Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 2, 2023 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
This was a bizarre yet entertaining episode imo. The mind games between the two main characters Dali and Migi in particular caught my attention. Furthermore, the show has some strange character chemistry. Dali and Migi has some weird personalities although that's what makes this anime appealing so far. There's also some light humor thrown in.

I've read parts of the manga before and they adapted a mood that seems to fit for the adaptation.
Oct 2, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
From the late mangaka Nami Sano of Sakamoto desu ga? a.k.a Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto fame, comes her next series in the form of Migi to Dali. And I hope it's a complete adaptation of the manga, despite this being her final work before she passed away just 2 months ago due to cancer.

The OST is good and yet, intriguing.

The blessing of an old couple who could not bore children, the boy Hitori comes to bless their life. But little do they know that Hitori is the manifestation of Migi and Dali, twin brothers who look exactly the same. The Sonoyamas' old couple of Osamu and Youko sure has got their lives good ahead of them, but the plan of the twin brothers to stay as long as they can, it's an illusion of the creepiest kind, the mystery elements. From the cherry pie to the birdcage on the tree, the interchangable innocent and trickster twins have the old couple in the palm of their hands.

The timing of the jokes is so classic for Nami Sano's standards, like the "Shit!" and the "You're not Steve Jobs!".

Everything was planned from the get-go for both Migi and Dali to wrestle their way out of the Sonoyama couple, and how they did it, it's just unsettling.

Nami Sano's next hit is proving to be the biggest comedy to mystery shift of her career, but RIP to the late author.
KANLen09Oct 7, 2023 5:08 AM
Oct 2, 2023 7:36 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty strange show.
Oct 2, 2023 8:18 AM

Jun 2013
You're not Steve Jobs!!
Oct 2, 2023 8:26 AM
May 2019
Dang....that's one creepy set of twins. I honestly thought they were going to kill them and eat them......but who knows. I also sense yaoi vibes coming from those two, some love action would be nice..... ;)
Oct 2, 2023 8:49 AM
Jan 2021
oldotakudude said:
Dang....that's one creepy set of twins. I honestly thought they were going to kill them and eat them......but who knows. I also sense yaoi vibes coming from those two, some love action would be nice..... ;)

Wtf dude they are siblings…
Oct 2, 2023 8:52 AM
May 2019
Reply to Tan_2
oldotakudude said:

Wtf dude they are siblings…
@Tan_2
"Cough, cough".....Yosuga No Sora......"Cough, Cough"......... ;)
Oct 2, 2023 9:01 AM
Mar 2021
rip Nami Sano

this episode was wholesome creepy and funny wrapped in one😂

I think I'm really gonna enjoy this show
Oct 2, 2023 9:05 AM

Sep 2016
too bizarre for my taste
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 2, 2023 9:08 AM

Sep 2013
That was so good i loved it,

It strangely reminded me of Chuukan Kanrikoku Tonegawa, some sort of slice of life but totally out of your confort zone, its so out there, such an awesome concept its great

Might be my favourite anime of the season with Shangri La for the moment, didn't expect to like it as much
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 2, 2023 9:09 AM
Sep 2015
It's so symmetry I almost think this was directed by Wes Anderson, which is a huge compliment from me!

Could be a surprise hit, a little bit sad that the author won't see the success of this anime.

It also reminds me of Shadow House, where strange things happened in a small area.
Oct 2, 2023 9:18 AM

Oct 2016
Mmm I feel like the atmosphere was all over the place, and every moment felt like the potato chip scene.
Oct 2, 2023 9:28 AM

Mar 2008
I feel like if the two of them had both shown themselves to the old couple at the orphanage, they would have adopted both of them regardless of only wanting one. Now we gotta deal with them being creepy, but funny. I keep questioning whether there are actually two of them and it's not just one person. Ayumu and Shun have similar voices at times.

A shame the manga-ka didn't get to see how this show is going to be received.
Oct 2, 2023 9:48 AM

Aug 2010
Not sure I feel about this show yet. Definitely too weird for my liking, but I'm curious of their true objectives. Will continue for now.
Oct 2, 2023 10:05 AM

Jan 2019

As someone who's read the entire manga this was fantastic! Loved all the voices and the animation was so cute!

I hope we get the full thing adapted!

