Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 7:27 AM

Jan 2021
SAUCE Jinwoo is finally here! Y'all don't know how excited we are about his glow-up.
And our best boi, Yoo Jinho, has finally made an appearance.

Jinwoo decides to join a strike squad for a C-Rank dungeon in order to earn some quick cash and, hopefully, gain experience points.
Jinwoo feels skeptical about the party lacking a healer, but as they advance further into the dungeon, the hunters he encounters for the raid, who initially appear to be friendly, turn out to be quite sus.
They trapped Jinwoo and Jinho in a cave where the dungeon boss resides, surrounded by mana crystals.

In this modern world, of course, there will be some hunters misuse their powers to commit crimes in dungeons where there is no oversight. Without public knowledge or security cameras, they can easily murder or rob without leaving any evidence. They exploit this situation, inviting weaker hunters to join their raids and abandoning them to die.

You love to see other characters, such as Baek Yoonho, show up in this episode. Let A-1 Pictures cook, they are cooking for real.

Can't wait for more! Thanks for the meal.

Nov 2011
We got another trip to the dungeon but this time featured Jin-Woo teaming up with some other hunters and adventurers together. There's also obviously a dungeon boss down there. Looks like Jin-Woo also had some physical changes too since his level up.

Jin-Woo got to team up with Yoo Jin-Ho although this dungeon definitely needed more than that. Yoo Jin-Ho feels like the most human character down in that dungeon with his reactions. That dungeon boss turne out to be a massive spider yikes.

May 2020
Yes he got a complete new look, to the point where even ladies are gossiping about him… see making muscles will always have a point lol.

Jokes aside, Jin woo’s appearance really has changed, though I must say this is just the start. Grinding day in and out would make anyone this packed up, so yeah not only has he started getting calls for dungeons explorations but has a kind of new confidence when he’s talking with people too.

Still a C-rank dungeon with these many people, it’s understandable Jin woo would have some worries, I mean he’s still in the process, but they could’ve given him a better job than carrying their things lol. Jin ho made an appearance with his golden armour, and yeah he’s here to stay, but as luck goes in this series, the party Jin woo and Jin ho were exploring the dungeon with had anything but noble intentions.

They lead Jin woo and Jin ho there, to the dungeon boss place, and simply left them to their own means, I mean it’d be easy that way for them to collect whatever there is to be, without even facing the dungeon boss themselves. Yeah, so an actual test for Jin woo now.
Feb 3, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Man, Jinwoo looks even better in anime form. I never thought we'd get to see times like these.

Joining the assault team led by Jinho Yoo to coordinate for the conquest of a C-rank dungeon, Jinwoo encounters Hwang Dongsuk and other party members for the coordination. The party, including Jinwoo and the others, engages in battles, smoothly defeating monsters. While harboring suspicions about being in a party without a healer, Jinwoo pushes forward into the depths of the dungeon and stumbles upon a cave where the dungeon boss, surrounded by mana ores, lies dormant.

Jinwoo's been hitting the dungeons and grinding out workouts every day, and somehow, he's got all these girls chasing after him. And the best part? He thinks it's because of some future test results – lmao. They're introducing hunters earlier than usual in the Manhwa, and this time it's Yoonho, who turns out to be a total powerhouse. I mean, he's breaking a big ass brick with his hands – that's some next-level strength. Finally, our boy Jinho makes his debut, and he's just as lovable as in the Manhwa. But those bastards are treating him badly, and Jinwoo won't let that slide. He's gearing up to show them a thing or two.

The duo gets betrayed and left to face the boss alone, but hey, that just means more chances for Jinwoo to level up.

Feb 3, 7:50 AM
Aug 2022
He's finally here. can't wait for the upcoming ep 🔥
Feb 3, 8:11 AM
May 2021
more details than original support. animation was good et orisinal sound track too
Feb 3, 8:38 AM

Aug 2019
I was afraid they're gonna cut the nurse asking for his phone number scene because they already cut the coffee and sand in the room joke. I'm glad they kept it.

Next episode's gonna be a banger when

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KayKimiiFeb 3, 1:03 PM
Feb 3, 8:45 AM

Feb 2021
Daaaamn, how much time has passed since the last episode?
Noooooo they ended it right before the fight!
Looking forward to a lot of badassery next episode
Feb 3, 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
They really had to end it with a boss as a cliffhanger. SMH.

Nurses ogling MC's packs like there's no tomorrow... lmao

P.S. I'm rather fond of MC's former face than the new one.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 3, 9:25 AM

Jan 2009
chad jinwoo is finally here huh

and jinho makes his appearance too

Feb 3, 9:27 AM

Jan 2018
Bruh. Jinwoo became a gigachad. The One Punch Man training regime paid off. It's a little weird that everyone's taking it for granted though.

