Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2012 7:01 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
good start. i like this.

the drawing was typical of p.a works...
episode was 5/5
Jul 1, 2012 7:21 AM

Mar 2011
not bad...

Jul 1, 2012 7:37 AM

Nov 2011

Well, not a bad start so far. I loved the OP song, was cute and the superior animation. I'm a sucker for P.A. animation's works so always seeing their new projects. Seems this one at least has my attention so far.

Also, did anyone else catch the True Tears OP theme at the 5:00 min mark?

Anyways, my hopes for this series are moderate right now. Probably won't be smash of the season but could also be entertaining and a fun watch for the weekend. ^_^
Stark700Jul 1, 2012 6:18 PM
Jul 1, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
Nice little introduction episode to introduce the characters. The transfer student, Wien, seems to try a little too hard getting used to Japanese culture, lol.

The ED with the girls moving their heads side to side makes for a nice GIF. I'm guessing more characters will join them as the anime progresses.
Jul 1, 2012 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
omg i liked it. it was better than most of the spring season stuff. excited to see next ep! gosh i'm so happy to see a show that's worth following.
Jul 1, 2012 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
xzomega said:
omg i liked it. it was better than most of the spring season stuff. excited to see next ep! gosh i'm so happy to see a show that's worth following.

A bit of an exaggeration, but alright.
Jul 1, 2012 11:26 AM

Apr 2011
Mike_Tha_Hero said:
A bit of an exaggeration, but alright.

maybe, but i got a very good first impression from this show. and last season was quite boring as hell. tsuritama was the only show that i anticipated every week. nazo no kanojo x and natsuiro no kiseki were good but not to that extent. sankarea, and amnesia started out good but turned quite boring in the end. others were almost unwatchable.
Jul 1, 2012 1:13 PM

May 2012
It was really cute, I'm just kinda wondering how are they going to make this anime unique and different from K-on and other club themed anime.
Jul 1, 2012 1:37 PM

Oct 2007
It was just ok there was nothing special about it. Summer has always been my least favorite anime season.
Jul 1, 2012 1:49 PM
Dec 2011
good i like animation and osts
Stark700 said:
Still reminds me of Hanasaku Iroha for some reason.

yeah true some charachters look alike

LOL
aiueowaveJul 2, 2012 12:57 AM
Jul 1, 2012 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
Σ(゜。゜ノ)ノ
Woah, wait, the choir's singing eufonius's Reflectia? That was so unexpected.
Like, really. I totally approve though.
As for the rest of the episode, Wien is kinda fun, despite taking Japanese culture and customs way too seriously. And Sawa's probably the best character by far, followed by Wakana, who seems a bit too, uh, angsty.
Unfortunately, Miyamoto is annoying as hell.
Well, this is already better than both K-ON and Hanasaku Iroha anyway. Not sure why anyone would actually compare this to K-ON though.

Oh and, almost forgot mentioning thanks to that sudden Reflectia coming out of nowhere, but AiRI doing the OP was a great idea. ED feels very generic though. And I'm not a big fan of having a bunch of seiyuu singing theme songs either.
Sigh, I think I'm starting to get back into S&M SoL again ._.
OosranJul 1, 2012 2:27 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 1, 2012 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
Splendid series. It remind of Hanasaku a lot due to Minchy look alike in some character designs such as hair and facial along with eye expressions. This is truly a slice of life to enjoy while enjoying the life of summer itself. Here are my impressions.

Of the OP, I will make a list to make it easier of the elements I like of it.
  • The start in the spoiler
    before the title itself was nice to see. It show the happiness of the character themselves.

• The title in the spoiler
    it self being full of color depicts rich life styles to marvel in seeing in this series. Perhaps that is how much of the colors reflect upon me.

• Wakana Sakai and Konatsu Miyamoto in the spoiler
    are nicely shown. Sakai being shown doing laundry shows she is a girl with household responsibilities right from the OP itself. Going along with Konatsu who loves music and headphones that loads of people IRL also have such a style. Shows how much one can associate themselves to anime characters.

• Wien in the spoiler
    is shown reading a book, which means to me he is rather of the instructive eager to learn one. He looks nice enough.

