Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 10, 2021 6:19 AM

Sep 2018
I usually watch the first one or two episodes before deciding. With only one to two episodes watched there's no point in even having it on your list. I just remove them entirely.
Sep 10, 2021 7:00 AM

Nov 2019
Don't tell me what to do MAL Stranger. What a pointless thread, can't people think for themselves?
Mister_LokiSep 10, 2021 7:13 AM
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Sep 10, 2021 7:07 AM

May 2020
I disagree.

In fact, if more people forced themselves to watch shows until completion, they would drop less shows over time because they would be forced to use their brains to find and watch shows that they actually find interesting, instead of just adding every anime they can find to their PTW.

Sep 10, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2020
The thing is, the anime that I have on my on hold list is because it's not that I hated them I'm just not in the mood to resume the anime. If the Anime is in my dropped list, then I don't add them at all cuz it's useless to add dropped anime and I think it stains my list for some reason. You won't believe me but I have dropped several shows in the past with the intention of never resuming them again.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 10, 2021 7:26 AM

May 2018
Quite honestly, I could use the same base argument to defend why someone shouldn't drop anything. Specially considering it's so freeing and rewarding to complete something, and evaluate it as whole for what it is, be it good or bad, I just love it.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Sep 10, 2021 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
Lol i mean you cant even get proper argument if you just tasting the surfaces.
Especially for those who uses 2 episodes rules

This also applied on other subject too.

Sep 10, 2021 7:49 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Sure, don't watch things you don't want to. I have no problem with people dropping thing, even if I'm not fond to do so myself. I'd like to ask to people with a lot of dropped shows though why did you start them to begin with? I feel like some people chose to start something they know they won't like just so they have an excuse to throw it on dropped. Now if you're using your dropped list as a 'won't watch', understandable, but if you're going to drop show after show at the 20 minute mark, wouldn't the synopsis, trailer, genres, ect. also be enough information most of the time? You don't need to try everything.
Sep 10, 2021 7:55 AM

Aug 2020
I like seeing how shows are like the whole way through. If I wasn't a fan of the first season, I don't tend to watch the rest of it (if there is more than one season). I don't feel like I can judge a show if I drop it entirely.

so sleepy...

did you need something?

Sep 10, 2021 8:30 AM

Dec 2018
It's a matter of perspective really. You like to quit shows so that you don't waste too much time on something you don't like, where I like to keep watching them to get a better understanding of something regardless of the quality of said thing
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Sep 10, 2021 9:46 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
let me count 43/254 = 16,9% so im fine with drop term
but u, more thann 50% u dropped than u watched, whts wrong with u dude ?

Sep 10, 2021 10:02 AM

Jul 2019
nothing is so bad I'd drop it forever. my dropped list is just a last priority on-hold list.
Sep 10, 2021 10:05 AM

Oct 2019
Definitely agree with the OP. This thread even inspired me to set my drop goal to at least 500 titles, the same number as my completed.

Sep 10, 2021 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
S0ulSp4de said:
eli_shmeli said:

I give at least 3 eps, most of the time 5. It might say otherwise on my Mal but that's simply because I don't update episodically

I personally think after 5 episodes you can finished it. It's not that hard and even with an average anime you can find enjoyment. It's different when an anime has more than 30 episodes but most are in general 12 or 24/26. Especially if you watched Eromanga-Sensei with a score of 4 but you can't finish Air with a score of 6 and 12 episodes?
It seems a bit forced just to drop many stuff because you feel superior about others (like me) who think their time isn't that prescious.

At the same time, who am I to judge your approach? You should have fun with your free time, the same as I have. People are different, you like to drop, i don't.

I actually rather liked AIR, as Clannad is one of my favorites, but at some point I realized I wasn't paying attention and needed to rewatch the last couple eps. I kinda just gave up at that point and figured I'd try to find the visual novel and play that instead
Sep 10, 2021 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Razakel3 said:
eli_shmeli said:
that honestly is a valid criticism. However, I'll never know for sure if I dislike something without trying it, and I like to try a lot of things. I find it fun.

That's why I like dropping shows, it allows me to try a bunch without getting bogged down. It's the buffet of anime.

bro you have 62 dropped and 49 completed... no problem with this but umh why?

