Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2023 11:57 PM
Jan 2017
This year has a been a heck of a ride.... My best friend passed away. I feel a hole in my chest... Just emptiness in me. Everyone has moves away. This place just doesn't feel the same anymore. With that being said I tend to want to message the girl I was engaged to. Yes she was unfaithful... But I miss her more then usual would a message on Fecebook or friend request be a bad idea? She's a part of me I can't let go..  Let's just leave it at that!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2023 12:04 AM

Jul 2012
The-Nsider said:
This year has a been a heck of a ride.... My best friend passed away. I feel a hole in my chest... Just emptiness in me. Everyone has moves away. This place just doesn't feel the same anymore. With that being said I tend to want to message the girl I was engaged to. Yes she was unfaithful... But I miss her more then usual would a message on Fecebook or friend request be a bad idea? She's a part of me I can't let go..  Let's just leave it at that!

Don't reach out to her just to fill the void of your friends moving away and your friend passing ( Sorry for your loss), its crazy how much time people take up in your life( in a good way) and when they disappear you suddenly wonder, what did I do with all these free moments, same with relationships of any kind I suppose. If your friend was a decent person, they would want you to get out there and do whatever it is you two did with other people!

I have never had a friend pass, but during covid, at least 5-7 people I talked to "Needed to figure things out" and we just stopped talking. I need to get back out there and connect with people too!
Jul 4, 2023 12:05 AM

Feb 2020
"Do you have anyone in your life you miss?"

Yeah, too many to mention. :(
Jul 4, 2023 12:09 AM
Jan 2017
Coolspot said:
The-Nsider said:

Don't reach out to her just to fill the void of your friends moving away and your friend passing ( Sorry for your loss), its crazy how much time people take up in your life( in a good way) and when they disappear you suddenly wonder, what did I do with all these free moments, same with relationships of any kind I suppose. If your friend was a decent person, they would want you to get out there and do whatever it is you two did with other people!

I have never had a friend pass, but during covid, at least 5-7 people I talked to "Needed to figure things out" and we just stopped talking. I need to get back out there and connect with people too!

Yeah good call. I'll tell you this if you have people you need to connect with do it. We are not promised tomorrow. Tell everyone you love. That you love them because when they are gone you will wish you did!!!

And yeah I just really need to fill this loneliness is all..
Jul 4, 2023 1:50 AM

Mar 2018
i'm sorry about your friend, op - i can't imagine something that awful happening to someone close to me. i would feel like dying myself i think.
in regards to your ex, i don't recommend reaching out to her unless what you desire is closure? usually people who are unfaithful aren't really worth 
reaching out to again imo - but maybe you'll have a different experience. 

as per your actual question, hmmm yes. i think about people really often - all the ones i've spoken to and had some semblance of a relationship 
with whether it was casual or more intimate. i never really talk to them but they persist in my mind. sometimes i even dream of them and i wake 
up feeling quite out of sorts. in particular yes i do wonder about one person a lot - i know i could always reach out to them but i don't want to be 
a bother. i wonder if they're okay from time to time - i have no remorse over how things are but i just think of them fondly i suppose. 
i just miss people quietly in the back of my mind.

Jul 4, 2023 2:14 AM

Jun 2015
when someone breaks yr trust it's more than just an instance. it shows they have the ability to do so, which means they would do it again. it's not worth, especially if you want to feel good, which is seems you do

sorry about your friend, losing people is never easy

ot: yeah

Jul 4, 2023 3:42 AM

Feb 2020
I miss my parents, as I had so few people in my life and they were always around and were great. Sometimes I still find myself really wanting to ask my Mother about something... and then I remember that I can't.
Jul 4, 2023 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
He's not dead, but I miss my little brother sometimes. I miss talking to him and getting along like we did in our teenage years. But these days he takes a lot of drugs and doesn't talk much anymore, I think he's also depressed. And when I do try to get in touch with him he replies after like two weeks. 
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jul 4, 2023 7:52 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I miss the good old times when we had a retro land line phone and you couldn't see who called. My grandma, who's dead now, used to call and when I picked up the phone, she had such an energetic voice which I kind of miss now. She always said; "Grandma heereeeeeeeee hellooooo..." with a lot of energy.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jul 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Jan 2023
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, OP. I know it must hurt to the core to lose someone that close to you.

