Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 10, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2021
Veronica is very strong, Vanitas is powerless against her, a man named Ruthven appears to help Vanitas who wants to be killed Veronica, it seems he is much stronger than Veronica, the last scene seems that Noe has set his heart to follow Vanitas and unravel the mystery of Vanitas' book. unfortunately Jeanne only appears a few seconds in this eps.
Aug 10, 2021 10:04 PM

May 2021
Ruthven finally shows up all his cover will soon be exposed. also Veronica has a very one san vibes.
Aug 12, 2021 11:34 AM

Dec 2016
234Mannan said:
honyax said:
HAHAHAH PLS i dont have anything against yuki as i think she has done some brilliant work overall but it’s just that particular song that sounds so wrong to me💀 literally reminds me of bollywood. it’s just my opinion tho(;
Oh i see. I guess i feel bad now. But Bollywood is indian media right? Or maybe central asian if i recall and i had a very bad experience with their forms of entertainment..So i guess i kinda lost it considering yuki is one of my fav parts of the show and she is literally a queen in my eyes overall..in anycase i apologize

There's a big difference between Bollywood music and Indian Classical music. Bollywood music has changed a lot gradually and at present they are mostly the pop version. I can understand that Bollywood music can be really cringy especially the recent ones and these days many are making remixes and destroying the old classical songs. Many Japanese composers use traditional Indian instruments and some of them use old classical Bollywood songs, so it's nothing new. As a South Asian myself I really love how they use our music in their own way. Yuki Kajiura's music is like a beautiful mixture of many cultures, in my opinion that's what makes her music aesthetically pleasing. Well, Everyone has their own taste in music. Even I am mostly a fan of Japanese songs and barely listen to Hindi songs. But in my opinion every type of music has a beauty of its own.
Aug 12, 2021 5:58 PM
Dec 2011
What an episode. Vanitas and Noe are a great team and I can't wait to see how their relationship blooms or fades as the series continues. It is kinda sad that they showed again about what will happen to Vanitas. I think he is a very original anti-hero!
Aug 12, 2021 8:01 PM
Apr 2020
Woah! This is really great and fascinating! I binge-watched all available 6 episodes!

Looking forward to Vanitas' backstory.

Aug 12, 2021 10:26 PM
Jun 2020
Exotic_sprinkle said:
234Mannan said:
I dont remember a fujoshi attacking other fans though(ANd i mean it tbh)...Other then that jeanne x vanitas is cute a bunch but i too would say that it was a little rushed..Not that its a bad thing it worked wonders in the end. And yeah the writer implied that noe and vanitas are something in between friends and a couple so their relationship is quite unique(i think its kinda like jack and lacie in the end if we go from a writing point of view i mean jacks relationship was something in between love and hate and there relationship is between companion, friend etc And i hope everyone understands that and in the end) Domi x NOe though is the best ship imo! They are soo cute and wholesome TBH!

I have seen fujoshis trying to attack Jeanne even on Tiktok.One girl literally said"when will she leave?Doesn't she know she isn’t wanted?Why is she forcing herself between two gay men?"And I won’t even quote twitter.It's like Jeanne stole Vanitas from Noe or something.Anyone is free to ship Vanitas and Noe but hating Jeanne?That's illegal.(Domi gets a little less hate because her relationship with noe hasn’t progressed to the level of Vanijeanne)

bro... you mentioned tiktok. everyone knows fandoms in tiktok are dumb af and are full of children lmao hopefully you won't generalize those who like bl as people who attack those who think differently to their ships
Aug 12, 2021 11:35 PM

Mar 2020
jaredross said:
What an episode. Vanitas and Noe are a great team and I can't wait to see how their relationship blooms or fades as the series continues. It is kinda sad that they showed again about what will happen to Vanitas. I think he is a very original anti-hero!
Just to make it clear,Vanitas is not a anti hero but yes the relation ship and dynamics of noe and vanitas are one the best things about this story and it will contnue to improve
Aug 13, 2021 10:39 AM
Dec 2011
234Mannan said:
jaredross said:
Just to make it clear,Vanitas is not a anti hero but yes the relation ship and dynamics of noe and vanitas are one the best things about this story and it will contnue to improve

My man, do you even know what an anti-hero is?
Aug 13, 2021 2:22 PM

Mar 2020
jaredross said:
234Mannan said:

My man, do you even know what an anti-hero is?
Yup and vanitas is not a anti hero...though it will be clear later on from his passion to save vampires.
Aug 27, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
These characters just don't do anything in a straightforward way do they.

