Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 20, 2020 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, those dolls...imo, they're kinda creepy in a way.

It's also about time Sheila entered this series. Better than never I guess and she seems like like a pretty tough girl. Elaina finds out the hard way. I also find her quite entertaining in that pink dress this episode lol
Nov 20, 2020 5:20 AM

Apr 2010
Dolls are creepy and this episode showed their owners being creepy as well tho the ones creating them is even creepier.
This episode also showed that the one thing you should not rob a girls of is her hair.
Elaina got pretty angry when her hair was stolen, she managed to get it back tho.
Nov 20, 2020 5:31 AM

Feb 2019
Shop owner being the ripper was super obvious, I was mainly looking forward to seeing how she would be caught. Wasn’t expecting her to be a masochist too lol.

Short haired Elaina is so elite. Loved how she was ready to take out everyone at the auction 😂. And to top it all of, we get a Saya appearance. Great episode as usual.

The director said episode 9 is gonna be really sad/heavy so brace yourselves for next week.
Nov 20, 2020 5:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That obsession for dolls is REALLY creepy... that woman was really crazy.
To be honest Elaina looked pretty good with short hair, but well it's only for one episode
Nov 20, 2020 5:38 AM
Jul 2019
Another fun and lighthearted episode this week. Sheila finally makes her appearance, and I like her personality as well. Another win for her being voiced by Yoko Hikasa. If last episode taught me anything, is that pissed off Elaina doesn’t play around at all, especially after getting her hair cut off by the creepy doll lady. We also learned that Sheila is Saya’s sensei, and Saya helps deliver sweet justice against the person for defiling her waifu, Elaina. I also wasn’t ready for Elaina pouting, it was too much. HNNNGGH!!!! All in all, an alright episode. Can’t wait for next week.
UncleJojoNov 20, 2020 7:06 AM
Nov 20, 2020 5:46 AM

Jan 2014
Ayyyyyeee back to the more darker tone of episodes. Very creepy episode today, but it was well put together. Elaina with short hair was pretty cute though.
Nov 20, 2020 5:48 AM

Jul 2017
Another journey, and back to the "Dark Realms" of being creepy in a town infested with dolls, of many theories of common women-kidnapping from "The Ripper". Even worse, the doll creator-cum-shop owner adds another cinch to the puppet-like creepiness.

Night Witch Stella makes her appearance, and she is quite the aesthetic figure.

The ONE THING that girls hate to be rid of is their hair, and for long-haired girls, this is more evident and a noticeable feature at that. Pretty weird to see short-haired Elaina, and getting on her bad side is a desire for torture in the most unimaginable way possible.

A secret auction through a masquerade, and filled with dolls nonetheless, the creepy weirdness factor multiplies...that is until Elaina's specimen shows up. What a farce though for a weird fetish, and thankfully her hair is back to where it belongs.

Really weird episode though, AND TO THINK THAT Stella is Saya's teacher??? NANI!? Fetish upon fetish, Saya IS PISSED!

The weird kind of fun.

Marinate1016 said:
The director said episode 9 is gonna be really sad/heavy so brace yourselves for next week.
READY PERFECTLY.
Nov 20, 2020 5:53 AM
Jul 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Shop owner being the ripper was super obvious, I was mainly looking forward to seeing how she would be caught. Wasn’t expecting her to be a masochist too lol.

Short haired Elaina is so elite. Loved how she was ready to take out everyone at the auction 😂. And to top it all of, we get a Saya appearance. Great episode as usual.

hopefully it’s chapter 11 of volume 3 or one of the dark stories from volume 2. Can’t wait!!!
Nov 20, 2020 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Elaina with short hair looked a lot like Maple but with silver hair. A WHITE HAIRED MAPLE! And the best thing is that they both have Hondo Kaede's voice!
Nov 20, 2020 6:04 AM

Apr 2020
Another episode of fun travels! This time we're in a town full of DOLLS (yeah they're kinda creepy). I thought Slasher is going to be something really dark but it turns out its just a psychopatic dollmaker cutting hairs from every women in town.

We witnessed for the first (sadly only) time, a short-haired Elaina. I don't want to get into too much detail but let's just say that Short hair plus ash color are my FETISH X2. What I can say short hairs with white color are my IDEAL. Anyways with the help of Sheila, they took down that crazy woman and is imprisoned in the Association.

