Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The harem series is back, albeit with the same studio who did Azur Lane. We continue where the manga left off @ Chapter 33! The start of Volume 5.

Nice to see Fuutarou Uesugi and the Nakano quintuplets back once again, with the 5 girls having more affections for the main tutor MC (well, putting it simply, best girl Miku is still 1st in my Nakano ranking). The pouting is gold.

@_MushiRock11_ what a surprise for a certain someone's voice.

It'd be interesting to watch the transition of Fuutarou's past to figuring out who's the Nakano girl that impressed him during his young, rebellious age. But in the meantime, enjoy his backstory as a high school student, and the accumulative memories coming back more and more.

The Nakano sisters are back to square one (with the scores), and Uesugi is not happy, once again. But if there's one goal he's looking for: it's the destined one, and getting all 5 sisters to re-enact their handwritings...to figure out that they all got A BIG FAT 0 in their tests.

I'd think that Bibury Animation Studios did a better job than Tezuka Productions, at the expense of sharper details while sacrificing quality (not that it was impressive to begin with).

Let the guessing game roll for Uesugi, you have a long way to go to find out who is your destined girl.
KANLen09Jan 8, 2021 2:47 AM
Jan 7, 2021 9:12 AM
Oct 2020
Where is the Ep? Its not on Crunchyroll yet!
Jan 7, 2021 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
Aye, the girls visits Fuutarou Uesugi as he catches a cold and we reintroduced to the colorful cast again. It's really great to see everyone back and their personalities are as how I remember from the previous season.

Didn't take long for Fuutarou to accidentally walk into one of them after getting out of the shower.

I'd say the first episode still maintained a solid amount of character chemistry and reactions. Very entertained so far.
Jan 7, 2021 10:02 AM

Sep 2019
The quints are finally back. Sadly, they lost their great thighs but it's not as bad as it looks like on the key visual.

I love the new OP. It was a good episode. I missed the girls, it felt good to see them again. I really enjoy Gotoubun so I'm looking forward to the next episode.

NINO IS THE BEST GIRL.
Jan 7, 2021 10:05 AM

Mar 2019
Great songs, especially the OP...you can feel the parallel to the first season OP which we all loved. Potential to become seasonal best OP.

Well...detective Uesugi strikes back again! With his cleverness he managed to capture the culprit BUT not only 1,2,3,4, instead all 5!!!

I wonder if he still takes lot of pictures...great hobby.

Always knew the Shogi king will control the world one day damn...learned wrong board game hehe.

Jan 7, 2021 10:13 AM
Apr 2020
where did you watch the first ep so fast?
Jan 7, 2021 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
Finally my fav quints are back and they were as amusing as always. The new artstyle looks cool, I think I like this more than season 1 thou nothing beats the mangas artwork. Also I like both the new OP/ED.

Fuutarou's in the hospital and the quints went to met him but that was only their second purpose, RIP his feelings XD. Nothing is conincedence my man Fuutarou, it's destiny.

We got some Ichika fanservice too, even thou it was short and that Miku scene was sweet. Great start to season 2, as a manga reader I'm really excited to see upcoming stuff animated.
MegamiRemJan 8, 2021 4:52 AM
Jan 7, 2021 10:25 AM
Nov 2015
Anyone know how many and which chapters did the episode adapt?
Jan 7, 2021 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
the quints are back!! glad the opening is in the same style as the one from last season, it really fits this series well. also, was that doctor their dad..? their voices were quite similar and it'd make sense if he was a doctor since they get paid quite a lot. the flashback was pretty interesting and there's no way that was a coincidence lol, i guess they've known eachother for longer then they thought.
Jan 7, 2021 11:07 AM
Jan 2021
2077 said:
iversion said:
where did you watch the first ep so fast?

watch raws from torrent sites like nyaa or just watch it on tv
can u teach me? I can't find it
Jan 7, 2021 11:11 AM
Feb 2017
This studio is so bad lmao
Jan 7, 2021 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
Haeyqee said:
2077 said:

watch raws from torrent sites like nyaa or just watch it on tv

use google or something or just wait a while. sorry but im not risking getting banned for posting links.
Jan 7, 2021 11:30 AM
Jan 2021
2077 said:
Haeyqee said:

use google or something or just wait a while. sorry but im not risking getting banned for posting links.
I found it but why I can't open the file?
Jan 7, 2021 11:33 AM

Mar 2019
Priyansh_04 said:

Does it really look that bad already?
Jan 7, 2021 11:40 AM

Oct 2014
Not obligatory "Please read the manga, instead."

