Forum Settings
Forums

Out of these Ten titles which ones do you think can be consider as Modern Classic

New
Sep 23, 2021 1:53 AM

Mar 2020
Re:Zero
Chainsaw Man
Fate/Zero
Monogatari series
Violet Evergaden
Attack On Titan (This one will sure gonna win this thread but eh)
Romantic Comedy Youth
Kaguya Sama
Haikyuu
March Comes like a Lion

I pretty sure plenty of others exist but I am interested in this particular titles.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2021 1:58 AM

Jun 2020
I will choose Attack on Titan from that list.
Sep 23, 2021 2:00 AM

Jul 2021
March Comes like a Lion
- the most perfect and appropriate answer of this thread ...but welp!
Sep 23, 2021 2:00 AM

May 2018
Sep 23, 2021 2:01 AM

Feb 2021
i would choose monogatari series..
Sep 23, 2021 2:03 AM

Mar 2020
Haikyuu from these(A perfect example of you dont need to be complex in order to be great)
Violet evergarden is very beautiful anime as well so that a close 2nd

Though I havent watch march come like a lion till now and depnding no that my answer might change
Sep 23, 2021 2:03 AM

Aug 2019
regardless of what I think of Attack on Titan (specifically it’s finale) there’s no doubt it’s a classic for years to come
Sep 23, 2021 2:08 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
as much as i would have liked to say 3 gatsu, or the monogatari series, those are more like cult classics.

and as i define a straight up classic with popularity and influence as well and not just quality, i would say attack on titan.
betaweebSep 23, 2021 3:14 AM
Sep 23, 2021 2:12 AM

Jan 2021
Regardless of what you choose deep down we all know the answer.

It's Ex-Arm!
Sep 23, 2021 2:14 AM

Sep 2018
Leaving my taste aside:

- Fate/Zero and Chainsaw Man can be considered classics of battle anime, so not full-fledged classics in my opinion.

- Violet Evergarden and Monogatari are classics in terms of style more than writing, so once again not full-fledged classics.

- March comes in like a Lion is the only true classic in that in list, even though I like the manga much more than the anime.

- The others are nowhere near being a classic.
Sep 23, 2021 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Because a classic is defined by having quality of the highest degree and being universally critically acclaimed, I can only pick March comes in like a Lion and perhaps Rakugo, which you didn't even include.
Sep 23, 2021 2:18 AM

Feb 2019
I can only really say Attack on Titan because of the Status, Poularity and Quality is has.
This is not my personal favourite on the list because Fate/Zero is there, but just from the factors I've said it is probably the only one currently that could be classed as a Modern Classic if comparing it to other Classics.

Chainsaw Man could get there when the anime comes out. I hope cause it deserves it.
Everything else could be there, idk.
humantwigSep 23, 2021 2:22 AM

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Sep 23, 2021 3:23 AM
Mar 2021
I mean they're all part of the canon for sure, right? well, Chainsaw Man, we don't know how the anime will turn out. it could disappoint!

but this is a pretty good cross-section of what anime looks like outside the boring shonen box. well, some of these have shonen elements, but none are conventional. except Haikyuu, probably the most disposable one on the list.
Sep 23, 2021 3:26 AM

Jul 2019
Instead of going for the obvious, how about March Comes in Like a Lion. The series is undeniably one the best to come out in the 2010s.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 23, 2021 3:28 AM

Oct 2008
Attack On Titan, I mean if you knew, you shouldn't have added it.
Sep 23, 2021 3:32 AM

Apr 2019
Already classics (in order of how much):
Monogatari series
Attack On Titan
March Comes like a Lion

Will fall into oblivion / obscurity after a while because they lack "it".
Re:Zero
Fate/Zero
Violet Evergaden
Kaguya Sama
Haikyuu

My magic 8-ball denies to tell me about the future:
Chainsaw Man

Never even heard of this one. This proably "no".
Romantic Comedy Youth

Sep 23, 2021 3:42 AM

Feb 2020
They really all will be modern classics and some are already considered modern classics. Attack on Titan is obvious and most consider it already a modern classic.

My answer is both Fate/Zero and the Monogatari Series from the list.

Not in the list I would say Steins;Gate is a modern classic.

But honestly every anime that was list are all great and should be considered modern classics.
Sep 23, 2021 6:01 AM

May 2020
Attack on Titan will always be deemed as a classic,regardless of what everyone think about its finale, also I have faith in Kaguya-sama that it will be counted as one of those too in coming years
Sep 23, 2021 6:09 AM

Sep 2021
Chainsaw Man.

