Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2023 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
We're getting more background story from this episode regarding Endeavor and his ambition to become the #1 hero in the world. Looks like he had a complicated past with Touya/Dabi.

Either way, this episode is another one for the recovery featuring Endeavor. The public is also aware of what the League of Villains are capable of now.
Jan 28, 2023 1:00 AM

Mar 2014
This sucks... I feel so so so so so soooooo bad for all of the Todoroki's... To have such a family is burden but family is something you don't pick, but has to accept. That's why they can't just throw away Endeavour, and decided to help him as much as possible to stop Dabi.
I really liked that this series FINALLY gets to the point of where people are like "tf is One For All?!" 
And next episode, we are going to see all of the people who were the previous One for All!
Looking forward to the next Episode!
Usopp8000Jan 28, 2023 2:01 AM
Jan 28, 2023 2:17 AM

Nov 2021
the episodes with new opening is just amazing....
loving this half of s6

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jan 28, 2023 2:27 AM

Aug 2013
You know the way Endeavor and Rei looked at each other, they had some serious angry seggs..just saying
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 28, 2023 2:31 AM
Jun 2022
Excellent plot it's going to get even more great
Jan 28, 2023 2:33 AM
Sep 2022
Seeing Endeavor cry for the first time just broke my heart. He is my favourite character, poor him :(
Jan 28, 2023 2:36 AM
Oct 2022
Excellent plot! Finally i can watch the Todoroki's family interaction 😭😭 baby shoto is so cute:")
Jan 28, 2023 2:36 AM

Jan 2023
It's amazing how they're trying to make everyone know how's the old Endeavor and how he has changed in the last seasons.
The OP was crazy 

Profile   ●   Website

Jan 28, 2023 2:37 AM
Sep 2015
As Endeavor's second biggest fan after Hawks, this episode is hard to watch, but it's also necessary to NOT denying that Endeavor is the cause of his dysfunctional family.
Though the situation in society is in an emergency crisis to the point that there's no time to resolve this matter in a meaningful way. Endeavor must put an end to this no matter he's ready or not.
This makes me think that while Shoto has such a deep story about his family, Bakugo doesn't have a family complex at all. He seems to be a one-dimension character, though some might consider this as his strong point.
I hope to find someone that love me just as much as how Hawks love Endeavor.
Jan 28, 2023 2:43 AM
Jan 2023
this season is soo great that i can watch it for eternity 😍
Jan 28, 2023 2:58 AM
Aug 2022
We have heard about villains and heroes and even broken heroes. But, mha for the first time introduced broken villains.
Jan 28, 2023 3:02 AM
May 2021
Always felt Endeavour pain man, was just a broken father!
Jan 28, 2023 3:08 AM

Feb 2018
Dang, I hope the Todoroki family builds a better relationship with one another after everything is over. I feel bad for their situation.

Looks like more people might find out about Deku having One For All too, wonder how that'll go.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 28, 2023 3:08 AM

Jul 2017
Just when you think that the Todoroki family couldn't get any more dysfunctional: there's the arranged Quirk marriage between Enji "Endeavor" Todoroki and Rei Himura that would birth a child (Toya) that would surpass All Might, and that's just a sliver of the big problem to come.

The hellish Todoroki family continues its run: Dabi still wanting to see the despair of the entire Todoroki family, and this is exemplified by the family's backstory in regard to his younger self. Both Endeavor and Rei would try again (in the form of Shoto) while said father tries to surpass All Might as the No. 2 hero, but it was all for naught. Toya, stricken by Endeavor's disbelief, trains hard to get his father's approval, only for it to go out of hand, leaving Rei in her care to play with the other siblings Natsuo and Fuyumi.

As expected of Shoto, he wasn't let loose of his own father's hellish training, and Toya, still wanting to become a hero, stuck his mindset to rebel against Rei, and from then on, would improve drastically by his own. Endeavor, realizing this, turns his anger upon Rei, and her being the victim of overbearing expectations, sees Toya within Endeavor to go insane. If Endeavour would've went to Sekoto Peak and saw Toya, it would've turned out differently, but he reaped what he sowed by trading Toya for Shoto, Rei and the siblings' care for his own gain. There's but only one pth for Endeavor: fight Dabi and recognize that Shoto is the hero's face of the family. The responsibility is not Endeavor's to bear alone, and both Best Jeanist and Hawks come in to collect information about Dabi.

