocchi getting money from her ad rev for the first time, ofcourse you're gonna be shocked haha, she ends up buying herself an new guitar. 

What an awesome finale to an awesome anime. I really hope for a S2
Nov 2022
Show is filled with shy introvert part with no solution. B class.
Dec 24, 2022 11:26 AM

Mar 2016
One of the best anime I've seen at least in the recent years and definitely my AOTY for 2022, hands down. It's funny cause while I sensed it was gonna a really good show early on even before it debuted, my expectations were still very limited, but it really exceeded my standards in the end. While nothing is perfect by any means, this was a passion project that clicked on all cylinders. The visuals, the storyboarding direction, the creativity, the humor, the music the characters and their chemistry/dynamics, the sense of actual story progression, and the impressive introspection into Bocchi as a character. The series may seem simple, uninspiring, and hard to get into on the surface, but the animation staff was able to create something amazing out of the core story material and weave into something consistently engaging, fun, refreshing, and unpredictable, while still having nuanced messages throughout that relate to Bocchi's slow but steady journey as she goes through one mental hurdle at a time. Very few music-themed and cute girls anime series really come close enough to something like that.

The final episode was great, especially with Kita backing up Bocchi's setback with her instrument and Bocchi herself hilariously diving headfirst into the crowd only to land flat on the floor (thankfully not seriously hurt). The very ending was intentionally anticlimactic as their journey really isn't over...life goes on as usual, basically. That being said, I really pray that s2 can be possible, depending on whether or not the team at CloverWorks as well as the voice actors are more than willing for another round.
Dec 24, 2022 11:32 AM

May 2021
Can't wait for season 2 of this masterpiece show.
Dec 24, 2022 11:33 AM
Dec 2022
another underrated sol anime ends
man its been a wild to see Bocchi from meh wtf anime into one of most watched fall season anime, even surprassed the most hyped anime (you know what) 

love the songs on this episode.. it has scandal band/paramore vibe 

SEASON 2 GUARANTEED LETS GO 
Dec 24, 2022 11:34 AM

Apr 2021
the creativity in this show sees no end and I wanna see so much more of bocchi in the future 
Dec 24, 2022 11:37 AM

May 2021
The dive is peak comedy, the ending cover is peak feelings, and the episode finally sold me to Kita. Such a risky structure too. I loved this experience, being invited to an exciting and lucid vision of a group of talented people. I hope for a season two, but maybe I just hope to see another iteration of this standard and freedom

Dec 24, 2022 11:40 AM

Dec 2016
Truly amazing show thru and thru, from animation, endearing characters, artstyle, very risky experimental art choices, humor, and of course really engaging music to complete the music portion of the show. This was definitely the best show I watched during this season.
KimurahDec 26, 2022 6:20 PM
Dec 24, 2022 11:42 AM
Jun 2020
amazing, i love it
Dec 24, 2022 11:43 AM
Sep 2021
i really wanted an epic guitar solo :((((((
Dec 24, 2022 11:43 AM
May 2019
This is peak. Somewhere in the middle of the season I gave BTR 10/10, now I have to give it 11/10 and finally accept that it is indeed better than K-ON!!.
Dec 24, 2022 11:46 AM

Oct 2018
I haven't seen enough shows from 2022 to know what's the best of the year but this is undoubtably the anime of the season for me. Keiichiro Saito director of the year. 

I laughed way more than I should have at Bocchi jumping straight into the floor.
Dec 24, 2022 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
brubrubrubru said:
I can't for the life of me pinpoint what character from another series Bocchi's mom sounds like at 12:52. The particular airy and serene tone of voice and the wavy pitch shift in those lines is too familiar, it's driving me nuts. It's none of the seiyuu's other roles that i'm thinking of, I already checked. 

That aside, another peak episode from Cloverworks. I didn't expect to love this show, let alone enough to bump Kessoku Band on spotify, but here we are. Season 2 ASAP please
She sounds like every mom/onee-san type character voiced by Ohara Sayaka (Alicia from Aria). Maybe she reminds you of Yuigahama's mother from Oregairu?

Dec 24, 2022 11:57 AM

Nov 2015
What a great way to end this amazing series. It is truly my biggest honor to be able to witness this amazing banger despite the existence of other big titles in this season.