Elaina is back to travelling while Sheila gets her reward. In a bonus, Saya appears once again and hears about the Slasher news. But when Sheila says that one of the victims is an ashen witch with the same necklace as hers, uhm YOU KNOW SAYA AIN'T TAKING THAT LIGHTLY. Damn that last scene was just comedy, she is a MASOCHIST after all. It was a good episode, we were back in the dark side a bit but not too hardcore like Ep.3 & Ep 4.
Nov 20, 2020 6:06 AM
Jul 2019
raiderublaze said:
Another episode of fun travels! This time we're in a town full of DOLLS (yeah they're kinda creepy). I thought Slasher is going to be something really dark but it turns out its just a psychopatic dollmaker cutting hairs from every women in town.

We witnessed for the first (sadly only) time, a short-haired Elaina. I don't want to get into too much detail but let's just say that Short hair + ash color = FETISH X2. What I can say short hairs are GREAT. Anyways with the help of Sheila, they took down that crazy woman and is imprisoned in the Association.

Elaina is back to travelling while Sheila gets her reward. In a bonus, Saya appears once again and hears about the Slasher news. But when Sheila says that one of the victims is an ashen witch with the same necklace as hers, uhm YOU KNOW SAYA AIN'T TAKING THAT LIGHTLY. Damn that last scene was just comedy, she is a MASOCHIST after all. Good week, we were back in the dark side but not too hardcore like Ep.3 & Ep 4.
let’s not forget the fabled Elaina pout. Absolute perfection!
Nov 20, 2020 6:08 AM

Sep 2019
She looked better with short hair imo.

Oct 2017
As a guy who dislikes dolls I found this episode creepy, I'll never understand people who likes doll and don't want to either.

Glad Elaina's hair went back to normal, short hair just doesn't suit her imo.

Apr 2020
UncleJojo said:
raiderublaze said:

We witnessed for the first (sadly only) time, a short-haired Elaina. I don't want to get into too much detail but let's just say that Short hair + ash color = FETISH X2. What I can say short hairs are GREAT. Anyways with the help of Sheila, they took down that crazy woman and is imprisoned in the Association.

Elaina is back to travelling while Sheila gets her reward. In a bonus, Saya appears once again and hears about the Slasher news. But when Sheila says that one of the victims is an ashen witch with the same necklace as hers, uhm YOU KNOW SAYA AIN'T TAKING THAT LIGHTLY. Damn that last scene was just comedy, she is a MASOCHIST after all. Good week, we were back in the dark side but not too hardcore like Ep.3 & Ep 4.
let’s not forget the fabled Elaina pout. Absolute perfection!

Ah yes, the Elaina pout. Sheila triggering her with that "how thin you are" line, you know Elaina is poked there. (Even thought I thought she was referring to Elaina's necklace)
Nov 20, 2020 6:11 AM

Feb 2020
OK episode,the dolls all looks creepy,and I don't like the doll woman,she is so weird...
Nov 20, 2020 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
What the fuck was that

"Extreme Face Fetish"

This is like giving us fucking weebs more reasons to make sure that doujin artists to say never run out of ideas and they always stay in business.

After like 3 eps, this one felt like a proper episode, i got to say that the characters are developing, but not in the way that we expect.

Elaina was fine to do anything to anyone that harms her, but she doesn't give much of a fuck about others. I think this ep gives more than enough reason to think that Elaina has to improve her living. I definitely think that the writer has to give more reasons for Elaina to exist now.

But, Everything said, We have reached the last third of the series, now put the characters in fucking nice troubles.
Nov 20, 2020 6:16 AM
uwu

Mar 2014
another story about crazy woman but not as dark as episode 4

And damn, Elaina is pretty muscular... contrary to her posture
Nov 20, 2020 6:39 AM

Mar 2020
Dolls were a creepy and the doll maker was crazy. What a combination xD.

Elaina's pretty cute with short hair not gonna lie, but I still think long hair suites her better.

Good episode :)

Nov 20, 2020 6:42 AM
Jul 2019
Weird and creepy but the wackiness of the episode got rid of that feeling. Elaina looks good with short hair, pretty rare find for me. Next episode should be very heavy.
Nov 20, 2020 6:44 AM

Apr 2019
Those dolls were pretty damn creepy, elaina is still cute with that short hair though. Sheila seemed cool and we even got to see Saya at the end. Black Market is dangerous but not for Elaina!

