Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2020 10:11 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Picked up smoothly from where they left off last season. Decent start. The main trio's conversation had a heavy atmosphere. Absolutely loved the Hikigaya siblings' interaction. We also got to see Kawasomething-san and her sister this episode! Cool!

Yay! Oregairu is back after a long 5 years. Can't wait for more. My most anticipated anime of this year.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 9, 2020 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
FINALLY, IT'S TIME FOR THE FINAL STRETCH OF OREGAIRU! It's been a LONG, LONG 5 years worth of waiting!

Nagi Yanagi has once again delivered a nice OP, though all of the 3 combined I still prefer Season 1's the best. Same with the ED, the best of the 3 combined, this ED is turning to be my favourite. Still a worthy fight between Season 1 and getting used to the new ED, so there's competition.

Expected the anime to continue from where Season 2 stopped (probably because of the anime-only ending which received a ton of backlash), but it should be said: proper closure should be given with context.

As usual, our boy Hachiman a.k.a 8man has grown his journey with Yukino and Yui, as depicted of the problems faced in Season 2, but there's still a gaping hole in the Service Club's relationship about opening their hearts to one another (especially to Yukino and her family dilemma, which still hurts a ton).

Oh man, schoolmate Kawasaki, HOW DID I FORGET HER...now including her younger sister. Great times indeed as always with younger sister Komachi., being as eccentric as always, very easy to remember her livid personality no matter the time lost. The jokes are as funny as I remember, the sibling relationship that's always a highlight in Hachiman's detrimental family life, keeping him afloat.

The same-old, same-old environments, but a different feeling is in the air. Great to have the rest of the cast back in shape and form.

This is only the start, but a great one.
KANLen09Jul 9, 2020 10:35 AM
Jul 9, 2020 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
Its back, the Yahallos are back!!!!

Good Episode, with the series continuing in the end of season 2 and the conversation between they. And also appeared Kawasaki Baby...
Let´s see wahts happenend next week

5 years waiting for this. And it did not dissapoint...
Jul 9, 2020 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
It's so nice to see Oregairu make its return since years ago. Right off, we have our three main leads returning and even Yukino's sister makes an appearance.

Several other casts also make their return but I think this first episode is to get us used to the Oregairu atmosphere again. Komachi is still super cute this season. Pretty fun episode. Hachiman is still how I remember after all these years.
Jul 9, 2020 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
Sudden dance in OP was unexpected.

Threesome talking in the snow. It's Hayami-san's character's turn for her wish. Looking after her last on her progression to her family matter. First talking to her sister.

Then meeting classmate while waiting for his sister. Then spending time w. her.

Sister saying thank you for the care to him and he shed tear.

Another nice ED.

School time next.

12 eps. total
https://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/oregairu/disc/
tsubasaloverJul 9, 2020 10:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 9, 2020 10:29 AM

Oct 2017
Back after 5 years for a final season, continuing from right where it left off. We got to know Yukino's request and more interactions between the trio. So Yukino's going to confront her sister this time and she has approval from both Hachiman and Yui.

Yay we got more of Komachi right at the start. The Hikigaya siblings interactions are really funny and sweet. Komachi thanked Hachiman for looking after her and damn my man cried. That scene was really emotional. Aside that their usual funny conversations were really hilarious. Also lol "Kawa whatever her name is" reaction was hilarious.

The OP song was great again and the ED too. Both of them had great visuals.

This will be yet again a wonderful journey and with a closure this time. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
KANLen09 said:
Nagi Yanagi has once again delivered a nice OP, though all of the 3 combined I still prefer Season 1's the best.
Yep same.
tsubasalover said:
Sudden dance in OP was unexpected.
True XD.
MegamiRemJul 9, 2020 10:39 PM
Jul 9, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
MegamiRem said:
KANLen09 said:
Nagi Yanagi has once again delivered a nice OP, though all of the 3 combined I still prefer Season 1's the best.
Yep same.
When I always hear the OP and wishing for Season 1's OP "Yukitoki" to make a cameo somewhere. Maybe at the end?
Jul 9, 2020 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
KANLen09 said:
MegamiRem said:
Yep same.
When I always hear the OP and wishing for Season 1's OP "Yukitoki" to make a cameo somewhere. Maybe at the end?
It would be great if they play it at the climax of this season.
Jul 9, 2020 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was a long wait but finally it's hear tho it was a rather tame episode.
I have to say the scenes with Kawasaki where funny tho, she is so shy and the missunderstanding at the school festival was funny.
The episode was a bit of a trip down memory lane which was nice.
Jul 9, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
MegamiRem said:
KANLen09 said:
It would be great if they play it at the climax of this season.
Same exact feelings, that would be the best way to send the series on a high note, but we'll see when we reach that point.
Jul 9, 2020 10:39 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Ah fuck, I was thinking that we might get 13. Hopefully, we will get an OVA (for ANOTHER)
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 9, 2020 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
They picked it right where they left last season. The production values seem to be decent and I like the new OP and ED.