30 characters limit.
Sep 23, 2021 6:11 AM
Jul 2013
Probably Fate/Zero, I guess...
AOT has a really bad starting point after the first 2 episodes, and the content beyond the 3rd season is just bad. Its not even a matter of Mappa's adaptation, the content with Marley itself wasn't really deeply thought of and Isayama messed it up greatly.
Sep 23, 2021 6:11 AM

Oct 2010
I keep telling you guys, the mangaka wasted all of her talent with Hachimitsu to Clover.
From the list, probably SnK
Sep 23, 2021 6:15 AM
Feb 2020
I will choose AoT for Seinen and Romantic Comedy Youth for Romance
Sep 23, 2021 6:16 AM

Jan 2018
CSM hasnt come out people need to chill lol
Sep 23, 2021 6:17 AM

Oct 2018
Monogatari series and March comes like a Lion. The others are too popular so for me it will be not a modern classic.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 23, 2021 6:17 AM

Dec 2020
March comes like a lion
even though i havent watched it
Sep 23, 2021 6:20 AM
Apr 2021
Of course, AOT will be a classic, but I also believe Re:Zero will be one. I've heard from the Web Novel readers that the later arcs are peak Re:Zero. If the first 2 seasons showed us anything, it's that Re:Zero will only get better from there.
Sep 23, 2021 6:21 AM

Aug 2020
Just_Maruf said:
Regardless of what you choose deep down we all know the answer.

It's Ex-Arm!

Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Sep 23, 2021 6:22 AM

Sep 2020
I'd go with Violet Evergarden and Fate/Zero because, to me, both of them really felt like classics.

Attack on Titan is really good, but there are a few things about it that just tick me off sometimes. But I think, according to the general consensus, it really is a classic.

Haven't watched Monogatari, 3gatsu and CSM (lel) yet, so can't comment on them.
Sep 23, 2021 6:28 AM

Dec 2016
Ppl seem to don't understand what a "modern classic" is. I really doubt anime and non-anime watchers will remember any of these animes in the future except for SnK.

SnK is the most famous among everyone and without a doubt will be remembered for years to come. The others are rly good animes, even cult animes, but not rly famous (Monogatari cult, Haikyuu famous but only for anime watchers, same with Kaguya and re:zero, etc...)

The other one could be Chainsaw, but still too soon to consider it a Modern Classic. The future will tell us.

The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing.

If u hate monogatari, u are just dumb
Sep 23, 2021 6:33 AM
Apr 2021
Attack On Titan due to its popularity will be the next death note.
Monogatari has everything to be a classic or a cult anime, but the excess of fanservice and dialogue does not help it much in the face of the general public.
Sep 23, 2021 6:40 AM

Jan 2021
Monogatari, Re:Zero and Chainsaw Man for sure.

Monogatari : Pretty confusing for people

Re:Zero : MC is too annoying for most viewers.

ChainSaw man : Maybe this one.
Sep 23, 2021 6:42 AM

Apr 2020
Trash
Not Released yet
Trash
Not interested
Not Intrested
Comparatively the only one who can be considered As Modern Classic
Super trash
Not classic material
May be sport classic ??
Super boring
Sep 23, 2021 6:42 AM

Sep 2021
Only Aot is considered as classic since I don't think anyone outside of anime community will remember them.
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
Sep 23, 2021 6:56 AM

Feb 2020
Hmm... I will choose Attack on Titan from that list.
Sep 23, 2021 6:58 AM
Jun 2020
Aot has already on the pedestal for classic so from remaining options I’ll choose Violet Evergarden
Sep 23, 2021 7:05 AM
Jan 2017
While I havent seen half of those shows I will say I find Kaguya-sama to be the best outta of all of them being a classic rom-com anime that is super endearing and had me begging for more episodes even after it finished
Sep 23, 2021 7:07 AM
Jun 2017
Leaving aside how "modern classic" is pretty much an oxymoron, a classic requires to be outstanding for its time or of the highest quality, of which I'd say none of the titles mentioned count as for either their own era or anime's history in general. If absolutely having to choose one out of those though, probably Sangatsu no Lion.
Sep 23, 2021 7:11 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
I have not seem a few off of that list, but

I'd say AOT since it left such a big impact in the anime world
It's too soon to judge CSM since it hasn't came out
Sep 23, 2021 7:13 AM

Dec 2014
Fate/Zero for sure................
Sep 23, 2021 7:17 AM

Feb 2021
AOT has pretty much become a modern classic tbh. But I'll still choose that. Other than that Fate/Zero and Haikyuu have the potential. I won't judge CSM just by watching the trailer.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Sep 23, 2021 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
None, but let's see...

