Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aye, sharing food and enjoying life together, even on such a cold day. This show tackles a lifestyle that is quite realistic to watch.

Seems that cafe is also becoming a central hub for the main cast in recent episodes.
Jun 2, 2021 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
Seems driving in the cold is taking it's toll on the girls, tho if the are willing to spend the money they could get some really good winter gear that keeps them warm on a bike.
I drive my bike during winter and it's doable when it's cold you just need to watch out when it gets slippery.

Reiko's reactions to the windshield where funny.
Jun 2, 2021 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
Im really interested in the financial situation of this cafe/bakery/motorest ... like really.

Cold days are ahead but with the cabu and friends everything feels warm :)
Jun 2, 2021 8:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another cold/winter episode I watch while the sun is melting my face IRL
The wool jacket/socks idea was really interesting, and for the windshield actually I don't think it looks ridiculous, it's pretty cool on the Cub
Jun 2, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
The passing seasons are felt more strongly on the Super Cub, as is the feeling of walking on ice in the brittle cold weather.

Shii-chan naturally inserting into the Cubs' lunchtime hits the heart in an "AWWW" way though. But Reiko thinking of stuffing Shii into the box of her Hunter Cub for replenishments...erm...OK, hold up.

It's back to Shii-chan's family diner, and some inner winter wear to keep them warm, such as abrasive wool that needs to be handled specially when washing it. It's too big for Koguma though, so it's back to school to get it carefully sorted out for the 3 girls, cut in size and for various uses since it's very valuable.

The girls are A-OK with their winter wear, but for their Cubs it's strongly essential to have protection a.k.a windshields. Shii-chan's teas and coffees are wildly uncommon though, those made with alcohol is a totally different variant that still keeps them warm. It's better to have one ugly shield than not to have, at least it's user-upgradeable and provides some good protection.

At the very least, both Koguma and Reiko have nothing to fear of the Winter colds now.
Jun 2, 2021 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
The autumn can be really cold and harsh by the end and our girls are feeling the same way. It's cute to see Shii getting more and more involved with the girls. They make a nice group of three.

Thanks to Shii's father, all three of them got abrasive wool items for their respective needs. Reiko and Koguma finally managed to install the windshields on their cub. They looked really happy. What I can see of Shii, she might buy a cub soon as well. She wants to hang out with them more.
Jun 2, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
Driving a bike in the cold finally catching up to the girls. Definitely need that windshield if they wanna continue riding for the next few months. Shoutout to the cafe owners for helping them out.

As much as I love the show, I still can’t get over how the fuck the main girl supports herself. Like she’s living alone in an apartment, who’s paying the bills, food, rent etc? She’s in high school so she should have some type of guardian appointed by the state..
Jun 2, 2021 8:40 AM

Oct 2018
Why do I feel so happy after watching a Super Cub episode?

It feels like all my problems don't matter anymore.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 2, 2021 8:47 AM

Feb 2020
I wish I could visit that cafe. It looks a really nice place.

Seeing Koguma smiling makes me always so happy. :)

SerafosJan 13, 3:26 AM
Jun 2, 2021 8:51 AM

Feb 2014
Did anyone else notice how Koguma and Reiko changed a bit in personality? Reiko seemed like a tsundere at first that managed to open up to Koguma eventually, now Koguma is the one acting all tsundere with Shii, I also dislike when she leaves her hanging for instance she doesn't even say "see ya" when she leaves on her bike no wonder Shii kinda feel left out.

Also, will we be seeing Shii buying that new cub? Would be a good idea for Koguma and Reiko put their hand to work to help a friend and show how much they learnt about Cubs.
Jun 2, 2021 9:02 AM

Apr 2014
You cannot put Shii in your storage box like that, Reiko. hahahah

Serafos said:

I wish I could visit that cafe. It looks a really nice place.

The actual location is here, which the real location is quite far from where Koguma live.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 2, 2021 9:52 AM
Aug 2020
I want Shii-chan to get her own Cub now. :(
Jun 2, 2021 10:21 AM
Nov 2019
Good episode and very beautiful art and visuals and shii is so cute and lol Koguma's personality seems a bit changed though I don't like how she leaves shii hanging and makes most of her life related to only the cub instead of her meeting the people through the cub, wish she would open up to other people like she does with Reiko
Jun 2, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2020
I feel bad for Shii-chan getting left behind. Their cubs are turning a Big bike now.
Jun 2, 2021 11:01 AM

Apr 2021
Koguma and Reiko are both being jerks to Shii right now, tbh. It feels like the writers know what they're doing with the characterisations so I expect that'll develop in some direction.

