Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
To be fair, class introductions isn't easy for everyone. I just find it amusing how Mitsumi did her into compared to someone like Sousuke.

We also got a karaoke session featuring Mitsumi and the others. They made her performance look like meme lol. Funny stuff though. I do like how lighthearted the episode is in showcasing its humor. 
Apr 11, 2023 7:47 AM

Nov 2010
This episode dug into insides of main characters. Girls' comics still excel in such kind of things.

Apr 11, 2023 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
Well the self introduction went better than expected except for the last part tho Shima seemed to correct that part.
Egashira isn't such a good friend from the way she is treating the main it seems like she just considers her a stepping stone to get friendly with Shima which is pretty bad.
Murashige on the other hand seems to be looking out for the main while keeping contact minimal with others because of her looks.
Overall a pretty nice episode.
Apr 11, 2023 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
I'm smiling and grinning like an idiot at the karaoke scene, really enjoying this anime so far

English is my second language
Apr 11, 2023 8:50 AM
May 2018
Murashige is hella beautiful and I'm so glad she ain't b**** like Egarashi
Apr 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
Self-introductions...are a bane a boon for everyone, including Mitsumi.

Despite a lack of sleep, her Aunt Nao-chan gave her the confidence, and that sums up the entire class's reaction about her., though Shima's name being akin to a family dog, that's more than just a coincidence...of the class officers being both of them, it's the jealousy and admiration of the girls. Though Mika advices her to be just casual friendly with Shima to avoid a confict, the feeling's all new for the country bumpkin. The first docket for the clique being karaoke, and Yuzuki Murashige being conscious for Mitsumi's sake, it's hard to deal with people when you're a countryside person, and her childhood friend Fumino knows by heart of how her temperament is like. But since it's a new environment, overthinking it would be too hard...and her song of choice being a children's tote song to alleviate the crowd, turns out that she can learn how to be fun as well. Sure, Mika has the intent that she's using Mitsumi to get closer to Shima, though she didn't take her own heart's advice, and led Shima to Mitsumi being exactly akin to her family dog. Haha, wonderful.

The rite of passage for all 1st Years is the Club choosing...and suddenly the Dance Club Senpai Narumi Kanechika pounces on Mitsumi's monotone expression, taking it literally seriously, though the conversational play is decent but unmemorable at best. That brings Shima to the decisions of life unpredictable, and Kanechika comes finding him on the offset that he's actually someone noteworthy, that he didn't want people talking about it.

Hah, it's normal for Mitsumi to aim for the Student Council, but is that the path she is taking to reach her dream? Who knows?
Apr 11, 2023 9:01 AM
Oct 2021
I have now witnessed the superiority of head nuzzles compared to head pats
Apr 11, 2023 9:02 AM
Jun 2020
first time going to karaoke and she immediately started singing her hearts out.
I absolutely adore this awkward girl
Apr 11, 2023 9:08 AM
Mar 2015
Life is tough as our gril tries to figure things out
Apr 11, 2023 9:09 AM

Mar 2021
This was a nice episode, Mitsumi was hilarious at the Karaoke
Apr 11, 2023 9:11 AM
May 2021
i really can't stand egashira. i need there to be a scene where at least one character tells her off before the show ends. adore murashige though. she's not only beautiful but has a kind heart as well.

really curious about shima and what happened in his past for him to get that upset at the drama dude. looking forward to more shima and mitsumi interactions as well. i absolutely adore them. they're such cuties
My 2023 candies:
Apr 11, 2023 9:17 AM

Mar 2019
I love the karaoke chapter and this was adapted really good. Mitsumi is lost because of the new environment and all but her song made me laugh so hard here lmfao. Yuzuki shows she's the best character, like i don't know how you can't like her in this scene (Thanks to Maaya Uchida as well). Mika is honestly annoying at the start of the series but your opinion will probably change later... And Shima being compared to Mitsumi's dog Satonosuke is always cute lol. Kanechika-senpai is an interesting character too, and the end.. oh boy
Apr 11, 2023 9:26 AM

Mar 2020
If I wasn't sold already on this show, I sure am now, I really enjoyed the vibrant nature of the show and its energy, and already the cast of characters looks very interesting. Mitsumi trying to fit in to a new environment was fun to see, and her energy is already getting infectious, you just love to see it. The dynamic between Mitsumi and Sousuke feels very charming, and head nuzzles reign supreme over head pats now, that's for sure. There's always one bad apple out there though, and Mika seems to be that type of character, which will get on our nerves. The drama around her should be quite interesting down the road. Another great character was introduced as well, Yuzuki, who seems like a real friend who looks out for others.

