Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2020 8:45 AM

Jan 2009
DaCraziGuy said:
deg said:
why Gintama is mentioned when its not even on the top 50 here https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity
You are jocking or just being dumb? Do you really think that there are only 50 popular shows?

obviously there are more than 50 but even if you look at the top 100 there is no Gintama there on that list
Jun 12, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2019
The Madoka Magica fanbase are pretty chill and friendly.
Jun 12, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2018
deg said:
DaCraziGuy said:
You are jocking or just being dumb? Do you really think that there are only 50 popular shows?

obviously there are more than 50 but even if you look at the top 100 there is no Gintama there on that list
So, considering the amount of years since anime is a thing, we only get 2 or 3 popular shows per year? Do you think that it makes sense?
Jun 12, 2020 10:39 AM

Oct 2019
The HxH and JoJo fanbase is so fun, I absolutely love them.

I would also say FMA/FMAB, but it annoys me that their subreddit is so pissy about Nina Tucker memes.

Edit: I changed my mind, I completely forgot how ass the FMA fandom is when another anime takes the #1 spot.
sashimisoJun 12, 2020 2:37 PM
Jun 12, 2020 12:45 PM
Jan 2019
HxH fanbase seems to be, for the most part, pretty with it.

Berserk, despite being my favorite series, has a poopoo fanbase. I do not like them much at all, with few exceptions.
Jun 12, 2020 12:53 PM

Jan 2020
Is Kemono Friends still popular or does every artist I follow just really like the show?
Jun 12, 2020 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
DaCraziGuy said:
deg said:

So, considering the amount of years since anime is a thing, we only get 2 or 3 popular shows per year? Do you think that it makes sense?

where should we cut off the ranking then? top 50 is good enough cut off imo considering the page is top popularity list
Jun 12, 2020 1:36 PM
Nov 2019
MarcusRomain said:
Evangelion , Jojo and Konosuba fanbase are my favorite
MarcusRomain said:
Evangelion , Jojo and Konosuba fanbase are my favorite

Definitely agree with you 🙌🏼
Jun 12, 2020 1:38 PM
May 2018
imo Mob Psycho 100 fandom is pretty chill. I would have said FMAB fan base but every time a series threatens it's place as top1 anime, they just give the series a 1 so fma stays top1.
Jun 12, 2020 1:47 PM

Aug 2016
Well, the Code Geass fans I've met were pretty cool, they genuinely enjoy the series and poke fun at the sillier moments as well, because they know the series isn't perfect, but they don't care and choose to have fun with the bad aspects of it as well, which also complements Code Geass' habit of just embracing its stupidity in a theatrical and extremely flamboyant way instead of trying to present it in a dry and serious manner. I think most people should do instead of being obnoxious about how your favorite show is the Holy Grail of japanese animation and nothing else in the medium comes even close to it.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jun 12, 2020 1:51 PM

Feb 2016
I choice sailor moon. Badly see someone hating or dumbass saying " YOU SHOULD WATCH".
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Jun 12, 2020 2:02 PM

Jan 2019
I'd say Gintama, Haikyuu!! and Komi-san's.

Haikyuu's and Komi's are pretty wholesome from what I have seen actually.
Jun 12, 2020 2:27 PM

Aug 2018
deg said:
DaCraziGuy said:

where should we cut off the ranking then? top 50 is good enough cut off imo considering the page is top popularity list
You should use a number of viewers, not a top ranking. What would it be that number? I don't know, I don't care that much. But using a ranking is pretty useless in this case.
Jun 12, 2020 2:31 PM

Jan 2009
DaCraziGuy said:
deg said:

You should use a number of viewers, not a top ranking. What would it be that number? I don't know, I don't care that much. But using a ranking is pretty useless in this case.

why its useless when MAL adds it as a feature? i mean top 50 gives you a list of the most popular shows already here on MAL alone
Jun 12, 2020 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a fan of anime. don't really do the circlejerk thing
Jun 12, 2020 2:42 PM

Apr 2020
JoJo fanbase, because the memes and shitposts are the best, also they will do part 7 before David Productions.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 12, 2020 2:48 PM

Dec 2018
FMA is dumbest answer you can give, they are ussualy chill because thier anime is top 1 almost everywhere but if someone gonna say there is better anime than FMA or if something is close to surpass thier favorite anime they gonna act like animals ( no offense for animals ) .
Jun 12, 2020 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
The Fate fandom is the best without any doubt, though for all the wrong reasons. It has so many different series that people like it for very different reasons, ensuing hate, salt and chaos wherever they go. They may not be the most civilized fanbase, but they are for sure the most entertaining.