• However THIS BUGS ME! In the spoiler
    WTF is Sakai being shown for like that? Why is she depressed? What are the implications of her being shown like that? AAAAAARGHHHH! It truly is something of the OP to know of her. Truly a depressive display of her.

• Finally nice group in the spoiler
    a final shot of them shows of the OP to leave us that despite the bad shit and depression it all can make out and happiness to crawl in.

About the beginning, I liked a lot the start with Sakai in the spoiler
from her house one can see that she has to do the chores cause her father does not look like he can do. That she feeds the cat V.I.P. style. More than anything that she has to tend to her father very much like me. So I can sympathize with her. Good thing my place is smaller than hers. Maintenance takes less time. Her father looks depressed for sure. Needs a mental look out to say the least. The town along with title in the spoiler
is nice. The title of the episode itself being all in white and coloring shows more of the emotional happiness of things. A little like Hyouka strangely.

About Sawa Okita, her horse riding in the spoiler
along with her pausing for smell the flowers shows she is cultured and has a keen for horseback riding and flowers. Rather nice qualities to a girl. Geisha used to have to do this. I can also see in the spoiler
she likes to take care of her horse, which means animals are very much liked by her. Another good thing.

Meanwhile, a shot of Konatsu in the spoiler
shows further out that she likes music. While we are informed of Wien from the looks of here and there that he has privates lifts to school. While it is shown that Sakai takes the bike to school. I liked a lot that they show Taichi Tanaka in the spoiler
playing sports cause he will be in thee end the most outgoing due to his sportsmanship.

Back at Konatsu Miyamoto, now it’s full blown time of learning of Konatsu. MY #1. Love her design and this episode decided it. They sure show her love for music. It’s easy to see in the spoiler
that you need music love to sing where Konatsu sings. However glasses teacher is A BITCH! Seriously I see it already. Other girls were nice in design.

Back at school, looks like Sakai here from how she looks around she seems defiant of something. However I did like of her interaction with Sawa in the spoiler
around that time in general it was nice to see all giving out gifts to the teacher. This is where it becomes really interesting. In anime I did not see much of the spoiler
along with the following,

Pregnant teachers are not something that is seen often yet in a slice of life, IMO that is thee best element to add. Sakai further does not feel aright at all here. Seems to be on to something in thinking about it. Hilarious however was Wien in the spoiler
he actually got late but I think he got the greeting wrong, not sure but the teacher kind of ROFL at him. Must be new around. While Tanaka in the spoiler
with his reaction made me ROFL and the way his necktie operations were going.

So in thee end we have a malfunction of Wien in the spoiler
rather doing a bad intro of himself. Does not look like Sakai’s father is in good mood here.

The interactions of Sakai and the pregnant teacher, was great in the spoiler
however Sakai was still sulking away. I did however like seeing her with glasses. Add a MOE aspect to her.

So here goes why I think the teacher of the singing practice is A BITCH! First of all from the spoiler
Konatsu tries hard to fit into the play. So what does the teacher do? Makes her feel like in the following,

OH RAGE THERE! My Konatsu should never be like that. As a result I applaud her in the spoiler
CLAP YOUR HANDS! The rage of Konatsu is well justified there. I loved it for it showed her determined she was there. Moreover It was so much for her that she had to do what is in the spoiler
that of going to the bathroom to clean herself up. As it was something not in her character so she wants to forget that mental image.
Lucky she meets Sawa.

Sawa was nice to meet with the pregnant teacher, as such they exchange phone numbers in the spoiler
so at best I am to think Sawa might lend a hand to that teacher in the future or in general for help. Sawa in doing so is a nice girl.

Hilarious was, the part of Tanaka/Wien in the spoiler
while the food is totally foreign to Wien, his expressions make up rather a hilarious comedy there.

Poor Konatsu! She still feels frustrated. However Sawa was nice enough to lend her a bow in the spoiler
so Konatsu can shoot some arrows and relief of her bad attitude due to the events that happened. One of the nice things in this part goes back to Konatsu’s rich facials.

I for one am glad that, that Konatsu decided to talk to the pregnant teacher in the spoiler
she really cheered Konatsu back up and that was nice to see. Certainly the change in Konatsu is a good proof.