The voice acting, the animation, the characters, they all have you smiling, but there does seem to be some drama brewing here, with Sousuke's past. The coming-of-age theme kind of reminds me of Araburu Kisetsu, but executed better. First two episodes have been great!
Apr 11, 2023 9:30 AM

May 2020
LMAOOOO that's how you shut someone's advances. That girl acted too smart and was already kinda annoying, so good work Shima.

Also I'm not sure, does a dude walking in heels.. high heels, some kind of fashion in Japan??? Which seems to be pretty accepted lol.
Apr 11, 2023 9:30 AM
Oct 2021
This episode, it deserved a 10/10.

Mitsumi made a complete blunder out of her self-introduction (declaring herself to be a future Hitler?). Shima did a great job supporting her.

That red-head was very sus. Blondie turned out to be pretty nice for a gal.

Looking forward for a "Kanechika-vs-Kanade" showdown probably in the next episode.
Apr 11, 2023 9:32 AM
Feb 2023
this episode was funny and wholesome
Apr 11, 2023 9:32 AM
Sep 2015
I like that the gender role in this anime is more flexible than I expect, guy in high heels, and Iwakura's aunt Nao has such a mysterioys gender, even if it's not as homo as I want it to be.

Now regarding relationship, I think Iwakura should stay single, having a boyfriend, especially someone so carefree like Shima, will only burden her career path.
Apr 11, 2023 9:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Self intros are always so fun. Though doing it from the podium has to be twice as difficult. Her second day at least proved to be better. Dealing with cunning people is one of the things that Mitsumi learns to learn how to in high school. But its nice that her first karaoke visit went so well while also netting her another friend. Despite the doubt its fun seeing the bond between Mitsumi and Shima start to develop. Her speech really made quite the impact thats for sure. Looks like the drama club really is in dire need of recruitment. Overall a pretty fun ep that showed that while going to high school in a big city is very different that just being yourself can go a long way. Some interesting new characters that Mitsumi met as well in the form of Yuzuki and drama club head.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2023 9:38 AM
Dec 2020
The holding tears shot and the voice performance make the call from Fumi so good, it really helps Mitsumi a lot in understanding of how friendships are formed: you cannot peer into others' heart at once, but knowing them little by little, so there's no need to have prejudice. In the end of the episode reveals more about Sosuke. Though the tone can feel rather passive, I kinda agree with it. Sometimes it takes too much effort to deal with decisions that, may not be really important in the long run. The episode is still pretty fun, I laugh in many parts for various reasons, the humor can catch me.

Apr 11, 2023 9:44 AM

Jul 2020
yeah at this point i am definitely on board with this series, i adore the different yet engaging character interactions and i just love the characters in general. there is a lot of charm everywhere that i cant help but just have a goofy smile on my face throughout the episode, especially the self intro and karaoke bit those were so funny and charming but felt so grounded and i adore it.

this is already one of my favourite shows of the season and from the looks of it, its looking to keep the same quality throughout the rest of the it so i'm not really worried of any potential dropoff
Apr 11, 2023 9:47 AM

Feb 2019
Another simply beautiful episode. I really love the MC’s seiyuu. It’s such a natural sounding voice and makes the show just feel really organic. The karaoke scene was so funny too.