Also for the people calling it strange now, y'all ain't seen nothing yet!
Oct 2, 2023 10:05 AM

Apr 2012
that was weird and creepy enough to catch my attention! will watch more.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Oct 2, 2023 10:41 AM

Dec 2021
This is it, the best possible sendoff for the late mangaka behind Sakamoto Desu ga?. I loved every moment of this episode, easily. 10/10 start!
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Oct 2, 2023 11:02 AM

Apr 2022
Incredibly creepy, but so damn funny
Oct 2, 2023 11:10 AM
Apr 2021
yeah so... this was oddly weird, but im a fan of the weird so hope it gets even more so. solid start. anyone know if the mangas worth a read?
Oct 2, 2023 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
someone said about the story that it rely on everyone being stupid, they didn't lie XD
the father is the stupidest of all on that tree scene and why the orphanage didn't tell them he is a twin and his name not hitori?
i loved sakamoto desu ga , can't believe it's the same mangaka
guess i will enjoy it more if i don't take it seriously.
Oct 2, 2023 11:45 AM

Feb 2008
How many different vibes do you want?
Yes.
Oct 2, 2023 11:48 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Axelucard
You're not Steve Jobs!!
@Axelucard I laughed my ass off after that, I love it when anime include real world humour, it's the best
Oct 2, 2023 12:12 PM

Dec 2021
Utterly twisted, and I'm here for it. The twins' act of self-infantilization in front of their adoptive parents is undeniably eerie, but I appreciate how it's tempered with humor, preventing it from going too far.

The standout moment for me in this episode: Brother 1 pulling a "uwu, I'm so scared of heights, father," while Brother 2 hangs from a tree, shooting them a fierce glare.

Oct 2, 2023 12:25 PM
Sep 2021
Not a bad first episode. I’ll be watching But the whole time I’m thinking: Why not just confess that you have a twin brother?
Oct 2, 2023 12:58 PM
Jul 2016
What the hell, this is so damn funny and creepy and kinda Wholesome?

Couple things to note
1) the couple made jambalaya, which is a southern creole food (very tasty!).
2) "You're not Steve Jobs!"
3)"Shit! I'm bad at switching back and forth!"
4) the after credits scene revealing just how calculating these twins are.
5) they named their persona "Hitori", which means "one" in Japanese. It is so on the nose lmao.
6) they are both boys, it seems. I thought one of twins was a girl, given how androgynous they look. Migi & Dali seem like gender neutral names.
7) the names Migi and Dali might be similar to the Japanese words for left and right. Left in Japanese is "hidari" and Right is "Migi". Dali is somewhat similar to "hidari".
8) great OP, it's so damn creepy and entertaining
9) what revenge plot do these guys have going on, what does it have to do with the necklace? Did the couple kill their biological parents or something?
10) I wonder why it takes place in the 90s?
11) I've also seen comparisons to 2004 anime Monster, which I have only read the manga. Monster also has a creepy blonde twin thing going on, so I get the comparisons.
12) why are the parents so damn stupid not to notice? Well, they are elderly so their hearing and sight is not at peak condition. I also kinda assumed that they are just so self-absorbed that they don't really care about much other than themselves.

This is a fun anime, I really like it!
erikkamirsOct 2, 2023 1:08 PM
Oct 2, 2023 1:05 PM

Aug 2017
wow this show is wild. I'll watch it but it's weird ahaha. is it supposed to be a bit of a satire? or is it just like that?

also also!! LMAO is it just one of them that always talks? 😂😂😂
Oct 2, 2023 1:19 PM

Mar 2019
Orphan meets Parasite lol.

It's a shame the author didn't live to see her manga adapted. :/
Oct 2, 2023 1:20 PM

Feb 2019
Only 11,000 MAL users on this one seems wild! This is one of the coolest premises in recent anime. A pair of conniving twins taking masquerading as helpless orphans and finessing of an elderly couple?? I’m intrigued.

A twisted and utterly deranged story that you can’t take your eyes away from. It’s got a Wes Anderson/Series of unfortunate events style of creepy humour to it. That pummel and knead massaging scene was so odd. I like it. It’s a shame that Sano sensei wasn’t able to see this brought to life in anime form.

“You’re not Steve jobs” Lmaoo. Always nice when characters in anime say what the audience is thinking

I like the first episode quite a bit. The challenge here will be how they’re able to keep things interesting. Will an overall plot be introduced or is it going to continue in an episode of manner? I like the behind the scenes planning of the plot to get abducted that we get in the post credits scene.

This show is just so damn weird in a good way though. People ask for original stuff all the time and this seems like it’ll be one.
Marinate1016Oct 2, 2023 1:36 PM
Oct 2, 2023 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting atmosphere. Scheming characters are always the most fun to watch. This is gonna be an epic experience.
Oct 2, 2023 1:35 PM

Nov 2016
Nothing less from the mangaka who also gave us Sakamoto desu ga? Sadly she's not here to here to see it.

So far my favorite start this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2023 1:39 PM
Feb 2017
I can't remember the last time I was so excited about an anime. The eerie comedy of the manga was captured perfectly, and everything looks so nice. I really hope this anime gets the attention it deserves!
Oct 2, 2023 2:04 PM
Aug 2020
rip sensei

i appreciated this first episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 2, 2023 2:08 PM
Oct 2021
didn’t expect this show to be as weird as it turned out to be but tbh i’m here for it. the suspense music made it quite corny tho
Oct 2, 2023 2:18 PM
Nov 2021
This is weird, and I like it.
Oct 2, 2023 2:21 PM
May 2023
I liked it and I'm intrigued enough to want to see more. So this is a careful 'Will watch this season' for me.
Oct 2, 2023 2:25 PM

Apr 2012

SHIT!!!

