Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2009 1:24 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
oh yea, that's right... wrath doesn't have a physical weakness like all the other homunculus. though he does have an increasing irritation towards baby cries, guess that counts for something.
Jul 17, 2009 10:39 AM

Jan 2009
this anime is really sick... how much drama do they still need to make it the most tearful 'soap opera' i've ever seen????? i mean Rose gettin rapped and losing her voice and having a baby?! that's just soooo 'days of our lives'!.... or 'sin senas no hay paraiso'!
seriously, someone should really tell the producers that people who intend to watch FMA want to see an anime, not a televisa telenovela!

don't get me wrong, i still like [not love] this show and i know it ended like 3-4 years ago, but sometimes FMA is really getting on my nerves.... if they had as many fight scenes as drama scenes, it could have been the best anime ever...

Sep 27, 2009 11:12 AM

Jun 2009
diamond9393anda said:
this anime is really sick... how much drama do they still need to make it the most tearful 'soap opera' i've ever seen????? i mean Rose gettin rapped and losing her voice and having a baby?! that's just soooo 'days of our lives'!.... or 'sin senas no hay paraiso'!
seriously, someone should really tell the producers that people who intend to watch FMA want to see an anime, not a televisa telenovela!

don't get me wrong, i still like [not love] this show and i know it ended like 3-4 years ago, but sometimes FMA is really getting on my nerves.... if they had as many fight scenes as drama scenes, it could have been the best anime ever...

You're a moron. If you think senseless action makes for a good anime, you need to spare us all your incompetent drivel.
Jan 21, 2010 10:48 AM

Feb 2009
I think this is one of the best eps! Full of action and moments that made my heart skip a beat. All just very very very awesome to me. Plus great cliffhanger at the end. damn i LOVE this show.
Apr 18, 2010 11:24 AM
Jul 2008
This episode was quite good. Is that secretary Ed's creation?
Apr 22, 2010 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode . .But next episode is gonna be more awesome . . Thanks to REWRITE . . . :)
May 23, 2010 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
Tarrasji said:
This episode was quite good. Is that secretary Ed's creation?

I would assume so because she looks like his mom.
Aug 13, 2010 1:23 PM

Apr 2010
Why didn't Ed notice before that the secretary at least looked an awful lot like his mother? Even Winry knew that she looked like his mother...
Aug 25, 2010 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was good only I couldn't see the next one thanks to you tube not letting me see it right on a good part my song rewrite plus I miss the other songs but anything but my song does anybody know where to see this show other then you tube I love it in English !!!! but this episode was great I didn't know Rose was rape and had a baby I thought .... that's why they say it's bad things they did to her they made her mute I was sad for her there
May 20, 2011 4:16 PM

Dec 2010
This episode is one of the best to now. It has enough of the drama and action, well consisting both of them. Really, I think that Ed had no reason, not to recognize Sloth as his own creation long time ago. Kimbley is finally dead, I waited for this almost as long as I since I knew he was actually alive. Lust is going on her own, and I have the feeling that this act is not going to end well for her - it's not like I care for her, she's nothing more than a bitch. Al seem to have heard/realized that Fuhrer is actually a hommunculi. Rose turns to be pretty much, one of the most dramatic characters in FMA. And that's good, if I want to watch some senseless action, I'll just switch to Naruto or even better, Bleach.
May 26, 2011 4:52 PM

Jul 2010
yep.
watch FMA for the story
bleach for the fights
and naruto for both

a baby's cries may not be wrath's weakness, but its definitly the closest thing to it. have him in a room with a loudspeaker, and just have a recoding of babies crying....in repeat. torture room for him, lol

Jun 9, 2011 10:45 AM
May 2011
So...

Who the HELL would try to bring back someone who was ANYTHING like Gluttony
Jun 11, 2011 3:51 PM

May 2010
furrydan2 said:
Why didn't Ed notice before that the secretary at least looked an awful lot like his mother? Even Winry knew that she looked like his mother...

I guess it's possible that he did, but like anybody probably would, thought it was just a weird coincidence.
Nov 16, 2011 11:20 AM
Feb 2010
jimboli92 said:
So...

Who the HELL would try to bring back someone who was ANYTHING like Gluttony

This and...

Tyestor said:
diamond9393anda said:

You're a moron. If you think senseless action makes for a good anime, you need to spare us all your incompetent drivel.

This.
Sep 7, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2012
Damn what an intense episode especially the ending, Al is he been blown up, what will happen to rosa she spoke again O_O' but will she be killed or will the baby be and finally ED sees that the presidents secretary is his mother!