With the villains creeping together and the heroes losing ground, there is still hope to gain what was lost: the banding of the Todoroki family and both heroes to stop Toya altogether. But the public gotten wind of One For All, that's a cause for concern. With more Class 1-A students recovering well except Izuku, it's a moment of ennui for Izuku and All Might to talk to the previous wielders and get a solid lead.

Emotional episode, but there's still hope to be felt.

Jan 28, 2023 3:11 AM

Feb 2020
this endeavor dabi shit is crazy
still hate endeavor lol 

My goodness I need some help from Tsuyu and her quirk.

Jan 28, 2023 3:21 AM
Feb 2022
good ass episode.
Jan 28, 2023 3:21 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
We finally get the whole picture of the Todoroki's family hellish origins. There's a detail about the caretaker which might be minute but I got stuck on that. Now it may be time to set the record straight about One for All.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 28, 2023 3:23 AM
Oct 2016
No choice but to fight. Endeavor has to stand up and deal with the situation not run away like he did with his family in the past. A very heavy episode showing how the Todoroki family fell apart. We already knew that Endeavor and Rei were married because Endeavor wanted to mix his fire quirk with her family's ice quirk. Now we get into the particulars, Rei family was struggling and saw her marrying a high profile young hero as a chance to gain back some of their lost prestige. Rei herself could've said no to the arrangement but choose to smile through it for the sake of her family. Something that's very common in our own world. Toya coming along was part of the plan but him getting Rei weaker ice affinity body wasn't. That one aspect set him up for failure. Toya as we heard before had a stronger firepower than even Endeavor but his body couldn't handle it leading to Endeavor realizing he couldn't surpass All Might like Endeavor had hoped. Which made Endeavor basically give up and ignore Toya.

As him and Rei created more children that were failures in Endeavors eyes compounded by All Might growing popularity Endeavor hatred for his situation grew. We could see the horrid look in his eyes as he knew his plan wasn't working. The same look at Toya would adopt later when he rebuked his mom's words about leaving being a hero behind. Endeavor even tried telling Toya to give up on being a hero, make some friends at school, and play with his younger siblings. But the boy wouldn't listen to either of them. The fire to become a strong hero and surpass All Might was already lit underneath Toya. He felt like there was no going back and contained to hone his fire even at the cost of his own body. Its like no matter whay anyone said or any injuries he received Toya wouldn't stop. Endeavor even said that Toya took after his own stubbornness.

It was so sad seeing Toya realize his dad had given up on him after Shoto was born. At that point Toya knew that Endeavor was solely concentrating on Shoto. Toya kept going and kept going in such a manic way that it seemingly cost him his life. Endeavor taking out his frustration with Toya on Rei as hard to see. Rei spitting back in his face that all Toya wanted was for his father to acknowledge and approve of him. Something that Endeavor wasn't capable of at that time. The collapse of the Todoroki family was started by Endeavor but the rest of them didn't do anything to stop it. A harsh realization but one that must be swallowed. Its the same as Shigaraki family like we saw last season, the father was the main source but everyone else didn't step in when they should've.

Hawks and Best Jeanist stepped in during an awkward moment but their presence helped. Hawks make a great point that all the pressure cannot be placed on Endeavor. Something the story has been focusing on with Endeavor since he became number one. That he isn't All Might and that's ok, all the pressure can't be put on one person because one person can't take that much. Even if they can once they're gone things fall apart as we're seeing now with All Might absence many bad things in society have happened. I love the moment of Shoto holding out his had to Endeavor saying they need to stop Toya together. Probably the closest Endeavor has felt towards his youngest son in a long time. Hawks connecting the dots about One For All was awesome, Endeavor providing the information that Shigaraki was after Deku and Hawks realizing there's some bigger connection there along with All Might. As Deku sleeps when though his body is fine there's an important conversation going on.
Jan 28, 2023 3:30 AM

Jan 2009
the secret of one for all will be revealed next
Jan 28, 2023 3:34 AM

Nov 2020
I always thought Endeavor was an aggressive and physically abusive father from the start, but it was suprising to see that he was really trying at the beginning and under what circumstances he turned into a bad dad. I am still confused what they meant by "stop Toya", hope it's not killing him since it's still their responsibility...

