Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2013 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ah, it looks like the arc is over. Dat talk on the beach and a little Mio (with longer hair). Nice to see that flashback in my opinion and what happened to her from Mio's perspective.

The scenes with Riki were also pretty interesting to watch imo.
Stark700Jan 12, 2013 7:31 AM
Jan 12, 2013 7:50 AM

Aug 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i cried.

obviously it wasn't as good as it was in the visual novel. but it was still very enjoyable. for those that truly want the full experience, i recommend playing through the route in the VN. romance, and much more poetic.

Also, like Komari's broken state. Midori wasn't really shown enough for the viewer to connect with her to feel bad about her loss.

although i REALLY enjoyed seeing Mio crying while grasping at her shadow. loved seeing that animated.

5/5 for a decently adapted arc

also lol

Funya-UsagiJan 12, 2013 8:49 AM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jan 12, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2011
That was a damn nice ending to Mio's arc. Highlighted the important details of her route and pulled it off with very well done execution and visuals. I'm happier with how this arc was done compared to Komari's since it did sort of get cut down on quality, but no problems with this one at least. :)

And I agree, it's still better in the VN, but adaptions aren't always perfect and I still thought this was really nice.
Jan 12, 2013 7:57 AM

Jan 2011
Cried as well.
Although the scenes were truncated, the key points are there. Overall, Mio's route was adapted pretty well, especially compared to Komari.
And yays for Clear Weather After the Rain. I hope that becomes the ending from now one, except for Haruka and Kurugaya's ending.
Jan 12, 2013 7:59 AM

Sep 2012
Surprisingly good, for how much content was removed. Certainly a good finish to Mio's arc. Except "Approaching Light" didn't play at all...hmmm...*look of disapproval*. Ending montage was quite nice.

Anyways to my main point. Next week is...

AWFULLY FUN FILLED SLEEPOVER PARTY

I DON'T THINK YOU GUYS HEARD ME PROPERLY

IT'S THE AWFULLY FUN FILLED SLEEPOVER PARTY

AWFULLY
FUN
FILLED
SLEEPOVER
PARTY!!!!!!!

WAFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Jan 12, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2011
dizzyworld2 said:
Cried as well.
Although the scenes were truncated, the key points are there. Overall, Mio's route was adapted pretty well, especially compared to Komari.
And yays for Clear Weather After the Rain. I hope that becomes the ending from now one, except for Haruka and Kurugaya's ending.

interesting point...

They're REALLY driving the "i used to be the same, until i found the little busters". Which is good... yes... keep feeding us the happiness...im just waiting for the punch in the gut.

also *getting ready for the naysayers*
Funya-UsagiJan 12, 2013 8:13 AM
Jan 12, 2013 8:27 AM

Feb 2012
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, this episode was sooooooooooo good :D i think people should no longer worry about J.C staff now.

I revoke the nickname "Little Budget" from this series (at least the episode). All those viusals, the rainbow headband, her memories as a child, everything was so perfect.

They kept the glasses scene, so happy :D And even though it had the feel of Midori as the villain the entire arc, when Mio was crying you can't help but feel sorry for the both of them.

They used Sunshine after the Rain for the ending!!! :D everything I wanted in this episode happened! Just awesome, did I say this episode was perfect? XD

People afraid of a friendship end? Your fears are now in vein, they did it pretty well :D

Okay I should stop in case someone who hasn't seen the ep yet decides to come and read the comments -.-

But dat preview, all I can say is "Yamade Kurugaya-san" can't wait :D
Jan 12, 2013 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, sounds REALLY good.
I can't wait for the subs later tonight ;X
Jan 12, 2013 8:33 AM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Surprisingly good, for how much content was removed. Certainly a good finish to Mio's arc. Except "Approaching Light" didn't play at all...hmmm...*look of disapproval*. Ending montage was quite nice.

Anyways to my main point. Next week is...

AWFULLY FUN FILLED SLEEPOVER PARTY

I DON'T THINK YOU GUYS HEARD ME PROPERLY

IT'S THE AWFULLY FUN FILLED SLEEPOVER PARTY

AWFULLY
FUN
FILLED
SLEEPOVER
PARTY!!!!!!!

WAFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Make way for Trap riki!
Jan 12, 2013 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
the scene at the river bank with kyousuke was absolutely beautiful.

as in kyousuke is beautiful.

I kinda actually have faith that they can adapt refrain pretty well after watching this
Jan 12, 2013 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, that was surprisingly good
Jan 12, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2011
I understand the feels but I don't see this was worth tear-shedding. For me at least. I just have loads of goosebumps.

Jan 12, 2013 9:08 AM

May 2012
Great episode. I believe that kuragaya route will be one of the best since it only involves the little busters. So more screen time for her. Also Kud hopefully we dont have to watch her study for 2 whole shows.
Jan 12, 2013 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
Mio was probably one of my least favorite of the heroine routes from the original Little Busters, so I want to see how they wrap it up when it's subbed ;x
Jan 12, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
blubberflub said:
the scene at the river bank with kyousuke was absolutely beautiful.

as in kyousuke is beautiful.

