Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Bocchi, you've just earned your first payday of 10,000 yen! That's enough to cover her needs and wants, except that the money is needed to fund for the concert. When all is put together, you have Bocchi strangling her way out of her social anxiety trying her best not to be exposed to the limelight, haha.

But when it came time to asking Seika about the band's concert to be held at Starry, it's a no-go. The problem is that their last performance was a fluke that turned into a flop, and skills are more important than appearances, that Nijika throws a fit. This time, things are different, and Seika wants a proper audition before the performance, and Bocchi being an obedient dog is just so her lols. Perception is just as important, and Kita's perception about Bocchi early on may have also been a fluke, but it's also her innocence that she's able to project her requests towards her.

Ryo wanting to go full-on delinquent for the visual growth appeal that speaks "band", it's too over-the-top lols. Bocchi's growth in Kessoku Band is steady, but I understand how hard it can be to define "growth" in a band setting, and what Nijika says is actually true of the dependence on the stretch of reaching to the masses.

Kessoku Band's first (performed) song has so many feels, from Kita's VA performance to the entire choreography and cinematography of the band's performance itself. But it's clear that they have aways to go, and at least they passed. Bocchi's too happy that her vomit sequence has to be replaced with the caricature of Japan's few dams School Days style, this is too hilarious to call lols.

Seika has always opened a slot for them, though it's at the point of like teasing them, it's actual growth on them as well. And selling tickets is the first action...which scares the shit outta Bocchi to sell even 5 tickets. YABAI, it's really over.
KANLen09Nov 6, 2022 6:50 AM
Nov 5, 2022 8:28 AM

Jun 2019
Bocchi receiving the money for the first time was probably the most relatable thing. What am I gonna do with this money? Also, I love every time Bocchi gets praised and her expressions at that moment. So cute... Bocchi is too cute.

Also, loved their short hair look. Some really good cinematic shots in this episode as well as great character acting. The audition was amazing and Bocchi was enjoying herself. This show keeps impressing me more with each episode. I absolutely adore this show and all four girls.
Nov 5, 2022 8:38 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode once again.

Those expressions never fails to amuse me. x3

I loved the performance. Good job, girls! I'm proud of you!

SerafosNov 5, 2022 12:25 PM
Nov 5, 2022 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
You know ...

... its hard with shows like these. You see, the whole gig, the whole identity of this anime is Bocchi being an alien incapable of any sort of basic social interaction, and sequential funny gag moments we can make out of it. And thats it, thats the whole thing. And you can't possibly have Bocchi getting more socially brave, cause you'll lose the whole point of the show.

Dude, for Christ Sake, it took them five episodes to show us them actually playing a song, in this supposedly music anime, lol.
Nov 5, 2022 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
WOOF! Nice dams!

Kessoku Band's album has 14 songs in total, which will be released on 28 December. It will be a long long way for the lyricist of a band like Bocchi.
https://bocchi.rocks/music/cd.html

-------------------------------------------------------

Lyrics: ZAQ
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 5, 2022 9:59 AM

Feb 2021
The animation and direction on this show is just amazing!

That performance was insane, I haven't seen a band look this good in an anime before.
The guitars, drums, and bass playing all looked really good.

This is why CloverWorks is my favorite studio.
Nov 5, 2022 10:03 AM

Mar 2021
Really love this show i just love Bocchi's reactions when people are talking to her
Nov 5, 2022 10:07 AM

Oct 2022
Amazing episode as usual!
The audition was so good and the training up to it surely helped them to realize some things. Beautifully animated too, but that's also to be expected from the show by now anyway.
Nov 5, 2022 10:08 AM
Jun 2020
Kessoku Band (finally) played today and not only that, they performed their new original song "Guitar, Loneliness, and Blue Planet!"

Tenchou being a tsundere sis-con made them audition for a schedule and audition they did. The performance by Bocchi made everyone notice that she is a different person when playing the guitar.

Bocchi emotion every episode is such a roller could and i faqin love it. Her first paycheck, the album cost, about their audition and now she have to sell 5 tickets... she even misunderstood Tenchou's "I'm always watching you"

Hiruuu_Nov 6, 2022 7:32 AM
Nov 5, 2022 10:14 AM

Feb 2020
One word: Fantastic.
Nov 5, 2022 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode! Man, loving this show so much!
Nov 5, 2022 10:16 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome episode. I love seeing how far Bocchi has come and as someone who also has social anxiety and doesn’t like to be around people, but likes the benefits that being around people can afford, I relate to her so much. Her coming out of her shell with the band reminds me a lot of when I joined my anime club in grad school. Miss those days.