Some people have been saying this show isn't funny... but the funny moments are just easy to miss if you look the wrong way because the punchlines aren't underlined at all. In this episode's intro Koguma tells us in a neutral detached voiceover how she is now "able to feel the seasons more deeply than before", and right then we see her grimacing from the cold on her bike, which makes a hilarious dissonance with the voiceover. And then Koguma's expression when Shii shows her that dead sheep cosplay outfit.
off-seasonJun 2, 2021 11:05 AM
Jun 2, 2021 11:05 AM

Jul 2015
don't know about others but i would put Shii in my bike's vault..
Also.. love the goofy faces these girls makes through out the episode..
Jun 2, 2021 1:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The winter is coming. The girls really got a lot of thought before buying those necessary thing, Windshield. Realistic enough to their own problems, i see. But, they still brought it out, so its kinda amused me with all of their acts, for a secs, ngl.

Well, in the other hands, its nice seeing Shii slowly got attached to the girls relations well enough. Even she decided to gave them her those wool clothes to be made as their winter gears. However, i assume, she still had the trouble entering their conversation, cause she still lack of cub experience to talk about. I really hope its not a big deal. So, lets see their next interaction, when the snow really comes true....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 2, 2021 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
Reiko idea of wanting to put Shii inside her luggage container on her Hunter Cub was funny. Mind you, the idea itself is rather tempting if I was in her position.

It might not be Winter yet, but the cold has already made its arrival. Not only does it take few attempts for Koguma to start up her Cub now due to the cold weather, but simply driving to school while dealing with the wind chill is rather brutal (funny grimacing expression, though!), so she and Reiko had to think of what they really wanted to help prepare themselves up for the upcoming Winter weather.

Thanks to Shii and her father, they were able to use her woolly jumper for jacket lining for Koguma, socks for Reiko and a Shii used her portion to keep her flask warm. Not just that, but Reiko took Koguma to her former workplace that had a windshield on her Super Cub, which ultimately convinced Reiko and Koguma to buy one respectively. I do love Koguma's face as she confidently drove up to her 60kph limiter, with a smile on her face. =)

It was really good to see Reiko and Koguma putting in the effort to prepare themselves and their cubs, as well as how much more social both of them are to other people. However, I did feel bad for Shii for being a bit left out at times. It doesn't mean that Koguma and Reiko were jerks or anything, as that would be a rather poor assumption to make and both girls don't have any ill will against her. At this rate, I think this will push Shii into getting a Super Cub for herself even more now than ever before.

Either way, the preparation for Winter was the easy bit. The hard part is still to come. How will Koguma handle snow and ice on the roads? Next week's episode will certainly be an interesting one.
Jun 2, 2021 2:13 PM

May 2021
Hope that the fact that Shii is being constantly left behind develop in something interesting. Another sweet episode, Reiko and Shii are really growing on me, but Koguma's attitude annoys me sometimes, even knowing that is part of her character

Jun 2, 2021 2:30 PM

Sep 2017
Well they finally beat winter.. I guess lol. You know you'd think Reiko might have dealt with these things in the past, but I guess she just toughed it out.

Funny it seems Shii keeps getting left behind. Feel like that is something that will be addressed in a coming ep.
Jun 2, 2021 2:54 PM

Apr 2018
Damn the memories I had when I was hanging out with my friends out in the cold eating a hot lunch was the good old days. They are so cute together and despite not wanting to buy the windshield they did it anyways. Another cute, wholesome episode that went by way too fast. I hope Shii-chan gets a cub too so she can join in on the fun.
Jun 2, 2021 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
The girls are still conquering the winter cold. I do agree that a windscreen does not look pretty, but as long as it's practical and does it job like it's suppose to, it wouldn't harm to mound that onto your Cub for a few months.

Pretty warm episode, I loved that Shii-chan joined them at lunch outside as well and got them to get some woolen clothing for the cold. I just love how smoll and adorable Shii-chan is compared to Reiko.

I was wondering about this cold being a challenge for them and then realized, what would happen if there was actually snow? Yamanashi is quite a bit above sea-level, so I would assume snow is a regular occurrence in winter and well, then we got the Episode title for next week. I can't wait for that!! The real challenge starts here.
Jun 2, 2021 6:11 PM
Sep 2018
I'm with those wondering about the soon-to-be-junked Super Cub and Shii.
The frame damage would be a concern.
The rest, if that were dealt with, would simply be a matter of throwing time and money at it to fix.

