Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 11, 2021 8:57 AM

Jun 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ichika got the highest score as expected from best girl. Miku tried hard but still stood no chance against best girl.

Nino teaching Miku how to make chocolate for Valentines was pretty poggers too, loved that scene, still not as good as Ichika's moments.

can't believe he took them all out on a date at once, what a chad!

Ichika's blush in the library made my day.
BradyLE__Feb 11, 2021 9:21 AM
Feb 11, 2021 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, pressure is on for the exam. I mean, yeah they don't have good grades but it's so important to pass this time.

The Yotsuba and Fuutarou segment on the ferris wheel was entertaining. She's still cheerful although also realizes the circumstances of their current issue. Seems this episodes serve more as a buildup and with less comedy than usual.
Feb 11, 2021 9:19 AM
Sep 2019
Her mother so beautiful

I NEED EPS 7 NOW
Feb 11, 2021 9:25 AM
Shrek

Sep 2018
Ichika besto, ez clap
Feb 11, 2021 9:26 AM

Jun 2019
Manja_Warior said:
Ichika besto, ez clap

❤️ Big facts. Big big facts! Loved it.
Feb 11, 2021 9:29 AM

May 2011
Obviously they would pass for the sake of the story but... how are these exactly passing scores? Lowest passing score I've seen even in the most lenient public schools was at least 50 per subject... Plus this is just scores for their "final exam" right? So even in the off chance that these scores are indeed "passing" then if you compute their average for the entire school year they still would have failed by a huge margin to go up a grade. If they were geniuses that perfected every exam til now then yes even if they flunk the finals they can pass, but as this anime shows they failed everything except for the final exam...

Feb 11, 2021 9:32 AM

Jun 2019
ImmortalZero said:
Obviously they would pass for the sake of the story but... how are these exactly passing scores? Lowest passing score I've seen even in the most lenient public schools was at least 50 per subject... Plus this is just scores for their "final exam" right? So even in the off chance that these scores are indeed "passing" then if you compute their average for the entire school year they still would have failed by a huge margin to go up a grade. If they were geniuses that perfected every exam til now then yes even if they flunk the finals they can pass, but as this anime shows they failed everything except for the final exam...

I need to go to the school they go to but they are obviously EXTREMELY lenient on this scoring lol
Feb 11, 2021 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
ooh another interesting episode, so the quints mom was a teacher? thats pretty interesting, cool to see that itsuki is also aiming to be one too. also just realized but no opening this episode? miku making chocolate for uesugi was pretty cute, also might be wrong but i’m pretty sure this is the first time miku confessed her feelings for fuutarou. that scene on the ferris wheel with yotsuba was really nice, interesting and quite wholesome backstory for the sisters. nice that they all passed the test too, its finally looking like this stuff is all gonna work out.

these chibis are too cute too
removed-userFeb 11, 2021 10:42 AM
Feb 11, 2021 11:30 AM

Oct 2017
The quints take the exam and they all passed with Ichika getting the highest score, attagirl. She worked hard and deserved it.

Yotsuba and Fuutarou's ferriswheel moment was sweet and we got top tier Miku fanservice too.
Feb 11, 2021 12:21 PM

Sep 2019
Can't believe Ichika got the highest score among them even though she has her acting to do.
Feb 11, 2021 12:28 PM
Jun 2014
Dear anime only Ichika fans.
Enjoy this episode to your hearts' content. Based on the pacing, either at Episode 9 or 10, you will need your whiteknights at full force.

Dear anime only Nino fans.
You will spectacularly eat well in the next episode for about 6 minutes or half the episode at max. Afterwards? Barely, but the beginning will be definitely strong to say the least.

ZeroTwo__002 said:
Can't believe Ichika got the highest score among them even though she has her acting to do.