Other than that, all the fanbases from nearly every work of fiction is bad, cause there will always be toxic people being fans of those wroks.
Jun 12, 2020 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
xkazutox said:
I don't stick to a fanbase for specific anime, I support variety
Same. When it comes to anime fandoms, I usually don't just stick myself to a fandom that focuses on one anime.

Although if I do have to pick a specific anime, I say Konosuba. While I do admit pretty over saturated in the anime meme community as much as Jojo is, but like as everyone else has already mentioned, they're pretty wholesome.

I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Bungou Stray Dogs yet. I know it's "underrated" for some people, but it's pretty popular on Instagram and probably Tumblr where the fandom is pretty huge. I've seen a couple of good stuff from them and some ehh stuff as well (considering that it attracts fujoshis). There may be some people here who think they can be pretty toxic. Tbh I'm not sure whether they're toxic or not since I haven't seen that much from them. But from what I've seen so far, they're pretty great as well.
removed-userJun 12, 2020 3:30 PM
Jun 12, 2020 3:52 PM

Jul 2016
Non-anime fans who loved Cowboy Bebop are pretty cool.

The best fanbase would be Kool Kids of Kingdom. Especially those of us who hover around Turnip Farmers for the weekly manga releases.

But if there is anyone who only listens to the episodes of 'Wave, Listen to Me!' I name you the #1 fan of all fans.

Also, any fanbase of an anime that doesn't have body pillows as merchandise is fine.
Jun 12, 2020 4:03 PM

Mar 2016
If the fanbase is relatively small then the likelihood of it being toxic is probably low. Kingdom id a popular anime I think, but it isn't toxic because there isn't much to be toxic over. So I guess the presence of controversial material makes things more toxic and the absence less so.
Jun 12, 2020 4:11 PM

Apr 2018
Out of the ones that I am involved in:

Fate: That's hell you're walking into

Tokyo Ghoul: That is also hell you're walking into

Monogatari: You have the occasional condescending prick here and there but most of us are just here to enjoy the VN and animes.

Jojo: Obnoxious as hell but not really toxic tbh?

Berserk: We just want another fucking chapter lol

Made in Abyss: Very cursed memes

Gintama: Oh hey, this one is actually pretty chill
Jun 12, 2020 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
I'm not someone who likes to be in any kind of fanbase because most of them seem like a cult of some sorts. The only one I can consider myself being a part of is the jojo one, but that's pretty much a religion of craziness. People are extremely obnoxious regarding jojo so I definitively understand why people don't even want to hear about it.

Gintama have the best fanbase because most of them are adults or at least mature enough so you can talk to them normally. This is coming from someone who dropped Gintama because it bored me to death.

Also, niche fanbases are usually quiet because there's not that much people around.
Jun 12, 2020 6:54 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Biased as fuck answer? To LOVE-Ru. Most of my closest friends online are fans of this series, and it tends to be predominantly people who aren't brand-fucking-new to H&E and lacking perspective.

But really, most ecchi fandoms are really great if you're actually a fan of the genre. It's probably quite different to outsiders, though, but as a fan I fucking love it. I wouldn't say that for the like, most MOST popular series that get at least somewhat associated with ecchi. Think DxD or No Game No Life or Monogatari. Hard to have fruitful or interesting conversations with these people because of how much perspective they lack, and I'm an old curmudgeon at this point who just doesn't respond well to people thinking that, based on their experience of 3 ecchi total, DxD is the pinnacle of the genre and is considered universally good. It's not toxic, but yeesh.

NGNL and Monogatari specifically. have a large portion of fans who aren't into ecchi and kind of feel like they snub their noses at us and do everything in their power to distance themselves fromus, which puts me off.

My favorite ecchi fans tend to be people who are familiar with the middle of the first page down on MAL's ecchi genre page. They don't need to be super experienced, but they're not brand new and don't have those annoying shortcomings to deal with, and they're unlikely to be insecure about it as well. Because speaking of insecurity, goddamn, we don't need another Monogatari fan joining up in H&E's server, reminding everybody on the fucking hour that they don't ACTUALLY like ecchi shows, and demand more intelligent bullshit than the rest of us and that Monogatari is totally different than what we like I sware on me mum. And when I ask them why they're there in the first place if they dislike H&E so much that they have to be obnoxious about it in a space for fans of those genres, I'm a gatekeeping asshole. Christ.

