Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 3, 2016 3:38 AM

Jul 2016
CLIFFHANGER!!! But it's quite obvious from the preview that the play is still continue.
Dec 3, 2016 4:19 AM

Mar 2013
I CAN'T HANDLE THAT CLIFFHANGER!!!

And oh my, Tsukishima looks so damn good in this episode. That look in his eyes tho~
Dec 3, 2016 5:15 AM

Apr 2016
Another life expectancy reducing episode.

And this reflex reception!
Dec 3, 2016 5:57 AM

Sep 2016
That cliffhanger though.

My anxiety still rises >_<.
SicanaeDec 3, 2016 6:03 AM
Dec 3, 2016 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
Has any anime ever been so intense ... ? This episode tho. I play volley but if I'm given another life, I wish to begin earlier to be a professional volleyer... Honestly. This anime makes me forget my life. And it gives exceptionnal motivation bumps.

I just don't like the "battle of ideologies" thing, you cannot say an ideology is better than another, that one is superior. one triumphs over another according to the circumstances and that's it. You cannot hierarchize them. Anyway. This anime is still damn crazy.
Dec 3, 2016 7:06 AM
Jun 2014
Great Season!

BUT I have one issue with this episode. What Nishinoya did deserves the dramatic slow-mo and music that the Hinata moments get. That was an insane receive!
Dec 3, 2016 7:15 AM
Sep 2015
THIS SHOW IS TRUE LOVE MAN!
Amazing episode with Tsukki living up to expectations. I hope Karasuna has the last laugh, like said about read blocks. Why did the episode end. I felt only half of it had passed.
Dec 3, 2016 7:20 AM

Aug 2016
This episode stressed me out so much jfc. ;-;

Tsukki is the real MVP tho

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 3, 2016 7:33 AM

Sep 2011
That cliffhanger, though
Dec 3, 2016 8:25 AM

Feb 2016
JUST. ONE. FUCKING. POINT. GODDAMNIT.

That feeling, when the next episode is the last.

*Cries in the corner*
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Dec 3, 2016 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
ROLLING THUNDER!!
Nice save Nishinoya... damn...
man, the new VA for Ukai-san is weird... maybe because we used to hear the previous VA... miss him now...
next ep will be the last episode... wonder who won the match...
Dec 3, 2016 8:40 AM

May 2013
10/10

HOLY JESUS MOTHERF CHRIST. WHAT WAS THAT. This episode was just a brutal beast. Highest scored episode of all 3 seasons on many websites, mostly scoring close to 10.0 score (highest possible). I think, if the Ukai voice actor was still the old one, it would be 10.0 overall everywhere. This was just freaking godlike and JESUS this cliffhanger. It's almost as bad as the Walking Dead cliffhanger at the end of season 6, giving me a brutal dejavu right now.
Read my most recent reviews!

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”

— Ging Freecss
Dec 3, 2016 10:26 AM

Nov 2013
honestly reading this in the manga felt kinda dull, but watching it through animation has been a real pleasure and the pacing has been awesome. bravo too all those who were involved tbh.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 3, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't feel like that last spike was special enough to be the game-ender. So they will sadly probably lose :(
Dec 3, 2016 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
DAt double save by Nishinoya woooooooo, guy is awesome!!!
Dec 3, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2010
Very intense and exciting episode, loved it! I'm guessing Karasuno is going to win in the end, the same way Kuroko's team did.

Btw, I really dislike Ukai-sensei's new voice actor :( He sounds kinda... dull? Like he wasn't interested in the game or something. It just doesn't suit him.

GangsterCat said:
am I the only one who think the ending song sounds so much like lazy song (bruno mars)

I'm thinking the exact same thing every week I listen to it :v
Dec 3, 2016 11:34 AM
Jun 2016
GangsterCat said:
am I the only one who think the ending song sounds so much like lazy song (bruno mars)
hahahaha No, you're not the only one, hahaha, I thought the same when I first heard this closing. :P
Dec 3, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
Even though I know what's going to happen because I read ahead, that cliff hanger was cruel and unusual punishment. Also, Rest In Peace Kazunari Tanaka, you'll be missed. Hearing the new voice actor made me a sad.

johnyjohny said:
luckily this anime will end soon, so the ridicules hype can finally die down. I got to hand it to you guys, you Haikyuu hipsters are a annoying bunch.