This started the author's subversion fetish or it actually became obvious he has a fetish like this. It's not completely out of the blue, but the sole purpose of it was to stall Miku's confession, who was the undisputed fan favorite in the manga, so you gotta throw obstacles in front of her, otherwise she peaks quickly and readers lose interest before the manga starts blooming in popularity. IIRC these chapters came out before S1 started airing.
SogiitaGunhaFeb 11, 2021 12:35 PM
Feb 11, 2021 1:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ZeroTwo__002 said:

It's pretty clear (also from the manga) that she is easily one of the most talented of the sisters as well as having a killer work ethic. Yotsuba on the other hand is thicker than a rock.

ImmortalZero said:

Yeah, that school seems to be very permissive, doesn't it? Maybe those scores are not out of a 100? Where I went to school, 59 out of a 100 meant dumping the subject.

Next episode is going to be gooood.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 11, 2021 1:29 PM

Mar 2019
the "Fuutarou war" will be decided with tests score now...but luckily all passed at least. I really wish them all happiness but life is cruel sometimes...

Anyway their mother is beautiful as well, no wonder her daugthers are beauties

and indeed I dunno how the scores are calculated tbh...passing with only 184/500(?) points?? = 36,8% is enough already...
Feb 11, 2021 1:38 PM

Jun 2019
It looks like shit will start getting real next episode. I think they did a decent job building up to the girls passing their finals, with them teaching each other the obvious next step to get them there. I feel like it spreads itself too thin with Uesugi and all of the girls though. It was better when they had blocks of screentime. Now that they are all free to gun for him it will be interesting to see how it’s handled.
Feb 11, 2021 1:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's a pretty harsh backstory for Yotsuba, she was the only one who failed the exams, but it's heartwarming to see that all the sisters followed her.
Also Itsuki seems to be really affected by her mother's death, weird that she's the only one that goes monthly on their mother's grave, that quick backstory about her was quite interesting with her student being here, and instantly recognized Itsuki because she's very similar to her mother's look.
They were all both students and teachers, and it was actually a really nice way to learn and help the other sisters, I guess they really gained self-confidence by doing that, especially for Yotsuba who really thought she was dumb and useless :/
And great news at the end, they all succeeded, Miku wanted to be the best one to finally confess to Usegi but seems like Ichika didn't want that and surpassed herself to be the first, wow this is totally getting interesting, now only Nino is needed for them to finally celebrate their success.
Really good episode, I can't wait for the next one.
Feb 11, 2021 1:48 PM

Jul 2017
Yep, let's prove it to dad that the girls can do it, with some push from the right person. I like Fuutarou's spirit.

Every other quints was focusing about thinking to pass/get better scores, and there's Nino, whose mind still revolving around her realization of liking Fuutarou himself. Oh man,[spoiler]can't wait to watch the adaptation of her confession alr X(.

Another dynamic rival duo scene, Miku wants to do her best to make something that will make Fuutarou amaze, by her own hands, I like her ambition. And she does the right choice of putting off the pride and seek for the Chef of the quints. Really love their moments like these. These two are truly some of the best girls of the series.

Yotsuba time to shine now, the pressure is so real on her shoulders, she no longer can bear holding the sisters down, but yes, doesn't matter how stupid she is, she must have that one subject she is quite decent at, and Fuutarou noticed it. This will gain her confidence and spirit even more now. Passing no longer sound impossible, don't you think?

Very great episode. All girls are shining there. Congrats for passing!

Feb 11, 2021 2:05 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Their dad's demands are as unreasonable as ever huh but at the same time it sets an effective challenge for Futaro and the girls. Futaro's determination to make them pass sure had a surprisingly menacing feel to it as well. It sure was interesting hearing about the girls mother from one of her former students though. From the description she sure was one hell of a teacher and person. It must have taken Miku some degree of confidence to ask Nino for help in making the perfect chocolate though. While cramming is indeed bad a trip to a theme park sure is rather excessive as rewards go. Using the sisters to teach others their strongest subjects sure was a creative idea. Looks like the final exams have also kicked things into high gear for the girls romance wise as well. But im glad that in the end their efforts were rewarded by their passing of the finals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2021 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
BradyLE__ said:
Manja_Warior said:
Ichika besto, ez clap

