Forum Settings
Forums

I will not work or study. I want to pass time

New
Jun 13, 2023 2:21 AM
May 2018
Playfulness is one of the most repressed parts of human beings

Life is playfulness, fun, because the whole existence is a pleasure island. It is all fun ― all the colors of the flowers, so many beautiful animals, birds, clouds, and for no purpose; they don´t serve any purpose. There is no goal to life. 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 13, 2023 2:27 AM

Jul 2021
Okay. Good luck with that I guess...
Jun 13, 2023 2:53 AM

Nov 2022
I can work so long as they can offer me enough money as compensation for my time and effort doing said work.

However they do not pay what I would consider appropriate in this austerity era so I am with OP on this one.

However if they have fat wad of cash for me I can always consider the work so long as material reward is worth the effort.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jun 13, 2023 3:29 AM

Jul 2021
Good luck with your empty existence.
You will not know what a fulfilling life actually feels like.
Jun 13, 2023 3:35 AM

Feb 2022
Hedonism! It's over for you, as other posters have said: good luck

(you'll need it)
Jun 13, 2023 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
Don't show such acknowledgment on the platforms owned and controlled by fucking Google and all other global Accessits.

...they'll put you down.
Jun 13, 2023 7:27 AM

Oct 2012
That sounds like you came to this conclusion while walking through a forest on LSD. Have fun being in that mindset for the next few weeks and then being hit with reality.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jun 13, 2023 7:37 AM

Jan 2023
Well uh, good luck with that I guess. You might need it.
Jun 13, 2023 7:55 AM
May 2018
Illuminatli said:
That sounds like you came to this conclusion while walking through a forest on LSD. Have fun being in that mindset for the next few weeks and then being hit with reality.
There is a way to live like this. They are called mystics and monks. They live outside of society 
Jun 13, 2023 8:36 AM

Dec 2015
Good luck with it, don't run away crying when you'd realise that you've made the mistake.
Jun 13, 2023 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
I kinda understand that. You have that one life and at worst you spend 30-40+ h at a job you don't even like... the thing is to find something you do like.
Jun 13, 2023 8:59 AM

Jul 2021
Felori said:
I kinda understand that. You have that one life and at worst you spend 30-40+ h at a job you don't even like... the thing is to find something you do like.
Am I the only one on this forum with a decent job?!
Jun 13, 2023 9:19 AM
Oct 2020
doode if you really think like that please fullfill that and just go live in a forest or become a monk in TIbet or something. it's okay to have such an idea but if you wont work or study rember that you are going to have a real nice seat on the streets with some homeless doode in a few months, so just apply for job that wont occupy you a lot of time so that you can actually survive and then chill
Jun 13, 2023 10:47 AM

Apr 2023
okay cool but what is the question?.
Jun 14, 2023 7:18 AM

Nov 2022
Life has no goal. We are not created with some destiny. We are just some accidental by-products to a phenomenon named Big Bang. We just exist. Society, literature, morality, economy, science, philosophy, art, all of these are created by making use of the comprehensive feature of the human mind and to cope with this bleak and cold slab of truth.

Well, those aside, either learn to balance your entertainment and productivity (I don't oppose putting entertainment on higher importance, but make sure you take care of productivity) or just pursue whatever personal beliefs concerning way of life. Just make sure to not fall for Snake Oil salesmen.
Jun 14, 2023 7:27 AM

Jun 2023
You are free to do whatever you want, if your idea of fun is doing heroine under a bridge than go for it
Jun 14, 2023 8:58 AM

Mar 2008
If you think of just passing time you will have time pass too quickly. Instead aim for variety and novelty and things of meaning in their funness so things are more memorable. 
Jun 14, 2023 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
I mean there's nothing wrong with working on your own mental wellbeing - just don't make that your entire life. Humans crave stimulation after all, so keep yourself stimulated.
Jun 14, 2023 9:03 AM

Jan 2009
becoming a hermit is tough this days but if you can do it then more power to you
Jun 14, 2023 6:33 PM
Jan 2022
You are giving anime watchers a bad reputation. You are going to be like that one isekai protagonist before being transported.
Jun 14, 2023 10:05 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I've been there. It's not all it's cracked out to be. You think you have all the time in the world, and then it goes away in an instant, and then the regret of not living up to your own potential seeps in.

Maybe I'm just too existential, but I really don't believe that anyone can have a truly fulfilling life that way.

"To spend your waking moments simply killing time is to give up on your hopes and dreams. To give up on your life."

