Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, poor Aoyoma ;.;, dat emotions.

Guess she's still quite upset with all the recent events. Gotta love the sensei this episode though. Nice to see the group make some progress in their signature collecting I guess. Well, looks like quite a moody episode this week.
Mar 4, 2013 8:03 AM

May 2009
Goddamit, another week bitching about Sorata.
Mar 4, 2013 10:22 AM
Apr 2012
Holy hell, the "emotional" scene with Aoyama was so damn overwrought and unconvincing. Apparently every emotional outburst has to happen in the rain. I actually thought Aoyama was quite likable in her somewhat resilient response in the last episode, but, as expected, she reverts back to her immensely annoying self in this one, throwing away whatever strength she had previously shown.

Pretty poor episode, since this entire arc is extremely contrived. Hopefully the next episode actually focuses on Mashiro, as it's increasingly felt like she's not the main heroine. Also, this arc better conclude in the next episode, since the only way to satisfyingly end the show is by forcing the seventh and eighth volumes into the final two episodes. Otherwise, the easy-to-predict romantic aspect of the show would have all been for naught.

Also, I don't hate Sorata like some others, but his immature responses to anything involving Mashiro has become awfully tiresome.
Mar 4, 2013 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
LOOL they might fuck over the fans and not give them a proper ending.
And i thought this show couldn't get any worse ._.
Mar 4, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
i thought that was suppose to be the entertaining part of the show. wait...
Mar 4, 2013 2:38 PM

Aug 2011
Poor Sorata. Although it's true though. I like how Sakurasou is actually realistic about how even when you do put in lots of hard work, you will sometimes fail.

MASHIRON DON'T LEAVE.

NOO.
Mar 4, 2013 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
Sorry but didn't the emotion in this episode feel way to forced? It just felt overdone compared to how the rest of the series has been done.

First time I wanted to drop a episode of this series half way through...
Mar 4, 2013 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
So to the people who have read Light Novels. Will we get an Anime original ending? Or a solid one from Light novel
Mar 4, 2013 3:11 PM

May 2009
I just cringe for that terrible scene in rain, what a shitty VA trully voices shitty wannabe VA.
I hope last three episodes will be at last focused on Mashiro.
Mar 4, 2013 3:19 PM
Apr 2012
Tyrel said:
So to the people who have read Light Novels. Will we get an Anime original ending? Or a solid one from Light novel

It seems unlikely that they will conclude this show with the ending of the sixth volume, since there's not nearly enough material to fill three more episodes. The show will most likely attempt to "Toradora" the ending by condensing the events of the seventh and eighth LN's into the last two episodes. Of course, they could also go for an anime original conclusion, but I highly doubt that will happen. IMO, the eighth volume is the only one that would provide a satisfying conclusion, since the end to the seventh is somewhat of a cliffhanger. The adaptation for the second half of the show has been really poorly executed though, since they spent far too much time on each volume, so I'm not that hopeful for the ending.
Mar 4, 2013 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
gaiusbaltar24 said:
Tyrel said:

It seems unlikely that they will conclude this show with the ending of the sixth volume, since there's not nearly enough material to fill three more episodes. The show will most likely attempt to "Toradora" the ending by condensing the events of the seventh and eighth LN's into the last two episodes. Of course, they could also go for an anime original conclusion, but I highly doubt that will happen. IMO, the eighth volume is the only one that would provide a satisfying conclusion, since the end to the seventh is somewhat of a cliffhanger.

Gah that's going to kill me D;.
Mar 4, 2013 3:27 PM

May 2012
Im really hoping for the ending everyone else is hoping for, but sorata's bein a real douche here recently... and dafuq was with that ending? and now i gotta wait another week to see whats next -_-
Mar 4, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it was a pretty touching episode for me but the way that everything is going wrong for everyone is getting a bit too much, i hope something good happens soon.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 4, 2013 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
well lets just say this episode marks a down fall for the series. I had such high hopes for this show. They should just re-name this show " The People who cant handle failure!" All they do is whine and blame other people for doing better then them. When i see people who can draw. Im not like " FUCK DAMMIT LIFE IS UNFAIR". Im just like wow that's cool. I dont know i just want this to end so i can see if this was a wast of time or if they pull off the ending...
Mar 4, 2013 3:49 PM

Aug 2012
We all know Sorata is going to grow up to be a wife beater =P lol. All he needs is a bad day an 2 beers.

Kinda like how he gets "rough" with Jin and Ryuunosuke over a few words.
Mar 4, 2013 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
I think everyone is taking this episode to harshly just because they decided to add more emotional stuff. Personally, I like this episode because it's so relatable. But yeah, that ending was a real kick in the stomach to Sorata "we don't want you but we want the artist".

