Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this anime is not messing around about violence. Not just the hostage situation but also the psychological drama this episode was pretty clear...

The pure amount of raw emotions too....just crazy how far this escalated. Still, I find this episode rather realistic with the way those guys initated their violence. Can happen easily in their world and it's awful that Tetsuo is involved now too. My only slight complaint this episode is the overall lighting, some scenes being a little bit dark.
Apr 16, 2023 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
Regarding the stalker, isn't this harassment too cruel? Why was Tetsuo scared when they were about to corner him on top of the building? Didn't Tetsuo know that they wouldn't actually throw him off the building? I thought the threat was just empty words. Tetsuo was really thinking about what answer he should give. Well, it's true that the building was just a hallucination of Tetsuo. They were still in the warehouse.

The interrogation they did with Kasen-san also seemed strange, why did they use wrapping plastic? Was Kasen-san using a new trick? Kasen-san acted like he didn't know anything. It's just that I felt strange when they used wrapping plastic.
Apr 16, 2023 8:27 AM
Sep 2015
At the most serious moment, suddenly AV = Animal Video LOL

Anyway, I guess some member(s) in yakuza gang are actually undercover cop, or spy from the rival gang.
Apr 16, 2023 8:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm looks like the OCG is just as cunning as Tetsuo is. But the insight into what led to the raid though was a nice angle to cover. The interrogation though was really well done being full to the brim with tension. The wife's plan of exploiting their time limit really was well played. Gotta hand it to the team of Tetsuo and his wife though in really messing these guys plan royally. Though the stakes sure are getting ever higher and the threat ever more real.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2023 8:57 AM
Yuri is Life

Dec 2022
Another great episode. The wife is really something. 

And of course, I learned something new again. AV is animal video. Noted~ xD
Apr 16, 2023 9:01 AM
Jan 2023
very good i like the tension of this anime
Apr 16, 2023 9:20 AM

Jun 2014
These guys aren't playing around when it comes to the torture, but Tosu and his wife managed to talk their way out of it. 

Now to further save his ass, Tosu is going to work with these guys. This is just getting more and more messy for him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 16, 2023 9:21 AM
Sep 2021
Tetsuo is trying his best to protect his family and he is now even willing to help the yakuza in finding nobuto to save his family.
Apr 16, 2023 9:26 AM

Oct 2022
Tetsuo tried his best to protect everyone.

Good Episode but I don't think that the person will work with Tetsuo after he tried to kill him.
Apr 16, 2023 9:28 AM

Apr 2008
Pleased with the general developments, but I do wish it could be a little more subtle. You don't have to say no matter who gets sacrificed out loud. We get it, and even if we don't then it's more interesting discovering it as the measures become more insane.
Apr 16, 2023 9:31 AM
Jun 2022
Quite interesting. Feels like some Korean show vibes. The kicks and punches feels powerful yet not over the top. While the storyline is actually quite interesting and worth a follow. Animation wise ain't the best but not the worst I've seen. 8/10 ep can't wait to see the next ep
Apr 16, 2023 9:42 AM

Jan 2012
Good episode. I thought they would adapt more story though.

It’s hilarious how yakuza is doing their job almost like CIA or some spies. Not very believable if you ask me. Also too overdramatic and over exaggerated for the most part. But not gonna lie, it is fun.
Apr 16, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2023
this episode was a banger !!!
Apr 16, 2023 9:49 AM
Feb 2021
the episode was good. i liked it
Apr 16, 2023 9:57 AM
May 2017
I liked this episode more than the others for sure. Tetsuo really is quick with his thinking, most people would stumble, fumble and crumble under the stress him and his wife are facing. His wife deserves praise as well. She's performs just as good on the fly, if not better.

This episode is picking up the slack from the previous episodes, if only the overall quality was a little better..anyways good episode regardless

4.5/5
Apr 16, 2023 10:02 AM

May 2020
Wife was on a 500 iq mode when she started buying time lmao. Though those goons calmly listening to her stories was more hilarious.

Tetsuo and his wife might have avoided the worst possible outcome, that was death but they'll still continue living on edge, and Tetsuo specifically, now that he's joining the forces with one of the main bad guys.

Though that daughter, she's beyond stupid to not even realize her mother went through a third degree treatment right under her nose lol.
Apr 16, 2023 10:02 AM

Sep 2013
What a fist clenching episode, we're gonna go even deeper the rabbit hole aren't we? But like Tetsuo says if in the end the 3 of them can survive this...
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 16, 2023 10:05 AM

Dec 2019
this is totally not important and you guys won't care, but when the wife was watching tv, there is covid-19 word on the tv screen :P so the whole thing is happening during the pandemic o.o
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
Apr 16, 2023 10:07 AM
Aug 2021
this gives me so much Ozark vibes XD lol.