What does it matter to you if someone likes an anime you don't? lol.
Dec 3, 2016 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
Uncanny said:
Even though I know what's going to happen because I read ahead, that cliff hanger was cruel and unusual punishment. Also, Rest In Peace Kazunari Tanaka, you'll be missed. Hearing the new voice actor made me a sad.

johnyjohny said:
luckily this anime will end soon, so the ridicules hype can finally die down. I got to hand it to you guys, you Haikyuu hipsters are a annoying bunch.

It does not deserve a 10, cuz for it to be 10 it should score 10 on more things than the anime does now. It's like spitting on the anime that actually did score a 10. Also i actually do care cuz it is you guys taste what will decide which type of anime becomes available in the future. As it is now we will get even more characters and even less storytelling anime in the future with lots of overused melodrama en clishes for example. That's the pad anime is walking the past 3 years. As a fan of well told story and animation i actually do care people are satisfied so easily with anime like these.

People keep saying haters shouldn't care and just blindly accept what other people like, just becouse it is the right thing to do. But i disagree with that since I'm a anime fan too and wish for it to make masterpieces again, but that all starts with what the majority wants. If the majority want cute girls anime for example that is what they will get a bunch of becouse it will make money. I just like for people to strife for quality again.
Dec 3, 2016 1:40 PM
Nov 2016
Dywei said:
Good match!!
Tsukishima is back and the team once again has solid defense.
Did Ushiwaka try to targeting Tsukishima's right hand?

Dat liberro Nishinoya, he's so awesome! He's very dependable in crucial time, especially when the captain team couldn't move.

I had the same question about Ushiwaka raising his arm. Why did he do that? Was Ushiwaka acknowledging Tsulishima? Or welcoming him? Or WHAT??
Also did they change the Coach's voice Actor? will the old one be coming back?
Dec 3, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2010
Blogger5 said:

Unfortunately not, he passed away two months ago :( Here's info about it.
Dec 3, 2016 1:49 PM
Nov 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
Blogger5 said:

Unfortunately not, he passed away two months ago :( Here's info about it.

T_T so sad! Haikyuu won't be the same without him :'(
Dec 3, 2016 1:56 PM

Sep 2016
Cant believe this kind of genre can hit 7th place and my precious drama/romance clannad as is 11th:(((((
Dec 3, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
johnyjohny said:
Uncanny said:

It does not deserve a 10, cuz for it to be 10 it should score 10 on more things than the anime does now. It's like spitting on the anime that actually did score a 10. Also i actually do care cuz it is you guys taste what will decide which type of anime becomes available in the future. As it is now we will get even more characters and even less storytelling anime in the future with lots of overused melodrama en clishes for example. That's the pad anime is walking the past 3 years. As a fan of well told story and animation i actually do care people are satisfied so easily with anime like these.

People keep saying haters shouldn't care and just blindly accept what other people like, just becouse it is the right thing to do. But i disagree with that since I'm a anime fan too and wish for it to make masterpieces again, but that all starts with what the majority wants. If the majority want cute girls anime for example that is what they will get a bunch of becouse it will make money. I just like for people to strife for quality again.

But that's your opinion. Thankfully since many people watch anime opinions on whether something is good or not are entirely subjective. :) If anything liking Haikyuu!! would merely impact any future sports anime, not fantasy or anything like that, I think that's an opinion based on conjecture.

Personally, I think the best place to lodge complaints about the future of anime would be on run of the mill stereotypical shitty ecchi anime series discussions.

Whether someone thinks something is a masterpiece or not is something that is a matter of opinion. And honestly it's fairly childish to state that just because you think it's not worth a 10 it therefore shouldn't be considered a 10 by anyone else.

This anime has a great plot, though perhaps simplistic it achieves good story telling. There is wonderful character development. There is a back story for a number of the characters. There's a goal. The team doesn't always win, etc. formulaically speaking it's not quite a generic shounen anime like say Bleach or Naruto, simply because it has better character development and backstory. The sound production is good, the music is good. It may not be a masterpiece on the same level of say Akira, but it cannot necessarily be compared to Akira because Akira is not a sports anime. Likewise it cannot necessarily be compared to fantasy anime's because it is not fantasy, it's sports. Perhaps that's why people actually enjoy this show and you know, give it a 10, or a 9, or an 8.

To me, the ranking system is based on how much one derives enjoyment out of said anime. If I derive as much enjoyment from this as I do say from Akira, then I'm damn well going to give them similar ratings. But can it be compared to Akira, no.

