Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2021 4:45 AM

Mar 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 23:00 (JST) This thread is now unlocked.

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeJan 20, 2021 6:14 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jan 20, 2021 6:17 AM

Apr 2020
So the scar that was on Garfiel's face was created because he hit his own head against the wall

Poor Garfiel, after being hit by Subaru, after that Patrasche also hit him, good hit Patrasche, lmao

I'm glad Otto is fine

Garfiel's taking the test ?! Garfiel's mom is so beautiful

Garfiel has a nice smile

Yo Echidna, long time no see
Jan 20, 2021 6:42 AM

Jan 2021
No OP & ED, again.

pain.

But damn. I didn't expect that his invisible hand would be that long.
Jan 20, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2020
HOLY FUCK 29 Minutes?! WF we don't deserve your generousness. Another emotionally packed episode!

Still no OP and ED, which is quite sad, but damn did they go all out again! I wonder if we'll ever go below 27 minutes of runtime in even one episode.
GilgameshuuJan 20, 2021 6:54 AM
Jan 20, 2021 6:45 AM
Nov 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
Another emotionally packed episode!

Still no OP and ED, which is quite sad.

I guess next ep will surely have op or ed something.
Jan 20, 2021 6:48 AM

Jan 2017

The scene I was waiting for. FINALLY!

Also, now you know why Subaru broke the promise with Emilia.

swirlydragonJan 20, 2021 7:00 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jan 20, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2019
Let’s be honest. We are probably not gonna see the opening this season
Jan 20, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
Well...that cross scar on your face, outta family conflicting self-infliction is it, Garf-boy?

Emilia and Subaru made it out of the temple, and Garfiel being coerced by Subaru of the same trial that both of them went through: their own traumatic past, and coming to terms with it...the brother himself, sister Frederica, their mother and the original loli Ryuzu. To find happiness, easier said than done.

Using Frederica's gemstone that Puck's spirit resides in, Subaru manages to trap Garfiel's beast powers, leaving both in a one-on-one fist fight. And by the power of Petelgeuse's and (surprisingly) Patrasche, a sleight of hand to knock Garfiel senseless. What a fight of words, wits and brawn.

Well, glad that Otto is still alive, and Ram half-caring for Garfiel, guess he got what he deserved for defying all odds. The only way to salvage all of this is by going through the Trial of the past: the moments of his mother (which looks damn beautiful) to find their father before her untimely death outside Sanctuary. To keep on living with a smile. There, one instance of Garfiel having a heart!

"All's well that ends well" is all I can say about this episode, all the trouble since the meeting of the Witches of Sin, Echidna and the Trials, have finally come to a close...ALMOST. Time to head back to whence they came from, and Subaru freaking out for Garfiel being younger than he is, at least he is like a younger brother.

Emilia clearing the last of the Trials, and being summoned towards Echidna's way. The Witch's Daughter...the Frozen Witch, confidence girl.
KANLen09Jan 20, 2021 11:17 AM
Jan 20, 2021 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
ExcaliburAO said:
i think they made new opening just for previews :(
Jan 20, 2021 7:04 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Hahaha. No OP and ED again.
I’m glad I heard Pack’s voice again <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2021 7:05 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
ExcaliburAO said:

Totally agree with you. Hahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2021 7:09 AM

Oct 2017
Garfiel's backstory was beautiful and we finally know the truth behind his mom. She just wanted to get their father back but fate was cruel with her.

Poor Garfiel, the moment he woke up Ram pushed him from her laps. Also lmao so he's just a chuuni huh, a lot of stuff makes sense now.

Time for Emilia to pass the trial and we finally see Echidna in this cour. She was sulking that Subaru and Emilia kissed, that was cute. Also lol Emilia's Subaru pose was hilarious.
MegamiRemJan 23, 2021 6:02 AM
Jan 20, 2021 7:33 AM

Dec 2012
NO OP and ED again
POGGERS

Jan 20, 2021 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
damnnn, it took a whole season and a half for subaru to finally get powers but damn that scene was wroth it. the production team did an amazing job on the scene, the animation was beautiful and ost was timed perfectly
Jan 20, 2021 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
"I will become a barrier"

Jesus Christ, you can hear the emotions erupt in that scene from Garfiel. No theme songs (well not including the insert songs) usually means serious business. The VA that protrayed Garfiel this episode did a great job expressing his character.