Yep! Straight up best girl from ep1/ch1...Ichika is #1, none of the others are close to being a Chiquita banana!
Other girls rise and fall like Miku and Nino, other girls stay at the bottom like Itsuki and some never make it on the list in the first place....Yotsuba.
Collins89Feb 11, 2021 2:14 PM
Feb 11, 2021 2:10 PM

Apr 2020
This is a really good episode, I love it.
I felt bad for Yotsuba at the beginning because she was the only one that failed the exam in her previous school, but I’m very happy that she passed the exam at the end.
This is probably my favourite episode so far (I kept saying that for every episode I discussed lol, they’re all so good)

I’m looking forward to episode 7 👍
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 11, 2021 2:14 PM

Jan 2021
Yay, they did it, they all passed the exam :D
Miko trying to make chocolate was very cute!
Ichika was incredible in this chapter

I was waiting for the Spanish sub, but when it came out, crunchyroll made it out of sync so I had to see it in English ;-;
Clas1ckFeb 12, 2021 5:40 AM
Feb 11, 2021 2:14 PM

Jun 2019
Collins89 said:
BradyLE__ said:

Yep! Straight up best girl from ep1/ch1...Ichika is #1, none of the others are close.
Other girls rise and fall like Miku and Nino, other girls stay at the bottom like Itsuki and some never make it on the list in the first place....Yotsuba.

Idk who are you, but I love you 😂
Feb 11, 2021 2:18 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh man so the battle is just beginning. This episode really gave us some moments with each of the girls; except nino, is she getting special treatment for the next episode??

Not sure if what I keep seeing is a spoiler as for who fuutaro kun ends up with, but if it's true, I'm super disappointed. That chick is like dead last on my list, like literally not in the same league for me. Maybe as the story progresses I'll change my mind, but right now I'm literally like, wtf.

For me so far, ichika has the best moments with fuutaro and is currently my ship. Miku as an individual is best girl no question, but I don't really dig that ship; she's for us fanboys!!! Nino is just classic tsundere and I'm not that interested in her character- only for her to overcome her tsundere-ness. Itsuki WAS my ship but she's super basic and is only there to blush whenever fuutaro is around. Sure it's really kawaii, but ichika just feels more special

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 11, 2021 2:19 PM
Oct 2020
No OP? we reaching re zero levels now.
Feb 11, 2021 2:35 PM
Aug 2020
Another amazing episode blablabla WHO CARES NEXT EPISODE IS GONNA BE AMAZING JUST WAIT FOR IT
Feb 11, 2021 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
BradyLE__ said:
Collins89 said:

Yep! Straight up best girl from ep1/ch1...Ichika is #1, none of the others are close.

Idk who are you, but I love you 😂

Thanks my guy, I'm just a man spitting truths.
Some people might get big mad from what I say but I say it anyway.

Ichika is like a nice steak dinner in a fancy bistro you want to eat all the time cuz it just that good.
Miku and Nino are a couple of your fav meals at the local family restaurant you get a craving for every now and then.
Itsuki is the like your go-to order at the fast food restaurant on the corner for when you just need a quick bite.
Yotsuba is like a shitty Chinese buffet where you know the meat is just the cats they grabed from the alley out back..... You're just not gonna go!
Feb 11, 2021 2:42 PM
Jan 2020
LudvigBan said:
Another amazing episode blablabla WHO CARES NEXT EPISODE IS GONNA BE AMAZING JUST WAIT FOR IT

IKR? I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT
Feb 11, 2021 3:12 PM
Mar 2020
Nino potential thrown out of the window she made the unforgivable sin known to man kind making miku cry
Feb 11, 2021 3:14 PM
Aug 2016
ICHIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Goddamn she was qt af this whole episode uwu
I really wish they hadn't left out this scene from the manga, it shows the contrast between Fuutaro and and the other two's reaction to Ichika's hand..

I also preferred the manga's approach in playing the events from each quint's side, it made it more interesting, they kinda mixed all the sides together and played them chronologically, which is fine too. Next episode should adapt events from Nino's side.. HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!

