Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
This episode feels like Toto's chance to really prove himself. A case at the hot springs and murder...

I know he's being protrayed like a sidekick comic relief but the case itself is rather suspicious. Not going to lie, I still find his chemistry with Ron amusing. Even in a murder case, they somehow managed to fit in some comedic moments. Amamiya getting involved also complicates the case as she is a potential suspect. One of the more entertaining episodes imo, mixed with suspense, light humor, and themes.
Oct 23, 2023 7:12 AM

Dec 2021
Spitz reminds me a lot of Gokudera.

A female guest staying at the hot spring inn was discovered dead. It is suspected to be a murder by someone. Ron immediately starts his investigation, gathering testimonies from the guests. Spitz secretly rejoices at the chance to gather evidence of Ron's detective work, but outwardly, Toto takes action, and Amamiya, who temporarily became a suspect, entrusts the investigation to Toto.

It's a shame that Ron couldn't crack the case in front of Amamiya, or she might have completely fallen for him. She already has a fondness for him, and I'd be thrilled to see some progression between them someday. I can't help but wonder, what if Amamiya had chosen to go to the women's bath after the sign changed for the second time? Wouldn't she have noticed the water was cold and not warm, then alerted the innkeeper?

But, lucky for the culprit, she didn't go through with it.

Oct 23, 2023 8:30 AM
Sep 2015
Oh I usually bad at guessing whodunit but this time I'm right (see my comment in ep3 thread).
Oct 23, 2023 8:59 AM

Mar 2020
Kind of a clumsy case overall with a weird motive from the culprit, but it works I guess. I wonder if Spitz can be trusted, since he suddenly seemed to become friendly.
Oct 23, 2023 9:13 AM

Aug 2019
It was pretty obvious that old guy had to do something with the murder, and I had a feeling that other woman was involved in some way too. Looking forward to seeing where this goes from here! Especially with that Tracker's case!
Oct 23, 2023 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty simple case and it was decently done. Amamiya was hit hard by Ron's charm lol. Also the new guy needs Ron's help.
Oct 23, 2023 10:47 AM

Mar 2021
First case where Ron doesn't activate his geass—ngl that power gag got old fast :P
Oct 23, 2023 10:51 AM

Jun 2016
I am surprised at how much I am enjoying this anime. Keep it on 👍
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 23, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2011
Bring the affair to the same inn at same time you bring your wife. That's some high level audacity.

Wow! That was some incredible way to stop Kamonohashi's hypnosis, he exits immediate area. Who would have thought? Insane moves happening.
Oct 23, 2023 11:47 AM

Mar 2019
What a stupid solution, even Scooby-doo is better written than this crap lol. ┻⁠━⁠┻⁠︵⁠└⁠(⁠՞⁠▽⁠՞⁠ ⁠└⁠)
Oct 23, 2023 11:48 AM
Aug 2020
good episode

it was a conan vibe for the deduction
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 23, 2023 12:17 PM

Jun 2023
Too bad, somehow I had hoped for more from this case. But Toto: well done! He has quickly developed into a capable investigator.
idk whats with that guy from BLUE, maybe he makes the story better, maybe not, we'll see-
And wait, Ron didn't make the killer kill himself???
ForphyOct 23, 2023 12:23 PM
Oct 23, 2023 1:23 PM
Mar 2023
A successful start, an amazing case as a beginning and creative writing for the episode. The music is beautiful and consistent with the moment of turmoil and the solution of the mystery. The tricks that the criminal used are innovative in anime cases and not duplicated. He used two pieces of wood to extract hot water and replace it with very cold river water + he replaced the sign for the women’s bathroom and put it in the men’s bathroom. The atmosphere of the episode is epic and powerful.
Oct 23, 2023 1:59 PM
Feb 2021
anyone else think that the girl in the ending is spitz's lost family member?
Oct 23, 2023 2:53 PM

Jan 2020
The husband is a piece of shit. Killing his wife for an affair? Fuck him.
Oct 23, 2023 2:54 PM

