Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 14, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This anime really goes to show how friendship and bond can be so important. We got Gugu and Fushi being attacked by a mysterious creature yet the both of them fights together rather than for themselves to survive.

Gugu has became my favorite character in this show now for all the actions and personality he's shown.
Jun 14, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
The shape-shifting monster is back for Fushi, and Gugu's in trouble. Nevertheless, he tries helping Fushi out...to little success.

It's only because of the alcohol stored within Gugu that he managed to help Fushi, but he needs time to spew it out. Reaching back to Booze Man's shop to find strong alcohol to lit the forest ablaze, and more than finding Rean's parents forcefully bringing her back home to suppress her freedom of marriage, the alcohol is priority. But Gugu, despite his drunkenness, him being able to confess to Rean, atta boy.

Gugu finding Fushi being taken in by the shape-shifting monster, his alcohol and flames are the only way to subjugate this enemy, and subjugate it Gugu did. Thankfully, Fushi is still alive within a rock casted in light, and the whole fight being another test of the Beholder to teach Fushi to defend for himself and grow stronger. Gugu and Fushi are monster brothers after all, human and immortal.

Gugu is back in the shop, and what a feast. The talk between the Beholder and Fushi, and the namedrop of the enemies: Knockers, as they're called, bringing more destruction as time passes of knowledge learned. Rean has to head home at the end of the day...

...and 4 years later have passed since then. Everyone has grown up maturely, even Fushi. Glad that this arc's young days has a happy ending, and therefore we begin the arc's mature age next episode!

And that's all folks, we've reached the end of Volume 3 of the manga!
Jun 14, 2021 8:56 AM

Jul 2020
Gugu making use of the alcohol was a clever way to make something that was an impediment into an advantage. If only I could be as ripped as older gugu, let a boy dream xD!

The fight was crazy good, especially how they made gugu the star of it instead of fushi. Seemed like gugu grew up, not looking at his past instead using what he has in the now to secure a better future, good stuff. He basically turned into charmander, use flamethrower! Lol

Drunk gugu is the best gugu imo, so jokes, missing out key ionfromation, casually proclaiming his love for rynn and then kicking some ass! The bit where gugu wanted a hand shake and fushi bit him instead had me dying loooool.

God seems to be more relaxed than I anticipated, probably because he doesn't really care about what happens imo, like he prefers if the knockers won't destroy the world but I have a feeling the knockers were also made by him but that's just my two cents. And turns out god is also invisible, nice.

The end scene was heartwarming, gugu grown up yet still donning the same helmet, fushi sounding literate and even growing a beard, oh puberty eh? Gugu truly seems to have worked on himself, and all of them look like they're genuinely enjoying life, although I do feel rynn being a bit more playful around gugu eh?

The trailer for the next episode seems a bit foreboding ngl, not looking forward to gugu being broken down again.
LeviathanHWDJun 14, 2021 9:11 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 14, 2021 9:02 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode. The first half of the show was action-packed as Fushi and Gugu take on the mysterious creature that takes different forms but thanks to Gugu and old gramps' alcohol, Gugu managed to defeat it, and guess what, Fushi was also alive in the end. I mean, he got resurrected.

The second half of the episode was really chill and wholesome as Fushi decided to stay with his current family after being told to move from there by the mysterious black robe dude. And, Rynn's parents were there to take her home as well and after quite a struggle she decided to go home after she realized that her parents won't force her anymore. Great for her.

Gugu accidentally confessed his love to Rynn as well. LOL, That was cute. And, then we saw after four years, all of them have grown up and Gugu became buffed, Rynn has grown beautiful and our Fushi has started to grow a beard. Also, Fushi is a good cook now. No complaints there. Loved their transformations. Looking forward to more of them.
Jun 14, 2021 9:09 AM
Jan 2021
Chad Gugu is the perfect companion for Fushi. Gugu using the alcohol to his advantage was a brilliant idea and the ending scene where fushi speaks japanese perfectly was satisfying.
Jun 14, 2021 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
Gugu the arsonist. :D

Jk. Gugu is really courageous and kind, putting aside his weaknesses and insecurities, I love that about him. That hug with Fushi and Gugu was really sweet.