I somehow sensed that Dabi was more like a father's child as a kid, Todoroki liked his mom more. But poor Shoto was really through a lot, I got really emotinal when he was shouting after Enji hit his mom.
It was really heart-wrecking to see this dysfunctional family and if I am thinking about how realistic it was... Unfortunately it's not rare irl, just under different circumstances.
Jan 28, 2023 3:57 AM
Jan 2020
daddy issues the anime
Jan 28, 2023 4:44 AM
Jun 2021
family therapy session lmaooo but irdc what happened to dabi having trauma doesnt excuse his shitty actions
Jan 28, 2023 4:47 AM

Aug 2017
I have very little to say about this episode. Yes it was dramatic, and I guess there was character development (particulary for Endeavor) but I dind't feel anything.
Jan 28, 2023 4:55 AM

Dec 2020
That was an very good episode i was getting a little emotional although i reading the manga.
The background story of todoroki was hard really good job of the VA of endeavor.
Next episode is deku is talking to the other users.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 28, 2023 5:02 AM

Apr 2018
The backstory of the Todoroki family was delivered insanely well. You could feel all kind of emotions come up from the characters through the detailed facial expressions and dialogues.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 28, 2023 5:37 AM

Oct 2009
This certainly felt more apt for "The Hellish Todoroki Family" than the previous one. Did not help my initial dislike for Endeavour, I still don't think he deserves a redemption arc, but whatever.
Jan 28, 2023 5:41 AM

May 2015
Thatl look "its time to fuck to make perfect child" was hilarious xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 28, 2023 5:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sad memories of a broke family!!1 or not!!! kekeke
Jan 28, 2023 5:56 AM

Feb 2014
This was not an easy episode to watch, I must admit. The full backstory of how Endeavour and Rei first met for an arranged quirk-based marriage in his goal to surpass All Might led the birth of Toya. However, his ability was too strong for him to handle without causing damage to his body put a big strain on both Endeavour and Rei.

You can tell that they both tried their best to have him live a normal life, but Toya's obsession of wanting to surpass All Might led to him to train on his own, which ended up causing more of a strain to the family as the years went on by. In the end, he ran away, blaming Endeavour AND his own mother, Rei, for their failures and then lost control of his powers altogether later on.

It's good to know that Rei made her visit to help reconcile everyone in the family to play their part in dealing with the consequences now that the public now know what Endeavour did in the past thanks to Toya. With the help from Hawks and Best Jeanist, it's good to see everyone committing to this plan, even the reluctant Natsuo, for some much needed closure.

With that done, the next problem to deal with is the public now knowing about the powers of One For All, so there's no running away from that issue, either. It'll be interesting to see the next episode and what Deku will here from the previous One For All wielders.
Jan 28, 2023 6:08 AM
Oct 2022
Das isses einfach
Jan 28, 2023 6:16 AM

Jun 2014
The backstory on this dysfunctional family continues, highlighting how Toya ended up on the path to becoming Dabi. Even though Endeavor tried to discourage Toya from the pursuit of surpassing All Might, he couldn't let that go and continued pushing his body's limits to appease his father. That only made the strain within the family even worse, and now they're dealing with those consequences. 

Hawks and Jeanist popped in at an awkward moment lol, but their proposed "Top 3 teamup" seems to have Endeavor feeling a little better on this path to redemption and forgiveness. And then, we end the episode with the big question that's been looming for 5 and a half(+) seasons now: What exactly is OFA? Deku's chat with the predecessors will answer this question.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2023 6:37 AM
Aug 2022
The season is just amazing...
Jan 28, 2023 7:34 AM
Dec 2022
Oh man... I can't come up with the write words to describe what the Todoroki family has been through. I have to agree that Endeavor has reaped what he sowed, but Ik he can't face his past alone. After all this time, everyone's questioning about "One for All". Are they one their way to know that Deku's the current user??
Jan 28, 2023 7:37 AM

