Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2014 11:11 AM
Dec 2013
GreenBenjamin said:
I do admit I did like the way they still used movement in the still picture.

I like it when you say that, I usually see these things and I say "oh, so another moving artsy picture", like with the long beams and long lines also vibrant colors. It is like I see it every day but I guess other people don't :p
Jul 13, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
Molek123 said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Also people that are concerned about the bandit scene being cut out, that scene was very pointless in the manga and it didn't really mean anything. It would have killed the pace if they included it so I'm glad they left it out.

I'm not crying about it, but in that scene teigu was introduce, so i hope they will introduce it later.[/quote]They'll probably explain when they actually fight a teigu user.
Jul 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2014
Molek123 said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Also people that are concerned about the bandit scene being cut out, that scene was very pointless in the manga and it didn't really mean anything. It would have killed the pace if they included it so I'm glad they left it out.

I'm not crying about it, but in that scene teigu was introduced, so i hope they will introduce it later.[/quote]

That is true.

Though, they could add it in next episode since it's only adapting one chapter. But, to me, it isn't too big of a problem. They give a good, in depth analysis of the Teigus later.
Jul 13, 2014 11:18 AM
May 2014
Alright I was being a little of a bitch earlier, it's good so far but the pacing still bugs me and they skipped almost a full chapter of character development. Besides that it's pretty good but I'm lowering my expectations to not be butthurt like today.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 13, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2014
I love how some of you are comparing it scene to panel with the manga.
Jul 13, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode, was kinda surprised at Akame at the end when she was relieved that Tatsumi was okay after his mission.
My Candies:
Jul 13, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Vexper said:

It is indeed a place fit for ranting, everyone is here giving their thoughts, however long they may be.

Jesus dude, you're bitching is insufferable. If you hate it so bad then fucking leave and drop the show.

The anime is adapting the manga very well and they're doing everything right. Stop trying to act and all high and mighty because you don't like, "dA FaNsERVICe" Seriously dude, it wasn't even that bad. Chill your fucking tits.

This series has some lighthearted moments and I find the fanservice kind of funny and it isn't centered around it, it's just there here and there. If you think this show is only going to be about fanservice or whatever, then you're greatly mistaken.
____

White Fox has been a great job so far so to the few that are so hurt from this episode, just drop it. Seriously, no one is forcing you to watch this. You'll be the ones missing out on a great show, fine by me.

Grow up and learn that not everybody will agree with you, I'm not going to reply past this if you're only capable of responding in that manner. You're misreading my posts, I said this episode was awful, not the anime as a whole. The first episode was largely enjoyable so I'm going to keep on with the series. If they're adapting it very well, then I have no idea why it's so well regarded, it just comes across as a typical edgy show which is going to be ripe with fan service, as if one of the characters wasn't already built around that notion already.

If Light hearted moments and fan service are something you enjoy then eat it up, because those moments in this show seemingly serve as derailment to the plot. The pacing and sudden change of mood is going to be awful if they dedicate portions of their episode to show just how well they draw swimsuits, in which next episode they're going to give us another taste of their skills again...

I know nobody is forcing me to watch the show, I've got it set as average, it's nothing more than that to me. Keep the immature attitude up though, I'm sure it will go far in promoting conversation.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 13, 2014 11:24 AM
Dec 2013
kikohunter said:
Alright I was being a little of a bitch earlier, it's good so far but the pacing still bugs me and they skipped almost a full chapter of character development. Besides that it's pretty good but I'm lowering my expectations to not be butthurt like today.

A whole episode about character development isn't fun to watch for everyone, people who like the manga could be interested in it, but people who wanted to watch the anime (alone the anime) wouldn't, so I bet they are introducing everyone slowly, everyone each episode or something like that. You have to know what other people who don't like/ haven't read the manga yet think like, I bet White Fox did it too.
Jul 13, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Decent episode... they skipped some stuff from the manga but it was still pretty enjoyable. Im glad that they are keeping censorship at minimum.
Jul 13, 2014 11:26 AM
Dec 2013
Vexper said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Jesus dude, you're bitching is insufferable. If you hate it so bad then fucking leave and drop the show.

The anime is adapting the manga very well and they're doing everything right. Stop trying to act and all high and mighty because you don't like, "dA FaNsERVICe" Seriously dude, it wasn't even that bad. Chill your fucking tits.