Sep 2021
This show has me on the edge of my seat every week! 

This epsiode felt like it was 5 minutes shot. Tetsuo and Kasen survived the interrogation, but he now has to work with Kyoichi... Might be an opportunity though. In a best-case scenario, he can blame the murder on the other yakuza. Since Kasen already figured out their teamwork and trust is lackluster, she could certainly come up with a plan. 

Mar 2020
The acting from the wife is spot on, and it got them out of the mess, so well done to them. Also AV = animal video, fun fact I guess... such a needless moment in all the tension.
Apr 16, 2023 10:10 AM

Jan 2018
This Nobuto guy must be really fucking important for the yakuza guys to risk so much over.

The way the wife started feeding the goons BS was hilarious. But I wonder if this sort of strategy would work in real life. Like Tetsuo said many times, there are no right answers for situations like these. It all comes down to luck.

After the ending of this episode, I think I'm now fully hooked on this show. Really can't wait to see what goes down next.
Apr 16, 2023 10:21 AM

Dec 2019
0451 said:
This Nobuto guy must be really fucking important for the yakuza guys to risk so much over.

The way the wife started feeding the goons BS was hilarious. But I wonder if this sort of strategy would work in real life. Like Tetsuo said many times, there are no right answers for situations like these. It all comes down to luck.

After the ending of this episode, I think I'm now fully hooked on this show. Really can't wait to see what goes down next.
Nobuto is Matori's son iirc
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
Apr 16, 2023 10:40 AM

May 2015
Kasen knew there was no right answer, the only possible one was "I don't know", but in order for them to be satisfied with that answer she fed some bullshit and made it believable she's just an ordinary housewife. Brilliant. And Tetsuo proposing to work together, quick-thinking. I thought he might be in for another kill, but it would have created even more mess. This way is more interesting.
Apr 16, 2023 10:46 AM

Jan 2023
This story is by no means a masterpiece but I think so far it's a very underrated show compared to what else it has against it this season. Hell's Paradise and "Oshi no Ko" are two of the main hitters this season but I would recommend everyone to give this a try as well so far. It's an interesting story with decently well written characters. Excited to see how this progresses.
死人に口なし
Apr 16, 2023 11:10 AM

Nov 2022
Well I guess I was right and he gonna 'work' for yakuza. Death note vibes
Apr 16, 2023 11:15 AM
Oct 2021
I think this is going to be one of the most underrated stories this season. This episode is my favourite so far but I can only wait and see what comes along over the next few weeks. This is a story done right.
Apr 16, 2023 11:20 AM
Aug 2021
Each new episode is better than the previous one, I'm enjoying this anime a lot.
Apr 16, 2023 11:29 AM

Jul 2021
COVID-19 on the news lmao
Apr 16, 2023 11:52 AM

Feb 2019
“I don’t wanna die. I haven’t watched the soap opera I recorded” lmao she just like me

Man this is such a dynamic duo couple. Masterfully navigated that interrogation and got out without the daughter finding out 😂 this series feels more like a J or Kdrama than an anime and I love it
Apr 16, 2023 12:08 PM

Apr 2018
I remember this moment quite well when I read the manga. It was probably one of the best in the early chapters which is the start of Kyoichi's and Tetsuo's teamwork. Soundtrack is pretty good which makes some moments better, but overall it's decent.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 16, 2023 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
Best story telling this season!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 16, 2023 1:41 PM

Jun 2016
Here's wondering if Majima is going to be a major character who is going to appear again and again. My favorite character so far throughout this whole thing and the one I am most interested in seeing. That cliffhanger certainly makes me feel like he will be playing a big or an important role going forward
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 16, 2023 1:59 PM

Jun 2012
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:
Here's wondering if Majima is going to be a major character who is going to appear again and again. My favorite character so far throughout this whole thing and the one I am most interested in seeing. That cliffhanger certainly makes me feel like he will be playing a big or an important role going forward

He's my favorite character. He's level-headed and more intelligent than the rest of the goons but also cold and brutal. 
Shoot first, think never.
Apr 16, 2023 2:03 PM
May 2021
That was pretty intense.
I was on edge the whole episode.
Apr 16, 2023 2:12 PM

Sep 2018
Well, it was better than the other two episodes at least. This is something that live action does better unfortunately.
Apr 16, 2023 2:56 PM

Dec 2015
Studio did alright adapting this episode, gives me some hope for what's coming next.
Apr 16, 2023 4:20 PM
Apr 2015
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Well, it was better than the other two episodes at least. This is something that live action does better unfortunately.

