Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2023 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
Aw, this is back but just as cute as the previous season as I remember. Seeing Yuna and Fina back on the television screen is a cute sight to see, along with her bear friends.

Tbh, seeing Yuna's face of smiles is wonderful again this season. She did face off against monsters already in this season premiere but I think she can manage, just like she always does. 
Apr 3, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
After 2 years, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is back, providing more punches than ever before.

Yuna and Fina make a grand return back to the Crimonia Kingdom, where honey-soaked beary pancakes made by Morin are the hot new thing at Yuna's restaurant Bear Haven. But the honey itself is a problem of the source, because it' not only popular, but children love it. Instead of the usual beehive, it's a bee tree that has monsters like orcs (and a horde of them) stopping people from harvesting honey. Only Yuna can stop them, and for the first time in her life, seeing bears being beaten by orcs, the odds are high that Yuna wants to be lazy. But with the presence of children cubs, that's the nail in the coffin that has Yuna punching her way down the orcs, and the bears being the beekeeper's protection monsters, giving her honey for saving their skin, that's governed by Lord Cliff.

A visit by Cliff and Noir to discuss matters, while Noir spends time with Fina and Misa's letter knowing that she's well, Cliff discusses with Yuna about Ellalura and Flora's business with her in the royal capital, and it's the same that it has ever been, plus the bear picture book that got its continuation that is insanely popular because of Flora promoting all around. Ellalaura still has the uneasiness that Yuna's beary instinct is strong at, and indeed, it's guarding the Academy's students on their field trip. But whatever Yuna snuffs, Ellalaura can sense it, though she concedes to her requests just for this one time.

A good return so far.
KANLen09Apr 3, 2023 7:26 AM
Apr 3, 2023 6:36 AM

Feb 2020
For me, this was the most anticipated show of the season. I have missed Yuno, Fina, Kumayuru, and Kumakyu so much. <3

Great first episode. All the cuteness was more than I could bear. So many cute characters and interactions. ^^

Nom nom. Those honey-soaked bear pancakes looked delicious.

It would be cool to see Yuno teaming up with Maple from BOFURI. They could do some real damage together.

SerafosApr 3, 2023 12:57 PM
Apr 3, 2023 7:08 AM

Feb 2018
[font="Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, \"Segoe UI\", Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, \"Noto Sans\", sans-serif, \"Helvetica Neue\", Arial, \"Apple Color Emoji\", \"Segoe UI Emoji\", \"Segoe UI Symbol\", \"Noto Color Emoji\""]Shuri is really spoiled. In addition, this honey supplier issue is really serious. The honey bender also seems to be having problems. The honey supplier who was supposed to be sent to the city is blocked by monsters. It's not honey from bees, but from honey trees. I can't even imagine hundreds of thousands of bees living inside that tree.[/font]
Apr 3, 2023 7:52 AM
Dec 2020
Very cute and fun as usual, impossible not to finish watching an episode with a smile on your face
Apr 3, 2023 8:27 AM
Nov 2016
cute mama bear is back
Apr 3, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2016
The anime with the most imaginative name is back. And right off the bat we're greeted with bear, cuteness and a sweetness overload lol Seriously, how many shots of those pancakes did they want to show us? I'm craving some myself now. Was that lowkey an ad for a store offering bear pancakes or what? XD
FMmatronApr 3, 2023 9:07 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2023 9:40 AM
Jan 2015
This episode was probably one of the most realistic ones.
Yuna is completely overpowered, but she is still a 15 years old girl who lacks any real life experience (her being an avid gamer and nerd in general doesn't really help).
Cliff wife manipulated her for good.
But it's actually some school of life for her I guess.
Apr 3, 2023 9:48 AM

Feb 2019
Real anime is finally back lets gooo. Man kuma kuma takes me back to that loaded Fall 2020 season, great memories. So good to be back with the girls and in the world. First episode was basically everything we’ve come to expect and love from this series. Can’t wait for next week
Apr 3, 2023 11:12 AM

Oct 2007
so nice to see Yuna and everyone again!

saved the bears and get honey. Mission complete.
Apr 3, 2023 11:12 AM
Mar 2023
much waited 1st ep of 2nd season.can't wait for next weeks sugary feast.