On that note though, did they actually just use a bunch of guitar shop photo from real world as the background?
What a chad move lol.
Dec 24, 2022 11:58 AM
Dec 2022
Loved the performance!
Dec 24, 2022 12:00 PM

Jul 2021
Well well well, Bocchi came out of nowhere appearing from the majority of my friend's list, and I can say this is my 3rd Fav Anime of the Falls Season. Truly an interesting dynamic of characters that everyone singlehandedly carry this whole series because I really love their personalities and chemistry with one another, it shows balance and no contrivance whatsoever since this series is hyperbolic afterall but in a good way. This is one of the series where I've never seen a very well presented as to describe anxiety issues or to complement a certain frame, like jesus one of the episodes they have the balls to use those actual clay to portray Bocchi's anxiety and it's really a lot of creativity that I appreciate coming from this anime from the background design and how it's being composed. The songs were gradually getting better but with recency bias, I really liked the 2nd Song that was played in this episode and also really shows an ideal of how one could make a solution whenever a string from their guitar started like twee-king or whatever, Bocchi isn't the only person who have dealt with this, I have a guitar at home too and it's an acoustic one with a Yamaha brand but overtime the strings ain't gonna last long so I have to find another string replacements (An acoustic one cost like $10 but this can get much higher or lower) than getting a new guitar like how Bocchi does lol but it's understandable that she wants a better form of her own guitar type. Overall though, I love this series and hope it gets a new season. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 24, 2022 12:05 PM
Jan 2020
Genuinely one of if not the best show I have ever seen period. The writing is clever and funny the animation has so much love and dedication and the music is absolutely a head banger. Genuinely AOTY material, i cannot describe just how much I love everything about this show. Please, we need a second season!!
Dec 24, 2022 12:09 PM

Jun 2021
Really amazing anime, loved it from the first episode and it had me looking forwards to Saturdays just to watch it. The episode was incredible as always and loved to see Bocchi improvising with her solo but, can someone tell me if what she did was really possible/reliable to do in a live setting?

Regardless, I hope we get a second season because it was easily one of my favorite animes of this year

9/10 

Dec 24, 2022 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
where mah season 2 at? D: Best anime to ever come out.
IAMQTDec 24, 2022 12:16 PM

Dec 24, 2022 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
Kinda anticlimactic especially after the previous episode really hyped up this performance. I hoped she would bust out a killer solo and melt all of her classmate's faces off. That would be the expected route for a story like this to take but I guess Bocchi the rock has to do unexpected things just for the sake of being different. Anyway, it was a good show. Nowhere near deserving of the immense praise I've been seeing here but it's fine.
Dec 24, 2022 12:14 PM
Oct 2015
Loved every second. I can't stand the possibility of there not being a second season, please Cloverworks I'm begging
Dec 24, 2022 12:14 PM
Nov 2020
very nice. hope there is a season two
Dec 24, 2022 12:16 PM
Oct 2013
Bocchi the GOAT!
10/10
Dec 24, 2022 12:23 PM

Jan 2018
BOCCHI THE 'ANIME OF THE SEASON' ROCK.

I'll start off by saying just how much I freaking love this show. It is a show that's beautiful, wonderfully crafted, poured and filled with love and full of life. Each and every single episode was captivating. At times you see just how naturally the characters move or at times the over exaggerated facial expressions of the characters more specifically Bocchi's, captures the attention in a way that you just want to keep on watching. The show is just filled with love and creativeness from the staffs involved. And you can tell that just by seeing how much effort they put in when Bocchi enters her usual Bocchi time phase. The voice actors did such an amazingly excellent job. Every single people involved brought the show to life and it came across to the viewers as well. You can feel the characters' emotion and characteristic just by looking at their expressions and movements. The show is so soothing and can be so comfy while at the same time can make you giggle constantly or just make you laugh out loud because of some of Bocchi's absurd over-the-top imagination. Also there there's this resonating connection with the characters too that at times can be very much relatable or understandable. And most importantly you watch show and you just have a great time. Every single episode delivered and it capped off this incredible run with an equally incredible episode.

Bocchi The Rock is easily not just my anime of the season but my anime of the year altogether. It's been such a heartwarming show full of laughter that gives happiness. Cloverworks and its staffs delivered a banger and their love and passion for the show was apparent. Patiently hoping for a continuation in the future but for now, we bid farewell to Kessoku Band. I LOVE THIS SHOW.
ARK-13Dec 24, 2022 12:31 PM
Dec 24, 2022 12:24 PM
Sep 2017
BEST ANIME EVER!!!!
Dec 24, 2022 12:26 PM

Jan 2021
Those songs were bangers especially the ending song. Bocchi will be missed
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Dec 24, 2022 12:29 PM
Mar 2015
Bochi flopped but there was no mosh pit so she just took a header off the stage
Dec 24, 2022 12:30 PM

May 2015
Damn its over already. I NEED MORE!!!!!!