In my personal experience, the only person I miss is my Grandpa who was a Vietnam War veteran, who passed away two years ago. He always had stories and I remember having good and enjoyable memories with him in my youth.

I've lost people along the way, but due to other experiences, I've sort of grown to resent them and become distant and cold.
So my answer is not really.
Jul 4, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
My father, first and foremost. He died when I was only eleven.
Take care of yourself

Jul 4, 2023 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
No. Not really don't care I only move forward.
Jul 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
I'm sorry for your loss :( I also have people in my life who I think about from time to time that I no longer talk to, especially since I moved away. But that past couple years I've been making a big effort to be more involved in my community, and that has yielded to new friends who I really enjoy being with and how align with my values as I grow 
desu desu binches
Jul 4, 2023 11:32 AM

Apr 2023
Yeah, i had the coolest and funniest uncle ever. I dont leave the house often but when he would be in town i was already on my way.
Was also the only family member really into stuff like movies, tv series and even some anime.
Jul 4, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah there are a handful of people I really miss
Jul 4, 2023 12:44 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I miss my ex-girlfriend
I miss that one girl that could've been my girlfriend
I miss that co worker I treated on her birthday
I miss my highschool friends
I miss my college friends
I miss my dead pets, especially my cat
I miss my paternal grandmother
I miss the good old days
I miss the old me who didn't have a care in the world and was happy almost all the time

But the alarm rings and well, this is my life now
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jul 4, 2023 1:23 PM

Aug 2012
Hey man. So, I'm really sorry to hear about your best friend. I can understand that it's really tough. If you want to talk about it, I won't mind hearing you out.
As for your ex, I won't recommend it. A coupme of people I know did something similar, and they got hurt pretty badly.

As for me missing someone? Yeah, my maternal grandma. She died this March due to health complications. I grew up with her around me and she had been my role model. Not to mention she was something of a magnet for the whole family. She actually taught me and my cousins different subjects and used to take us out before her health deteriorated. Ever since her death, the family has broken up. Ironically, my grandma died on my mom's birthday.
Jul 4, 2023 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
I miss my ex boyfriend, not as a partner, but he moved to another country for studies. We always have been and are pretty close. He has a very jealous partner now and she doesn't like him visiting ex partners.
Also, I miss another friend and his partner, who moved away too for work. Life's like that sadly.
Jul 4, 2023 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
My twin brother, he's not passed away or anything, just in a different state and I have no idea where he is. Haven't seen him 5 years after family problems (not between me and him) and he doesn't tell me where he lives.  (we talk online)
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 4, 2023 4:23 PM

Aug 2021
my best friend died because of drugs, still nobody knows whether it was sui or an accident
i already saved his life once in the past, i pushed him into rehab really hard after that
but he died while i was in rehab myself and i couldnt really do anything, powerlessness crushed me
its because of his death that i decided to keep on living and try to fight for my own life
i always think of him and keep him in my heart

the thing is that he was the first person i met when i moved into the city
and he was the first trans person i ever met
he died before i came out myself, he died before i managed to get better
i truly wish everyday that he could see me right now, as a woman, with ambitions and goals, working hard, clean of all hard drugs
i work really hard because of him and i will never ever give up and never ever return to my past life because i have him in my heart forever i love him so much
i dont believe in all the soul and heaven shit but i like to think that he actually sees me from up there u know
thats why im doing my best i wish he could see me right now

i keep in touch with his mom, we meet, get coffee, smoke, chat about life, about memories

i was surrounded by people struggling with substance abuse, i know so many stories like this
but it was my best friend, my roommate, great dance partner, and a fucking trans icon
i miss him
Jul 4, 2023 10:21 PM

Mar 2021
I think @Coolspot hit it on the head. It's time for you to get out there and try meeting new people.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jul 4, 2023 11:14 PM
Jan 2017
MeanMrMusician said:
I think @Coolspot hit it on the head. It's time for you to get out there and try meeting new people.

I have a girl at work that said she would go on a date with me. But it seems everything I go to bring it up again I panic. I really am pathetic when it comes to expressing my feelings to people ... I always end up falling in love and I blow it.

If I don't soon ask her out I'll lose my chance... I do like this girl we are good friends.

I just have to ask my myself what do I do now?
Jul 4, 2023 11:24 PM

Mar 2021
The-Nsider said:
MeanMrMusician said:

I have a girl at work that said she would go on a date with me. But it seems everything I go to bring it up again I panic. I really am pathetic when it comes to expressing my feelings to people ... I always end up falling in love and I blow it.