The song they worked on today was AWESOME too. Loved how the best drop coincided with Bocchi finally breaking out of her shell.

Can’t wait to see the audition.
Nov 5, 2022 10:19 AM
Apr 2022
Like another episode, that is really nice.
The new song finally out
Nov 5, 2022 10:20 AM
Dec 2021
Is it just me that is missing the “Distortion” song ? 😭😭
Nov 5, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2022
I can't be the only one who thinks they should 100% play wearing the suits:

Song was great as expected, wonder what Nijika's real goal is.
Nov 5, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2021
I think this episodes solidifies Bocchi the Rock as being my favorite show this season
my candies:
Nov 5, 2022 10:31 AM
Jul 2022
When the manager called back Bocchi, I thought she was gonna tell her that she knew she was guitar hero!

I've also been curious about the black-haired girl, I hope we get to know more about her.
I don't expect her to join the band though.
Nov 5, 2022 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
Alright, I think this is the episode that's finally grabbed me enough to admire this show without feeling cautious about what the future is going to be and if there was going to be a dropoff (like I felt with episode 3 a bit). This episode was so great as a whole. Loved the music a ton here and can actually see myself listening to this at home or while travelling outside (compared to the K-On songs where the Mio songs were fine, Yui vocals/songs were dreadful). It's catchy, got a good melody and the lyrics in their song were pretty damn solid as well, there was an identity to this band beyond just cute looking girls which is nice. I liked how Bocchi was thinking about growth and how far she came compared to the start, but still has a long way to go (as well as wanting to help her friends achieve their dreams too in the process). The performance was well animated and brought to life in a great manner, even seeing beads of sweat be dropped during this intense performance on top of the cinematography as a whole. Even the manager was great as a whole despite having a seemingly tough personality at first. It's good that she is playing that role though, don't want to just gift them crowds and create a bad rep, she wants the best for her sister and her band and wants them to grow so that they can be successful together by going through these obstacles.

And the dam scenes were hilarious and reminded me of School Days in that way, that aspect of the humor I do enjoy a ton in this series. The show isn't just fucking around and feels like it's wasting my time like a K-On, growth and entertainment constantly take place with progression in mind as a band and as individual characters too. Plus, the music's been really fun to listen to as well. I think I'm finally on board with this series, and if it can continue on this run, could be the kind of show that could steal AOTY for me in the end. Something that I never thought I would give to a CGDCT show given how much I hate a majority of shows in this subgenre.
Nov 5, 2022 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
Hilarious AF today. Also a great development episode as well.
The only negative thing I will say is We waited 5 episodes for them to play, the song was great but I felt like the art and animation were clunky. It just didn't seem at times like they were playing their instruments and it felt like there was some CGI thrown into the mix. But that barely affected my view on the episode as a whole.

Manager is Goated.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 5, 2022 10:44 AM
Aug 2021
perfect. abaolute bonkers. good cg works. the dam video as interception killed me. bocchi cant breathe face is funny. bochi counting quotas is also funny. so many memorable moments. the performance is also nice, song is also great. so much potential for the best anime this year or season.
Nov 5, 2022 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
Sacrificed my sleep schedule just to wait new BTR ep, is it worth it? Absolutely.

And now here comes the worst part: waiting for next week ep.
b0177Nov 5, 2022 10:55 AM

English is my second language
Nov 5, 2022 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
I just love to see bocchi reaction i can feel her the vibe from this series is nice.
The song was also good and bocci guitar play was amazing.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 5, 2022 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
The name of the song lol. Their performance was pretty good and glad they made it. Wonder when they'll know about Bocchi's skills and channel.
Nov 5, 2022 10:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't like their song at all but great that they passed the auditions, now time to improve and sell tickets (RIP Bocchi's anxiety). I say this every week but seriously the direction is one of the best I've seen in an anime like that, the dam videos ahahahah
Nov 5, 2022 10:58 AM

Nov 2016
Truly a dire situation when you even gotta count on the dog and you're still not meeting the quota. That's even sadder than considering to sell your organs, lol.

Great episode again, song slapped.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2022 11:01 AM

Oct 2018
How does this show keep on getting better each week? That hair scene had me rolling and the band finally performing their first song was well worth the wait. I thought the social media scene from the last episode was a creative joke, in comes today's dam scene and that visually arresting ticket quota scene. I also love the growth of Bocchi on her views on growth and expanding what she wants out of a band. I was so happy when she let herself play more freely in that performance.

