Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 25, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, Bell's popularity has grown even more now.

Looks like it's back to regular life after all that dungeon drama. Oh and Freya is back too! Her reactions were priceless imo as she looks turned on. Not a fan of Lili in this show and tbh, she kinda looks like a stalker this episode.

Aug 25, 2022 7:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
First time they introduce some anime original content, but it wasn't too jarring so I can live with it. And as expected they introduced they did the Denatus in this episode, but ugh they missed a big chance to explain Welf's name and why he got it. It's like no ship will ever get recognition in the anime if it's not Bell related.

Boy did they also do a big upgrade to the safe zone on level 18. I can hardly recognize it from the books or previous seasons.

And now the goodness really gets started!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 25, 2022 7:43 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Solid ep.

Liked how this was just mainly Lili wanting to have some one on one time with Bell to just talk but didn't go exactly how she planned. For a fair amount of the ep being anime original stuff, its pretty nice overall I'd say.

Now we can get into the real meat of things in earnest next week.
Aug 25, 2022 7:54 AM
Nov 2019
accidentally gave it a 1 star rating. would've probably given it a 4 or 5 stars ..

slower episode that felt a bit like a filler but still enjoyable to watch
Aug 25, 2022 7:57 AM
Jul 2022
Great MC Too Op & Best Character Development
Aug 25, 2022 8:03 AM

Apr 2010
Well Bell being dragged all over the place again.
And it seems he gained a lot of respect amongst other adventurers, a little bit to much in some cases.
And it seems that some of his friends are getting into trouble as well i guess he has to do his thing again helping others.
Aug 25, 2022 8:09 AM
May 2021
kabooomi said:
accidentally gave it a 1 star rating. would've probably given it a 4 or 5 stars ..

slower episode that felt a bit like a filler but still enjoyable to watch

I know how it feels 😆
It happened to me sometimes.
Aug 25, 2022 8:13 AM
May 2021
Anime Original and it was done pretty well after all.
I can bet that this episode script was written by Omori himself.
And stalker Lily is very hilarious

And everyone. . . Welcome to the 'real' Danmachi IV.

kset280Aug 25, 2022 8:32 AM
Aug 25, 2022 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
Our Little Rookie has grown up, he's become Rabbit's foot now. I thought Freyja's husband is a better nickname but anyway. What's up with Ryu though.
Aug 25, 2022 8:42 AM

Feb 2019
Such a nice break from all the tension of the first 5 episodes. Almost felt like an Ova with the simplistic but cute plot.

I was really starting to feel bad for Lili, thought she’d never get to talk to bell, lol. May not have been what she originally wanted to say, but it was just as important! It really is crazy to reflect on how far Bell has come and it feels like we’ve been right there with him.

Next week starts a really fun arc, can’t wait to see Ryu get some more development.
Aug 25, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2011
To be honest in the end, meanings aside, the best name would be Freya's.

Is good to sing praises to help Haruhime get to Bell, but Mikoto shouldn't talk about the Level Boost in a busy street.

What a fine healing, no scar on Aisha.

If Ryu is killing, probably is just shady people, so whatever.
Aug 25, 2022 9:20 AM
Jun 2016
Calm episode, the calm needed before the storm. Now things are finally getting juicy!
Aug 25, 2022 9:39 AM

Jul 2017
DanMachi's original author Fujino Omori having a hand on this episode's scriptwriting as an anime-original episode, and I have to say that this is just as enjoyable, but like a filler episode of sorts that's still canon to the LN.

The meeting of gods (also known as Denatus) to reckon a new name for Bell Cranel, and they sure have tons of different names for the Little Rookie. That is all except Hestia which has to suffer the brunt of the calling attacks, though Rabbit's Foot is a more apt name that rhymes better.

Though the previous episodes didn't give Lili enough spotlight, she has her own motivational arc in this filler with Bell that's the postmortem after the treacherous expedition to the Great Falls. Bell himself also received some attention, though his use case as a coupon from Daphne and Cassandra's viewpoint, to having a date with Haruhime and Mikoto, and then Welf, Aisha and the other adventurers in their drunken states, with Lili stalking behind the scenes, sure is hilarious.

But Bell is always the serious kind, being overly aware of his own comrades' wellbeing, though he is the same familiar magnet that's being dragged by everyone around, and Lili just came oh SO close to revealing it for him. Always being one step too late, Lili may feel dejected, but Bell will always be the same ol' Bell, so there's nothing to worry about.