This series has some lighthearted moments and I find the fanservice kind of funny and it isn't centered around it, it's just there here and there. If you think this show is only going to be about fanservice or whatever, then you're greatly mistaken.
____

White Fox has been a great job so far so to the few that are so hurt from this episode, just drop it. Seriously, no one is forcing you to watch this. You'll be the ones missing out on a great show, fine by me.

Grow up and learn that not everybody will agree with you, I'm not going to reply past this if you're only capable of responding in that manner. You're misreading my posts, I said this episode was awful, not the anime as a whole. The first episode was largely enjoyable so I'm going to keep on with the series. If they're adapting it very well, then I have no idea why it's so well regarded, it just comes across as a typical edgy show which is going to be ripe with fan service, as if one of the characters wasn't already built around that notion already.

If Light hearted moments and fan service are something you enjoy then eat it up, because those moments in this show seemingly serve as derailment to the plot. The pacing and sudden change of mood is going to be awful if they dedicate portions of their episode to show just how well they draw swimsuits, in which next episode they're going to give us another taste of their skills again...

I know nobody is forcing me to watch the show, I've got it set as average, it's nothing more than that to me. Keep the immature attitude up though, I'm sure it will go far in promoting conversation.

I bet he was getting fed up with the other people, i apologize on his behalf.
Jul 13, 2014 11:31 AM

Jun 2014
And here I was thinking to myself: I hope they don't kill it with too much fan service...

It was a good episode, as a non-manga reader I have no qualms as of now. I'm curious as to how these people fight and their development.. I thought Tatsumi would be your regular swordsman but I was wrong.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 13, 2014 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
Sucks that they cut out like half of chapter 2, but oh well. Still enjoyed it.
Jul 13, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
junpants said:
And here I was thinking to myself: I hope they don't kill it with too much fan service...

It was a good episode, as a non-manga reader I have no qualms as of now. I'm curious as to how these people fight and their development.. I thought Tatsumi would be your regular swordsman but I was wrong.

As a manga reader I must say that it may be a little fanservice-ish right now with these early episodes since there is room to fill some but later on there is going to be literally no room for fanservice and its going to be pure action and awesomeness so just stick with it because it will definitely get better.
Jul 13, 2014 11:35 AM

Feb 2014
Vexper said:

Dude I think you need to check your own responses if you're going to be calling me immature. Look in the mirror bro.

I called you out and I'm glad I did because you're really just making a mockery of yourself. If you can't handle a little fanservice then I can't help you. I wonder how you make it through most shows because fanservice is almost in every anime.

Anyways, I've said my piece, but all I can say that you're jumping the gun so hard right now. I could tell you that the start is just setting things up, but that won't do any good because you're so concerned over a little skin and boobs. Oh well.
Jul 13, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
Vexper said:

Dude I think you need to check your own responses if you're going to be calling me immature. Look in the mirror bro.

I called you out and I'm glad I did because you're really just making a mockery of yourself. If you can't handle a little fanservice then I can't help you. I wonder how you make it through most shows because fanservice is almost in every anime.

Anyways, I've said my piece, but all I can say that you're jumping the gun so hard right now. I could tell you that the start is just setting things up, but that won't do any good because you're so concerned over a little skin and boobs. Oh well.

What's your problem? If he wants to criticize the show then let him do it. Yeah even I dislike fanservice and those still images are still annoying as fuck.
Z4KJul 13, 2014 11:42 AM
Jul 13, 2014 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They skipped some stuff as far as I can remember. Been ages since I read those early manga chapters. But no biggy. There's a lot more colour than I expected though. Kind of expected the colour palette of this show to be more subdued, more greys and browns so to speak.

Is it just me or did every lady in Night Raid (except Leone of course who was already stacked) have their boobs grow like by 2 cup sizes?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 13, 2014 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
Phoenix1220 said:
junpants said:

As a manga reader I must say that it may be a little fanservice-ish right now with these early episodes since there is room to fill some but later on there is going to be literally no room for fanservice and its going to be pure action and awesomeness so just stick with it because it will definitely get better.

The beginning is a little lighthearted and like you said, there's room for the fanservice.