Also, where are these cute girls you're speaking of? This anime doesn't have anything of the sort.

Really though all I'm hearing from you is: "I'm butthurt no one agrees with me QQQQQQQ. But in reality because no one agrees with me anime is doomed!!!!11" For someone who claims to dislike arrogant people, you're pretty arrogant yourself. You are of course welcome to your own opinion, but I think posting a negative blanket statement towards all people who enjoy this show is rather rude and pointless.

Anyway that's just my two cents. I have actual work that I need to do now so I'll just leave this as is. Have a nice night.
Dec 3, 2016 3:00 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
KawaiiCandy said:
Cant believe this kind of genre can hit 7th place and my precious drama/romance clannad as is 11th:(((((

As someone who has Haikyuu in 1st and Clannad as 2nd, that statement hurt D:
Dec 3, 2016 6:02 PM

Jun 2008
Blogger5 said:
Dywei said:
Good match!!
Tsukishima is back and the team once again has solid defense.
Did Ushiwaka try to targeting Tsukishima's right hand?

Dat liberro Nishinoya, he's so awesome! He's very dependable in crucial time, especially when the captain team couldn't move.

I had the same question about Ushiwaka raising his arm. Why did he do that? Was Ushiwaka acknowledging Tsulishima? Or welcoming him? Or WHAT??

it was supposed to be an apology for hurting his hand. the anime didn't make that very clear.
Dec 3, 2016 7:37 PM
Oct 2016
Everyone's all talking about Nishinoya and Tsukki, but freaking Hinata! Love that kid

AHHHHHH Need next episode now!
Dec 3, 2016 8:06 PM

May 2015
johnyjohny said:

You should really improve on your baiting skills.

Dec 3, 2016 9:26 PM

Mar 2008
God Dam !!! Nishinoya !!! theses Cliff HANGERS ARE GETTING BRUTAL !!!...This whole ep was on the last Damn points pretty much !!!
JimmyK649Dec 3, 2016 9:29 PM
@PrinceJuicifer@ \(~.~)/
Dec 3, 2016 10:35 PM
Nov 2015
After seeing Shiratorizawa style & players in the first half of season. I thought it's unfair if they lose. But now, everyone is tired and are moving by the power of will. Both deserves the win. I want them both to win (Sorry Oikawa :p )

Galaxy__ said:
and thats why my boy NISHINOYA is one of my favourite characters ever

Your singature bro, the last statement, +9999 !
Dec 4, 2016 12:54 AM

Sep 2016
Smudy said:
KawaiiCandy said:

As someone who has Haikyuu in 1st and Clannad as 2nd, that statement hurt D:
oh I saw your profile:)...our taste is kinda similar :p although you have watched way more anime than me and you'd propably have much more experience to judge:) so i can't judge if haikyuu deserves 7th place or not because I never really thought of watching it because i'm not into sports genre but for me clannad is a masterpiece not only in its' genre but generally..it has influenced my life thats why im disappointed...and im making my statement here because all the other anime in the list are too mainstream and they have always been in the top place and haikyuu went suddenly to the top...i know it has 2 other seasons but this is kinda new..so you get my point:)
Dec 4, 2016 1:12 AM

Jun 2015
This is really Tsuki's game...I wasn't the biggest fan of this character before (even though he is voiced by my favorite seiyuu) but that game really makes me love him more

Oikawa even if he is just sitting and watching the game makes me laugh lol

So sad that next episode is the last one...I really hope we'll have a mini season or at least some ovas about the Nekoma...
Dec 4, 2016 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
Uncanny said:
johnyjohny said:

But that's your opinion. Thankfully since many people watch anime opinions on whether something is good or not are entirely subjective. :) If anything liking Haikyuu!! would merely impact any future sports anime, not fantasy or anything like that, I think that's an opinion based on conjecture.

Personally, I think the best place to lodge complaints about the future of anime would be on run of the mill stereotypical shitty ecchi anime series discussions.

Whether someone thinks something is a masterpiece or not is something that is a matter of opinion. And honestly it's fairly childish to state that just because you think it's not worth a 10 it therefore shouldn't be considered a 10 by anyone else.