A new arc starts next week, and the Gale Wind Ryu's mysterious gaze has the whole town in shock as a murderer. But how could this be?
Aug 25, 2022 10:06 AM
Jan 2021
Did Bell just forgot about Ryu's past to say "she wouldn't do that"?
Aug 25, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2020
It was just few minutes but still it's kinda amazing how Hestia can tick me off even with that tiny amount of her presence. Anyways the fuck is "rabbit foot"? LMAO. Even Little rookie sounds better than this.
Aug 25, 2022 10:16 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Bell went from Little Rookie to Rabbit's Foot a fitting name since he looks like a rabbit. Seeing the Gods argue over Bell's second name was pretty funny especially when Freya and Hestia were going at it. Lilli was trying to spend some time with Bell, but it turns out that everyone wanted a piece of Bell as he's more popular than before with everybody tying to talk to him. This episode seems to recap the events that happened in the previous one, but also serves as a prologue for Ryu's arc as she's being accused of murder.
Aug 25, 2022 10:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After that hell of a expedition its about time they get the time to rest. Hmm so they moved the Denatus to this point of the season huh. Well now's a good time after the action during the expedition I guess. The gods really have too much time on their hands huh. In the end im glad that his alias was a normal one. Bell being used as a means to get discounts is a novel use. Bell though really is in high demand though but still this was a good opportunity for Bell to reflect on how much he still needs to learn in protecting his friends. Sure his abilities and skill as a adventurer has improved but with great power also comes great responsibility as well. Using that to better protect his friends is going to be the challenge going forward. At least Lili was able to have that talk with Bell despite the interruptions. Ryu's re entry into the narrative sure was dramatic. Overall a calm ep that gave time for Bell and co to relax and recuperate after their hellish battle with the moss while also showcasing the effects that Bell and team are having within the ranks of the adventurers through their actions. Looking forward to seeing Ryu's arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2022 10:29 AM
Sep 2016
Vanadis Odr was the superior alias, sadly Hestia wont allow it.
Aug 25, 2022 10:49 AM

Apr 2018
imagine having people call you a mf rabbit, poor bell. It doesn't even sound fucking cool or something just weird as hell. Little rookie was much better.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 25, 2022 10:50 AM

May 2021
i still wait Till all episodes are Out But i still have Hope that The Main Character isnt cringe Like in The First Season.
Aug 25, 2022 11:32 AM

Sep 2014
Clearly Freya's suggestion was the best smh. Welf title is actually pretty cool.
Good to see everyone recovering after that intense first expedtion on the lower floors.
Poor Aisha will never get her hands on that Rabbit's Wood.
Stalker Lili was pretty funny, thought she'd never get her time with Bell.
Pretty sure Ryu told Bell she murdered an entire Familia before so was funny when he said she wouldn't do something like that heh.
Aug 25, 2022 11:46 AM

Nov 2009
Reasonably worthless episode.
Barely anything happened and there was a serious lack of BGM as well.
Aug 25, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
meh a suck off the mc episode...
Aug 25, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2020
I was worried we were about to already leave the dungeon, but it looks like they just in the safe zone. We need all the action and looting we can get.

This seems weird that the gods just congregate and name people. Apparently rather frequently too. They really must be quite bored. If nothing else, at least "Omnisexual" was pretty funny.

Not that I particularly had any strong feelings for "Little Rookie," but I can't say I care much either way about "Rabbit's Foot" either.

I'm already starting to miss the dungeon crawling though. Hopefully this murder plot will be interesting.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 25, 2022 2:12 PM

Feb 2021
That scene with Hestia and the other gods was really funny.

Overall a more chill episode which I actually quite enjoyed.

That scene with Ryu tho, caught me by surprise.
Aug 25, 2022 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
Give me back my hype for the new arc, they pretty much spent the full episode doing anime original content.
Though TBF at least some parts were used to introduce informations and world building elements to anime viewers that the very first series completely skipped in favour of fan service. And I'm at least glad that the original content wasn't, this time, about ecchi fan service but rather some "quality time" with the various characters instead. I guess that's the difference between anime only when the author is part of the anime staff and when he isn't. When he is you can clearly see that the effort is made to make the episode of original content have a decent meaning and purpose overall. Still, considering that this pushed back the next arc's content of almost one episode, and considering the type of arc that's coming, it's hard to be happy about anime original content being put there when watching it week by week as it's airing.

Aug 25, 2022 4:15 PM
Jun 2022
this episode is okay but as long as i remember this anime likes to put this kind of recap episode around half of the season.

and so far, until this sixth episode i think the fourth season is the worst bcs the up until now the story is not that thrilling and heart-warming like the previous season and yes it still enjoyable, i think i just expecting too much on this new season and yet, they still had the best character development than others anime i've been watched
Aug 25, 2022 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
so its a filler episode eh but a good one

and that ending Ryu murdered someone eh
Aug 25, 2022 7:35 PM

Jun 2021
The Denatus is kind of interesting. I like this gathering of the gods. So Welf’s “Ignis” and Bell is now… Vanadis Odr haha. Oh Freya! Loizarus, Chestnut Cream, Wedding Bells, Mimirin… these names are terrible lol. I like “Okay With All (Omnisexual)” the best lmao. But “Rabbit’s Foot” eh? I suppose that’s ok.

