Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2016 10:06 AM

Nov 2015
Really looking foward to this series, looks like such a fun show, loving almost everything about it so far. just a bit worried with how much story their gonna put in with the 13 episodes.
xicoguiApr 10, 2016 10:10 AM
Apr 10, 2016 10:07 AM

Jan 2015
Glad that the introduction episodes are finally over and we'll be able to get the story rolling.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 10, 2016 10:09 AM
Oct 2007
Wow..

I had tears in both my eyes unexpectedly for the last scene, as someone who is chasing a long and tough dream.

"You can become a hero."
"Dreams can become reality."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2016 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
I'm honestly scrathing my head here, after reading through the comments where everyone is saying they cried or wanted to. Ok then....... An ok episode again, a bit better than the first imo. So this is the cliche moment where the main character gets the courage to believe that he can become a hero after his favorite hero might guy telling him those encourging words. Cool.

3.5/5.
Apr 10, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
I teared up several times throughout this episode. The ultimate underdog story. I love Deku.
Apr 10, 2016 10:19 AM

Aug 2015
So turns out All Might is just some skinny dude ha. This was episode was freaking awesome though, really felt good for the mc.
Apr 10, 2016 10:25 AM

Sep 2014
KilluaX4 said:
Okay that was adapted the best it could've been. Don't even lie.

5/5 for the perfect adaptation

Cannot deny that I thought this exact thing during the episode.

Love the ost.

Cried a bit because those motivational scenes were powerful.
Apr 10, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2009
Man Deku is a pretty awesome protagonist. Just like many other people, it took all I had to not cry near the ending when he was breaking down. He's too good for this world! Can't wait to see how he becomes the greatest hero!
Apr 10, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
Way better than the first episode but the pacing is still a problem here. They adapted 1 chapter in 2 episodes which made some scenes unnecessarily drawn out.
Apr 10, 2016 10:38 AM
Mar 2016
Ah amazing episode, 5/5 for me. And for those worried about the pacing, it'll be atleast 1 and 1/2 chapters adapted per episode starting next week(more or likely 2 per episode), The preview and opening hints at that. Anyways the ost and ending were awesome, gave me chills.
Apr 10, 2016 10:39 AM

Sep 2015
That OST complemented the scene perfectly. I loved the way the scene with Deku saving Kacchan played out! This is turning out to be so great.
Apr 10, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2015
Not gonna lie, from the first episode, this does seem like a generic bland shounen. As of the second episode, it still is a generic shounen however it's quite a fun to watch and kind of addicting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2016 11:13 AM
May 2014
I freaking cried at the end. WTF?? Why??
Probably the OST
Apr 10, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
Wow. Just an amazing episode with an epic climax and heartfelt resolution. The feels train hit me hard especially in that last sequence between All Might and Izuku. That scene was directed to perfection with the perfect callback to his mother's past words.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to hold off on reading the manga for this one...
Apr 10, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2015
Wow the end of this episode *o*
Will All Might really give him his power ? :o
Apr 10, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
A lot of you seems to love this episode with some even crying, but here I am still not amused and entertained... wth is going on, am I missing something? or maybe this franchise just doesnt go well with me.
I hope the 3rd ep delivers cause if not Im gonna have to pass.
Apr 10, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
I cried. Wow. I can't believe... Even though I've read this already... I cried watching a shounen superhero anime. Amazing, really. They adapted it so well so far and added some more things that even enhanced the emotional impact of these scenes. Deku ftw! <3 Kacchan ftw, too! :) And poor All Might... I really hope he will be cured somehow... :'(
Apr 10, 2016 11:22 AM
May 2014
SansrivaaL said:
A lot of you seems to love this episode with some even crying, but here I am still not amused and entertained... wth is going on, am I missing something? or maybe this franchise just doesnt go well with me.

Well in real life I am kinda as powerless as the kid, so I could really connect to him. That brought the tears I suppose. Plus I love an underdog story done well, which seems to be the case here.
Apr 10, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
I cried. 5/5. Holy shit this episode, that "you can be a hero" scene, the music... I am going to love this.
Apr 10, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Another good episode.

