Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2020 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good to see Fruits Basket back on TV! We got a short overview of events from the previous season with some narration but it's back to the continuation. Even Yuki's fanclub is back and they're not messing around lol

Actually, I'm surprised how many characters are back but it's great to see everyone again. There's a lot more humor than I had thought coming from this episode. Motoko's reactions were so priceless.
Apr 6, 2020 9:58 AM

Nov 2007
Both OP and ED are beautiful. (They are walking instead of running for a change in OP! (Well, except for the rabbit-kun))

That was a nice quick summary to 1st season.

Mainly about meeting student council members and Yuki fan girl's feeling. They also showed other members towards the end.

6 Volumes total (probably another 25 eps.?)
https://fruba.jp/blu-ray_dvd_cd/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg6opT0BFZI
tsubasaloverApr 7, 2020 10:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 6, 2020 10:45 AM

Oct 2010
oh my bad, didn't see you posted about the BD/DVD on this thread (since I didn't click it until I watched the episode). 25 seems very likely. My question remains, is that enough to get to the end of manga? Or are we gonna need a season 3?
Apr 6, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2017
lovin this OP but bruh why all this recap XD
Apr 6, 2020 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
Zerity said:
lovin this OP but bruh why all this recap XD

Well it's kinda for those of us with not-so-good memory skills, basically. Which could've been fulfilled with a rewatch on our own accord, anyways :P

Not really complaining, though.
Apr 6, 2020 11:01 AM
Dec 2016
It's absolutely great to see Kakeru and his antics animated, which probably was the highlight of the episode for me
Apr 6, 2020 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
Finally!!! Nice recap, and we finally get to meet Kakeru and Machi~!!!

I had a lifetime waiting for this tbh!!! Can't believe it is finally here lol
Apr 6, 2020 11:03 AM

May 2018
Kougeru said:
oh my bad, didn't see you posted about the BD/DVD on this thread (since I didn't click it until I watched the episode). 25 seems very likely. My question remains, is that enough to get to the end of manga? Or are we gonna need a season 3?

We will provably get another season (but maybe shorter).
Apr 6, 2020 11:03 AM
Sep 2016
What a strange episode to start the season with. I would expect an episode like this to be in the middle section but it just seems strange to put as the premiere. It seems like this episode has the same problem as I had with the first season is that the character focus was all over the place.

In this episode, instead of focusing on Tooru, Kyo, Yuki, and Shigure we get an episode mostly consisting of the Yuki fan club and it just feels off. Plus, the girl who I forgot the name of gets her own thing and she's still one-note as ever. I like the bits with the Vice president and the treasurer but that's really it. You could've replaced the fan club thing with something else and it wouldn't make a difference.

Flaws aside, I am happy the show is back. When the four are bickering, it's still fun and just seeing the main characters again is nice to see. Plus, the new VP and Treasurer seem like a lot of fun. Plus, that Op solid. It's good to have the show back.
It really do be like that though.

Apr 6, 2020 11:09 AM
Dec 2009
the story with Motoko is one of the two things form the original TV series that was not in the first season. Plus in the first season, it took a whole episode. This one basically split it with Kakeru and Machi's introduction. The recap was very minimal.
Apr 6, 2020 11:12 AM

Apr 2019
Ahh a new episode of Fruits Basket, glad to see everyone return for a new season.

The student council has some interesting members, I hope we get to learn more about Machi later on. I wonder why she jumped like that when Yuki touched her?

Looking forwards to next week's episode.
Apr 6, 2020 11:18 AM

Sep 2017
great episode! maybe it'll take time but the new op and ed aren't as much as bangers are ED1 and OP2 were, so thats a little sad for me

hopefully the person who did the huge manga vs anime analysis every episode comes back to these threads. that was always a fun read every week!
Apr 6, 2020 11:19 AM

Apr 2019
Finally! The wait is no more....The recap was good and fast, as for the episode it was Fruits Basket like, meaning it was great as expected!