Seasonals and Friend Suggestions make up the majority (although not all) of my dropped list. My friends suggest Shonen, Seasonals are Iseaki, and my favorite genre is Slice of Life, but I still like to try them
Sep 10, 2021 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
Was about to agree, but then I saw your list, bruh you dropped some goated shows.
Sep 10, 2021 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
NergalMHL said:
Imagine if you dropped a show, then you tell your friend that you've dropped it and tell your opinion that "I didn't like it because x and y." Surely he'll backfire you with "Haha you didn't even finished it, how dare you talk shit about it blah blah blah"

With my friends at least we shit on all of our shows and dropping is considered a decent critism. I think the only time anyone's actually said that to me was when I didn't finish Haikyu, but they were mostly joking
Sep 10, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
If I drop it without trying then I'd end up completing all the anime produced so far by the industry in just a few monts.

Sep 10, 2021 11:32 AM
Kuroni_Kuru

Dec 2020
To clarify, I'm completely fine with people who refuse to drop any anime. That said, I do agree with you. If I see absolutely no redeeming qualities in a series that I'm watching, I'll gladly banish it to the dropped list.
Formerly known as Kuroni_Kuru
Sep 10, 2021 11:36 AM
Dec 2019
Kwanthemaster said:
I'd like to ask to people with a lot of dropped shows though why did you start them to begin with? I feel like some people chose to start something they know they won't like just so they have an excuse to throw it on dropped. Now if you're using your dropped list as a 'won't watch', understandable, but if you're going to drop show after show at the 20 minute mark, wouldn't the synopsis, trailer, genres, ect. also be enough information most of the time? You don't need to try everything.

Some reasons:

1. It can be nice to get a general overview of a season. Watching or skimming through one episode can be done rather fast.
2. The synopsis tells you the setting, but often nothing more. Maybe there is a show that is only marginally interesting at first but directed / produced so well it can keep you on the ball. Maybe the characters are interesting and you only realize this when watching the show.
3. It is always good to keep an open mind. From the synopsis I wouldn't have watched Mushoku Tensei, as it sounds like a generic modern isekai.
4. Sometimes you might find interesting things in genres you did not expect to like. Maybe you don't like sports in general, but there is a sports show that does things differently enough to catch your attention?
5. Why not just experiment? I feel there are many people that just stick to one genre (mostly battle shounen) in particular and are averse to trying new things. As stated before, an episode takes at most 20 minutes (less if you dont finish it because it wasnt for you).
6. A drop is not eternal. If you later hear good things about a show that you dropped after the first episode, why not come back? Maybe it really "gets better later"? This doesn't happen too often to me, but it is possible.
SylverthasSep 10, 2021 11:44 AM
Sep 10, 2021 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
mazuchi said:
Was about to agree, but then I saw your list, bruh you dropped some goated shows.

Idk, what can I say, I don't like Shonen that much. On the flip side tho, most Shonen that I've dropped have at least 10 eps watched, and Jojo's has 60, MHA has ~80, and HxH also has 80
Sep 10, 2021 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoy searching for lesser-known titles, I don't like being suggested the same popular anime all the time. If I don't like it I just drop it. In my opinion, having many dropped manga/anime doesn't mean you're bad at finding good anime/manga. It just means you're adventurous. (Though that might be the case if you're searching for good anime)

Common ways I drop anime: Someone suggests it to me, watch a bit and decide I don't like it. Lesser-known anime looks interesting, watch a bit and decide it's not worth it. Get bored during an anime, give up bothering and drop it.

I've actually asked for anime suggestions that others gave a 1/10 on Reddit before, just to see what unique titles come up. I don't think others should drop more shows. I would say that people should be more adventurous when it comes to watching anime because there's no shame in having an opinion. I had a friend who would only watch anime rated >7/10, unfortunately, he grew bored because he couldn't find anything to watch...

Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone has their own reasons for doing what they do.
Sep 10, 2021 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Anonymous91630 said:

I've actually asked for anime suggestions that others gave a 1/10 on Reddit before, just to see what unique titles come up.

I'm curious, what were those 1/10s? I mightt check a few out if I get the time
Sep 10, 2021 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
eli_shmeli said:
Anonymous91630 said:

I've actually asked for anime suggestions that others gave a 1/10 on Reddit before, just to see what unique titles come up.

