Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 29, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Of course they would have to depend on Usato even in the season finale. Luckily, he came up with a plan.

This season finale felt underwhelming imo. Nothing really impactful an it still had the usual training stuff we've seen so many times. Looks like Rose gave him some final useful advice in their world. She really is his mentor since the beginning of the season. Ending is kinda open with more adventuring...

Could've been better.
Mar 29, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Wow, so nobody was there to save her like she saved Usato, huh...

Usato, who had been informed about Suzune and Kazuki's crisis by Amako, was now tasked with rescuing his mother. This led him to discover the reason why Amako had traveled all the way from the Beastman's Country to the Kingdom of Llinger. Although Amako asked him to accompany her to the Beastlands, Usato, considering his position as a member of the rescue team, found it difficult to make a decision. After much thought, Usato devised a plan to go to the Beastlands and discussed it with Rose, who mentioned they would need to convince Lloyd to allow him to do so. Felm overheard this and then attempted to run away.

Poor Black Knight, or rather Felm, even for a demon, I doubt any demon training is as intense as Rose's training from hell. Poor Amako, I'm glad she found Usato out of anyone because, as she said, 100% Rose would've declined. Speaking of Amako, once she grows up, who knows, she'll probably be in Usato's harem with Felm. It's amazing how much Usato has changed. Not only can he withstand and dodge Rose's attacks, but he can also talk back without getting scared anymore. Still, she's pretty scary. Thankfully, Rose managed to convince him enough to let him go to the Beastlands. And I would've thought Usato would've picked Felm, but instead, he picked Blurin... hilarious. Anyway, her being a little tsundere though, that's unexpected, but I love tsunderes in my life, so I'll take it. And that final talk between Rose and Usato, wow, just damn, how much those two have grown as characters and bonded. Speaking of characters, so many new ones got introduced last minute, so that must mean we're getting a second season, right??? PLEASE.

Now with Usato going to the Beastlands, not only is he going to continue living in this world, but he'll also continue using his healing magic, albeit in the wrong way.

Now, this is what I call an ISEKAI. It knows when to take itself seriously and when not to, and at the same time, many isekais get a second season that don't deserve it, but this one is one that 100% DESERVES ONE.

Mar 29, 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
The fox beastkin Amako looking to Usato for help with saving her mother, what gives?

Felm finding herself being out of place in the Rescue Squad under Rose's training, Amako's presence is kept under wraps, though her showing the Oracle of Time prophetic vision of both Suzune and Kazuki dying under the hands of the Black Knight and the kingdom's fall, it's a pretty severe foresight. And for someone who left her beastkin territory to find a healer, Usato is the only person that fits her description. And since he's on a mission to deliver missives, the deal might just make it...after discussing with Rose, which she has to take it to King Lloyd to discuss matters further. Usato helping Felm go through the days of the Rescue Squad through a diary, it helps her a lot, especially witnessing the secret training between him and Rose. Usato now only asking for Felm's name after the long while, her being interrupted by Blurin is just the big sin lols.

Felm overing hearing Usato's mission, to which she secretly makes her escape to see him, whom he brought Amako to see King Lloyd as he gives his thanks for saving the Llinger Kingdom from impending doom. As for the mission, he allows Usato to being Amako since they'll pass by different territories before landing in the beastkin territory. Needing people for assistance, he wants Aruku to join him, as well as Felm for sworn knights. Rose is not worried about concerns of Usato since he already matched her level, which she allows him to see Usato for one last time before his long journey outside.

The journey to deliver missives will be beset by new encounters along the way, full of the unknown.