But yeah, ecchi fans who aren't limited up to the very top/most popular ecchi series and have kind of gotten past the new car smell. I fit in best with that sect. That's my home fandom and I don't think I'd be as at home anywhere else. It's just hard for me to not go into a rant about more obnoxious behaviors when trying to make it clear that I'm excluding the tip-top most popular series, because it's summer break and that means people are joining and being active in places like H&E moreso than any other time of the year, meaning I've been seeing a lot of this shit lately.
ManabanJun 12, 2020 7:00 PM

Jun 12, 2020 6:56 PM

Aug 2018
deg said:
DaCraziGuy said:

why its useless when MAL adds it as a feature? i mean top 50 gives you a list of the most popular shows already here on MAL alone
It usefull for ranking the shows, but it doesn't tells you what is popular and what isn't. Besides, that this site isn't used by everyone. Almost nobody that I know that watches anime use this. This site is mostly for hardcore fans, and some of them don't even bother to add everything they watch.

I don't even know why I'm replying, you already anwsered my question, lol.
Jun 12, 2020 6:58 PM

Jan 2009
DaCraziGuy said:
deg said:

It usefull for ranking the shows, but it doesn't tells you what is popular and what isn't. Besides, that this site isn't used by everyone. Almost nobody that I know that watches anime use this. This site is mostly for hardcore fans, and some of them don't even bother to add everything they watch.

I don't even know why I'm replying, you already anwsered my question, lol.

MAL is still a very good sample size for the anime fandom list purposes like the most popular lists ranking we are talking about

sure Dragonball for example should have been popular here but those are kind outliers and boomers are usually the ones that seen Dragonball franchise anyway and you cannot compare Dragonball franchise to the likes of Gintama in terms of popularity
Jun 12, 2020 7:14 PM

May 2011
The Jojo fanbase 🤍 forevaaaaaaa.

Jun 12, 2020 7:34 PM

Aug 2015
Out of all the famous fandoms I'm really into, i think One Piece is the chillest one..? It's still toxic with the "One Piece is the best shounen out there" people, but as for the rest, they're pretty chill and let Oda do his work for them to enjoy.. XD

And pretty agree with Gintama. There was a time when they're hated for the 10 bombing, but as far as i experienced it myself IRL, they're like "oh, everyone has their own comedy taste" seeing my episode count didn't rise for months now.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jun 12, 2020 8:51 PM
Oct 2012
deg said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
One Piece is the only fanbase who doesn't bother others or hate their own show

does not bother others welp what about that Demon Slayer hate train by the One Piece fandom just recently
If the number one manga in the world got surpassed by a mediocre series thanks to rabid anime-onlys I'd be pissed off too
Jun 12, 2020 8:54 PM

Nov 2017
Honestly as far as Shounen goes, I would say Haikyuu. Maybe I haven't been far enough down the rabbit hole of the Haikyuu fandom, but it seems like they have a really dedicated fanbase that isn't filled with a bunch of psychos, or fujoshis forcing their ships down everyone elses throats, or adults oversexualizing the underage characters. Seems to be avoiding the stuff that the BNHA fandom is infamous for.
Jun 12, 2020 8:59 PM

Jan 2020
carseatheadrest said:
Honestly as far as Shounen goes, I would say Haikyuu. Maybe I haven't been far enough down the rabbit hole of the Haikyuu fandom, but it seems like they have a really dedicated fanbase that isn't filled with a bunch of psychos, or fujoshis forcing their ships down everyone elses throats, or adults oversexualizing the underage characters. Seems to be avoiding the stuff that the BNHA fandom is infamous for.
Umm no..
Trust me, when it comes to all those ships and all, the Haikyuu fandom is just as obsessed with them as the mha fandom.
It's just that since it's not as popular, it isn't as prominent, that's all.
Jun 12, 2020 9:00 PM

Aug 2018
The fate fanbase is honestly the most entertaining, so them I guess.
Jun 12, 2020 9:01 PM

Nov 2017
MistaAsh said:
carseatheadrest said:
Umm no..
Trust me, when it comes to all those ships and all, the Haikyuu fandom is just as obsessed with them as the mha fandom.