I’m glad Lili is getting the recognition she deserves. She was a great asset during that whole Moss Huge debacle. I like Lili following Bell around. Silly little goof! Poor Bell getting used as a coupon by Daphne haha. Mikoto is the best wingwoman! Haruhime is lucky to have her as a friend lol. Plus her little tail wag was so cute! Poor Lili won’t ever have a chance for alone time with Bell at this rate lol. He’s quite popular now! These meddlers though, at this rate Lili won’t have anything to Bell about. Bell about to get lucky with Aisha was pretty funny! In the end, that was a really sweet moment those two shared though. Lili is adorable, man.

I wonder what’s happened with Ryu to make her go all psycho killer. Guess we gotta wait until next week to find out.
Aug 25, 2022 9:54 PM
Sep 2021
Foi um bom episódio, dando gancho para o próximo arco.
Aug 25, 2022 10:26 PM
Oct 2021
Sentí que fue un capítulo de relleno. No diría siquiera que fue de transición por el final porque no es que haya sido de gran aporte.
Aug 26, 2022 3:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kind of a transitional episode but it's nice that Bell got that Rabbit Foot name now and also how Lili REALLY wanted to talk with him but only managed at the end, that was sweet though, now it's time for more serious events it looks like... Ryuu is the next opponent? :o
Aug 26, 2022 4:47 AM
Mar 2021
Lily, really doesn't deserve most of the praise she gets
Aug 26, 2022 5:12 AM
May 2020
Guess this episode was for winding down just to get serious again.
Aug 26, 2022 5:18 AM
Oct 2019
Funny Slice of life episode with Liliruca stalking.

Rabbit Foot? yeahh because he is fast? lol

But Ryu? what a plot twist.

Aug 26, 2022 5:22 AM
Dec 2021
mikoto and haruhime sweet duo <3
Aug 26, 2022 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
davidyodo24 said:
Rabbit Foot? yeahh because he is fast? lol

That could be one part of it but a Rabbit's Foot is also a good luck charm, so in a way it means he is lucky or brings others around him luck which suits him I guess.
Aug 26, 2022 5:35 AM
Apr 2017
I love it 10/10 excellent.
Aug 26, 2022 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
An anime-only type of episode does sometimes bring out the worst of some users here, but the reception is more positive than I thought it would be, as I thought this chill episode was pretty good.

All of the other gods banded together to give out new names for the adventurers after their success against Moss Huge and while Welf got a cool nickname, everyone couldn't decide what Bell's second nickname would be. The suggestions were pretty funny and the angry faces that Hestia gave (especially to Loki) made it even funnier. Overall, Rabbit's Foot does fit him pretty well, which I think reflects his kind personality more than his adventuring skills.

As for Lili, it was amusing to see her getting her chance to talk to Bell alone denied over and over again before she used a smoke bomb in a pub to help him escape from a drunk Aisha and the other drunk crew. Their chat was well worth the wait, though. =)

The ending has me hyped for the next episode, as Ryu seems to be in the area, but it looks like she was murdering some poor guy. I guess we'll be seeing more of her past and why she was doing something like this.
Aug 26, 2022 8:03 AM
Sep 2016
Only the second half in Rivira was filler, the Denatus part was canon. As for this episode being half filler is something i find ok, as the rest of the season will be pure action and this is a nice rest before all that. Also, Volume 13 is pretty short so 5 episodes for it to finish the cour is fine. This is actually the best danmachi adaptation we have had, and the best we will probably have.
Aug 26, 2022 9:00 AM
Mar 2022
amusing and had an interesting plot twist
Aug 26, 2022 9:36 AM
Aug 2019
transitional episode so not much happend
Aug 26, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
i love how everyone agrees that Vanadis Odr really was a good name, meaning's aside..

The Rabbit foot.. just sounds awful.. (probably not for Nippon jins..)

Finally some screentime for Syr! les fking goo!
Freya really has a habit of choosing good names.. unlike Chestia..
Aug 26, 2022 10:03 AM
Aug 2009
Transition episode with little meaningful content to offer. Only about 3-4 minutes of teaser for new arc, which could have just been added at the end of previous episode
Aug 26, 2022 10:32 AM
Feb 2017
I found the episode ok, one more episode of rest before proceeding with the plot
Aug 26, 2022 11:26 AM
Jun 2019
This is exactly what I was looking forward to!
Aug 26, 2022 12:57 PM
Mar 2015
chill and had some funny moments. exactly what you need after a big fight
Aug 26, 2022 1:31 PM
Aug 2016
Episode about nothing. Just a filler.
Aug 26, 2022 5:13 PM
Faceman

Oct 2014
It was a nice little relaxing, slice of life episode. Nothing crazy going on, keeping the standard of the episode quality this season, its a fine little average show.

Aug 26, 2022 6:59 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
After all the tension and dramatic battling, this was a nice break. Everyone got caught up on what happened to each other, and Bell got a new nickname. Really glad Lilli got some one on one time with Bell. She deserves it.

So far this season has been terrific.

Looks like the second half of the story is about to begin. Is Ryu really a murderer or is someone controlling her? Excited to find out!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

228 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 26, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

235 by hypergoob »»
May 8, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.