Hachiman's interactions with kawasaki were funny and especially that flashback of aishteiru ze kawasaki after hachiman says aishteiru to komachi.
Love her reaction lmao.

The last part was with komachi. Hachiman teared up a bit after seeing his sister being matured.

More importantly the ultimate waifu and my reason for liking this show is back.
Jul 9, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2020
This is what I'm waiting for!

The OP is pretty good, it's been a while since I've seen Kawasaki, and while watching this episode and seeing Kawasaki, Kawasaki looks really kawaii !!
Jul 9, 2020 11:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They really took it right from were they left off. That's twice this week thats happened for a sequel.

i love seeing Kawasaki. She's got so much potential that alas will not be used. btw, I loved seeing Keika and Komachi having a moment. That was a true imouto overload.
FarabeufJul 9, 2020 12:44 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 9, 2020 11:20 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread has been cleaned. Please don't ask questions about where to watch the episode as this will lead to potential links that may violate MAL Guidelines.

Anime Discussion Rules, Rule 4:
"Do not ask where to download/watch anime or where to download/read manga."
Jul 9, 2020 11:22 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Farabeuf said:
i love seeing Kawasaki. She's got so much potential that alas will not be used.
Agreed. Even the retarded author doesn't give her adequate attention. Goes as far as to always mention her as "Kawasomething-san", I know it is a gimmick but it surely gets annoying and feels bad.
Jul 9, 2020 11:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
cchigu said:
Farabeuf said:
i love seeing Kawasaki. She's got so much potential that alas will not be used.
Agreed. Even the retarded author doesn't give her adequate attention. Goes as far as to always mention her as "Kawasomething-san", I know it is a gimmick but it surely gets annoying and feels bad.

Agree completely. Even Miura gets more screen time than her.

this might sound lame, but I wish we got a couple of ova's with other possibilities for Hachiman. Alternate universe kinda deal.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 9, 2020 11:31 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Farabeuf said:
I wish we got a couple of ova's with other possibilities for Hachiman. Alternate universe kinda deal.
There is an official alt. universe ending for Oregairu called "Oregairu ANOTHER". Both the previous seasons have had one OVA each. Hopefully, we get an OVA covering ANOTHER for this season.
Jul 9, 2020 12:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
cchigu said:
Farabeuf said:
I wish we got a couple of ova's with other possibilities for Hachiman. Alternate universe kinda deal.
There is an official alt. universe ending for Oregairu called "Oregairu ANOTHER". Both the previous seasons have had one OVA each. Hopefully, we get an OVA covering ANOTHER for this season.

is this alternate universe ending by the same author?

Jul 9, 2020 12:33 PM

Jan 2016
What a year! First, the Oregairu LN concluded and then the anime is gonna conclude!

The opening was amazing! Probably has the best "scenes" out of all the openings!

But man, it just feels so good to see Hachiman and Co back!

cchigu said:
We also got to see Kawasomething-san and her sister this episode! Cool!

Funnily enough, I'm super glad that they didn't decide to write her scenes off like they did in season 2. One of my only complaint as a LN reader is that the anime minimalizes Kawasaki's role to the point where she's just seen as a background character
FireFistYKJul 9, 2020 12:36 PM
Jul 9, 2020 12:48 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
FireFistYK said:

Funnily enough, I'm super glad that they didn't decide to write her scenes off like they did in season 2. One of my only complaint as a LN reader is that the anime minimalizes Kawasaki's role to the point where she's just seen as a background character
I don't remember much from Zoku, but I remember Zoku removing many of her LN appearances. I also remember Zoku removing cool Zaimokuza moments. Sed.
Jul 9, 2020 12:59 PM
Apr 2019
I liked the opening song ,though didn't like that much the ED.I hope Hello alone will be played in the last few episodes.
Im hoping for the subbed version,since I read the LN previously it wasnt that hard to pick up.
Anyway,feels good to have Oregairu back
Jul 9, 2020 1:29 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
5 years to see the end of the Aquarium double-date visit, Wataru-sensei sure kept us waiting but I'm ecstatic as ever for more Oregairu content and this was a great way to resume proceedings.

First half, aside from the nice little entertaining banter, brought back the melancholic vibe of the show to great effect. Pity that we didn't get to see the end of it though, I wonder how the conversation with Haruno-oneechan went.

A dose of the Hikigaya siblings and Kawasaki throughout the second half. Yup, that's totally right up my alley xD. Gold. Imoutos sure grow up fast, don't they? Not that I would know though, lol.

