Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2023 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, seeing the heroes like Deku with their injuries is scary. This might be one of their toughest beatings yet.

Feels like this episode was trying to show us the psychological impact of a war between the heroes and villains. Those kids crying and the aftermath destruction are just a few examples. The new OP song is interesting, definitely a bit more moody and darker than some of the previous ones. 
Jan 7, 2023 1:07 AM

Jun 2019
Well... the aftermath of all that is finally here and as far as eyes can see, there's destruction and sadness all over the place. Heroes are horribly injured along with many civilians. A lot of damage physically and mentally to all those people.

Btw, loved the new OP by Eve with that animation by Yutaka Nakamura. And, the ED was great as well.
Jan 7, 2023 2:24 AM
Sep 2015
They shouldn't do a recap because it'll make the audience realized that an event that spent 13 episodes can be summed up in just half an episode.
Also, I'm a little bit confused, does Gigantomachia get arrested or not? At first the report said Gigantomachia was carried by two helicopters, and later the report said 132 members of liberation front including Gigantomachia are still at large.
Jan 7, 2023 2:38 AM
Nov 2022
This episode was just a recap although it was needed to get a break from the action.
Jan 7, 2023 2:41 AM
Nov 2022
painful, id rather them have animated the tartarus stuff straight after just like the manga to keep the momentum up? just me tho maybe
Jan 7, 2023 2:48 AM
Jul 2021
phantomfandom said:
They shouldn't do a recap because it'll make the audience realized that an event that spent 13 episodes can be summed up in just half an episode.
Also, I'm a little bit confused, does Gigantomachia get arrested or not? At first the report said Gigantomachia was carried by two helicopters, and later the report said 132 members of liberation front including Gigantomachia are still at large.

He has been captured
Jan 7, 2023 3:00 AM

Jul 2017
New OP by Eve, more than a good song, it's spectacular that Eve has finally reached the levels of MHA with Yutaka Nakamura's unique animation. ED is good too.

The half-episode recap of Re-Destro ravaging the Public Safety Commission, Endeavour's pursuit into Jaku Hospital to find Dr. Kyudai Garaku and resist the awakened and newly multi-Quirk-powered Shigaraki, Edge Shot's pursuit to ambush the Paranormal Liberation Front's at their HQ, and the clash between Endeavor and Shigaraki plus others in support, guess this was just a refresher after a week away from New Year's.

The aftermath of the Paranormal Liberation War, the war between heroes and villains...lefft a pretty deep scar on both sides of the community as a whole. The city's wrap up on the Front, it was a devastating sight to behold: total destruction and motivation lost in the midst to save innocent lives, the recuperation effort does not stop, and being a hero or a villain, the job is an afterthought now.

The reality is smeared in everyone's faces, and the line blurs even further at the sight of hopelessness. And still, All For One will keep on rearing his dreams through Shigaraki.

What a depressing return, but this is to be expected.
Jan 7, 2023 3:00 AM
Jul 2022
Every season has a filler episode, this time it was not the first but first of second cour.
Jan 7, 2023 3:03 AM
May 2020
I already love the op and the Ed lmao. It’s hard asf.

And seeing the students cry and all the aftermath did hit my feels a lil bit.
Jan 7, 2023 3:04 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn. Pretty grim episode as expected :(
Jan 7, 2023 3:09 AM
May 2021
Bruh such a wasted ep… recap for what? Like we forgot everything that just happened ffs mha always does the annoying shit. However I like the visuals of the new OP & wasn’t expecting Eve to sing it!!
Jan 7, 2023 3:20 AM

Jun 2014
No need to waste half the episode recapping what we just saw, but ok....

Anyway, the aftermath of such a large-scale conflict is depressing and bloody as expected. Civilians fighting for their lives, people weeping and crying for their loved ones, overwhelmed medical personnel, and heroes straight up quitting because they can't handle the pressure. Of course there were some hero casualties as well, with the most notable being Midnight. Her, X-Less, and Crust are honestly the only 3 heroes who died that I can name, you could give me a million years and I wouldn't be able to identify the rest of them because of how irrelevant they were lol. But I think Hori was playing it safe here, kill off irrelevant heroes so there's a decent death toll and make the major casualty someone whose death isn't super consequential for the story, but had just enough presence up to this point for their death to still be somewhat emotional. Midnight got the short end of the stick but fits that description perfectly. Gran Torino still should have been on that casualty list though, btw. Now there's public unrest and distrust amongst the people toward heroes and their ability to protect everyone, all while AFO is on the move with his plans. He's really giving the heroes no time to rest.

