Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, an episode with farming and harvesting crops. Even Rimuru put his working hat on.

I find also amusing how relevant the goblins are in this season. They deserve their screentime if you ask me. Quite a pleasant episode. Even Benimaru is out there with his little farmer hat on.
Apr 13, 2021 8:22 AM

Mar 2021
and here comes the Harvesting (Just the crops harvesting not the souls) episode....

Lol rimiru looks cute with the straw hat

Fun filled episode

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Apr 13, 2021 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Rimuru sure hasn't had a good break, so this is his time to rest...though it can feel mundane, because he's a workaholic.

Gobta thought he can escape from Hakuro and Rigur, when in fact he skived away from work. Hah, there's not one day where he can escape from work. Even the Orc Lord being played on by goblin kids, and Shuna chasing Banimaru out to clean the mansion.

Farming for work...what a perchance Gobta, give him a "weapon" in the form of a hoe from Rimuru and force him to work. And finally Rimuru has something to rival Shion's horrible cooking: fermented natto. Gobta is as hilariously horrible and delusional, both at work and making a scarecrow.

The dwarf brothers are Men of Culture though, painting women in work clothing, that's a lot of work.

Work, work, work, work, work~~~ with Rimuru wearing a farmer hat. Seems suiting, but don't leave out the forest Dryad Dreyni when it comes to harvesting. And Gobta, DO NOT say anything about a girl's body weight.

Relaxing fun. Gobta is easily this episode's MVP as a joker.
Apr 13, 2021 8:36 AM

Mar 2018
This episode put the dumbest smile on my face. It is so incredibly adorable and it is genuinely funny at times. There are so many little things I apreciate, like the Preview being a continuation of a previous gag or that the characters want to be genuine positive figures for the children in the town. So much love and care in this series, it just makes me happy.
Apr 13, 2021 8:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While its nice to have time off having nothing to do can be quite boring. Its amusing how cute Shuna can be when banishing her brother from the house though. Gobta is the master of slackers huh. Still when he's motivated he's one hell of a farmer. Its nice seeing Rimuru contribute in enhancing Tempest's food supply though. Souka's crush on Souei though is so cute. Benimaru though has no shortage of fans but he's also a good role model for the kids too. Poor Treyni though not being invited. Planting seeds is definitely her element after all. Overall a pretty calm and fun ep that did well in showing how Rimuru enhances Tempest's food supply and how its harvested while also showing a more softer side to some of the frontliners like Geld and Gobta. Pretty nice ending theme catchy as hell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2021 8:39 AM

Sep 2018
Ah yes, its time for some Papa Geld wholesomeness! Considering how Orcs lived during famine and newborns kids dying everyday, its nice to see Geld enjoying his time playing with kids and working on fields!
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 13, 2021 8:39 AM
Sep 2015
Last week, I observed how the artstyle is different from normal story as it's from different studio. This episode, I can also see that movement animation is also different.
Apr 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Feb 2019
God it’s so soothing seeing everyone just relaxing and going about their daily activities in tempest. “I told you to leave out the carrots” lmao even Benimaru has food dislikes. This is such a relaxing way to start your week/day off.
Apr 13, 2021 8:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Rimuru really love working for the village in his isekai life
It was heartwarming to see everyone (except the dryad xD) helping for the agriculture part
Apr 13, 2021 9:04 AM
Jul 2020
I love how wholesome this spin-off is
Apr 13, 2021 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
It was fun seeing everyone farming and enjoying themselves.

They left out Treyni tho. And Gobta was brutal with the weight comment. XD

Apr 13, 2021 9:56 AM

Jan 2021
Very funny episode 😂
Rimuru wants to work even in his free time, he's crazy xdd
Now we know that Benimaru doesn't like carrots. I don't like it either (O_O;)
Poor Trainie, she hasn't been invited

Apr 13, 2021 10:03 AM
Jun 2020
Amazing episode but....

Now I feel sorry for Gobta. Someone please give him his promised weapon XD
Apr 13, 2021 10:05 AM
Oct 2016
Planting seeds to yield sustenance in the following season. A very important step for any civilization that wants to secure its future and begin growth. Rimuru has everyone hard at work helping plant the crops for this year. I still love all the little moments we get with so many of these characters. Seeing tons of our favorites just interacting with one another makes me smile. Slime has a great cast you can't help but love with this side story using that as it's main strength. Rimuru just going around seeing how everyone is makes for engaging, and very relaxing, entertainment. Talking to Geld about working too hard, running from superiors with Gobta, explaining new foods to Shion. Along with all the interactions outside of Rimuru himself are fun. Gobta training in meditation, Shuna pushing Benimaru out of the house to clean, Souei wanting to join the planting, Trynie sad she didn't get to. Lots of fun moments.
Apr 13, 2021 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Such a comfy and heartwarming episode.
Gobta should use his hoe in the battle too. Then become the legendary hoe-bearer by annihilating the entire army unit with just a single hoe. 😂