Apr 6, 2020 11:23 AM
Oct 2016
Hello again Fruba! So glad to be back after waiting these past few months. Kind of a softball episode to lead us back in. Focusing on Yuki as he deals with becoming student council President. Absolutely loved seeing Kakeru and Hachi introductions in the anime! They're two very interesting characters I love. Kakeru already living it up pressing Yuki buttons in their very first meeting. Kakeru is just a very amount guy even with all his flamboyance you can see there's purpose to it all, very calculating. Yuki could pick up on that too but he doesn't mind it so much because of what Kakeru said as he left. It's kinda funny how something a person says to you randomly can just stick in your mind for better or worse. Relatable moment with that as Yuki thought Kakeru calling him interesting was really cool.

Of course we can't have focus on Yuki without focusing on the Yuki Fan club!! Particularly their President Motoko. Before the fan club has always been there for laughs but here we see how vulnerable Motoko really is on the inside. She puts on that front of wanting Yuki to look at her but she really just hates herself for feeling like he should be hers alone. Very emotional talking about the facade we all put on for appearances as Yuki said. Things aren't usually how they seem on the surface, especially with people and their feelings. Got a nice sort of buzz shot of lots of the Sohmas to end this episode which for me hyped. We some old faces and some newer ones who will be big players this season.
Apr 6, 2020 11:29 AM
Aug 2019
Ahhhhh Season 2 is here.
Machi and Kakeru are finally here I'm so happy.
It looks like it's focused on Motoko this episode so they can move on to the beach arc soon.
The op was really good and also the ed.

Apr 6, 2020 11:29 AM

Dec 2018
BEAUTIFUL ED <3

Can't wait for more
Apr 6, 2020 11:31 AM

Feb 2016
Yeah Fruit Basket is back with a nice start

I hope this season is equal to or better than the previous
Apr 6, 2020 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
Just noticed at the very end of the new ED theme it kinda sounded like the original "For Fruits Basket" theme. Tribute?
Apr 6, 2020 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
I think every Monday gonna be good with this series coming back. So glad to see it back. X3
Apr 6, 2020 11:34 AM

Feb 2019
Good start to the new season. Love that kakeru guy, he is pretty interesting and even made yuki blush lol.

Student council is surely quirky. Dunno how to feel about minagawa and aida girl tho.

Both OP and ED are pretty good.
Apr 6, 2020 11:35 AM

Mar 2012
Glad that Fruits Basket is back, I was eagerly anticipating this one, and a nice episode to start :D
The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth ;)

Apr 6, 2020 11:37 AM

Oct 2017
Quite the amusing episode to start this season. This was hilarious and touching too. The new op and ed were good, I liked the ed more. Looking forward to rest of the season.
Apr 6, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2018
Great beginning. I'm excited about next episodes.
Apr 6, 2020 11:47 AM

Sep 2017
Fun episode to start up the season. I missed the antics of the Yuki fan club girls. It did get a lil more serious towards the end tho. Regardless I'm excited to continue the adventure.
Apr 6, 2020 11:48 AM
Sep 2015
I hope this is the final season. I've wait for the curse to be revealed for so long now I've lost interest in it. Now I only care for new hot guy like Kakeru.
Apr 6, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
Fruits Basket is back!

Good episode.
Good to see the main characters again.

It was interesting that this episode focused on Motoko and the Yuki fan club.
Saki's appearance scared the hell out of them XD.

I'm looking forward to more of this.
LeoApr 6, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 6, 2020 11:49 AM

May 2015
This face was priceless. Loving the new season!

Apr 6, 2020 11:50 AM

Sep 2018
I want this season to explain a little more about the zodiacs, especially after what happened at the end of the first.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Apr 6, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow..nice op... reallly liked the first episode
Apr 6, 2020 12:07 PM

Nov 2016
The little recap was a good refresher, but weird episode to start off a new cour. Managed to be an enjoyable episode nonetheless and I'm already very fond of the new opening and ending.