Also, that new OP is great, Eve does NOT miss. For a franchise as big as MHA, I feel like it's been lacking for a while now in the OP department. This is probably the first OP that I've really fucked with since the first OP of season 3 almost 5 years ago. The visuals are great too, it's so easy to tell when it's Yutaka Nakamura's work. Now can we please get some visuals like that for the actual show, why does the OP look better than anything we've seen up to this point 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 7, 2023 3:21 AM

Jul 2019
Why did they show us a recap for half an episode when they could have used that time to do a flashback of the Detnerat commercial that was cut from the manga? What a waste.

I hope that the next episodes adapt at least 2 chapters.

Anyway the OP is really great, the best one since season 3.
Jan 7, 2023 3:27 AM
Jan 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
No need to waste half the episode recapping what we just saw, but ok....

Anyway, the aftermath of such a large-scale conflict is depressing and bloody as expected. Civilians fighting for their lives, people weeping and crying for their loved ones, overwhelmed medical personnel, and heroes straight up quitting because they can't handle the pressure. Of course there were some hero casualties as well, with the most notable being Midnight. Her, X-Less, and Crust are honestly the only 3 heroes who died that I can name, you could give me a million years and I wouldn't be able to identify the rest of them because of how irrelevant they were lol. But I think Hori was playing it safe here, kill off irrelevant heroes so there's a decent death toll and make the major casualty someone whose death isn't super consequential for the story, but had just enough presence up to this point for their death to still be somewhat emotional. Midnight got the short end of the stick but fits that description perfectly. Gran Torino still should have been on that casualty list though, btw. Now there's public unrest and distrust amongst the people toward heroes and their ability to protect everyone, all while AFO is on the move with his plans. He's really giving the heroes no time to rest.

Also, that new OP is great, Eve does NOT miss. For a franchise as big as MHA, I feel like it's been lacking for a while now in the OP department. This is probably the first OP that I've really fucked with since the first OP of season 3 almost 5 years ago. The visuals are great too, it's so easy to tell when it's Yutaka Nakamura's work. Now can we please get some visuals like that for the actual show, why does the OP look better than anything we've seen up to this point 💀

“Why does the OP look better than anything we’ve seen up to this point?”

Lmao, you mean the OP storyboarded and exclusively key animated by Yutaka Nakamura, one of the best animators currently still working. C’mon dawg? 
Jan 7, 2023 3:30 AM

Jun 2014
Maxxzs said:
Lmao, you mean the OP storyboarded and exclusively key animated by Yutaka Nakamura, one of the best animators at present. C’mon dawg?
It's a rhetorical question. I literally name dropped him the previous sentence, I'm well aware this was done by him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 7, 2023 3:34 AM

Jan 2018
Wow the new OP is actually pretty good. 

I liked that this episode focused on the aftermath of the recent Heroes vs Villains war. Most capeshit movies or TV shows like the MCU gloss over the human casualties like it's not important so it was refreshing to see MHA do this justice.

The build-up for this arc makes it seem like it's going to be very interesting. 
Jan 7, 2023 3:36 AM

Jan 2009
the new OP is great its animated by the ace animator of BONES and that is Yutaka Nakamura hopefully he do sakuga scenes on some episodes too

mostly recap and filler episode but there are still some manga canon contents here

RIP Midnight that is one less sexy woman for this show

and this shot by Ochako is awesome captures her despair or shock so good

degJan 7, 2023 4:10 AM
Jan 7, 2023 3:37 AM
May 2022
phantomfandom said:

He is arrested in the manga for what I know
Jan 7, 2023 3:37 AM

Aug 2017
A recap episode with very little new information. Fair enough, I don't want animators working on the New Year.
Jan 7, 2023 3:49 AM

May 2020
Nevermind the recap eating away half of the episode, this was still plenty gruesome. Maybe the most we ever got in this series. That explains the causalities and now growing distrust of people towards heroes.

Midnight passed away.. offscreen. Guess she really was unfortunate. Btw the visuals in new OP setting a standard themselves.
Jan 7, 2023 3:59 AM

May 2018
ignoring the recap in the first half, this episode was great, showing the consequences of a war-like battle. But the real MVP was the OP, eve can do no wrong :D
Jan 7, 2023 4:01 AM

Apr 2016
THE OP AND THE ED TTTTTT

Jan 7, 2023 4:01 AM
Feb 2021
tomuraeth said:
painful, id rather them have animated the tartarus stuff straight after just like the manga to keep the momentum up? just me tho maybe

I think the same
It interrupted the whole feeling of war.
It's a bit disappointing, but I acually don't belive in an epic anime adoption anymore...
Good? Maby. But not epic /:
Jan 7, 2023 4:03 AM
Feb 2016
Isn't it episode 13?
Jan 7, 2023 4:13 AM

Mar 2020
GOAT EVE!!!!! AND THE OP VISUALS IS AMAZING! ED IS COOL TOO.

