Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2021 7:23 PM

Jan 2021
Some shows, unless they don’t appeal to you at all, should be seen a second time. There are shows that leave an impression but are just pushed aside so you can get to the next one, which is fine, but I certainly believe in the potential to fall in love with a story is disregarded in many cases because we are in a rush to get to the next show, searching for what we have in front of us, but didn’t fully digest at the time. Thoughts?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2021 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
It's a hit or miss. You're either gonna love the show or absolutely hate it after re-watching. I wouldn't suggest everyone to do so. But if you feel like you were not in a great mood while watching the anime or you didn't understand it properly for some reason, re-watching can be helpful.
Jun 28, 2021 7:53 PM

Jan 2020
Personally, I don't really experience that rush. I'll take my time and get the best experience possible for something I'm enjoying

Jun 28, 2021 8:03 PM

Jun 2017
Why only twice? That is hardly enough to even begin to get to know the show, let alone fall in love with it.

Jun 28, 2021 8:03 PM
Dec 2020
PiyushSan said:
It's a hit or miss. You're either gonna love the show or absolutely hate it after re-watching. I wouldn't suggest everyone to do so. But if you feel like you were not in a great mood while watching the anime or you didn't understand it properly for some reason, re-watching can be helpful.

The animes I rewatched were because I liked the first time or because I didn't remember anything before the release of a new season, I believe there are those more psychological animes that some people really like to rewatch to understand better. I agree that it's a hit or miss, there are also situations you want to see again for some scenes, but it's not as good as before.

Jun 28, 2021 8:07 PM

Jan 2021
Tirinchas said:
Why only twice? That is hardly enough to even begin to get to know the show, let alone fall in love with it.

I completely agree with your statement
Jun 28, 2021 8:08 PM

May 2021
Re-watching seems tedious to me, I just feel like I'll get extremely bored watching a whole anime a second time.
Jun 28, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2021
ItsMuZe said:
Re-watching seems tedious to me, I just feel like I'll get extremely bored watching a whole anime a second time.

You’ve never seen an anime more than just one time?
Jun 28, 2021 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
LeviNordestino said:
PiyushSan said:

The animes I rewatched were because I liked the first time or because I didn't remember anything before the release of a new season, I believe there are those more psychological animes that some people really like to rewatch to understand better. I agree that it's a hit or miss, there are also situations you want to see again for some scenes, but it's not as good as before.

We're talking about anime you didn't particularly liked right? I'm currently re-watching OreGairu and absolutely loving it. Yes, some anime are better while re-watching, take the Monogatari Series for an example.
Jun 28, 2021 8:29 PM

May 2021
__Son_Gohan said:
ItsMuZe said:

You’ve never seen an anime more than just one time?

I probably did when I was younger.
Now, at best, I could only re-watch some certain episodes, hype moments, or fights.
Jun 28, 2021 8:43 PM

Nov 2018
I only rewatch an anime if I've read the source material for it, or if a couple of years have passed for original series.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jun 28, 2021 8:45 PM
Jul 2020
snk, there are a lot of interesting details after watching the full series and monogatari series also probaly
Jun 28, 2021 10:13 PM
Dec 2020
PiyushSan said:
LeviNordestino said:

We're talking about anime you didn't particularly liked right? I'm currently re-watching OreGairu and absolutely loving it. Yes, some anime are better while re-watching, take the Monogatari Series for an example.

Yes I agree with you as some animes are worse when rewatched

Jun 29, 2021 1:24 AM

Sep 2018
Quite a few anime became my favourites only after a rewatch and the opposite can be said of some others. I don't think it's a matter of rushing it the first time, but rather of a personal taste that is continuously evolving.

If something is really good, rewatching once every 1-2 years can't be a bother or a waste of time.
Jun 29, 2021 12:48 PM

Oct 2010
no way in hell am I to watch kimetsu no yaiba a second time, one viewing is enough to know it's not good for my taste
Jun 29, 2021 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
back in the 1990s and early 2000s ye i do watch TV reruns a lot but when we got our own internet and i started following seasonal anime i do not rewatch whole series anymore maybe just few random episodes or scenes thats it
Jun 29, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
Catalano said:
no way in hell am I to watch kimetsu no yaiba a second time, one viewing is enough to know it's not good for my taste

Not a huge fan of it either, I see you liked Claymore, awesome, currently reading it myself.
Jun 29, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2017
I didn't fully digest the clusterfuck that is FranXX and I know damn well that I don't need to lol

Jun 29, 2021 12:54 PM

Jan 2021
Attackonfiller said:
I didn't fully digest the clusterfuck that is FranXX and I know damn well that I don't need to lol.