Aug 2021
anime has potential to be in my favorites
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2023 4:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice to see I guessed correctly that the husband killed his wife, but I wasn’t sure how he did it, only thing I knew for sure was that the men and women’s bath signs were switched, but it was very cool to see how he did it exactly with the transferring of the water and the floor mat, this bastard really used his wife’s poor eyesight and heart to kill her, and she was hot, by far the dumbest killer in the show so far lol, I did like the case tho of course. I also liked the aspect that Ron technically didn’t solve this case as he led Toto to the answers, this could also be why Ron’s alter ego didn’t activate as he wasn’t the one who solved the case technically, they didn’t touch on it in the episode but this could be a possible loophole rather than just stopping him when he does it.

And it was revealed at the end that the purple haired lad from BLUE actually wanted Ron’s help with a case of his own regarding his family being missing, no matter how much Ron doesn’t trust the guy I know he can’t resist the temptation of this case lol. And the guy’s name was “Spitz Fire” or something, that’s hilarious lol, and he has sick moves based on his exit. And with that the first multiple episode spanning case of the show is done, I’m hoping they get even more wild from here on out, and hopefully no more beautiful babes get offed by their husbands lol.
Oct 23, 2023 5:07 PM

May 2019
While the culprit being the husband wasn't much of a surprise I was surprised that Spitz, the guy from BLUE, was actually trying to get in contact with Ron to help solve a case involving missing family member(s), interesting.
Oct 23, 2023 5:25 PM

Feb 2017
never seen a man so defeated that he drops to his knees twice within a minute

placeholder text
Oct 23, 2023 6:49 PM

Dec 2015
Made sense for it to be him. Thought the trick would involve dry ice but oh well. I still wonder what he was talking to his wife about though. Was he telling her about the other woman? It was a simple minded motive. A simple yet interesting trick nonetheless.

Amamiya would've had a different tune if she knew it was Ron that bailed her out. And now he has someone else under his thumb. On another note, BLUE didn't think to send someone else that wouldn't have an ulterior motive by tailing Ron. Or perhaps there's more to this game of chess that I hope they are playing.
Oct 23, 2023 7:29 PM

Mar 2011
Ron pointing at hints to make Toto realize things reminded me so much of Conan trying to help Kogoro figuring out a case except Toto isn't that dense (only almost :D). It was kind of obvious it was her husband tho. Not a very complicated but simple trick but I gotta admit I got fooled into thinking it was Amamiya's mistake for walking into the men's bath, Turned out if was part of his trick (all because of an affair, truly horrible).

Amamiya simping for Ron was funny too (but I can't blame her :).

This time Ron didn't try to force the culprit to kill himself. Probably because Toto was doing most of the work and he was laying low. It was clear he would have seen through the guy from BLUE who really isn't the smartest :D. But I'm glad I was right about him having personal reasons to approach Ron (even though I thought it might have been something else). So he wants Ron to help to find his missing family (interesting). Can't blame Ron for not trusting him.

On a side note; I love Ron more and more (he wouldn't even kill a bug but he smashed Spitz's ears :D).
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 23, 2023 8:38 PM

Mar 2007
Another case "solved by Isshiki" plus they managed to recruit a Blue Instructor. Good times!
Oct 23, 2023 9:24 PM

Apr 2022
yep, called it. the husband's initial reaction to the body didn't seem genuine but goddamn that's an ass motivation. literally i guess...
Oct 23, 2023 10:11 PM

Apr 2023
Oh so the girl (she's a girl right?) in the ED might be Spitz's family...I thought she looked like him the first time I saw her
Oct 23, 2023 10:57 PM

Dec 2018
Bingo~ It's her husband.... But to kill her because of an affair? shame on him... his wife is more pretty than the woman he having affair with.
Well... Gokudera suddenly turn to him 'self' than doing those evil smirking expression.... Wonder who his missing family is...
I start to like the ED song...

Oct 24, 2023 12:13 AM
Feb 2023
I find this is actually dumb written because how could spitz knew that the husband will murder his wife and Ron will solve the case and if he knew that their will be a murder shouldn't he stop him or call blue.