Oh dang, really? I get a lot of posts from the Haikyuu fandom on my Instagram recommended pages and they all seem really nice and post a lot of wholesome and non-toxic content. I guess Instagram isn't the best corner of the internet to be judging anime fandoms, then.
Jun 12, 2020 9:03 PM

Nov 2015
does such a thing exist?

it's always discord when it comes to anime fanbase
Jun 12, 2020 9:03 PM

Jan 2009
Takuto_Shindou said:
deg said:

does not bother others welp what about that Demon Slayer hate train by the One Piece fandom just recently
If the number one manga in the world got surpassed by a mediocre series thanks to rabid anime-onlys I'd be pissed off too

err the manga sold a lot because of the japanese fandom though, Demon Slayer is very popular and very profitable in japan alone heck ye it surpassed One Piece in yearly sales there
Jun 12, 2020 9:05 PM
Feb 2017
Agreed, Fairy Tail easily the best, because everyone shits on fairy tail and u will never see anyone going on rants about why fairy tail is best anime of all time, we all just appreciate it for what it is even recognizing it's flaws and just chilling with it
Jun 12, 2020 9:08 PM

Mar 2020
SAO fanbase seems to be pretty chill. Everyone who likes SAO is obssessed with it.
Jun 12, 2020 9:10 PM

Jan 2020
carseatheadrest said:
MistaAsh said:
Umm no..

Oh dang, really? I get a lot of posts from the Haikyuu fandom on my Instagram recommended pages and they all seem really nice and post a lot of wholesome and non-toxic content. I guess Instagram isn't the best corner of the internet to be judging anime fandoms, then.
Yeah, from what I've seen insta is just a place where shounen fanboys hang out just to hate on shows other than their favs.
But it has a good side also, not gonna deny it, but that side is pretty hard to find. At least from what I've experienced.
Jun 12, 2020 9:15 PM

Oct 2019
I can't think of any all of them are toxic, but the least toxic maybe something like attack on titan, not saying its not toxic just from my experience its the least toxic.
Jun 12, 2020 9:22 PM

Mar 2019
The first name that comes to my mind is Gintama, even among the top 5 animes, you don't find Gintama's fans engaged in such "ranking wars alongside the old upvote and downvote flaw" or "Anime X is the best" debuts. I'm very proud to be a part of this fanbase tbh.
The second one indeed is Fairy tail, as OP just said. Maybe other fanbases of animes such as Death Note, Monster etc ..
Jun 13, 2020 1:04 AM

Jul 2019
Haikyuu maybe. From what I seen so far, everyone there loves the show and the character and everyone agrees on the same things. I have yet to see one ACTUAL argument or toxic moments in the Haikyuu fandom
Jun 13, 2020 1:19 AM

May 2018
Without a doubt,the Gintama fanbase.
Jun 13, 2020 3:46 AM
Oct 2019
In my opinion the death note fanbase isnt toxic, well idk how popular it is now cuz it has become kinda old show.
Jun 13, 2020 3:46 AM
Oct 2019
In my opinion the death note fanbase isnt toxic, well idk how popular it is now cuz it has become kinda old show.
Jun 13, 2020 4:57 AM

Jul 2019
I think monogatari and haiyku fanbases are better than other fanbases.
Jun 13, 2020 5:41 AM

Mar 2016
definitely gintama or hunter x hunter

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jun 13, 2020 5:59 AM
Nov 2018
Well, I don't see any harem popping up in this thread with its full blown all out battle to whoever is best girl. Blood has been shed and betrayals happens within the show's fanbase.

About this topic I'm pretty sure there will always be a darkside of a show's fanbase, when you think about it kinda seems like there will be always that one. But if you are talking about the ones that have one but most likely nonexistent I think anime that uses comedy as its main theme comes to mind, like Saiki kusuo no psi-nan and danshi koukusei no nichijou comes to mind. I mean it's comedy and it's fun while if you don't find it enjoyable to watch you just say OK and move on with no hate.
Jun 13, 2020 7:26 AM

Jan 2018
Grand Blue fanbase, would drink with them anytime 10/10 and ofc dive
Jun 13, 2020 7:31 AM

Dec 2015
Touhou fanbase. You won't find anything more chill than that
Jun 13, 2020 7:37 AM

Sep 2014
Jojo for sure. Its a place of pure dedication and love. Just dont be a filthy partskipper.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Wait, there is more? (anime that were connected to or had related entries that you didn't know about)

APolygons2 - 2 minutes ago

0 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» Could you survive in the world of your favorite anime?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

14 by velveteenvamp »»
5 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

38 by Azuchi »»
8 minutes ago

» MAL Clubs

Ryzenn11_ - 7 hours ago

9 by 23feanor »»
10 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Jun 10

28 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.