I'm looking forward to this now, haha.
Jan 12, 2013 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Vladz0r said:
Damn, sounds REALLY good.
I can't wait for the subs later tonight ;X

agreed
Jan 12, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
Nice closure to the arc. I'm sure when I play though the VN, I will have an expanded experience.
Jan 12, 2013 1:36 PM

Sep 2012
Elite60 said:
Nice closure to the arc. I'm sure when I play though the VN, I will have an expanded experience.

Yes, DEFINITELY play the Visual Novel sometime before the anime finishes.
Also, don't try to skip anything in the Visual Novel, because the events go out of order and are discussed in greater detail in the Visual Novel.

The VN's hilarious all the way through, so just check out all the dialogue ;>
Jan 12, 2013 2:22 PM

Jul 2010
Oh my lord, LOVED the episode, almost cried ;O; (I reminded Fuko's arc) Great animation!! Great ending song! And LOVED the final scenes, the Little Busters! together are awesome ^^ And next episode hurry hurry, please!!! xD Can't wait for it~~

Jan 12, 2013 3:16 PM

Aug 2012
I thought it would be dissapointing if it's a friendship end but they execute it very well and they finally played Little Melody.

Overall, It's an excellent closure of her arc compared to Komari
Jan 12, 2013 4:41 PM

Jan 2012
Mio was very intriguing. And a hug from Riki there at the beach would have been even more better! xD.

Good ep as always, hope they redraw a lot on the BD
Jan 12, 2013 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
A question to VN readers: Did this arc feel rushed in your opinion or was anything you were looking forward to left out?
Jan 12, 2013 4:55 PM

Oct 2011
Sury said:
A question to VN readers: Did this arc feel rushed in your opinion or was anything you were looking forward to left out?
Maybe a bit... but most important parts were here and I felt a lot more than while playing the game.

Nice episode in general, I started to like Mio a lot more... and somehow feel sorry for Midori.
But all ends well.
Jan 12, 2013 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
Sury said:

if you say rush maybe yes it is...
but it's fine like this...

Jan 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
Sury said:

Maybe and Maybe not. They left out some scenes like a Hug, etc, but you can't really put that in the anime adaptation. I wanted them to put the stuff where they go to a bookstore to buy a book for Riki and how Mio is going crazy and grabbing 30+ books.

Overall they did her route nicely with some of the lesser stuff missing, but yea. I shed like a single tear only, surprised I even did because I already did during the VN (Which had more impact than anime adaptation. Music plays longer, scene lasts longer etc.

AWFULLY FUN FILLED SLEEPOVER PARTY. YESSSSSSSSSS. Trap Riki Incoming, oh god the bath scene. Inb4 "FANSERVICE."
TyrelJan 12, 2013 5:16 PM
Jan 12, 2013 5:07 PM

Sep 2012
Dat Kyousuke with Riki at the lake ._.

DAMN at 9:56 when they whipped out that melody song (I can't find it on the OST)
The flashback animations were so nice, both the ones with Mio and Midori, and the ones with the Little Busters with Mio.
The White bird animation was better than expected.
OH MY GOD at 15:49 when they played "Song For Friends Instrumental" O_O
At 17:20 when the flashbacks hit, HOLY LORD and "Parting of the Boys" started playing ;_;
Then at 18:21... "Faraway Instrumental"!
I don't know if they used it yet, but damn, that's my favorite one. It'll be amazing when they use Rita's sung version later on in the anime.
The flashback with Kyosuke and Riki, and the Little Busters with Mio.
21:17- "Parting of the Boys" starts playing. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Not even just piano version!

Although it lacked a lot of (seriously boring) text from the Visual Novel and the romantic scenes, I thought this adaptation was a lot better than when I read the Visual Novel.
When I read the VN, I teared up in every single route except Mio's. Maybe it's because some of the songs that were used reminded me of Refrain, but I thought it was really well done.

I have even higher hopes for Refrain now. I hope LB gets more popular now that it's on CrunchyRoll as well.
Episode 15: Harem party and trap Riki, Yesssssssssssssss.

Here are some screenshots. I was just gonna take a few, but I wound up going through the whole thing getting a ton of screenshots XD
I also messed up and there's a little black border around the pics but here:
http://imgur.com/a/VAo1P
Jan 12, 2013 5:10 PM

Sep 2012
They finally played the famous 'Faraway' and it was inserted pretty well too.
Anime- only viewers are probably going wtf at this episode but its better to pass it off as key magic ..for now.

YES NEXT WEEK ITS THE SLEEPOVER! I hope they show us what the guys were up to that night too.
Jan 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Sep 2010
Sury said:

I think it always like this. When you compare Anime with VN or LN it always feel even a little rushed.
Most of scenes were here and even nicely done,

Jan 12, 2013 5:13 PM

Nov 2009
I don't know. I had this problem when I was playing the Visual Novel as well.