Back to this episode, Ichika knew Miku was planing to confess to Fuutaro had she got the highest score, but she still worked her ass off to be first cause she can no longer stay passive in the Fuutaro bowl, her strong feelings for him overthrew her sacrificial attitude toward her sisters.

Also the "Yay" scene was way more impactful in the manga, just look at Ichika's expression..

I expected her to feel bad for Miku since she robbed her of her chance to confess to Fuutaro, but nope, she was more like..

I love it!!! LET THE CONQUEST BEGIN!!!
ClickBaitBusterFeb 11, 2021 9:44 PM
Feb 11, 2021 3:16 PM

Apr 2020
ImmortalZero said:

You need 30 to pass a class...150/500 is the most lowest you can possibly get and still pass

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Feb 11, 2021 3:22 PM
Aug 2020
I guess I’m the only one that likes all of em and refuses to choose between the quintuplets lmao.
真通
Feb 11, 2021 3:38 PM

Sep 2020
Next week .. hehehe
Feb 11, 2021 4:07 PM

Feb 2016
Holly molly Yotsuba long hair
Feb 11, 2021 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
sweetmatsuu said:
I guess I’m the only one that likes all of em and refuses to choose between the quintuplets lmao.

Sir you have balls of steel.....a brain the size of a pea, cause how can you not see Ichika/Nino is best girl.....but man, baaallllllsss of steel.

Also I only have two memes for a statement this bonkers!

Vaya con dios mi amigo!
Collins89Feb 11, 2021 4:38 PM
Feb 11, 2021 4:45 PM

Dec 2015
Please, dont follow the manga D:

#IchikaTeam
Feb 11, 2021 4:47 PM
Aug 2020
Collins89 said:
sweetmatsuu said:

Sir you have balls of steel.....a brain the size of a pea, cause how can you not see Ichika/Nino is best girl.....but man, baaallllllsss of steel.

Vaya con dios mi amigo!

——

Hm, interesting. I have a 4.0 in one of the best OHS schools in the United States. Yet, you have the act to tell me I have a ‘pea sized brain’ based on simply one of my fictional opinions I stated publicly. Though I do appreciate the memes; just because I have a different opinion doesn’t mean you need to go clowning on me.

I can backup my opinion on why I like all of the quintuplets if you’d like.
真通
Feb 11, 2021 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
sweetmatsuu said:
Collins89 said:

Vaya con dios mi amigo!

——

Hm, interesting. I have a 4.0 in one of the best OHS schools in the United States. Yet, you have the act to tell me I have a ‘pea sized brain’ based on simply one of my fictional opinions I stated publicly. Though I do appreciate the memes; just because I have a different opinion doesn’t mean you need to go clowning on me.

I can backup my opinion on why I like all of the quintuplets if you’d like.

Nah I'm good dude, I can see how Harem ending would be cool. And I'd be fine with that.

Also I thought between the way I wrote my words and the memes and stuff, that you'd see it was just a light-hearted statement made in jest.
I do forget tone and intent is hard to show in text format....so my apologies for any offense I caused you.
Collins89Feb 11, 2021 5:01 PM
Feb 11, 2021 5:21 PM

Nov 2017
Was it just me,or did anyone else feel REALLY good after that episode?
It was so damned heartwarming I think I got heartburn :)

Or maybe Miku's moments were giving me a heart attack :)
Feb 11, 2021 5:29 PM

Mar 2020
Somehow, just somehow...the girls were able to pass.
Feb 11, 2021 5:46 PM

Jan 2018
Starhammer said:
Was it just me,or did anyone else feel REALLY good after that episode?
It was so damned heartwarming I think I got heartburn :)

Or maybe Miku's moments were giving me a heart attack :)

The Miku was strong with this episode..... which made the end sting....