I really feel like this might steal the AOTY title this year.
Nov 5, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2020
How Cloverworks improved this much lol? Just the last year people were bashing them left and right and now see every single thing they worked on this year leaves no scope for complaints.

Also did Bocchi seriously counted her dog as a potential audience??
Nov 5, 2022 11:04 AM

Mar 2017
i actually got chills when bocchi stomped the floor. amazing episode cloverworks!

source: @bokarokaku
Nov 5, 2022 11:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kita's like a kitten always craving attention from the one that she views dearest. Macaroni pencil sure was quite the band name. But in the end starry is still a business so band selection naturally will be based on their skill level family run or not. Still at least they are given the chance to audition. The synchronized hairstyles though was a interesting idea. At the end of the day the growth of a band depends on the growth of the individual members of it. The band's performance and the original song was pretty damm good. Nice to see Hitori find that spark within her. But its great to see them pass the audition. Overall a fun ep that provided some nice expansion for Hitori and Nijika while providing some nice expansion for Nijika's sis as well. While their performance here was good they need to be better for the actual day thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2022 11:13 AM

Mar 2020
The thing that stands out for me here, is while this might be a CGDCT show, it sure as heck isn't your "messing around for an entire episode" type of slice of life. The band has goals, and they're working really hard to achieve them. Each character has dreams and aspirations, and they reflect on why they wanted to play in a band in the first place.

As for the music, it was great! The cinematography, topped off with the realistic beads of sweat the girls had after the performance was a sight to behold. It even reminded me of the performance of "God Knows" from Haruhi, which was a masterpiece. The buildup to the performance, with the manager showing her tough love also pushed the characters to give more of a passionate performance, and it paid off immensely.

The dam scene, that legit had me in tears. The visual comedy is out of this world, and I have nothing but praise for it.

If this show can continue on this masterful run it's been on for these five episodes, this could crack my top 10 pretty easily. Keep on being awesome, Kessoku Band!
Nov 5, 2022 11:16 AM

Jun 2021
CUTE SHOW IS ALL I CAN SAY FOR THIS SHOW.
Nov 5, 2022 11:30 AM

Jan 2011
Seeing them perform gave me flashbacks of open mic night at the ice cream parlor. So nerve-wracking. Bocchi throwing up doesn't surprise me.
Nov 5, 2022 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
One of the dams even has a rainbow over it! Now that's what you call attention to details!
Nov 5, 2022 11:32 AM

Nov 2021
Best episode so far, now I'm really enjoying this show
Nov 5, 2022 11:32 AM
Dec 2020
Though I have been hyping for this show before it airs, it is much better than I expected. The creativity on visual elements never ends, those dams really catch me laughing and the scene in vending machine scene just looks so good. The insert song is also great. I believe it's a present for the band by bocchi, wanting to show her real self in the band and make people know her band.
Nov 5, 2022 11:42 AM
Mar 2015
Bochhi rocked the Casbah
Nov 5, 2022 11:43 AM
Aug 2021
The irony is Bocchi could sell the place out if she just asked her 30,000 subscribers. Don't get how she hasn't told the others yet. It'll be funny when they all find out.
StarZone1Nov 5, 2022 11:47 AM
Nov 5, 2022 11:50 AM

Feb 2016
The visual performance was a masterpiece, I can't believe it even wasn't CG, well directed and it looked a lot like a real life video from a band.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 5, 2022 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
This show continues to surpass my expectations and have me at a loss for words. Not just from its already stellar and transcendent aesthetic display, but also its very solid and consistent narrative in terms of consistent comedy, character realization, and story progression...something I feel like most other similar shows really lack in that regard. This episode is perhaps the best so far in terms of encompassing and balancing everything about this series so far. The music is great here with a nice balance of melody and complementary lyrics; it feels like genuinely something I would listen to on a whim whenever I feel like just chilling out at home or going out and about. There's an identity to our main group beyond just the cute girls' gimmick, they stand out much more as individuals here, which is made more apparent with the highlight on Nijika this time around (HOLY HELL THAT EXPRESSIVE AND FLUID ANIMATION IN THAT ONE SCENE WITH HER, just encompasses her entire character without needing extra words or whatnot). I also really liked how Bocchi really contemplated about the meaning of "growth" and how it can have different meanings, as well as how far she's come even though it's only been a relatively short time since they became a group, and she expresses wanting to help her new friends achieve their own dreams while she's at it. There's still a long way to go, of course. Even the manager Seika turns out much more than just a cardboard cutout despite her initially touch demeanor. Good on her for giving that beloved group that needed push.