Looking forward to these next weeks with Fruba and I hope for an even wilder emotional ride than before.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2020 12:12 PM

Sep 2019
I'm not the biggest Fruits Basket Fan but this first epiosde was relativley fine. Hope this season will be better than the first one.
Apr 6, 2020 12:20 PM
Oct 2018
I understand it was more of a recap episode which is fine, but i personally find the yuki fan-club thing so annoying. In the manga i feel like Makoto and the fan club dont really matter especially this season lol. I loved seeing Kakeru and Machi animated though! Cant wait for the rest of the season(:
Apr 6, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2018
I was really excited for a new season of Fruits Basket and I really loved this episode and some of the moments really made me laugh and some made me sad. Honestly such a great start to a season and it's nice to see a little recap of the previous season. I can't wait to see more of the student council and new scenes finally getting animated! I can't wait till next week!
icedmocha_Apr 9, 2020 5:57 AM

Apr 6, 2020 12:32 PM

Sep 2015
I loved this episode! I think they weaved a quick and to the point recap, and these two chapters perfectly together. I wasn’t expecting it to include the fan club stuff in the first episode, but I think it worked.

The opening was good, and I really liked the ending. I cried during both the first seasons first episode ending and this episodes ending, I think it must be because of all the excited emotions I felt during both first episodes. Haha.

I think this season will also be 25 episodes, and I’m still hoping season 3 is 24 or 25 episodes. With all the care they took in season 1, I don’t think that they’ll rush the ending into only 13, but it’ll really depend on how quickly they move through the middle of the story.

I can’t wait to see how this season unfolds!
Apr 6, 2020 12:34 PM

Mar 2017
I missed these guys so much; the wait was too long! This was a nice chill episode to draw back into the world of Fruits Basket.

Even though she's supposed to be the comedic love rival, I actually feel so sorry for Motoko; we've all had a crush on someone and had to watch other people get closer to them and make them happy.

Manabe seems like an interesting character but there is something shady af about him and Kuragi...
Apr 6, 2020 12:36 PM

Sep 2015
Baka_Queen said:
I understand it was more of a recap episode which is fine, but i personally find the yuki fan-club thing so annoying. In the manga i feel like Makoto and the fan club dont really matter especially this season lol. I loved seeing Kakeru and Machi animated though! Cant wait for the rest of the season(:

Very little was actually recap this episode. The fan club stuff was a chapter that was skipped through during the first season. I think the biggest thing with the fan club is that in the this episode and the last chapter they are significantly in, they highlight how much Yuki has changed in such little ways. But yeah they’re not really important.
Apr 6, 2020 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
I think this season is going to be an emotional roller coaster and my body is ready...i think lol. Good starting episode!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 6, 2020 1:05 PM

Feb 2011
I like this episode. I never see someone fangirl so much as Motoko. She is my inner Fangirl on it highest.
I Like to see this episode give us more over Yuki and how he think of things. I like the two other members of the student Council. Manabe is a totally extrovert and Yuki a introvert so this make a lot of funny scenes lol. I like how Yuki tough he is making fun of me.. lol.
I we also see some more about the horse Rin I love to see more of her in the anime.
Apr 6, 2020 1:12 PM

Feb 2016
Best Shoujo of the Decade is back, ahhh I love the OP and ED.

Imo, recaps should be like this, short and right to the point, didn't take too much time. This episode was really amusing
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 6, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
Always love episodes focused on Yuki <3 The OP is really refreshing. I never cared much for Minagawa, personally. But it was interesting seeing the introduction of Kakeru and Machi. I love Kakeru so I can't wait to see more of his antics in the student council~
Apr 6, 2020 1:21 PM

Feb 2014
Fruits Basket is back! ^_^

The recap at the start was pretty compact, but it was plenty enough to refresh our minds about what went down in the 1st season. This episode had a good balance of comedy and character development.

The introduction of Kakeru and Machi was done really well. Kakeru is a bit of a crazy guy, but he's all good. His constant talking to Yuki was really amusing to watch.

Motoko got a good amount of focus during the second half. Since she's so infatuated with Yuki, she holds a lot of hatred and jealousy towards any female student who get close to him. What she revealed during this episode was that she despises herself more than anyone for having such thoughts in the first place. Her personality might be hard to like, but she does have my respect for being honest to herself about her faults.