As expected, there’s definitely more to Shima than meets the eye. The people who are smiling the most are often hiding the most pain and clearly something happened when he was younger that he’s masking. Based on what the playwright said, looks like another child star who had to deal with some toxicity.
Apr 11, 2023 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
So enjoyable to watch. The dynamic between Mitsumi and Sousuke is so refreshing, especially the Sato-chan scene. Really like Yuzuki and the senpai too.
This is probably my favorite anime this season after just 2 episodes. So tempted to start reading manga now.
Apr 11, 2023 9:48 AM
Oct 2016
Mitsumi having a learning curve in the big city. Dealing with tons of new people she's never had to before in her small town. Coming from a place with so few people it makes sense she's overwhelmed by how many different personalities there are. Her classmate Mika not having the best attitude, trying to use Mitsumi to get closer to Sousuke. Whom himself has taken a nice liking to Mitsumi. Probably seeing her as not so uptight like most people in the city are. Sousuke is definitely a lighthearted easygoing guy, his abrasion to Mika shows he can pick up on how people are acting too. It was sad to see Mitsumi be pressured to over think all her interactions with Sousuke but I'm glad she's realized to just go with the flow and enjoy her time. That girl Yuzuki helped out Mitsumi a lot telling her about Mika true intentions. I'm glad that Mitsumi has someone looking out for her. That drama club president guy was definitely the type you'd see in that kind of club. Very eccentric and talking a lot but enthusiastic to get new girl Mitsumi to join. Sousuke seemingly has a part of his past he's keeping hidden the way he told the drama club president to buzz off. I'm interested to learn more about him.
Apr 11, 2023 9:50 AM

Mar 2008
In this second episode people can see more signs of how good the text in this series is, I really wish hard that this anime becomes popular, specially seeing how well it's being animated.

And in a story where a wonderful character like Mitsumi exists it's incredible how close Yuzuki gets to steal the title of "best girl" from her.

Tekmixer said:
Mika is honestly annoying at the start of the series but your opinion will probably change later...

But it'll only charge accordingly to the character's own change.
In the beginning disapproving her is justified.
PaninaManinaApr 11, 2023 9:54 AM
Apr 11, 2023 9:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is only the second episode and it's already showing STRONG characterization for a bunch of people, not just the MC. 

I think i'll love this show. 

Apr 11, 2023 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
This series just oozes a ton of heart and charisma, and the anime has managed to convey that really well so far in the 2 episodes aired. Loved the interactions as a whole in the episode too, especially with Mitsumi's introduction to the class as well as her performance at karaoke. She has her quirks but there's something about her that makes the whole series even more fun, and that was reflected too in how most other people felt during the session like with Murashige. In fact, the characterization for Murashige and some others in the 2 episodes have been really good so far, author clearly putting care into multiple people besides the main 2-3.
Apr 11, 2023 9:57 AM
May 2017
She is the perfect about of awkward. Most awkward characters in anime tend to be unrealistic but she absolutely nails it. Most promising slice of life to come in a long time.
Apr 11, 2023 10:08 AM

Feb 2020
These 2 episodes is so cute and wholesome.

The anime from this 2 episodes kinda remind me of Kimi ni Todoke, but more cheerful and lighthearted.

This show is fun! I wish the "drama" not going to be too heavy like Kimi ni Todoke

Apr 11, 2023 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
ugghh she's so adorkably awkward, i can't
both MCs just grip my heart, mitsumi-chan tho 😭
anyways, i love the art and color palette, it almost reminds me of last year's Do It Yua Serufu 🥰😊
also, i love me some shoujo plot where the guy isn't pushy/mentally deranged a bit, just the MC pair being friends and discovering themselves and each other along the way
Apr 11, 2023 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
It's interesting to see this story introduce certain themes with Nao and Kanechika. This episode was hilarious and I find Mitsumi to be naturally funny. All the characters in their circle are great and feel complex too. Shima, Murashige, and Egashira all seem like they're hiding something below the surface of their characters. I like the direction of where this is going, focusing on the characters.
Apr 11, 2023 10:37 AM
Feb 2021
Hiruuu_ said:
first time going to karaoke and she immediately started singing her hearts out.
I absolutely adore this awkward girl

agghhhh i know right 😢 she's so precious, national treasure
Apr 11, 2023 10:44 AM
Jun 2021
I know nothing about this anime and I think this could turn into one memorable romcom
Apr 11, 2023 10:46 AM
Dec 2022
I enjoyed every moment. Such a nice episode.
Apr 11, 2023 10:51 AM
Jul 2015
Nobody's expecting you to tell a joke
Tells a joke ...

