Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 26, 7:03 AM
Feb 2023
Although both parts are adaptations of the same arc, focused entirely on the sanctuary, the 2 parts differ greatly in the events

The first part when everything goes wrong for Subaru, the second when everything goes right, I rarely see anyone evaluating both equally, which part did you like more?

Polite comments please guys
castle2001May 26, 8:37 AM
May 26, 7:39 AM
Jan 2021
Equally great. Although Part 2 has higher highs and both have amazing reveals
May 26, 7:55 AM
Jul 2023
P2 with all the action and reveals
May 26, 9:20 AM
Jun 2021
I think I can understand why both parts might appeal to different fans. Part 1 was a thrilling ride, with Subaru facing one obstacle after another, and it was a great showcase of his determination and resilience. It was also a great opportunity to explore the darker aspects of the Sanctuary and the consequences of Subaru's actions.

On the other hand, Part 2 was a breath of fresh air, with Subaru finally finding some success and happiness. It was wonderful to see him connect with the characters on a deeper level and experience some well-deserved moments of triumph. The second part also gave us some much-needed answers to questions that had been building up since the start of the season.

Personally, I think I preferred Part 2 more, but only slightly. I loved seeing Subaru's happy moments and the sense of accomplishment he felt after overcoming his challenges. However, I also appreciated the emotional depth and complexity of Part 1, and I think it's an important part of the story as a whole.

I think both parts have their own strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. What about you, OP? Did you have a favorite part of Season 2?
May 26, 9:57 AM
Dec 2022
both are same, but prefer pat 2 from season 2,
because iam not a mascot,
May 26, 11:39 AM
Apr 2017
I'd have to go with Pt.1. Nothing beats episode 4 for me or the Roswaal reveal.
May 26, 12:54 PM
Sep 2018
Part 1 had the best episode (Parent & Child) but overall the Beatrice arc carried Part 2 high above the rest!
May 26, 2:51 PM
Dec 2021
Yes, of course.

The Pacing is improve!

Very nice adaptation and Visually nice!
speedranime_May 26, 2:57 PM
May 26, 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
Both felt underwhelming, compared to Season 1, and had pacing issues. After my friend told me how the scenes I disliked felt like in the light novel, it was just sad to hear how anime turned some emotional and important for the lore moments into hmm... dull pulp, lol. That being said, I enjoyed the second part more. It felt more consistent and richer in different types of content.
May 26, 3:51 PM
Mar 2019
both were bangers I love both seasons both equal
May 26, 4:54 PM

Jul 2016
Preferred season 1 imo, feels its lost itself the longer its gone on. If i had to choose ig part 1 of season 2.
May 26, 5:55 PM

Dec 2020
Dang those revelations and actions 2nd part was like godshit
May 26, 11:30 PM
Nov 2022
Adnash said:
Both felt underwhelming, compared to Season 1, and had pacing issues. After my friend told me how the scenes I disliked felt like in the light novel, it was just sad to hear how anime turned some emotional and important for the lore moments into hmm... dull pulp, lol. That being said, I enjoyed the second part more. It felt more consistent and richer in different types of content.

That’s bit of a reach. I would like some explaination to why those scenes weren’t the same as the light novel.
May 27, 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Buny0058
Adnash said:

That’s bit of a reach. I would like some explaination to why those scenes weren’t the same as the light novel.
@Buny0058 I didn't read the light novel myself, so my opinion on it relies fully on what I heard from the aforementioned friend of mine. I'm also too lazy to write down everything he said about anime vs. LN in terms of this show, but I remember him mentioning how anime prolonged irrelevant scenes with Emilia and Subaru instead of focusing on the better portrayal of what they were meant to show. I don't watch moe and it's been a while since I saw Re:Zero Season 2, but it was about that scene with Subaru and Emilia in that temple, talking and sort of confessing to each other. It felt as if the scene itself was washed out of strong emotions and too stretched in the anime.