I'm curious, what were those 1/10s? I might check a few out if I get the time

Usually, I get people who just want to shit on popular anime, but sometimes I would get something I've never heard of. 1 of my fave manga [Inu Neko Jump] was a recommendation from someone who rated it <4/10. Can't really call it a recommendation since he didn't like it huuh...
Sep 10, 2021 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Anonymous91630 said:
eli_shmeli said:

I'm curious, what were those 1/10s? I might check a few out if I get the time

Usually, I get people who just want to shit on popular anime, but sometimes I would get something I've never heard of. 1 of my fave manga [Inu Neko Jump] was a recommendation from someone who rated it <4/10. Can't really call it a recommendation since he didn't like it huuh...

Dope, I'll have to check it out (30 characters)
Sep 10, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2020
eli_shmeli said:
mazuchi said:

Idk, what can I say, I don't like Shonen that much. On the flip side tho, most Shonen that I've dropped have at least 10 eps watched, and Jojo's has 60, MHA has ~80, and HxH also has 80

I was mainly refering to Erased, Gintama and Mitsuboshi Colors (didn't see HxH), but anyway, good for you for dropping anime you don't enjoy. There are too many good anime to waste time with bad ones.
Sep 10, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
mazuchi said:
eli_shmeli said:

I was mainly refering to Erased, Gintama and Mitsuboshi Colors (didn't see HxH), but anyway, good for you for dropping anime you don't enjoy. There are too many good anime to waste time with bad ones.

Gintama I actually did rather enjoy, but the thing about me is I rate Series not Seasons, so unless I somehow manage to watch all ~600 eps someday it'll always be in the dropped list
Sep 10, 2021 12:19 PM
Jan 2017
I used to complete the shows I started but then the Monster anime changed everything for me.I didn't like the show at beginning itself but I just thought that the show would get better at some time later as so many people say but the show just got worse and worse and the that ending was just a perfect stab to heart and that show resulted me staying away from anime for a few months and then after a break I decided I will just watch and continue if I am only enjoying it and won't force through any show and that the decision has proved to be correct for me.
Sep 10, 2021 12:25 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Sylverthas said:
Kwanthemaster said:
I'd like to ask to people with a lot of dropped shows though why did you start them to begin with? I feel like some people chose to start something they know they won't like just so they have an excuse to throw it on dropped. Now if you're using your dropped list as a 'won't watch', understandable, but if you're going to drop show after show at the 20 minute mark, wouldn't the synopsis, trailer, genres, ect. also be enough information most of the time? You don't need to try everything.

Some reasons:

1. It can be nice to get a general overview of a season. Watching or skimming through one episode can be done rather fast.
2. The synopsis tells you the setting, but often nothing more. Maybe there is a show that is only marginally interesting at first but directed / produced so well it can keep you on the ball. Maybe the characters are interesting and you only realize this when watching the show.
3. It is always good to keep an open mind. From the synopsis I wouldn't have watched Mushoku Tensei, as it sounds like a generic modern isekai.
4. Sometimes you might find interesting things in genres you did not expect to like. Maybe you don't like sports in general, but there is a sports show that does things differently enough to catch your attention?
5. Why not just experiment? I feel there are many people that just stick to one genre (mostly battle shounen) in particular and are averse to trying new things. As stated before, an episode takes at most 20 minutes (less if you dont finish it because it wasnt for you).
6. A drop is not eternal. If you later hear good things about a show that you dropped after the first episode, why not come back? Maybe it really "gets better later"? This doesn't happen too often to me, but it is possible.

I see your points, these are all fair. I should mention just saying the synopsis/genres was a mistake - I know those can be poor indications of what a work really entails, and if you browse my list, I'm sure you can see I'm open to pretty much any genre of work.

Maybe I should have clarified, because while you do have a lot of dropped shows, I don't think you're going out of your way to just sample everything, since you do have more completed than dropped and many of them are multiple episodes. Myself, I've stopped things after one episode (I don't mark these) or otherwise - you probably just try more series and have less tolerance with what you'll continue. I guess it's just a different way to look at things, but I'd rather pick less and stick with them, then just try everything I can find (which I think some people are tying to do when their feed is full of dropped at one episode - are you really trying it because you're curious or think you might like it, or just so you say that you did?)
KwanthemasterSep 10, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 10, 2021 12:33 PM
Nov 2019
If u are a max level droper it wont make people drop shows becasue of you.
You alredy have more droped shows then finished. I would question do you like anime at all or are you too incompetent to find a good anime?