Great Op too, although I prefer the previous two over this in all honesty, and a nice and chill ED. Art is great as ever and the Animation pretty darn good so far too. Here's to hoping they'll be able to keep this up for the remainder of the cour.

Weekly episodes of Re:Zero and Oregairu is finally a reality now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 9, 2020 4:34 PM

Feb 2016
After 5 long years finally Oregairu of back. Without wasting time the story continues on from where it was left.

I had forgotten a few details in those long 5 years so I had to rewatch the 2nd season.
Jul 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Jul 2015
Farabeuf said:
cchigu said:

Agree completely. Even Miura gets more screen time than her.

this might sound lame, but I wish we got a couple of ova's with other possibilities for Hachiman. Alternate universe kinda deal.
The game for Vita and PS4 has that possibility. Actually quite liked it. Unfortunately its probably never making it to an ova
Jul 9, 2020 4:47 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ReguIus said:
The game for Vita and PS4 has that possibility. Actually quite liked it. Unfortunately its probably never making it to an ova
I liked some of the routes but let's be real here, they are not penned by Watari. These VN's are more like fanfictions.
Jul 9, 2020 5:20 PM

Nov 2018
When I saw the first episode, I would to saying "This will become the most Anticipated Anime in whole Summer season" together with the Re. Zero Season 2 and the another anime be SAO 3 that would come out in the few days before released episode 1...

Speaking about this new episode, the OP/ED song was a great that i really love it and plot story that would saying "Excellent" and I would keeping watching it until the whole season will finally ended...
Jul 9, 2020 8:23 PM

Jun 2015
I enjoyed the OP and ED. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
:)
Jul 9, 2020 8:24 PM

Mar 2015
It's been so long since Oregairu last aired that I forgot what the most enjoyable aspect of this show is, and it's the conversations. The way characters will talk earnestly, while also obfuscating and hiding their thoughts through metaphor and implications. It really captures the weight behind words we all do when we try to hide our feelings and avoid being "genuine". Looking forwards to the rest of the season.
Jul 9, 2020 8:49 PM
Mar 2019
i am glad i have benn alive for this 5 years
Jul 9, 2020 8:51 PM

Mar 2020
This new OP is my favorite if we go by the song alone, the visuals kinda drag it down a bit.

OP (song-wise)
3 > 2 > 1
OP (visuals)
2.1 > 2.2 >= 3 > 1

The case for the ED is the opposite, it has the best visuals but the song doesn't surpass Everyday World

ED (song-wise)
2 > 1 >= 3
ED (visuals)
3 > 1 >= 2
Jul 9, 2020 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
Damn the feels from the start, I love it.
Kawasaki has great potential to make it a love square, hope she does make it lol, but I am not sure if we will see much more of her.

All in all a great start!
Jul 9, 2020 9:08 PM

Feb 2016
1 Episode in and this is already the best anime this season, highly contender alongside Fruits Basket as best anime of the year (you can't change my mind)

Man, I really love how natural all these trivial interactions felt, these human emotions felt really good, was this anime always so flawlessly at this before? I had a grin on my face the entire episode.

Oh, Oregairu, I'm so glad to have you back.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 9, 2020 9:18 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
AdolZeppeli said:
1 Episode in and this is already the best anime this season.

Man, I really love how natural all these trivial interactions felt, these human emotions felt really good, was this anime always so flawlessly at this before? I had a grin on my face the entire episode.

Oh, Oregairu, I'm so glad to have you back.
Character interactions is one of the strongest suits of Oregairu, alongside with 8man's edgy and pretentious monologues and retorts.
Jul 9, 2020 9:23 PM
Dec 2015
First half of the episode was great, second was pretty good. We're finally back. 4/5
Jul 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Nov 2011
Great first episode! I loved the Visuals more then the Songs for the Op and Ed but they were both very very good.

That snow scene! Hikigaya finally asking about Yukino's parents. I was like "THATS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! Freaking ask about her life!" Progession!!!

Aww man I kinda felt bad for Yui when Hikigaya put those cookies in the drawer.

Heavy Saki episode with great moments. So good.

Also HEAVY Komachi moments...man oh man Hikigaya tearing up AGAIN! That ending scene was brilliant.

Episode 1 didn't disappoint!

Something I noticed though is that Hikigaya drank his coffee black for a large portion of season 2 and I believe season 1 as well (Don't quote me on season 1) however he is now seen throwing some Cream and Sugar into his coffee to sweeten it up. Metaphor for how his relationship with both Yukino and Yui are going? Maybe making his life a little sweeter? Thats how I see it. Just something to think about.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 9, 2020 9:29 PM

Jul 2020
after 5 long years of waiting our boy Hachiman is back again! LOVED the episode overall. studio feel really did great with the body and facial expressions of characters to properly portray how they FEEL based on the situation.