There are signs that Shii's family has funds. Here parents' don't look all that old (quite young, in fact, to this 60-year-old), so their having retired and set up the café as a retirement venture that they aren't too worried about bringing in much, Shii purchasing the espresso machine right after getting a chance to use one, all the imported tchotchkes' around the café...if Shii decides she wants to, she'll get the Super Cub and draft them into helping her fix it.

Presuming she's actually interested after riding on the back of Reiko's Cub...and not in the carrier. Her reaction was quite amusing.
Jun 2, 2021 7:55 PM

Mar 2014
i doubt if these beaches ever pay their drinks everytime they visit shii's bakery.
Jun 2, 2021 9:26 PM

Nov 2010
Near the end of autumn, it seems; the episode was guided with Debussy's "Reflets dans l'eau" (and Cub's exhaust note).
Jun 2, 2021 11:03 PM
May 2019
i liked this episode even though the only that happened was the girls complaining about windshields only to buy windshields. But i need this anime's chill vibes. Also i love how they straight up ditched Shii multiple times. it reminded of those abridged series jokes where a character says to another character im leaving bye then they abruptly leave
Jun 2, 2021 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
I don't know about these girls but the windshield actually doesn't look all that bad. Not to mention I also wonder how Reiko managed to endure previous winters without one...

Overall, it was a nice episode but being honest, I'm not really a fan of the implied idea of Shii eventually buying a Cub for the sole reason to avoid being left behind.
Jun 3, 2021 1:00 AM
May 2021
ButtSlapper said:
i doubt if these beaches ever pay their drinks everytime they visit shii's bakery.

Lmao yeah. Sadly, eversince Shii's character got more screen time and completed the "said" trio of this show's main girls, I felt slight bitterness with the gradual growth of the characters. Especially Koguma. Seriously, seeing Shii trying to fit in is quiet hard to watch. Having to receive both of Reiko and Koguma's slightly cocky attitude.

But to be frank, Reiko and Koguma were friends due to their similar interests in Cubs. I get it they both are kinda close with each other but the root of their friendship strongly holds from their sole interest and nothing more. Speaking from experience, I don't even know if it's a good or a bad thing anymore at this point.

Guess we'll just have to see it through the end.
Jun 3, 2021 1:36 AM

Dec 2009
Gween_Gween said:
Hope that the fact that Shii is being constantly left behind develop in something interesting. Another sweet episode, Reiko and Shii are really growing on me, but Koguma's attitude annoys me sometimes, even knowing that is part of her character

Most likely it will develop towards shaming her into getting a Cub as well to fit in.

-__-'
Ara ara.
Jun 3, 2021 1:39 AM

May 2021
DoomCraft said:
Gween_Gween said:

Most likely it will develop towards shaming her into getting a Cub as well to fit in.

-__-'

Hope that is not the case, but being this show a cub ad :(

Jun 3, 2021 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, they broke the law again.
It calls for imidiet action.

Jun 3, 2021 4:43 AM

Sep 2020
Afff~ Another relaxing winter episode. Koguma being opposed by her girlfriend is really adorable.
And that cozy and comfy cafe. Everything about this episode is so relaxing.

Oh, and i hope Shii will get her own cub too.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jun 3, 2021 4:50 AM
Apr 2021
I enjoyed the episode. Shii has been a great charterer since she was introduced.

Like I notice the way Koguma interacts with Shii and understand why people would think she is quite cold with her but I think it's mainly due both of them having opposite personalities.

Koguma until she got her cub was pretty much a loner with no family that didn't interact with anyone. She's probably not really used to having friends. So you can tell she is bit socially awkward at times. Whereas Shii is very much a outgoing and positive person who has a loving family and isn't afraid to try and make new friends.

So they are pretty much the polar opposite of each other. this is probably why it seems like Koguma is being very blunt with Shii at times but I think Shii knows this and accepts Kogumas introverted personality.

beardedhammerJun 3, 2021 4:59 AM
Jun 3, 2021 6:00 AM

Oct 2016
I too would want a Shii in my non existent bike storage. Another wholesome relaxing and fantastic episode. Everytime Koguma smiles, I smile. Shii's reaction to riding on Reiko's cub was super adorable. Must protecc this smol tiny cubless girl. Kinda sad that she's being left out, I wonder if she'll get that broken cub and maybe have it fixed. Those windshields don't look that bad, if it's for beating the cold then it's worth it. I love that they all received something out of that wool jacket.