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 15, 2023 2:12 AM

Feb 2018
MAN IGNORE ALL THESE COMMENTS!! :D

YOU GOT MONEY THEN JUST PLAY ALL DAY!!! WOOOOOO!!! YOU ARE BORN TO PLAY!! WATCH THE CLOUDS TURN INTO DIFFERENT ANIMALS!! GROW SOME OF THOSE BEATIFUL FLOWERS TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT! GO FOR BIRD WATCHING!! 

YOU LIVE FOR YOURSELF ONLY!!! DON'T LET OTHER'S TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE! THIS IS YOUR LIFE! WOOO!!!!

Also btw you need money to do all this but i am asumming you got it :D

Jun 15, 2023 10:19 AM

Jun 2019
My-T said:
MAN IGNORE ALL THESE COMMENTS!! :D

YOU GOT MONEY THEN JUST PLAY ALL DAY!!! WOOOOOO!!! YOU ARE BORN TO PLAY!! WATCH THE CLOUDS TURN INTO DIFFERENT ANIMALS!! GROW SOME OF THOSE BEATIFUL FLOWERS TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT! GO FOR BIRD WATCHING!! 

YOU LIVE FOR YOURSELF ONLY!!! DON'T LET OTHER'S TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE! THIS IS YOUR LIFE! WOOO!!!!

Also btw you need money to do all this but i am asumming you got it :D

Preach. The issue is that most people do not know what to do with their free time, but otium is an art that can be learnt...
Jun 15, 2023 8:25 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I am the biggest neet but I studied really hard to get the necessary degrees and certifications from the best university in my country...

That way I can shove them to people's face who look down at me because I refuse to work..as I believe work is for peasants and work culture originated from slavery

Jun 16, 2023 2:18 AM

Apr 2018
As long as you have the means and resources to live comfortably, sure, you can live your life however you want. I'd so wish to be able to spend my days having fun, watching anime, playing games... Embrace hedonism, be human, live free! You're not a slave! Ignore all the bootlickers.
Jun 16, 2023 2:29 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@Illuminatli.
There was one such incident once where a woman was found walking through the woods after consuming belladonna.. Her throat budged up cutting off air apply and she was getting suffocated from the inside.. But a bunch of campers found her in time and her life was saved.

Jun 16, 2023 2:31 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@JaniSIr no, that would be me..
I can sleep all day and still get paid in monthly rents..
Ya'll should invest in lands and property

Jun 16, 2023 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
ryo-san said:
@JaniSIr no, that would be me..
I can sleep all day and still get paid in monthly rents..
Ya'll should invest in lands and property

So you are taking advantage of other people, so you can bum around?

Jun 16, 2023 5:29 PM

Oct 2017
nameless6339 said:
Playfulness is one of the most repressed parts of human beings

Life is playfulness, fun, because the whole existence is a pleasure island. It is all fun ― all the colors of the flowers, so many beautiful animals, birds, clouds, and for no purpose; they don´t serve any purpose. There is no goal to life. 
Fun is only really enjoyable when you have worked for something though. Besides the fact you kinda need to make money to actually have fun even if you didn't I think pleasure without pain or work is itself meaningless. Honestly the best hedonistic high is when you indulge after periods of withdrawal and when you are tired.  
Jun 17, 2023 12:51 PM

Feb 2014
What many people don't realize is that the goal of all technological and economical achievements is to free humanity from labour. In Iceland, thanks to factory ships, they are able to produce 4x the amount of fish with 1/4th of the necessary manpower compared to 30 years ago. 75% of all workers are not needed anymore to be 400% more productive, and it's no different with any other field.
In Germany, there are roughly 4 million jobless people and 1 million available jobs. You don't need to be a master mathmatician to see that even if everyone wanted to get a job there wouldn't be enough anyway. The reality that many conservative people don't understand or don't want to accept is that people being freed from labour is inevitable and a good thing and the system needs to be adjusted accordingly. Instead of wasting everyone's time creating unnecessary bullshit jobs just so people "earn their income", we should just give people a basic income unconditionally and let them decide their own path in life.
MizunoWaveRiderJun 17, 2023 2:41 PM
Jun 17, 2023 3:40 PM

Jul 2009
MizunoWaveRider said:
What many people don't realize is that the goal of all technological and economical achievements is to free humanity from labour. In Iceland, thanks to factory ships, they are able to produce 4x the amount of fish with 1/4th of the necessary manpower compared to 30 years ago. 75% of all workers are not needed anymore to be 400% more productive, and it's no different with any other field.
In Germany, there are roughly 4 million jobless people and 1 million available jobs. You don't need to be a master mathmatician to see that even if everyone wanted to get a job there wouldn't be enough anyway. The reality that many conservative people don't understand or don't want to accept is that people being freed from labour is inevitable and a good thing and the system needs to be adjusted accordingly. Instead of wasting everyone's time creating unnecessary bullshit jobs just so people "earn their income", we should just give people a basic income unconditionally and let them decide their own path in life.

