Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2021 4:27 AM

Mar 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 23:03 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
Koito91Mar 3, 2021 6:03 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Mar 3, 2021 6:03 AM

Jan 2017

LAKE SCENE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! OMG!!!
I also loved Fortuna wearing a hat xD
Loved Emilia's second trial. I wish this was her reality instead of what it ACTUALLY IS NOW! :(
Tappei PLEASE MAKE THIS A REALITY T.T
I want to see Emilia happy with Fortuna like she was in her second trial! But all she gets is suffering.
I wish Emilia lived with Fortuna, Arch, Geuse, etc in Elior forest forever :(
swirlydragonMar 3, 2021 6:09 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Mar 3, 2021 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
swirlydragon said:

I also loved Fortuna wearing a hat xD
Loved Emilia's second trial. I wish this was her reality instead of what it ACTUALLY IS NOW! :(
Tappei PLEASE MAKE THIS A REALITY T.T
I want to see Emilia happy with Fortuna like she was in her second trial! But all she gets is suffering.
I wish Emilia lived with Fortuna, Arch, Geuse, etc in Elior forest forever :(
"happiness reflected in the water"
Mar 3, 2021 6:29 AM

Apr 2020
Petra was very worried about Frederica

It seems like Emilia's second trial was kinda sad, spending time with Mother Fortuna, but Emilia has gotten stronger ... there's nothing to worry about.

Also I want to see the battle between Garfiel and Elsa a little longer ...
Mar 3, 2021 6:37 AM

May 2020
Ngl the animation during the Garf Vs. Elsa fight looked really weird, the 2nd Trial was great but people who were waiting for the fights might find this episode underwhelming after the great build up last episode.
Mar 3, 2021 6:59 AM

Jul 2017
The battle in Roswaal's mansion has begun to eliminate the trouble sources and save everyone else.

Subaru trying to coax Beatrice into getting out of the mansion...has only been met with criticism of fate with her fierce attachment to the Tome of Wisdom. Seeing Beatrice resign to her unrevealed, blank-state fate is just sad, and no other person is more pissed off than Subaru. If he could change Emilia from the inside out, Beatrice is another person he'd hope to save without any trouble (to which she just couldn't let go of past memories after 400 years).

I find it funny that Frederica's priority for men has always been last, as is the case with Otto.

Elsa's assistant, the Mabeast tamer Maylie Portroute has finally shown herself once again (after the brief screentime way back in Season 1, and this is WHY you MUST watch the Re:Zero Break Time short). Garfiel vs. Elsa, and Maylie vs. Frederica, it's a race of life and death.

Emilia's 2nd of 3 trials, and it's easy to imagine that her growing-up years with Geuse and Mother Fortuna would have been how things SHOULD be (that it wasn't meant to be). The WHAT IF of a parallel world: I'd wish the 3 of them lived the happy family life with the subtle romance between Geuse and Fortuna, with Emilia's cutesy innocence, plus the elves (especially Archi) and everyone else.

The look of Emilia's face with tears of joy in her suffering just shows how much her character development has strongly progressed ever since the start of Sanctuary's trials of diving into the past. Yet again, the passing of Echidna's disgusted look ever present when Emilia succeeds in overcoming her trials (P.S. that river scene was so GODDAMN beautiful of reflections), and what a massive turnaround to the usual villagers and Sancutary's townsfolk (led by Ryuzu) from hating to believing in her. The weak-turned-strong half-elf lives on to deliver even huge hurdles, a showcase of the highest magnitude.

Finally, the last of the 3 trials to go...and I'm eagerly excited to see its eventual outcome.
KANLen09Mar 3, 2021 9:41 AM
Mar 3, 2021 7:28 AM

Jan 2021
Why did they have to end it when Emilia wanted to finish her third trial...
Mar 3, 2021 7:29 AM
Dec 2017
It's kinda weird that first part is focus on escaping the mansion while it cutoff to emilia's altered memories.
Mar 3, 2021 7:33 AM

Feb 2019
And volume 15, the conclusion of arc 4, we’re finally here. Great job as usual from WF. Pretty much what I expected this ep. Elsa v garf intro was really well done, the second trial and reflection scene was great too.

I reckon next ep will be the third trial and Giltrau fight/more Garf and Elsa.
Mar 3, 2021 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty nice, they got rem at the mansion and looks like they're not dead - yet... some nice stuff with emilia here too, cant wait to see how this all turns out
Mar 3, 2021 7:45 AM

Oct 2015
nice game white fox. Really love your effort for second trial. My favorite episode so far in this season
Mar 3, 2021 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, Subaru trying to use Talk no Jutsu on Beatrice.

Not going to lie, Gabriel and Elsa's fight was a bit underwhelming. I was expecting more. At least Emilia's second trial turned out to be pretty interesting.
Mar 3, 2021 8:03 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I expected more action this week in the mansion, but instead they opted to focus mostly on Emilia. Not a huge fan of the second trial. The first one at least showed her backstory, this one was just her chatting with Fortuna and Geuse. Didn't seem like much of a trial to be honest, though I assume the third one will be the most difficult one.