May 2020
Yes no one's opinion on Endeavor will ever change no matter how many times they play the sad family flashback.
Jan 28, 2023 8:00 AM
May 2021
Talk about a family reunion get together...
Damn.
Jan 28, 2023 8:22 AM

Apr 2014
They adapted and did super well in this episode. So dang sad. Like dang man. Wow.
Jan 28, 2023 9:03 AM

Aug 2020
The best episodes of the last 2 seasons have both been the backstories. I want someone else to animate my hero now, not bones.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Jan 28, 2023 9:16 AM

Jul 2022
WOW first really good episode in a while!! Very emotional and cool, Dabi's backstory is pretty damn good. I realized I like this show a lot better when it's not focusing on the students lol. Also, the best part of the end of the arc is coming up next episode, too. Finally we're getting into what I think might be the peak of this show.

Thinking about it now, I don't hate what's going on in the story right now. I really just think Season 5 was a fucking bust but what's going on now ain't all that bad.

Jan 28, 2023 9:16 AM

Jul 2022
DedPanda said:
You know the way Endeavor and Rei looked at each other, they had some serious angry seggs..just saying
How do I delete someone else's comment
Jan 28, 2023 9:31 AM

Aug 2021
one of the better episodes so far
Jan 28, 2023 9:53 AM
Feb 2022
Why did they have to ask Endeavour about what is One For All when the very popular ex-Number 1 hero's quirk is OFA and Deku's as wll, why nobody even asked about why Deku and All Might have the same quirk?
Jan 28, 2023 10:05 AM

Mar 2010
I'm pretty sure endeavor was just exhausted from work lolz. Ya'lls should know if ya'lls have a tasking wagie.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 28, 2023 10:06 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
This Endeavour redemption arc is one of my favourites. It develops further the Todoroki family backstory and add deepness to the plot.
Jan 28, 2023 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
Green_Giorno said:
DedPanda said:
How do I delete someone else's comment

You can't 😂. Sorry about that 🤣
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 28, 2023 10:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that's some serious family mismanagement there. Honestly, the problem with issues like this is that if it sticks around for long, it becomes a natural entity unless something drastic happens or one is willing to take serious actions to resolve it. Dabi, or Toya, is serving as that reminder call for the family, and it's nice to see that the No. 2 & No. 3 are willing to help Endeavor out on that. Whether he truly deserves that or not remains to be explored, but he should be really grateful to the people around him for lending him this support. 

Endeavor raising violence against his wife and obsessing over Shoto was heartbreaking to see, in particular. As Hawks pointed out, credits to Shoto for being able to confront them up front and look to amend ties. As a whole, this whole Todoroki family business has been very enthralling and I'm really interested to see how this will develop in the coming arcs. 

Now, it's time to move on to the main mystery of the story and that's regarding the connection between One For All and All For One, and Izuku's role in that, of course. We're almost there in the penultimate arc, or so it feels. The series has taken a very good U-turn from the downgrading consecutive previous three seasons or so, for real. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 28, 2023 11:26 AM

Jan 2017
This is the best MHA episode of this season so far, and one of the better episodes of the entire series.
オタク? 私はそのことが私がかわいいと思う!
Jan 28, 2023 12:00 PM
Oct 2021
READING THE MANGA WAS ONE THING, SEEING THE ENTIRE THING ANIMATED IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THING. MY. GOD.

This will never fail to make me wanna stab endeavor 189938 times, but it still shows how this family truly is dysfunctional. It's kind of a lesson to everyone with family problems that it's absolutely the fault of one of the parents or two of them or just one person but that mistake spreads so everyone has to be held accountable.

Even NATSOU was held accountable by his OWN SELF god damnit. Good episode

Bonus point: We saw Tsu.
Jan 28, 2023 12:08 PM

Apr 2015
Really liked this episode, Mirko in the first few episodes and Dabi's backstory have been the most enjoyable parts to watch this season for me by far.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 28, 2023 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
This anime gets lamer and lamer...Started great and now we are at this....Game of Thrones syndrome...
Jan 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Jan 2021
Man I hope Todoroki's fan can recover from this
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

267 by SengokuSeju »»
Jun 2, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stripes - Mar 11, 2023

296 by haminshamin »»
May 28, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

144 by haminshamin »»
May 28, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

223 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 21, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

173 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 21, 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.