Gugu became an absolute unit that his mask looks incredibly small. I don't think he's supposed to be that buff lol.
Jun 14, 2021 9:41 AM
Jan 2021
Fushi is hitting puberty lmao
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jun 14, 2021 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Omg Fushi, Gugu and Rena after the timeskip look great. fushi went from not even being able to eat or go to the toilet, to communicating complex ideas, emotions, understanding growth and development and getting chin hairs! This series does such a great job of expressing the meaning of life. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Jun 14, 2021 10:03 AM

May 2021
The years passed, Fushi became a teen and Gugu became capable of a show-off and the first victim will be the bruda...
Jun 14, 2021 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Grown up gugu and fushi’s caught me out of guard. I had my jaw dropped the whole time. I don’t know if i should cry abt the fact that my cuties are gone now or i should be happy to see them grown. Also i thought fushi couldn’t grow up?? I might have misunderstand it. Anyway gugu is really such a dope character. He saved the day this episode without dying(thank god i was worried there for a second) and he even confessed to the girl( why can’t i never Remember her name)

Tbh i don’t see where this serie is gonna go but i’m gonna enjoy the happy moments while it lasts...
removed-userJun 14, 2021 10:15 AM
Jun 14, 2021 10:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gugu's fight with the alcohol was both "WTF" and great xD but wow, I didn't expect a 4 years time skip at the end, now Gugu is old and very muscular, great that Lynn is still here and Fushi is starting to grow a beard and is speaking way better than before.. I can't wait for the next episode!
Jun 14, 2021 10:14 AM
Sep 2015
Gugu has such a lickable muscle that can compensate for his messing face! His brother Shin show up and maybe he's Rean's arrange marriage husband candidate. I prefer my favorite men to be single though, that mean that even if Gugu get married with Rean, I won't congratulate them. The perfect route for me is to have Gugu and Shin make up as "brother complex" and dismiss woman.

When Gugu said that the one keeping him alive is not necessary good, not only it resonate with Rean, it also resonate with Fushi, since Fushi is still hate his creator ignorance.

But this enemy is definitely stronger than the last one. In fact Fushi was already lost, but Gugu help defeat the enemy. Fushi needs to get much stronger even if he doesn't want to.
Jun 14, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
Gugu used Flamethrower! It's super effective!
I love the story between Fushi, Gugu, and Rynn.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 14, 2021 10:20 AM

Oct 2020
Let the anime end here and i'm happy
Jun 14, 2021 10:28 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Four years passed and Reon still looks the exact same...

Meanwhile, Fushi has just started to grow some light stubble , whilst Gugu has outgrown him and is now ripped.

Anime proof that puberty hits everybody different, I guess.

I wonder how Fushi is going to progress, seeming as he opted to ignore Black Hood, and remain learning at the booze shop.
Jun 14, 2021 10:29 AM

Mar 2015
JurassicMarc91 said:
from manga reader point of view: next episode should be very pog. but after that
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jun 14, 2021 10:38 AM

Aug 2018
That was one of the weirdest and most sudden time skips I've ever seen lol. Great episode nonetheless.
I hope there is a proper explanation of why the Nokkers didn't make any moves during the four years and not just because "it's happened off-screen so nobody cares".
Jun 14, 2021 10:51 AM
Apr 2021
Que episódio ótimo.
Mais uma vez eu chorei. Estamos a 0 episódios sem chorar com fumetsu no anata e. Amei tudo o que aconteceu, ainda mais o fato de que o gugu e o fushi estão tão próximos, é como se o fushi e o gugu tivessem ganhado um irmão ambos um para o outro. Espero poder ve mais vezes eles juntos, cada interação deles aquece meu coração.
Jun 14, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
What the fuck did Gugu eat in those 4 years? xD. It's even funnier when you see Rean and she looks almost the same.

So Fushi's forms can age. I didn't expect that, that's interesting.
Jun 14, 2021 10:56 AM

Oct 2020
Ahaha, drunk Gugu was hilarious. Gugu really saved Fushi out there with his fire. That time skip was interesting but, damn, Fushi got really strong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2021 10:56 AM
May 2021
Loving how Gugu is turning himself to a better person, and is funny how older Fushi looks.
Jun 14, 2021 11:02 AM
Jan 2021
minfairys said:
Grown up gugu and fushi’s caught me out of guard. I had my jaw dropped the whole time. I don’t know if i should cry abt the fact that my cuties are gone now or i should be happy to see them grown. Also i thought fushi couldn’t grow up?? I might have misunderstand it. Anyway gugu is really such a dope character. He saved the day this episode without dying(thank god i was worried there for a second) and he even confessed to the girl( why can’t i never Remember her name)

Tbh i don’t see where this serie is gonna go but i’m gonna enjoy the happy moments while it lasts...

i’m guessing fushi is “growing up” because he took the form of the boy, and if the boy would’ve lived, then he would've grown up the same way.
Jun 14, 2021 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
Wow this turned out differently than expected. A happy ending to this arc. I'm pleased. Then again, perhaps, it's too peaceful. I mean, I thought March was safe and we know how that went, sooooo.