I don't see a world where technology crosses a finish line where it can support a balanced population. Countries are simply importing cheap labour to take care of the lesser tasks of the technologically enriched (instead of those with technology doing it), all the while an increasing population density of those with technology are experiencing hopelessness and a lack of jobs with any merit or personal value. It doesn't scale well and never will. There is no gold at the end of the technology rainbow.

The amish have a much better idea of how to live and they don't have to suffer at the epicentre of anguish of being around modern technology.
thinkpadJun 17, 2023 3:46 PM
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
🌳                                🌳
🌳     🐝             🦝        🌲   🌳 
🌳      Cursor Nature reserve               🌳
🌳         🦋         🦩      🐕    🌳
🌳                                 🌳
🌳      🐐           🌲       🐧    🌳
Jun 17, 2023 5:02 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@Felori no actually I rented them some 20-25 percent below market prices much to the fury of my father..
Yes I believe life should be fun and I'm looking for someone to have fun and bum around with me..
Life doesn't need to be determined by 7' alarm clock and queuing up at Starbucks and getting stressed out and frustrated when they give you the wrong order..
Then after 10 hours you come home not knowing whether to sleep or eat or bathe..

Jun 17, 2023 5:25 PM

Jun 2022
i feel like playfulness is actually over represented.

and relations that arent playful are disguised as playful. .
Jun 17, 2023 5:33 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
MizunoWaveRider said:
Yeah I think that's just a load of wishful thinking right there. Not every country is even remotely the same in terms of technological development, and so there will always be differences in terms of the outcome, and how capable they are able to implement automated production. The machinery necessary for a "fully" automated workforce to "free humanity from labour" is obscenely far from where we are as a society, and even if we ever reach that point, there will still need to be people to maintain those systems. All that does, then, is make the only remaining labourers elusively rare, and so we will be putting pretty much all of our eggs in one basket.

The figure of available jobs doesn't really mean anything, since there is never a fixed number of jobs in an economy, and people can remain jobless for any amount of time, assuming that they are all staying jobless is not exactly the case.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 17, 2023 5:41 PM

Jul 2010
I won't judge as long as you don't blame anyone else other than yourself if this eventually put you in a precarious life's situation. 
Jun 17, 2023 11:41 PM

Feb 2014
thinkpad said:
MizunoWaveRider said:

I don't see a world where technology crosses a finish line where it can support a balanced population. Countries are simply importing cheap labour to take care of the lesser tasks of the technologically enriched (instead of those with technology doing it), all the while an increasing population density of those with technology are experiencing hopelessness and a lack of jobs with any merit or personal value. It doesn't scale well and never will. There is no gold at the end of the technology rainbow.

The amish have a much better idea of how to live and they don't have to suffer at the epicentre of anguish of being around modern technology.
It's not about a finish line, it's about the fact that optimization leads to the reduction of work volume. That reduction of work volume needs to be addressed, and it should be addressed in ways other than artificially creating bullshit jobs to keep people busy.
Jun 17, 2023 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
StarfireDragon said:
MizunoWaveRider said:
Yeah I think that's just a load of wishful thinking right there. Not every country is even remotely the same in terms of technological development, and so there will always be differences in terms of the outcome, and how capable they are able to implement automated production. The machinery necessary for a "fully" automated workforce to "free humanity from labour" is obscenely far from where we are as a society, and even if we ever reach that point, there will still need to be people to maintain those systems. All that does, then, is make the only remaining labourers elusively rare, and so we will be putting pretty much all of our eggs in one basket.

The figure of available jobs doesn't really mean anything, since there is never a fixed number of jobs in an economy, and people can remain jobless for any amount of time, assuming that they are all staying jobless is not exactly the case.
That's cool and all but what does this have to do with what I said? Optimization will always lead to a reduction of work volume, doesn't matter how advanced a society is. This reduction needs to be dealt with. The way we are currently dealing with it is by artificially creating bullshit jobs to keep people busy.
Jun 18, 2023 4:24 AM

Jul 2009
MizunoWaveRider said:
thinkpad said:

It's not about a finish line, it's about the fact that optimization leads to the reduction of work volume. That reduction of work volume needs to be addressed, and it should be addressed in ways other than artificially creating bullshit jobs to keep people busy.

If you think "optimization" will set you free you'll be waiting a whole lifetime. You'd be better off living independent of technology or be the one administering it.