Damn great episode!
Oct 7, 2012 2:25 AM

Jul 2009
very intense episode!!!!

death of the Liore people, Rose lose of voice and being tortured and possible rape.
death of State Alchemist??

so are we going to see the creator of Homunculus :P

i knew that general was pride. still he annoyed me though.

finally Scar got he's revenge!!!!

that bastard Kimbley. fucking die already.

he freaking annoys me and i really want to punch his face.

oh nooo Alphonse!!!!!

hope he survives that bastard bomber.

so now Ed see's he's mother resurrected as the president's secretary.

also Wrath seems to have some annoyance to baby despite not having a weakness(Izumi traded his own body after all)

notice how towards the end they made some manga strips.

pretty cool :P

Rose was finally be able to speak!!!!!!

save her Ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love it, this series is freaking awesome.

i can't even imagine what Brotherhood would bring :)
Jan 2, 2013 4:48 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
things are getting really freaky and intense, don't think the opening/ending matches what's going on anymore. Need opening 4! Edward and Alphonse are too nice x_x Scar, his people, are all going through so much pain and suffering, and his arm just got torn off again T_T! really don't think it's fair for the Elric brothers to try and stop him, he getting HURT protecting them, his people, and fighting the military + homunguli. MAN Scar is the Jesus messiah! Those military dogs deserved to die anyways. Let him clean the Earth loool.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 8, 2013 3:11 PM
Aug 19, 2013 6:04 PM

May 2013
Aw. The first word she utters is Ed (: but I'm glad she got him to pull himself together.

Tyestor said:
diamond9393anda said:

^ I'm with this person.
Jan 31, 2014 12:36 AM

Jun 2012
this was a amazing episode one that might be the best episode in the show.

well i thought Ed never saw Sloth but i guess he did from what he was saying but then again he probably never saw her from the front or he just saw a glimpse of her. he might have noticed she looked like his mom but of course he would never say she is cause at the time they didn't find much out about anything and after they did find out some things he never met with her so had no time to think about such things.

damn i want to see the next episode but got to sleep again.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 25, 2014 8:54 PM

Oct 2013
sloth is his mum? ruthless
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
That was an amazing episode, yeah I thought Ed had seen her before as well. Only now he knows it's his mother sort of!
Sep 22, 2014 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
Great, just as I remember.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 29, 2014 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
Haha oh the classic epic scene pauses in the end, reminds me of how old this anime is :)
Dec 28, 2014 3:51 AM
May 2012
This is getting me pumped up!!
Ed and Al are both in a pinch!! Really, that Kimbly deserved more than just that!!
Yes, Rose can speak again :D
Feb 13, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2013
Finally a good episode again, but Alphonse is still such a retard in this show... always stands between the enemy and his ally and makes things worse this way.
Feb 16, 2015 10:51 PM

Jan 2014
THIS WAS INTENSE! So much blood shed. So much action. Me likey ^-^
Feb 23, 2015 8:41 PM

Jun 2014
Please don't die Rose :(

I wanna see Winry and Sheska again!

KILL WRATH PLS. ugh.
May 5, 2015 3:30 PM

Jun 2011
Gator said:
Finally a good episode again, but Alphonse is still such a retard in this show... always stands between the enemy and his ally and makes things worse this way.

Al kinda reminds me of Suzaku from Code Geass, except that I really like Alphonse, more so than Ed :3

A really good episode in all
Jul 13, 2015 10:00 PM

Nov 2014
So Marta (Martel?) really did get a chance to tell Al that the leader guy is a Homunculus! That's good! Poor Marta (Martel?) though...

Geez that ending! Rose talked! And Wrath has a weakness for babies crying...Hmm...

I wonder what Scar is going to do about his arm...Maybe he can get Winry to make him an automail one ;P

So ALL the Homunculi are there? Wow =O That's a lot of Homunculi...
Jul 13, 2015 10:04 PM

Nov 2014
furrydan2 said:

Exactly!!! That's what I've been thinking this whole time. He and Al saw her on Yock Island with Pride disguised as the leader guy (Fuhrer?) and had no reaction to her, then Winry sees her and knows right away that she looks just like Ed and Al's mom. Then Ed sees her again in this episode and even then it takes him some time to notice. It wasn't until Sloth/secretary said "my son" that he finally recognized her.
Aug 3, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Rose talked! Well, she was only mute because of her emotional trauma, not because of physical damage. But that's still cool that her trying to save Ed was enough to bring her voice back. I hope that she doesn't get killed by Wrath!

And the fight between Crimson and Scar was awesome. It surprised me when Scar blew his own arm off. I wonder what the heck Al is going to do to not get blown up?? If that seal gets damaged...!

