Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 24, 2015 6:27 PM

Oct 2014
ANN never fails to deliver. I really wish Kirei cupped her breast instead just so I could see more.
May 24, 2015 6:29 PM

Nov 2013
nocorras said:
ANN never fails to deliver. I really wish Kirei cupped her breast instead just so I could see more.
Honestly while I think it's astonishing how many people missed that he was going for her heart, I also think it would have worked better to make him say 'I will take your heart' immediately before he 'molests' her instead of 5 minutes prior.
May 24, 2015 6:32 PM

Feb 2015
CapsuleCore said:
Did he say that he takes that review seriously? I thought we are supposed to make fun of Gabbo and JesuOtaku now.

no i choosed the wrong word :/

also some more shit about them

https://twitter.com/JesuOtaku/status/602389987741532160

May 24, 2015 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
xShigarakix said:
peeyaj said:
Here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works/episode-20/.88524

i dont get it why you take ANN seriously?

The author is a mongrel who isn't worthy of the attention she receives, but yet the mongrels here in our Fair Lands continue to insist on acting as if she's someone relevant to us. She can say whatever she wants and those who follow her can parrot as they please. She provides us with no value, so she isn't worth giving any time towards.
May 24, 2015 6:38 PM

Oct 2014
Someone should make a parody of ANN by making a similar analysis about how the males are supposedly the "playthings" of the female characters in F/sn.

I bet with the right wording you could make it as "believable" as that ANN review. Something like:

"See here, Saber is suppoesdly the 'servant' but she beats Shirou up, supposedly in the name of 'training', and then she pushes him to make food for her! And then there is the sadistic Rin who plays pranks on Shirou, here I show you a video from the VN and I skip to all the scenes where Rin one-sidely dominates Shirou! There is no question that the author, Kinoko Nasu, wants to convey to the reader that he'd want a matronarchy as the ideal political system!"
Grey-ZoneMay 24, 2015 6:50 PM
May 24, 2015 6:39 PM

Mar 2013
So who didn't see this one coming?
May 24, 2015 6:42 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
So who didn't see this one coming?
How bad of a liar would I be if I tried to say I didn't see it coming?
May 24, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
I like how HF Shirou is described as a healthy person.
May 24, 2015 6:54 PM

Oct 2014
ReaperCreeper said:

That one never ceases to amaze me.
May 24, 2015 6:57 PM

Sep 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
"I read the wiki VN."
May 24, 2015 6:59 PM

Oct 2014
HOLY, the ANN comment section is just as bad.

ABORT
May 24, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2013
nocorras said:
HOLY, the ANN comment section is just as bad.

ABORT

...you sound surprised.

You shouldn't be.

The comment section is always worse.
May 24, 2015 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
read the first paragraph and your head will be shaking so hard you can't even read the rest.

Hell even just the first 2 sentences.
May 24, 2015 7:16 PM

Jan 2014
I LOL'd at the consecutive D-grade that she was rating Fate.

It's a D.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

May 24, 2015 7:20 PM

Oct 2014
Lmao I saw someone on youtube say UBW was about 'toxic masculinity and hero worship' a few weeks ago, now I know where that crap came from.
May 24, 2015 7:58 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Is Anita freaking Sarkeesian is reviewing anime now? Oh, dear... this is why I don't read reviews.
May 24, 2015 10:02 PM

Mar 2015
Read the first few lines, skipped to the end to see the D, then went to breathe some toxic air in their UBW thread.

Final verdict: Nuke that forum.
May 24, 2015 10:10 PM

Nov 2012
You really are the one true Emiya and fitting of that Shirou pic if you really want to go on a SJW/Feminist thread of 70 pages and try to bring sense. They'll turn you into Archer for sure and you'll regret your act of wasting time.
Jaywalker.
May 24, 2015 10:23 PM

Mar 2015
Epicenter said:
You really are the one true Emiya and fitting of that Shirou pic if you really want to go on a SJW/Feminist thread of 70 pages and try to bring sense. They'll turn you into Archer for sure and you'll regret your act of wasting time.

I'm tempted to post a sarcastic feminist critique on one of the most lauded literary works (Shakespeare/Orwell/etc) in their UBW review format just to show how idiotic their arguments are :V
May 24, 2015 10:37 PM

Mar 2013
She probably can't see the parallel between Shirou and Kirei later in HF.
And then she start taking things out of context to further her SJW agenda.
May 24, 2015 10:39 PM

Mar 2013
So, I managed to read about 2/3 of the article before I just couldn't go on anymore.

