Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 26, 2020 6:17 AM

May 2018
Could it be that Suzuki-sensei be the one who has beaten Souma's dad and could it be that Souma maybe biting more than what he can chew????
Apr 29, 2020 6:19 AM
Jan 2018
As far I like megumi, her winning felt like she won cause she was one of the main character.
Atleast we could have a more depth match and megumi winning in the end, that way other characters will not have felt completely weak.

This made me feel like Alice, Ryo, Hayama is not even good as they felt before. being the last arc this episode was probably their last ep which involved them cooking.
We had seniors like Ishiki , Kuga, also participating.

I heard that in the manga, megumi, aldini were invited without this competition, which felt better in making megumi one of the blue contestants.
Apr 29, 2020 3:34 PM
Apr 2019
My feelings for this episode was Ok
Apr 30, 2020 11:08 PM

May 2015
This is now officially Netorare Wars
May 3, 2020 3:44 AM
Nov 2016
This episode is really boring and disappointing I've seen. The pacing is fast and bit awful. I admit that I do like Food Wars! Shokugeki no Souma previous 4 seasons and how these anime are much funny, good cook battle strategies and heartwarming of this show, but the season 5 is become most disappointing and trainwreck.
May 9, 2020 11:19 AM

Mar 2017
Good god no, this arc was as horrible as it can get on the manga and I don't see this season going well, although that preliminaries for Blue competition addition is not so bad, not that it makes anything better but still. If you're anime only and wonder if this season is just bad at adapting it, not really, the whole Blue arc is a big bullshit on the manga and I ain't putting up with those bullshit anymore. How do I put it, it's basically just a big "fuck you" to all past arcs, doesn't feel like you're reading Food Wars anymore.

Screw this season, I'm just gonna check the last episode when it's aired to see whether they decide to make a better ending or not.
BlueIsLoveMay 9, 2020 11:36 AM
May 14, 2020 6:59 PM
Nov 2019
The episode was cool. The end was shoking!
May 21, 2020 3:33 AM
May 2018
What happened to this episode. Most of the scenes they used in the BLUE preliminaries were recycled from previous seasons. The preliminaries didn't even happen in the manga. Not sure if they're replacing the mafia scene or they just added this preliminaries thing in to reintroduce the characters, I suppose.
May 25, 2020 5:14 PM

Aug 2014
RLY... Jouichirou lost 5-0 to that teacher? That means it should not be possible for anyone to win against him, but then Yukihira first will lose then in last episode win... nah that is too much bs
RLy... Hayama should be in top 3 his curry was the best
Rly Takumi and Megumi were not the best

Marui impressed me.
I also loved Erina reaction in class ;]]

also it is impossible for them to make so many different kinds of food for all the judges!!!
Thyriad-oPPailovAug 3, 2020 11:12 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 12, 2020 5:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Getting the bad vibes now already. Lackluster episode, in all honesty. Pacing was out of this world and the results highly questionable.

Power levels took a tweak from last season but it seems totally battered now, I'm afraid. Seeing comments above, I'm guessing the anime team wanted things to play out differently but it's hard to agree with these results really. Kuga-senpai and Nene-senpai along with Hayama and Ryo are more believable than Megumi and Takumi by a margin.

Anyway, that aside, those last few minutes of the Sensei starting to show his true colors was interesting. I don't get why Joichirou-san has to lose 5-0 though, even a 3-2 would've been hard to take in but to this extent just makes it lame and a lazy plot device.

Erina's reaction to the heated clashing confessions was gold though, on the other hand. I wonder how she'll react to this after waking up. Seriously though, the whole development just felt "meh".

Not trying to throw any daggers around above, by the way. I can't deny I might be a little influenced by the negative input of this final arc but these two episodes so far have really lacked the usual Shokugeki no Souma charm.

I would have much preferred if they introduced this antagonist in the 3rd year or so because Soma as the 1st still feels off in many ways.
_MushiRock11_Jun 12, 2020 5:55 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 5, 2020 10:30 PM
Feb 2020
Not sure how I’m feeling about this. Very rushed first two episodes. I see lots of people commenting on changes to the “terrible manga” but as I haven’t read it I have no idea what to expect, but the pacing as many others complained about it wild. Can barely stay interested.

Can’t believe somas dad lost 5-0 makes no sense at all. Why hype him up for 4 seasons to trash him like that? Whatttt. The. Heckkkk.
Jul 7, 2020 11:43 PM

May 2020
I liked this episode. Some people might find it rushed, but I think on the contrary, they simply are expecting you to know who all the main characters are at this point (new teacher boy aside) and so they want to introduce the new main plotline (the BLUE) right away. We didn't need a long ass competition for the prelims, first because there were way too many contestants for that, and second because that isn't the focus of the story.