Finally Ed knows about Sloth! I still disagree what people say about how Ed didn't notice, because he clearly did notice the first couple of times he saw her. But there was no reason for him to think much of it until they learned how homunculi were born. Al tried to talk to Ed about it and what they transmuted, but Ed quickly silenced him. I think he noticed all too well, but was in total denial until now when forced to face the truth.

★ 5/5
Nov 18, 2015 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that does not regret much the previous one, also here the exciting moments and twists are to be appreciated, the mysteries are not lacking but as usual some are revealed. The drawings and the animations are good as quality, the promo is tempting, hard to resist and not to look at once the next episode. :P
Nov 27, 2015 7:53 AM
Nov 2014
Good episode, hated that cliffhanger ending.
Jan 8, 2016 8:15 PM

Dec 2009
So the head humonculous is a beast he accidentally made of his mom, that seems sorta Freudian to me . The animation near the end turned kinda comic book
Such junk...
Feb 27, 2016 11:28 AM

May 2014
I hope that still image animation near the end isn't because they ran out of budget. There are still 10 eps left lol, don't want them to look bad. Scar vs Kimblee was great, dunno what's gonna happen to Al though... I love Rose's character in this version, mostly because she's an actual character. She doesn't really matter in FMAB.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Mar 2, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2013
Looks like Al actually knows about Bradley now. Wonder how long until he tells Ed about him.

Rose talked!
Feb 11, 2017 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
Rose is so stupid and someone needs to kill Scar already.
Mar 25, 2017 12:39 PM

Aug 2014
Poor Martel ;_; And AL knows about Bradley eh? I wonder if he will just be withholding that information or immediately tell Ed...
May 27, 2017 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah Edward, why couldnt you make your mother "right".
AL seems in a bit of trouble.
Nov 12, 2017 7:58 AM

Jul 2016
I think this is when this anime gets good, REALLY GOOD.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Apr 20, 2018 12:41 AM

Sep 2013
The boys are having a bit of difficulty at this point...

Damn, Scar with his freaking arm. Brutal!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 20, 2019 7:18 PM

Aug 2007
Kimbley is such a tool.
Even if you think people as individuals are not special and whole entirety of the human race is pointless, the existence of a person is still not useless, in terms of meaningful relationships...

Jun 21, 2019 2:35 PM

Jul 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist has truly peaked
Feb 29, 2020 4:06 PM

Feb 2020
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDD
Apr 18, 2020 11:34 AM

Nov 2017
What's with all those still shots at the end? I'm reminded of what Tristan said in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged Series, "Oh no! The animation budget ran out!"
Jul 1, 2020 3:14 PM

May 2020
Another good episode, seems like the series is culminating nicely. Sick fight between Scar and Kimblee, wonder what happens to Al now. Ed has to fight against his mom, tough luck. And it's revealed that there is a person controlling the homunculi. Maybe we see their dad as the mastermind? Would be pretty sick...

enkil said:
oh yea, that's right... wrath doesn't have a physical weakness like all the other homunculus. though he does have an increasing irritation towards baby cries, guess that counts for something.
Izumi mentioned using other bits as well to restore the body. And there are also Ed's limbs. So Wrath may still be vulnerable...

Meritas said:
Lust is going on her own, and I have the feeling that this act is not going to end well for her
Apparently she cannot get rid of her human memories. She even went unconscious when reminded of Scar's brother last time. I agree that it most likely ends up killing her since she does not follow "you-know-who's" orders...

jimboli92 said:
So...Who the HELL would try to bring back someone who was ANYTHING like Gluttony
There's always someone with that special taste...
BeeBeeKayJul 1, 2020 3:19 PM
Oct 28, 2020 10:41 AM

Jul 2017
The still shots were really weird at the end, felt out of place with the show and made that moment a bit comical, which it should not be at all. Other than that, another great episode and it was nice seeing Rose talk through her trauma and tell Ed to 'move forward', words she treasured when Ed opened her eyes to reality about her boyfriend not being able to return from the dead ages ago.
Jan 4, 2021 1:41 PM
Jul 2020
One of the best episodes. I really enjoyed the fight and it left me so excited for the next episodes also the amount of drama that this anime has is huge I love it and it may be one of the best
Feb 17, 2021 10:44 AM
Nov 2020
Overall good episode. Just wonder how is it possible for someone to regain speech.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Dub or Sub?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 28

21 by cinnaroll_taetae »»
May 7, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 20, 2008

67 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 13, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 21, 2008

170 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 12, 2009

56 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 11, 2009

57 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.