This episode ended on a cliffhanger again. Probably should've expected it. But I guess it makes the weekly wait more worth it.
Feb 3, 9:31 AM
Sep 2023
That episode felt like five minutes 😔. Also, the nurses got more gyatt than in the manwha.....or is it just my horny mind playing tricks with me?
Feb 3, 9:46 AM
Nov 2016
Is it just me or are chins getting a bit too pointy and sharp now ?!

And i'll say this again, the pace is absolute garbage. Every episode so far had at least 1/3 of useless fluff that could've been cut out to move this along better.
If this was a 2 cour i wouldn't complain but for a 12 ep show this pace is unacceptable. Who knows when we will get a 2nd season.
Feb 3, 9:53 AM
May 2021
The glow we have been waiting for!! & its only the start 😈🔥
Feb 3, 9:56 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to BlueSnow93

And i'll say this again, the pace is absolute garbage. Every episode so far had at least 1/3 of useless fluff that could've been cut out to move this along better.
If this was a 2 cour i wouldn't complain but for a 12 ep show this pace is unacceptable. Who knows when we will get a 2nd season.
@BlueSnow93 man clearly you're of the popular opinion considering how often this is stated. But I for one, after seeing atleast half of all source material ever be far superior to the anime adaptation, specifically because of being rushed for pacing purposes. Am quite happy to see a show not get butchered. And am plenty happy to patiently wait, rather than being so turned off to the anime that I simply don't watch it. (Looking at you classroom of the elite, overlord, Tokyo ghoul, and etc)
Feb 3, 9:56 AM
Mar 2019
His chin can cut diamonds.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Feb 3, 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
Jin woo is being such a good guy to know and understand these things. What an episode. Now with confidence he can take on a spider boss because compared to what he been through. This will be nothing.
Feb 3, 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
Jinwoo got one hell of a glow up. Bro has all the ladies thirsting for him now lol.

Despite all of his training he's still an E-rank Hunter at the end of the day, and is being treated as such on this mission, being nothing more than a pack mule. Knew something was shady about that group after they conveniently "forgot" their tools and were leaving Jinwoo and Jinho behind in the fucking BOSS ROOM 💀 too bad they don't know of Jinwoo's true capabilities so they'll be in for a surprise.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 3, 10:01 AM

Feb 2021
Another good episode, being betrayed is a very common theme in these series where the main character becomes OP.
Feb 3, 10:05 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Jinwoo's getting pretty handsome now!!

It looks like he was right to be suspicious about those guys. He's not cowering in fear anymore; it looks like he's gained some confidence.
Feb 3, 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
Jin Woo look changed, the nurses all drooling for him lol. He does look cool after all. Jin Ho's here and they ended the episode with cliffhanger. Next episode for the fight.
Feb 3, 10:06 AM

Mar 2010
Jesus fucking christ slow but then it escalates and we edge off to the hype.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 3, 10:09 AM

Oct 2010
so, who is this new guy at MC role? did they change cast? was old one fired or just quit?
Feb 3, 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
Nahhh the nurses swooning over Jinwoo is Crazy lmao bro’s glow up is insane. Doing 100 reps of push ups, sit ups, running 10km etc per day definitely pays off. The one nurse begging for his contact info is hilarious

Jinwoo went from getting picked on by his younger sister to the protective older brother. Making sure she’s on time for school and her book bag is on properly, cute. Becoming a player and getting stronger seems to have made him more assertive as well. His confidence growing too, love that for him.

Time for our first group dungeon raid since Jinwoo became a player. 2,000,000 won sounded too good to be true and it ended up being the case. Had nothing but bad vibes about that party leader from the get go. He was too nice, seemed inauthentic. Leaving people behind to die like that in the boss room is some sinister shit.

That “nah I’d win” type moment from Jinwoo when he realised he’s fought way worse than this C rank monster was so fire. I can’t wait to see him take it down next week. Hopefully that party leader gets some karma too 🙏🏾

Fire set up episode. New look Jinwoo is here to stay
Marinate1016Feb 3, 10:51 AM
Feb 3, 10:21 AM

Oct 2020
I was waiting for this Nurse turning to a simp from showing sympathy.

The exercise scene........now we r getting on it. It has officially started from now on.........the new look is Fantastic.

Manhwa got Justice. Now the Artist can finally RIP in Heaven.🛐
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Feb 3, 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Finally we got to see Jin-woo in his badass and handsome form.

Also we got to see best bro Jinho making his first appearance in this anime.

Also we go to see both Jin-woo and Jinho being trapped in the dungeon by some unscrupulous hunters along with the Boss.The boss is a spider.The episode ended on a cliffhanger.Eagerly waiting for the next episode.