Meantime Wien/Tanaka, interactions in the spoiler
give out some rather interesting outlooks on both characters. However Wien seems very insistent on knowing more so shows his polite way towards Tanaka. While moreSawa with glasses and Konatsu walking around back to where she need to go occurs.

Lovely part of Sawa/Konatsu, comes around in the spoiler
Konatsu’s expressions were once again very rich and shown nicely in this part however at one point she looked she wanted to suicide there or so I though of it. On the opposite we have Sawa in the spoiler
BLOWING UP on Konatsu. Seems bottled up feeling tend to do that and that’s exactly what happened no matter who irritated who.

Back home in each of their own, Sawa on side in the spoiler
shows a nice part with her cat and that is likes to keep her company while a show of the kitchen just depicts of how small it really is.

Konatsu has a perverted face in the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2024/d73959dc.jpg
Based on the spoiler
it makes me think why such a reaction. In any case She did see her brother naked and she should have knocked on the door. Barging in like that is not right no matter what in one’s privacy. I still like her room in the spoiler
with the yellow dolphin.

Meanwhile, nice to see Wien writing out here and most of all that he does have a knack for power rangers. While Sawa looks so adorable here with her face. Got to admit though that Konatsu was the best with dancing and earphones in the spoiler
that was really nice.

In thee end of the episode, looks to me like some shitty misunderstanding happens in the spoiler
it’s obvious that Konatsu is embarrassed by it and Wien/Tanaka join up on it too. In any case the cluster must resolve first thing in the next episode.

About the ED, once again a list will point out what I liked of it.
  • Lovely Sawa in the spoiler
    instead of showing her depressed they show her with an umbrella shielding herself from that sadness. So from hopeless to resolving through using means to protect oneself? Sounds all interesting to me in terms of metaphors.

• Loves the depiction of Konatsu in the spoiler
    the way she was shown literally was nice to see. The colors and tones too.

• While Sakai in the spoiler
    is shown at best what she is good in. Archery and in general certain manners but notice loads of them are Geisha related.

• Finally a nice depiction of Konatsu x Sakai in the spoiler
    I wonder if there is YURI THERE! Sounds like it might be or develop. Well that is once you see a certain form of jealousy from Sawa from afar watching.

About the preview, well it’s nice to know that I shall see more Wien/Tanaka development but looks like Konatsu here is even more depressed over he singing. While it’s nice to see that Sakai practice her archery skills. What I am more interested is the girl on the bike in the spoiler
looks like some old MILF hotty there.

Further on WTF is up with Sawa/Konatsu in the spoiler
especially when Sakai is biking in red trench coat? For what? What really gives out certainly make anyone be curious of why is Konatsu being this way here along with WTF is up with Sawa here and her facial. Finally WTF is this part here? To know more is why I shall see this series. I want to know in fact all it has to offer.
Yumekichi11Jul 1, 2012 2:42 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 1, 2012 2:43 PM

Dec 2007
wow. In the choir they are singing True Tears Opening song "Reflectia" \o/
Jul 1, 2012 3:32 PM

Nov 2007
Kanade-chan said:
wow. In the choir they are singing True Tears Opening song "Reflectia" o/

Yeah, I am just watching it right now, paused the anime and dropped straight back on the forums to mention. You one upped me there :D

Edit: And now this is a good show. Could be one of the better shows this season and I am watching it week in week out for sure. No wonder why we have Hayami Saori, Seto Asami and Takagaki Ayahi in it! I am sure I will be loving the songs!
shanimebibJul 1, 2012 4:09 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2012 6:40 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah so this was great. Looking forward to the summer anime season.
Jul 1, 2012 6:44 PM

Aug 2011
A really nice episode. Animation is amazing, voice actors are really good, all five main characters are interesting, especially Wien, Wakana and Konatsu, and the story seems to be interesting, too.

The songs, including OP and ED, are also great.

5/5
APTXJul 1, 2012 6:49 PM
Jul 1, 2012 7:14 PM

May 2011
Well can't really say anything yet
Jul 1, 2012 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't even realize they were singing the True Tears opening in the choir scene. Probably cause it's been forever since i've seen that anime. Anyways, really good first episode with very cute and amazing animation as expected from PA Works and the characters are very interesting.
Jul 1, 2012 7:36 PM

Apr 2011
Cool episode. Looking forward to next week :)
Jul 1, 2012 7:37 PM

May 2011
So another music anime.