The tone shift will be coming in a few episodes and everything will change after that. I think it's going to take a lot of people off guard and I'm looking forward to people's reactions.
Jul 13, 2014 11:39 AM

Jun 2011
Could people stop saying fan service this and fan service that it is rather annoying and not exactly true anyway. So this episode Akame was in a swimsuit what of it? She was hunting fish and took off her clothes to dive for them. Now if she stripped off her clothes and she was naked with no swimsuit even though she planned to hunt then yes that would of been fan service but she was wearing a swimsuit to swim so sorry i can not really get all annoyed about that.

Also this episode there were 2 topless guys vs the 1 scene Akame was hunting but i do not see anyone calling the guys being shirtless fan service even though they were well built. Also one of them was shirtless in the same scene Akame was in a swimsuit but no one complains because he took off his shirt to swim which people were fine with but then people bitch about Akame lol what?
DragoonDeusJul 13, 2014 11:43 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 13, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode. I hope that they'll adapt the 2nd half of chapter 2 later on... Laughed at the airhead book XD 4/5
Jul 13, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2010
Really this season is a freaking monster when it comes to number of good animes in it.
Jul 13, 2014 11:46 AM
Dec 2013
[/quote] They skipped some stuff as far as I can remember. Been ages since I read those early manga chapters. But no biggy. There's a lot more colour than I expected though. Kind of expected the colour palette of this show to be more subdued, more greys and browns so to speak.

Is it just me or did every lady in Night Raid (except Leone of course who was already stacked) have their boobs grow like by 2 cup sizes?
[/quote]

Last thing I don't know about, but the first thing I want to explain as in shakugan no shana, if you would be sitting on a bench and it would dissapear it would give you a shock, but if the ground would be ice and it would melt away, it would give you the minimal shock, I hope that is what they are doing, making the tone more depressive as the episodes go on.
Jul 13, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
Good episode, but I thought the fanservice was a bit excessive. Didn't expect that.
Jul 13, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Why is Tatsumi not mourning over his friends' deaths?
Jul 13, 2014 11:58 AM
Oct 2010
LoomyTheBrew said:

What? Firstly they weren't bandits and secondly the scenes were used to introduce everyone's abilities and give tatsumi some character development, I don't understand how you can say they were pointless. It might be a case of them rearranging things, but this episode could have been about that without throwing off the pace....
Jul 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
Aww.. They skipped

Nevertheless, it was an OK episode. I just can't wait to see
Jul 13, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2008
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

He's been mourning for three days.

Dec 2013
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

They skipped a small part of that too
May 2014
Well to be fair, the next few episodes(3-4-5) won't be very dark because it's the introduction of characters, world building and all that. Also the anime will get considerabky dark and gritty once the battle system is introduced and(hopefully) the anime will get a lot better and the action and pacing will be great. I give it until the introduction of
because after that the story gets really really good.
Jul 13, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
The base infiltration was the best part, so disappointing they cut it. Seems that they're going to be cutting out more chapters and it will probably continue that way for that rest of the series. Hopefully they don't take it too far and completely ruin it.
-Dizzy-Jul 13, 2014 12:35 PM
Jul 13, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
The guy and his naïve thinking... really liked how he got teamed up with Akame and of course how he killed the ogre. Though I hope he learned that it is important to confirm the death of the target -.-

Next week he'll be teamed up with miss violent... I hope it won't be boring.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 13, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
kikohunter said:
Well to be fair, the next few episodes(3-4-5) won't be very dark because it's the introduction of characters, world building and all that. Also the anime will get considerabky dark and gritty once the battle system is introduced and(hopefully) the anime will get a lot better and the action and pacing will be great. I give it until the introduction of

Haha, it sure would be interesting to see
Jul 13, 2014 12:02 PM

Feb 2014
kikohunter said:

I can vouch for this.

It's starts out kind of lighthearted and then it gets much better.
Jul 13, 2014 12:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
T3hSource said:
I love how some of you are comparing it scene to panel with the manga.
Still 1000 times better than getting filler content...At least we're getting to see exactly what happened in the manga which is hard to find in anime adaptations these days
Jul 13, 2014 12:10 PM

Nov 2013
Action and service. Exactly how I want it ;3

Still don't like that monster voice thing.
Jul 13, 2014 12:11 PM
Feb 2014
Well, the atmosphere here felt a little more natural than the first episode ie the blend of comedic n dark moments didnt clash too much.