I'm a fan of Eve. I was really surprised that he will be incharge of the OP 😊

This is a depressing episode. Very sad for the heroes and everyone especially rest in peace to those who died. 😢
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 7, 2023 4:18 AM

Dec 2018
not a fan of recaps but the last 1/3 of the episode was good.
Jan 7, 2023 4:20 AM

Aug 2014
"I'M NOT HERE"
Now this is how to make a post-war episode.
That was both fantastic & depressing.
Can't believe they straight up killed Midnight like that!
She was a fantastic character so really surprised actually
10/10 yet again
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 7, 2023 4:23 AM
Dec 2022
i hated it, useless in my opinion😅
Jan 7, 2023 4:31 AM
Oct 2022
phantomfandom said:

no..... he is arrested
Jan 7, 2023 4:33 AM
Oct 2022
10 mins of it was just a recap..... but tbh i kind of like that cause i was thinking of rewatching these 13 episodes to just be up to date and not forget some minor things
but yaa..... still the minor things might not have been highlighted in this 10 min long recap
and btw why do they show the mha logo for Iike 7 to 8 seconds in the intro
Jan 7, 2023 4:33 AM

Apr 2018
A report? Felt more like a 85% recap episode and a bit of aftermath information of the war. Not much to say about this episode except for the formidable opening by Eve with some incredible animation scenes. A lot scenes from the manga were in it, which in fact are some of the best moments, for the upcoming arcs. The next episode looks promosing, so hopefully it'll be good. Forgot to mention that the upcoming arc is where Deku shines brightly. Imagine if we can see 

The ending is alright, not much to say on it.
 Even the current season is just going on the same route as the previous one.. It looked great in the beginning, but seems like they don't care enough.
SideCharacterKalJan 7, 2023 4:41 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 7, 2023 4:34 AM
Sep 2022
I really liked the episode, but the first half being a recap was not that disappointing and maybe even understandable but it just kinda sucked tbh. Second half was really peak tho
Jan 7, 2023 4:34 AM
Jan 2016
We didn't really need to spend half an episode to recap
Jan 7, 2023 5:06 AM
Apr 2021
Basically just a recap with the new op and ed attached, all things considered this episode was okay after we got all those good scenes from part 1, we got some insight to the aftermath but that's basically all.
Jan 7, 2023 5:10 AM
Jun 2020
idk if anybody else felt this way but to me the whole episode was a recap of what we just finished watching in the past eps. kind of a waste but i do get that they needed a break from the action
Jan 7, 2023 5:14 AM
Jan 2023
SideCharacterKal said:
A report? Felt more like a 85% recap episode and a bit of aftermath information of the war. Not much to say about this episode except for the formidable opening by Eve with some incredible animation scenes. A lot scenes from the manga were in it, which in fact are some of the best moments, for the upcoming arcs. The next episode looks promosing, so hopefully it'll be good. Forgot to mention that the upcoming arc is where Deku shines brightly. Imagine if we can see 

Even the current season is just going on the same route as the previous one.. It looked great in the beginning, but seems like they don't care enough.

It was 6-7 minutes of actual recap and that was like 35 percent of the episode, what is the hyperbole here.

This season been insane, and is the highest rated of the series across multiple sites, the current season is regarded as one of the best rn what?
Jan 7, 2023 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
Heavy aftermath episode. The death count is high, but we honestly only care about Midnight, not the wizard guy or anyone else. She's been there since the beginning and the reaction of the students made her loss even sadder.

RIP

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2023 5:15 AM

Aug 2014
This is like a recap of what happens. But still the vibe is there
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 7, 2023 5:24 AM

Feb 2014
What a brutal and despairing return to My Hero Academia for the second cour of season six. =(

The re-cap was a lot longer than I thought it would be. It did show scenes of how Bubaigawara's clone acting as Re-Destro making havoc at the Public Safety Commission before the plan against the Liberation Front went ahead was interesting to see, but the length of the re-cap itself, although understandable as to why it's been used, will be a bitter pill for many watchers here to swallow.

The second half of the episode, though, was bloody depressing and sad. Even though the main fight has ended for now, the battle to rescue the innocent civilians from crumbling buildings and saving them from any further structural collapse continued on, with a few heroes wanting to outright quit. Seeing Uraraka's face looking shocked gave me a small shot of goosebumps, but seeing the other students mourning over the death of Midnight simply made the episode far more sad. Even Spinner looking petrified at Shigaraki's body being controlled by All-For-One as he was talking adds even more weight to how brutal this war has been for both sides.