Apr 3, 2023 11:58 AM
Apr 2016
Didn't know this got another season until I look at today schedule. I just finish reading the latest LN last month so I'm totally prepared for Yuna to increase her Loli collection 😏
Apr 3, 2023 1:02 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Welcome back, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear!

It's nice to see all the characters back and getting to see more of Shia-san is always a plus, lol. 

I'm curious to see what this season has got in store for me, I honestly thought 1st season ended on a pretty good note. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2023 1:02 PM
Nov 2020
Can someone give me a recap of season 1?
Apr 3, 2023 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
Bear... Bear..  Beeeaarr....  Kuma Kuma Kuma!!!  Its back.  lets go!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 3, 2023 2:26 PM

Dec 2013
I don't remember much about S1, specially a lot of the characters but it is always nice to see more happy and colorful shows.
Apr 3, 2023 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
Not expecting much from the show itself but it was nice to see Yuna in her bear outfit again. Still don't like how her bear summons look.
Apr 3, 2023 2:37 PM
Dec 2022
I waited so long For kuma kuma to come back <3 Can not believe season 2 is here finally. Even tho have to watch in sub, i just hope the old Dub cast will be used - I loovvveeed that voice
Apr 3, 2023 3:27 PM

Jun 2016
I haven't watched the first season, but I gave this 2nd season first ep. a try, very cute episode, I think I'll catch up with the first season and keep watching.
Franz_FurantsuApr 3, 2023 3:31 PM
Apr 3, 2023 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
Drinking challenge: Take a shot each time someone says "bear" in this show.

Apr 3, 2023 4:01 PM
Jun 2022
So far so good. I can’t wait to see how it goes from here
Apr 3, 2023 5:16 PM

Nov 2012
They were really disrespectful is what they were asking of her. The King should've at least offered to pay her for her recipe AND for the book since they want to distribute it.  
Apr 3, 2023 5:25 PM
May 2017
Very good! Yuna is back, as cute as always.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 3, 2023 6:54 PM

Jun 2013
Oh the bear girl is back
Apr 3, 2023 7:34 PM

Feb 2019
the mini versions of Yuna's bears are sooooo cute! and they're adorbz to boot! lol
Apr 3, 2023 8:21 PM

Apr 2015
Piromysl said:
Drinking challenge: Take a shot each time someone says "bear" in this show.
I think she did actually use "bear" in English once. lol
Apr 3, 2023 9:54 PM

Jan 2021
Having this, Tonikawa, Alice Gear Aegis, the return (hopefully) of Kubo-san, and whatever other sleepers are out there, is spoiling the big part of me that loves slice of life. Eating good this season.

Apr 3, 2023 10:37 PM
Jun 2019
Sad they cut the scene where the Queen bearnapped one of her summons throughout the meeting, with Yuna needing to scheme to get it back.
Apr 4, 2023 3:22 AM
Mar 2023
op 1st ep. excited for next episodes.

Apr 5, 2023 2:02 AM
Jul 2020
Binged all of season 1, glad to see that the second season kicks off in a similar way. Will see what happens in this season.
Apr 5, 2023 3:14 PM

Sep 2020
It's finally here! Good to see all the characters back, also kind of wonder what this season is mostly about.
Apr 5, 2023 8:05 PM
Feb 2020
What volume is in the novel for season 2?
Apr 6, 2023 12:05 AM

Jan 2023
Yay, the strongest Kuma is back. She's helping her friends too in episode one, awesome.

Need more moments of Yuna & Fina though.
Apr 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Feb 2021
Yayayay Kuma bear is back! A very nice return indeed.
Apr 6, 2023 3:57 AM

Sep 2017
They look like newlyweds ^_^

Apr 7, 2023 12:10 AM
Aug 2022
Finally S2 , I love this anime so much ❤️
Seeing Yuna-chan again cured my sadness 🥰
I watched the 1st ep right after posting it at the 3rd April but forgot to mention it 😆
Apr 7, 2023 7:21 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusto el inicio de esta segunda temporada.