Bocchi diving off the stage gave me second hand embarrassment lmao. 

Also Kita has gotten good at controling Bocchi. "You want this guitar? Yes you do, you want it right? Right?" It gave slight yandere vibes. 

I really hope this gets a season 2. With how well received it was this season it should do alright sales-wise. (I hope) 
DarknessRealityDec 24, 2022 1:27 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 24, 2022 12:34 PM

Apr 2020
This anime was soo good. 10/10 for me :D 
So sad to see it end. Hopefully we get a second season
Dec 24, 2022 12:34 PM
Feb 2022
new ed which was sung by what sounded like bocchi so it’s already 10/10 from that but also the episode was great
Dec 24, 2022 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
Amazing final episode. Gonna miss BOCCHI!
Dec 24, 2022 12:43 PM

Feb 2013
God!!! That anime was so good. Everything!! I loved everything about it!! Please!! I need another season!!!

10/10 Easily AOTY for me.
Dec 24, 2022 12:46 PM

Jan 2022
NOOOoooooo Not the Vintage Gibson les Paul Custom Black beauty! D: Ngl when I heard that crack i straight up thought the headstock was gonna snap off. Glad it's still in one piece. No disrespect to the Yamaha Pacifica of course. If anything were to happen to my Gibson thats probably what I would go for too.

It's been a fantastic ride. And that final shot of Bocchi heading out into the big scary world on her own is surprisingly rather moving.

Yes I know she still has to work
-insert NGE meme here-

Apr 2018
It was a good run, I had enjoyed since the first episode. Now my biggest afraid is getting recognised as ''overrated'' after this season because of the point on MAL. 
“Inspiration unlocks the future.”-Caproni

Oct 2022
Honestly, this is AOTS for me. The art direction of the show is unrivaled, the way they showcased Bocchi’s emotions were so wacky but funny at the same time. When Bocchi jumped and hit the floor, I laughed the most I have this show. Music was awesome as well, the OP, ED’s and songs showcased in performances are all absolute bangers. I love this show so much! 10/10
Dec 24, 2022 12:59 PM

Dec 2010
Really enjoyable series, with excellent direction! If I had one criticism it would be giving Bocchi a double mastectomy for no apparent reason. Easy 9/10
Dec 24, 2022 1:08 PM
May 2020
I loved this so much
The concert experience felt pretty real as a musician myself, the experience of buying a new instrument too, it feels so good
That was a really good anime, waiting patiently for season
Bocchi rocks!
Dec 24, 2022 1:17 PM
Apr 2019
i think this new show is doing magnificent and if it keeps going on like this will become a masterpiece in future
great artwork
rock music which i love the most 10/10
perfect comedy
Dec 24, 2022 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
Very nice final episode. It was a bit rushed imo but it's great seeing Bocchi's growth show in the performance. And diving off the stage face-first into the floor was funny and in-character. Nice wrap-up up and hopefully we get a second season sooner rather than later.

My final thoughts on the show as a whole are positive. I didn't think the show would be that good going in but it had surprising character depth and great pacing which was backed by colourful and creative visual direction and fantastic voice acting performances. Definitely AOTS material and a fine addition to this year's pretty stacked anime line-up and it's an 8/10 for me.
Dec 24, 2022 1:21 PM

Nov 2018
My whole impression of this anime is "INCREDIBLE". Just Incredible.
After watching the last episode of Bocchi The Rock! and Read Discussion around it, I am in shocking state that only i can describe like this "How can this CGDCT Show is so good at their many aspect Comedy, Music, SoL Feel that many great SoL show have. But at the same time have a Deep Level of Charaterization, Narrative, Meaning behind it like watchig Drama Show. Is this even POSSIBLE that we have anime this entertaining while we stacked  so many big anime name this season?".

And I glad to say "YES IT IS". As Anime Fan that anticipated this anime before the show even started airing, I have pretty high expectation to it, But oh boy my expectation keep getting higher and higher and higher from EVERY SINGLE EPISODE I WATCHED and it still managed to reach it, Heck this episode even surpass my expectation that already over the roof.

From the very start we immediately to see Music Performance from cliffhanger of last episode as Introduction and "Tittle" to this episode, That already blew me away with how smooth the sequence. But, after that was i not expecting the guitar string break and replace buy kikuri drink to smooth the string guitar. I Don't know you could even do that, What a amazing thinking by our loveable bocchi. 
It's really funny when bocchi try to lift up by cocert goers like famous rockstar did, but unfortunately failed so hard that bocchi head get bump to the floor.

