Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 4, 2021 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, it's kinda hard to take this show seriously with the amount of humor in this. Gotta give the show credit for all the humor though.

I bet the VA enjoyed their work on this, especially for Draluc's character. It's also weird that so much screen time took place at a store, almost like they're trying to make this anime as normal as possible.

Jul 2017
Well, what a funny premiere this is, a Van Helsing parody of a comedy between the vampire Draluc and vampire hunter Ronaldo the Great.

The OP gives me Death Parade vibes (because it's Madhouse), and the ED is OK.

In the vampire "cosplay" castle of Draluc, everyone is free to do what they wish, even the kid who's just there and playing the games stored in the castle on his PSP, making a deal out of the entire mansion. Putting both Ronaldo and Draluc into hilarity for chasing the kid around the castle, and the kid is much smarter than these 2 adults amidst the many "traps". It's all hilarity karma for Draluc, and the "blast away" destruction of his own home along with the ash disintegration of the morning sun.

Everything is back in business, but Draluc finding Ronaldo's company as his next rest place. Since he has no place to go after getting kicked out by the kid's family, the hilarity lives on. I love John the Armadillo as a pet lols. Handling idiotic pseudo-vampires like Bubuo kidnapping the shopkeeper Ellie for these two is a piece of cake, but it goes both ways with how much insert jokes as it could muster. What kind of vampire drinks milk and not blood? Ellie having to friendzone Bubuo with that confession and small talk, WHAT WAS THAT FOR LOLS???

This ride be fun with Ronaldo (Makoto Furukawa) and Draluc (Jun Fukushima) working as partners. A really nice start to fight against the Monday Blues!
KANLen09Oct 4, 2021 8:25 AM

Jun 2019
Gonna be very honest. I don't know anything about this show other than the fact that this is Madhouse's recent project. So, that already put this on a high pedestal. Quite a lot of vampire stories being popping up this year... hmm. Well, let's see how this goes.

As for the first episode, looks-wise, this is Madhouse, so I don't have to say anything. The premise looks promising and mostly, I think it is a comedy involving vampires in it, so it works. The characters in this show are really something else. LOL. As for Ronaldo, he's cool. I like him as well alongside Draluc, he's the one I'm most interested in, for now at least. Looking forward to this one.
Oct 4, 2021 8:08 AM

Apr 2018
A comedy vampire anime? I'm in.
Dracula's VA Jun Fukuyama or better known as Lelouch is one of the main cast and the VA of Ronald Makoto Furukawa or better known as Saitama is also there. The voice actors are pretty stacked so looking forward for more.

The OP is pretty lit; Madhouse never misses but the ED is normal ig, nothing special.
Seems like 2021 will be full of vampire animes but I'm not complaining.

Pretty fun start with the kid who's actually smarter than both of them. The two main duo's are just hilarious.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 4, 2021 8:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A vampire hunter with a "invincible" vampire that is actually just acting ridiculous... hmm, really disliked this 1st episode to be honest, probably not my kind of comedy... :/
Oct 4, 2021 8:34 AM

Jul 2017
Not the worst premiere episode for a comedy anime I've seen, but I do feel like the humor in this episode though felt very heavy-handed and maybe a bit too forced and non-stop. Made the episode feel annoying at times. Hope as more of the cast is introduced, the series adjusts itself a bit more with time. Also have to say, Ronaldo looks like a rejected Alucard cosplayer.
Oct 4, 2021 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
This anime is a pure comedy and better than what I expected. John the armadillo was very cute, I really hope it will get more screentime.
I've been wondering about how many times Draluc will die and turn into the sand until the end of the series. lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 4, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2015
This seems interesting so far. If they wanted to lure the kid, they could've threatened to delete his save data. That would've had me running in no time.

Eri looked like she had it with the Manager's son. The way she just nonchalantly grabbed an onigiri off the shelf and started eating it XD. Ronaldo kinda foreshadowed Eri being with an old guy.

Oct 4, 2021 8:45 AM

Feb 2020
Umm, I don't know.. Maybe not my type of comedy.
Oct 4, 2021 8:59 AM

Oct 2017
Lots of vampire adaptations for Halloween? Hehe.