The OP and ED songs from the previous season were great, and the new batch for season 2 continues that form. Both songs have that peaceful and relaxing feeling to it. It's pretty chill and it suits this show a lot. ^_^

All in all, this is a very good start to the second season. Let this rollercoaster of emotions begin once again!
Apr 6, 2020 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
Unexpectedly a good episode! first thought was that i thought it would be too focused on Motoko but I liked where it went. Excepted for the next ep!!
Apr 6, 2020 1:37 PM
Nov 2019
I quite enjoyed that - Short recap plus some good scene-setting.

This, Bookworm & yesterday - This season's shaping up nicely....

Apr 6, 2020 1:57 PM

Mar 2020
Fruits Basket is finally back after all that wait!
It was a good first episode, although I find the Yuki fan club annoying.
It seems that Yuki will have it rough with the new council members lol
I'm excited for the rest of the season! I hope it'll match the quality of the first one.
Apr 6, 2020 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
Great beginning of 2nd season. I'd hate it if the whole episode was about Motoko and the Prince Yuki fanclub, but they did a good balance with also introducing Kakeru and Machi. They are fun characters, it's nice to see them animated and voiced. But Kakeru and Machi introduction was in chapter 49 and Motoko's stuff was in chapter 42... They are mixing things up again. I hope they animate the chapters in between. ^^;

I also hope we see an episode about Ayame's shop before the beach arc (since they skipped chapter 36 in the 1st season). The beach arc starts at chapter 54, so we should get some important episodes before that. I don't like when they rearrange the chapters, but I guess it can't be helped if they want to do 2 chapters per 1 episode. I just hope they won't skip even 1 chapter because I think they are all important. So I hope for 3 seasons with 25 episodes, with all chapters animated.

EDIT: Forgot to say I like the Opening a lot. Ending is fine, nothing special. In the 2nd Opening I hope to see Kakeru and Machi. :3
SailorVekiApr 6, 2020 2:40 PM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Apr 6, 2020 2:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode, I’ve been waiting for this! Welcome back, Furuba!

Honestly, it felt more like a filler with the focus on the Yuki fan club and Minagawa-senpai in particular but a lot of solid character development for Yuki I reckon. I don’t necessarily support her actions but I can say for certain that I admire how earnestly she looks at her own flaws.

Quite the introduction for Manabe and the treasurer, meanwhile. They really give off the super duo feeling. Yuki thinking he’s being teased in the hallway there was hilarious to see, lol. Looks like he’ll be fun company in this season. Some return for the current Pres too, lol.

Nice little recap at the start. One of the Japanese YT channels aired all 25 episodes so I’d done my warm-up from there, or so to say, but the narration was short and to the point so I didn’t mind it at all. One more tease for the anime-onlies, things are definitely going to go down big time soon...

Charming Op & ED, by the way. Especially liked the ED, the visuals were incredible. Soundtracks give a similar feel as the first season, and that’s brilliant!

Another 2 cours of this is going to be some ride I’m sure, but now I can’t wait for the next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 6, 2020 2:13 PM
Mar 2010
I love how they started the season with a calm episode that has minimal plot progression. It tells us they are taking their time and they are not rushing it. Fairly sure we are getting a third season. I am glad they give focus to all the characters and try their best to fit everything from the manga. They do so well with the adaptation, it is clear their source well and they are mixing stuff in a logical way.
Apr 6, 2020 2:34 PM
May 2017
The future waifu is here
Apr 6, 2020 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
So glad it's back! Recap was good, just right amount of time used for it!

Quite an odd episode to get back into the show again, we're getting introduced with the people who are going to be helping Yuki on the Student Council. Current president said he will have another 2 helping him. I wonder if they are going to be just as odd and quirky as the first two!

Pretty relaxing start, Can't wait for next week's bickering though!! Always amusing seeing them fight!
Apr 6, 2020 2:56 PM

Jul 2017
Holy shit the OP's this season just keep getting better and better, dayummmmm

Also nice to see Yuki fan club's #1 member get some attention :P
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

177 by RAVEN____ »»
May 16, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 16, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2020

131 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 16, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2020

120 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 16, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2020

153 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 16, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.