Not that it's bad
Sep 4, 2021 3:30 PM

Jul 2019
Good episode. The beef got settled, not in the way I thought of it tho. And we get some insight into what Noe actually thinks of Vanitas.

Will watch more later on for sure.
Sep 13, 2021 5:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least it ended better for them than I thought, Vanitas' character is still quite mysterious but it's nice to know him more and more, I like that Noe and Vanitas relationship, it's improving.
Sep 20, 2021 6:39 AM

Dec 2020
jeez ... just make it shounen ai already
Oct 14, 2021 7:15 PM
Oct 2019
Good episode. I think - I hope - it's found its stride

Vanitas does hate the original vanitas, I think

I'll bump it up to a 7/10
Nov 1, 2021 4:35 PM

Oct 2019
Lord Ruthven is a mighty dude everyone is afraid of. He can emit creepy dark purple 'formulas' or whatever those things are (I thought formulas required numbers, but these are number-less). I wonder what he wants with Vanitas and Noé.
That belfry scene at the end was both touching and a bit awkward. The interaction between Vanitas and Noé did not seem very natural to me; it seemed a bit.. forced.
Nov 8, 2021 8:49 PM

Mar 2014
So Noé was subconsciously putting his own hopes on Vanitas that he would swoop in to cure all the curse-bearers, but felt betrayed when it turned out that there's a point of no return for some. Meanwhile Vanitas acts a bit like a feral cat on his crusade to "save" the vampires.
Dec 7, 2021 9:36 AM

Mar 2017
they really did the last scene justice, it was just as pretty as the manga
Feb 18, 2022 3:53 PM

May 2021
The last scene was very bromantic; loved it.

Feb 21, 2022 3:15 PM
Feb 2022
Just watched it. At this point some of their interactions is borderline queerbating, it would have made more sense for Vanitas to kiss Noe at the top of the clock tower than for all of his interactions with Jeanne thus far, which frankly are making me uncomfortable since his kiss in ep3(?) was sexual harassment.

I liked this episodes although I'm finding the lack of some background context a bit confusing.
Apr 18, 2022 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
I'm assuming this is the first time Catherine became a curse-bearer then how come she's advanced to a stage where she can no longer be saved when the serial killer who's killed like 9 people was still saved? Even Louis took some time before he snapped. Is this the same as every zombie movie where the rate of infection varies depending if the character is important or not? Lol
Apr 25, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
Legend has it that Domi is still hanging there all tied up with a ripped dress.

Jun 18, 2022 11:01 PM

Mar 2013
Okay, I dislike Vanitas now.
There was a spoiler at the start of the first episode
dunno if it's true though. My point? Let's end him already...

Jeanne's right arm is quite similar to Allen Walker's left arm... lol
I take back what I said to Domi being a sadist, she is just caring, her sister Veronica is more twisted.

Now this is real friendship.
CrazyButNot4UJun 18, 2022 11:59 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 18, 2022 4:54 AM
Apr 2022
NOE AND VANITAS FRIENDSHIP FOREVER <333
Jan 10, 2023 2:04 PM
Jan 2023
Vanitas and Noe have a very interesting relationship, in fact, I really like how they're building up the characters and how they interact with each-other and the world. I have a feeling especially with the ending of this episode that something really bad is going to happen after their discussion in the bell tower, but I'll have to see.
Feb 5, 2023 12:05 PM
Feb 2023
Ruthven is hot and I love him (same JP VA as Kira from JJBA Part 4 :D)
Mar 12, 2023 4:19 PM
May 2021
Beautiful episode
May 3, 2023 1:34 AM

Nov 2022
Vanitas never stopped laughing even in the verge of death. And that freak lady, I don't know if she knows about Vanitas saving vampire or not but she wants to kill him anyway.

That whistle when Domi tore her skirt was hilarious. Bro, just take out the sword normally.
Oct 2, 2023 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
Reminds me of my best friend 😊
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Dubbed versions

Vanitas_BMkin - Jun 4

2 by Reevansingh21 »»
Jun 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.