But I'm still findig it a little difficult to understand the logic behind some of the things goin on. I dunno what it is, but something abt Night Raid's missions and thought process bug me. Somethings feel childish and eerie at the same time. It's hard to imagine Night Raid being part of a 'noble' rebel grp, if the series does go on to end with the rebels triumphing over the corrupt govt and caring abt citizens and all, I'd be a little scared... kinda like promotibg the idea of overthrowing the entire govt just cause some r corrupt, whih is stupid since every govt has corrupt officials. Also, saying oppositions always think abt the ppl's interest and the proof is that the current govt isn't doing a good enough job? Er.., yeah, kinda scary.... things just feel too black and white in this show so far... everyone in the kill list so far has been shown to be truly evil bastards... i dont really get what im saying myself, so forgive me for spouting nonsense if I did.

Also, Tatsumi's mind feels all over the place I'm also finding it difficult to understand why he acts the way he does. It's weird to know a wanted dangerous criminal group own a freaking castle... Akame's transformation when she was checking to make sure Tatsumi ws safe was a little sudden and put me off a bit...

I dont know why, but I kinda got a lone wolf and cub feel when I saw that Fiancee requesting for Ogre's assassination scene.

Animation was pretty awesome during the Ogre vs Tatsumi scene, but everything else was nothing special imo... Character designs are a bit too flashy for me so far, tho I'm gettin used to them.

I think this show will get better later on, i'm just a bit confused abt the world it's in so far. I'm not sure it deserves the 8.36 rating t currently has. Feels way too high for the show at present

NOTE: It's late where i am, so i was sleepy when i typed it. Looking bk, even im a bit confused at wth im saying. So, sorry abt that. Still contains my thoughts, albeit rather messily
Duri1nJul 13, 2014 12:16 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 13, 2014 12:13 PM

May 2009
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

They put it into theathre short ep1.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:23 AM
Jul 13, 2014 12:16 PM
May 2014
The mourning was at the beginning of the episode but correct me if I'm wrong, they forgot to state that Tatsumi was griving for three days straight in the anime.
Jul 13, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
really enjoying this anime. akame is an early favourite. was expecting the main character to wuss out and struggle to kill but was pleasantly surprised when he went BA on ogre
Jul 13, 2014 12:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ophis said:
The base infiltration was the best part, so disappointing they cut it. Seems that judging by the title of next episode they're going to be cutting out more chapters and it will probably continue that way for that rest of the series. Hopefully they don't take it too far and completely ruin it.
The title of the next episode is the title of the next chapter (Chapter 4)...This episode adapted chapter 3 in its entirety
Jul 13, 2014 12:22 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Well, found my new profile picture (for some sites)

I hope to see some great fanart as well in future :P
Jul 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
5/5 Awesome episode and so far nothing annoying or stupid. Haven't read manga but I don't see any problems with pacing or characters and fanservice is only bonus.

Looking forward to next episode!
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
Duri1n said:
Well, the atmosphere here felt a little more natural than the first episode ie the blend of comedic n dark moments didnt clash too much.

But I'm still findig it a little difficult to understand the logic behind some of the things goin on. I dunno what it is, but something abt Night Raid's missions and thought process bug me. Somethings feel childish and eerie at the same time. It's hard to imagine Night Raid being part of a 'noble' rebel grp, if the series does go on to end with the rebels triumphing over the corrupt govt and caring abt citizens and all, I'd be a little scared... kinda like promotibg the idea of overthrowing the entire govt just cause some r corrupt, whih is stupid since every govt has corrupt officials. Also, saying oppositions always think abt the ppl's interest and the proof is that the current govt isn't doing a good enough job? Er.., yeah, kinda scary.... things just feel too black and white in this show so far... everyone in the kill list so far has been shown to be truly evil bastards... i dont really get what im saying myself, so forgive me for spouting nonsense if I did.

Also, Tatsumi's mind feels all over the place I'm also finding it difficult to understand why he acts the way he does. It's weird to know a wanted dangerous criminal group own a freaking castle... Akame's transformation when she was checking to make sure Tatsumi ws safe was a little sudden and put me off a bit...