Some CGI this episode for the beasts. They weren't terrible, but for the amount of time they were on screen and the amount of motion they had, which was almost none, it was a little weird that they chose to animate them in wonky CGI.

It was funny how Elsa and Garf went back and forth from having scrapes from battle to being unscathed a second later. I mean, it's common in anime and even outside of anime, but it was particularly amusing here.

Mar 3, 2021 8:03 AM

Dec 2020
this ep was very good, I expect so much from the next .
Mar 3, 2021 8:05 AM
Oct 2017
TRASH.

Just give me the action already. Too much useless dialogue in the trial.
Mar 3, 2021 8:06 AM

Jul 2014
swirlydragon said:

Here is a full HD version for those who want it (for whatever reason :) )

And one other too :)
Mar 3, 2021 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
That first half was super intense, followed by a lesser but still impactful second half. I'm so proud of Emilia.

Guess we can call Geuse is more a D-D--DAD to Emilia here lol.
Mar 3, 2021 8:07 AM

Jun 2019
Emilia's second trial part was pretty good.
The fight between Elsa and Garfiel was too short and disappointing to me since I was looking forward to it. But, all in all, the episode was good indeed.
Looking forward to the last trial.
Mar 3, 2021 8:14 AM

Jan 2019
gianni said:
TRASH.

Since when Re:Zero had "ACTION" in tags?

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Mar 3, 2021 8:17 AM
Jan 2021
gianni said:
TRASH.

If you don't like the dialogue, then stop watching lol
Mar 3, 2021 8:21 AM

Oct 2016
Surprisingly i'm not satisfied with the episode. Especially garf vs elsa...
There's some dialogue i like.
"Women and children, elderly, men and finally otto"... lmao poor otto
I still like emilia's second trial.
And this is what u called development for character. emilia really had grown really well...
The last thing about, echidna's tears? was questionable. but i like her face.
SaomiiMar 3, 2021 8:24 AM
YES
Mar 3, 2021 8:22 AM
Oct 2018
gianni said:
TRASH.

DROP it this show is not for you
Mar 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Jan 2017
mozgow said:

And one other too :)

Thanks a lot <3
I love this xD

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Oct 2017
titan_fullbuster said:
gianni said:
TRASH.

yo man, stop gatekeeping anime, its cringe.

Mar 2020
Re zero is a fucking master piece
check out odd taxi
Mar 3, 2021 8:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another extremely great episode.
Too bad that Subaru is having a hard time convincing Beatrice and seems like it isn't working so far but I'm sure he'll succeed later.
Also for the fights part in the mansion, it's still quite tense but Garfiel was 100% epic with the sword between his teeth, and it seems like Frederica has a new opponent "Meili" and I don't think we saw her before, she's gonna be annoying I'm sure.
And it's nice to see Rem's face again xD I miss her in the show.
The best part was definitely Emilia's 2nd trial, even though it was really sad for her to see that life with Fortuna and Geuse but well she's accepted how the events turned in her life and who she's now, I loved when she's described the strong points of most of the character, I swear she has one of the best character development I've ever seen.
Now that she succeded, there is only one trial left, I can't wait to see it.
Mar 3, 2021 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
The fight to escape the mansion continues.

The way Beatrice kicked Subaru out of the library was funny. She didn't even let him finish what he was saying though kinda deserved it imo.

Emilia's second trial was quite interesting, seeing an alternate present where her, Fortuna, and Guess are enjoying their picnic.

I wonder why Echidna was crying.

Mar 3, 2021 8:28 AM
Oct 2017
_zrush said:
gianni said:
TRASH.

Another gatekeeper of anime. Can people not post their opinions on a public forum anymore?
Mar 3, 2021 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
swirlydragon said:

Yep, was the highlight of the episode for me despite how short it was. Emilia is sure developing greatly.
Mar 3, 2021 8:35 AM

Oct 2018
This new ending never cease to surprise me, Jesus.
It's simple, but at the same time incredible.

Unfortunately the opening is horrible
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.

Aug 2020
So Emilia has a brother, can't say I expected it.

Mar 2020
Who could have thought that emilia would become such a great character ?

Chadfiel about to destroy elsa
check out odd taxi

Oct 2015
gianni said:
titan_fullbuster said:

Man please stop trashing anime , its the real cringe
Mar 3, 2021 8:36 AM
Dec 2018
gianni said:
titan_fullbuster said:

no one is gatekeeping anything, and saying an anime "TRASH" just because the anime doesn't have action in it like you expect (which literally this anime didn't focus on that genre in the first place) doesn't mean it is a trash, please give more thoughts on your 'opinion'
Mar 3, 2021 8:37 AM

Mar 2020
Nefelupitou said:

There is no such thing as a bad re zero opening (just joking you can think whatever you want)
check out odd taxi
Mar 3, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
Damn the fight with Elsa ended so early, but we got to see Meiri fight for her instead, but yeah got cut in cliffhanger and we had to wait for the next eps again.