Nonetheless an enjoyable episode. Fushi made a lot of progress and Gugu bulked up, nice to see.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2018
Is it just me or did Rean not change at all after the 4 year time skip?
Jun 14, 2021 11:15 AM

Jan 2021
Ohhh, I loved this episode. Gugu's fight was so epic (≧◡≦)

I wasn't expecting this timeskip, but I like it, even though I feel like the only ones who have grown up are Fushi and Gugu 😂
Jun 14, 2021 11:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
FMmatron said:
Wow this turned out differently than expected. A happy ending to this arc. I'm pleased. Then again, perhaps, it's too peaceful. I mean, I thought March was safe and we know how that went, sooooo.

I'm very suspicious too, things ended a little too well. Hopefully, next episode won't prove us correct in this case, lol.

Gugu taking down the enemy definitely wasn't the outcome I was expecting but it was great to see him going that extra mile for the sake of Fushi. I'd doubts when he ordered the "strongest" drink but thankfully, it worked out. And that confession too, hats off to the kid. Well, he's gone and beyond the "kid" phase now though with those stacked muscles and whatnot.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 14, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2019
pasanoid said:
JurassicMarc91 said:
from manga reader point of view: next episode should be very pog. but after that

Jun 14, 2021 11:30 AM
Mar 2021
Why did they decide to have a random time skip lmao
Jun 14, 2021 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
boi! the time skip! all of them look so great! except Rean.. she kinda looks the same.
I'm so happy the Gugu didn't died.. was almost worried when the Booze man said that Gugu has a ruptured something inside him.. but it turned out great..
Jun 14, 2021 11:39 AM
Oct 2019
ItzPyrex said:
The episode in and of itself was good, but I can't get over the random 4 year time skip towards the end, I just find it really hard to believe that Fushi's "godfather" like creator had nothing to do with Fushi for over 4 consecutive years. I get it probably had to be done because the adaptation is only 20 episodes long or just so living with Gugu and the old geezer didn't drag on for to long (I also don't know how long the manga goes on for or have read it). They can also just say the characters had progression when we weren't watching and that Fushi will probably have a better grasp on his emotions after the time skip so whenever his creator feels like testing him again it will make it feel like a lot stronger of a fight to watch. but I personally like the interaction between Fushi and his unknown creator more than them being the same characters and not developing much for 4 entire years off camera. Episode was fine though, just really hate time skips.

Also Gugu is massive god damn

Sorry to inform you but this timeskip happens even in the manga, the anime hasn't skipped over anything it's been a very faithful adaptation to the source MATERIAL. Just Wait for next episode man everything will be explained there.
Jun 14, 2021 11:41 AM

Dec 2020
I like gugu as character more and more he is such a nice guy and also strong he helps fushi and defeat the tokka with the hardest alcohol.
I see leen parents they are not so bad how i though but it was so funny that gugu was drunk.
The anime make a timeskip and fush has a beard and gugu is a beast haha xD so far favorite anime this season.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 14, 2021 11:46 AM
Nov 2017
This episode was wholesome!

Jun 14, 2021 11:51 AM
Mar 2018
I don't even like KnY but I have to say that grown up Gugu is straight up Inosuke. 😂
Jun 14, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2017
Look at our precious boys all growing up! I feel like a proud mother haha

Fushi & Gugu's bond is such a beautiful thing and it's heartwarming that Fushi cares about him so much that he wanted to stay with him but it's been 4 years since the boys fought the Nokkers in the woods... can you imagine how much those sly bastards have developed in that time? Yet Fushi's just been standing still. He's going to learn a hard lesson sooner rather than later.
Jun 14, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2017
Volle05 said:

There are a lot of time skips in this story and they seem pretty random but it's simply because Fushi doesn't experience time the way a human does and so things can feel like they move forward kinda quick sometimes
Jun 14, 2021 1:30 PM

May 2018
Wow that fire breath attach was amazing!! The Nokker never stood a chance. And wow Gugu became even buffer than Asta after the time skip xD
Jun 14, 2021 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
Holy fuck Gugu became a hunk damn. Wasn't expecting that, but damn, he put in the work LOL.
Jun 14, 2021 1:50 PM

Nov 2019
We have chad, then gigachad. And here we have Guguchad!

The story turned from episodic to arc based to a continuous tale, as Fushi's development continues. It is apparent that Nokkers are stronger with more encounters, so Fushi needs to grow to. The hand that saves you isn't necessarily good, wondering what that means regarding The Beholder's perspective. But any God that supports freedom is good in my book.
I also like how intelligent some of these characters are. Gugu immediately adapting to the unnatural phenomenon and Rean figuring out his identity are some examples.

A timeskip definitely means things might go down quickly...