Might's true form made me lol!
Apr 10, 2016 11:34 AM

Apr 2015
Ok, this episode was much better than the first. I think I'll keep watching this series after all.
Apr 10, 2016 11:35 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SansrivaaL said:
Well the series does get better and better. It really depends on if you like an underdog's story with strategic fights.
Apr 10, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2009
So I don't know why but I really cried this episode. It was so touching and I normally don't cry so easily. Deku you're my hero. Screw dem heroes who couldn't see you're greatness. And Kacchan needs to stop his tsun-tsun ways.

Also's All Might's skinny form looks cool still. I like it.
Apr 10, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
Z4k said:
Way better than the first episode but the pacing is still a problem here. They adapted 1 chapter in 2 episodes which made some scenes unnecessarily drawn out.

It has to do with the fact that episodes have to be 22 minutes. They couldn't have realistically fit that all into 22 min, so they had to pad the runtime to get two.
Apr 10, 2016 11:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Zalmox1s said:
Tokoya said:
As much as we all wanted them to adapt certain arcs, I would rather a good in depth and quality adaptation instead of them rushing through things to get to the epic stuff

I have no doubt in my mind that we will get a S2 though, this series was huge in Japan last year

Considering the OP, it looks like they want to adapt the first two arcs, so most likely the pace will pick up pretty soon.

Since the last episode considering how much you and a few others hyped the manga here, I've read the first 67 chapters so far, and while it did improve significantly and the execution was above average, I still don't see it as the next big thing in terms of anime.
Fair enough, but I disagree
Apr 10, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2015
Man, this was one amazing episode. Gotta be honest, there were moments I wanted to cry. Amazing OST.

Apr 10, 2016 11:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Tokoya said:
The pacing continues to flow how I want it to as well so that's an extra plus for me

Looking forward to seeing the anime only reactions to this lol but other than that, it's perfectly adapted yet again this week

I think I liked it more than in the manga this time too

Really? I've read a lil bit of the manga and it seems like the anime is having a really slow pace.
They're going to end on a certain arc that I always wanted them to end on because I don't want Bones to rush through the material and instead I want them to treat it with care like they've been doing to this day
Apr 10, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
Oh my god Bones, you are making more than justice to this series, is the first time since AnoHana I need to contain the tears because my mother was on the side room. The OST gets much much better, I'm literally liking the anime more than the manga, I'm hyped for something that I have read, god, Bones, you are the true hero of this series lol.

Even impressing how this episode changed the point of view of the most critics, and believe me It does get way better, and better as the series keepo going, It just goes up and up with each arc on the manga.
Apr 10, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2015
I'm two episodes in and I'm still not convinced. Maybe the third episode will get me excited for this show.
Apr 10, 2016 11:58 AM
Jan 2014
Hmm, I liked the second episode better than the first. I honestly wish they had ended the first episode with All Might's reveal, it would have been a good hook for people to watch the second episode. Although, as a manga reader, it would have been really nice if they could have aired episodes 1 and 2 together as a two-part episode. Maybe more people would have been interested?

They really went for a comedic tone though... Am I the only one who didn't like that part in the first episode, where Bakugou was bullying Midoriya? The music that was playing when Bakugou burned the notebook just seemed off - I thought the manga was darker in that sense, and it would have been nice to keep that tone.
Apr 10, 2016 12:02 PM

Dec 2015
Good, great, etc. I really like All Might more. Only thing I want to to be introduced to all those heroes in the OP. A lot of them seem to have interesting powers, even though there are some that I have no idea what their powers are.
Anime sucks.
Apr 10, 2016 12:09 PM

May 2012
PabloTheOffender said:
Good, great, etc. I really like All Might more. Only thing I want to to be introduced to all those heroes in the OP. A lot of them seem to have interesting powers, even though there are some that I have no idea what their powers are.

The FUNimation YT channel has small goofy introductory videos of some of the classes' characters.

Slightly spoiler-ish(?)

Apr 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Olem said:
PabloTheOffender said:

The FUNimation YT channel has small goofy introductory videos of some of the classes' characters.