A good fantasy show, though the pacing hurts the anime quite a fair bit.
KANLen09Mar 29, 9:28 AM
Mar 29, 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
Where's the second season?! Where's the second season?!
btw, they should bring Felm on their journey as well.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 29, 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
Where's my season two announcement? I swear I'm about to riot over here!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 29, 9:34 AM

Apr 2020
Very fun and light hearted show.
Rose is my favorite character by far.
Wish there was even more of her.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 29, 9:46 AM
Feb 2020
Man Inukami senpai is losing so bad to Felm.A very good isekai imo,only nitpick is some of the middle episodes felt a lil weak.Its a
-High 7/10 shy of 8
Mar 29, 9:48 AM

Dec 2022
well nest season it will be the spice and wolf arc
like usato just needs to be a merchant

anyway Flem the black night really is a tsundere and she had some development this episode with usato thought Inukami would tease him because he is living with Flem
Mar 29, 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Not surprising they let Usato help Amako given how nice they are. Sweet interactions with Felm this episode. She's been so cute these last few episodes and fell hard for Usato too. Was fun watching Rose and Suzune senpai too, they never change. We got to see some of the characters for upcoming arc, hope we get season 2 to actually watch them.

Really enjoyed the season, the characters specially are very likeable and makes the anime more fun to watch. I certainly want to have more of Rose and Suzune senpai and now Felm too, oh and can't forget about Blurin. S2 when?
Mar 29, 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
The real war is not as great as the training arc, which is good enough to compensate for everthing this anime lack. Which mean that I want to see season 2.
Mar 29, 10:14 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with Usato and friends on a new mission: to deliver missives to 4 areas and eventually heal the mother of the prophetical fox-girl Amako. All the while Rose the stalker and Phlegm the Black Knight follow them secretly from behind.

Well, that's how I took that ending anyway. But I gotta be honest and say I woulda preferred Amako's mom just being sick where they lived and Usato healing her as a nice little finale for this season and series. The setup for a potential season 2 doesn't really interest me all that much, nor does Phlegm as a character. But if it were a slow enough season in which it aired I might still consider watching it. On the whole I thought this series was mostly alright until the Rose flashback episodes which were boring and stopped the story dead for no good reason. Those episodes alone lost a point for the show for me. But I'll still give it a solid 6/10.
Mar 29, 10:15 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I enjoyed the last episode. Characters with their hearts in the right place.
6/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 29, 10:23 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
a surprisingly solid and enjoyable isekai that is even a little slept on, really left me with a taste for more.
Mar 29, 10:26 AM
Oct 2019
incredible episode, I like all the girls in the work, but there's no way Rose is the best, it's impossible to have anyone better than her
Mar 29, 10:30 AM

Jul 2019
I really liked this show even though I had my doubts in the beginning due to its generic premise, I found myself waiting for its episode every week! The playfulness of the anime really gelled well with me, I would be very happy if this got a 2nd season but pretty satisifed with the show. Solid 8/10 from me.
Mar 29, 10:32 AM

Apr 2022
second season... wheres the announcement?
Mar 29, 10:33 AM
Sep 2016
Okay, NGL, I never really care for Felm that much in the manga. But damn they made her really kawaii in the anime!

Next SE02 (if ever): Luqvist-arc!!!!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 29, 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
I really like this "former villain mellowes down and joins the good guy", which is why I really like Felm as a character. She is also a cutie tho. I wish there would be second season so we could see her more.

Mar 29, 11:16 AM
Oct 2010
Haven't seen an anime go this hard on the sequel baiting in a while. Will it get one though? Haven't seen much overall buzz on it and what popularity metrics I've seen have ranked it pretty low for the season, usually in the 13-15 range which could be worse but isn't great.

Anyway, it was a fun watch and hope to see more of it, even if the madness that is Rose will be nowhere to be seen on the journey. The character crawl at the end has me looking forward to the ones that'll be making their appearance from the novel.
Mar 29, 11:16 AM

Sep 2019
Reply to Piromysl
I really like this "former villain mellowes down and joins the good guy", which is why I really like Felm as a character. She is also a cutie tho. I wish there would be second season so we could see her more.
@Piromysl I was literally about to post this shot
Mar 29, 12:08 PM
Jun 2023
This King is so chill and reasonable. After watching shows like Shield Hero, I expected Amako to be captured or something like that.
Overall, this show is far from perfect, but it had some good moments and sparked my curiosity enough. So I hope we can get second season.
Mar 29, 12:24 PM
Jan 2019
ZER0PT said:
Very fun and light hearted show.
Rose is my favorite character by far.
Wish there was even more of her.
7/10