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 14, 2021 1:58 PM
Nov 2019
and suddenly out of nowhere! a 4 year timeskip LMAO. anyways next episode it looks like she's gonna know who saved her and stuff took him long enough...
Jun 14, 2021 2:09 PM

Nov 2020
Fushi and Gugu are so good together and Gugu got some muscles am curious if Rean will try with Gugu now ; )
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 14, 2021 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode, probably one of the better ones as of late. I really learned to love this group of wackeys.

So those creatures are now called Nokkers, it was a fierce battle and without Gugu's fire breathing, it could have had a major difference in outcome.

I am loving this timeskip quite a bit. Fushi seems to grow up, which I thought for an immortal person to be impossible, so that's interesting. Gugu's cooking must be fantastic cause he got buff as fuck in those 4 years and I just couldn't help but laugh when Rean was standing next to him and she just looks practically the same as before XD

I am legit enjoying the peace and happiness right now from this show, knowing it can change anytime.
Jun 14, 2021 2:37 PM

Aug 2016
So the alcohol was used as expected, that's some Grand Blue level of alcohol.
An unexpected time skip, so Gugu has grown and surprisingly so has Fushi, his speech has also developed too, nice.
Looks like the shithead bro returns next episode, I hope the ring doesn't come back to bite them.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jun 14, 2021 2:38 PM

Oct 2017
mdc0825 said:
minfairys said:

i’m guessing fushi is “growing up” because he took the form of the boy, and if the boy would’ve lived, then he would've grown up the same way.
@minfairys Yeah, I'm pretty sure it only happens to the forms he's using at that moment, from what I can recall in the manga, March's form barely ages.
Edit: his forms sort of revert back to their original age every time he changes, so through the time skip he didn't feel the need to for some reason.

BunilleJun 14, 2021 2:46 PM
Jun 14, 2021 3:03 PM
May 2020
Damn, this shit is so good.

I guess it would be too boring for the plot if Fushi learned to fight right away. Didn't expect a timeskip, Gugu got ripped lol, and looks like Fushi's bodies can get old and change too, very interesting, I wonder if his March is older now.

Looks like 4 years passed but Gugu didn't told nothing to Rean about the incident. Also, I hope he beats his brother up next episode lol.
Jun 14, 2021 3:19 PM
Jun 2013
ItzPyrex said:
The episode in and of itself was good, but I can't get over the random 4 year time skip towards the end, I just find it really hard to believe that Fushi's "godfather" like creator had nothing to do with Fushi for over 4 consecutive years. I get it probably had to be done because the adaptation is only 20 episodes long or just so living with Gugu and the old geezer didn't drag on for to long (I also don't know how long the manga goes on for or have read it). They can also just say the characters had progression when we weren't watching and that Fushi will probably have a better grasp on his emotions after the time skip so whenever his creator feels like testing him again it will make it feel like a lot stronger of a fight to watch. but I personally like the interaction between Fushi and his unknown creator more than them being the same characters and not developing much for 4 entire years off camera. Episode was fine though, just really hate time skips.

Also Gugu is massive god damn

Nothing was rushed or skipped, Fushi just choose to be there and have a calm life with Gugu and others instead of going in journey and "getting stronger" like his creator wanted, also for a immortal being, 4 years is nothing and important to note, the wood creatures doesn't seem like they care much about humans, only about Fushi so isn't like the creatures are rushing to conquer the world and erase humanity, if Fushi just stay in one place, he probably will not have any encounter with one of them for years.
Jun 14, 2021 3:20 PM

Apr 2020
So the bodies of Fushi do get old

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jun 14, 2021 3:59 PM

Dec 2014
Gugu! What a champ! Mad respect for him. That was an incredible show of bravery to fight that Nokker alone. That sequence of the Nokker in bear form charging at him was intense and frightening but those flamethrower attacks got him good.

I was expecting Fushi to leave after those events but he stayed on. We even got a timeskip, I thought Fushi wouldn't age but looks like he did and he can even speak fluently now.

Gugu's gotten more muscular than I thought and Rean is cute. Looks like Gugu's brother will come back next episode, I just hope it doesn't cause some kind of misunderstanding with Rean cause Gugu technically gave Rean's ring to him.
Jun 14, 2021 4:39 PM

Dec 2019
Wtf Gugu turned into a Joestar.
Jun 14, 2021 5:41 PM
Feb 2015
Volle05 said:

To have the plot advance?
Jun 14, 2021 5:48 PM

Feb 2021
Fushi and Gugu grown up?!?!? Wait if the bodies of fushi grow, then maybe March is grown?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

347 by grotewolf »»
Sep 16, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

240 by AGuyinForrest »»
Aug 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

174 by Cloudeh »»
Jul 23, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

360 by vsa467 »»
Jul 14, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

483 by Yumi_samaa »»
Jul 12, 1:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.