SomeGuyWithHair said:
Weird and creepy episode but the wackiness of the episode got rid of it. Elaina looks good with short hair, pretty rare find for me. Next episode should be very heavy.
Your username is hilarious in this episode discussion

Nov 20, 2020 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
All those dolls were just creepy.

I was kinda pissed off when Elaina's hair was cut off tho she does look good with short hair but I prefer her hair longer.

We got to see Sheila and she's Saya's teacher.
The culprit deserves Saya's punishment.

Nov 20, 2020 6:50 AM
May 2019
Elaina looks good with short hair <3 btw is the slasher voiced by Ueshama (Reina Ueda) herself? Cuz I find her voice is kinda similar to Umi Kousaka of Idolmaster Million live xD
Nov 20, 2020 6:53 AM
Jul 2019
YhnShkn said:
Elaina looks good with short hair <3 btw is the slasher voiced by Ueshama (Reina Ueda) herself? Cuz I find her voice is kinda similar to Umi Kousaka of Idolmaster Million live xD
That is indeed Reina Ueda as the Slasher. Cool that she also sings the opening theme too.
Nov 20, 2020 6:58 AM

Jun 2019
Creepy dolls, ngl. Elaina looked just as cute as she looks with her long hair.
Also, this was quite a weird episode. Especially, that shop owner girl.
Nov 20, 2020 6:58 AM

Jan 2013
Sheila is fun and cool. i like how everything Elaina does lately is connected with Saya somehow
Nov 20, 2020 7:01 AM
Oct 2020
I think the plot of this episode is too clear. I mean unlike the previous episodes which usually keep some kind of plot twist at the end of the episode, the plot in this episode is very flat. For example, the shopkeeper's role as a slasher in this episode is too obvious even at the beginning. The ending was too flat like "the villain has been caught and it's time to go" without any meaningful plot twist. I like this show but I don't think so in this episode.

By the way the background music in the doll shop scene. it's pretty creepy anyway.
Nov 20, 2020 7:12 AM
Mar 2018
KANLen09 said:
Another journey, and back to the "Dark Realms" of being creepy in a town infested with dolls, of many theories of common women-kidnapping from "The Ripper". Even worse, the doll creator-cum-shop owner adds another cinch to the puppet-like creepiness.

Night Witch Stella makes her appearance, and she is quite the aesthetic figure.

The ONE THING that girls hate to be rid of is their hair, and for long-haired girls, this is more evident and a noticeable feature at that. Pretty weird to see short-haired Elaina, and getting on her bad side is a desire for torture in the most unimaginable way possible.

A secret auction through a masquerade, and filled with dolls nonetheless, the creepy weirdness factor multiplies...that is until Elaina's specimen shows up. What a farce though for a weird fetish, and thankfully her hair is back to where it belongs.

Really weird episode though, AND TO THINK THAT Stella is Saya's teacher??? NANI!? Fetish upon fetish, Saya IS PISSED!

The weird kind of fun.

Marinate1016 said:
READY PERFECTLY.

The real "The Ripper" is coming (maybe) next episode. This episode is a preparation to the big storm.
Nov 20, 2020 7:29 AM

Dec 2014
Anyone who dares destroy Elaina's beautiful long ashen hair needs to be punished. I love how Elaina had a similar idea, the fact that she was ready to destroy the whole auction room was funny and great.

She is cute with short hair but I love her long hair way more and I think it's way more fitting for her.

Saya at the end, ready to deliver punishment. Wish we had more than a glimpse of that. xD
Great episode on the whole. Hoping we see more of Sheila too.
Nov 20, 2020 7:37 AM

Oct 2018
So Darkness from Konosuba showed up in this episode, I didn't expect that at all.

And I'm happy, I thought my Elaina would lose her hair, they could've made her bald for some minutes, that would be funny.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Nov 20, 2020 7:49 AM

Dec 2018
it's kinda hilarious how ashen witch praises herself at the start of every episode ;v

Ashen witch chan looks kawaii with short hair tho lmao
Nov 20, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2013
It was meh I guess. To be honest one of the biggest factor my enjoyment was deteriorated so quickly in this episode was because the stakes are lowered. I thought we’d move onto bigger mysteries with bigger stakes with murderer or something. But the rest of the episode focused entirely on airhead weirdos with dolls fetish and revelation of another mashochist weirdo nobody cares about.