If I don't soon ask her out I'll lose my chance... I do like this girl we are good friends.

Don't be afraid. Just go for it. The more you put yourself out there, the less you'll be afraid of rejection later on!
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jul 4, 2023 11:31 PM
Apr 2023
Everyone faces with such kind of loss people
Jul 4, 2023 11:50 PM
Jan 2017
MeanMrMusician said:
The-Nsider said:

Don't be afraid. Just go for it. The more you put yourself out there, the less you'll be afraid of rejection later on!

So just say I like you would you like to hang out? I don't wanna seem to desperate... I kind of am at this point to be honest! But I'll try when I see her again she said to add her on Facebook but for some reason fear is holding me back... I don't know why!
Jul 5, 2023 12:06 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah, my dog who passed in 2017 at the age of 13. I had him since I was in the second grade up until I was in college. I know I'm going to experience the same pain with my other dog who is also 13 right now. She's still going strong n_n
Jul 5, 2023 1:06 AM
Jun 2023
Oh, I'm so sorry! Please don't try texting your ex-fiance again just to fill a void in your chest. It will be a short pleasure, and then a lot of suffering. I wish you to cope with these trials and become happy again!
Jul 5, 2023 8:09 AM

Jul 2016
Sounds like someone is experiencing something similar but I've been really missing my ex recently.

I lost my best friend not long ago and I'm scared of losing my mum whos currently in hospital.

I struggle to get close to people and my ex is the only other person I've ever gotten close to.
Jul 5, 2023 8:17 AM

Aug 2018
My dad...been twelve years and it still hurts so much so.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Jul 5, 2023 8:25 AM

Jul 2016
Osumare said:
I'm sorry dude, I lost my dad a couple years ago and it's hard to fill the gap he left.
Jul 5, 2023 2:27 PM

Jul 2023
No I don't have any at the moment thank god
Jul 5, 2023 6:28 PM

Aug 2018
OMGdoughnut said:
Osumare said:
I'm sorry dude, I lost my dad a couple years ago and it's hard to fill the gap he left.
Likewise, condolences to you. Yeah, the gaps and on what could've been in important moments in my later childhood and whole teenage years always come to mind whenever I rethink about the little time he was able to be with me.
Jul 5, 2023 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
Osumare said:
Damn, it always hurts hearing about people losing a parent at a young age. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 5, 2023 7:00 PM

Nov 2022
Sameer was a good friend and very interesting person.

Tsukasa was a rally good friend.

Christina, a girl from my distant past, whom I still remember fondly. I could not really appreciate her back in the days.

Possibly Teresa if she is my kind of shy timid girl.

I am not so sure about Shirley nowadays, there was strong initial attraction but something held it back. I am not sure if it was just a misunderstanding or we are fundamentally incompatible. 

May be Fedya, but his influence on my life was not entirely positive.

May be Olya but I am not sure how she turned out now.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jul 5, 2023 9:27 PM

Oct 2020
Yes , there are several individuals with whom i used to be very close and not anymore. Among any other thing that has happened to me , the reality that i was the one who truly held myself back from continuing those bonds , tried to seek comfort online with strangers
Jul 5, 2023 10:57 PM

Sep 2014
plenty of people. but most things in life come and go, friends are no exception. would love to reestablish a connection with any that are willing to tho
Jul 5, 2023 11:05 PM

Feb 2018
I miss my grandma sometimes. I still have the ipod she gave me
Jul 6, 2023 12:00 AM
Jan 2017
OMGdoughnut said:
Sounds like someone is experiencing something similar but I've been really missing my ex recently.

I lost my best friend not long ago and I'm scared of losing my mum whos currently in hospital.

I struggle to get close to people and my ex is the only other person I've ever gotten close to.

Hope she is ok... God bless ya'll and her. I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah I never really been close to girl before besides my ex... I loved her just I guess sometimes had a hard way of showing it... Maybe if I was a better bf she wouldn't of cheated on me. Whatever sins I committed in life it feels like I'm getting punished for them now.... And yeah after I lost my best friend this town just ain't the same anymore. We rode these same streets for 25 years. Double dating, playing video games, witnessing the first snow together, getting in fights over girls but we also came back to each other. I had his back over my own cousins when they got in fights. It is a whole in me...