Sep 10, 2021 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Kobac99 said:
If u are a max level droper it wont make people drop shows becasue of you.
You alredy have more droped shows then finished. I would question do you like anime at all or are you too incompetent to find a good anime?

90% of them are either seasonals or friend suggestions that they watch with me. Yes I have a lot of dropped, but some of those I have seen significant amounts of episodes, like the 60 eps of Jojo's I've seen. Also, I rate series not seasons, so if I got up to season 4 of a show but never watched season 5 it is counted as dropped

Not counting long-shonen, suggestions, and seasonals I end up only having 16 truly dropped shows.
Also, yes I could take some off my dropped list for not having seen much, but I like to be thorough and that way I can go back and look at them.
removed-userSep 10, 2021 12:50 PM
Sep 10, 2021 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
Kwanthemaster said:
Sure, don't watch things you don't want to. I have no problem with people dropping thing, even if I'm not fond to do so myself. I'd like to ask to people with a lot of dropped shows though why did you start them to begin with? I feel like some people chose to start something they know they won't like just so they have an excuse to throw it on dropped. Now if you're using your dropped list as a 'won't watch', understandable, but if you're going to drop show after show at the 20 minute mark, wouldn't the synopsis, trailer, genres, ect. also be enough information most of the time? You don't need to try everything.

Because trailers can be misleading. Just because something has a great premise doesn't mean that the execution of that premise will be any good.

Aside from that, sometimes I'm just so desperate for something new to watch that I will take a shot in the dark and watch something that only vaguely appeals to me, hoping for it to surprise me, and it doesn't.

Shoot first, think never.
Sep 10, 2021 12:57 PM

Mar 2020
Someone who drops Haikyuu and completes Darling in the Franxx and gives it a 9 is jot a guy worth listening to cause he obviously doesn’t know shit
Sep 10, 2021 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Tendo_GM said:
Someone who drops Haikyuu and completes Darling in the Franxx and gives it a 9 is jot a guy worth listening to cause he obviously doesn’t know shit

I mean, I don't like Sport shows or Mecha, I felt the character interactions were more compelling in Franxx, but that's just a personal opinion

Also I don't really like the whole "underdog" thing, nor do I like Shonen that much, if that makes you feel better

And if you look at my other high rated shows they're all pretty solid, so you're kinda just a goober
removed-userSep 10, 2021 1:09 PM
Sep 10, 2021 1:15 PM

May 2019
I never drop shows for 2 reasons:

1. I want to develop taste, you need shitty anime for that.
2. Most anime are so short it is not really a challenge to finish them.
Sep 10, 2021 1:18 PM

Oct 2012
Personally I keep things I've made more headway into or fairly liked but didn't finish for one or another reason in the "On-hold" list, while things I'm in 99.9% likelihood never giving another shot to in "Dropped". Along with shows I completely disliked of course.
Sep 10, 2021 1:30 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
I totally get where you're coming from, as I'm guilty of using my on-hold list as a disguised dropped list lmao.

Although for me it's more... well, on-hold are stuff I might want to go back to or revisit in the future, and some anime that I think I didn't like at first glance just because I wasn't in the right mood to watch it at the time. I've had anime I've put on hold for YEARS (and by years I mean like, 8-10 years - Shinsekai Yori is an example of this) that I ended up absolutely loving. That's why I put any anime that I think I might remotely like if I were in a different mood/state of mind in my on-hold list.

The anime in my dropped list are dropped. Forever. I don't want to give them a second chance for various reasons - or I've given them way too many chances than I should have allowed. So that's why both my on-hold and dropped lists are ridiculous.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Sep 10, 2021 2:34 PM

Oct 2015
True, I really should. That's neither here nor there though.
Sep 10, 2021 4:25 PM

Sep 2021
I only drop shows that I can't get hooked on in the first couple of episodes. Even if I a show is terrible, I'll just watch it as background noise. Generally I only pick shows based off the synopsis to make sure it's not a huge waste of time.