That audition performance was extremely well animated and feels so full of life, as if I'm right there myself watching them perform, all thanks to the notable recurring talents from CloverWorks; in this case it was Yusuke Kawakami, a very exceptional key animator. The cinematography of this series continues to amaze me, especially during that performance. I am still really enjoying the comedy in this series thanks to the visual creativity and it doesn't feel too redundant or exhausting like with many other comedy-centered series I've watched in the past. Barring any god forbidden dropouts, this is not just easily AOTY for me hands down, it's also easily a top favorite of mine (could get into my top 10 all time if it maintains this sort of quality and continues to surpass its source material).

Also, yes, it's way better than K-On! at this point, as much as I do still really adore that series personally.
Nov 5, 2022 11:59 AM

Sep 2009
Softhenic03 said:
How Cloverworks improved this much lol? Just the last year people were bashing them left and right and now see every single thing they worked on this year leaves no scope for complaints.

Also did Bocchi seriously counted her dog as a potential audience??

Their animation was great most of the time. People were bashing them for a few series with bothched endings (like Neverland S2, WEP and, to lesser extent first season of Shadow House)

I liked the song. It was pretty good by typical anime J-Rock standards. And Ikumi Hasegawa has they better vocals then Aki Toyosaki (sorry K-On fans).
Nachtwandler_21Nov 5, 2022 1:18 PM
Nov 5, 2022 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
If I see a band where the member have that mop top haircut, I go straight to the exit.

I hope the band discovering that Bocchi is guitarhero will be soon, this thing of beating around the bush is kinda a pain.
Nov 5, 2022 12:27 PM

Jan 2022
Wow, it's still as funny and idk what Cloverworks are smoking but the visuals are great, wholesome and funny all at once, they are really pushing it. And all the girls are cool and cute, what else could you ever ask from this anime, it's so good, period.
I like everything, ok
Nov 5, 2022 12:29 PM
Sep 2018
I love how they used Japan’s water dams to cover poor Bocchis vomit situation xD

Btw I would love to have seen the girls with suits and short hair 😍😍😍
Nov 5, 2022 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
well performed episode

● Bocchi got her first paycheck!, but they apparently need the money for the band so bocchi goes and hides in a garbage can? lmao, i think bocchi's brain completely shut off when they mentioned working at a beach house haha, bocchi being praised by ryou and kita wants it too.

● Nijika's sister is not putting them on, that was sad to see, so Nijika gets mad and storms off the building and says to her sister that she can't even sleep with stuffed animals to cuddle haha, Ryou even having pictures of it made it genius.

● Goddamn Bocchi catch your breath first and then talk, you are literally blue!, im glad that they can do audition to perform there, Bocchi pretending to be a dog? lmao.

● Knowing what growth is is indeed difficult to master, you can only grow out of yourself and do it by yourself, I'm really glad that they practiced super hard to perform at the audition, 3 of them dressing up in suits had me laughing, "Visually showing our growth as a band", yup i can see that. 👀

● Damn their song imo was super good, Bocchi even stamping on the ground and not giving up, LETS GO!, I knew that she could do it even if it was too much for her at once and she you know after the song, but she's getting there step by step and that's what matters, Seika saying to them that they passed after giving those critiques, but Seika actually loved Bocchi's play style and she secretly loves them but she needs to be hard on them because she wants them to succeed as a band.
Nov 5, 2022 1:03 PM
Oct 2022
live is excellent
Nov 5, 2022 1:39 PM

Sep 2020
Amazing episode! Really cool performance, there are also many funny moments, like the throwing up but switched to dam scene, just so hilarious.
Nov 5, 2022 1:46 PM
Jan 2021
the music was good but other than that it was meh
Nov 5, 2022 1:54 PM
May 2022
That audition cgi was absolutely amazing
Nov 5, 2022 2:44 PM

Jun 2017
StarZone1 said:
The irony is Bocchi could sell the place out if she just asked her 30,000 subscribers. Don't get how she hasn't told the others yet. It'll be funny when they all find out.

I expect some drama when that happens because everyone will feel like noobs compared to her probably. The manager knows for sure already.
Nov 5, 2022 3:00 PM
Jul 2022
yuyiii said:
That audition cgi was absolutely amazing

I wonder if that's the real 3d layout they use for reference and they took from it directly

The top-view scene stood out for me the most, such a creative view and have nice composition. and Ryou...what r u doing?

TearaTerraneanNov 5, 2022 3:10 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

514 by kierancel »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2022

258 by Alrinth »»
May 27, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

750 by vit »»
May 26, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

269 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 24, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

237 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 23, 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.