... yeah, this will need it
Jan 7, 2021 11:50 AM
Feb 2017
ZedelPilfer said:
Priyansh_04 said:

Yes but not the Studio Deen level of bad if you like the source material you might still enjoy this but the art style is sh*t compared to season 1
Jan 7, 2021 11:52 AM

Mar 2019
Priyansh_04 said:
ZedelPilfer said:

Yes but not the Studio Deen level of bad if you like the source material you might still enjoy this but the art style is sh*t compared to season 1

Damn that is disappointing to hear
Jan 7, 2021 11:56 AM

Jun 2019
Everybody complaining about the art style, but now it's more faithful to the manga.
Jan 7, 2021 12:36 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Let the guessing games begin! Fuu-kun 'bout to go on a ride now and I'm totally on board. Chapters 30 to about 70-80 or so were 10/10 material for me in the manga version and since this season is almost certain to cover at least a good portion of this, I'm pretty darn excited!

Anyway, a solid first episode. I don't think the new art style or character designs are too bad and gives off a different feeling. As to how that'd impact the viewers is another question though, lol. For the time being, I'm just about fine with it. As long as the team gets the whole "mystery" right, I'm more than satisfied. I pray that there'll be another season by the way, been saying a fair amount of rumours suggesting this'll end things off like BokuBen S2 did and that's really disappointing for me.

Fuutarou first up receiving treatment and some special "healing" after the illness from S1's finale. Good to see we're right on track from the get-go. Ichika's feelings starting to take stride and Itsuki starting to get something moving by the looks of it, oh how very interesting things will get!

Fuutarou's backstory. I can't say for certain but I feel like the anime might've skipped a few panels and it's a little saddening. I don't remember the manga being as direct and quick. Hopefully, we'll get them back at some point.

Back to the Nakano mansion for the second half. Ichika put up a good fight but she gave it away a little too early, lol. Each getting a 0, that's strong deja vu right there, much to the anguish of a certain someone xD.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 7, 2021 1:18 PM
Jan 2021
Kapan mau dirilis anime nya
Jan 7, 2021 1:20 PM
Jan 2021
when do you want to release the anime please release it nowwhen do you want an anime release? please release it now
Jan 7, 2021 1:27 PM

Apr 2019
quints are back!

OP doesn't really stand out, it's okayish. Don't remember what the last season's character design looked like but this seasons character design looks pretty damn good. Quints really are fucking dumb. Not one, all of them got 0 after all of Fuutaro's tutoring. Pretty good comeback imo. Looks like this will be interesting, finding out who het met when he was a kid.

Jan 7, 2021 1:28 PM

Apr 2019
p0o9i8u7y6t5r4e3 said:
Kapan mau dirilis anime nya
sudah di crunchyroll dan funimation (i think)

Jan 7, 2021 1:34 PM

Oct 2017
I wasn’t a big fan of the last season, but this one is marginally more promising to me!! I read most of the manga but it’s been so long that it’s basically like I’ve never read it. Looking forward to next weeks episode!!!

Edit: and I really enjoyed the OP, and personally loved the new art style :)
Jan 7, 2021 1:39 PM
Jul 2020
We finally get to see the Nakano sisters again. From what I can tell the pacing is going to be really good. I was very excited about this. The opening is catchy. To truly see the new animations was nice. It’s closer to the manga more then what I expected.
An anime original ending doesn’t seem possible. Unless they do 24 episodes this season. If they do an anime original ending, the pacing will probably become messed up.
This episode did cover chapters 33 to 35. If you want to read the manga just start at chapter 36 there shouldn’t be anything to miss.
Jan 7, 2021 1:39 PM

Aug 2020
I think the new art style is amazing!! Started the season with more Uesugi backstory so hopefully we get to figure out who the girl from his past is. Yotsuba as always bringing the comedic relief. This season may out-do the last one in fact. I also like the opening, it has the same theme as the 1st one. Can’t wait for more!
Jan 7, 2021 1:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't really mind the change of art style, I like it as much as the previous one, or maybe this one is a little better because it's more colorful, anyway this first episode of the 2nd season was already great and entertaining with that girl in Kyoto plot, also Yotsuba is so cute with the ponytail I wish she kept this haircut forever
Jan 7, 2021 1:44 PM

Jul 2020
nice! lets go!
i already finished the manga, but im still hyped that s2 finally came out. ive had this question for a while, is it just me, or does yotsuba seem to be a superhuman?
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Jan 7, 2021 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
I like the new art style much better than the old one. It's cleaner and the colors are warm and vibrant. Last season's animation was so derpy to me.

Some spoiler thoughts:
Jan 7, 2021 1:48 PM
Jun 2014
AlexMasterOtakuP said:
Everybody complaining about the art style, but now it's more faithful to the manga.