I agree with the fact that the ending might be rushed though...I hope not. They better do something to pick things back up soon.
Mar 4, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2008
I actually really liked this episode and it actually deals with problems that people in the real world face.

Personally Aoyama is my favorite character so her rain scene especially was touching imo. Even if it was forced. And hey, I like Aoyama's VA just cause she's new and this is only her second role it fits with her character kind of.

And I need the soundtrack to this show just for the Days of Dash piano version.
Mar 4, 2013 4:06 PM

Nov 2012
i also dont get how people are so harsh on this episode. what just because it takes a more serious tone all of a sudden, it lowers your opinion of the entire series? i like shows where characters have conflicts and learn or be destroyed by it. it makes the show more interesting.

and whats with the sorata hate? or the ayoma hate? of course theyre whining. theyve work harder than they thought they could on something they love and are constantly denied by the world. do you know what that feeling is like? and to make matters worse the live with someone who seemingly doesnt even try and get everything she wants. mashiro getting that offer only adds salt to the wound.

now that ive got that out of the way.

i liked this episode. its strange cause i dont remember laughing once in this ep or even the last and yet still enjoyed them both. i admit theyve spent way too much time on this "sakurasou closing" arc than i like but i like where its going. im beginning to like ayoma more and more and kinda want her to end up with sorata. id be kinda pissed if mashiro ended up with him cause i totally forgot she even loves him. where with ayoma we see she loves him so much its tormenting.

anyway cant wait for next ep.
Mar 4, 2013 4:07 PM

Jun 2010
bastek66 said:
Mar 4, 2013 4:07 PM

May 2012
like this ep i want to wipe nanami's tears, i can really relate those two, that the world so unfair.. though this ep feel sorry for mashiro for being talented that its inevitable to put a blame on her...

Mar 4, 2013 4:17 PM
Apr 2012
volt79 said:
i also dont get how people are so harsh on this episode. what just because it takes a more serious tone all of a sudden, it lowers your opinion of the entire series? i like shows where characters have conflicts and learn or be destroyed by it. it makes the show more interesting.

and whats with the sorata hate? or the ayoma hate? of course theyre whining. theyve work harder than they thought they could on something they love and are constantly denied by the world. do you know what that feeling is like? and to make matters worse the live with someone who seemingly doesnt even try and get everything she wants. mashiro getting that offer only adds salt to the wound.

now that ive got that out of the way.

i liked this episode. its strange cause i dont remember laughing once in this ep or even the last and yet still enjoyed them both. i admit theyve spent way too much time on this "sakurasou closing" arc than i like but i like where its going. im beginning to like ayoma more and more and kinda want her to end up with sorata. id be kinda pissed if mashiro ended up with him cause i totally forgot she even loves him. where with ayoma we see she loves him so much its tormenting.

anyway cant wait for next ep.

Episode 4 handled the emotional moments superbly, this one didn't; this was even worse than Rita's first episode. I think most understand what Aoyama and Sorata are going through, but it doesn't make their reactions any less forced, mostly Aoyama's. Also, Mashiro tries just as hard as them, but she's simply more talented.
Mar 4, 2013 4:19 PM

Aug 2012
The ending was messed up for Sorata but the episode was overall pretty entertaining regardless of the forced emotional scenes

Mar 4, 2013 4:21 PM
Jan 2013
I'm pretty pissed off with this episode. Are they forgetting that Mashiro is supposed to be the heroine of this series. There are only 3 episodes left and yet we haven't get the proper romance treatment between Sorata and Mashiro. Always Aoyama in the picture. This is a blah episode, totally weak, in my opinion. I hope they could turn it around for the next 3 remaining.
Mar 4, 2013 4:23 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Jerked my emotions and reactions around to the Four Winds.
Mar 4, 2013 4:30 PM

Nov 2008
I was hoping to have volume 8 at least conclude the anime adaption (and maybe OVA's or a smaller season for the final bits left undone) But .. I cant really see how to cram everything from whats left of 6 and then all of 7 and 8 into 3 episodes - sigh
Mar 4, 2013 4:31 PM
Jan 2013
It looks like with Nanami getting more screen time the ending is pretty much leaning towards to a Sorata x Aoyama ending. I hope not. I acknowledge her hard work and all but Mashiro is just the same. We don't get to see that because most of Sakurasou's episodes are about Nanami.
Mar 4, 2013 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
Oh man that was one depressing episode.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 4, 2013 4:38 PM
Apr 2012
chinvincible said:
It looks like with Nanami getting more screen time the ending is pretty much leaning towards to a Sorata x Aoyama ending. I hope not. I acknowledge her hard work and all but Mashiro is just the same. We don't get to see that because most of Sakurasou's episodes are about Nanami.