Koguma letting Shii use her helmet was really nice, she might be blunt but she thoughtful. Really looking forward to the next episode, it's snow time.
Jun 3, 2021 6:02 AM

Jul 2014
After they got those hideous hand cover things last week, is a windshield really so ugly that Reiko would rather not ride her Cub for a few months than install one? Koguma's perspective I can understand, as she's forking out for a lot of stuff lately and she's not got much money to work with, but I don't understand what's so ugly about this compared to those hand covers at all.

That aside, this was another excellent episode as the girls contended with the cold and spent more time at Shii's cafe in the process. The teacher's excitement at the prospect of working with abrasive wool was definitely one of the episode's highlights, along with Koguma's delightful smile about how much warmer that made her while riding.

I assume the disclaimer about the alcohol was put in as some response to the complaints some lobbed at the show for Koguma and Reiko riding together in episode 6 (and will no doubt be raised again here after Shii rode with Reiko this time).
Jun 3, 2021 6:08 AM
Dec 2017
ButtSlapper said:

Koguma previously said something like "never imagined i would spend 500 yen on a coffee". In this episode, when they returned to cafe, Reiko and Koguma was talking about money too (maybe about spending so much on coffee, maybe on windshields).
Jun 3, 2021 9:57 AM
Feb 2018
I think Shii-chan is going to buy that wrecked cub hopefully I'm wrong
Jun 4, 2021 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
Wholesome as usual. If they surpass those seasons, then comes "Spring".
Jun 4, 2021 11:33 PM

Oct 2008
windshield = sugoi sugoi! SUGOI!!!
5/5.

Jun 5, 2021 4:05 AM

Oct 2007
Shii is a good source of free coffee. xD

nice to see how they recycled that clothing, into other useful clothing.

looking forward to next week. :)
Jun 5, 2021 9:07 AM

Apr 2020
I just fell in love with the home economics teacher's voice~

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Jun 6, 2021 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
I was perplexed last week and I still am. Why not put jeans, sweats, or gym pants under your skirt? Tights at the very least. They need to buy something like work jumpsuits. I guess that wouldn't be cute.
Jun 6, 2021 3:24 PM
Jan 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Driving a bike in the cold finally catching up to the girls. Definitely need that windshield if they wanna continue riding for the next few months. Shoutout to the cafe owners for helping them out.

As much as I love the show, I still can’t get over how the fuck the main girl supports herself. Like she’s living alone in an apartment, who’s paying the bills, food, rent etc? She’s in high school so she should have some type of guardian appointed by the state..

Manga/novel/wikipedia SPOILER: she get stipend finance from prefecture, anime not show this part of her past, but other media show full history of her.
Jun 6, 2021 3:25 PM

Feb 2019
Mila-112 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Manga/novel/wikipedia SPOILER: she get stipend finance from prefecture, anime not show this part of her past, but other media show full history of her.

Yea I get the stipend but she’s a minor so she should be a ward of the state. You can’t live alone.
Jun 7, 2021 12:14 AM
Jan 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Mila-112 said:

Yea I get the stipend but she’s a minor so she should be a ward of the state. You can’t live alone.

Another spoiler from previously mentioned sources :D Now with proper hiding :D
Anime starts in summer, she is junior in high school, that means she is +-16yrs and in second year and that means..
Jun 7, 2021 3:53 AM
Feb 2021
This episode was amazing, Shii is too cute, I hate the fact that both Koguma and Reiko are like distant from her especially Koguma.
I hope they will be close friends.
Jun 7, 2021 8:08 AM

Feb 2019
Mila-112 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Anime starts in summer, she is junior in high school, that means she is +-16yrs and in second year and that means..

But wouldn’t the state appoint a guardian..
Jun 9, 2021 9:57 AM

Oct 2017
Sweet episode again, I'm glad Koguma got the things she needed.
Jun 9, 2021 11:35 AM
Jan 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Mila-112 said:

But wouldn’t the state appoint a guardian..

I don't know how works Japan laws, every country has different laws.
Jun 11, 2021 4:09 AM
Jun 2019
They're just going to the cafe for free stuff now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

129 by Myetx »»
Sep 15, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

173 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

108 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2021

100 by mo_lave »»
Aug 23, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2021

81 by Romax24245 »»
Aug 18, 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.