You know what? You're right about that. It's a great thing Rose is also my favorite character as well. All we can hope for is a second season, because this is a fun series to watch.
Mar 29, 12:27 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to ArimaKana
@Piromysl I was literally about to post this shot
@ArimaKana Guess we are all men of culture and see such frames as a good posting material lol...
Mar 29, 12:32 PM

Aug 2011
Soo cuttee!!!! Felm x Usato!!!! :3 She needs to escape to join the travel!!!!

Hope this gets green lit for an S2!! Best isekai xD Best Black Knight!!! <3 XD XD
Mar 29, 12:35 PM
May 2014
Hey look, it's Raphtalia!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 12:38 PM
Aug 2020
amazing seasonal. this anime had one of those titles that you expect to be kind of mediocre but wow everything from the soundtrack to the plot in the story and even like the cheesy isekai power cliche, all of it was done really well and the characters were great too lots of comedy yet very serious. rose was an amazing character.
Mar 29, 12:49 PM

Aug 2017
Damn Felm got that cake and they should've let her travel with Usato together.

As for the show itself, it's better than your usual trash isekai but nothing extraordinary either. Good likeable cast, decent animation and comedy is fine. But the plot is also a bit too cliché and worldbuilding isn't special.
Mar 29, 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
oh didn't expect the fox mother would be so far away lol
ofc Suzune would love her, who wouldn't like a fox girl?

this king is a nice guy, doesn't like prisioners (or at least turns them into good people) and makes sure to reward people who help them (like the fox girl)
thanks to that, the travel to the other 3 cities ended close to the beast territory, meaning that after finishing his delivery, they could just walk a little more to reach her mother

that knight is back, Usato sure likes him lol
the demon girl, funnily enough with similarities to 2 of the current season top girls, MaoMao's voice and Fern's name ,,, as expected, she isn't having a good time with her training

Rose made sure to tell him that she expects a lot from him, having a teacher say that to you feels nice

time to leave the country for a while, but i kinda expected Fern to go with them... if nothing else i thought Rose would kick her to the carriage from that hill they were in LOL

anyway, was another fun anime, one of the most well received this season apparently
i'll give it an 8 and hope for a 2nd season,i think this deserves one
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 29, 1:06 PM

Feb 2019
Finale is finally here, so sad to see this end 😢 ended up being one of the most surprising recent isekai I’ve seen. Season 2 me, now!

So Amako ended up being the real MVP of this first season. Their success in the battle against the demon lord army wouldn’t have been possible without her. It’s only right Usato helps out by healing her mom. I was thinking that would happen in this episode, but had no idea she’d come from so far away! The missive journey just got a lot bigger.

Usato and Rose training sessions getting way more intense and he’s becoming another her at this point lol. Sometimes I can’t tell who’s the commander and who’s the student. Remember how timid he was and afraid of her at the start? Now they’re butting heads as equals. That sparring session in the forest was so cool.

lol, Felm might be best girl. I know I was in love with Suzune for the last month or so, but damn she was good in this finale. That scene of her telling Usato her real name was so good, another Yuuki Aoi masterclass. She must’ve gone straight from the booth of a kusuriya episode to this one, because you can really hear Maomao coming thru in so many of Felm’s lines lol. Especially when she’s kicking Usato and getting all flustered!

That “I expect great things from you Usato” from Rose had to be such a great moment for Usato. Rose might put on the tough facade, but she really loves and cares for all her subordinates, especially her best student. Opening herself up after losing her unit was a massive risk and it has to feel so good knowing it paid off by meeting Usato. Truly a match made in heaven.

Was kinda hoping Felm would sneak on the mission to the other countries, but her staying behind makes sense. Rose obviously sees a lot of potential in her as well.