The characters looks promising, I'm going to watch it.
Jul 1, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2011
Yes! I think I'm going to really enjoy this one!

I'm loving the transfer student already. :D
Jul 1, 2012 7:57 PM

Jan 2011
I normally try not to be biased towards things but i pretty much like everything that comes out of P.A works and i'm glad i'll be getting my Hanasaku fill for the summer!,as for the show it seems to have some Decent characters and it already started of with a music reference to true tears so who knows it might end up being a pretty good music slice of life.

ill be watching.
Jul 1, 2012 8:01 PM

Jan 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! She said Hydrangea! D: thats Reas favorite food! I want season 2 already! ! ! D:

Anyway good start to the series, can't wait for next episode.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Jul 1, 2012 8:03 PM

Jun 2010
I didn't had any expectations at all, but the first episode hooked me up. Neither I knew that this was going to be a music show - I love music, anyway, so one more reason to like it.

The characters are decent & mostly Sakai.

I believe I am going to enjoy this...
Jul 1, 2012 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
Characters are interesting, and i like most of the voice actresses here, so probably gonna enjoy this :)
Jul 1, 2012 8:09 PM

Jul 2010
Most anticipated anime from this season by me is HERE! and i LOVED first episode <3.
God, there is so much to talk about that it would take me hours of writing ;_; so i will try to get it short and fast.
First thing that cought my eye was of course beatifiul drawings, nice views and backgrounds, just like HanaSaku <3.I was really looking forward to every next second of this episode, to see some good animation and drawings.
OMG They are singing Reflectia! xD wow, i was like ''where did i hear this song be- TRUE TEARS'', which was reaaally unexpected o_O, but well.
If i ever will have a chance to introduce myself in calssroom, i will do it like Wien guy did lol.

My favourite character by now are Miyamoto and Sawa.They seem so cute and interesting.
I WANT MOAAR.I wonder how will things go with new choir club :D

5/5
First impression 9/10

@EDIT WHY ONLY 13 EPISODES RAGE MODE.
Jul 1, 2012 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
That was a promising first episode. The characters seem to have the potential to be more than the usual slice-of-life, and not so overdone. Definitely will be following this one.

And thanks people, I was trying to remember where I've heard that choir song before.
Jul 1, 2012 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
Nice OP/ED, great seiyu cast, good loking art style.
First episode was promising, some of the girls also looked like they might have potential. Exactly what I needed after Natsuiro Kiseki just ended a few days ago.

Probably gonna continue watching solely for her
Jul 1, 2012 8:33 PM
Aug 2007
wow...it has a weird title but thank god i downloaded and tried watching it.

The detail of the background is splendid, it feels like i'm watching a movie. My impression for this one is Marvelous. One reason is the animation quality, the other reason is the dialogues and the interaction of the characters, there's a sense of realism.

Typical anime cliche'
Foreign student = getting all of the attention during breaks, and became a center of the class.

Instead of that happening, the teacher instruct someone to guide him through the school, which is the most probable case that would happen. The guy wasn't that enthusiastic to do that because he has some badminton practice to deal with.

Splendid animation in synergy with realism, i'm really rooting for this one.
Jul 1, 2012 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the singing at the end by Konatsu. Should be a pretty good anime.
Jul 1, 2012 8:53 PM

Feb 2012
5/5. I am so on board with this anime that I'm practically in fanboy mode already. Miyamoto is definitely going to be a contender for female character of the season for me, love her and I hate that stupid teacher that basically Simon Cowell-ed her. Girl can sing, you just can't see it. Love all the girls, moe levels are definitely off the charts, and it was just really fun to watch, honestly. Reminded me of AKB0048 what with the "I want to sing no matter what" kinda deal. Huge plus right there. Can't wait for more.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jul 1, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
I love how they were singing the True Tears OP. I'd know that soundtrack anywhere, haha.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 1, 2012 9:03 PM

Sep 2008
Damn they have a nice school.
DID YOU SEE THAT BATHROOM!?