I'm really not sure why Riki went out of his way to get Mio back, Midori was a really good character and had a much bigger impact on everyone around her than the presenceless Mio.

Still looking forward to the next episode, the famous slumber party one. I'm sure Masato will be legendary as he always is.

I'm thinking Haruka's route will probably be next. I feel that it will allow some fleshing out of Kanata's character for Kud's route when she is her roommate etc.

Just an opinion though
Jan 12, 2013 5:18 PM

Oct 2010
I was confused by all of the magical elements in this episode, but eh, that's Key for ya. I didn't cry, but still felt a pang of sadness. All of the background music used in this was beautiful, except for the lack of Approaching Light (trying to learn this on the piano right now). I loved Midori's memory manipulation at the beginning and will miss her presence, although what was she doing in trying to seduce Riki last episode? I'm growing more and more comfortable with this adaptation, but I can't see where they're going to end at the 26th episode. We still have four more girls and three EX characters plus this famous Refrain arc.

Jan 12, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
shirayuki75 said:
I was confused by all of the magical elements in this episode, but eh, that's Key for ya. I didn't cry, but still felt a pang of sadness. All of the background music used in this was beautiful, except for the lack of Approaching Light (trying to learn this on the piano right now). I loved Midori's memory manipulation at the beginning and will miss her presence, although what was she doing in trying to seduce Riki last episode? I'm growing more and more comfortable with this adaptation, but I can't see where they're going to end at the 26th episode. We still have four more girls and three EX characters plus this famous Refrain arc.

Most likely end at Kurugaya route. IMO going to be Haruka, Kud then Kurugaya route. Leaving Rin for refrain
Jan 12, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
There's one thing that it didn't make sense on this episode. Well, I'll just leave that and wait for someone who figures that out.

Jan 12, 2013 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
Man, that was a great episode, this is what I'm looking for in a Key show :p
Jan 12, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
There's one thing that it didn't make sense on this episode. Well, I'll just leave that and wait for someone who figures that out.

Is it something only a VN player would notice?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 12, 2013 5:35 PM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:
Anime- only viewers are probably going wtf at this episode but its better to pass it off as key magic ..for now.

YES NEXT WEEK ITS THE SLEEPOVER! I hope they show us what the guys were up to that night too.

They didn't play Faraway. Are you thinking of Little Melody or Clear Weather After Rain?

Faraway is going to be reserved for much stronger emotional scenes...

Hehe...it seems people are starting to get at why LB is so good...
Jan 12, 2013 5:36 PM

Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:

Why can others see Midori like she's real?

Also, I dont wanna hear bitching about J.C. fanservice after (NSFW) this.
Jan 12, 2013 5:36 PM

Sep 2012
eso18 said:

They've barely addressed the
in the anime so far.
For anime-only watchers, I do feel like this route got rushed, mostly because of how vague the Secret of the World is right now, and how the anime lacks the intimate repetitiveness of the VN, in my opinion.
Vladz0rJan 12, 2013 5:40 PM
Jan 12, 2013 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Actually, I was wondering about that myself as well.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 12, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2012
SleepingEntity said:
egnaro315 said:

They didn't play Faraway. Are you thinking of Little Melody or Clear Weather After Rain?

Oops I meant Faraway Instrumental version when Riki was on the phone with Midori. But yeah its going to have a bigger impact later on.. ^^
Jan 12, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
Tavor said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Nope. Anyone could notice that if someone paid attention especially on the ending part.

ihateeveryone said:

Nope.

Jul 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Also, I dont wanna hear bitching about J.C. fanservice after (NSFW) this.

To be honest, couldn't care less for this. The VN (regular edition - never played EX or ME versions) has small doses of fanservice, but nothing like this.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:
SleepingEntity said:
egnaro315 said:

Oops I meant Faraway Instrumental version when Riki was on the phone with Midori. But yeah its going to have a bigger impact later on.. ^^

Right, they don't play Rita's sung version of Faraway until Refrain.
Jan 12, 2013 5:41 PM

Jul 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Tavor said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Nope. Anyone could notice that if someone paid attention especially on the ending part.

I'm getting more and more curious.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jan 12, 2013 5:42 PM

Sep 2011
Tavor said:
ihateeveryone said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Actually, I was wondering about that myself as well.

I believe that was explained on this episode(Not sure because I watched this on raw).

Jan 12, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
Sa-chan_ said:

Mio should of had Riki on her Lap looking down at him while he woke up. I hope I'm not mixing this part for an earlier part. 100% sure though I'm correct.

Though you would only know this if you played the VN. So if it's for all based viewers I can't recall.
Jan 12, 2013 5:45 PM
Dec 2012
Is she becoming one with her sis? Reminds me of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.
Jan 12, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2009
Now that her parasol's gone, won't she join the baseball match?
Jan 12, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
ihateeveryone said:

Nope.

This is a legit question.
Jan 12, 2013 5:47 PM

Aug 2012
VerneJules said:
Now that her parasol's gone, won't she join the baseball match?

As a manager though.
Jan 12, 2013 5:49 PM
Apr 2007
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.