All those characters in that montage.. yea we gotta get season 2. Feels like it was teased too much in this to not get it. I hope the LNs sold well as a result of this anime. I know I went out and bought em so I did my part.

I’ll miss this show so much 😭
Marinate1016Mar 29, 2:34 PM
Mar 29, 1:08 PM

May 2015
Well, it was ok. Nice idea and good cast of initial charachters, too bad it ended up as another harem collecting type of thing. Or maybe I'm wrong, but by the looks of it this doesn't look all too interesting to me anymore. Probably won't be watching second season if it happens.
Mar 29, 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to winddevil1
oh didn't expect the fox mother would be so far away lol
ofc Suzune would love her, who wouldn't like a fox girl?

this king is a nice guy, doesn't like prisioners (or at least turns them into good people) and makes sure to reward people who help them (like the fox girl)
thanks to that, the travel to the other 3 cities ended close to the beast territory, meaning that after finishing his delivery, they could just walk a little more to reach her mother

that knight is back, Usato sure likes him lol
the demon girl, funnily enough with similarities to 2 of the current season top girls, MaoMao's voice and Fern's name ,,, as expected, she isn't having a good time with her training

Rose made sure to tell him that she expects a lot from him, having a teacher say that to you feels nice

time to leave the country for a while, but i kinda expected Fern to go with them... if nothing else i thought Rose would kick her to the carriage from that hill they were in LOL

anyway, was another fun anime, one of the most well received this season apparently
i'll give it an 8 and hope for a 2nd season,i think this deserves one
@winddevil1 There is lot of reasons why that's not good idea. Demons are enemy and delegation might get targeted or rejected just because Felm is part of it. Well Rose did kick Felm from that hill... to other side. After all that was same cliff she thrown Usato from.
Mar 29, 1:13 PM
Jul 2023
cristinacke28 said:
Hey look, it's Raphtalia!

shit just turning more and more like Rising of The Shield Hero 😂
Mar 29, 1:27 PM

Jun 2023
Solid anime S2 when
Mar 29, 1:32 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
A bit disappointing that felm didn't go on the journey with them, means in a potential 2nd season we probably won't get to see much of her.
Mar 29, 2:03 PM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
Felm definitely stole the best girl spot from Suzune. It's a shame she won't be going with Usato, their interactions have been my favorite so far. Here is to hoping this show gets a S2 and Felm can find her way back to Usato, even though I'm sure he’s just gonna sideline her for Suzune, I'll keep hoping for it for now

Edit: The king really be a homie tho ong

PenkoPenkoMar 29, 2:52 PM
Mar 29, 2:26 PM
Mar 2021
Recomend if u want to watch anime with light story
Mar 29, 2:35 PM

Feb 2019
i wanna see where his new journey takes him. i hope a second season is coming soon. looks like his new journey is filled with lots and lots of interesting new characters.
Mar 29, 2:45 PM

Sep 2008
fuck I love rose
I'm caught up in the manga and still came back to watch the anime just to watch rose animated, worth it
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 29, 3:03 PM

Mar 2013
That was a blast!

"It could've been better" Yes, I do think so, but it wasn't bad at all. It was a great watch.

I will seriously miss Suzune, best girl throughout this series. Never a dull moment.

CrazyButNot4UMar 29, 4:53 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 29, 3:27 PM
Oct 2023
This was an enjoyable watch. Definitely not the trashy I was expecting from the title. Not the best isekai I’ve ever seen, but each episode had me hooked. The end of this season also wrapped up fairly well while setting up for a second season (which I hope it gets) — solid 8/10.
Mar 29, 3:55 PM

Jun 2016
8/10 I really liked this series, Suzune is hilarious and is waifu material even tho she's constantly ignored by Usato, I liked Rose too, a violent gorilla but damn she's hot, I liked also the demon girl (Felm) she's an adorable tsundere demon, a sort of boss vs playable character meme, and Amako is so cute.
The story is interesting and Usato is a good MC, I would watch a S2, in the end they shown some future characters (I spotted a cute twintail girl), there's hope they are planning it.
Mar 29, 4:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I wasn’t expecting much but this has surprised to be a pretty fun watch :)

Didn’t expect Felm to end up being such a fun addition, our boy Usato-kun deserves a harem of himself. Especially after seeing the princess totally smitten by Kazuki-san, I wouldn’t have it any other way, lol. Off to the beastkin they head next, I wonder what will be in store if there’ll be a season 2 of this in the near future.