The OP is good as hell as expected from yanagi nagi! the dance part was definitely a treat :)

really loved the character interactions. did not expect that reaction from Saki when Hikigaya told her "Love you, Saki" during the cultural festival flashback.

https://i.postimg.cc/cvKkxFjP/IMG-20200710-122134.jpg

and of course best imouto Komachi is back!
that part where komachi thanked 8man and he teared up was really great.

https://i.postimg.cc/gnL3r1zy/IMG-20200710-122803.jpg

5/5 episode! Thank God i'm alive to witness the climax of my fav romcom series :)

Mod Edit: Removed screenshots: Only one screenshot is allowed per post
anime-primeJul 9, 2020 10:40 PM

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 9, 2020 9:32 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
SoraSenpai said:

Something I noticed though is that Hikigaya drank his coffee black for a large portion of season 2 and I believe season 1 as well (Don't quote me on season 1) however he is now seen throwing some Cream and Sugar into his coffee to sweeten it up. Metaphor for how his relationship with both Yukino and Yui are going? Maybe making his life a little sweeter? Thats how I see it. Just something to think about.

Yeah, something on the line of that. 8man has, since the beginning, loved sugar + coffee (see my signature for his pretentious explanation for this). But during the second season, when his relationship soured with Yukinon, he was shown drinking black coffee, which was a metaphor for how his current situation. Now since he has gone back to his sugary daily life, he has gone back to his way of coffee as well.
Jul 9, 2020 9:34 PM

May 2010
K nothing happenedin this episode. It is setup.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 9, 2020 9:42 PM
Apr 2020
Anybody know where's Hachiman parents?
Jul 9, 2020 9:44 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Not_Wibu said:
Anybody know where's Hachiman parents?
Both working and both come home late.
Jul 9, 2020 9:51 PM
Dec 2017
SoraSenpai said:

Aww man I kinda felt bad for Yui when Hikigaya put those cookies in the drawer.

Why? Given his stance about it not mattering how they taste, it seemed to me that for him, instead of eating them, he wants to keep them as a reminder of the effort she put into getting better at making them, because he feels honestly touched by it.
Jul 9, 2020 10:13 PM
Jan 2016
Finally, after 5 years and pending due to pandemic....Hikki and friends is back!!! I really love this series, maybe it's my favourite in romantic comedy genre, I personally reallly love all of it. The story, the character, etc. First episode, there are soooo much Komachi's scene, hahaha I really love it, and the relation between Hikki and Kawasaki is really interesting, maybe because they both have little brother or sister so they can feel for each other. Now, I can't wait for Iroha's scene, hahaha.
Jul 9, 2020 10:16 PM

Feb 2014
The series is back. Love how the pace is picking up from last season. The very first episode nearly teared me up with the gratifying bow from Komachi to Hikki. This sibling duo have grown up well.

With how the opening sequence was, I guess we're getting the confrontation part soon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 9, 2020 10:18 PM

Jan 2020
10/10 start. AOTS already lmao.

When the 8man cries, we all cry.

Jul 9, 2020 10:26 PM

Mar 2015
Oof, five years have passed since the end of the second season. I honestly feel like it was only a year ago. Great start 👍
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jul 9, 2020 10:27 PM

Aug 2017
Man, Saki reaction was really funny. She deserves more screentime. Anyway pretty ok episode but happy that's back. Komachi best imouto!
Jul 9, 2020 10:29 PM
Mar 2018
I had a huge smile on my face throughout the episode. So glad this series is back!

I was laughing during the whole scene with Kawasaki. Glad that they didn't skip out on their interactions.

Komachi continues to prove herself as one of the best little sisters in anime. No incest whatsoever. Their relationship felt genuine.
Jul 9, 2020 10:44 PM

Jul 2017
Solid episode to get back directly into the swing of things. Let the final arc (and weakest arc) begin! But seriously, this was fine. The visuals were alright, wonky but I'm used to it from the 2nd season and the stuff adapted while not really interesting except the Kawasaki bit which was very good for me, was a solid introduction for this particular final season.

Speaking of Kawasaki Saki, it was lovely to see her again here. I liked her in the novels, glad I somehow got to see more of her before she disappears again into the abyss of no screentime.
Jul 9, 2020 10:49 PM

Sep 2008
wow, in that moment 5 years ago, just like re:zero huh...interesting
not that i hate the opening but, loved way more the prior ones.

next episode returns the best girl (for me) Iroha 'senpai, senpai'.

'kore dakara gomii chan
baka, bokenasu, hachiman'
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.