Jan 20, 2021 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
I love how Emilia was just silent the entire time Subaru and Garf were just doing that lmao. Next week is gonna be so lit, I can't wait.
Jan 20, 2021 7:57 AM

Oct 2015
Damn I didnt expect Ram x garf scenes turn so nice. And finally Subaru got the power.
Jan 20, 2021 8:02 AM
Jan 2021
another 10/10 episode and my god I love Emilia so much. Cant wait for the next ep.
Jan 20, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
Again no OP and ED (are we going to see it this season?)

That final scene, when Emilia challenged Echidna, was perfect.
The next episode should be fire!
Jan 20, 2021 8:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The choice of music when Garfiel punched Subaru and he got punched back was pretty unfortunate in my opinion. That kind of up tempo song with loud vocals was very distracting and kind of took away my sense of awe at the situation. It would have been much, much better with no music at all actually.

Why does everyone get so worked up about no OP or ED? We're getting more content for our buck, not a bad thing in my book.

Echidna is back. That makes me strangely pleased.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2019
Sometimes I wonder why White Fox even give Re:Zero an OP and ED just never to use them lol.

30 minute episode though, my God. They really love this series and it shows. I think the Garfiel trial was handled excellently. This was the part of arc 4 that really changed my perception of him and made me like him a lot more. Garf calls Subaru “boss” in the anime, but in the LN it’s “general” I can live with it tho.

And now we’re at the end of volume 13. That introduction Emilia gives to Dona is the final page of the book and I remember having goosebumps reading it, because it shows how much Subaru has rubbed off on her.

Next week, pain.
Jan 20, 2021 8:07 AM
Apr 2017
Farabeuf said:
The choice of music when Garfiel punched Subaru and he got punched back was pretty unfortunate in my opinion. That kind of up tempo song with loud vocals was very distracting and kind of took away my sense of awe at the situation. It would have been much, much better with no music at all actually.

Why does everyone get so worked up about no OP or ED? We're getting more content for our buck, not a bad thing in my book.

I agree about the more content time but people want to see the OP and ED at least once before the show ends haha.
Jan 20, 2021 8:08 AM
Sep 2020
HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD!
Still no OP or ED tho but i guess we are used to that now

Jan 20, 2021 8:10 AM

Apr 2019
so much cahracter development for garfield in this episode. Emilia attempts the trial, hopefully for the last time now.

Jan 20, 2021 8:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Garfiel is only 13 years old xD
The confrontation between Subaru and Garfiel was absolutely incredible + that whole past part too, 10/10 episode once again
Jan 20, 2021 8:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
foxyahoo said:
Farabeuf said:

I agree about the more content time but people want to see the OP and ED at least once before the show ends haha.

Pretty sure they're saving it for a special moment. We'll be impressed when it comes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2021 8:12 AM
Dec 2020
This ep was a fricking masterpiece, all the characters were great, Garf as officially joined in the rank of best bois, I loved everything about this ep.
Jan 20, 2021 8:15 AM
Dec 2019
When the music played when subaru talked about moving forward was so cool, it seems like garfs one of the bois now. Emelia being the witch's daughter rules out her being Satella I guess, another banger of an episode
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 20, 2021 8:15 AM
Dec 2019
Megumin vibes from Emelia this episode
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 20, 2021 8:16 AM

Jun 2019
Aww... got to know more about Garfield's past which was pretty sad. It made me cry a little.
Ram was adorable this episode as well the OST was beautiful this episode. I genuinely saw a cute Ram smile for the first time in this show.
Jan 20, 2021 8:16 AM

Jul 2017
Garfiel's story is surely deep, great job from Emilia and specially Subaru, even tho the first talk didn't really go through perfectly, exchanging fists did, truly suited the both of them hahaha.
And Subaru got a well-deserved lap-pillow for that.

Awww, Emilia and Subaru planned a date after all the stuffs are done, can't wait for that to happen, will they date after this? I wish they do, that would be so awesome.

Emilia showdown vs Echida, confident Emilia is truly the best Emilia, such a strong girl, although insufferable

Emilia is the best girl

Mod Edit: Added image tags; please only one screenshot per post.
anime-primeJan 20, 2021 9:23 AM
Jan 20, 2021 8:18 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, a 30 minute episode. No OP & ED but it's good to have more content.

I have a lot of respect for Garfiel after this episode. Subaru's confrontation with him was great. Now he calls Subaru his boss.