Apr 8, 2023 7:45 AM

May 2009
I can't believe this infantile shit is popular enough to get S2.
Apr 8, 2023 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
Masrifqi96 said:
it start from Volume 5th, chap. #108 "The bear eats pancakes" to chapter #114 "the Bear is asked for something by Ellelaura"

Franz_Furantsu said:
I haven't watched the first season, but I gave this 2nd season first ep. a try, very cute episode, I think I'll catch up with the first season and keep watching.
Yep, you must do it. its a nice series. and if you have the chance too, try the original source and read the Light Novels. 
there is a lot have not fully adapted from them into anime. Not sure in Manga. but not definitely by the anime.
as an e.g.; the first Ep in Season 1, "the Black Vipper Hunt" happens in Volume 2 "Chap 39 "The Bear goes Snake Slaying" to Chap #41.
Where Yuna found the Eggs that later bring to the town. 
EkunSjyApr 8, 2023 11:52 AM

>Quotes from AoB <
There is again! The ultimate technique: "It's all his fault, not mine!"
Goddess, High Bishop, you sure are popular!
まんが きけん      むがく -> Manga wa kikenjyanai, kedo mugaku desu.
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。
-> Manga isn't dangerous, but ignorance it is.
Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I didn't want to give the books leather covers.
Apr 8, 2023 5:33 PM
Feb 2010
Serafos said:

It would be cool to see Yuno teaming up with Maple from BOFURI. They could do some real damage together.
Personally, it would be more interesting to see Yuna to team up with Mai and Yui (especially considering the events of Bofuri Season 2).
Apr 12, 2023 10:25 AM
Apr 2013
Spent the last week binging kuma s1
S1 Rambling:

But general thoughts is that, in a sense kuma I like because its a lot like an anime i would like. I heard s1 skipped or rushed a few events but hmm.
There's some interesting names in the voice cast.

Anyway on to the actual episode
So we start out with more food as usual, to be expected 
Though I wasnt expecting things to take such a dramatic turn so quickly. Its kind of funny how story convenience means we didnt get to see any of these in s1, though I guess there was more important stuff to do

Its been so long since yuna used her healing magic way back at the start of s1 that I completely forgor she even had it.
It is kind of interesting though, since yuna while she is totally strong and overpowered, she is not completely like the other isekai protagonists that just steamroll. Although you could argue that for better or worse fighting is not the main premise of this anime, and its more like a slice of life with some action, or a mix. (I heard the ln spends more time on the action scenes though)

Its kind of funny how they just casually cut to the capital as if we dont know its (supposed to be) a multi day journey. Not sure how yuna is going to be able to hide the bear gate forever though.
Quite a lot happened this ep, they basically tried to have every character show up
(how exactly are they gonna copy a picture book of all things though)

Sounds like shia is going to be showing up next ep.
From the OP, I thought there was already a TON of characters from s1, but it seems they're gonna be introducing even more??
It's kind of funny since s1 ep 12 had this whole thing about fina because yuna was too busy.

(S1 seemed? to be pretty popular, but from what I see so far s2 seems to not be quite as popular for some reason. Maybe just timing or everyone who watched s1 forgor)
Apr 14, 2023 8:28 AM
Jun 2022
this series is as usual very relaxed
Apr 17, 2023 11:32 PM

Mar 2013
Finally, my/our lovely Yuna is back in action!
I'm glad to see another favourite of mine to get a sequel. KUMA KUMA KUMA BEAR PUNCH!!!
A mouthful title but it isn't a tongue-twister kind of title.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 18, 2023 12:16 AM
Jan 2021
I don't remember a lot of their characters or their relationships with each other. I know that this world is based on a video game that Yuna played in the real world, and the bear costume is sort of a gateway for Yuna to live in this world.

I know Yuna is responsible for all of the culinary and technological advancements that have been made in this world and Fina is the little girl who helps Yuna to make some money.