I just tried this show on a whim and...
I love it.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 2, 2023 2:52 PM
May 2022
I may need to watch a few more episodes to understand this. Does the show want to be creepy, or funny? The way the twins act is pretty weird, but their schemes are a bit comical.
Oct 2, 2023 2:52 PM
Jun 2021
Creepy and unsettling
Oct 2, 2023 3:22 PM
Jul 2021
Are we sure, like 1000% sure there are two of them? And not just one psycho crazy assassin b!tch?

Also, why go all the way back to Feb 1990 to kick things off? Are sure we just didn't watch an alternate universe & version of Monster MC origin story?

Glad my twins aren't this creepy! 🤣 or are they? 😅😏
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 2, 2023 3:33 PM

Jul 2021
This was definitely unsettling, I think that's the best word to describe this show. At the same time that there were moments that I thought it was too weird in a bad way, there were also moments were the weirdness was good, and I think the show is doing this on purpose. I'm not sure if I can see this as a really good show, but there's definitely something hidden, and some small elements that makes things very interesting, like how you can always see the twins together, even if it's far from the center.

Too early to know how I feel about this, but I'll definitely give it a try and see what happens in the next episodes.
Oct 2, 2023 3:49 PM

Apr 2008
I'll join those unsure what to make of this. So far it's just a comedy with all the creepy atmosphere not doing much other than jarring with the completely slapstick events. Is that funny? I... don't know. I'll admit if it was played as straight comedy I probably wouldn't be curious enough to continue.
Oct 2, 2023 5:12 PM
Oct 2020
15:11 SHIT!

wasn't expecting that lol

Also the line about steve jobs was nice.

Ok actually quite like this so far. I'm quite intrigued and I have some questions
Left and Right make One. Nice name scheme.

RIP Nami Sano. I really loved Sakamoto Kun. One of the better comedies in anime for sure.
Oct 2, 2023 5:17 PM
Apr 2022
Well this one was odd. Kinda funny though at times. Especially that crawl under the table was fucking hilarious, the animation was so sporadic. Op is good, the guitar gives me eve vibes. Ed is even better imo very chill
Oct 2, 2023 5:47 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to LyingMuse

As someone who's read the entire manga this was fantastic! Loved all the voices and the animation was so cute!

LyingMuse said:

100% agree.
I noticed that Sardine the dog was missing for most of the episode but everything else was terrific.
Oct 2, 2023 5:52 PM
Jan 2022
I think for a lot of the people who don’t get what’s going on here, I strongly recommend watching a couple episodes of Sakamoto Desu Ga. The comic sensibility from that show is exactly what’s happening here and it’s fascinating in this context. Lowkey brilliance is happening here imo
Oct 2, 2023 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
Damn so Action Johnny's dad cloned him and abandoned him at this random orphanage. No wonder he went off the rails so hard later in life
Oct 2, 2023 6:43 PM

Mar 2016
I have only one question: what are they up to? Pretty bizarre and unique show, by the design of the twins you can tell this is a Nami Asano work. Definitely on board of this one.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 2, 2023 6:54 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
This was even more weird than I expected, I guess it's some sort of dark comedy? At times, the overall tone reminded me of some Jojo chapters due to the bizarre humor. I'll keep watching but it's definitely not what I thought it was lol.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Oct 2, 2023 8:36 PM

Sep 2021
That was weird. But in a good way - I guess?

This one is another show I don't have high hopes for, as both Sakamoto and Geek Toys' previous works weren't my cup of tea. But so far, it doesn't seem similar to any of them. Or any anime I've seen, actually.

The twin trick is something I've seen in a bunch of real life comedy movies already. But this one seems to be a lot darker. Even though "SHIT!" was really funny and caught me off guard!

The music and atmosphere reminds me of Shadows House, which I like a lot. But Migi to Dali doesn't seem to have anything supernatural. However, it might a similar kind of storytelling with the expanding world and complicated intrigues.

Hard to say much yet, but I'm intrigued.
Oct 2, 2023 8:45 PM
Feb 2021
Halfway through the episode, I was considering dropping it.

But...

It's just so weird, I need answers! The combination of unsettling and wholesome is just too unique to ignore. I just hope there is a payoff sometime by the end.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Migi to Dali Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

77 by OrangeRium »»
May 27, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Migi to Dali Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2023

37 by shizukanraa »»
May 10, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Migi to Dali Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2023

63 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Migi to Dali Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

28 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 20, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Migi to Dali Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

40 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 20, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.