This anime has a great plot, though perhaps simplistic it achieves good story telling. There is wonderful character development. There is a back story for a number of the characters. There's a goal. The team doesn't always win, etc. formulaically speaking it's not quite a generic shounen anime like say Bleach or Naruto, simply because it has better character development and backstory. The sound production is good, the music is good. It may not be a masterpiece on the same level of say Akira, but it cannot necessarily be compared to Akira because Akira is not a sports anime. Likewise it cannot necessarily be compared to fantasy anime's because it is not fantasy, it's sports. Perhaps that's why people actually enjoy this show and you know, give it a 10, or a 9, or an 8.

To me, the ranking system is based on how much one derives enjoyment out of said anime. If I derive as much enjoyment from this as I do say from Akira, then I'm damn well going to give them similar ratings. But can it be compared to Akira, no.

Also, where are these cute girls you're speaking of? This anime doesn't have anything of the sort.

Really though all I'm hearing from you is: "I'm butthurt no one agrees with me QQQQQQQ. But in reality because no one agrees with me anime is doomed!!!!11" For someone who claims to dislike arrogant people, you're pretty arrogant yourself. You are of course welcome to your own opinion, but I think posting a negative blanket statement towards all people who enjoy this show is rather rude and pointless.

Anyway that's just my two cents. I have actual work that I need to do now so I'll just leave this as is. Have a nice night.
Subjective really is a stupid word. The word subjective makes the word discussion utterly pointless. I believe with a well carved out discussion and admitting from both parties truth can come to light. There cant be both people right, thats just all good guys talk. I think it is not worth a 10 on points like animation and the actual story telling. The characters talk way more than is needed and the anime is (like i already stated (and you ignored)) bursting with whiny melodrama. The cute girls statement was just a example btw, was not really speaking in Haikyuus case here. That last tekst I'm not even going to defend, since i already explained why that is not the case.

My point stands, this anime as a 10 episodes match that lacks the character build on the on the opponents team for example does not deserve to stands with the big shows of long time ago (CG, Clannad, Ippo, Steins;Gate FMA, etc ,etc), it is not even better than the first season let stand that the second season is better than the first. I'm saying it again people are hyping anime shows the last past years like a madman but don't be honest to them selves at all or either really don't know what great anime are still out there.
Dec 4, 2016 2:26 AM
Nov 2016
hirahira said:
Blogger5 said:

it was supposed to be an apology for hurting his hand. the anime didn't make that very clear.

Oh! That does make sense. Thanks for pointing that out :)
Dec 4, 2016 2:29 AM
Nov 2016
thenekojo said:
This is really Tsuki's game...I wasn't the biggest fan of this character before (even though he is voiced by my favorite seiyuu) but that game really makes me love him more

Oikawa even if he is just sitting and watching the game makes me laugh lol

So sad that next episode is the last one...I really hope we'll have a mini season or at least some ovas about the Nekoma...

I totally agree with this. Even i did not like his character. But even Tanka acknowledged his intelligence! well i hope the next season comes out soon, and is longer. *fingers-crossed*
Jealous and pouty Oikawa adds more comic scenes to the show. He really is a fun character to watch.
Dec 4, 2016 9:59 AM
Nov 2016
Am I the only one that thinks that this could've been a good movie instead of a 10 episode season?
Dec 4, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
whoa, what an episode. and what a way to end it. last episode next week! 10 weeks has gone by fast

don't really know what i think about ukai's new seiyuu yet. his voice is so different. it'll probably take a while to get used to it, i think
Dec 4, 2016 12:35 PM
Oct 2007
KYYYYAAAA!! Haikyuu season 4 please!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 6:51 PM

Apr 2014
to be honest i always think that Nishinoya is the true MVP of all the matches, their team would be nothing without him. i mean they're great and all but he really is the glue of the team

but man the cliffhangers are insane in this anime.....and i can't wait until next episode. i remember the manga had some great scenes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2011
Jesus that cliffhanger i literally screamed "no why!!" as the credits came up.
Im so keen for next week to see how this goes :D
Dec 4, 2016 11:03 PM

Jul 2016
ThaT DAMN CLIFFHANGER

Dec 5, 2016 12:10 AM

Jan 2014
TSUKI IS BACK AND NISHI IS STILL MY HERO. DAT CLIFFHANGER... Which was spoiled thanks to the preview. Be still my heart!
Dec 5, 2016 1:59 AM

Nov 2014
They can't end it like this. This is not good for my health :')
Dec 5, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2010
This episode.

Tsukki!!