When he shared a fragment with the very same scene as it was portrayed in the LN, then damn, it was thrice times better than what I saw in the anime. Clearly shown emotions, subtle narration, decent pacing, expressions that were not as strongly depicted in the show (despite it having more convenient format to do it, through art and animation). Funny enough, he also kinda complained about some Re:Zero fans jumping on him for saying that the source material handled it great, while the anime was just alright.

Welp, different strokes for different folks, as they say. As for me, like I said, the anime was fine, objectively speaking. Just to me, it felt underwhelming, compared to the first season and compared to what my friend, who is a fan of this franchise, told me after hearing my first thoughts after finishing watching the second season. That's all.
AdnashMay 27, 12:23 AM
May 27, 1:11 AM
Nov 2022
Adnash said:
@Buny0058 I didn't read the light novel myself, so my opinion on it relies fully on what I heard from the aforementioned friend of mine. I'm also too lazy to write down everything he said about anime vs. LN in terms of this show, but I remember him mentioning how anime prolonged irrelevant scenes with Emilia and Subaru instead of focusing on the better portrayal of what they were meant to show. I don't watch moe and it's been a while since I saw Re:Zero Season 2, but it was about that scene with Subaru and Emilia in that temple, talking and sort of confessing to each other. It felt as if the scene itself was washed out of strong emotions and too stretched in the anime.

When he shared a fragment with the very same scene as it was portrayed in the LN, then damn, it was thrice times better than what I saw in the anime. Clearly shown emotions, subtle narration, decent pacing, expressions that were not as strongly depicted in the show (despite it having more convenient format to do it, through art and animation). Funny enough, he also kinda complained about some Re:Zero fans jumping on him for saying that the source material handled it great, while the anime was just alright.

Welp, different strokes for different folks, as they say. As for me, like I said, the anime was fine, objectively speaking. Just to me, it felt underwhelming, compared to the first season and compared to what my friend, who is a fan of this franchise, told me after hearing my first thoughts after finishing watching the second season. That's all.

I hear you. I personally perfered part 1 i just think part 2 got abit stale even if it was nessecery.
May 27, 3:19 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to Adnash
@Adnash I don't know if you'll watch S3 but it will be more similar to S1 than S2, at least in action and in the characters from the capital returning.
May 28, 11:11 AM

Jan 2018
Both parts are amazing so it’s hard to pick one over the other.
May 28, 3:56 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Adnash
@Adnash that's an unfair comparison, season 1 adapted 3 arcs and season 2 adapted 1 arc, sure the pacing is faster but the cuts are just as bad if not worse than season 2.
May 28, 8:58 PM
Jun 2019
First half builds intrigue for the second half, so they’re both necessary, but personally, I fw part 1 better.
Jun 11, 7:07 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Adnash
@Adnash As a (web)novel reader I see where you're coming from, even though I really enjoyed seeing my favourite arc adapted into anime.

I read the WN of Arc 4 back then (not the LN) and was initially ravaged to see the LN cuts (not the anime cuts). The LN cut literally 35% of the word count of Arc 4 over the WN and my personal least favorite scenes of season 2 are caused by the LN changes. While apparently this lead to better pacing, the strength of that arc lies in its extensive emotional and psychological descriptions. It was for that reason that it (Arc 4 WN) was considered the best Re:Zero Arc to date back then and is still amongst the fan favorites.

That said, there was no way the anime would have been able find ways to adapt all the psychological descriptions. They were incredibly verbose and nuanced enough that without actually having them explicitely told to you (general you), you wouldn't notice most of it.

The pandemic was the nail on the coffin and caused the already slow arc to feel incredibly static.

With what we (readers) know of season 3 (the arcs themselves and the state of the studio), the issue is probably behind us at this point. The author's writing has slowly evolved to be a little less verbose (arc 4 was the worst at this) but more vivid in a way. The future seasons should have less and less trouble transcribing the emotions into animation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

618 by coelhopreto »»
Jun 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

410 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.