Sorry for my english.
Oct 24, 2023 2:40 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Mosih01
I find this is actually dumb written because how could spitz knew that the husband will murder his wife and Ron will solve the case and if he knew that their will be a murder shouldn't he stop him or call blue.

Sorry for my english.
@Mosih01 This is what I wanted to complain about. So the Blue guy just randomly decided to pretend to work at the inn and luckily for him, there happened to be a murder so he could see if Ron has been investigating.

Also, bringing out "this random piece of wood that was floating in the river is actually a rain gutter that enabled the murder" is terrible writing.
Oct 24, 2023 3:57 AM

Jan 2021
How come none of them punched that asshole husband or slapped that bitch of his? They are so disgusting. I thought Amamiya was going to slap her as she walked forward but turns out she just wanted to thank Toto lol.

I didn't expect the purple haired detective to ask Ron for help, I thought he wanted to completely set Ron up. Let's see

Oct 24, 2023 10:04 AM
Oct 2018
good episode, I wonder how the situation with instructor BLUE will develop.
Oct 24, 2023 3:58 PM

Aug 2023
Wow Ron kinda ate this episode I cant lie. The purple or white haired guy was acting really devious in the beginning and I didn’t trust him but now I hope he will be a friend to them. Rons detective skills blow me away, he is amazing!
Oct 25, 2023 4:15 AM

Mar 2008
Ugh they screwed me over at figuring it out by presenting information this episode that wasnt in the previous so i had guessed wrong on everything before because i was focused on finding a clever aspect of what would make the murder possible for someone other than the husband ..oh come on now ><

Oct 25, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2017
Ron being awesome as usual
Oct 25, 2023 1:27 PM

May 2023
Ron is so handsome.
I love it when he runs his hand through his bangs and you can see his eyes.
detective did exactly what I would do by fainting after seeing him do that. hahahaha
Oct 25, 2023 5:25 PM
Dec 2020
L'enquête en elle même était cool mais je trouve que la DA et la mise en scène sont extrêmement basiques... Il y a un manque d'émotion, c'est vide, ça essaye d'être drôle, mais ça n'essaye pas vraiment de donner d'autres émotions. Pourtant l'épisode 3 était en grande partie du slice of life et je l'ai trouvé bien plus intéressant dans sa réalisation, la montée progressive d'une certaine tension, on nous montre que tout va bien mais nous spectateurs on sait très bien qu'il y a quelque chose qui se trame. Dans cet épisode 4i, c'était juste un idiot qui a réussi à entrer dans la police par magie et qui déballe le vrai du faux grace à Ron, sans nous donner réellement l'opportunité de deviner nous même, donc pas très satisfaisant.
Sans parler du fait que le pouvoir de Ron qui fait qu'il dit au coupable de se tuer a disparu après 2 enquêtes, alors que c'était le centre du personnage.

The investigation itself was cool, but I find the AD and staging extremely basic... There's a lack of emotion, it's empty, it tries to be funny, but it doesn't really try to give other emotions. Yet episode 3 was largely slice-of-life and I found it much more interesting in its execution, the gradual build-up of a certain tension, we're shown that everything's fine but we viewers know very well that there's something going on. In episode 4i, it was just an idiot who magically got into the police force and who unravels the real from the fake thanks to Ron, without really giving us the opportunity to guess for ourselves, so not very satisfying.
Not to mention the fact that Ron's power to tell the culprit to kill himself disappeared after 2 investigations, even though it was at the heart of the character.