Sometimes when anime has new seasons, it's best to go through the previous season to relearn the context, and this is definitely one of those series where I feel that's necessary.

Regardless, can't wait to see more!
Apr 27, 2023 2:10 AM

Feb 2021
Finally, the second season is launching! I actually almost forgot the story but it's still quite interesting to watch this first episode.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 27, 2023 2:30 PM

Mar 2021
Wasnt expecting a s2 but Im happy !

Its still so cute, I love them ^^
Definetly the cutest anime of the season
Jun 19, 2023 10:08 AM

May 2020
It's good to see that lovely bear house after a long time. Time to binge-watch. "Nanka kimochi warui" 🤣🤣🤣. This feel-good anime made me feel good. 
Jun 20, 2023 10:44 AM

Jun 2016
shiger said:
Masrifqi96 said:
it start from Volume 5th, chap. #108 "The bear eats pancakes" to chapter #114 "the Bear is asked for something by Ellelaura"

Franz_Furantsu said:
Yep, you must do it. its a nice series. and if you have the chance too, try the original source and read the Light Novels. 
there is a lot have not fully adapted from them into anime. Not sure in Manga. but not definitely by the anime.
as an e.g.; the first Ep in Season 1, "the Black Vipper Hunt" happens in Volume 2 "Chap 39 "The Bear goes Snake Slaying" to Chap #41.
Where Yuna found the Eggs that later bring to the town. 
Hi Shiger, sorry for the late reply, I watched too many series this spring season so I haven't watched Kuma Bear S1 yet, but now that it endend I can say that I absolutely loved this S2 and my first impressions were right, I loved it since the 1st ep. to the last, I will surely read the LN and manga in the future.
Jul 6, 2023 11:15 PM

Dec 2020
Still cute still wholesome. Not like a recap but feels like a refresher ep with a huge chunk of characters showing up briefly to remind us what they do and who they were.
Sep 29, 2023 9:58 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
Spent the last week binging kuma s1
S1 Rambling:

But general thoughts is that, in a sense kuma I like because its a lot like an anime i would like. I heard s1 skipped or rushed a few events but hmm.
There's some interesting names in the voice cast.

Anyway on to the actual episode
So we start out with more food as usual, to be expected 
Though I wasnt expecting things to take such a dramatic turn so quickly. Its kind of funny how story convenience means we didnt get to see any of these in s1, though I guess there was more important stuff to do

Its been so long since yuna used her healing magic way back at the start of s1 that I completely forgor she even had it.
It is kind of interesting though, since yuna while she is totally strong and overpowered, she is not completely like the other isekai protagonists that just steamroll. Although you could argue that for better or worse fighting is not the main premise of this anime, and its more like a slice of life with some action, or a mix. (I heard the ln spends more time on the action scenes though)

Its kind of funny how they just casually cut to the capital as if we dont know its (supposed to be) a multi day journey. Not sure how yuna is going to be able to hide the bear gate forever though.
Quite a lot happened this ep, they basically tried to have every character show up
(how exactly are they gonna copy a picture book of all things though)

Sounds like shia is going to be showing up next ep.
From the OP, I thought there was already a TON of characters from s1, but it seems they're gonna be introducing even more??
It's kind of funny since s1 ep 12 had this whole thing about fina because yuna was too busy.

(S1 seemed? to be pretty popular, but from what I see so far s2 seems to not be quite as popular for some reason. Maybe just timing or everyone who watched s1 forgor)
CocoaGalaxy said:
(one thing I still haven't figured out is why is there three kuma in the name? at first i thought it was a joke, but it just seems to be three kuma and if there is I dont get it)

This I can answer. Kuma literally means bear. In Japanese, the title is くまクマ熊ベアー.

So the first kuma (くま) is written in hiragana, the second kuma (クマ) is written in katakana, and the third kuma (熊) is written in kanji. The English word 'bear' is written in katakana (ベアー).

In other words, the title literally means bear 4x.
patkarununganSep 29, 2023 10:21 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

80 by soundtoxin »»
Jul 13, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

43 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

29 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2023

31 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2023

27 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 12:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.