I dont know why, but I kinda got a lone wolf and cub feel when I saw that Fiancee requesting for Ogre's assassination scene.

Animation was pretty awesome during the Ogre vs Tatsumi scene, but everything else was nothing special imo... Character designs are a bit too flashy for me so far, tho I'm gettin used to them.

I think this show will get better later on, i'm just a bit confused abt the world it's in so far. I'm not sure it deserves the 8.36 rating t currently has. Feels way too high for the show at present

NOTE: It's late where i am, so i was sleepy when i typed it. Looking bk, even im a bit confused at wth im saying. So, sorry abt that. Still contains my thoughts, albeit rather messily

I respect your view, but I can also respect those that have given it an 8.36

Akame ga Kill has a pretty bold start and I'm not saying it's groundbreaking, but you have got to give it credit for its "take no prisoners" kind of attitude. We don't have a stupid, justice MC that's a total bitch. He's willing to kill people and get the job done because it's the right thing to do, the animation is really nice, the setting is pretty stellar, and the dark undertones are intriguing.

I get why people are liking it a lot right now. I'm totally biased because I'm huge fan of the manga, but I think you and maybe others will feel that 8.36 score is well deserving for this series in a few episodes or maybe halfway through.

I personally don't rate shows until they're finished and I wish that people couldn't rate shows until it was at least halfway through. Even I was a little surprise that AgK was in the top 200 already haha. It's only been two episodes!
Jul 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Tokoya said:
The title of the next episode is the title of the next chapter (Chapter 4)...This episode adapted chapter 3 in its entirety

Got the title mixed up. Anyway, they'll probably continue doing 2 chapters per episode when there really is no need to.
Jul 13, 2014 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
a bit rushed but another awsome episode!
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Jul 13, 2014 12:29 PM

Feb 2014
kikohunter said:
The mourning was at the beginning of the episode but correct me if I'm wrong, they forgot to state that Tatsumi was griving for three days straight in the anime.

Well I'm pretty sure that he does that for a few chapters so maybe that's what you're missing?
Jul 13, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2012
shitty story with useless fanservice
Jul 13, 2014 12:39 PM
May 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
kikohunter said:

Well I'm pretty sure that he does that for a few chapters so maybe that's what you're missing?

Oh hey! I didn't notice it till now but you're LoomyTheBrew on the CR anime foruns right? I'm LBK6579 on there! Anyways yeah he does get flashbacks in the later chapters so I'm good with it.
Jul 13, 2014 12:44 PM
Sep 2013
Good fight scene definitely going to read the manga as this finishes.
Jul 13, 2014 12:45 PM
Feb 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:

I respect your view, but I can also respect those that have given it an 8.36

Akame ga Kill has a pretty bold start and I'm not saying it's groundbreaking, but you have got to give it credit for its "take no prisoners" kind of attitude. We don't have a stupid, justice MC that's a total bitch. He's willing to kill people and get the job done because it's the right thing to do, the animation is really nice, the setting is pretty stellar, and the dark undertones are intriguing.

I get why people are liking it a lot right now. I'm totally biased because I'm huge fan of the manga, but I think you and maybe others will feel that 8.36 score is well deserving for this series in a few episodes or maybe halfway through.

I personally don't rate shows until they're finished and I wish that people couldn't rate shows until it was at least halfway through. Even I was a little surprise that AgK was in the top 200 already haha. It's only been two episodes!

Oh, I'm not too bothered by the high rating, tho it did surprise me. The opening didnt particularly impressed me and I was under the impression that a lot felt the same too... but, I guess I was wrong.

I actually do like the dark undertones and the fact the MC isn't a wimp in fights. But, some things dont seem to be falling in place. Like I said in my earlier comment, some of the reasoning feels too simple n dont seem to b handled in a mature way? I do feel like there seems to be lots of blood but not so much substance. i cant really explain why I feel this way tho. Not realy a great debater myself (thats why i go on the forums to get ideas and sort out my thoughts) so sorry if I dont make much sense... basically spouting my feelings, see...

But yeah, whats the point informin all these opinions, its only episode 2. Wait till halfway n then we'll see.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 13, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
It was a great episode.

Tatsumi get paired up with Akame. Tatsumi did a great job on his first assassination mission.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.