A little surprised that we didn’t get to see return to action against the Devils, I’d my guard up for that throughout but it seems like danger will be away for a little while at least.

A few pacing issues but the cast made up for me. Senpai in particular was just a treat to watch, xD. 7/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 29, 4:39 PM
Oct 2021
Wow everyone has such high expectations then name SWAO as the #1 anime 😭😂.

I liked this anime. We’ve all the seen the healer isekai whole thing but this felt a little different. Good back stories that weren’t just fillers and promising events to look forward to.

Hope season 2 gets confirmed—
Mar 29, 5:01 PM
Feb 2015
great and and nice way to show the upcoming story/season
Mar 29, 5:09 PM
Sep 2020
a good ending for a season and setting up the new plot points and characters for the second season.
Mar 29, 5:11 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to el_morris
Where's my season two announcement? I swear I'm about to riot over here!
@el_morris same here man
Mar 29, 6:14 PM
Jul 2017
I enjoyed watching this show and made me dive into the manga as well, the adaptation was well done and I’m looking forward for the next season.

Also Felm, my my what are you packing there 🍑😏
Mar 29, 6:53 PM

Sep 2023
A pretty great finale if you ask me! We get to see all the important characters and it really sets up the next adventure well for Usato and Cie. I like that they kept Felm around after defeating her and where the story with Amako is going.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show much more than I was expecting to, it uses the Isekai formula but do it well. It was one of the anime I was most looking forward every week this season, I hope we get a season 2 soon. I'm gonna give it a solid 8/10.
Mar 29, 7:16 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to Franz_Furantsu
8/10 I really liked this series, Suzune is hilarious and is waifu material even tho she's constantly ignored by Usato, I liked Rose too, a violent gorilla but damn she's hot, I liked also the demon girl (Felm) she's an adorable tsundere demon, a sort of boss vs playable character meme, and Amako is so cute.
The story is interesting and Usato is a good MC, I would watch a S2, in the end they shown some future characters (I spotted a cute twintail girl), there's hope they are planning it.
@Franz_Furantsu Again,I agree with all what you said!
I wonder who is Usato´s real love interest? It seemed Suzune in some episodes but then they never developed the romance much (except one episode) and now more girls are falling for him. Looks like Amako will be the main in the following seasons, it will be sad for Inukami-senpai.
Kazuki-sama is with Celia, so what about Suzune? I just hope both Kazuki and Suzune won´t dissapear later. I feel they needed to show more their battles, like the one against the snake.

This anime was a good one, I like the characters and they showed well the story behind them, usually. Hopefully we will see more about them if there is a second season.
I ship Usato and Suzune, that is a problem, when lately they haven´t been together that much XD.
Very good anime, waiting for the second season.
Mar 29, 7:48 PM

May 2019
Suzune really needs to learn to read the room when she was trying to pet Amako while Amako was trying to tell Usato about her mom lol.

I ended up enjoying watching this series with the only real downside being when they took 2 episodes to tell Rose's backstory but that's fine if we get a 2nd season. I also liked the characters, Usato's training arc, Suzune being goofy, and the mix of action and comedic moments. I also thought the character designs and animation were good. I hope that this gets a 2nd season announcement since this felt like a big prologue to bigger adventures. 8/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

68 by RicFie »»
May 26, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5

140 by ALUCARD47 »»
May 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

58 by Ayano_Kuma »»
May 25, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

75 by EvandroBraz »»
May 5, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8

68 by G_Spark233 »»
May 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.