Which is fine, as I stated, it's when something leaves an actual impression on you. Trust me there are things I don't know how I made it through just the one time.
Jun 29, 2021 1:01 PM

Jan 2018
Death Note fits the bill, although I'd recommend watching it 10 times, maybe more then that.
Jun 29, 2021 1:03 PM

Aug 2018
If you enjoyed a particular series, or had some burning questions surrounding it, it's good to watch it twice.

However, it can be time consuming and there might be other stuff you may want to watch in your limited spare time.
Jun 29, 2021 1:19 PM

Oct 2010
__Son_Gohan said:
Catalano said:

Not a huge fan of it either, I see you liked Claymore, awesome, currently reading it myself.

that's great, next few arcs will be a treat if you like action battles and drama
Jun 29, 2021 2:08 PM

Oct 2020
Apart from when I was a kid that I rewatched DBZ and Inazuma Eleven like 10 times, I've only rewatched shows with ''no plot'' like Oregairu or Nisekoi. I wouldn't rw shows like s;g or aot. That's what I think.

Jun 29, 2021 2:29 PM

Jan 2021
Judevin said:
There are definitely some that are worth going back to, like Odd Taxi.
The whole show puts all the plot twists and hints everything along the way, nobody notices it though, so when you rewatch it you notice how much care and attention was put it into making every plot twist well-earned.

Yeah that show has always looked pretty interesting to me, I'll keep that in mind when I get around to it.
Jun 29, 2021 2:35 PM

Dec 2018
I can't watch one piece over again...
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Jun 29, 2021 2:44 PM

Mar 2018
__Son_Gohan said:
Some shows, unless they don’t appeal to you at all, should be seen a second time. There are shows that leave an impression but are just pushed aside so you can get to the next one, which is fine, but I certainly believe in the potential to fall in love with a story is disregarded in many cases because we are in a rush to get to the next show, searching for what we have in front of us, but didn’t fully digest at the time. Thoughts?

This is usually how it is just for the casual viewer, who didn't get very deep into the medium...usually watching stuff that seem fun/entertaining and not very demanding...popular shounen in general...
If I use myself as an exemple...I've been watching 12 Kingdoms(Juuni Kokuki) lately and I've been putting on repeat a lot of scenes in every episode because of how much I like the story and the characters....and is not a very popular series, but something that for a lot of people might be boring because it's a fantasy without a lot of action, twists or complex plot, focusing on character exploration and their development, growth and political drama when it comes to the main conflict. I wasn't rushing and I will rewatch the series (not immediately) despite the popular series that were airing.

The more I like something, the more I need to take my time in order to enjoy it...This is how it is for me and if it's something that applies to everyone, it means that people who are rushing to the next big thing are doing this because they want to watch what others think is good instead of judging that for themselves, choosing what to watch on their own...and in this case, the popular series get the spotlight, which is what the casuals usually consume, at least until their tastes get a more solid shape.
And the viewers don't rewatch something that they didn't like...even if it's good on a technical level. The effect will be the opposite!
DoruCatanaJun 29, 2021 2:50 PM
Jun 29, 2021 3:04 PM

Aug 2020
Why would I put myself through the torture of rewatching Fairy Tale, I know that isn't for me.

Also I know that stuff like AoT isn't for me, so I'm not gonna sit through it again.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jun 29, 2021 3:17 PM

Sep 2019
I just re-watch shows that I really enjoyed or shows that I watched when I was younger and don't remember quite well.
Jun 29, 2021 3:25 PM

Jul 2019
I re-watch a lot of shows. But I only re-watch them if I liked them. Like I am not gonna re-watch fucking Seven Deadly Sins or Gibiate. It is going to be just pain.
Jun 29, 2021 3:35 PM
Jan 2021
There's only few anime that i rewatch and yes i did experience that when i first watch bakemonogatari i didn't really like or not fully appreciate it And then i realized bakemonogatari was really popular anime and considered to be a masterpiece so i tried rewatching it again and i really love it.........
Jun 30, 2021 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
I do indeed skip series, I am not hooked on in the first 1 or 2 episodes. My solution is to try watching them with company. If that doesn't work and I still drop them, I give up.
Jun 30, 2021 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
I watched School Days twice.
First time was a masterpiece.
Second time was a masterpiece.
Jun 30, 2021 11:52 AM
Dec 2017
id:invaded that show is just so god tier bingeworthy.