Anime is better than live action but give it good studio
Like madhouse with kaiji and monster
Apr 16, 2023 4:45 PM

Nov 2016
Entertaining episode. Solid thriller anime like this are not common.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2023 4:51 PM
Jul 2016
Tosu is so goddamn funny. Talking about cats and soap operas while she's getting threatened by yakuza. Lmao.
Apr 16, 2023 5:07 PM

Jun 2016
Haunt-bot said:
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

He's my favorite character. He's level-headed and more intelligent than the rest of the goons but also cold and brutal. 
And his actions so far is what driving the plot as he's the most active in hunting down what is going on and being so proactive which is always interesting
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 16, 2023 5:21 PM
Dec 2022
Marinate1016 said:
“I don’t wanna die. I haven’t watched the soap opera I recorded” lmao she just like me

Man this is such a dynamic duo couple. Masterfully navigated that interrogation and got out without the daughter finding out 😂 this series feels more like a J or Kdrama than an anime and I love it

It probably would have been best if it was adapted as kdrama. Koreans are always making nowadays some best thrillers, crime genre related kdrama so they are expert at it. And most of their drama is over 1 hour so it gives them the chance to adapt in more volume. Anime will probably adapt just 1 arc and will cut many details also which actually makes a thriller, crime genre medium less interesting
Apr 16, 2023 5:41 PM

Jun 2019
Smart couple doing the best they can for their daughter who likes AV (animal video).

I can forgive how the show looks, it's really not demanding too much for the story. Unlike some action shows out there, only to be picked up by some studio with their laggy CGI.
Apr 16, 2023 6:16 PM

Sep 2013
Let's see how Tetsuo is gonna use his little grey cells to carry this one out.
Also, this season has some of the best literal waifus, Kasen and that cat story on the spot was great. She deserves her soap opera, made up or not.
Apr 16, 2023 6:32 PM

Apr 2022
decent episode compared to the first 2 as it finally felt tense, but my god the daughter is on a different wavelength.
Apr 16, 2023 6:48 PM
May 2021
im probably in the minority with this but i don't really like this show. i want to like it so bad, but it just doesn't really do it for me. ill give it one more episode before i actually decide to drop it or not. at the least ill probably end up putting it on hold
My 2023 candies:
Apr 16, 2023 7:15 PM

May 2018
Eh, I don't like it either, aside the bad production, which I don't really care all that much anymore, this isn't really working for me, I feel nothing. Also, as someone said earlier, this could probably work better in live action, but I still think it's a cheap suspense, the tension isn't really doing anything. At least this episode was a bit more interesting tho.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 16, 2023 7:21 PM

Jul 2017
3 days since Nobuto's murder, and Tetsuo thinks that he can be out of danger. But with the yakuza on the trail to secure Nobuto instead, Kyoichi has no choice but to act on his own accord to restrain the husband and wife altogether.

With Kyoichi interrogating Tetsuo as hard as he can, the latter would almost hit his breaking point, and same too to the former because Matori is on the verge of losing his job if Nobuto isn't found quickly. Tetsuo literally standing on a metal bar to the death akin on a pirate ship, and Kyoichi will not stand for BS while he ascertains his every move. But at any moment, death could ring at his very shoes, and regardless of the right answer, Kyoichi and his crew are just hitmen doing their job. Nonetheless, while Reika is watching an AV (animal video), Tetsuo also prepared for something like this, and correlating with his wife Kasen to hold them for as long as possible, which the ploy worked.

Kyoichi deciding to show himself towards the real culprit, where the only way out for Kyoichi...is to create a mystery story together, no matter the sacrifice.

A battle of wits, survival and sacrifice, this game starts now.
Apr 16, 2023 7:42 PM
Mar 2015
Everybody is just trying to survive
Apr 16, 2023 8:32 PM
Jul 2019
The series has an interesting tension and is one of my favorites, however, some ends were loose in this episode. It wasn't perfect. For example, the knife cut on the main character's head. It looked serious, but it ended up disappearing. Another thing was that the mobster released the guy before threatening him. Wouldn't it have been better to have tried to kill him still tied up? It would be better and more logical from an assassin's point of view. Furthermore, I found it interesting how well the couple managed to interpret the reactions of the marginals. It's a couple with very sociopathic traits, if we take into account the coldness with which they manage to deal with these situations.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

112 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 1, 1:02 AM

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

6 by AnimeFan500 »»
May 22, 8:36 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2023

120 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:59 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

236 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:38 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

66 by HanageShinken »»
Mar 5, 4:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.