In what universe?
Chad S1 vs. Virgin S2
S1 style - Manga
Jan 7, 2021 1:55 PM
Aug 2020
Was a pretty good episode happy that it started today I enjoyed the first season. One question tho, what happened to futaro's hair and eye color???
Jan 7, 2021 1:56 PM
Nov 2019
I actually liked the new art style it’s a bit more colourful than the first season and the story is engaging so far.
Jan 7, 2021 1:58 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Finally after much delay season 2 is finally here. Pretty catchy opening that made effective usage of not just the sisters own unique qualities in the visuals but also the seiyuu's singing talent as well. The school camp sure hit Futaro like a ton of bricks though. Nino's still the tsun lol. Still its nice to see all the girls again after so long. Futaro's misunderstanding though was hillarious. Futaro really was quite the rebel when he was younger right down to the blonde hair. But the manner of how he met Reina though sure was interesting. The quest to find the sister that called him a pervert sure was amusing. Overall an excellent ep that did well to reacquaint us with Futaro and the sisters and the unique relationship that exists between them. Excellent ending theme too that matched well with the beautiful visuals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2021 1:58 PM

Apr 2020
I’m already loving the new art style  (I actually prefer this art style more then season 1 ngl)
The opening and ending theme are very good too
(Rip the hips for being removed in season 2, but I don’t really care)

Overall I’m already loving season 2 and the characters
It’s very refreshing seeing some of my favourite characters again in this season.

I hope that episode 2 will be very good too.
IssyBoyMar 5, 2023 3:05 PM
Nina supporter for life💕
Jan 7, 2021 1:59 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly, this is going to be a weird ride. Since I actually read the manga for once, I am looking forward to see how they will approach this season. Having that said though, don't know what to think of the art style. I don't hate it, but still feel like S1 looked far better, even though the Animation was pretty mediocre.

Fuutarou already suspects that he met the quints before 5 years ago in Kyoto and Itsuki thinks the same. It's nice to see the girls animated again. Highlight is definitely Miku on the couch!
Jan 7, 2021 2:05 PM

May 2020
dlxuniuniu said:
Great songs, especially the OP...you can feel the parallel to the first season OP which we all loved. Potential to become seasonal best OP.

Yeah i wanted to write the same .. I think we have better OP now, suits more to the anime ''atmosphere''. Also im the only one that find the new art style better than first season? There is a new studio right?

pouckisJan 7, 2021 2:10 PM
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Jan 7, 2021 2:07 PM

Jul 2020
Jesus this animation fucking sucks holy shit

Jan 7, 2021 2:18 PM
Dec 2020
Haeyqee said:
2077 said:

I found it but why I can't open the file?

It's a .torrent file (or at least I think it should be) .torrent files aren't actually the real file but instead think of them as the key to let you download it. To do that you need a torrent client which will then take that .torrent "key" and let you download the actual file through other people hosting it. Be warned that doing this with copyrighted content is illegal and ISPs have been known to send letters or even shut off networking if you get caught
Jan 7, 2021 2:20 PM
Mar 2015
He really wants to find the girl from 5 years ago
Jan 7, 2021 2:23 PM

May 2016
Great start for the new season, having high hopes for it, they failed miserably hard
man how hard can that be lel.

the new style has that strong 2D feeling unlike the previous one, but Miku sadly took the hugest blow on this change, who ever drew her like this did injustices on her.
Jan 7, 2021 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
This show is waifu heaven and I'm totally here for it
Jan 7, 2021 2:28 PM
Apr 2018
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PEAK FICTION IS BACK
Jan 7, 2021 2:29 PM
Feb 2020
So I guess he really isn't as studious as we're led to believe every person has something unique to them, with looking at the quintuplets it shouldn't be all that hard
Jan 7, 2021 2:32 PM

Jun 2019
Not much of a bang to start, but it’s good to finally get season 2. Looks like it will make some big progress with the relationships and figuring out who the girl was.
Jan 7, 2021 2:34 PM

Jul 2012
I must be the only one who didn't even notice the art style change lol

Nice start! Good to see the quints and Fuutaro back!

Jan 7, 2021 2:38 PM
May 2017
PAPA KIRYU IS BACK!

The art style is fine, more faithful to the manga.

I do hope for an anime original ending. Don't get me wrong, i like the original winner but it would make the anime more interesting.
Rytakahashi09Jan 7, 2021 2:47 PM
Jan 7, 2021 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
I was scared that studio change will downgrade this series (I still like previous character design more) but I was wrong, thankfully. Can't wait for future episodes.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 7, 2021 2:48 PM

Jul 2017
Very glad they keep a similar style of the opening of the OP sequence.

I lowkey liked this more than s1, sure the animation looks smoother and the artstyle looks more refreshing.

Nino Miku rivalry will never tire me, never.

I too would love an anime original ending, like give us route endings. In the manga we only got 1 version (1 girl), I'd love to see they did it too to the other 4 girls, since they are all awesome (maybe but 1, but she had been redeemed in the end) and deserve love. I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶w̶e̶a̶r̶
Jan 7, 2021 2:49 PM
Aug 2020
The op was soooo good. The episode itself was also very enjoyable, I like seeing the sisters having a sense of humor with each other.
Jan 7, 2021 2:53 PM

Jul 2017
Who would have thought that even the 2 strongest girls on the group hate something like needles, huh?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

269 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:23 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

214 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:22 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

202 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 14, 8:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

191 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 9:52 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.