Jun 30, 2021 11:58 AM

Oct 2019
I only rewatch like shows that are short enough and i really enjoy like assassination classroom or drifters. Other times, I might rewatch a series in anticipation for the new series if there isnt a lot of episodes. I will not rewatch trashy shows unless its with friends or for a group thing.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jun 30, 2021 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
Sure bub, good luck watching One Piece twice.
Jun 30, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2021
Satyr_icon said:
Sure bub, good luck watching One Piece twice.

Yeah bub? No one gonna do that, doesn't mean you can't rewatch a ton of your favorite parts, this is more for shows that don't run passed 900 episodes.
Jun 30, 2021 3:04 PM

Jun 2020
personally disagree, but it's entirely situational and depends on which show as well.
Jun 30, 2021 3:10 PM

Apr 2021
Yes and no, some anime are so straightforward with how they are presented that they don't need a second run through. I don't need to watch Slime 300 a second time to know that it is a solid 5/10, but some series may need multiple watch throughs to fully understand its where it is good and where it is bad. I will say I'll probably trust the opinion of a person who has watched something multiple times (preferably critically) then someone who watched something once.
Jun 30, 2021 4:24 PM

Jul 2020
I agree with your views on rewatching anime, although I only do it when I feel like I missed watching it or didn’t receive the full experience. An instance would be the Monogatari Series, I felt like rewatching the 90-or-so episodes again would be a waste of time, but it legitimately felt like one the best decisions I’ve made as an anime watcher. I absorbed the philosophy, monologues, and the narrative much better than when I watched it for the 1st time. Kind of like how Sengoku absorbs the Sake she has down there

┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

Is it normal

to have that many crushes?.

┕━━━━»•» 🍌 «•«━━━━┙
Jun 30, 2021 4:28 PM

Aug 2019
with the amount of anime out there I really can’t find the time to rewatch shows, not even my favorites; maybe in the future however I’ll start rewatching stuff
Jun 30, 2021 4:52 PM

Jan 2020
Planned to rewatch Kara no Kyoukai. I think I didn't pay attention towards Ryougi character development when I first watch them
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jun 30, 2021 5:39 PM

Jul 2019
Only re-watch a particular series if you have desire for it. It could be just curiosity or you want to give a second chance. I go with my mood whenever I do re-watch. Otherwise, what's the point?

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 30, 2021 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Usually for me, if a show is an 8-> Its a show I feel has high rewatch value.

<-7 It depends on the show but most often than not I won't plan on going back.

I have a rule in which a 10/10 has to be rewatched and all the shows on my favourites list (besides Gurren Lagann) I've rewatched at-least once.
Jun 30, 2021 6:01 PM

Jul 2020
Dunno,sometimes you may hate a show more than the first time you watch so I'd rather not take the risk.
I wouldn't re watch rent a girlfriend a second time and cringe even more at the mc and feel bad for Mizuhara and for all the other girls.What Mami did to him is perfectly justified but not for Mizuhara.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 30, 2021 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Unless it's my favorite and hooked at, I'll gladly rewatch it again.
Jun 30, 2021 7:49 PM

Oct 2020
I personally rewatch a show when I remember a scene from it that I want to see again, but most of the time I don't because I've a lot watch.

In this world shrouded in darkness, I learned there was someone who’d been struggling along with me. That alone is enough.

Jul 3, 2021 2:47 AM

Mar 2021
stuffs like your name and hello world better be watched twice
Jul 3, 2021 3:26 AM

Mar 2018
I usually re-watch anime I'd seen a long time ago to relive it.
Jul 3, 2021 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
Watch sub of an anime,
Rewatch it with dub(if I like the anime)
Sometimes it'll be other way round,
But it's fine.
Jul 3, 2021 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
my fav anime I've seen 3+ times, Code Geass, Death Note, Full Metal Panic, AOT, Accel World, rewatching my fav shows is a regular thing for me, ppl saying it gets bring, that means that it was boring to begin with to you, the anime I love I never get tired of, also people need to start learning how to enjoy watching something, ofc you're not going to have a good experience if you watch an anime on a laptop in a loud room with the sun blasting your screen, have your own room, a big nice TV, completely dark, have a cola and some chips, cool atmosphere, and enjoy the show in all its art and sound beauty in isolation, that's how these things are made to be consumed
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Today

56 by zech »»
19 seconds ago

» Anime characters you like ONLY for their fanservice? (be honest)

asureiwong - 1 hour ago

6 by rohan121 »»
7 minutes ago

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - Yesterday

22 by Shirayukin »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you tend to skip the first episode/first few episodes of long running shows?

TheBlockernator - Jun 15

40 by EpicO4 »»
19 minutes ago

» What are some kinks anime has awoken inside you?

Thy-Veseveia - 55 minutes ago

4 by Ratris_Decision »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.