Slightly spoiler-ish(?)
It's funny you mention that, because I was just checking those out right now. So far all of them have interesting and somewhat unique ones. Not the fire and ice guy though, but he looks cool so that makes up for it.
Anime sucks.
Apr 10, 2016 12:15 PM

Oct 2014
EPIC!
I love the relationship between All Might and Deku. I'm also liking the respect currently growing between Bakugo and Deku. Hopefully they'll make for good rivals. Can't wait to see what happens next!
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Apr 10, 2016 12:19 PM

Apr 2011
I loved it. It was better than episode 1 for sure.

Animation, OST, voice acting, action etc. BONES adapted the second half of the chapter sooo good. Thank you.

I teared up when Izuku went to save Katsuki and then cried a bit in the last part with Izuku and All Might. I'm so happy for my son, his first steps as a hero.

Also, noticed the change in the smoking scene with Katsuki and his friends. I knew they would do that because censorship (they did the same with JJBA). Also, Katsuki called Izuku a nerd using the English word pff look who is talking.

I might rewatch the first 2 episodes together some time during this week. I have a feeling the story will flow better.

P.S. OP spoilers
Apr 10, 2016 12:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh that was amazing! I try not to whore the word amazing like other people do, so I try to only use it when I really mean it. THAT right there was amazing.

Best part of the episode is when Deku ran in without thinking, and of course the end too. Loved seeing Deku being told he really is a hero animated.

I love cheering on Deku, but next episode is where things get real.
Apr 10, 2016 12:31 PM
Apr 2015
Just a question, will there be some kind of epic fight by the end of this?
Apr 10, 2016 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
what a beautiful episode, I almost cried at the end haha

i hope they don't make a filler ending to this serie, the story seems very good.

Be as free as you can be.
Apr 10, 2016 12:37 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
PNDRetro said:
Just a question, will there be some kind of epic fight by the end of this?
You'll get to see some good fights in this season. But the best ones may not be adapted unless a second season happens.
Apr 10, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
better than the first episode, i still hate the crybaby mc though. hopefully he will man up asap. all might on the other hand is an interesting character. looking forward to more 'murica punches

Apr 10, 2016 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
So far I'm still not sold yet with this anime. Pretty much generic shounen anime ever. The power to be a hero is believing in yourself kind of thing. Though it's still enjoyable with the quirks and feels.

Apr 10, 2016 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
That was a sweet episode. All Might being inspired by an act of selflessness. That wound looked horrible though
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 10, 2016 1:12 PM

Mar 2016
Damn the feels man , a detroit smash this time from all might lol , what's next ?
Apr 10, 2016 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
goddamn brilliant episode. so much emotion and excellent use of music. this show is why i love anime.
Apr 10, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
So you wanna why this series was hyped up? THE DETROIT SMASH HAS MADE THE BIG SCREEN

5/5
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Apr 10, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
The reveal of All Might's identity was pretty hilarious. Considering, that even he has flaws, the show gets really interesting. Combined with the great OST and good animation, this is one of the better animes of this season.
5/5
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 10, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Nerfed All Might actually looks cool with that retro design.

The ending was really emotional and powerful. Loving this so far.
Apr 10, 2016 1:31 PM
Apr 2016
Episode 1 and 2 shows a pretty good example to never ever judge a book by it's cover!
Apr 10, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2015
Great episode, I had the same reaction as him seeing All Might like that, totally caught me off guard lol. The last scene with All Might standing over him saying 'You can be a hero', was touching. Can't wait to see more.

Apr 10, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2007
Nope, can't do it. This straight up reeks of Nardo so far. Same style cheese, same style crybaby "powerless"(but he will obviously have something ultra special) MC, same style ridiculous friendship/rivalry that makes no sense.

Te fights are good to okay, but then it is bones, so it is expected. But beyond being visually pleasing, there's not much to like here. Its every shonen genre cliche in the book upped to eleven.

The hero dude's okay. Would watch a show focused solely on him instead of bunch of wimpy kids retelling same shonen genre story for 200th time, especially since I am already watching a bones superhero show that actually questions the genre tropes and the idea of right and wrong.

3/5 again. Will give one more episode to decide if this is a drop.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.