All the important romantic developments have happened between Sorata and Mashiro, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Mar 4, 2013 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
I'm glad Sorata didn't make it. I love the Project Diva games.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2013 5:16 PM

Nov 2007
The enemy of similar genre won against his game... Seiyuu girl to the limit, and needs someone who felt like that (but not as much) to calm her down. Then illustrator girl stole his job. Wow. This shows talented people always get superior to those who doesn't no matter how hard they try.
tsubasaloverMar 4, 2013 7:01 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 4, 2013 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
Even as a Mashiro fan, I have to admit I rather liked the scene with Aoyama and Sorata this episode. On the other hand, man, Sorata still doesn't know how to control his random rages at his own mediocrity. It looks like Mashiro is actually going to leave Sakurasou to save it from being torn down, but hmm. Is it confirmed that they'll animate till the end of vol. 8? Because it doesn't feel like they'll have enough episodes left to animate roughly 2 volumes of content.
Mar 4, 2013 5:17 PM

Jan 2013
Smooth move Sorata.
Mar 4, 2013 5:21 PM
Sep 2010
I dont get that what with people here saying this episode is bad. I really like this episode. Have you guys actually work so hard for 2 year and it failed and you mostly cant pursued it anymore? The hard work Nanami put is really alot.

I really want to cheer and help Nanami ....

This is not originated from manga, the screen time for each character in each volume varies. Seemingly they stuff all 6-8(?) volume of anime into 24 episodes.

The only thing I agree is the part where Sorata VA after he saw the mail is overdone. But it is understandable....They are still kids : ).

I just dont get why you guys rate this episode as bad :/ ...

(was really really raging when I read the comments)

"gaiusbaltar24" said:
Episode 4 handled the emotional moments superbly, this one didn't; this was even worse than Rita's first episode. I think most understand what Aoyama and Sorata are going through, but it doesn't make their reactions any less forced, mostly Aoyama's. Also, Mashiro tries just as hard as them, but she's simply more talented.

World is Harsh... Talent is everything....As long as they work as hard as the less talent, they still beats them :/ .
xShinjiMar 4, 2013 5:28 PM
Mar 4, 2013 5:36 PM

May 2010
Damn were the msg of hope at? dream were being crushed left and right.
Mar 4, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2010
So anyone want to tell me what happens in volume 6-8?
Mar 4, 2013 5:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hydnlife said:
Damn were the msg of hope at? dream were being crushed left and right.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/potentialdemotivator.jpg
CratexMar 4, 2013 5:44 PM
Mar 4, 2013 5:54 PM

Oct 2011
The first half of this show was really great. Now the past 5-6 episodes have been making me rethink that. They have been avoiding shiina's and sorata's relationship for awhile now. Hopefully they can focus on that in the final episodes and have a proper ending to all this failure drama.

The reactions in this episode felt realistic to those who experience the same trouble in real life, however it felt forced and just didn't satisfy.
SummonerZeroMar 4, 2013 5:59 PM
Mar 4, 2013 6:01 PM

Mar 2010
DO SHIINA AND SORATA GET TOGETHER. PLZ.
Mar 4, 2013 6:02 PM

Feb 2012
Past few eps have been such a chore to watch.

I liked the first half of the show, but now it's just the same old shit with Sorata and Aoyami failing. I mean come on, we've been through that already for most of this show. People fail and there will always be people better than you. Deal with it.

Feels like they're forcing this drama. It's really unfortunate since the first half was enjoyable.
Mar 4, 2013 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
I really enjoyed this episode,especially the emotional scene where Sorata comforts Aoyama it was amazing. Kinda knew that in the end Shiina will leave to protect Sakurasou.
Mar 4, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
-MgZ_ said:
bastek66 said:
Mar 4, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2011
For me i thought the body movements and facial expressions were overdone far to much. What they were saying and they were feeling was fine all those feelings made sense and were believable but they just went way to far animating it. Also i have never been that fond of Nanami's VA i dont think she did that great a job doing that rain scene. This was probably alot better to read in the light novel and who knows what they have changed/added or whatnot while adapting it.

Also really they made Sorata take it out on Mashiro again? I mean jesus christ i was fine with it last time and could understand it but this time no, are they trying to say Sorata has not grown since the last big fight he had with Mashiro and that big make up he had with her on Christmas means nothing? Even now i can understand why hes snapping but it looks like hes going to take it out on Mashiro again while Nanami again sees nothing but the good side of Sorata, he was meant to of learnt from his mistake i wish they would stop forcing him to act like an ass to Mashiro just to have them make up and progress their relationship that way. We all know he will end up with Mashiro but that does not mean they can make them fight all the time for extra drama there was already enough without this.