Ichika killing dreams.....
Feb 11, 2021 5:51 PM
Jul 2020
Are you gonna tell me I'm the only one that feels this episode is butchered??
I feel like so many things happened here in so quick succession, no breathing time no emotion.
Bro I love love this anime and it's characters but I just felt I had the X2 player on wtf is this?
Feb 11, 2021 6:16 PM

Dec 2019
Miku is the only one I'm rooting for but it's great that the other girls passed but I'm shocked by the low score they got. Just wished Nino wasn't always acting like a kid tho. I wanna see Miku's confession please!!
Feb 11, 2021 8:05 PM
Feb 2020
This episode felt very rushed and badly paced compared to the rest of the series anyone else feeling this way?
Feb 11, 2021 8:14 PM

May 2020
CrossBlack said:
Miku is the only one I'm rooting for but it's great that the other girls passed but I'm shocked by the low score they got. Just wished Nino wasn't always acting like a kid tho. I wanna see Miku's confession please!!

no need because theres plenty of doujin for it hahahhahha it will come prob later
Feb 11, 2021 8:47 PM

May 2020
Great episode as usual. 5/5 for me.

Glad that everyone passed the exam.
BUT, Miku's was not the highest score that she expected.

I guess something good is going to happen in the next episode.
Feb 11, 2021 8:54 PM

Jan 2016
Oh? Miku and Ichika just openly started a love war against each other lol And Ichika demonstrated that she is not willing to lose at all :P

Also... How the hell are those a 'pass'? Even for plot convenience that's quite low! xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 11, 2021 9:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
Dear anime only Ichika fans.
Enjoy this episode to your hearts' content. Based on the pacing, either at Episode 9 or 10, you will need your whiteknights at full force.

Funny you say this, although Ichika isn’t quite my best girl (it’s still Miku as of now lol) she’s a very close 2nd, but I’ve heard about this thing with Ichika and I’ve always said I’ll find a way to defend her lol.

And yes, great episode, I’m surprised we got to the exams that fast but I know there’s plenty more of this series to come. A lot of good Ichika and Miku bits, as well as the Yotsuba scene, I personally have been starved for more Ichika and Yotsuba content, as I said in the last episode’s post, so this was good.
Feb 11, 2021 9:26 PM

Apr 2020
PolciaSmolcia said:
Holly molly Yotsuba long hair

I wanna look her from front view. She just so cute long or short hair.
Feb 11, 2021 10:08 PM
Mar 2015
Hooray The girls all passed the final exam
Feb 11, 2021 10:25 PM

Apr 2015
Even when I read the manga, I never understood how these scores are passing scores. Either way, Ichika got out on top, but Miku wasn't far behind.

Now scrambled eggs arc will come up in the next few episodes. This is what I have been looking forward to, cause this arc is still somewhat confusing to me.. Hopefully the Anime makes me less confused and really curious how they are gonna execute this arc.
Feb 11, 2021 10:31 PM

Jul 2017
If anything, Dr. Nakano's confontation with the sisters only reinforces Fuutarou's role in the Nakano sisters' lives even more. BTW, if this episode feels somewhat haphazard, this is 5 chapters of "The Last Exam" mini-arc mixed around, each pertaining to the Nakano sisters.

With the final exams in typical fashion, both Miku and Ichika already declaring the "love" war so fast? As if the making of chocolates is as usual standard fare, trying to get the "first come, first served" treatment, no one's gonna wait for the opportune moment, and the first to declare is the winner.

Ichiika asking Shimoda, one of the students that Ms. Nakano used to be taught by, and giving some motivation.

The more fascination that Ichika has with Fuutarou, be it work or rest, the love certainly is blooming.

Yotsuba trying her best to study even during rest-time, but being the dumbest of the sisters, the pressure is on to deliver from her side. I'm beginning to feel an inkling that Yotsuba gaining (about) the most screentime this episode is in reference to the manga's ending.

The passing score of 30+, well...that was kinda unrealistic.

The 2nd half is where the Quintuplets' love battle will start reeling into Fuutarou's life, for good or for worse.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

269 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:23 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

214 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:22 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

202 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 14, 8:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

191 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 9:52 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

222 by 98Guan »»
Aug 23, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.