The only real complaint I have so far this season was in this episode though. That is: visual effects. They felt a little over-used. For instance, the scene where the Souma and the new sensei were getting ready to face off, it kept cutting back and forth between them which was fine, but they also added in the effect of rotating the character's heads as they swapped back and forth. I get trying to make it more dynamic, but it was over the top. And that was the second scene in the episode where the effects stuck out as too distracting.

Aside from that though, this season is looking good from just the first two episodes. Looks from these episodes, the new plotline of this sensei, and shots we see in the OP like we'll finally get some good SoumaxErina development, which I'm excited about.
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jul 12, 2020 6:52 AM
Apr 2020
That stalker.....
Jul 12, 2020 7:19 PM
May 2015
Just like the 4th Season, this episode felt rushed and the animation is goddamn embarrassing. Scene after scene, it's just the camera panning from all directions just to give the illusion of animation but it's very obvious; the characters do not move at all, aside from their mouth.

Is this seriously the same studio that's also animating Railgun T right now because there is a HUGE contrast with this show and Railgun T's animation.

Jul 23, 2020 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
Idk what to say about Jouichiro being defeated. That doesn't feel right idk. Is this one of the reasons this arc is hated of?
Jul 23, 2020 10:19 PM
Oct 2019
ErnaSB said:
Idk what to say about Jouichiro being defeated. That doesn't feel right idk. Is this one of the reasons this arc is hated of?

yep u could say that (jouichiro MUST be the final boss (obstacle) that souma have to face but what we got was the new OP annoying villian) and also there're more reasons on y the final arc is hated
Jul 31, 2020 7:09 PM

Aug 2017
I don't read the manga but I just read that the competition was anime original, I'm glad for this change since that despite the lack of screentime and normal character development for side characters that I complained since s1, I appreciate that they at least give them their moment of glory even though it doesn't make much sense at this point. It would have made little sense to select BLUE participants by invitation only.

I binged the entire series this year and they recicled a lot of scenes lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 2, 2020 2:45 PM
Aug 2020
I want to watch the season 5 food Wars!
Sep 1, 2020 1:46 PM

Jun 2017
The dishes definitely looked promising but again no buildup and too many characters. I think this was three episodes worth of material adapted into one. It is a shame because this particular match had potential.
Megumi winning was a pleasant surprise.
The second half seems to be a grim introduction for what is about to come.
Edit -
Denickart said:
Manga readers: Wow JC Staff added so much. You can tell they're trying their hardest to improve this arc.

Anime only watchers: Wow I can't believe they rushed through this entire arc. It should've been 4-5 episodes. OMG is JC Staff even trying?

Thanks for posting this. Good to know it was anime original. I posted exactly as you o predicted lol.
Chrome_FalconSep 1, 2020 1:53 PM
Sep 24, 2020 7:02 AM
Sep 2020
Wanna watch it i need the link for every episode
Sep 27, 2020 8:18 AM
Aug 2020
Really nice episode!
Oct 4, 2020 4:33 AM

Apr 2020
Souma, Takumi and Megumi became BLUE participants, I never thought Megumi passed the test
Oct 15, 2020 8:20 PM
Jun 2013
It's been a little while since I watched the last season, but it seemed like a lot of animation and shots were being reused from previous seasons for the character dumps.

Joiricho losing 5-0 off-screen is TRASH!
Oct 24, 2020 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
Literally tons of seiyuu and foodgasms in one episode. Kudos that they didn't dragged it over several episodes.

Also, Tadokoro won once, yay! She deserved at least that (and her reaction was hillarious).

Not totally solder over the new antagonist out of nowhere though. So technically Yukihira has brother now? (non-related but still)

And as usual shounen goes, noone asked Erina what she think about the marriage.. but still 'we'll battle anyway'.
Well, he's just another obstacle nothing else.
Nov 11, 2020 6:19 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang they're really not wasting any time with moving things along aren't they. I feel like I've been thrown from a speeding car on the highway onto another speeding car

I have business with nakiri's tongue too, her tongue is very useful

Very smooth

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 12, 2020 2:19 PM

Mar 2010
I didn't think they would make megumin the top of the food chain.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 20, 2020 6:57 AM

Nov 2014
I was very surprised seeing a Lithuanian dish, and it was pronounced correctly :O they did their research.

The episode was trash tho, this fricking Megumi bullshit is getting over the top, i'm so sick of her, her character is so annoying and plain. I wouldn't mind that much if any other character was in the top 3. Now because of her i'm starting to dislike this anime.
I've always hated characters like her, and when the anime is forcing me to like it, i hate it even more.
Dec 11, 2020 4:48 PM

Mar 2013
I know they wanted to change things up to give a chance to characters that weren't as much in the spotlight in the previous seasons.