Just because it's goodbye doesn't mean it's game over I suppose. I'll have to find a reason to live beside working...
Jul 6, 2023 1:34 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm really sorry about your loss. It's understandable that you want to reach out to others, but please just be careful about who you reach out to.

And yes. I miss my grandma who died in 2020. I live in the house she used to live in and since everything in here technically belongs to my mom, I haven't really been able to touch anything because my mom wants to go through everything on her own time. I think she's also lowkey been avoiding going through everything because my grandma and my mom were like best friends and she knows it'll be hard. Because of that, most of the things/decorations in the house are my grandma's (or grandpa's, but he died a long time ago). It's easy for me to look around and remember "ah, Pearl used to use this" and just wish she could be back. I can't change anything though and can only keep moving forward.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 6, 2023 7:12 AM
Jul 2021
Yes I do, actually two. James and Cole. They're missed every single day. Even after 32 years after his passing (James) and almost 30 years this September (Cole). Gone but never forgotten.

As I get older I miss them more and more, and the pain never truly leaves you. 

The person that came up with the b.s that "time heals all wounds" was either on cocaine or delusional. Or both.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 6, 2023 7:40 AM

Jun 2017
The only person i genuinely really miss is this girl i had a crush on in college, we were friends and i think she had one on me too, but i was too awkward and shy to ask her out and eventually she got transferred to another campus. So i never could

I think about messaging her on social media but i often worry she won't remember me. It's been about 6 years.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jul 6, 2023 8:10 AM
Dec 2022
My grandfather, a former clerk for the RCMP/GRC and a Russian-English interpreter as he grew up with speaking a Belarusian dialect. Me and my mother don't know much about his past that well as he was a very private person even to his wife. He passed away when I just started entering middle school. One thing for sure, he was the one who inspired me to learn Russian.
Jul 7, 2023 6:34 AM

Aug 2018
Tropisch said:
Osumare said:
Damn, it always hurts hearing about people losing a parent at a young age. 
Thankfully at the very least he was there for the first half of my childhood so that's one comfort.
Jul 8, 2023 12:34 AM

Dec 2019
Around 7 months ago, one of my close relatives left my life-- likely for the rest of theirs. I really do miss them, sucks knowing that there's nothing I can do but wait for them to come out of prison-- that is if they get to live long enough.
Jul 8, 2023 12:50 AM

Mar 2016
yeah most of them are dead.
i miss my uncle, he died last april. he was a fun uncle he makes parties so much fun. i sometimes forget that he's dead
i miss the girl i love, she died last year. she had kindey problems since we were in highschool.  i sometimes dream about her. 
Jul 9, 2023 8:53 AM

Dec 2018
sorry about your friend:( losing a loved one is never easy but over time it becomes easier to live w it
i lost my dad almost a year ago but the grief was a bit different where I would miss the days where my dad was happy and thriving with his passions and work. I don't miss the agonizing years leading up to his death so his death at that point felt more like relief to me
Jul 10, 2023 3:16 PM

Jul 2023
My old self, how did things turn out this way.
Jul 10, 2023 3:55 PM

Jun 2020
I'm sorry for your loss.

And to answer your question, I do. They are still alive, though, it's more like I can't contact them anymore and don't know how to.
Jul 10, 2023 4:09 PM

Jan 2022
My gramps. Dude played a pivotal role in my life for so long and was the best hype man. Even though I cherish the memories of us spending time together, I can't help but feel a bit sad that I'll never be able to share my wins and losses with him again. Appreciate your family members and friends while they're alive. Let them know that you love them. 
Jul 12, 2023 9:17 PM

Jul 2011
I had a coworker who was like family to me. She was supposed to come back to work after being laid off but died in her sleep. She was 24. I think about her often but especially at work and places in the building where we worked together. The last time I spoke to her was when she gave me a big hug and said "I'll see you later"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 3 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

102 by DigiCat »»
36 seconds ago

» What advice would you give a guy on dating a lady who has controlling helicopter parents

TheBlockernator - 2 minutes ago

0 by TheBlockernator »»
2 minutes ago

» Bougie food that sucks - Foods people think are fancy, but are actually just overrated

vasipi4946 - 5 hours ago

10 by JaniSIr »»
11 minutes ago

» What type of physical affection do you crave/Fantasize the most about?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

11 by JaniSIr »»
24 minutes ago

» What was the first time a woman had an armor bikini in fiction?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

7 by Zarutaku »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.