The ED song and visuals were pretty good, but the OP as a whole was excellent. Eve's song was superb as it complimented the sad theme of the OP visuals itself. The animation of the OP itself was top-tier since it's been worked by Yutaka Nakamura himself, which you can clearly see when it showed the fight scenes. Lovely stuff! =)
Jan 7, 2023 5:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Are you telling me my favorite eye candy Lady Midnight is gone for good?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 7, 2023 5:47 AM

Aug 2019
Of all characters why did Midnight have to be killed off FFS

Jan 7, 2023 5:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hm, recap for half of it but 2nd half was harsh, so many deaths and people suffering after the destruction of the city, RIP Midnight
Jan 7, 2023 5:51 AM

Apr 2018
FrancisWorkies said:
SideCharacterKal said:

It was 6-7 minutes of actual recap and that was like 35 percent of the episode, what is the hyperbole here.

This season been insane, and is the highest rated of the series across multiple sites, the current season is regarded as one of the best rn what?

I'm so sorry for misleading you! I couldn't care less how long the recap was, it was still there 🤷‍♀️. It's the story that carries the anime. Everything else is close to shit. The war arc has been hyped for a long time, but the anime doesn't live up to it. it's highly rated because of the first few episodes which were spectacular. The rest has been dull except for Dabi's Dance.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 7, 2023 5:57 AM
Jun 2014
They could've just released a new opening as AMV or smth without all that recap shit. 
Jan 7, 2023 6:18 AM

May 2015
Beside this +/- 10 min. recep the rest was really good. Poor Uraraka :(

Didnt care about Midnight though. Twice death hit harder.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 7, 2023 6:18 AM
Jan 2023
SideCharacterKal said:
FrancisWorkies said:

I'm so sorry for misleading you! I couldn't care less how long the recap was, it was still there 🤷‍♀️. It's the story that carries the anime. Everything else is close to shit. The war arc has been hyped for a long time, but the anime doesn't live up to it. it's highly rated because of the first few episodes which were spectacular. The rest has been dull except for Dabi's Dance.

This is blatantly false considering that the rating increased more after the latter half of the first cour. All the highest rated episodes of the season fall on this latter half too?? Like I don’t know what to tell you when animators and directors of other productions are talking about the first cour being well animated.

I know you already like hyperbolizing, but this is something
else. 
Jan 7, 2023 6:25 AM
Jul 2022
Haven’t seen it yet. Waiting for dub 🗿🗿🗿
Jan 7, 2023 6:35 AM
Jan 2022
I thought this episode was just a recap, but it wasn't. by the way Did Shigaraki go blind? because judging by the footage for the next episode, Shigaraki's irises have changed from the previous color
Jan 7, 2023 6:55 AM
Dec 2022
Pre_Yum said:
Well... the aftermath of all that is finally here and as far as eyes can see, there's destruction and sadness all over the place. Heroes are horribly injured along with many civilians. A lot of damage physically and mentally to all those people.

Btw, loved the new OP by Eve with that animation by Yutaka Nakamura. And, the ED was great as well.

What's the song title? Is it out yet?
Jan 7, 2023 6:59 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The 6th season of MHA is back for Winter 2023 and we got a brand new OP by Eve which has some really awesome visuals and a new ED by SIX LOUNGE which brings back the classic anime running and I’m ngl the visuals showing some great moments from the past and then ending on Class A together got me feeling some feelings lol, I really like it, not sure if I’d place them over the first OP and ED or not but I’ll know later for sure. This was a decent episode to return to, it would have been a great one but the extended recap kinda hurt it for me, I know a lot happened but it also just happened lol.

I really liked the new content of this episode tho, we got to know what happened to each of the leaders of the Liberation Army and see some of the aftermath of the chaos we just witnessed, Uraraka just saving those kids in time was a bit comedic with her reaction but then after hearing a hero talk about how hopeless everything is it looked like things were sinking in for her, that was just a really good moment imo. And sadly I already knew about Midnight’s death because someone spoiled it in one of these episode discussions way early on but that was still a really good moment seeing the students find her dead, this 2nd half seems to be going in a darker direction and I’m all for that, really looking forward to the rest of this season.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

140 by oozePOP »»
Apr 22, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

261 by Randompersonwho »»
Apr 22, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

158 by oozePOP »»
Apr 21, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

181 by oozePOP »»
Apr 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

337 by bubba460z »»
Apr 19, 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.