Oct 26, 2023 4:39 PM
Jun 2020
the main character represents a lot of me
Oct 26, 2023 5:23 PM
May 2019
The more episodes there are the more i get feeling like im watching different Detective Conan which i like :D. Now i wonder if the guy from BLUE Academy Spritz really is a bad guy and he made up the story about missing to get only Ron to make the deductions instead of Toto. Or he really seeks help from Ron.
Oct 26, 2023 11:05 PM

Aug 2020
The murder had way too many coincidences go right for it to happen. Why would anyone come up with a contrived plan like that for a murder? How did she even die? And all this happens coincidentally when the detective from BLUE is looking for them.
Oct 27, 2023 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
Ron's Mojo tamed!
Oct 28, 2023 3:08 PM
Apr 2020
loved the eye contact between Toto and Ron in the last minutes of the episode. Was done well, kudos to the people, who work on the series
Oct 28, 2023 5:06 PM
May 2017
that case was kinda lame tbh, the interesting bit came at the last moment when it turned out spitz fire may not be the enemy like we thought he was

3/5
Oct 29, 2023 6:52 AM
Sep 2021
The case was swiftly solved by toto with the help & guidance from ron and also ron also gets the support from Spitz Feier and this will be in mutual agreement.
Oct 29, 2023 2:10 PM

Jul 2022
amamiya senpai very hot
Oct 30, 2023 1:27 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The case, the author, the most basic, the style was good...and the surprise was the final and the teacher declaration!!!
kekeke
Nov 13, 2023 8:39 AM

May 2020
To be honest, husband was going to be that inevitable culprit from the start, and moreover, since now we know that apathetic girl too was someone he knew all along, the case was quite simple in the hindsight.

Also please, can we drop this "she fainting over his ikemen charms" act?
Nov 20, 2023 7:05 PM

Jul 2017
Continuing on the Benizome hot spring murder, solve the case against the BLUE instructor Spitz Fire, though his unkempt deductions keep him at safe bay.

At least for Toto, Ron's calculations were not in his ballpark even as the result try to grapple with the leads, though he quickly rules out Detective Amamiya...as the only probably solution at the moment. Even then so, his superior is not happy that she got into trouble unknowingly and at the very least, be smitten to Ron himself. As time passes and Ron manages to outsmart Spitz. Toto is left to his own devices since Ron can't do the job, and the culprit traced to the husband of the dead wife, from an intentional trap to the hot spring being intentionally made cold due to the rain gutter to transfer cold water to hot water, creating steam, with the fallen leaves creating a cover from the legend, creating the misconceptions from the start. It's clear that he took his wife's life over an affair.

Back to BLUE's affair, Ron knew that Spitz was around, but yet Toto solve the case, it's a clear-cut case that he came prepared and outsmarted Spitz even at the end. As "good" of an instructor that Spitz is, he desperately need Ron's skills to solve his family's disappearance...and will fabricate to BLUE that Ron has been kept on straps. Still though, the refusal for Spitz's request, they'll have to see if he's trustworthy or not.

All in a day's work for Toto, and Ron doesn't even need to do a thing.
Dec 14, 2023 11:00 AM

Apr 2017
So my suspicions were right! That's a creative murder. Surprised that the husband planned it all out on the spot.
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Jan 2, 2:17 PM
Sep 2021
Loved this episode
Jan 6, 5:50 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Jonas-K
What a stupid solution, even Scooby-doo is better written than this crap lol. ┻⁠━⁠┻⁠︵⁠└⁠(⁠՞⁠▽⁠՞⁠ ⁠└⁠)
@Jonas-K

I kind of agree. Show seems to have really leveled out.
Jan 11, 7:07 AM
Apr 2021
Thing is, something doesn't add up.

Since the murderer had switched the curtains of the male and female bathrooms, which led to the female detective going into the wrong room. How did Toto and Ron end up going into the right one? Since they had finished the ping pong game earlier than the murderer expected, which means they entered the bathrooms when the signs were still switched, but still ended up going into the correct one?

Either something went wrong here, or somehow the pingpong room was inside the bathrooms, which doesn't really make sense but is the only logical explanation here.

Does someone else know the answer to this?
Jan 24, 1:59 AM
Dec 2022
Spitz Fire?! Who come up with name like that for a BLUE instructor?! Now we have 'Tototo'. Lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

42 by CutieAnshin »»
Aug 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 31, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2023

78 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 27, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

71 by Limun »»
Jul 25, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2023

109 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 25, 5:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.