I use my On-Hold list as a place for the super longggg shows like Gintama or stuff that I know for a guarantee I'll go back to like Black Clover.
Sep 10, 2021 4:36 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I don't see the point in dropping shows, there are rarely good shows that you will come across, and there are rarely bad shows, 80 percent of the shows I watch are mediocre anyway, and I just watch them to kill some time.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 10, 2021 4:49 PM
Sep 2021
i dont think completing a show necessarily gives you a more nuanced view of a series and probably only helps that viewer know what the full story is

if you want to understand a series, its probably better for the viewer to study subjects outside of anime/manga or talk to the creators directly or through their interviews

that being said, i think you're right when you say watching anime should be related to your enjoyment and not just completing a show for the sake of it

but some people definitely enjoy the feeling of completing something, even if its just watching shows, reading stories, etc.

probably should just people do what they want

there are many ways to 'enjoy' anime
Sep 10, 2021 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
When I drop something it's because I hate it. Loathe it with every fiber of my being. If I'm like 'ehhh, I'm not sure of this one' or I get bored, then it ends up in my stalled list to try later. Stalled, for me, means I'll give it another go. Dropped means 'set that shit on FIRE' (I mean, admittedly I've COMPLETED series that I wish I could set on fire, but that was due either to my completionist phase or due to me doing the seasonal anime challenge on anime-planet). So I HOPE I won't be adding to my dropped list because when something gets added there then that means I tried to watch something I despise.
Sep 10, 2021 6:40 PM
May 2020
you should, if the show is miserable to watch and you keep putting up with it, the only person losing is you.
Sep 10, 2021 6:53 PM

Jul 2015
deg said:
if you drop a lot of shows it shows how bad you are at looking for the right anime for your taste

not every show is made for you. once youve watched hundreds of shows, the ratio of ones that you'll enjoy to those that you wont enjoy is going to get worse.
Sep 10, 2021 7:12 PM

Jan 2009
oyabuntaro said:
deg said:
if you drop a lot of shows it shows how bad you are at looking for the right anime for your taste

not every show is made for you. once youve watched hundreds of shows, the ratio of ones that you'll enjoy to those that you wont enjoy is going to get worse.

i have watch hundreds of shows already and i say i still enjoy most of it

thats the point you should watch more shows that is meant for you unless your goal is to watch all anime as much as possible then ye no shit Sturgeons Law or rule of thumb will apply
degSep 10, 2021 7:31 PM
Sep 10, 2021 7:47 PM

Mar 2021
eli_shmeli said:
I honestly do not understand why people would want to finish every single show they ever try. Yeah, sometimes it's good to stick with it, especially if a friend says "it gets better around ep 20" or something. But some shows you can pretty much tell within the first few eps if they're bad or simply not for you.

What people often do is they feel so compelled to complete all their shows that they simply turn their On Hold list, or worse yet their Watching list into disguised Dropped lists. What people don't seem to understand is if you put it on your Dropped list you can always come back, and that way there's less pressure to do so, so it'll make you enjoy it more if you do.

Idk, people on here can be pretty set in stone. I personally love dropping shows. It's so freeing to just say "eh... It's not for me" and move on. And yeah, you can't 100% garentee a show is awful if you haven't finished it, but you can at least know you didn't enjoy it, and sometimes a subjective view is a better argument than an objective one anyways.

Edit: people keep asking me this; the large majority of my drops are from Seasonals and Friend Suggestions, the first meaning I have little to go off of when starting the show and the second meaning that my friends are gonna make me try it

Dude I understand what you're trying to say and all but it isn't normal to drop more anime than you have completed. You've dropped a shit ton of anime after only watching the first episode. Be patient and complete it, most masterpieces you see out there start to pick up at around 5 ep into the show at least. Dropping anime like Magi after the first ep is just stupid imo. Based on your taste, you dropped a lot of anime that you could have fell in love with as well but whatever I guess.
Anime is overrated
Sep 10, 2021 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
abeydaby said:
eli_shmeli said:
I honestly do not understand why people would want to finish every single show they ever try. Yeah, sometimes it's good to stick with it, especially if a friend says "it gets better around ep 20" or something. But some shows you can pretty much tell within the first few eps if they're bad or simply not for you.