Feb 3, 10:22 AM

Sep 2018
Last week was better, this episode was a bit tedious...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 3, 10:23 AM
Jul 2021
So does working out give you a completely different looking face?
Feb 3, 10:24 AM
Apr 2022
Jinwoo got betrayed and locked in the time-chamber
Feb 3, 10:24 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Gavinyeet
@Gavinyeet leveling up does, I guess
Feb 3, 10:25 AM
Sep 2021
So jinwoo gets betrayed by a c-rank team in a c-rank dungeon & also he has another companion with him, they are left to fight against a c-rank boss. But this time Jinwoo has leveled up, so the fight will be interesting.
Feb 3, 10:30 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Gavinyeet
@Gavinyeet actually it does reducing ur fat% on face esp..
Feb 3, 10:46 AM

Dec 2022
its happening they got abandoned and sung jin woo is gonna kill the spider
Feb 3, 10:54 AM

May 2015
Wow what a scums!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 3, 10:59 AM

Jun 2023
Yo damn, Jin-Woo got some muscles! (the true motivation for gym, guys!)
He's gotten stronger again, i mean he's getting through his training
We got Jin-Ho first appearance today
And that c-rank team will regret having abadonned him.
Now it's time to kill that spider!
Feb 3, 10:59 AM

Jul 2022
a good episode actually. so far, my overall opinion has been "so-so", but nothing special especially considering how hyped this has been, but I must admit episodes 2 and 5 give me hope. please, keep that up.
- yes I am average but how is that an excuse? -

Feb 3, 11:01 AM
Dec 2015
The dialogue is pretty rough in the anime even when compared to the source material. Still not awful tho.
Feb 3, 11:19 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to BlueSnow93

@BlueSnow93 i thought this was a 2 cour?
Feb 3, 11:20 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to effy_
a good episode actually. so far, my overall opinion has been "so-so", but nothing special especially considering how hyped this has been, but I must admit episodes 2 and 5 give me hope. please, keep that up.
@effy_ when the action gets going it gets going just wait :)
Feb 3, 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
Jin Woo's perception was right. They really left them to die 😆
Feb 3, 11:22 AM

Jul 2022
Reply to ancient20
@effy_ when the action gets going it gets going just wait :)
@ancient20 thx for the feedback! if that´s the case, I´m looking forward to it!
- yes I am average but how is that an excuse? -

Feb 3, 11:23 AM

Apr 2016
An other boring episode... Cringe introduction scene/dialogue.
Awful pacing, bland dialogues, 5 minutes of people walking in a cave.
Padding and dragging it enough just so they can give you an other cheap cliffhanger to push people to go buy the source material...
Regular self-insert power fantasy...

Random character training scene that doesn't add anything to the story.
Just like that blonde girl's unnecessary scene in the first episode.
Even if she'd come back now, I still don't see the purpose of her out of nowhere scene in the first episode, just time padding.
Same for that guy training just to fill the episode in...

Disappointing show so far, average at best. I'd give it a 4/10 but I'll wait final episode to give a definitive rating on MAL
Feb 3, 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
Im starting to like this show

I get abandoning weak members, but trapping them on purpose seems pointless? They arent even using them as bait.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 3, 11:24 AM

Aug 2022
Jin-Woo's glow up is crazy. He looks nothing like his past self.
Feb 3, 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
Bro took on his original appearance very quickly, we will see him escalate like ever before.
Rich kid with DLC overpowered kit, with no skill at all. Jinwoo hopefully can teach him to fight properly, for him to not be that rough.
Malignancy reigns, they were left alone. How could they manage to defeat the boss?
The real hunt begins.
Feb 3, 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Pking team seemed really obvious; spider is about to die.
Feb 3, 11:51 AM

Aug 2019
Saw a lot of complaints so I'm going to address some of those now:
- For the people who just can't accept the pacing and keep coming back to complain after every episode: We already tried a faster pace, and it didn't work out!
The ending of the manhwa was rushed and it got a huge backlash at the time.
The illustrator of the manga had health problems so he rushed the ending of the series in the last year before his death. He got seriously criticized for this by the LN readers. The anime studio learned from this and they are sticking to the original pace and not rushing things. You can either accept the pace of the anime, or stop watching the show entirely.

- The studio is adding scenes of the S class hunters because in the manhwa they were introduced suddenly and the readers had no idea how strong they are until the 4th Jeju Island raid. The studio is fixing this.

- Cliffhangers. The arcs have a certain length which is 2 episodes in the first season. It would take drastic changes to get around this. You won't notice these cliffhangers when you binge the whole season after all the episodes came out.

- Jinwoo's face, height and voice changed for a good reason and it will be revealed at the end of the story why.
Feb 3, 12:05 PM

Jul 2022
he finally stopped being a noob
Feb 3, 12:07 PM

Jan 2011
I don't get the logic of this group. Why leave them behind? Because if they make it out and kill the boss they are going to get all the cash you are missing out on. Old dude wasn't lying about scum but these guys are kind of dumb.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 3, 12:08 PM
Sep 2022
i keep spotting a lot of new scenes compared to manhwa but still it was a great episode
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

412 by Luffy-san19 »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27

366 by Gator »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20

343 by Gator »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

512 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

727 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.