Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Even though the moments weren't too long, I enjoyed the Vamirio and Helck chemistry this episode. Helck does need to think about his life goals but I'm sure he's dedicated enough as a hero.

Second half of this episode was rather thrilling and they showed what a warrior is truly capable of. That really escalated quickly. Azudra is no pushover.
Aug 15, 2023 12:03 PM
Sep 2015
The first serious episode, yeah, Azudra battle is exciting, but the true reason I think this is the first serious episode is when Helck showing his vulnerable side.
Aug 15, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2021
Lol, that old village chief had me fooled for a moment. I genuinely believed that Helck and Vermilio were gearing up for a fight. Surprise! The old guy is actually pretty friendly; he just wanted to extend a warm welcome to the newcomers on the island.

Helck sure has a lot more going on beneath that goofy, muscular exterior. Dealing with the sudden shift from friends and loved ones to enemies must be incredibly tough. It looks like the human king is the true antagonist here. It seems like he's responsible for this whole "awakening" situation.

Hyura is truly impressive as she takes on those winged foes by herself. I was concerned for her, Kenros, and Doruushi, but thankfully Hon and Isty made a timely entrance. Azudra's arrival was nothing short of epic, and that mask of his is pretty cool. He initially tried a peaceful approach, but those guys seem to have chosen a path of destruction. Azudra is about to obliterate them, just like squashing grapes!

Aug 15, 2023 12:08 PM

Jul 2011
Was good having a little action, and more information about what going on, and Helck explaining why he is doing what he is doing.
Aug 15, 2023 12:19 PM

Feb 2019
So like we all guessed the older guy from the end of episode 5 ended up being a good guy and sharing supplies with Helck and Vamirio

It’s cool to have a serious episode for once. Helck despite his cheery exterior is actually dealing with a lot of stress and grief under it all. Knowing your friends and loved ones have been turned into mindless warriors hell bent on bringing chaos is awful. No wonder he makes so many jokes to cope with that.

Vamirio is slowly but surely coming around to the idea that Helck genuinely wants to help stop the humans not just for the sake of demons, but the whole world.

I like that the human king is set up to be way more of a demon than the actual demonkin lol. Would be funny if he were actually one in disguise.

Azudra healed up and serious for once ?? Oh man I can’t wait for next week. I thought the mask was to hide his wounds lol. That was a badass entrance
Marinate1016Aug 15, 2023 12:27 PM
Aug 15, 2023 12:30 PM

Jun 2015
One of the four demon elite lords showing his true power, Helck frollicking almost care free with another one. But Helck probably also knows the history in that book seeing as he mentioned the king and humans being used as weapons. Squeee
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 15, 2023 12:41 PM
Aug 2020
great episode, i just move one sec my pillow that the episode was finished...

it's getting really interesting...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
Not sure how but this is becoming one of my favorite anime of the entire year. Gets better with each episode.

I see some sites say it is 18+ so does it contain like any nudity or things like that? Or is it because of the blood?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Aug 15, 2023 1:06 PM

Nov 2013
Hmm... This human king seems to be the top evil of the series (or maybe just a puppet and there's someone pulling the strings?). Basically humans are brainwashed and "nazified".
Anyways, Helck losing hope for mankind is still lame. Then again this guy actually believed there were no evil demons until Vamirio said there are bad ones too... Shocking to see Helck is this childishly naïve.
Aug 15, 2023 1:41 PM
May 2023
Azudora on 🔥🔥
Aug 15, 2023 1:55 PM
Jun 2013
i swear each episode goes by so fast because i am so captivated and genuinely enjoying it. such a great and funny anime but has it mature and serious parts when needed. the appearance of one of the four heavenly Kings made this anime so much more interesting and he took all them out without moving a finger, so much OPness in one character. another great episode! can't wait for next week
Aug 15, 2023 2:20 PM

Feb 2023
Last week was a cliffhanger so I sticked with it, but this week wasn't so I'm dropping it.