At least she realizes that Kirei is not sexually attracted to Rin and that he was actually going for her heart.

Not that this stopped her from ranting about that scene at some length. It's so bullshit because you can see that she's projecting the flaws she wants to see onto the show even though they're not there, claiming erroneously that her boobs flop around all over the place in that scene.

Bullshit! They barely fucking move!

But actually, now that I think about it... seeing flaws that aren't there simply because she wants to see them there? ...remind anybody of a certain person who posts around here?
May 24, 2015 10:51 PM

May 2014
fst said:

But actually, now that I think about it... seeing flaws that aren't there simply because she wants to see them there? ...remind anybody of a certain person who posts around here?

I ship it.
May 24, 2015 10:55 PM

May 2014
Probably doesn't help that they turned the serial rapist into a gag character.

He's Shinji, he doesn't need goofy movements to be pathetic.
May 24, 2015 10:58 PM

Feb 2015
WrongPriest said:

Pathetic? He can stop a swing from an Einzbern homunculus, he can take a punch AND a throw from lancer, he's not pathetic at all, he's practically superhuman at this point. Even if his entitled (read Gilgamesh-esque) personality does leave something to be desired.
I'll change this as soon as I think of something clever.
May 24, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2010
"Kirei's complete inability to relate to women betrays the degree to which his upbringing in the Church, a patriarchal institution, destroyed him as a person."

I honestly thought about posting a long reply in the forum, but nope. Not gonna bother.
May 24, 2015 10:59 PM

Mar 2013
astroprogs said:
"Kirei's complete inability to relate to women betrays the degree to which his upbringing in the Church, a patriarchal institution, destroyed him as a person."

I honestly thought about posting a long reply in the forum, but nope. Not gonna bother.

I know, right?

Like... where would you even start?
May 24, 2015 11:01 PM

Feb 2015
fst said:
astroprogs said:

I know, right?

Sorry, spoilered that in case.
May 24, 2015 11:03 PM

Aug 2010
fst said:
astroprogs said:

I know, right?

It's the strongest case of headcanon I've ever seen.
May 24, 2015 11:08 PM

Oct 2014
I just want Tsukihime to be adapted in movie format with 'those' scenes intact. It would be a comedy gold mine.
May 24, 2015 11:10 PM

Sep 2014
Dug_Fin said:
WrongPriest said:

Pathetic? He can stop a swing from an Einzbern homunculus, he can take a punch AND a throw from lancer, he's not pathetic at all, he's practically superhuman at this point. Even if his entitled (read Gilgamesh-esque) personality does leave something to be desired.
CAN SERVANTS KILL SHINJI
-you dont have a chance against me archer
-lancer punching him didnt kill him
-so u wanna die a heroes death eh?
OMFG CAN SERVANTS KILL SHINJI!!!
May 24, 2015 11:13 PM

Feb 2015
Maloghurst said:
Dug_Fin said:

CAN SERVANTS KILL SHINJI
-you dont have a chance against me archer
-lancer punching him didnt kill him
-so u wanna die a heroes death eh?
OMFG CAN SERVANTS KILL SHINJI!!!

IT'S TRUE, Lancer even tried to stab him with his spear, couldn't even put more than a little mosquito bite on Shinji's God like physique.
May 24, 2015 11:42 PM

Jan 2011
fst said:
At least she realizes that Kirei is not sexually attracted to Rin and that he was actually going for her heart.

Not that this stopped her from ranting about that scene at some length. It's so bullshit because you can see that she's projecting the flaws she wants to see onto the show even though they're not there, claiming erroneously that her boobs flop around all over the place in that scene.

Bullshit! They barely fucking move!
Her boobs aren't even big enough to flop around.
May 25, 2015 12:24 AM

Apr 2014
Never change, you entertaining masochists.
May 25, 2015 12:29 AM

Oct 2014
Honestly the comment section is gold:

"That's the point! The point was that what Shinji was doing was disgusting and that she needed to be saved. What it implies is awful. Like I said, it implies that Rin could be "won". Freaking Sword Art Online did this. It was even more disgusting and gratuitous, but the point was "don't you see how awful this threat to this girl is?" "Well, you saved her, so you get her!" It's more subtle in FSN, but that's what it's doing."
May 25, 2015 12:33 AM

Feb 2015
I mean a guy who literally has zero knowledge about the fate series is able to interpret almost all of the subtleties of the show and then there is this chick,who apparently has read the VN,watched Zero and still doesn't interpret the situations and tries to ride on the foundation of lolFeminism.I don't even know what to say.