This is a proper comedy show where the tag actually means a lot compared to most anime that have the tag just because of the odd joke.
I really love Madhouse so this, unless it really messes up, will be loved by me. The comedy is also great.
I just hope the running gag won't be overused, which I don't think it really is, but that's literally the title of the show lol.
Oct 4, 2021 9:01 AM

Jan 2020
I love the whole concept. Cannot wait for more.
Oct 4, 2021 9:08 AM

Jun 2021
Not feeling it on the first episode

Ronaldo shouts something, Draluc turns into sand, rinse and repeat. Too one dimensional IMO. Maybe once they add more characters, it'll get funnier.

Oct 4, 2021 9:10 AM

Jul 2021
Looking forward to the next episode. First episode was pretty hilarious although the comedy may be overboard for some people, I think it's a mediocre show that I can bring to cheer me up and cure my depression to say the least for now xD and the OP is pretty BANGER, seeing Ronald and Draluc dancing together is immaculate!
CQLLISTOct 4, 2021 9:18 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 4, 2021 9:12 AM

May 2021
This Show is going to be really good, I had a lot of fun watching this Episode.

on the other hand, I can't help but The Voice and the Getup of Draluc Reminded
me of...

TheDeadmanIIOct 4, 2021 10:30 AM

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Oct 4, 2021 9:13 AM

Dec 2009
Not sure about this. If it doesn't get better any time soon, it'll be a drop.

Comedy? Well, I didn't laugh or even smiled at all, just wanted it to be over...
Oct 4, 2021 9:14 AM

Sep 2015
Excited for the next episode! I can already see this show doing well. Also love Draluc and John is adorable

Oct 4, 2021 9:17 AM

Oct 2019
Lmao I love how the ending is just John travelling around the world.

It was alright, I definitely see potential.
Oct 4, 2021 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
The humor in that is so god damn cringe. I understand that it's a slapstick for good reasons, but the gags aren't even one bit funny and it looks like it'll get more repetitive as the season progresses along.
Oct 4, 2021 9:40 AM
Sep 2015
Love the homosexual tension in this anime, and since it's already talking about Shotacon and analog joystick plot, I expect no problem to ship them in a romantic manner.

The manager's son is hot though, and I can accept his personality, so... let me drink his white blood.
Oct 4, 2021 9:42 AM

May 2021
For the first episode I think it's super funny. I had a few laughs and the characters seem to be really fun. It's going to be a really fun comedy anime.
I want to follow this adventure of this comedy duo Ronald and Draluc 😂

P.S: I think John is SO CUTE, he will be a great group mascot ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ❤

Oct 4, 2021 9:45 AM

Sep 2020
Dropped it already didn't able to finish the first episode.
Oct 4, 2021 9:54 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
snowman_builder said:
Not sure about this. If it doesn't get better any time soon, it'll be a drop.

Comedy? Well, I didn't laugh or even smiled at all, just wanted it to be over...
Yes, it's painful to watch.

I was looking forward to an enjoyable comedy this season. I'll keep looking.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Oct 4, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2021
Decent episode for buildup, I guess.
Draluc shows some potential to be funny, But how they'll manage his misery is beyond me.
Voice acting's gonna push the comedy aspect of this show very hard, great acting by fukuyama jun, which is no surprise.
The only disappointment was about the animation, it's under avg madhouse level, more like silver link level.

Mar 2018
man there is way more negativity in this episode discussion then i thought it would have

i thought it was hilarious. it was quick and quippy. maybe a bit too relient on gags, but even if there was a miss the pace is so fast that miss would be followed up by a hit soon

idk what everyone in this thread is talking about
Apr 2020
Animation wise, nothing that hasnt already been said, I mean.. its Madhouse.

Dont think its everyones type of comedy, its leans towards gags, but I dont mint. Personally, I like the niche and weird comedies. Hope it doesnt get worse though, I have high hopes for this. Also, I hope that the story also improves when more of the cast gets introduced (idm either way tho).
Oct 4, 2021 10:14 AM

Nov 2016
Loving the opening visuals, so amusingly goofy. That was already a good very first impression.

Episode itself had it's fair share of enjoyable moments as well. Gives me lowkey Iruma-kun vibes. Gonna stick with it for another few episodes for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2018
You don't need women to achieve happiness, my friend.
Oct 4, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2011
In a weird way Draluc is more a phoenix than a vampire itself.