Poor poor Treni... She was left out during farming and Gobta also told her that she was getting fatter. I really feel sorry for her. I also hope that Treni will got more appearances in future episodes.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 13, 2021 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
I think I've fallen in love with this spin-off faster than I thought I would. =3

The 2nd episode really captured a very good balance of really funny moments alongside some incredibly sweet and wholesome scenes. That Geld, for example. I know that some people can relate to him when he mentions that he feels "lost" when he has a day off from work, considering how much of a hard worker he is, but if there's one thing he would be excellent at outside of his usual work, then looking after the goblin kids would be ideal for him. Seeing this gentle side of him was really sweet. =)

Gobta was the source of the funniest parts of the episode. His facial reactions to his Gobta scarecrow getting decimated was VERY funny, but he almost beat that with his foot-in-mouth response to Treyni in after after-credits scene about her putting on weight from the food she was eating. Poor Treyni... XD

Now, when will best girl Milim appear, I wonder?
Apr 13, 2021 12:59 PM

May 2018
Ah, the good old farming episode! Wow Shion saying Natto? was the cutest thing ever!! And wow the visuals of the fields are even better here than in the main show lmao
Apr 13, 2021 1:05 PM

Aug 2020
Watching people farm just clams me down.
Apr 13, 2021 1:09 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly a really chill episode doing farm work. I really enjoy this spin-off because it shows how they developed the city and the environment around it. I liked how everyone wanted to farm when they saw Rimuru do it xD
Apr 13, 2021 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
I love this universe so much :)
The scene with gobta and the animation there (when he found out the scarecrow wasn't working) was so funny and so were the scenes/dialoges between shuna and benimaru and the end scene with miss dryad-san lmao, also I really fought that when souei threw all those kunais it would form something like I love rimuru-sama or a heart but he just wanted to participate in the field works, my poor baby, another thing is that I really didn't recognize gabiru i think he changed the most after the evolution :o
Apr 13, 2021 2:00 PM
Jan 2020
Another fun little episode

Biggest takeaway for me though?

No idea why but that was funny as hell. Also, next time, INVITE THE DRYAD TO THE FARMING! Poor Treyni-san...
Apr 13, 2021 2:09 PM

Nov 2019
I am liking this more overall than the main series so far. Gerudo has become my favorite side character.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 13, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
this was another pretty nice and wholesome episode, wonder when we'll get to see milim.
Apr 13, 2021 3:56 PM

Sep 2019
"If you need someone who can handle a hoe just call me" aight Gobta you didn't need to flex on us that hard.
Apr 13, 2021 4:07 PM

Nov 2017
Ahhhhh,Treyni was sooo cute this episode!
And then Gobta had to go and put her in a bad mood :)
Another fun episode,and very well done as well.
The OP/ED are both nice,but I like how it showcases a lot of the other characters better than the main series.
I mean,Geld is just so good in this,I like seeing more of his character coming out,he just shines!
And I don't think any other anime has made me want to live in its setting as much as this.Tempest just looks to be a really nice place to live!
Unless your Gobta,then I suppose he gets the sharp end of the stick,in many ways :)
Apr 13, 2021 4:22 PM

Nov 2017
Alright this was hilarious
Gobta is too funny
Shuna is adorable
Treyni is cute

plz @ me
Apr 13, 2021 4:55 PM

Oct 2015
All the characters are so cute! This spinoff is looking so good for me, is nice to know more about the characters and see them relaxing.
Apr 13, 2021 5:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rolling, boing-boing randomly, fidgeting, even goofing around, were still not enough for a godhood being like Rimuru-sama. However, Rimuru-sama secret fun time actually pretty amusing. The workaholic slime obviously couldn't handle such an idle and lazy time. Lol, sasuga. I see that even Gobta-kun stocked up such a good skill beside being funny. That's a better reward for you! As expected, Gabiru-sama always awesome with his absurd dancing, even in those kind of job. While the great bro Geld, actually the best dad in the entire Jura Tempest Federation! Really deserved such a great amount of favourites among the cast.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 13, 2021 5:33 PM

Dec 2014
Shuna is too cute, I love how she was comforting her brother and then proceeded to kick him out of the house. xD

Benimaru with the golden advice to the kids but apparently he hates carrots. xD
Apr 13, 2021 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
As a fan of Shuna, I'm glad she's getting more screen time. The little preview scene when she caught Rimuru was ridiculously adorable.
Apr 13, 2021 7:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Lots of funny bits in this one, Gobta’s scarecrow getting mutilated was hilarious, Rimuru doing dumb stuff behind Shuna’s back and stopping once she turns around (reminds me of that bit from Back at the Barnyard lol) and lots of farming/gardening, which I actually did a bit of myself today before I watched the episode. I also love how wholesome Geld is in this.