It's not that funny. It's not badass. The characters aren't that cute (the cutest one was the first angel boy and they fucking killed him). The suspense is 100% about things that the protagonist already knows about, we're just sitting here like idiots waiting for someone to fucking ask him about it, for, hear me out, six... entire... episodes!!!

This won't be getting better in 24 episodes, bros. Jump off while you can.
Aug 15, 2023 2:37 PM
Jul 2020
RPWPA said:
Not sure how but this is becoming one of my favorite anime of the entire year. Gets better with each episode.

I see some sites say it is 18+ so does it contain like any nudity or things like that? Or is it because of the blood?

Ayo don’t get my hopes up
Aug 15, 2023 2:39 PM
Nov 2018
Absolutely epic has to be one of my top favorite anime this season! One episode a week isn't enough for me!
Aug 15, 2023 2:42 PM

Sep 2011
Really liking where this is going, the comedy isnt the best but as a backdrop to how its covering for more serious stuff like how Helck himself seems to be hiding a ton of sadness behind a cheerye xterior works really well for me, and even if im not laughing im still feeling really relaxed watching it its honestly become a highlight of my week.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 15, 2023 2:51 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was so good, everyone in the island is super chill and friendly, Helck talked a bit about his past and what he thinks about humans and it really hits when you see someone who smiles 24/7 starts to look serious and full of sadness, Anne from Management showed how caring and thoughtful she is about the others and then that serious second half, Isuta, Hon and specially Azudora kicking butt.
Aug 15, 2023 3:02 PM

Nov 2014
Finally a good episode!
Aug 15, 2023 4:52 PM

Dec 2018
I kind of wish we could see helck back in action again, and more of the comedy.
Aug 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Sep 2020
I love the ambient song that started playing when Vermilio hanged out with the villagers and continued during her dinner/conversation with Helck, it reminded so much of the music composed by Jeremy Soule for Bethesda's Oblivion.
Aug 15, 2023 5:43 PM

Apr 2022
think i've seen a decent amount of episodes to know i'm not gonna like this. dropping now but might pick back up later if i hear good things about it, although i don't really have hope.
Aug 15, 2023 8:43 PM

Mar 2007
The villagers are nice, yay!

Nobody knows how to get to the continent, they're supposed to wait for the witch to come down from the mountain. So a mysterious new woman will be introduced soon.

Meanwhile, there are more Heroes turned Angels fighting the other three competitors! They are losing until reinforcements of 2 arrive, but it's not going to be enough to take out 1000 angels. And then Azudra with the mask, the glow up and the OP abilities evens the score. Gosh I liked him from the start because he seemed like the smartest one, but now, he's also OP AF. Wow. Nice.
Aug 15, 2023 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
finally caught up to the latest episode. got to see a bit a helck's reason to switch sides. so i guess awakened humans are possessed? so the human king is the main villain then in this series? never thought i'd hear helck say "humans should become extinct" lol.

azudra coming out of the bandages looking like a fuckin' chad! also his power is similar to a certain character in naruto! but once again, not feelin' the comedy here. random out-of-place mask disguising azudra. though i guess they did explain that its clownish feature is cuz he scares away little children.
removed-userAug 15, 2023 9:22 PM
Aug 15, 2023 10:53 PM
May 2023
A really good episode. I didn't expect the villagers to welcome them like that lol
Aug 15, 2023 10:57 PM

Apr 2020
A decent episode. We got a small insight into Helck's past which is always good to see. Azudra is being serious for once
Aug 15, 2023 11:33 PM
Sep 2021
The fight against the winged humans continue and the demons are starting to get the upper hand. Let's see what happens next.
Aug 15, 2023 11:50 PM

Jan 2023
We got to learn a lot more in this episode.
It looks like it confirms that humans are indeed the 'bad guys' here.
The action was pretty good, I liked it.