This is seriously retarded man
May 25, 2015 12:40 AM

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
nocorras said:
Honestly the comment section is gold:

"That's the point! The point was that what Shinji was doing was disgusting and that she needed to be saved. What it implies is awful. Like I said, it implies that Rin could be "won". Freaking Sword Art Online did this. It was even more disgusting and gratuitous, but the point was "don't you see how awful this threat to this girl is?" "Well, you saved her, so you get her!" It's more subtle in FSN, but that's what it's doing."
Of course, in the next episode Lancer gets to bang Rin because he "won" her right?

Oh wait.

Preposterous.

Rin isn't into necrophilia.
May 25, 2015 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
Maloghurst said:
peeyaj said:
Here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works/episode-20/.88524
omfg... 3 lines into it already going into this sexism shit...

May 25, 2015 1:07 AM

Oct 2014
Why doesn't she just go watch Free?
May 25, 2015 1:11 AM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Someone should make a parody of ANN by making a similar analysis about how the males are supposedly the "playthings" of the female characters in F/sn.

I bet with the right wording you could make it as "believable" as that ANN review. Something like:

"See here, Saber is suppoesdly the 'servant' but she beats Shirou up, supposedly in the name of 'training', and then she pushes him to make food for her! And then there is the sadistic Rin who plays pranks on Shirou, here I show you a video from the VN and I skip to all the scenes where Rin one-sidely dominates Shirou! There is no question that the author, Kinoko Nasu, wants to convey to the reader that he'd want a matronarchy as the ideal political system!"

lol 10/10, plz post this on their forums
May 25, 2015 1:19 AM

Feb 2015
FlamepriesT said:
Grey-Zone said:

lol 10/10, plz post this on their forums

Are you sure that's not actually true Priest? When it comes to magic, all the juggernauts are women, disregarding Zelretch.

And then Shirou was like "Saber, I want to become as strong as you!!" and Saber was like "Ain't nobody got time for that, now sit your ass down and let me smite these fools"
May 25, 2015 1:49 AM

Aug 2014
CapsuleCore said:
Did he say that he takes that review seriously? I thought we are supposed to make fun of Gabbo and JesuOtaku now.

We do it, BL does it, and ANN is currently the only site taking those reviews seriously.

Then again people seem to get worked up about it easily, so maybe they are taking it too seriously.
May 25, 2015 1:49 AM

Aug 2010
Guilek said:
Maloghurst said:
omfg... 3 lines into it already going into this sexism shit...

Lmao.
May 25, 2015 1:55 AM

Oct 2014
this reviewer...
"Fate hater Jinai, feministu des"
May 25, 2015 2:06 AM

Oct 2014
I'm sorry, does it disturb you?
Well, if it does, good.
That was the point.

Shinji is a scumbag.
Yes, he would have raped her and killed her.
Ufotable isn't sugar-coating this fact.

And it is not fan service, there are no panty shots or anything of the sort.
The purpose of those scenes, both in the VN and the anime, was to show how twisted and rotten Shinji is as a person.

If you've read the VN and completed HF, you would know that Shinji is a bigger scumbag that most people can imagine.
May 25, 2015 2:22 AM

May 2015
Shinji raped rin huh
May 25, 2015 2:28 AM

Sep 2013
My point is that Fate/Zero's study of ideals works largely because it resists the objectification of women.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2015 2:32 AM

Oct 2014
My point is that Fate/Zero's study of ideals works largely because it resists the objectification of women.

[/quote]
xD xD xD xD xD xD
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
May 25, 2015 2:33 AM

Feb 2015
Mickdrew said:

Is that supposed to remind me of a certain rodent meme, cause it really really does. More on topic, yes Shinji is a douchebag, and deserves everything that has happened and will ever happen to him, in every AU. (Except that one AU close to this one, where he uses his near servant level abilities to save his sister, then bitchslap Gil and Kirei to death, gives Shirou a reasons you suck speech, marries Rin, and lives happily ever after for making Rin and Sakura,

Edit: Also, I refuse to read mentioned review, because it sounds toxic. But I'm sure it sucks, so I agree with you all.
May 25, 2015 2:36 AM

Mar 2011
So from what I understand she only gave the episode a bad score because she is butthurt that it focuses on Shirou and Archer? Also I find it beyond laughable that she somehow manages to relate this whole Archer/Shirou conflict with gender role issues, if this is not grasping at straws I dont know what is.
May 25, 2015 2:37 AM

Oct 2014
I didn't read the review either, but reading the reactions to some of the stuff is really entertaining
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.