Also I will be sure to call Gobta if I need someone who can handle a hoe lol.
Apr 13, 2021 8:58 PM

Jul 2016
I live for more of those Geld moments. Seriously, he's so precious when he's not obliterating isekai'd teenagers.

Also it seems my boy Gobta is a master at handling hoes. Will keep that in mind the next time I need help.

Pretty chill episode. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this spin-off this much. It's incredibly wholesome and not to mention, surprising how easily it manages to put a smile on my face.
Poor Treyni tho. In the end, she wasn't invited to the farming and even Gobta ended up telling her she was getting fatter. How did this guy survive the episode? I will never know.
Apr 13, 2021 10:44 PM

Feb 2014
Benimaru is losing his pride every episode now. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 14, 2021 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
Rimuru is workaholic confirmed lol

Gobta is easily the MVP in this episode..
Apr 14, 2021 9:23 AM
May 2020
farming hasn't looked so cool till now
Apr 14, 2021 11:35 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode. I love how they're really rounding out the charaters. Starting to love Geld who's become so sweet. Poor guy, doesn't know what to do with his time.
Apr 14, 2021 5:10 PM

Oct 2008
ED was so wonderful!
when Gobta said Trainie gained weight it was so hilarious!
5/5.

Apr 14, 2021 5:20 PM

Apr 2020
z00nex said:
"If you need someone who can handle a hoe just call me" aight Gobta you didn't need to flex on us that hard.
the engdub for this finna slap

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Apr 15, 2021 1:32 AM
Mar 2018
Nice and chill farming episode. Everyone looks so cute in the new artstyle, especially Geld. Much appreciate the calming series after every week.

Apr 15, 2021 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
The promised weapon was a hoe! Maybe Kurobei messed up but still LOL.

Well fermentation in a way is controlled decomposition, so yeah rotten. XD

Ah you made Treyni cry by not inviting her to planting. Boo!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 16, 2021 12:10 PM
Aug 2013
Where have Geld's hoof fingers gone?!
Apr 18, 2021 10:40 AM

Mar 2010
The majority of the time was a huge fucking snorefest I wanted to cut myself just to stay awake ffs, but then the last 30 seconds was funny asf lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2021 4:34 PM
Jul 2017
Better than the 1st episode, but even... Gods, this is boring!!!

I'm only giving it a chance because of the characters, but it stays like this, I'll probably drop it after episode 3.

There were a few good jokes, but overall, this show is only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry.
Apr 19, 2021 4:46 AM

Feb 2017
clebbyclaire said:
Where have Geld's hoof fingers gone?!

he never had any of those in both the light novel and the manga. I wonder why theyre portrayed as such in the anime
Apr 20, 2021 5:17 AM

Jun 2019
Rimuru being super cute while lazing around. I guess it's Rimuru's time to relax and enjoy his free time. Then, we saw Gerudo being a happy figure to all the Goblin children. Everything is so peaceful. It's so cute.
Apr 20, 2021 9:45 AM
Seasonal watcher

Oct 2017

This is the ending
Translated this turns out as

Ending Theme Song
"Come on Tempest!"
Song: Rimuru (CV. Miho Okasaki) Great Sage (CV. Megumi Toyoguchi) Veldora (CV. Maeno Tomoaki)
Shuna (CV. Sayaka Senbongi) Shion (CV. M.A.O)
Ranga (CV. Chikahiro Kobayashi) Gobuta (CV. Asuna Tomari)
Lyrics: Yohei Matsui Composition /Arrangement: Naozumi Masaki
Jesse-kunApr 20, 2021 10:28 AM
Apr 20, 2021 9:29 PM

Nov 2009
Rimuru apparently got so used to working, he doesn't want to take day offs.

Interesting Farming episode.

And Rimuru forgot the one person that's literally related to Plants...

Also that end, I want to be Rimuru and get hugged by Shuna too.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 21, 2021 5:14 AM

Jan 2013
Why do their eyes look like they're from a mindbreak hentai?
Apr 27, 2021 12:10 AM
Apr 2021
For some reason the outro of episode 2 of slime diaries sounds extremely alike to the op of season 2 isekai quartet. Is this a hint or a coincidence?
Apr 27, 2021 4:29 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty chill farming episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2021

58 by TheOtherJN »»
Aug 21, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2021

78 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2021

62 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 12, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2021

50 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 11, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2021

51 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 11, 4:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.