I also really liked the beginning of the episode, Helck talking a little bit about himself to Vamirio, these two growing slightly closer, that was adorable :)
MeguSae38Aug 15, 2023 11:54 PM
Aug 15, 2023 11:55 PM
May 2021
I was surprised to see Azudra being actually a strong character 🔥🔥🔥. This episode was thrilling in 2nd half
Aug 16, 2023 2:23 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A short but meaningful heart-to-heart talk between Helck and ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT, and Azudura flexing his power despite having just recovered from being rather severely injured.

I like to see Helck chilling on an island as if he's on vacation, but I hope him and ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT won't be there for TOO long. I'd like to see our main characters get back in the action soon.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 16, 2023 2:26 AM

Jun 2021
Finally an action episode. Humans here are truly evil. Now I'm starting to understand Helck as he opened up to Vamirio a little about his past.
Aug 16, 2023 2:49 AM

Jan 2011
Seems Helck is starting to find its legs to get out of 7 territory for me.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 16, 2023 3:43 AM

Mar 2008
Ah so Helck's actions make sense now. Well assuming all the humans turned themselves into these things for some bastard king.
Aug 16, 2023 4:08 AM
Apr 2022
kanata44 said:
Last week was a cliffhanger so I sticked with it, but this week wasn't so I'm dropping it.

It's not that funny. It's not badass. The characters aren't that cute (the cutest one was the first angel boy and they fucking killed him). The suspense is 100% about things that the protagonist already knows about, we're just sitting here like idiots waiting for someone to fucking ask him about it, for, hear me out, six... entire... episodes!!!

Well it will be getting better in the next 24 episodes, significantly. But I don’t blame you for not being able to wait 12 episodes to get to the real shit
Aug 16, 2023 6:28 AM

Jan 2012
RPWPA said:

I read the manga and don't remember any real nudity... Probably the blood (though there isn't that much of that either compared to other shounens...)
Mal shows PG-13, so my guess is that the sites you checked were wrong
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 16, 2023 6:57 AM

Jun 2016
this anime so underrated !!!
this anime is truly a hidden gemstones !!
Aug 16, 2023 12:22 PM
May 2011
Nice episode, seeing Helck open up a little was nice, the voice actor for him and Anne are perfect, I am really looking foward for the next one. Curious about the king voice too, since he is one of the few characters that doesn't have a VA announced yet.

Also, I wish they had adapted the chapter cover page that showed a little graphic with the chain of command of the demon world (In chapter four or five, during the demon king tournament), since I have seen people confused about it. Basically it goes "Emperor > Two Guardian Kings > Four Elite Lords > Demon Kings > Generals > The rest" In short, Vermillio and Azudora only have like three people that outranks them.
Aug 16, 2023 5:05 PM
May 2022
Feel like the anime is losing me a bit. I’m patient so I’m still waiting for what the manga readers are raving about. And there was some more development this episode. But I’m still waiting for it to be really good.
Aug 16, 2023 6:08 PM
May 2017
TALK TO THESE NI99AS AZUDORA!!!!!! Nah his entrance was fuckin heat. Lowkey I see some parallels between him and Hashirama. Both specialize in wood style, goofy but not to be fucked with, one of the strongest in their verse, etc

5/5
Aug 16, 2023 8:39 PM

Dec 2016
Ah yes, lets stand here for half an hour talking about how our comrades lost a fight towards 3 mazoku rather than attack them with the whole army of winged men we got at our disposal. Then there's the rubberbanding, pulling into the arena among the most powerful allies the mazoku have and make Azudora beat a whole batallion singlehandely without even sweating, killing any kind of suspense it tried to create in the first place.

I feel that either the author or the director wanted to make some sort of bad copy of One Punch Man where the climax of each battle ends up in "one punch" but this title lacks both the grandiose animation that made OPM a classic, along with the charisma of OPM cast and comedic writing.
KimurahAug 16, 2023 8:46 PM
Aug 16, 2023 9:22 PM

May 2019
So we got a bit of background information on Helck as Vermilio finally asked him some questions such as why he tried to save her when they both went through the portal and if he will fight against the winged knights, I think it put Vermilio at ease a bit.