It sounds like you don't want an ordinary job, or a "bullshit" job, but something like stamp collecting? How would people like you improve society if you were given free rein?
Jun 18, 2023 5:09 AM

Feb 2014
thinkpad said:
MizunoWaveRider said:

If you think "optimization" will set you free you'll be waiting a whole lifetime. You'd be better off living independent of technology or be the one administering it.

It sounds like you don't want an ordinary job, or a "bullshit" job, but something like stamp collecting? How would people like you improve society if you were given free rein?
Humans cannot live without technology. How would you do it? You wouldn't even be able to grow your own food, you need tools for that which already counts as technology. And the more tools you use the more efficiently you can work, and the more efficiently you work the faster you produce what you need, and the faster you produce what you need the more freetime you have to do things other than growing food. That's how gaining freedom works, you optimize the use of tools to such a degree that you minimize the time you have to spend on producing what's necessary to survive (food, water, shelter) and maximize the time you can spend on stuff that interests you (art, literature, music, philosophy, psychology, social activities and so on).

I don't know what you mean by "people like me". You don't know me, nor do I know you. Rather you should ask yourself the question of what you would do with your life if you weren't forced to work any job.
Jun 18, 2023 5:50 AM

Feb 2015
Always dreaming of being jobless, but alas, we need money to live.
Jun 18, 2023 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
MizunoWaveRider said:
thinkpad said:

That's one of the best takes I've read over the week and I absolutely agree with you.

Somehow the capitalist system installed the belief in people that humans don't want to work unless they do it to survive. I think everyone should get unconditional basic income, just enough to pay rent and buy food and some clothes, and most people still will be working.
There are new 30 h models as fulltime in Northern European countries and the employees became even more productive.

ryo-san said:
@Felori no actually I rented them some 20-25 percent below market prices much to the fury of my father..
Yes I believe life should be fun and I'm looking for someone to have fun and bum around with me..
Life doesn't need to be determined by 7' alarm clock and queuing up at Starbucks and getting stressed out and frustrated when they give you the wrong order..
Then after 10 hours you come home not knowing whether to sleep or eat or bathe..

I mean, that's nice.

No it doesn't, but lot of people don't only have a job to get money or because society forces them to, but because they find meaning in what they are doing.
Jun 18, 2023 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
MizunoWaveRider said:
thinkpad said:

Humans cannot live without technology. How would you do it? You wouldn't even be able to grow your own food, you need tools for that which already counts as technology. And the more tools you use the more efficiently you can work, and the more efficiently you work the faster you produce what you need, and the faster you produce what you need the more freetime you have to do things other than growing food. That's how gaining freedom works, you optimize the use of tools to such a degree that you minimize the time you have to spend on producing what's necessary to survive (food, water, shelter) and maximize the time you can spend on stuff that interests you (art, literature, music, philosophy, psychology, social activities and so on).

I don't know what you mean by "people like me". You don't know me, nor do I know you. Rather you should ask yourself the question of what you would do with your life if you weren't forced to work any job.

I neglected to say modern technology in that post but I continue to mean the same as before, as you didn't define it yourself, it is hard to grasp what area of technology of what era you're defending.

Also, I do grow much of my food without any modern tools, that found to be used many millenia ago. It is in my freetime to do so willingly and without coping with "I need technology to give me this free time".

Modern technology will continue to rob us of our time and free will by giving us many more surrogate activities to do that aren't essential or healthy.
Jun 18, 2023 9:35 AM

Feb 2014
thinkpad said:
MizunoWaveRider said:

I neglected to say modern technology in that post but I continue to mean the same as before, as you didn't define it yourself, it is hard to grasp what area of technology of what era you're defending.

Also, I do grow much of my food without any modern tools, that found to be used many millenia ago.  It is in my freetime to do so willingly and without coping with "I need technology to give me this free time".

Modern technology will continue to rob us of our time and free will by giving us many more surrogate activities to do that aren't essential or healthy.
Tools are tools, the only distinction is in how advanced they are and for what you use them for.
What you seem to understand by modern tech is exclusively social media and entertainment media, which I was obviously not referring.
Jun 18, 2023 9:39 AM

Apr 2022
I wont criticize your decision but be sure of thinking about it well. Maybe will be a good decision study something or if you dont want that, find a job you like. Goodluck
Jun 18, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 2021
MizunoWaveRider said:

Nah, there will always be more job, specifically maintaining and developing said automation systems.
And while I definitely do not support the idea of creating bullshit jobs, the idea that not needing to work is a good thing is wrong.
People need goals in life, something to achieve, having everything handed to them is a totally meaningless existence.
Jun 18, 2023 10:46 AM