Where was Mamiko Noto though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 9:13 PM

Oct 2011
It has potential. A great start to the series. That last scene was just.... awkward in a way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 9:17 PM

Mar 2012
Kurano said:
It has potential. A great start to the series. That last scene was just.... awkward in a way.
Agree with all of this. It was like "la la la, singing in public. WAIT what? People can hear me?!"

I want a gif of headphones girl kicking that stuffed animal in her room, so adorbs. P.A Works should be the only ones allowed to make cute girls doing cute things.
LoneWolf said:
Jul 1, 2012 9:21 PM

Sep 2008
Post-Josh said:
Kurano said:
Agree with all of this. It was like "la la la, singing in public. WAIT what? People can hear me?!"

I want a gif of headphones girl kicking that stuffed animal in her room, so adorbs. P.A Works should be the only ones allowed to make cute girls doing cute things.
Oh boy.
Jul 1, 2012 9:25 PM

Jan 2012
MM-Rosiie said:

I'm loving the transfer student already. :D

As am I! Really enjoyed this episode, definitely going to keep to watching this.
Jul 1, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
Post-Josh said:

Oh boy.

I wasn't being serious.
LoneWolf said:
Jul 1, 2012 9:29 PM
Sep 2010
This anime has a great opening and ending song to it, I also love the characters in the show also the girls are very well designed and coming from p.a. works what can you expect? nothing but a solid show to watch which is good in my case.
Jul 1, 2012 9:31 PM

Jun 2012
not bad though we don't really know anything yet so I'm reluctant to gather any conclusions
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jul 1, 2012 9:34 PM

Jun 2011
Cool. Konatsu so cute :D
Wien tries too hard XD
Jul 1, 2012 9:36 PM

Jul 2011
slice of life at its finest, pretty decent ep.
Jul 1, 2012 9:45 PM

Apr 2009
Well I had no idea what to expect, but I really enjoyed this. Got a good feeling this will be one on the must watch every week radar.
Jul 1, 2012 9:58 PM

Feb 2012
Solid first ep.

Love the art style, characters, and I laughed a few times.

Looks like this will be a great SOL series.
Jul 1, 2012 10:00 PM

Apr 2012
ahh this anime is so cute! good start so far. for some reason i think it will become like k-on and there will end up being a band formed or something. anyways, i loved her singing at the end. the seiyuu of chihaya from chihayafuru has such a cute voice!
Jul 1, 2012 10:05 PM

Jul 2011
Art style is so god damn reminiscent of Another. If only that was a good thing...

As to the show, it was a good pilot.
Jul 1, 2012 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
Great start. I loved the contrasting characters and I can see that there will be some interesting things happening between them. It's good to have a true slice of life anime once again.

Konatsu is easily my favourite of the main characters. Konatsu pouting at the end and her trying to do archery was cute to watch. She also has so much energy and is such an airhead. Just me or she looks so much smaller and younger than everyone else?

Bonus points for the opening song from True Tears.
I can almost see a guaranteed watch to the end for this one. Great one to start the summer season off.
Jul 1, 2012 10:08 PM

Apr 2009
Post-Josh said:
Kurano said:
actually, it was more like she's surprised that her classmates are there.. one is more embarrassed in front of people she knows than with strangers..

anyway, awesome P.A.Works art is awesome.. backgrounds are as ever detailed.. this time, they managed to pull out atypical characters for their main cast.. and with the new dynamic of combined boys & girls group for the main characters instead of the usual all girls group (a lot of these seem to be popping out since AnoHana's commercial success), this can work out for P.A.Works and the director and series composer for his first main project for a tv series.. it's really nice when P.A.Works are just working in realistic settings and an original anime project of their own.. i could end up getting attached not only with the characters but with the setting as well, much like what they did with True Tears and Hanasaku Iroha..

again, now that i have watched all of their works, i'm a bit wary on expecting too high for this show.. but i'm pretty sure that i would enjoy it..
argiliumJul 1, 2012 10:28 PM
Jul 1, 2012 10:10 PM
Jan 2011
Seems good so far. I like slice of life series, so I'll watch it with pleasure. Oh, and I love Konatsu.
Jul 1, 2012 10:14 PM

Jan 2012
This show surprised on how much I actually liked it.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 15, 2012

168 by Pitto_ »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 8, 2012

155 by Pitto_ »»
Yesterday, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

270 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

125 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.