That being said, I find totally unrealistic that Aldini and Megumi beat most of the other students as they are at the bottom of elite 10. Aldini I can kind of believe, but Megumi? And she even won first place? Sounds to me like delusional fanfic. The out of the blue (pun intended) letter invitation on the manga is more plausible.

PS.: my man Kurokiba got sh*t on yet again, I'm still waiting for his time to shine. At least he has the best girl Alice.
Jan 12, 2021 8:09 PM

Mar 2016
I was quite disappointed that they literally just did a quick montage of the BLUE preliminaries showing a select few dishes being tested by some of the judges. Felt like even if this was preliminary, it should've had more scenes shown. They literally skipped over what made cooking challenges fun. There is no preparation, cooking, and only the foodgasm. Seeing foodgasm scenes without knowing how the food was cooked is illegal in what is known as a cooking anime.

Well... They won't redeem this ep completely but hopefully, the next ep actually show some classic shokugeki between two expert chefs.

Besides that... CONGRATS MEGUMI!!! Honestly I'm still underestimating her capabilities, ofc Souma was always gonna be in the top 3 but I was thinking the other 2 would be Hayama and Ryou or Takumi. I'm glad she got into BLUE and not to mention with a shining FIRST PLACE!!!

Now then... Back to the secret shokugeki where a teacher wanted to marry the director Erina AKA still-a-student-in-a-hight-school. The fact that she's there to listen to these 2 guys fighting over her made the scene quite hilarious indeed.
Jul 14, 2021 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
It's good to see Megumi shine over everyone with her soup, even beating out people like Soma, Takumi, Hayama, Kurokiba, etc. She's grown quite a lot, particularly since being an Elite Ten member and gaining a ton of experience with her travels.

Other than that, this was easily the worst Food Wars episode I've seen up to this point. Recycled animation from previous seasons but with a shittier look, incohesive as hell, too many dishes going on in an episode where the reactions felt too short and random, scoring for a 100 judges were all too close with the top rankings, I expected a little bit more of a realistic standings table with actual strict judging for a competition like BLUE, Asahi's entire storyline really kicking off and having Joichiro be swept so Soma's desire to beat Joichiro is dead interest wise for me, and much more. This was a nightmare of an episode.

I understand going anime-original to have preliminaries for BLUE rather than just Soma, Takumi and Megumi receiving invitations since you want to feel like they've earned their spots for a reason, but you need to make these preliminaries actually matter and build up well for them, and then have them go on for a few episodes with better pacing. This was just a random mess of an episode that was really frustrating to watch.
Dec 24, 2021 5:44 AM
Aug 2010
ngl I like the start better than the last season. We finally see something else, instead of food battles over and over again in the same big hall for 13+ episodes. It feels kinda fresh again for now. That said, I have a bad feeling it will be super rushed and I hope they won't rush into the Blue tournement right away without any kinds of daily life episodes in-between. I really miss those after the last tournement. The villain seems pretty meh so far, but I felt the same about the last one as well
Mar 6, 2022 10:20 PM
Oct 2019
so this teacher is who beat joichiro i presume. JUST A LITTLE weird that he wants to marry a high schooler. animes always gotta be creepy af...

aside from that, let the battle begin
Apr 11, 2022 12:21 PM

Apr 2013
They really activated the express train this episode, never skimmed through so many dishes this fast before. So the big baddy beat his dad and obviously Souma will lose to him next episode as well, otherwise him winning in the end wouldn't mean a lot.
Mar 3, 2023 2:09 AM

Jul 2022
Who wouldn't be like this after such words? xDDD

I'll try to focus on what I find enjoyable/entertaining trying to ignore the bullshit of all this
Nov 6, 2023 5:18 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Damn they really be making Saiba lose like that 😩

Certainly surprised Megumi came first! I expected Aldini but deffs thought #1 would be Hayama

New antagonist is cunning
May 26, 12:25 AM
Aug 2021
So they are all beefing for a spot in blue. I was just assuming that the Top 3 of The Elite would automatically go.

Lol so now Souma is encouraging people to do his catchphrases. It's great how the 4th wall has technically been broken.

Okay, so we won't be seeing a lot of the main cast for this final season.

I had a feeling his Dad was going to lose but I didn't want to believe it. The walking Legend, the man known as "The Demon" for 1v50, lost.

Her tongue is quite useful is wild Now to Erina she thinks Souma wants to marry her These anime misunderstandings are always stupid but funny.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

236 by duragon49 »»
Aug 30, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

84 by Danibola »»
Aug 4, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Aug 7, 2020

99 by Danibola »»
Aug 4, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alphazero4um - Jul 24, 2020

82 by Weebleez »»
Jul 18, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

73 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.