Also is it just me but has Mashiro been out of the spotlight far to much recently there is many times in this anime i have felt she needed more attention on screen or time with Sorata. They seem to have focused on Nanami and Sorata to much and left Mashiro off to the side a few many times.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Mar 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
Sorata just gets more and more annoying
Mar 4, 2013 6:34 PM

Dec 2011
This is such a jampacked episode full of drama.
So hard to take!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2013 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
Sorata didn't exactly mean to offend Shiina this time. he just said things due to his frustration, which pretty much makes sense, and what any normal person would do. I don't get why people are still so upset. Maybe I missed something? But yeah, life is unfair. That's a lesson everyone must learn.
Mar 4, 2013 6:47 PM

Aug 2010
I'm simply going to be egoistic and go with the assumption that people aren't capable of relating as well in this episode as they've had been relating in the past episodes. You have that + tragic events / endings = people raging because they can't stand what happened. Not everything has to be happy in order to be satisfying. Sakurasou's been a ride throughout the concept of success and failure, and ultimately, how you can really handle it.

Sure, Nanami had a stronger personality back in the previous episodes, but could you yourself really bottle it in after having "wasted 2 years"? You put 2 entire years of your life into something, have one opportunity to see whether you'll succeed or be forced to move on, and fail that. Can you not understand what that'd feel like? Are there not any perfectionists or high achievers here that can't relate to this? Wouldn't here be a moment when you'd scream to the world for such injustice?

Then you've got Sorata who people have been raging at for his 'whiny' comments towards Mashiro. Sure, he should've progressed and developed as a protagonist throughout the series, but you have to understand the overall theme of the anime is its success, hardship and realism. What can you do when you've got this pain bundled up together? Nearly everybody here would beat up something else to put themselves at ease. Bull on whoever says otherwise. Again, this leads to me to my final point - the realism of the story. You aren't going to grow from one situation. Standing up and facing something head on doesn't entitle you the ability to consistently do so for future situations. This especially applies if these situations bring greater despair than what you've handled up until this point. The realism in Sakurasou is what makes the series fantastic. It doesn't hesitate to kill off (or in this situation, make characters disappear / leave) or pit characters into dire situations. It shows that humans don't progress as easily as they 'should'. Again, I'm not calling this episode spectacular. I'm simply saying that it was in fact, a good episode that addressed something you lot aren't capable of emotionally handling. Heavily struggling before finally attaining success / failing is something beautiful that you lot should attempt before resorting to posting trash comments on the forums.
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Mar 4, 2013 6:53 PM
Oct 2012
first of all, sorata is a big ass whiny bitch, although i understand where he is coming from its not her fault he wasnt successful at getting his game developed/published.
ohh and secondly i think the anime might have an open ending they way it is right now and if it does that would really suck :(.
Mar 4, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
This one seriously broke my heart. I feel for all of them..

I knew Shiina was going to leave but I'm still very curious about her painting.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 4, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2010
I would have reacted the same way Sorata did tbh with you guys. I think I would have punched Mashiro when she did freak out too.
Mar 4, 2013 7:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Javera said:
But yeah, that ending was a real kick in the stomach to Sorata "we don't want you but we want the artist".

Yeah, that is seriously an extremely painful blow for not only Sorata, but for anyone else who might have found themselves in that situation. I don't think he's really "bitching," because although he's been trying his hardest and picking himself back up from his previous failures, this time it's even worse. A big part of the reason that he was even partially accepted was because of Mashiro's art. Although to some people Sorata might be annoying, but I think it's really realistic. I unfortunately can't handle failures very well either and tend to blame things on the "talented" ones or the "geniuses" in the heat of the moment. I hate that part of myself too, and I'm pretty sure Sorata does as well. He always realizes that he's wrong.

BeyondDestiny said:

Again, this leads to me to my final point - the realism of the story. You aren't going to grow from one situation. Standing up and facing something head on doesn't entitle you the ability to consistently do so for future situations. This especially applies if these situations bring greater despair than what you've handled up until this point. The realism in Sakurasou is what makes the series fantastic. It doesn't hesitate to kill off (or in this situation, make characters disappear / leave) or pit characters into dire situations. It shows that humans don't progress as easily as they 'should'. Again, I'm not calling this episode spectacular. I'm simply saying that it was in fact, a good episode that addressed something you lot aren't capable of emotionally handling. Heavily struggling before finally attaining success / failing is something beautiful that you lot should attempt before resorting to posting trash comments on the forums.

^this basically sums up my opnion :) I do agree that some of the facial expressions were a little over the top and the scene with Aoyama and Sorata was a tad too dramatic, I still think the episode was great. I felt the frustration Sorata went through when he received the call and I started crying because I know it all too well.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.