But it's for the greater good, now we are focusing on the 2nd trial of Emilia. Damn, what a nice world it would be, these 3 be a close-knit family together, they are so cute together, would def been living a happy life if they did end up living together . Thanks Echidna, i-it's just too beautiful, thanks for letting Emilia and us enjoyed it.

Also thanks Archie-oniichan, for being there and spoiling our Emilia.

Echidna's tears, damn. Who would have thought we would see something like this from her.

swirlydragon said:

I agree, it's so so beautiful. I could repeat this scene forever, I meant just look at it.

Not as heavy eps as I expected it would be, but still enjoyable one. Love it so much.
Emilia also look so lovely there ❤️
AikotobaMar 3, 2021 8:44 AM
Mar 3, 2021 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
Loved the second trial. They really do look like a close-knit family.
Mar 3, 2021 8:46 AM

Jan 2018
I don't usually cry over anime (or any fictional media really) but Emilia's 2nd trial really did make me tear up a bit. :(
Mar 3, 2021 8:46 AM
Dec 2020
Nice to see rem again, the mansion stuff is ok I hope it’s resolved sooner rather than later though. Emilias half was ok I kinda wish she got the mind fuck subaru got or echidna was like hold up lemme show u subarus 2nd trail but obviously that wouldn’t happen. I am pretty hyped for trail 3, a future trial? I wish we saw some of ram though and I would’ve rather had an op than the ed. Overall good episode hope next is a bit more satisfying though. No real complaints other than subaru having some cringy lines but it could be translation cringe
said the lolicon bastard
Mar 3, 2021 8:48 AM
Dec 2020
kaiki_fan_boy said:
Nefelupitou said:

There is no such thing as a bad re zero opening (just joking you can think whatever you want)

This op has really grown on me but it’s not nearly as good as the others. The standard was just too high.
said the lolicon bastard
Mar 3, 2021 8:48 AM

May 2014
Kind of abrupt to switch between the mansion and Emilia like that, but I guess we do ned to see the different perspectives. The unthinkable present was pretty short and easy for Emilia to overcome. Echidna getting a little teary eyed lol.

Looking forward to seeing how Subaru will convince Beatrice to not be such a hopeless husk.
Mar 3, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Emilia's tears tho, my heart...I can't....

Mar 3, 2021 8:49 AM

May 2020
Yet again the 29 mins seemed shorter than it should have been. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have not been pleased with lesser action and more Emilia drama scenes. But hang on, pretty sure we're gonna get more in the next 3 eps. I agree the Elsa vs Gar felt short for this ep, but for the little done I thought it was pretty decent. Also, what's with the tears on Echidna's face.

Maybe try sleeping?

Mar 3, 2021 8:50 AM
Oct 2017
Prog_upworks13 said:
gianni said:

Man please stop trashing anime , its the real cringe

Trashing it? I like the show but was this episode really needed? No. They literally start 2 fights and then make the second trial long as fuck for no reason when it provides no new information or insight on anything happening.

MorenoWP said:
gianni said:

no one is gatekeeping anything, and saying an anime "TRASH" just because the anime doesn't have action in it like you expect (which literally this anime didn't focus on that genre in the first place) doesn't mean it is a trash, please give more thoughts on your 'opinion'

See response to the above quote.
Mar 3, 2021 8:50 AM
Apr 2020
Emilia is an example about how a really good written character is, her development from a sweet comfort zone to roughly accepting what she was in the past and her actual flaws is just outstanding, her trial got me
Mar 3, 2021 8:52 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Another great episode as most have already stated.

Lot's of stuff going on, the mansion fight continued, Subaru's round two at convincing Betty, more Emilia backstory, another trial down etc.
Mar 3, 2021 8:57 AM
Jan 2021
gianni said:
TRASH.

its not trash,but yea too many useless dialogue,3/5 ep
All anime are equally bad(good).

Ladies and gentlemen and everyone in between, please join your hands with me to promote anime equality.
Mar 3, 2021 8:57 AM
Jan 2021
So Emilia faced: her past, what would've been her present I guess, and she's gonna face the future that's to come, I have a feeling that this "future" will traumatize her, but I'm hoping it won't
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Mar 3, 2021 8:59 AM

Jul 2011
Betty part was depressing.
Garfiel becoming a shield hero.
Mansion raid have still odds against Subaru team.
The lake part when Archi said about Geuse. I was like, no one told Emilia yet about the insane green-haired Bishop they killed just recently "A la Kira Yoshikage?"
Now hopefully next episode finish the last trial, because we may need hands to defend the mansion.
Am I wrong to imagine that after the barrier is down the original Ryuzu free from crystal and will be alive?
Mar 3, 2021 9:03 AM

Sep 2018
gianni said:
_zrush said:

Another gatekeeper of anime. Can people not post their opinions on a public forum anymore?

I dont think you know what "gatekeeping" means.
People can post their opinons but other people can also post their opinion on your stupid comment.
well that's just my opinion.....
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

616 by 2772510 »»
Apr 18, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

489 by Salah_og »»
Apr 8, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Best thing about Re:Zero Poll

AshTheChamp - Jan 5

27 by kecri »»
Apr 3, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jan 13, 2021

621 by haminshamin »»
Apr 3, 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.