Elaina recovered her hair in the end also means to me it just seems rather aimless episode. Kinda boring, but not unexpected. This isn’t a particularly deep show.

DannyTheDonkeyNov 20, 2020 7:58 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 20, 2020 8:01 AM

May 2011
wow the seiyuu of the ripper is actually ueshama who also sings the OP, definitely couldnt tell there

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 20, 2020 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
I always find episodes about dolls creepy and this episode proved that it's still crepy. Also, that Reaper was really crazy, like she's Konosuba Darkness but let loose.
Nov 20, 2020 9:32 AM
Oct 2018
That woman deserved to die = /. I'm glad Eliana recovered her hair. She looks ugly with short hair
Nov 20, 2020 9:44 AM

Mar 2016
(So apparently I posted this original reply in the wrong episode thread because my PC was fucking with me all day.)

I enjoyed this episode quite a lot, but I'll agree with @animejas to a good extent: it was the weakest episode so far compared to the standards of everything else from this series up-to-date. Still notably better than every other anime episode from this season not labelled Jujutsu Kaisen or Golden Kamuy.

As silly, creepy, and fluffy this was, I found it noteworthy to bring up the moral of this story: Extreme fetishes, obsessions, and ideals/beliefs can really negatively affect other people and communities if not taken care of.

Sheila being voiced by Youko Hikasa was quite nice, indeed, and she came off as a more entertaining character than I remembered from the chapter in which this story was adapted from. Short-haired Elaina, btw, is now the new trend (for now)....never thought I needed that so much.

This was definitely more of a sojourn episode, considering what we're getting in the last five episodes, and I think @UncleJojo will surely love that lul.
Nov 20, 2020 9:47 AM
Jul 2019
Ryuseishun said:
(So apparently I posted this original reply in the wrong episode thread because my PC was fucking with me all day.)

I enjoyed this episode quite a lot, but I'll agree with @animejas to a good extent: it was the weakest episode so far compared to the standards of everything else from this series up-to-date. Still notably better than every other anime episode from this season not labelled Jujutsu Kaisen or Golden Kamuy.

As silly, creepy, and fluffy this was, I found it noteworthy to bring up the moral of this story: Extreme fetishes, obsessions, and ideals/beliefs can really negatively affect other people and communities if not taken care of.

Sheila being voiced by Youko Hikasa was quite nice, indeed, and she came off as a more entertaining character than I remembered from the chapter in which this story was adapted from. Short-haired Elaina, btw, is now the new trend (for now)....never thought I needed that so much.

This was definitely more of a sojourn episode, considering what we're getting in the last five episodes, and I think @UncleJojo will surely love that lul.
I agree too. It’s was the weakest ep IMO too, but it was still enjoyable. Also let’s not forget Elaina’s pout, and that Reina Ueda, who also sang the anime’s opening, voiced the creepy doll maker.
Nov 20, 2020 10:05 AM

May 2018
Not a very interesting episode, but we got some funny stuff out of it.

Nov 20, 2020 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
So what's gonna happen to the poor people who lost their financial support from the ripper?
Nov 20, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2018
CoolNameMissing said:
So what's gonna happen to the poor people who lost their financial support from the ripper?

They'll find a job
Nov 20, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2019
Only_Brad said:
Not a very interesting episode, but we got some funny stuff out of it.

Elaina pout to strong
Nov 20, 2020 10:52 AM

Oct 2018
When Sheila notice Elaina's necklace and her title "Ashen Witch", I already confirmed that Sheila had took Saya as her apprentice before. Glad it was revealed at the end.

More like "you messed with my girlfriend, you're messing with me". xD

O_Wolfs said:
Elaina with short hair looked a lot like Maple but with silver hair. A WHITE HAIRED MAPLE! And the best thing is that they both have Hondo Kaede's voice!

Well I guess it's more like let's max my magic stats rather than the defense and change my hair color to white. Then get the title "Ashen Witch" and I'm ready to explore.

Oh and I also noticed that Maple and Elaina have a single hair strand sticking out.
RiriHitosuyanagiNov 20, 2020 11:28 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Nov 20, 2020 10:52 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I love how elaina behaves

Horrible things happening? People are suffering?