In the second half the demon group that was competing with Helck got overwhelmed by winged knights but Azudora came out and essentially one shot them. That was somewhat anticlimactic but I think there will be more powerful foes to come.
Aug 17, 2023 7:03 AM
Feb 2022
Kimurah said:
I feel that either the author or the director wanted to make some sort of bad copy of One Punch Man where the climax of each battle ends up in "one punch" but this title lacks both the grandiose animation that made OPM a classic, along with the charisma of OPM cast and comedic writing.
How quaint, we all thought you had left after getting humiliated by LordKirkis in the containment thread for haters. 
Aug 17, 2023 1:23 PM

Aug 2023
BetaMaleUltra said:
A short but meaningful heart-to-heart talk between Helck and ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT, and Azudura flexing his power despite having just recovered from being rather severely injured.

I like to see Helck chilling on an island as if he's on vacation, but I hope him and ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT won't be there for TOO long. I'd like to see our main characters get back in the action soon.
Haha, im glad she's still keeping up the anne from management bit 
Aug 17, 2023 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
StephDiamond said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

i really hope that gag doesn't continue for long. getting kinda annoying. the opening visuals seem to suggest they will grow closer, which there's already signs of that, so i'm hoping she reveals her identity to helck soon to join forces instead of being cautious of him.
Aug 17, 2023 5:59 PM

Aug 2023
MoeCrescent said:
StephDiamond said:

i really hope that gag doesn't continue for long. getting kinda annoying. the opening visuals seem to suggest they will grow closer, which there's already signs of that, so i'm hoping she reveals her identity to helck soon to join forces instead of being cautious of him.
Or maybe they'll be some sort of bigger rift between them at some point
Aug 17, 2023 9:09 PM
Mar 2015
helck reveals why he left humanity and Azudra  unleashes his power against the winged knights
Aug 18, 2023 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Slowlife slice of life continues.

Seems that Helck might've gotten backstabbed when he was still on the side of the humans?

It did get a bit serious the more the episode got to the ending. When looking at the preview it didn't look like a complete wipe of those heroes though.
Aug 18, 2023 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
StephDiamond said:
MoeCrescent said:

Or maybe they'll be some sort of bigger rift between them at some point

Gonna have to doubt that given that Vamirio is already starting to trust Helck. actually, there might be a possibility you are right. i feel like once we get more of an explanation of why Helck killed his own brother, maybe that could cause a rift in Helck and Vamirio's relationship.

Peenutz said:
kanata44 said:

Well it will be getting better in the next 24 episodes, significantly. But I don’t blame you for not being able to wait 12 episodes to get to the real shit

even if the story gets slightly better, i don't think there will be much of a change in ratings given how the animation quality has been since the beginning. i'm definitely moreso someone who values a certain threshold of decent animation before i think about if the story is any good.

Mod Edit: Merged.
Koito91Aug 27, 2023 5:14 AM
Aug 18, 2023 9:42 AM
Jun 2012
Couldn't help but laugh out loud when Azudora pulled Kirito on humans. "You are the only clowns I see around here", the voice was perfect.
Aug 18, 2023 10:43 AM
Apr 2022
MoeCrescent said:
Peenutz said:

even if the story gets slightly better, i don't think there will be much of a change in ratings given how the animation quality has been since the beginning. i'm definitely moreso someone who values a certain threshold of decent animation before i think about if the story is any good.

Well the story doesn’t get slightly better, it’s a massive jump in quality. It’s like steins gate or madoka magica level of quality jumps
Aug 18, 2023 11:48 AM

Mar 2007
landofthekwt said:
helck reveals why he left humanity and Azudra  unleashes his power against the winged knights

Wait, he just hinted right? Did I miss the full story besides the king Sucks with not much other explanation?
Aug 18, 2023 1:12 PM
Jul 2015
Tentacle master Azudora
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Helck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

95 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2023

47 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

64 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

41 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2023

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.