The world is strange itself, they have vampire hunters, but people are fine with vampires anyways.
Oct 4, 2021 10:22 AM
Pancake

Feb 2014
I loved the first ep and can't wait for more, the trailer probably threw some people off what this kinda show is...
Oct 4, 2021 10:24 AM

Jul 2021
Loved this first episode for sure, I think its safe to say this is one of my favourites of the season judging from this episode. Loved the comedy, and the opening is so good. Can't wait for the next episode :D
Oct 4, 2021 10:39 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Hmm, not exactly my type of comdey but lets see what the further episodes will bring.
Btw john best character.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 4, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
I'm watching it because is Madhouse, but this type of comedy is not for me. I didn't laugh or even smile once, oh well...
TrustACOct 4, 2021 10:52 AM

Oct 4, 2021 10:57 AM
Oct 2016
The resident comedy of this fall has begun. I've been waiting on this one since it was announced. Sounds like such a wacky fun concept that I couldn't help but be intrigued. After seeing sleepy princess in the demon castle at this same time last year I feel that same vibe from this show. It even has a similar design and comedy style. Ronaldo and Draluc have a funny banter that has lots of different angles. Many jokes about how Draluc is so weak when rumors of him being invincible. Draluc probably turned into sand a couple dozen times in this episode alone. Each time made me laugh, it just kept happening from even the smallest things. Ronaldo kept having to chase that kid who stowed away to play Draluc game consoles. The room of traps made me laugh, all the spike shoots and electricity shooting robots. Of course Draluc would try and joint Ronaldo after his mansion exploded. These two trying to work together to stop that managers son from becoming a vampire. They do actually make a good team and I'm excited to see all the misadventures.
Oct 4, 2021 11:18 AM
Jul 2019
“I’m gonna marry a rich guy 20 years older than me (because I’m a gold digging waste of space)” - Eri
Oct 4, 2021 11:24 AM

May 2021
Didn’t know much about this series but saw it was was made by Madhouse. Glad I checked it out! Love the humour in this show and I like Draluc’s and Ronaldo’s character dynamic and how it turned from a vampire killing mission into finding a lost child. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 4, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
Reminds me of a mix of Sleeping Princess in a demon castle, and Iruma, just more loud, and more focused on that loud and in your face comedy. Though dunno if some of the stick will get old real fast, or it'll be enjoyable throughout. We'll see.
Oct 4, 2021 11:47 AM

Apr 2018
I'm sold on the comedy when:

Oct 4, 2021 1:12 PM
Apr 2018
I was expecting this to be funnier but it was really just a ton of yelling. I DID laugh when john was introduced tho.... it's okay, the jokes just don't seem to land well with me. maybe once it gets dubbed?
Oct 4, 2021 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
This turned out to be greater than I expected. I hope it continues in the same way.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 4, 2021 2:03 PM
Jul 2016
I gave it a try. Made it a bit more than halfway through the episode and called it quits. I didn't laugh up to that point so I figured that I'd seen enough.
Oct 4, 2021 2:08 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, comedy was very hit and miss. It was one pace throughout the whole episode too, and it didn't stop. Too much shouting for my liking as well, hope for more mellow scenes tbh
Oct 4, 2021 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
the good comedy in this anime is the characters i already liked, but this assault was very interesting the purpose of that man doing that despite he didn't really have a purpose of being becomes a vampire i thought.
Oct 4, 2021 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
I was hoping this was going to be similar to Demon School, but I guess not. The gags were mostly a miss for me.

I'll give it one more episode.
Oct 4, 2021 2:53 PM
May 2021
My eyes and ears are exhausted :(
Oct 4, 2021 3:33 PM
Jul 2019
This might end up being my favorite of the season with how much I just love the premise and how good the voice actors are doing, also the comedy is hitting well for me. Definitely could see people not liking it, but man I’m excited to see what more antics the series has.
Oct 4, 2021 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
I wasn't finding this funny until convenience store Dad's pole dancing admission.

Ronaldo's yelling was too much. My ears hurt. I think I'll pass.

dragynfaerieOct 4, 2021 3:41 PM
Oct 4, 2021 3:36 PM

Aug 2019
this seems right up my alley, also loving the voice actors they chose; hope there’s more scenes with John though
Oct 4, 2021 4:03 PM
Jul 2021
This anime is entertaining, the truth is that I am very amused by that vampire hahahaha, I'll give him a chance
Oct 4, 2021 4:45 PM

Nov 2011
The jokes got real old real fast. I think it has potential to get better with the characters in the opening but jeeze...this was not funny at all.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 4, 2021 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't like so much the first half since it was just people screaming and I hate that but the second half was pretty good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2021

34 by souledge94 »»
Jun 10, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2021

48 by souledge94 »»
May 27, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2021

34 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2021

39 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2021

29 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.