After that the sequence get back to usual amazing SoL sequence in this time to buy bocchi a guitar, And i feel excited eventhough i just see 2 fantastic music concert before. But, Still very excitied about that thanks a lot to director, writer, and staff at CloverWorks that working on it. 

Near the end I kinda bittersweet about the whole anime going to end (I Hope it get Season 2). Because when i see the Ending Song sequence I just feel like the entire progression of Bocchi through all across episode is getting reflected and giving a little step that bocchi develop as a person over the entire of anime run with friends that will always back her up whatever happens (I Remind you this is CGDCT Anime that based around SoL Genre, Not  Coming of Age Anime that based around Drama Genre. The fact the show can pull that is already Pure of Creativity and Brilliance of many aspect of Anime). At this point the show already on my favorite list and Consider My Personal Top 10 Anime of All Time, And I think was That it when the credit roll on with music that Bocchi and her friends perform and Continued with bocchi go to starry to do usual work at Starry with our loveable bocchi say "THANK YOU" to All of Us.

After that I see discussion of this episode and what I Found was blown my mind away, When I see someone mention Closing Music was just a cover from Kessoku Band that Originally song by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION?!?. My mind at that point break because I know the foundation of Bocchi The Rock was making into a manga in very first place was inspired by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION Band growth itself, Where all character name was based on all members of the band that have similiarity in band story. So not only the song reflected Bocchi Character Development through entire anime, but also a Love Letter to Thank You ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION for making Bocchi The Rock exist in very first place from Creator Aki Hamaji, Director Keiichirou Saitou, Character Designer KERORIRA, Kessoku Band, And All staff members.

After That Fact I Found, I gonna make this Official. 
Bocchi The Rock! Is Definitely Deserve a 10/10, which every episode I given 5/5 from Start to Finish.
And Officially rank on My Top 3 Anime Of All Time.
Because this Anime is basically just a passion project that makes by people who love the manga in very first place, And The Results was One of The Best CGDCT Anime of All Time with Creative Ways to express anime in many aspect you can think off.

I Definietly gonna watch from over again Bocchi The Rock!, Because eventhough if worst scenario Bocchi The Rock! just gonna get One Season. Is already enough for me too consume of all it to my rest of my life. If they gonna make another season, At least please just keep the same quality and love you put into as right now, Please Don't Ruin It. 
Thanks CloverWorks my dread experince when I watched Wonder Egg Priority, It pays on Bocchi The Rock!. From now on I will trust CloverWorks again and keep optismistic about it.
And I 100% thanks to all staff that make this anime exist in very creative way, I gonna Always remember about it.
Yunohi-kunDec 25, 2022 4:23 PM
Dec 24, 2022 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
Nice last episode, but nothing unexpected as the whole season of Bocchi was consistent. Loved this anime, as someone with social anxiety. 9/10
Dec 24, 2022 1:25 PM
Dec 2021
GOAT contendor for anime of the year!
Dec 24, 2022 1:30 PM

Jul 2014
Bocchi what the fuck! How the hell her thought process went from not knowing what to say to dive lmao. Never change, Bocchi xD.

Another big surprise from this season. I knew it was a show I could like but the creative freedom and passion it showed was just something else. Really well made.

I'm going to miss this show, especially Bocchi. She is such a lovable character, her antics always made me laugh. Also, with how they chose to hide Bocchi's bocchis, it's kind of hilarious how she ended up being probably the most lewded girl of the season.

Here's hoping for a season 2!
Dec 24, 2022 1:31 PM
Aug 2020
That dive was epic.
Dec 24, 2022 1:32 PM

Apr 2022
makes sense how the last episode was the best episode. the music was fire. and bocchi went super saiyan.
Dec 24, 2022 1:35 PM
Feb 2022
Thank you for this amazing journey! now I can say its the best anime ever
Dec 24, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2021
unfortunately its the end but here's to hoping for a second season although its very much possible were gonna get another season. poor bocchi, she was so ecstatic about leaving her job but couldn't bring herself to quit... she even went full super saiyan mode, in my opinion this is the anime of the year!

heres to a second season and many more! 
Dec 24, 2022 1:38 PM
Aug 2020
Banger episode banger song banger Bocchi
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

269 by ShadowkillZ »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

237 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2022

235 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

513 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2022

234 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 22, 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.