Feb 2014
JaniSIr said:
MizunoWaveRider said:

Nah, there will always be more job, specifically maintaining and developing said automation systems.
And while I definitely do not support the idea of creating bullshit jobs, the idea that not needing to work is a good thing is wrong.
People need goals in life, something to achieve, having everything handed to them is a totally meaningless existence.
Statistics say there are more jobless people than available jobs.
Not having to work and not working are two different things. People working because they want to is great, people having to work bullshit jobs because of some artificially created shortage of goods is not.
Jun 18, 2023 11:05 AM

Jul 2021
MizunoWaveRider said:
JaniSIr said:

Not having to work and not working are two different things. People working because they want to is great, people having to work bullshit jobs because of some artificially created shortage of goods is not.
While you do have a point with large companies screwing over people because it's more profitable, there really would be a lot of people who'd rather just leech off of the working few.
Also realistically speaking if there were such a system, people would still just try to make profit off of it, with no incentive to actually make better service.
Just take a look at how bad American school food is for example.
Jun 18, 2023 11:42 AM

Jul 2009
MizunoWaveRider said:
thinkpad said:

Also, I do grow much of my food without any modern tools, that found to be used many millenia ago.  It is in my freetime to do so willingly and without coping with "I need technology to give me this free time".

Tools are tools, the only distinction is in how advanced they are and for what you use them for.
What you seem to understand by modern tech is exclusively social media and entertainment media, which I was obviously not referring.

I know more than social media and entertainment despite shunning them completely.

What types of advanced technology or tools are you even talking about? If we have AI cars and tractors for food, clean water and electricity delivered to your home, when do you think you'll be able to get a minimal effort job that supports you to live freely doing your paintings and philosophy? Are you considered a prodigy worth supporting?
thinkpadJun 18, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 18, 2023 11:49 AM

Feb 2014
JaniSIr said:
MizunoWaveRider said:
While you do have a point with large companies screwing over people because it's more profitable, there really would be a lot of people who'd rather just leech off of the working few.
Also realistically speaking if there were such a system, people would still just try to make profit off of it, with no incentive to actually make better service.
Just take a look at how bad American school food is for example.
I don't really think so, 50% of all work done in our society is voluntary work. People want to work, they just want to work jobs that they see a purpose in.
Also, I don't think giving people the bare essentials to pay rent, food and clothes is an invitation to leeching off. We already don't let people die, that's the main concept behind the welfare state, but instead of administrating poverty by keeping poor people in check we should just give them the money unconditionally and let them spend it. It would even be cheaper because the administration itself costs a shitton of money. Countless people are working the bullshit job of looking out that poor people don't have too much money.
The incentive to do meaningful work would even be higher if we just gave people a basic income because then every dollar you make, no matter how low the pay is, you can spend on things you are personally interested in. Right now, if you're working a low pay job, most of your income is spent on rent, food and clothes. So you're not earning money for yourself as much as you earn money for your landlord and food store. It's less an incentive and more blackmailing, "make me money or die".

I dunno about school food in particular, I thought the problem with public schools is that there is no free market that creates competition for better services.
MizunoWaveRiderJun 18, 2023 12:05 PM
Jun 18, 2023 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
thinkpad said:
I know more than social media and entertainment despite shunning them completely.
You're using social media right now. You also watch anime. You're also a shitposter.

thinkpad said:
What types of advanced technology or tools are you even talking about?
I'm not talking about advanced technology, you were. I just said tools are tools.

thinkpad said:
If we have AI cars and tractors for food, clean water and electricity delivered to your home, when do you think you'll be able to get a minimal effort job that supports you to live freely doing your paintings and philosophy? Are you considered a prodigy worth supporting?
Don't worry I don't need it right now, rather give it to the 13.4 million people in the UK who are struggling to get enough to eat. Unless you believe they are not worth supporting and thus deserve to starve. Maybe you will find a prodigy child among them that deserves not to starve.
MizunoWaveRiderJun 18, 2023 12:22 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Apr 24

25 by AndysSoncal »»
23 minutes ago

» The crickets or whatever insect they are outside my window are hella loud right now

SmugMiri - 4 hours ago

4 by traed »»
29 minutes ago

» My recent piano practice

philtecturophy - Today

6 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Do you go to anime conventions?

spaceslut - Mar 11, 2022

21 by GCRyan »»
2 hours ago

» What was the last Arguement you had and why did it start ?

Thy-Veseveia - 7 hours ago

7 by Kwanthemaster »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.