That episode was so nice and fluffy.
Apr 11, 2023 10:52 AM

Oct 2021
I don't know if I'm dumb or something but I guess both the aunt and Shima are trans, or at least Shima had to play a female role on a tv show when he was younger? Either way I really liked this episode and hope the next one will be as good
Apr 11, 2023 11:06 AM
Sep 2022
This anime is a literal gem amongst gems.
Apr 11, 2023 11:15 AM
Oct 2020
Love relationship between Mitsumi and Shima, so heart warming
Apr 11, 2023 11:30 AM
Jul 2020
Another fantastic episode, I am really enjoying this anime so far!

What's about Shima's past? Hmm. Also its very funny how he reacted to her calling him by her dog's name, lol
Apr 11, 2023 11:49 AM
Mar 2020
very very good ep.
Apr 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
My God this is absolutely a hidden gem and this is exactly what I want, a good story and characters, no BS
Apr 11, 2023 11:55 AM
Aug 2021
another fantastic episode. this show is going to be great with where it is going. great characters.
Apr 11, 2023 11:56 AM
Sep 2017
I really like the way the main character is trying her best. She is experiencing the urban stuff for the first time and although sometimes she feels uncomfortable, she doesn't run away.
Apr 11, 2023 11:58 AM

Jun 2020
Only 2 episodes, and I’m in love alr. I must be the only one watching this and getting emotional. Phone call with Fumi again made me tear up. And seeing how awkward Mitsumi is and experiencing all these new feelings & realisations, one minute I’m smiling, next my heart sinks, it’s so nostalgic. She’s brave, having stayed true to herself and found herself some friends. She’s lucky to have these kind & wholesome people around her. And the mean ones too, she will learn from them.

Shima is so cuteeeeeeee omg…..like puppy cute, I love his budding friendship with Mitsumi. He’s clearly taken a liking to her because she’s so unassuming and genuine. I like that even tho he’s sociable, seems easygoing & “kind to everyone” like what Egashira assumed she knows about him, he’s also observant and sees through others & their BS. These characters have so much depth and are well-written, I can’t wait to see their development, even Egashira’s.

AND KANECHIKA’S DESIGN?? Omg, HES HOT. And Kimura Ryouhei voicing him, PERFECT FIT. Hope we get to see more of him!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 11, 2023 12:02 PM

Jul 2007
Another great episode. The comedy is on point and the relatability factor hits the spot too, at least for me. I find Mitsumi extremely likable. Looking forward to the mystery behind Sousuke's identity in the coming epis. 5/5 for this episode.
Apr 11, 2023 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
I love the scene with Fumi and Mitsumi, they adapted that beautifully. 
Apr 11, 2023 12:14 PM

Jul 2007
kur0ba said:
I must be the only one watching this and getting emotional. Phone call with Fumi again made me tear up.

Psst, you're not alone 🤗
Apr 11, 2023 12:26 PM
Apr 2019
love the color palette, love the characters. such a good watch so far
Apr 11, 2023 12:33 PM

Oct 2022
I loved this episode. It was so chill and super cute!

👻🎃 🎃👻

Apr 11, 2023 12:47 PM

Aug 2016
I don't know what it is but this feels like the most grounded slice of life I've ever seen. It feels real, it's not without exaggerated moments inherent to anime but compared to its contemporaries those are at a minimum. It's refreshing.

Apr 11, 2023 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
Really liked the overall wholesome vibe of the episode and the show in general. If this keeps up I'm probably picking up the manga at the end of the season.

Now, being a little meta here: seems like a lot of commenters are extremely quick to judge Egashira despite the clear message in this episode of not overanalysing people and assuming the worst about them. The girl has barely done anything at this point and everyone is already picking up their pitchforks. We don't know what she's thinking or if she even has ill intentions at all, so let's not jump to conclusions. This type of mentality kind of bothers me, cause people do that IRL a lot and it causes actual harm to people.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

232 by Natalie_Saramina »»
May 29, 5:25 PM

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

25 by Dip- »»
May 28, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

119 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

139 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2023

105 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.