We got to see Echidna at the end. :)

Jan 20, 2021 8:21 AM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
That was so great and impactful and that last scene where emilia sees the love letters is <3
EMT

Jan 20, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2014
Kumo- said:
I HAD NO IDEA EMILIA WAS ALSO A WICH WTF
Well, it shouldn't be a spoiler because she introduced herself as Witch of Glaciation before.

If you're talking about Echidna calling her witch's daughter, then no one, even LN readers, know what she meant. There are some interesting theories, tho :)
Jan 20, 2021 8:24 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Fantastic episode. White Fox really doing the source justice by still using up OP and ED time for the show itself. A whole 29 mins!

I love how this whole episode was practically dedicated to Garfiel. The performance from his VA was absolutely top notch as he and Subaru confronted each other. Seeing Garfiel confront his past was very sweet, and to then come to a realization of what he should be really doing was just all around great.

Also bonus points for Patrasche tackling Garf and now it's Emilia's turn to do the trial again.

I'm very hyped for the next episode.

Jan 20, 2021 8:27 AM

Oct 2018
My boy Barusu with his Johnny Sins purple chinchin uppercutting Garf like a true one-thrust-man.

Jan 20, 2021 8:29 AM
Jan 2019
What did Garf see when he said he saw Subaru desperate?
Jan 20, 2021 8:32 AM
Sep 2020
GulielmusPrime said:

He meant his kiss with emilia
Jan 20, 2021 8:35 AM
Oct 2018
This was such an emotional roller coaster episode!

White fox outdid themselves !

I started to like gar-bo more as a character after this episode, and also that conversation of Echidna and emilia-tan was HYPE AF BOI!
[/url]
Jan 20, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
GulielmusPrime said:
when Subaru was doing his thing with emilia in the graveyard
Jan 20, 2021 8:36 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was my favourite out of the 3. They're just getting better. From Garfiel's arc to the ending with emilia being revealed as the "witches daughter". What I don't understand yet is that emilia called herself a witch, but that's one of those things that'll make the series more anticipating ig. Also echidna being a bitch is a real surprise, but I fully welcome it. This episode was REALLY good, one of my favourites in the whole franchise
Jan 20, 2021 8:37 AM
Nov 2020
GulielmusPrime said:
the kiss probably
Jan 20, 2021 8:39 AM
Nov 2020
Soupisekaitrash said:
When the music played when subaru talked about moving forward was so cool, it seems like garfs one of the bois now. Emelia being the witch's daughter rules out her being Satella I guess, another banger of an episode

Idk she might end out being the jealous witch in the end. Ive not read the LN so Im not sure but I think its a good idea to keep that theory in your mind
Jan 20, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2018
Kumo- said:
GulielmusPrime said:

He meant his kiss with emilia

no , subaru wrote all those things in the tomb when he ditch Emilia's promise.
[/url]
Jan 20, 2021 8:42 AM

Nov 2014
Plus Ultra!

Finally Invisible Providence has been animated and I can talk about it without spoiling people!
Amazing episode as usual. They adapted Garf's trial pretty damn well. So Garf is just a chuunibyou lmao. Emilia finally revealed her identity. Wonder whose daughter she is? (Satella?) Also, Patrasche best girl!
ttcchenJan 20, 2021 9:00 AM
Jan 20, 2021 8:42 AM

Jan 2019
Damn the animation improved a lot and this episode was full of action and cool moments. That's what are we talking about.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jan 20, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2017
Subaru's first Authority lesgo!! The three good boyes (Subaru + Otto + Garf) backstories are done, time for the main heroine to conquer her past!
Jan 20, 2021 8:45 AM

Dec 2012
Garf blushing.
And what a revelation at the end WTF!

Jan 20, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2020
Ohhh Yes!!!!!! New Episode!
OMG! LET'S FUCKING GO!!!

Emilia is doing the thing:

OMG! Echidna. Long time no see

Lmao, look at Echidna's face:

Anyways, this was a really really really good episode. We finally got to see Subaru use his『Invisible Providence』, we got to see Garf's past and OMG! Smol Frederica is just sooo cute!!!!

Ok, an ACTUAL SPOILER NOW:

Loved this one, but again, I'm fucking upset because they didn't show us the new OP or ED.
Damn it!
LN/WN Changes, I don't wanna talk about it honestly, they were minor. Nothing important.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Jan 20, 2021 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
Episode was good. Perfect production.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

19 by QcDiablo »»
Today, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.