NISHINOYAAAAAAAA

and Asahii and Tsukkii and Hinataa

but NISHINOYAAA

I love how you can enjoy Haikyuu without typing a 1000 words. I mean you can choose too. but you can just yell one character's name and feel satisfied.

Also, I too felt that Wakatoshi might have subconsciously saved Tsukki's hand there. Like. he really might have wanted to score but his mind might be like. Oh no, I'm powerful and this guy's hand is already injured thanks to him. He might be semi-guilty about it. Wakayoshi might seem stern but I believe he's kind at heart. And that altered the course of his spike just a little and it hit the net.
TragicRomanceDec 5, 2016 12:52 PM
Dec 5, 2016 4:03 PM

Jan 2014
Whoever told me this arc sucked in the mango was clearly lying and can go eat a big fat donkey D. This shit is fucking awesome.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Dec 5, 2016 7:57 PM
Jun 2016
johnyjohny said:
It does not deserve a 10, cuz for it to be 10 it should score 10 on more things than the anime does now.

I agree it doesn't score a 10 on all front, but this anime doesn't even go there in the first place, so it's harsh to score it based on the elements it lacks. That's like saying a rom-com shouldn't deserve a 10 because its horror or mystery element doesn't score a 10, which is just ridiculous.

If you score anything based on how many things it's lacking rather than what it has, nothing could ever get a 10. Heck, if I follow that method, none of the animes listed on MAL could get an 8, let alone 10. But I score based on the enjoyment I get out of an anime, which is a 10 for all three seasons of Haikyuu. I'm afraid nothing you ever said would change my opinion on that, cause I really do enjoy it. Your words? Not so much.

My advice: If you really want to change others' opinion, show it. Don't just talk. Show how it could be better. If if really is better, that people enjoy what you showed more than what they get right now, you bet a few opinions are gonna change.
Dec 6, 2016 12:17 AM

Oct 2011
pmfg dying from the epicness. TSUKI !!!!!!
NISHINOYA OMFG AHHHHHH
Dec 6, 2016 4:50 AM

Feb 2013
I hope I'm still alive for the last episode!! HOW COULD THEY STOP AT A CLIFFHANGER? GDI!!

Coach Ukai's new VA is so distracting coz it just feels so different...but I guess good luck to him.

Tsukki and Noya are the BEST ;w;

Dec 6, 2016 5:05 AM

Oct 2011
great episode!
Nishinoya saving the match... Tsukki struggling.... just amazing

I just think they should had showed more hints of the characters's "exhaustion" sooner... I mean, now they all look really beyond their limits, ok... but, except for Kageyama, seems like everyone only felt the fatigue now, after Tsukki came back ^^'

of course, this don't make any difference in my enjoyment watching... is just something I thought...
Dec 6, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2012
urishino said:
johnyjohny said:
It does not deserve a 10, cuz for it to be 10 it should score 10 on more things than the anime does now.

I agree it doesn't score a 10 on all front, but this anime doesn't even go there in the first place, so it's harsh to score it based on the elements it lacks. That's like saying a rom-com shouldn't deserve a 10 because its horror or mystery element doesn't score a 10, which is just ridiculous.

If you score anything based on how many things it's lacking rather than what it has, nothing could ever get a 10. Heck, if I follow that method, none of the animes listed on MAL could get an 8, let alone 10. But I score based on the enjoyment I get out of an anime, which is a 10 for all three seasons of Haikyuu. I'm afraid nothing you ever said would change my opinion on that, cause I really do enjoy it. Your words? Not so much.

My advice: If you really want to change others' opinion, show it. Don't just talk. Show how it could be better. If if really is better, that people enjoy what you showed more than what they get right now, you bet a few opinions are gonna change.
Animation for starters is not worth a 10. It's for everyone to see man and animation is something totally rateable no matter what genre it is. You say show it, but saying i didn't come with other options how it could be better just proves you did not even read my tekst so actually i don't feel any obligation to answer you this question. In fact most people who suddenly say they watch based on enjoyment actually already showed me they actually know them self that it is not a 10. But for me enjoyment = quality. And it the high quality of something that makes for enjoyment. Overused melodrama for example show the writers lack of knowledge in story writhing cuz the lack of own ideas. Don't get me all to wrong it's a good show, but 9,11 score means it should be a masterpiece whe will praise still after a 10-15 years or so. And a actually think that even most hyped Haikyuu fans know that reasonable thinking is just not the case.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

294 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Jun 11, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

117 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 30, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

136 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 30, 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.