Re:Zero: Good show with great writing and great direction, probably one of the best out of this list.
Chainsaw Man: Not even out yet...
Fate/Zero: mediocre battle royale.
Monogatari series: huge pile of shiny looking bullshit.
Violet Evergaden: good anime. writing isn't ambitious, but at least the art/animation is.
Attack On Titan: just another overhyped shounen. Not bad tho.
Romantic Comedy Youth: Started great, went downhill halfway through.
Kaguya Sama: Why? It's just a rom/com.
Haikyuu: Haven't seen yet, but it looks like another shounen sport...
March Comes like a Lion : mediocre. there's much better drama anime out there. I'm not even sure on why it got the score it has.
Sep 23, 2021 8:31 AM

Nov 2016
I would choose Fate/Zero from this list. ^^
Sep 23, 2021 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
Re Zero and March Comes in like a lion 100%

you can't deny these two are masterpieces in story telling and in character depth
Sep 23, 2021 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
Define classic? I guess I will just go by what I think is good or what could hold up long term.

Re Zero is a pretty good for what the modern isekai genre offers which isn't saying that much. It has issues with pacing and developing characters outside of Subaru though even after S2. I wouldn't. It's probably going to go on for awhile but I don't know if it will stick around in the conscious of others after it ends. Who knows maybe it will get really good later.

Chainsaw Man is a fantastic and fun action shonen but it is what is a violent ultra gorey series and that is it. There are some interesting discussions in the story and good characters but I don't know if it will stand the test of time since people usually want something more substantive. Stuff like JoJo, Devilman etc has also so it's not out of the question it could as well. Will see what Part 2 is like.

Haven't seen Fate or Monogatari. I don't know about classic but I think they are important titles that have had notable fanbases around them that don't seem like abandoning the IPs.

Violet Evergaden it's okay. It has some good episodes but it's not one of Kyoto Animation's strongest titles.

Attack On Titan in terms of will people talk about it in like 5-10 years probably. I think the series was a horrible disappointment. That said some people feel very strongly disliking series like Death Note and how it ended so it might stay around at least as a conversation piece.

Romantic Comedy Youth haven't seen.

Kaguya Sama I think it's one of the best rom coms I have seen but IDK if it will last long after the series finishes. Will see.

Haikyuu it's a very good sports series that is incredibly popular but I think you only have to look at Kuroko and see how it's kinda faded compared to it's peak. Given enough years I think it won't be as remembered by new fans.

March Comes like a Lion cult classic and yeah a show I think is one of the best anime ever made. It's one of the highest rated shows on MAL and I don't think that will change. It's one of those niche anime people will remember long after I think maybe that is just bias.
Sep 23, 2021 1:04 PM
Dec 2019
Well, despite the bad ending AOT will definetly be considered forever a classic.

Now for the other options, I would say that Sangatsu no Lion and Monogatari. Not as classics in the same sense as Evangelion, FMAB or Death Note, because they lack the popularity, but I think they will be remembered as sort of cult classics.

For the others, they all are very good or seem very good but... nah, don't think so

Also, what the fuck is Romantic Comedy Youth? Is this supposed to be Oregairu (My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as Expected)? If it is, then also no, it won't
Sep 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Mar 2016
Oregairu or Monogatari series man.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Sep 23, 2021 1:12 PM

Jan 2020
I'd say Attack on Titan, Monogatari and Oregairu

I'd imagine something like March Comes in Like a Lion or Violet Evergarden would be more of a cult classic
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Sep 23, 2021 1:16 PM

Aug 2020
people in this thread are just choosing there fav anime

Attack On Titan is def a modern classic
Sep 23, 2021 1:20 PM

Feb 2010
Monogatari series. Is already a classic series and has been for year's. Which is why it had a such complete anime adaptation.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 23, 2021 1:37 PM

Oct 2020
AoT is the obvious answer for obvious reasons.

From the list March comes in like a lion is the one to be considered a classic, although it lacks a bit on the popularity side. Its one of the best anime ever made and judging by the replies on the thread many people agree that its the clear pick

Monogatari will also be considered a classic

tldr: Shaft is goated af
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Today

66 by Kirika_Madeleine »»
26 seconds ago

» Which upcoming anime are you most excited about and why?

KyanBun - Today

23 by ryzxgum »»
32 seconds ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

612 by 345EdwardElric »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - Today

31 by EpicO4 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » A anime that mention your country? ( 1 2 )

torsan88 - Sep 17

95 by aReviewer »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.