What people often do is they feel so compelled to complete all their shows that they simply turn their On Hold list, or worse yet their Watching list into disguised Dropped lists. What people don't seem to understand is if you put it on your Dropped list you can always come back, and that way there's less pressure to do so, so it'll make you enjoy it more if you do.

Idk, people on here can be pretty set in stone. I personally love dropping shows. It's so freeing to just say "eh... It's not for me" and move on. And yeah, you can't 100% garentee a show is awful if you haven't finished it, but you can at least know you didn't enjoy it, and sometimes a subjective view is a better argument than an objective one anyways.

Edit: people keep asking me this; the large majority of my drops are from Seasonals and Friend Suggestions, the first meaning I have little to go off of when starting the show and the second meaning that my friends are gonna make me try it

Dude I understand what you're trying to say and all but it isn't normal to drop more anime than you have completed. You've dropped a shit ton of anime after only watching the first episode. Be patient and complete it, most masterpieces you see out there start to pick up at around 5 ep into the show at least. Dropping anime like Magi after the first ep is just stupid imo. Based on your taste, you dropped a lot of anime that you could have fell in love with as well but whatever I guess.

I didn't drop it after the first ep, it just appears that way because I don't update episodes on MAL. I rarely drop anything after the first few eps
Sep 10, 2021 8:05 PM

Mar 2021
eli_shmeli said:
abeydaby said:

I didn't drop it after the first ep, it just appears that way because I don't update episodes on MAL. I rarely drop anything after the first few eps

aight my bad then, forget what I said.
Anime is overrated
Sep 10, 2021 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
abeydaby said:
eli_shmeli said:

aight my bad then, forget what I said.

nah you're good, its my own fault for making this thread and not realizing people wouldn't understand how i use MAL, which is significantly different than the way you are "supposed to"
Sep 10, 2021 8:24 PM
May 2019
An even better suggestion would be for people not to watch shit they don't like. afterall, this Animu shit is for entertainment purposes. Life is too damn short to be wasted on stuff that people don't enjoy, and unless people are being paid to review shows or have a twisted hobby of watching anything for the sake of finding something wrong with it do drop it and shit on it, they shouldn't be watching stuff they don't like.

But People can do what they want, so I'm not telling anyone not to do what I'm telling them of course.

Personally, I stick to what I like and maybe occasionally branch out and watch something different, so I don't really have much dropped anime.
Sep 10, 2021 9:18 PM
Jul 2020
When I started watching anime on a regular basis last year and open my account here, I told myself that I will finish any show I start. So far, I managed to watch about 30 shows without dropping them, most of them I really enjoy with a select few I fell in love with. However, as I anticipated, there were a few that tested my patience. Those are the ones that would take me way longer than it should normally take to reach the final episode because I’ve lost complete interest in them, from weeks to even months, but I was determined to reach the end.

Some of you might think it’s a waste of time to continue watching something that you’ve lost all interest in, but I kind of took it as a challenge. I remember from several years ago a film critic talked about how he would never walk out of a movie, no matter how bad it is, not allowing it to beat him. Also, seeing an incomplete show in my list, either in On-Hold or Dropped, makes me feel lazy. And, I know that I would most likely go back to it sooner or later and may have to start all over again, so I figured I might as well just get it out of the way so I don’t have to touch it ever again.

So, if I were to ever drop a show, I feel that I need a damn good reason to do so. Which I just recently did with a show from 1981 called Miss Machiko, a show about a middle school boy who sounds like Goku constantly trying to grope his hot teacher in every episode and I figured that after 13 episodes, I don’t think I have to stamina or fortitude to watch the remainder 82 episodes. It’s truly from the pre-#MeToo era. Now, that’s not to say I’ll never go back to it. As others have said here, it’s not permanent. And, though questionable at best, it does have its amusing moments. But I certainly won’t lose any sleep if I never return to it for as long as I live. I have way too many shows in my queue that I really want to get to.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about double dipping chips in anime?

ItsXolo - Yesterday

23 by KitsuFrost »»
3 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

53 by Eddgun »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - 9 hours ago

25 by ryzxgum »»
14 minutes ago

» As a 10+ year otaku veteran you' tend to watch less anime, but consume otaku related things through other means like manga, seiyuus, Pixiv, doujinshi, etc. I am right now at that phase.

KiraraFan - Yesterday

24 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
21 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 1 hour ago

5 by Morningstar991 »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.