If Elaina knows them then maybe she might help, If she doesn't know them she goes to bed.

Someone dare touch her hair?

Elaina goes for an immediate death penalty.

Its like having a villain protagonist who is still pretty likable.
Nov 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Jun 2017
I am not even surprised the Ripper turned out to be a huge pervert, especially after the wine episode.

Elaina looked nice with the silver Maple skin unlocked. That bed flip was so random too, it was hilarious.

ACasualViewer said:
I love how elaina behaves

Horrible things happening? People are suffering?

If Elaina knows them then maybe she might help, If she doesn't know them she goes to bed.

Someone dare touch her hair?

Elaina goes for an immediate death penalty.

Its like having a villain protagonist who is still pretty likable.

LMAO! Spot on! I think this was the first time where she soo wanted to actively embrace a bloodbath. lol
Nov 20, 2020 11:46 AM
Jul 2019
Cocoa_Hoto said:
When Sheila notice Elaina's necklace and her title "Ashen Witch", I already confirmed that Sheila had took Saya as her apprentice before. Glad it was revealed at the end.

More like "you messed with my girlfriend, you're messing with me". xD

O_Wolfs said:

Well I guess it's more like let's max my magic stats rather than the defense and change my hair color to white. Then get the title "Ashen Witch" and I'm ready to explore.

Oh and I also noticed that Maple and Elaina have a single hair strand sticking out.
Yup! They both have ahoges. Adds a little more to why I like Elaina and Maple so much.
Nov 20, 2020 11:54 AM

Feb 2015
Didn't they say that Ripper took lifes of many women at the beginning? I was suprised that they were acting like that shop owner only did some mischief and cut some hair? Even at the end Sheila took her to association and said she was the ripper who goes around the city after cutting the hairs.. Did i miss something at some point, i don't know..

And i really don't like Saya with her obsessive "love" for Elaina. Still, they manage to bring her to every episode. I am wondering if she appears in the light novel/manga this frequently also.

I like the doll concept by the way. I was expecting to see they would become alive with power of magic or something like that but anyway..
Nov 20, 2020 12:28 PM

Aug 2018
That was a pretty funny episode. Elaina sure didn’t like short hair. Lol
Nov 20, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2019
Hoshizuki said:
Didn't they say that Ripper took lifes of many women at the beginning? I was suprised that they were acting like that shop owner only did some mischief and cut some hair? Even at the end Sheila took her to association and said she was the ripper who goes around the city after cutting the hairs.. Did i miss something at some point, i don't know..

And i really don't like Saya with her obsessive "love" for Elaina. Still, they manage to bring her to every episode. I am wondering if she appears in the light novel/manga this frequently also.

I like the doll concept by the way. I was expecting to see they would become alive with power of magic or something like that but anyway..
Elaina figured out that the “lives of women” referred to their hair after finding out that her hair was cut off while she was sleeping.
Nov 20, 2020 1:21 PM

Jul 2020
Ok now I see why they skipped a bunch of Vol 2, it's to make Saya more apart of the anime. That was hilarious Saya at the end, how dare you mess with Elaina-san! It was a great and funny episode though. I'm surprised Elaina wouldn't just pack up and leave after seeing all the dolls though lol. But her getting all sadistic on the doll was hilarious.
Nov 20, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
Not gonna lie the dolls are creepy. I always hated dolls cause those eyes oml. It's even scarier if they were made with human hair. Kinda like Elaina's short hair but her long hair suits her better.
Nov 20, 2020 1:35 PM
Jul 2019
HoloisHolo said:
Ok now I see why they skipped a bunch of Vol 2, it's to make Saya more apart of the anime. That was hilarious Saya at the end, how dare you mess with Elaina-san! It was a great and funny episode though. I'm surprised Elaina wouldn't just pack up and leave after seeing all the dolls though lol. But her getting all sadistic on the doll was hilarious.
and Yoko Hikasa as Sheila and Reina Ueda as the doll lady were nice touches too.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

176 by trulyadmirable »»
Aug 25, 7:00 PM

» about why elaina doesnt help people

asalkur - Dec 25, 2023

32 by jeppevinkel »»
Jul 30, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

187 by ErnstLindemann »»
Jul 27, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

277 by ErnstLindemann »»
Jul 26, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

246 by GriffityZearth »»
Jul 25, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.